05-13-06, 10:44 PM
I dont get it :confused:

Sean O'Gorman
05-13-06, 11:19 PM
Assigned to clean toilets, dope.

Stu
05-14-06, 09:34 AM
Assigned to clean toilets, dope.

yea, but graves isnt a retarded punk rocker.

Sean O'Gorman
05-14-06, 10:14 AM
You try finding a pic of a guy with Graves' haircut. :laugh:

Gangrel
05-15-06, 11:39 AM
Buhrele give up 7 runs in first inning, then flips the light switch off for the next 5 innings while the Sox offense takes over. Second pitcher in the majors and first in the AL to give up a 7 run first and still win the game. Tripple play turned. What more do we need in a game? :D :D

chop456
05-15-06, 11:51 AM
What more do we need in a game?

Did the Cubs lose? :D

tllips
05-15-06, 12:19 PM
Buhrele give up 7 runs in first inning, then flips the light switch off for the next 5 innings while the Sox offense takes over. Second pitcher in the majors and first in the AL to give up a 7 run first and still win the game. Tripple play turned. What more do we need in a game? :D :D

Plus, his ERA actually went down in the game! :saywhat:

All seven runs were after his throwing error. A comebacker to the mound that should have been a double play and he throws it into Center Field. Then Uribe botches another double play opportunity and the wheels fell off for the inning.

Dr. Corkski
05-15-06, 03:19 PM
Dan Haren: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry Zito: :thumdown:

Gangrel
05-15-06, 03:19 PM
Did the Cubs lose? :D

You betcha'! Even the pink bats couldn't save 'em... :cool:

Gangrel
05-15-06, 03:20 PM
Plus, his ERA actually went down in the game! :saywhat:

All seven runs were after his throwing error. A comebacker to the mound that should have been a double play and he throws it into Center Field. Then Uribe botches another double play opportunity and the wheels fell off for the inning.

Yep...wheels came off, and just like any good month of May story, they pitted, put the wheels back on, went back out there, made up three laps, and still came away with the win! :D

dando
05-15-06, 10:19 PM
Good news Tribe fans....ppd against the Royals means they can't lose. :gomer: :shakehead

Bring up Felix, bring up Felix! :gomer:

-Kevin

Turbodog
05-18-06, 10:34 PM
We now suck :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
05-20-06, 01:10 AM
Dan Haren. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry Zito sucks, but not as much as the Seattle Mariners.

Stu
05-20-06, 02:41 PM
Michael Barrett is amazing!

Dr. Corkski
05-23-06, 12:31 AM
Barry Zito's inability to pitch more innings than a little league pitcher has once again forced the A's to overwork their bullpen and cost them yet another win. Players named Barry have no place in baseball these days.

Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown:

Stu
05-24-06, 10:02 AM
Mota sucks too. He's the only bullpen guy still here that doesn't belong.

The Indians are 2 moves away from being back on track.

Al Czervik
05-24-06, 07:29 PM
How in the name of all that is good and holy does Dusty Baker still have a job?

chop456
05-25-06, 02:19 AM
Dear Corkski,

http://www.seasite.niu.edu/thaidict/thailex1/picture/sweep.jpg

Sincerely,

Me

IlliniRacer
05-25-06, 07:23 AM
How in the name of all that is good and holy does Dusty Baker still have a job?

:shakehead It's sad, very sad. Is in football season yet?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3867/801/1600/dusty_dice.jpg

Gangrel
05-25-06, 10:44 AM
1. First time White Sox have swept a series against the A's since 1987. That's including last year, folks! Woo-hoo!

2. First time White Sox have sold out an entire homestand in club history! Word has finally gotten around. Ozzie Guillen during the playoffs last year: "We'll see who owns this town now." :D

3. It's the Michael Barret suspension pool! Make your pick now for how many games get handed down to the guy contending for the Most Unclassy Move by a Catcher award.

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-06, 10:57 AM
Make your pick now for how many games get handed down to the guy contending for the Most Unclassy Move by a Catcher award.

You think Pierzynski will get suspended too?

tllips
05-25-06, 11:37 AM

For what? Hitting Barret's fist with his face?

Stu
05-25-06, 11:41 AM
For what? Hitting Barret's fist with his face?

either for:

a. deserving the punch. not because of the play, just because he is a jerk.

or

b. running away from a fight.

tllips
05-25-06, 11:45 AM
either for:

a. deserving the punch. not because of the play, just because he is a jerk.

or

b. running away from a fight.

a. Being a jerk is not a suspendable offense. Barry Bonds would never had hit so many HR's if you could be suspended. Joey Bell also would never have played a full season.

b. He was trying to stay in the game. It was considered a big one in Chi-Town. He didn't do anything to get himself thrown out of the game, let alone suspended. Barret and Dusty both admitted it was a clean play and Barret just lost his head.

Gangrel
05-25-06, 11:51 AM

Hmmm...let's think about this....Barret blocks the plate. Ball is no where around. In fact, as AJ is mowing Barret down at the plate, the ball hits AJ in the posterior. So now you think AJ should get suspended for steamrolling a catcher who was trying to gain an unfair advantage? Let me guess. You would have preferred AJ try to slide in feet first and break his ankle when he hit Barret's shinguard. :gomer:

The answer to your question is absolutely not. There is no reason whatsoever AJ should take a suspension. He rolled over a cheating catcher, then slapped the plate, and while he was running for the dugout, said catcher grabbed him and coldcocked him. You tell me who deserves the suspension.

Sean O'Gorman
05-25-06, 11:54 AM
You tell me who deserves the suspension.

A.J., for reasons listed here: http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=151487&postcount=224

Gangrel
05-25-06, 12:02 PM
A.J., for reasons listed here: http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=151487&postcount=224

As I said.... :gomer:

Ankf00
05-25-06, 12:40 PM
The answer to your question is absolutely not. There is no reason whatsoever AJ should take a suspension. He rolled over a cheating catcher, then slapped the plate, and while he was running for the dugout, said catcher grabbed him and coldcocked him. You tell me who deserves the suspension.

dude, the series is over, you can drop the "the world is against us" coolhand approach ;)

Gangrel
05-25-06, 01:31 PM
dude, the series is over, you can drop the "the world is against us" coolhand approach ;)

Not a "world is against us" approach....just kind of a "your catcher is a scumbag" approach. :D

Stu
05-25-06, 01:59 PM
a. Being a jerk is not a suspendable offense. Barry Bonds would never had hit so many HR's if you could be suspended. Joey Bell also would never have played a full season.

b. He was trying to stay in the game. It was considered a big one in Chi-Town. He didn't do anything to get himself thrown out of the game, let alone suspended. Barret and Dusty both admitted it was a clean play and Barret just lost his head.

:shakehead

Thank you for pointing out that being a jerk is not a suspendable offense.

and I am sorry, but if someone punches you, you take them down. He ran away like a little whimp and then tried to pump up the crowd.

Gangrel and Tulips, we all know it was a clean play by AJ. Chillax. We saw the play, many many times. It was awesome. I loved every minute of that punk taking one to the face.

Gangrel
05-25-06, 02:09 PM
:shakehead

Thank you for pointing out that being a jerk is not a suspendable offense.

and I am sorry, but if someone punches you, you take them down. He ran away like a little whimp and then tried to pump up the crowd.

Gangrel and Tulips, we all know it was a clean play by AJ. Chillax. We saw the play, many many times. It was awesome. I loved every minute of that punk taking one to the face.

sorry....just enjoying the opportunity to point out repeatedly that this city no longer belongs to the lovable losers. :D

Stu
05-25-06, 03:17 PM
sorry....just enjoying the opportunity to point out repeatedly that this city no longer belongs to the lovable losers. :D

Really?

Cubs average attendance for 2006: 39,223

White Sox average attendance for 2006: 34,110

Gangrel
05-25-06, 03:29 PM
Really?

Cubs average attendance for 2006: 39,223

White Sox average attendance for 2006: 34,110

All that tells me is that there are more drunks in this city than baseball fans. :p

Ankf00
05-25-06, 03:39 PM
Cubs always have been, and always will be the big story around town. Fighting it is just being aggy.

It's the same way the NYR are always going to trump the Devils. 3 cups in 10 years and the Devs still can't sell out, and the NYR get all the media & TV broadcasts despite going on a 8 or something year playoff drought, such is life...

Regardless, "scoreboard" is all we need ;)

Dr. Corkski
05-25-06, 03:43 PM
http://orlybaseball.ytmnd.com/

Gangrel
05-25-06, 04:00 PM
Ank - I know change is difficult for you to accept, but Chicago is quickly becoming a south side town. You'll just have to adjust. :D

Cork - LMFAO

devilmaster
05-25-06, 04:34 PM
*singing*

'Do they still play the blues in Chicago?
When baseball season rolls around.
When the snow melts away,
do the Cubbies still play
in their ivy covered burial ground?'

devilmaster
05-25-06, 04:37 PM
Ya know this whole Tigers in first place thing has a good side/bad side to it....

I usually enjoyed the quietness of our section where we have our quarter season tix.

But on the good side, now the beer concession closest to our section actually opens and more walking beer vendors come by..... I can get used to that. :D

Gangrel
05-25-06, 05:22 PM
Ya know this whole Tigers in first place thing has a good side/bad side to it....

I usually enjoyed the quietness of our section where we have our quarter season tix.

But on the good side, now the beer concession closest to our section actually opens and more walking beer vendors come by..... I can get used to that. :D

Believe it or not, I am happy the Tigers are playing this well, too. '83, the Sox walked away with the division, but they seemed like they were just plain rusty by the time they got to the playoffs, and they fell flat. Same is true of '93, and 2K. Last year, the Sox dominated the season, but Cleveland kept it interesting for them right up to the last week of the season, and when they hit the playoffs, there was no turning back. I don't think this was a coincidence...and if the Tigers want to keep it interesting for the Sox this season, well, that's fine by me. :D

IlliniRacer
05-25-06, 05:38 PM
*singing*

'Do they still play the blues in Chicago?
When baseball season rolls around.
When the snow melts away,
do the Cubbies still play
in their ivy covered burial ground?'

'When I was boy,
They were my pride and joy.
Now they only bring fatigue.
To the land of the brave, the home of the free,
and the dormat of the National League.'

Thanks man!!! A little Steve Goodman helps everyone.

Gangrel
05-25-06, 05:45 PM
Greg...woo....Maddux....woo....water....woo....coo ler....woo....Mike...woo...Barret...woo....
...blocking....woo....plate....woo...

:D

Gangrel
05-26-06, 03:15 PM
10 games and a fine for Barrett and a fine. Very good decision.

5 games and a fine for Anderson and a fine. That's fair enough. He had no business going in there.

2 games and a fine for Cora. Definately fair, especially if the largely unfounded rumors that he was ankle biting turned out to be true. Still, shouldn't have been there.

No suspension, undisclosed fine for AJ. This part I don't get. Bravo for not handing down a suspension, but what did he do that even deserved a fine? He mowed down a catcher that was blocking the plate, made a point of tagging home, then blocked a punch from the catcher with his face. Until his teammates came into the fray, this was a pretty one-sided incident. Boo.

devilmaster
05-26-06, 04:07 PM
at the very least AJ should buy dinner for Podsednick..... he was the guy who jumped in to protect AJ and got his ass whupped by Barrett.... :D

Ankf00
05-26-06, 04:34 PM
it's called the "you're being fined for being the biggest douche around" fine ;)

Stu
05-26-06, 05:10 PM
No suspension, undisclosed fine for AJ. This part I don't get. Bravo for not handing down a suspension, but what did he do that even deserved a fine? He mowed down a catcher that was blocking the plate, made a point of tagging home, then blocked a punch from the catcher with his face. Until his teammates came into the fray, this was a pretty one-sided incident. Boo.

AJ said on the Dan Patrick show today that he was fined $2,000 for exciting the crowd after the fight. He said he didn't understand why and thought it was way too much.

Of course, $2,000 for a guy making $4,000,000 is the equivelant of a $20 parking ticket to someone making $40,000 per year, so I don't know what he is complaining about.

Gangrel
05-26-06, 07:54 PM
it's called the "you're being fined for being the biggest douche around" fine ;)

Yep. The biggest douche every team in the league wishes they had.

So, what was your fine for being the biggest douche on the board? :gomer:

Stu
05-26-06, 08:05 PM

Why?

He's the 3rd best catcher in his own division.

Gangrel
05-26-06, 08:14 PM
Why?

He's the 3rd best catcher in his own division.

Yep...and he had absolutely no impact on the outcome of the playoffs last year. :rolleyes:

AJ never needs to pay for another drink or meal so long as he stays in this town.

Ankf00
05-26-06, 09:12 PM

So, what was your fine for being the biggest douche on the board? :gomer:

Actually, most teams are glad they don't have him. It's kind of like the Bonds factor, the only people who want him are the Giants :gomer:

But, don't let that stop your "the world's against us" campaign, after all Chicago needs its local aggys too ;)

(funny how Barrett is a cheater in your eyes for blocking the plate, but Douchebag was just 'doing what every catcher is taught to do since Little League' for that BS tag in last year's ALDS)

Ankf00
05-26-06, 09:30 PM
oh yes, and I would also like to take this moment to thank the Astros for sucking during the month of May :)

Dr. Corkski
05-26-06, 09:35 PM
They give AJ free drinks because that's probably the only way to get him to STFU.

The Cubs may suck for eternity for all I care, but at least their fans remain loyal. As soon as the ChiSox stop winning, Chicago will rejoin the rest of the world in not giving a rat's ass about them.

Gangrel
05-27-06, 10:51 AM
Actually, most teams are glad they don't have him. It's kind of like the Bonds factor, the only people who want him are the Giants :gomer:

But, don't let that stop your "the world's against us" campaign, after all Chicago needs its local aggys too ;)

(funny how Barrett is a cheater in your eyes for blocking the plate, but Douchebag was just 'doing what every catcher is taught to do since Little League' for that BS tag in last year's ALDS)

Third strike comes near the ground, tag the hitter. Pretty routine move. Why can't you accept that?

Block the plate without the ball, get mowed over by runner, coldcock the runner as he makes his way to the dugout. I must have missed that one in little league. :gomer:

Gangrel
05-27-06, 10:56 AM
They give AJ free drinks because that's probably the only way to get him to STFU.

The Cubs may suck for eternity for all I care, but at least their fans remain loyal. As soon as the ChiSox stop winning, Chicago will rejoin the rest of the world in not giving a rat's ass about them.

Hmmm...not the right words to say to someone who has spent all of his 32 years as a White Sox fan, and buried his 80 year old father last year, who spent the last 80 years as a White Sox fan. There's a lot of fair weather fans of any team in this town. Just ask the Bulls. But Cub fans are a whole different breed, mainly because what happens on the field don't really matter to them. And when I say that, I don't mean they have a die-hard loyalty to their team win or lose, I simply mean what happens on the field don't matter to them. It's secondary. That's how the team manages to suck year in and year out and still draw numbers. Wrigley is an enormous tavern with a big courtyard in the middle where occasionally there is a pickup baseball game going on. Try not to confuse this for loyalty.

Ankf00
05-27-06, 11:02 AM
Third strike comes near the ground, tag the hitter. Pretty routine move. Why can't you accept that?

Block the plate without the ball, get mowed over by runner, coldcock the runner as he makes his way to the dugout. I must have missed that one in little league. :gomer:

accept what? I've never GAF, you're the one thinking the world's conspiring against the chisox b/c of that play :laugh:

yea, who ever heard of a catcher blocking the plate... :gomer:

Gangrel
05-27-06, 11:27 AM
accept what? I've never GAF, you're the one thinking the world's conspiring against the chisox b/c of that play :laugh:

yea, who ever heard of a catcher blocking the plate... :gomer:

Yep...AJ blocked the plate too. And he got knocked flat on his a** when he did. And you know what else? He didn't get up and coldcock the guy after it happened. In fact, as I recall, he said later it was exactly what he deserved.

For someone who don't GAF, you sure seem to like bringing it up a lot... :rolleyes:

Ankf00
05-27-06, 11:31 AM
na, it's just fun to watch you flip out :)

but by all means, continue wearing that championship tshirt with the middle finger because all the world supposedly hates the chisox, it's a nice touch :laugh:

Stu
05-27-06, 11:31 AM
Hmmm...not the right words to say to someone who has spent all of his 32 years as a White Sox fan, and buried his 80 year old father last year, who spent the last 80 years as a White Sox fan.

I don't think Cork was talking about you or your 80 year old father (sorry for the loss btw).

I think he was referring to the fact that you said Chicago was now becoming a White Sox town. Well the only way that could be happening is if people are jumping on the bandwagon. NOT because you have loyal fans throughout your city.

Gangrel
05-27-06, 11:44 AM
I don't think Cork was talking about you or your 80 year old father (sorry for the loss btw).

I think he was referring to the fact that you said Chicago was now becoming a White Sox town. Well the only way that could be happening is if people are jumping on the bandwagon. NOT because you have loyal fans throughout your city.

And you missed my point. Fans in this town aren't loyal to anyone. As I said, ask the Bulls. The majority of the people going to Wrigley are only marginally aware that there is a ball game going on. How else could Tribune corp put such a crappy product on the field year in and year out, and still keep selling seats. Wrigley is where northsiders go to work on their tan and drink themselves silly. Has very little to do with loyalty.

Stu
05-27-06, 11:56 AM
Wrigley is where northsiders go to work on their tan and drink themselves silly. Has very little to do with loyalty.

If you are gonna generalize all Cubs fans as saying they go get drunk and tan, then what is Comiskey for? Working on street fighting skills?

Gangrel
05-27-06, 12:02 PM
If you are gonna generalize all Cubs fans as saying they go get drunk and tan, then what is Comiskey for? Working on street fighting skills?

That would be Wrigley again, considering an incident I recall recently near the bullpen...

Ankf00
05-27-06, 12:05 PM
so this is how someone gets when they know they're permanently going to be playing 2nd fiddle to one of the most recognized franchises in professional sports

:gomer:

Stu
05-27-06, 01:21 PM
That would be Wrigley again, considering an incident I recall recently near the bullpen...

My 2 favorite quotes by Indians broadcasters:

Night game in Chicago

Hamilton - "Well folks, another fight has broken out in the stands. Boy I'll tell you what, if you go to a White Sox game, and don't partake in a fight, or at least see a fight, you didn't get your monies worth."

Spring training game

Hamilton - "I am really impressed with all the giveaways the White Sox are doing, replica trophies, replica World Series rings.."

Underwood - "When's brass knuckles night?"

Dr. Corkski
05-27-06, 01:26 PM
I heard disco demolition night was a big hit at Comiskey. :laugh:

Gangrel
05-27-06, 01:38 PM
so this is how someone gets when they know they're permanently going to be playing 2nd fiddle to one of the most recognized franchises in professional sports

Proving once again that being good is not a prerequisite for being recognized...so which would you rather your team be? :gomer:

Gangrel
05-27-06, 01:39 PM
I heard disco demolition night was a big hit at Comiskey. :laugh:

Steve Dahl is the man! Even if he did get himself banned from Sox games for over a decade. They invited him back for the last game in the old park, and you would be hard pressed to find a bigger Sox fan in this city. :cool:

Ankf00
05-27-06, 02:07 PM
"The Chicago White Sox, showing father and son how to be true baseball fans since 1901"

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/mlb/2002/0919/photo/a_attack_i.jpg

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/gallery/2002/0920/fight/gallery10.jpg

or, "Comisky Park. Where the umpires are fair game"

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/mlb/2003/0415/photo/a_fan2_i.jpg

Gangrel
05-27-06, 08:31 PM
"The Chicago White Sox, showing father and son how to be true baseball fans since 1901"

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/mlb/2002/0919/photo/a_attack_i.jpg

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/gallery/2002/0920/fight/gallery10.jpg

or, "Comisky Park. Where the umpires are fair game"

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/mlb/2003/0415/photo/a_fan2_i.jpg

Ank = Bucky

Ankf00
05-27-06, 10:40 PM
so you're saying they ARE the "true fans" that constitute the chisox fanbase? gotcha :laugh:

Gangrel
05-28-06, 08:11 AM
so you're saying they ARE the "true fans" that constitute the chisox fanbase? gotcha :laugh:

Whatever you say Ank. Your drivel is tiresome.

Ankf00
05-28-06, 11:43 AM
whatever you say Extreme Baseball Super Fan #1 :)

Dr. Corkski
05-28-06, 12:43 PM
whatever you say Extreme Baseball Super Fan #1 :)How dare you not worship the 2nd most popular baseball team in Chicago. :gomer:

Gangrel
05-28-06, 02:13 PM
How dare you not worship the 2nd most popular baseball team in Chicago. :gomer:

You know...you're right...I will go down to Wrigley Field tomorrow to check out the world series tro....oh, wait....they don't have one. :D

chop456
05-28-06, 03:48 PM
My 2 favorite quotes by Indians broadcasters:

Night game in Chicago

Hamilton - "Well folks, another fight has broken out in the stands. Boy I'll tell you what, if you go to a White Sox game, and don't partake in a fight, or at least see a fight, you didn't get your monies worth."

Spring training game

Hamilton - "I am really impressed with all the giveaways the White Sox are doing, replica trophies, replica World Series rings.."

Underwood - "When's brass knuckles night?"

Where's the "Our releif pitcher is a rapist" quote? You seem to have left that out.

Stu
05-28-06, 04:59 PM
Where's the "Our releif pitcher is a rapist" quote? You seem to have left that out.

Not familiar with that one.

Turbodog
05-28-06, 08:06 PM
fook Gallo

Stu
05-30-06, 02:00 PM
http://www.newsnet5.com/slideshow/sports/9292339/detail.html (http://)

SHEFFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio -- Indians relief pitcher Scott Sauerbeck was arrested early Tuesday in Sheffield Village, police said.

Officers said they followed a 1966 Lincoln Continental that was being driven erratically northbound on Abby Road at about 3:45 a.m., when they noticed the passenger and driver pull into a driveway and flee on foot behind a home.

Police found Sauerbeck, 34, and Lily Miller, 28, hiding in the bushes. They were both arrested.

He was charged with obstructing official business and wrongful entrustment. That means he gave his keys to someone who had too much to drink.

Police said Miller's blood-alcohol content was 2.53. She was charged with obstructing official business and DUI.

He has a wife and two children in West Bradenton, Fla.

Ankf00
05-30-06, 02:04 PM
2.53 or .253? You'd be dead 5 times over by the time you reached 2.53 BAC

Stu
05-30-06, 02:38 PM
2.53 or .253? You'd be dead 5 times over by the time you reached 2.53 BAC

Maybe they were going for a BAC level near his ERA. Little less than halfway there. :thumbup:

Tony George
05-31-06, 12:39 PM
oh yes, and I would also like to take this moment to thank the Astros for sucking during the month of May :)

Looks like June could be better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2464315

Ankf00
05-31-06, 12:49 PM
Clemens won't fix the bullpen or the shaky lineup :(

but w00t. :thumbup:

Stu
05-31-06, 01:03 PM

you mean Preston Wilson's .686 OPS isn't cutting it? :rofl:

Gangrel
05-31-06, 02:58 PM
Rocket's back.

I wish him the best of luck and will be pulling for him all season....right up until he pitches some batting practice for the White Sox in the '06 series. :D

IlliniRacer
05-31-06, 04:20 PM
Looks like June could be better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2464315

And the Small Bears counter. . . with Phil :confused: Nevin :saywhat: . Yep, that'll solve EVERYTHING :shakehead

Gangrel
05-31-06, 05:37 PM
And the Small Bears counter. . . with Phil :confused: Nevin :saywhat: . Yep, that'll solve EVERYTHING :shakehead

No, no, no...you're doing it wrong...it's supposed to be....

Woo....Phil....woo...Nevin...woo....

:D

Turbodog
05-31-06, 07:02 PM

but w00t. :thumbup:

Gallo did it again :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
07-04-06, 09:18 PM
:laugh:

dando
07-05-06, 08:41 AM
:laugh:
No worries. For every game like last night, six-pack and a bag of donuts will explode in the 9th like he did last Saturday. The Tribe is consistently inconsistent this season.

-Kevin

Gangrel
07-05-06, 09:06 AM
You guys still somehow convinced that the season isn't going to be had by a team from either the south side of Chicago or Detroit? Denial. :D

*cringe* Detroit. Man, that was hard to say....

dando
07-05-06, 09:14 AM
You guys still somehow convinced that the season isn't going to be had by a team from either the south side of Chicago or Detroit? Denial. :D

*cringe* Detroit. Man, that was hard to say....
Detroit will fold. Mike & Mike are talking about how 50% of the teams in first place on July 4th don't win the division. I'm picking Mets, Sox, A's as the teams currently in 1st to win their division. Oh, and Barry Zito will of course win the Cy Young in the AL. :D :p

I'll further go out on a limb and pick the Dodgers (homer call, tallest dwarf wins the NL West) 'Strohs, and ChiSox to win the other divisions.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
07-05-06, 09:41 AM
Barry Zito sucks.

TKGAngel
07-05-06, 12:26 PM
It was beautiful to see the Yanks get their arses handed to them by the Indians. You know its going to be a long game when the 5th inning lasts 27 minutes.

BTW, who or what with the Indians is a Pronk?

Ankf00
07-05-06, 12:52 PM
I'll further go out on a limb and pick the ... 'Strohs... to win the other divisions.

-Kevin

:eek: :saywhat: I guess we'll find out :)

dando
07-05-06, 02:31 PM
:eek: :saywhat: I guess we'll find out :)
IMO, the Redz are due for a fall, the Cards have issues, and the 'Stroh's still have 11 against the cards...including 4 @ home this week (the Cards have a losing record on the road), and 4 more @ home in Sept. We'll see.

-Kevin

dando
07-05-06, 02:32 PM
Tribe: 19
Yankees: 1
Tying for the second worst loss by the Yankees on the Boss' birthday: pricele$$.

:D :laugh: :cool: :)

-Kevin

Napoleon
07-05-06, 08:09 PM

That is Travis Hafner's nickname (I don't know how he got it).

Sean O'Gorman
07-05-06, 08:15 PM
My brother said its because he is half Puerto Rican, and half donkey.

dando
07-05-06, 10:12 PM

The other other white meat. :)

This might help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Hafner

:-)

-Kevin

Gangrel
07-06-06, 02:51 PM
Detroit will fold. Mike & Mike are talking about how 50% of the teams in first place on July 4th don't win the division. I'm picking Mets, Sox, A's as the teams currently in 1st to win their division. Oh, and Barry Zito will of course win the Cy Young in the AL. :D :p

I'll further go out on a limb and pick the Dodgers (homer call, tallest dwarf wins the NL West) 'Strohs, and ChiSox to win the other divisions.

-Kevin

Detroit will fold enough for the Chisox to take division. I ain't about to start counting them out of the wild card just yet...and the way they have been streaking, who knows what they could do once October comes along... *cringe*

Ozzie is hellbent on repeating this year, though, and I don't think anything is going to get in the way of that freight train...

oh....and Strohs? Come on, man...you're starting to talk like a Houston version of a Cubs fan now. :D

Dr. Corkski
07-06-06, 07:36 PM
So the best pitcher and hitter in the AL won't even get to play in the All-Star Game, not because they are injured, but because Ozzie ******* Guillen wants to bring his entire team with him.

Ozzie Guillen = The Tony George of baseball. :thumdown: