View Full Version : Play Ball 2006 Edition

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

devilmaster
04-18-06, 02:58 AM
http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/Pitts4.jpg
http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/Pitts5.jpg

Andrew Longman
04-18-06, 10:00 AM
I took a day off last week and took the three kids to a day game at Yankee Stadium. Nothing like it.

They are building a new Yankee Stadium next door in the coming years and that just seems so wrong for so many reasons. Especially when places like the old Tiger Stadium was so good and its replacement so bad.

From what I can tell the new stadium will be very much like the old one but looking around on Wednesday, I didn't see much reason for taking it down.

Gangrel
04-18-06, 10:31 AM
I took a day off last week and took the three kids to a day game at Yankee Stadium. Nothing like it.

They are building a new Yankee Stadium next door in the coming years and that just seems so wrong for so many reasons. Especially when places like the old Tiger Stadium was so good and its replacement so bad.

From what I can tell the new stadium will be very much like the old one but looking around on Wednesday, I didn't see much reason for taking it down.

I feel for ya'...I felt the same way when they brough Comiskey down and put up the flying saucer in a bowl. I could understand why the Sox wanted a new park, but it seemed such a waste to demolish one with so much history. I always wished they would have found a new use for that old park and put the new one up in a different area of the city. The new park was nice, but it lacked heart. It was not until a few years ago that they started making major modifications to U.S. Cellular, and now she is just getting to where she feels like a ball park, not a multipurpose stadium.

Turbodog
04-18-06, 11:55 AM
I hope Jose De Jesus wrote an article first saying that Selig should come to every ballpark, apologise to the fans before the game and during the 7th inning stretch, stand there and allow fans to throw things at him, and once he has completed all 30 parks (and maybe all AAA parks for good measure) then he should retire for the good of baseball....

I have no doubt that major league baseball and selig knew that steriods were all over the game and they used it to their advantage to help bring back fans from the strike and garner new ones. Its the same selig who is now trying hard to save his job and his reputation from being destroyed by people in congress.

Yah there are big issues with Bud. But Bariod has become a freak show. Someone tossed a turkey baster at him last night in Phx.

Sean O'Gorman
04-18-06, 12:27 PM
PNC looks cool, too bad its wasted on the Pirates. :p

Andrew Longman
04-18-06, 12:27 PM
I feel for ya'...I felt the same way when they brough Comiskey down and put up the flying saucer in a bowl. I could understand why the Sox wanted a new park, but it seemed such a waste to demolish one with so much history. I always wished they would have found a new use for that old park and put the new one up in a different area of the city. The new park was nice, but it lacked heart. It was not until a few years ago that they started making major modifications to U.S. Cellular, and now she is just getting to where she feels like a ball park, not a multipurpose stadium.

Wasn't Comiskey built right before Camden Yards? CY showed everyone what a ballpark could be.

I always liked CY but it also had a somewhat "Disneyfied" feel to it. It is fake history, which I guess could be OK if all you have for history is Baltimore Municipal, but some might argue that. I like a lot of these new stadiums, certainly more than places like the Vet which has all the charm of a suburban Jersey shopping mall, but I am also nagged by the feeling that they all seem to imitating not celebrating history

Comiskey had history, not all of it good, some of it wacky like Disco Night, but it had history. I was last in it about 1983 and it did seem a bit worn, as Fenway did until it was renovated recently. But Yankee Stadium (despite a chunk of the upper deck falling a few years back) seems to be very well cared for. The bathrooms are freshly painted and clean. It handles a large crowd well and there are concessions everywhere

But it lacks those precious luxury boxes.

I am a bit surprised that they are doing it given how much hype the Yankees give their history and all the talk from players about playing on the same field as Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Micky, Reggie, Thurmon, Mattingly, ...

From what I understand though, George is almost forced to do it because of something about the revenue sharing deal. What he spends of his massive earnings on a new stadium he does not have to share as luxury tax or some such thing. In other words, he is building it for free and the city isn't paying for it either (except $75 million for roads, etc.)

devilmaster
04-18-06, 01:02 PM
CY is definitely a nice park. It was our first May24 roadtrip and we had such a fun time that we have continued our trips to this day.

It was in 2002, and we caught the game friday night then toured saturday and sunday in Baltimore and Washington before heading back on Monday.

We keep it simple. Ballgames are of course the major attraction, and we pick about 2 or 3 other major attractions to see. (example: Andy Warhol museum in Pitts, Arch in St. Louis) The rest of the time, we roam and just find things. We rent cars to save on wear and tear of our own, and we get mid-size cars with unlimited miles. Our car and rooms probably cost no more than 500 or 600 total $Can and its always been the three of us, so 200 each for the weekend, and then whatever you spend on top of that.

We also try and find locally famous or significant restaurants for food. (why drive 8 hours to eat at a McD's?)

The whole idea is to see the local culture and attractions, put another notch on the ballpark list, and have an easy and relaxing weekend to boot.

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/cy1.jpg

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/cy2.jpg

Ankf00
04-18-06, 01:07 PM
as you can see, Steve was roaming the countryside for good baseball back in the days of 8mm :D

also: do love the PNC and the Busch...

devilmaster
04-18-06, 01:11 PM
as you can see, Steve was roaming the countryside for good baseball back in the days of 8mm

Maybe I should scan up some of my old CART photos? :D :p

dando
04-18-06, 01:12 PM
CY is definitely a nice park. It was our first May24 roadtrip and we had such a fun time that we have continued our trips to this day.

It was in 2002, and we caught the game friday night then toured saturday and sunday in Baltimore and Washington before heading back on Monday.

We keep it simple. Ballgames are of course the major attraction, and we pick about 2 or 3 other major attractions to see. (example: Andy Warhol museum in Pitts, Arch in St. Louis) The rest of the time, we roam and just find things. We rent cars to save on wear and tear of our own, and we get mid-size cars with unlimited miles. Our car and rooms probably cost no more than 500 or 600 total $Can and its always been the three of us, so 200 each for the weekend, and then whatever you spend on top of that.

We also try and find locally famous or significant restaurants for food. (why drive 8 hours to eat at a McD's?)

The whole idea is to see the local culture and attractions, put another notch on the ballpark list, and have an easy and relaxing weekend to boot.

Good stuff, Steve. :thumbup: Thx for sharing. :cool: I'm jealous. Ultimately I plan on visiting all the parks, but haven't gotten to it yet....and with a lil' one @ 2 and another on the way in June, it'll proly be a few more years until I get started, 2. I'm headed to Pittsburgh for a wedding in June, but the Pirates on a roadie until the week after the wedding. :(

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-18-06, 05:04 PM
Devilmaster

Cool stuff. I've been traveling for work for the better part of 25 years and always try to take in stadiums and locales just as you.

I'm not always in big cities so I've also had the luck to take in a lot of minor league parks in places like Richmond, Durham, Knoxville, Harrisburg, Louisville, Tulsa, OK City, Columbus, Toledo, Des Moines, Laramie and Buffalo. One spring I spent a good amount of time in the Gulf Coast and caught a lot of college games from Gainsville to Tallahassee to Boluxi to Baton Rouge.

Beats spending the evening doing email in a hotel room. And yes, always find the special local eatery.

dando
04-18-06, 05:19 PM
I'm not always in big cities so I've also had the luck to take in a lot of minor league parks in places like Richmond, Durham, Knoxville, Harrisburg, Louisville, Tulsa, OK City, Columbus, Toledo, Des Moines, Laramie and Buffalo. One spring I spent a good amount of time in the Gulf Coast and caught a lot of college games from Gainsville to Tallahassee to Boluxi to Baton Rouge.

FYI, Columbus will have a new park in a couple of years in case yer travelling near these parts then. The Coop was the best minor league park backin the 70s after the refurb, but she's gotta go now. Plus, the area she's in is a pit.

-Kevin

chop456
04-19-06, 01:37 AM
as you can see, Steve was roaming the countryside for good baseball back in the days of 8mm

Here's a red "X" until I can find a different photo.

devilmaster
04-19-06, 01:50 AM
Here's a red "X" until I can find a different photo.

:p

chop456
04-19-06, 01:52 AM

http://www.waddingtons.ca/pages/auctions/preview/2005/photography/photo-images/04.jpg

I shouldn't poke fun. I'm still using my 2MP Nikon. :D

Andrew Longman
04-19-06, 09:22 AM
FYI, Columbus will have a new park in a couple of years in case yer travelling near these parts then. The Coop was the best minor league park backin the 70s after the refurb, but she's gotta go now. Plus, the area she's in is a pit.

-Kevin

Cool

I'm over in Marysville about six times a year.

Ankf00
04-19-06, 12:15 PM
http://www.waddingtons.ca/pages/auctions/preview/2005/photography/photo-images/04.jpg

I shouldn't poke fun. I'm still using my 2MP Nikon. :D
got any good Model-T footage on that puppy? How about the Stanley Steamer? :D

dando
04-19-06, 01:40 PM
Cool

I'm over in Marysville about six times a year.
I'll PM you with more info when they have a design and plan approved. The park will be similiar to Dayton's, which sits on a few city blocks downtown, and is partially visible @ street level. The new park will be downtown in the Arena District, so it will be a nice compliment to the arena and other entertainment venues down there. There's a concept design way down @ the bottom of the Clipper's site:

http://www.clippersbaseball.com/

http://clippersbaseball.com.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Images/Huntington%2002.jpg

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-20-06, 09:55 AM
Astros relievers gave up 18 hits, 15 runs, seven walks and four homers in 7 1/3 innings in the three-game series.

bullpen == teh sux

Stu
04-20-06, 10:04 AM
bullpen == teh sux

the similarities between the Indians and Astros just keep getting stronger.

Turbodog
04-20-06, 10:51 AM
bullpen == teh sux

I was there last night. Springer brought out a 5 gallon can of gas with him to the mound last night. :shakehead

Racing Truth
04-20-06, 01:57 PM
the similarities between the Indians and Astros just keep getting stronger.

:sigh: You got that right.

Betancourt, Miller, and Graves were spewing gasoline. :shakehead

dando
04-20-06, 05:25 PM
Tribe's new slogan: Got gas? :gomer:

They are catching up to Bmore for most runs allowed in the bigs. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Turbodog
04-21-06, 05:06 PM
I am off to the yard shortly. Going to bring a Nomex just in case ;)

tllips
04-23-06, 12:17 AM
Pale Hose once again have the best record in baseball!!!!! :thumbup:

Go Sox!!!!! :D

Stu
04-23-06, 07:46 AM
Tribe's new slogan: Got gas? :gomer:

They are catching up to Bmore for most runs allowed in the bigs. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Not hard to do when 4 of your top pitchers are injured.

dando
04-23-06, 08:16 PM
Not hard to do when 4 of your top pitchers are injured.
You mean when Graves is on yer staff? And CC on the DL is actually saving them runs. :gomer: Do explain how the likes of Miller (5+ ERA), Betancourt ~6 ERA), and Cabrera (17 ERA) are considered 3 of the Tribe's best pitchers? :saywhat: Miller and Cabrera don't have enough GP for their career to determine if they are decent or not. Bentancourt is serviceable, but he's not a closer or #1 setup P by any means. I'll give you CC...he's definitely the tallest, or in this case, the fattest dwarf. :D And like I said long ago, trading Byrd for Millwood was not a wash nor an upgrade. Even when healthy, this staff is average @ best. BoSox, Texass, and Chisox up next will be a test.

-Kevin

Turbodog
04-25-06, 12:39 AM
Lidge had a can of gas tonight :shakehead

Ankf00
04-25-06, 07:57 AM
Lidge gives up a hit or a run every time he's out there, he's not the same as last year

Stu
04-25-06, 08:11 AM
You mean when Graves is on yer staff?

Graves aint a big deal. He won't stay long if he is still struggling. Interesting note though. In his first inning pitched of an outing, Graves has yet to give up a run. Its only when he gets extended to 2+ innings that he struggles. I just wish our Skipper would realize crap like that before me.

And CC on the DL is actually saving them runs. :gomer:

When the Indians made their run, CC was electric. Post all-star break he was 9-5 with a 3.54 era. Thats what we were expecting this year.

Do explain how the likes of Miller (5+ ERA), Betancourt ~6 ERA), and Cabrera (17 ERA) are considered 3 of the Tribe's best pitchers? :saywhat:

OMG, CABRERA HAS A 17 ERA OVER 5 INNINGS PITCHED. HE'S THE WORST PITCHER EVER!!!

Way to be an idiot, and use statistics from this year for guys who are now on the DL. Ever here of a small sample size? Ever consider the fact that maybe their era is high because they were battling through injury?

Miller 2005 era: 1.82. Career era: 2.87
Betancourt 2005 era: 2.79. Career era: 3.21
Cabrera 2005 era: 1.47. That was his first real exposure in the majors.

So please restate your previous statment about how losing these bums isnt a big loss.

Take 3 guys out of any bullpen in the majors with stats like that and tell me they will still win ballgames. :rolleyes:

Miller and Cabrera don't have enough GP for their career to determine if they are decent or not. Bentancourt is serviceable, but he's not a closer or #1 setup P by any means.

Miller was a journeyman before he got things together and started pitching well. He's done nothing but perform since making it with the Tribe.

Cabrera is a "rookie". No crap he doesn't have service time. But he has dominated everywhere he has pitched, including the majors.

Betancourt is not a #1 setup pitcher? Well, we were not asking him to be one. Mota is our setup guy. And he looks sharp so far. Rafy was supposed to split time with Mota, work the 7th inning, pitch in tight situations. ERA below 3 with 68 innings pitched isnt good enough for you for a bullpen guy?

trading Byrd for Millwood was not a wash nor an upgrade.

WOW. YOU PREDICTED A GUY WITH A CAREER 4.31 ERA COULDNT REPLACE THE AL ERA LEADER FROM LAST YEAR??? YOU ARE TEH GENIUS!!!!

While no one intelligent expected Byrd to pitch as well as Millwood did last year, we expected him to be better than this. He has had control issues.

But while Byrd has pitched worse than Millwood, Johnson has pitched better than Elarton AND Millwood. So overall so far its a wash.

Turbodog
04-25-06, 09:31 AM
Lidge gives up a hit or a run every time he's out there, he's not the same as last year

Pujols killed him last year. He grooved one to Nomar and he hit it a ton

Ankf00
04-25-06, 09:33 AM
poo hole killed him once, the rest of the time Lidge was pwning everyone.

Gangrel
04-25-06, 11:12 AM
poo hole killed him once, the rest of the time Lidge was pwning everyone.

...hmmm....I don't remember him pwning anyone in the World Series last year...perhaps I lived in an alternate reality.... :D

Turbodog
04-25-06, 11:22 AM
...hmmm....I don't remember him pwning anyone in the World Series last year...perhaps I lived in an alternate reality.... :D

That was after "poo hole" drove a stake in his heart :cry:

Ankf00
04-25-06, 12:21 PM
perhaps I lived in an alternate reality.... :Dthat is something everyone can agree on :gomer: ;)

Gangrel
04-25-06, 12:34 PM
that is something everyone can agree on :gomer: ;)

We've got the trophy. :rolleyes:

Ankf00
04-25-06, 12:41 PM
We've got the trophy. :rolleyes:
learn to take a joke ;)

Gangrel
04-25-06, 02:09 PM
learn to take a joke ;)

all in good fun, my friend....all in good fun... :D

Gangrel
04-25-06, 02:13 PM
Speaking of all in good fun....I read recently about one of the more popular World Championship Ring shirts being sold down by The Joan (or U.S. Cellular Field, for the humor impaired ;))....kind of sums up the attitude of the die hard White Sox fan about how the team is treated by the local and national media....

Shirt has a closed fist with one finger extended, and the ring perched on that finger. Anyone want to take a guess at which finger? :D

dando
04-25-06, 02:37 PM
OMG, CABRERA HAS A 17 ERA OVER 5 INNINGS PITCHED. HE'S THE WORST PITCHER EVER!!!

Way to be an idiot, and use statistics from this year for guys who are now on the DL. Ever here of a small sample size? Ever consider the fact that maybe their era is high because they were battling through injury?

Miller 2005 era: 1.82. Career era: 2.87
Betancourt 2005 era: 2.79. Career era: 3.21
Cabrera 2005 era: 1.47. That was his first real exposure in the majors.

So please restate your previous statment about how losing these bums isnt a big loss.

Great, so these Ps with < 100 games pitched for their careers, which is the point I made, are the four of the best Ps on the staff, which simply makes them the tallest dwarves. ****, put 'em up on the HoF ballot by your standards. :shakehead Rincon anyone?

CC...fact is he's a #2 SP @ best on most teams. Last time I checked the season runs from April to October. BFG if he was huge in the second half last year. Where did the Tribe end up? Pick up your consolation prize for losing out to the world champs on the way out....

This season will be deja vu all over again for the Tribe. Just like the mid to late 90s. They will hit the crap out of the ball, but pitching will be their achilles. This team looks like a clone of '95 or '97.

BTW, I'm not a Tribe hater, but I am an objective observer.

-Kevin

dando
04-25-06, 02:38 PM
Did he hurt his neck when Nomar went yard? :gomer: :p

Dodgers > 'stros :cool: (@ least for one night anyway)

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-25-06, 03:01 PM
When I have a son, I'm going to blindly flip pennies onto a floor-sized us map. One for each sport. The closest pro team in the specified sport to where the penny landed on the map will then be declared his "favorite team" for that particular sport.

And that will still end up making more sense than you and your allegiances :gomer: :p

Stu
04-25-06, 03:13 PM
Great, so these Ps with < 100 games pitched for their careers, which is the point I made, are the four of the best Ps on the staff,

CC has pitched in 158 games.

Betancourt in 163.

Matt Miller in 90.

Cabrera, virtually a rookie, in 23.

and no, they are not the best pitchers on our staff. They were the middle men of the team, the guys to get between the starter and the closer. Try losing nearly half of the bullpen of any team and see how well the pitching staff does.

Dr. Corkski
04-25-06, 11:15 PM
For everyone's sake I hope the Tribe trade for Barry Zito, so there is one pitcher that everyone can unanimously hate on.

Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown:

Stu
04-26-06, 07:36 AM
Zito would be awesome in the bullpen cuz his manager would never be stupid enough to take him over 100 pitches.

Turbodog
04-26-06, 09:29 AM
Lidge blew another save :shakehead

CART T. Katz
04-26-06, 11:26 AM
you know what's disturbing? the reds are second in the division.

now for all we know, the nl central may be the toughest division in baseball this year, but still...

anyway, yes i know its the marlins, but the cubs are actually showing some, you know, HEART and TOUGHNESS and GRIT lately, all of this without d-lee. we didn't even show that against the few teams we were better than last year. the cubs have a really bad habit of playing to their opponent's level, this is refreshing to see.

i think the wildcard comes out of the central this year and someone with a really good record is going to be left out of the playoffs while the west division winner gets in.

TKGAngel
04-26-06, 12:18 PM
When I have a son, I'm going to blindly flip pennies onto a floor-sized us map. One for each sport. The closest pro team in the specified sport to where the penny landed on the map will then be declared his "favorite team" for that particular sport.

And that will still end up making more sense than you and your allegiances :gomer: :p

I hope you would do the same thing for any daughters you may have.

Sean O'Gorman
04-26-06, 12:31 PM
I just hope they all land in Cleveland. :laugh:

Racing Truth
04-26-06, 01:37 PM
:sigh: More gasoline last night. :shakehead

Ankf00
04-26-06, 02:38 PM
I hope you would do the same thing for any daughters you may have.
what? I'm not going to have my daughters as messed up as Dando's sports atlas!! :p The son can learn to deal, however :D

Stu
04-26-06, 05:39 PM
:sigh: More gasoline last night. :shakehead

whats worse than a bad bullpen?

a bad bullpen that is poorly managed. :thumdown:

Turbodog
04-27-06, 09:57 AM
Scarface came in to close out the 9th. He promptly loaded the bases. With a 27.00 ERA he needs to go :shakehead I was wondering if a 6 run lead was enough

dando
04-27-06, 12:13 PM
Scarface came in to close out the 9th. He promptly loaded the bases. With a 27.00 ERA he needs to go :shakehead I was wondering if a 6 run lead was enough
Y'all tried to choke on another one last night. ;)

Odalis Perez? :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

Turbodog
05-01-06, 10:24 PM
:gomer: <------Astros bullpen :shakehead :cry:

Dr. Corkski
05-02-06, 01:36 AM
Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles sucks.

dando
05-02-06, 05:14 PM
What is up in Cincy?!? :eek:

In other news, the baseball season really started last night now that the Yanks and BoSux finally faced off. :gomer:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
05-02-06, 09:57 PM
Jim Norton quotes on Opie & Anthony today:

E-Rock: there's talk they might trade their top three picks.

Norton: Of course they will! For who???

E-Rock: Some pitcher, either Barry Zito...

Norton: There ya go, Barry Zito sucks my d***!

That f***ing Barry Zito, I cant tell you how awful...I'd rather have Bob Kelly's leg pitching for the yankees than Barry Zito! C***sucker! That's annoying!

I guess Cork finally has company.

dando
05-02-06, 11:30 PM
Odalis Perez sucks! Takes 6-0 lead into the 5th inning, which, of course, ends w/the DBacks up 7-6. :saywhat: :mad: This follows choking on an early season 5-0 lead, and the Dawdgers bullpen blowing up Sunday, losing a 5-0 lead to SD.

NL West...only one team above .500. :laugh: :shakehead

-Kevin

Turbodog
05-03-06, 09:35 AM
Odalis Perez sucks! Takes 6-0 lead into the 5th inning, which, of course, ends tied @ 6. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Look at SD last year :gomer:

Ankf00
05-03-06, 10:40 AM
Jim Norton quotes on Opie & Anthony today

with witty commentary like that, no wonder you're addicted to that show

Sean O'Gorman
05-03-06, 12:30 PM
What the hell do you listen to, Tom Leykis?

Stu
05-03-06, 01:27 PM
Odalis Perez sucks! Takes 6-0 lead into the 5th inning, which, of course, ends w/the DBacks up 7-6. :saywhat: :mad: This follows choking on an early season 5-0 lead, and the Dawdgers bullpen blowing up Sunday, losing a 5-0 lead to SD.

-Kevin

mets + nl central - pirates = only good teams in the NL. for now at least.

Ankf00
05-03-06, 01:42 PM
the central's been ridiculous so far... Cards pwn3d by the Reds :laugh:

dando
05-03-06, 01:53 PM
mets + nl central - pirates = only good teams in the NL. for now at least.
Yer just jealous of the Reds, homey. :p

Hey, nice pickup by the Tribe signing Felix Heredia. That's like setting the gas on fire with a grenade. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
05-03-06, 01:55 PM
the central's been ridiculous so far... Cards pwn3d by the Reds :laugh:
Uh, Stroh's lost 2/3 to the Redz. :gomer:

</HATEBALL>

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-03-06, 02:22 PM
facts are for dweebs :gomer:

dando
05-03-06, 03:01 PM
facts are for dweebs :gomer:

I rest my case. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Stu
05-03-06, 03:25 PM
Yer just jealous of the Reds, homey. :p

Hey, nice pickup by the Tribe signing Felix Heredia. That's like setting the gas on fire with a grenade. :gomer:

-Kevin

did you just rip on the Indians for obtaining a relief pitcher to the minor league roster in Buffalo?

dando
05-03-06, 04:09 PM
did you just rip on the Indians for obtaining a relief pitcher to the minor league roster in Buffalo?
Do you really think they plan to keep him in Buffalo (ala Danny Graves)? Is making a run @ winning the Govenor's Cup that important to the Tribe that they need to sign former MLB Ps? Maybe they are just making plans for when Steve Karsay gets called up... :p

And, yes, I'm ripping the Tribe for signing a POS P, who is every bit as bad, if not worse, than Danny Graves. Must be getting desperate up on the North Shore.

-Kevin

Stu
05-04-06, 08:17 AM
The Tribe signed him in case one of two things happens:

1. 6 bullpen guys go down with injury.

2. He gets his game together and pitches well.

No risk, all sorts of potential reward.

and Danny Graves ERA is 4.26. Not bad for your 7th bullpen guy.

dando
05-04-06, 06:40 PM
The MLB enacted a new rule. All Tribe pitchers are required to bring one of these to the mound each inning:

http://hollandohio.com/fire/firejpgs/exstinguisher.jpg

:gomer:

A similiar rule is being considered for the Dawdgers and Stroh's staffs as well. :)

-Kevin

Stu
05-04-06, 06:49 PM
why no posts about the pitching staff after last nights game?

dando
05-04-06, 06:51 PM
The Tribe signed him in case one of two things happens:

1. 6 bullpen guys go down with injury.

2. He gets his game together and pitches well.

No risk, all sorts of potential reward.

and Danny Graves ERA is 4.26. Not bad for your 7th bullpen guy.
Wow! Graves should be yer closer (he has a better ERA)! In the meantime, Mota has a sterling 6 ERA.

Heredia is a lost cause. Not even Leo 'the human bobblehead' Mazzone could fix that train wreck waiting to happen. :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
05-04-06, 06:55 PM
why no posts about the pitching staff after last nights game?
I'm the anti-Stu....I only post after they done blowed up. :p As opposed to posting in the hoopies thread only after the Cavs won a game. :gomer:

But hey, I'm equal opportunity...I threw my own team under the bus as well. :)

-Kevin

Stu
05-04-06, 07:02 PM
Heredia is a lost cause. Not even Leo 'the human bobblehead' Mazzone could fix that train wreck waiting to happen. :shakehead

-Kevin

THATS WHY HE IS IN THE MINORS!

How many minor leaguers are on the Dodgers that are at best AAAA players that will never make the team. I have never seen anyone complain so much about a guy that will have no negative impact on a team.

Turbodog
05-05-06, 12:10 AM
brooms to the Cards on to Denver :cool:

dando
05-05-06, 11:20 AM
THATS WHY HE IS IN THE MINORS!

How many minor leaguers are on the Dodgers that are at best AAAA players that will never make the team. I have never seen anyone complain so much about a guy that will have no negative impact on a team.
d00d, I just made a comment that signing Heredia was amusing, IMHO, based on the current bullpen woes. Yer the one that defended the move, and continued the discussion. IMHO, any hopes of getting this POS w/a career ~4.50 ERA to be useful @ the major league level is foolish and a waste of a few hundred $K. He's had one decent season <4 ERA, and got busted for roids last season. Even the roids didn't help. :laugh:

re: the Dodgers, worst move they've made recently with a pitching reclamation project was Scotty F. Erickson, who blew up on a regular basis for a few weeks last season. He was a waste of time and money, and a turd I smelled from the outset. They currently have Aaron Sele on the Las Vegas roster, who is probably as bad as Heredia, but infinitely better than Odalis F. Perez on the Dodgers current roster.

-Kevin

Turbodog
05-06-06, 12:31 PM
Damn Lidge :shakehead Wheeler is an idiot

Turbodog
05-07-06, 07:16 PM
:cry:

Ankf00
05-07-06, 11:45 PM
this bullpen == the sux.

dando
05-09-06, 11:00 PM
Danny F. Graves. :laugh:

KC @ 8-22 w/50% of their wins vs. the Tribe? :saywhat:

Bring on Felix. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-09-06, 11:28 PM
Texas Rangers baseball: get swept by the Yanks b/c you SUCK BALLS... then whine about how they cheat & get all the calls :gomer:

I mean, getting swept couldn't have anything to do with the fact you rely on 3 run home runs for your entire offense, could it? naaaaaaa

chop456
05-10-06, 01:44 AM
How 'bout them Cubs? :p

Stu
05-10-06, 07:55 AM
KC @ 8-22 w/50% of their wins vs. the Tribe? :saywhat:

-Kevin

Royals are 9-22.

4 of their wins are against the Tribe. 3 are against the White Sox. 2 are against the Twins.

Stu
05-10-06, 07:56 AM
Texas Rangers baseball: get swept by the Yanks b/c you SUCK BALLS... then whine about how they cheat & get all the calls :gomer:

I mean, getting swept couldn't have anything to do with the fact you rely on 3 run home runs for your entire offense, could it? naaaaaaa

Or giving up 9 earned runs in 1.1 innings from your ace.

Ankf00
05-10-06, 09:54 AM
Or giving up 9 earned runs in 1.1 innings from your ace.

Come home from work, 1 out into the 2nd inning, down 9 runs, announcers are talking about mercy rule... I turned the dial to retarded local news :gomer:

rabbit
05-10-06, 10:50 AM
There was no risk and all sorts of potential reward in signing him.
No risk, all sorts of potential reward. So exactly how many leads does he have to blow before it becomes "risky" to put him in the game? :laugh:

Crikey, there hasn't been a major league pitcher get this many second chances since Steve Howe (RIP). :eek:

Stu
05-10-06, 11:16 AM
So exactly how many leads does he have to blow before it becomes "risky" to put him in the game? :laugh:

Crikey, there hasn't been a major league pitcher get this many second chances since Steve Howe (RIP). :eek:

who are you referring to? one quote was about Graves, one was about Heredia.

Stu
05-10-06, 05:20 PM
Royals are 9-22.

4 of their wins are against the Tribe. 3 are against the White Sox. 2 are against the Twins.

Hahahahahahaha.

Now 1/2 their wins are against the Tribe.

Gangrel
05-10-06, 05:56 PM
What? You guys haven't given up yet? Come on now...just give us the trophy again right now and we promise not to lay such a nasty smackdown on y'all like we did last year...

Go Go White Sox! :D

Gangrel
05-10-06, 05:59 PM
Royals are 9-22.

Quite true....KC seems to have the problem that the only teams they can beat are the really really good ones. Not a bad problem to have if you can actually make the playoffs. Fortunately, most of the games they play are against teams that suck, so their record should be well below .500 this year. :D

Stu
05-10-06, 06:48 PM
What? You guys haven't given up yet? Come on now...just give us the trophy again right now and we promise not to lay such a nasty smackdown on y'all like we did last year...

Go Go White Sox! :D

of course I'm not giving up. our record was worse last year! and your record is worse this year than it was last!

we got you right where we want you. :p

dando
05-10-06, 07:49 PM
Royals are 9-22.

I was counting today. :gomer: ;) I actually meant to ~ the 50%. My bad.

Y'all should stop picking up former Dodgers pitchers. :D Mota done blowed up today. :gomer:

-Kevin

Stu
05-10-06, 07:58 PM
hey Rick White steadied our Bullpen in 2004. He was from the Dodgers.

Turbodog
05-11-06, 12:10 AM
This is the road trip from hell :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
05-12-06, 02:57 AM
Thank you Ted Lilly for reminding Billy Beane of his worst mistake and the worst ever made in the history of baseball when he traded his best pitcher for a carrot top impersonator, and worst yet, kept Barry Zito. :thumdown:

Ted Lilly :thumbup:
2006 salary: $4 million
All-Star
Has more than 1 pitch
Can actually pitch more than 6 innings in a game
Dominant in big games

Barry Zito :thumdown:
2006 salary: $7.9 million more than he deserves
Sucks
Overrated curveball and a fastball slower than most change-ups
Racks up 100 pitches by the 4th inning
Completely useless in big games
Probably sucks at life too

Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown:

Turbodog
05-12-06, 01:15 PM
Say it again :p

Stu
05-12-06, 10:29 PM
Graves designated for assignment. Carmona called up to be in the bullpen. Although I get the feeling Carmona is only here until Betancourt returns from the DL.

Dr. Corkski
05-13-06, 03:26 PM
Barry Zito sucks.