PDA

View Full Version : Play Ball 2006 Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Gangrel
07-07-06, 08:24 AM
So the best pitcher and hitter in the AL won't even get to play in the All-Star Game, not because they are injured, but because Ozzie ******* Guillen wants to bring his entire team with him.

Ozzie Guillen = The Tony George of baseball. :thumdown:

Recheck your facts. Ozzie picked three of his players on the roster. The rest were picked by player voting, and last player voting by the fans.

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-soxnotes0704.artjul04,0,5819005.story?coll=hc-headlines-sports

But it's not like Joe Torre has made the same kind of decisions when he was there or anything.... :rolleyes:

Let me know when you're done demonizing the AL Manager of the Year.

Ankf00
07-07-06, 09:22 AM
Here's a hanky... Might want to wipe some of that Ozziegoo off your chin. ;)

Gangrel
07-07-06, 09:57 AM
Here's a hanky... Might want to wipe some of that Ozziegoo off your chin. ;)

That's right, Ank...let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story... :shakehead

Ankf00
07-07-06, 10:23 AM
That's right, Ank...let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story... :shakehead
have anything to back yourself up other than anecdote?

but, hey, I understand the defensive man-love, Ozzie is perfect fit for the south side, home to field charging thugs the world 'round...

Gangrel
07-07-06, 10:29 AM
have anything to back yourself up other than anecdote?

but, hey, I understand the defensive man-love, Ozzie is perfect fit for the south side, home to field charging thugs the world 'round...

Apparently not much into reading linkies, eh? :saywhat:

But once again, for the link impaired....

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-so...eadlines-sports

Ankf00
07-07-06, 10:38 AM
I read the link. Joe Crede...

then there's
But it's not like Joe Torre has made the same kind of decisions when he was there or anything
and there's the matter of Francona last year realizing Colon was the proper call

providing evidence against your argument in a link is generally not the proper way to go about debating ;)

devilmaster
07-07-06, 10:44 AM
Hate the game. The all-star game hasn't had anything to do with all stars for years.......

And save this post - because if the Tigers can do the unthinkable, pull off a WS win this year, you'll probably see 5 or 6 on the all-star roster next year with Leyland as manager, and I'll still hate the all-star game.

I can't think of any league, or any sport, where the all-star game truly is an all star game or it truly matters.

Ankf00
07-07-06, 10:57 AM
And save this post - because if the Tigers can do the unthinkable, pull off a WS win this year, you'll probably see 5 or 6 on the all-star roster next year with Leyland as manager, and I'll still hate the all-star game. don't they handicap the canucklehead all-star votes to 50% value or something? ;)

devilmaster
07-07-06, 10:59 AM
don't they handicap the canucklehead all-star votes to 50% value or something? ;)

sorta, but instead of 1000 internet votes, we're allowed 1134 online votes - so it all evens out. ;)

Gangrel
07-07-06, 11:00 AM
I read the link. Joe Crede...

then there's
and there's the matter of Francona last year realizing Colon was the proper call

providing evidence against your argument in a link is generally not the proper way to go about debating ;)

Ok...let's try this one...

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=204696

[quote:]According to Major League Baseball, Guillen picked the Sox’ Paul Konerko, Mark Buehrle and Bobby Jenks, Cleveland’s Grady Sizemore, Baltimore’s Miguel Tejada, Oakland’s Barry Zito and Kansas City’s Mark Redman.[/quoote]

Let's see....source is MLB....Paulie, Buehrle, and Smokin' Bobby. That would be three out of a total of 7....

Anyone who has seen the differential between Bobby's 100 mph fastball and his 84 mph hook should have no question that the kid deserves a spot in the bullpen.

Paulie...are you really trying to say the guy don't belong? :saywhat:

Buehrle...the shakiest of Ozzie's 3 picks, but still solid as the #2 man in the Sox pitching rotation, and still better than most #1 pitchers in the league.

The fans put the guy you described as "the fourth best catcher in his own division" on as the final roster pick, so regardless of what you think of him, don't blame Ozzie. The rest of the White Sox picks came from player balloting, and Ozzie has already stated that when Ramirez confirms he isn't going to the game, his phone call is going to Detroit for Mags. So, as much as it pains me to say it, Crede isn't getting the much deserved call here.

Gangrel
07-07-06, 11:13 AM
As for my comment on Torre, look back at the 2001 All-Star game. This article has some of Joe Buck's views on the "Festival of Favoritism."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/allstar/30271_leve06.shtml

7 Yanks named to the game by the manager. Ozzie had 7 picks and named 3.

Tim McCarver described this as one of the perks of winning a world championship.

Also note that pitchers and 1st backup players for each position are currently selected by player voting. This was effective in 2005. Torre, therefore picked seven Yanks without any "assistance" from player voting.

Need some info on how the selection process works? Here you go...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_All-Star_Game

;)

Dr. Corkski
07-07-06, 11:44 AM
Douchezynski only got in because he is a media-whoring douche in a big market. He was easily the weakest of the five final vote players. That was obvious when Pudge Rodriguez got more votes than Joe Mauer.

There is no way even the most retarded ChiSox homer here can defend Buerhle over Liriano.

So let's see, Guillen makes a mockery of the sport's biggest summer event because of an ego trip. Sounds exactly like something Tony George did. :gomer:

Ozzie Guillen needs to be permanently banned from baseball. He has already done more damage to the game than Pete Rose. :thumdown:

Ankf00
07-07-06, 12:44 PM
hate to break it to you Gangrel, but just b/c they're your team and they won a title it doesn't mean it's a roster of 25 future HoF'ers

Ankf00
07-07-06, 12:47 PM
sorta, but instead of 1000 internet votes, we're allowed 1134 online votes - so it all evens out. ;)
stupid dirty Rogers internet

Gangrel
07-07-06, 01:03 PM
Douchezynski only got in because he is a media-whoring douche in a big market. He was easily the weakest of the five final vote players. That was obvious when Pudge Rodriguez got more votes than Joe Mauer.

Really! Well then, that explains why fan voting put 4 White Sox in the starting lineup...

Oh wait...that didn't happen.

You really ought to go seek some help for all that hatin' you got in ya'. Big market don't do crap in this town because everyone here prefers to root for the cuddly blue lovable losers on the north side, as certain folks enjoy reminding me here often. AJ got in because the fans put him in. And like it or not, most of the fans that put him in were not in Chicago. I would venture to say that a great number of Scrubs fans were voting specifically to vote against him.

So let's see, Guillen makes a mockery of the sport's biggest summer event because of an ego trip. Sounds exactly like something Tony George did. :gomer:

*cough* Joe Torre *cough*

Ozzie Guillen needs to be permanently banned from baseball. He has already done more damage to the game than Pete Rose. :thumdown:

Banned from the game, huh? For exercising his rights as AL All-Star Manager and picking 3 of his own guys? Pete Rose? Ok, what was that you were saying about retarded back there? Who's sounding retarded now? :saywhat:

Ankf00
07-07-06, 01:16 PM
Who's sounding retarded now? :saywhat:your manager, on quite a regular basis I might add :)

Gangrel
07-07-06, 01:28 PM
your manager, on quite a regular basis I might add :)

:rolleyes:

You know, Ank...you're right. One of these days you'll have to show me that WS trophy your 'Stros won last ye....oh, wait...

:rofl:

Ankf00
07-07-06, 01:55 PM

You know, Ank...you're right. One of these days you'll have to show me that WS trophy your 'Stros won last ye....oh, wait...

and this has all to do with ozzie's constant douchebaggery how? so if Schilling has 2 rings I guess he's the messiah in your eyes by that standard :gomer:

yes, a trophy magically infused a modicum of class into your manager and transformed that entire roster into the Cooperstown class of 2025 :rolleyes:

Gangrel
07-07-06, 01:57 PM
yes, a trophy magically infused a modicum of class into your manager and transformed that entire roster into the Cooperstown class of 2025 :rolleyes:

Aww, come on Ank...you're just bitter 'cause the 'Stros got their azzes handed to them by the Sox last year, then turned around and responded by sucking this season. :p

Ankf00
07-07-06, 02:02 PM
actually, I have no problems with the Sox owning that series, as hard as it is to believe for you, the world doesn't have it in for your team. but apparently the rest of the world failing to see what makes them more special than anyone from the '01 dbacks, '02 angels, '03 marlins, or '04 bosox makes the rest of the world jealous haters...

but the whole t-shirt with the middle finger thing, again, pure class, exactly what that side of town is known for :gomer: as exemplified by the manager.

Gangrel
07-07-06, 02:04 PM
actually, I have no problems with the Sox owning that series, as hard as it is to believe for you, the world doesn't have it in for your team. but apparently the rest of the world failing to see what makes them more special than anyone from the '01 dbacks, '02 angels, '03 marlins, or '04 bosox makes the rest of the world jealous haters...

but the whole t-shirt with the middle finger thing, again, pure class, exactly what that side of town is known for :gomer: as exemplified by the manager.

Right....'cause you'd never even think of wearing a shirt with any similar such theme at 16th and Georgetown.... :rolleyes:

Ankf00
07-07-06, 02:07 PM
Right....'cause you'd never even think of wearing a shirt with any similar such theme at 16th and Georgetown.... :rolleyes:
actually, no. I can't see myself ever willing visiting 16th and georgetown in the first place, and I'd never go out in public with something as classless as your title shirt. But again, that's S.O.P. for you guys, so have at it.

Sean O'Gorman
07-07-06, 02:08 PM
Barry Zito: All Star. I bet cork just loves the sound of that.

Dr. Corkski
07-07-06, 02:24 PM
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/6060/puckerupozzie7299534iu.jpg

Gangrel
07-07-06, 02:25 PM
actually, no. I can't see myself ever willing visiting 16th and georgetown in the first place, and I'd never go out in public with something as classless as your title shirt. But again, that's S.O.P. for you guys, so have at it.

The Untouchables

Mountie: Mr. Ness! I do not approve of your menthods!

Elliott Ness: Well, you're not from Chicago.

:D

Gangrel
07-07-06, 02:27 PM
That's right, Cork...make yourself sound like a blithering idiot, then when someone calls you out on it, retort with something completely unrelated and off topic.

What was that you were saying about Pete Rose again?

Dr. Corkski
07-07-06, 03:02 PM
That's right, Cork...make yourself sound like a blithering idiot, then when someone calls you out on it, retort with something completely unrelated and off topic.Pot, meet kettle. All you do is PMS and talk about last year everytime someone brings up a valid point about Guillen or the ChiSox this year. It takes an idiot to support another idiot like Guillen. :gomer:

Guillen is supposed to pick the best players for the All-Star game, not lock them out to satisfy his own ego. He left out the AL leader in ERA. Instead he selected Buerhle, who has given up more hits than innings pitched, something that even Barry Zito has managed not to do. Statistically Buerhle is worse than the 4th and 5th pitchers of the Detroit Tigers right now. He also leaves out Travis Hafner for Paul Konerko. Hafner is better than Konerko in virtually every major offensive statistic.

What was that you were saying about Pete Rose again?Pete Rose got a lifetime ban for damaging the integrity of baseball. So should Ozzie Guillen.

http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/6060/puckerupozzie7299534iu.jpg

Ozzie Guillen should be deported. :thumdown:

Gangrel
07-07-06, 03:17 PM
Pete Rose got a lifetime ban for damaging the integrity of baseball. So should Ozzie Guillen.

So by your own argument, Joe Torre should also get a lifetime ban from Baseball for picking seven of his own players in 2001?

I am arguing a single point with you, and you keep responding all over the board. You sure you took your meds today, Cork?

Dr. Corkski
07-07-06, 03:33 PM
Yet again you choose to ignore the point that Guillen picked two of his own mediocre players over two of the best players in the AL.

Unless you could show that Torre delibrately snubbed the best AL pitcher and hitter for the 2001 All-Star Game for his own players, then his picks that year are irrelevant.

Deport Guillen. :thumdown:

Gangrel
07-07-06, 04:05 PM
whatever.

Dr. Corkski
07-07-06, 04:23 PM
More facts for the ChiSox homers to ignore:

The difference between being an AL All-Star pitcher and not being one:

Francisco Liriano
9-1
1.99 ERA
94 SO
59 H allowed in 81.1 IP
Does not play for Guillen's ChiSox
Not an All-Star

Mark Buerhle
9-5
3.86 ERA (worse than Zito)
51 SO (worse than Zito)
125 H allowed in 116.2 IP (worse than Zito)
Plays for Guillen's ChiSox
All-Star despite having worse numbers than Zito and the 4th and 5th starters of the Detroit Tigers

The difference between being an AL All-Star hitter and not being one:

Travis Hafner
24 HR
70 RBI
.481 OBP
.652 Slugging %
Does not play for Guillen's ChiSox
Not an All-Star

Paul Konerko
21 HR
67 RBI
.385 OBP
.571 Slugging %
Plays for Guillen's ChiSox
All-Star

:gomer:

Gangrel
07-07-06, 04:35 PM
as stated earlier....

whatever.

*note: period at the end of previous comment. pretty much says it all.

Dr. Corkski
07-07-06, 04:42 PM
I get it, MLB statisitcs were systematically designed to screw over the ChiSox because everyone hates them or something. :cry:

:gomer:

Gangrel
07-07-06, 05:02 PM
I can put you in touch with a grief counsellor if you are having that much trouble dealing with the All-Star selection rules...perhaps someone who specializes in anger management, too...

Dr. Corkski
07-07-06, 05:07 PM
:cry: Whatever. :gomer:

Gangrel
07-07-06, 05:18 PM
First thing you've said all day that I've agreed with. :cry:

Gangrel
07-11-06, 05:04 PM
Y'all got your Liriano on the roster now, so ya' can quit cryin. :cry:

Dr. Corkski
07-11-06, 05:09 PM
Only because Ozzie doesn't want to pitch Contreras. Zito and Buerhle are still on the roster.

Deport Guillen.

Gangrel
07-11-06, 05:19 PM
Only because Ozzie doesn't want to pitch Contreras. Zito and Buerhle are still on the roster.

Yep. I can see the bais now. How could Ozzie possibly take one of his own guys like Barry Zito instead of....oh, wait... :gomer:

Deport Guillen.

And Pete Rose? :rolleyes:

Dr. Corkski
07-11-06, 11:17 PM
http://images2.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/71322263MH064_77th_MLB_All_071122_lower.jpg

What a disgrace.

Sean O'Gorman
07-12-06, 07:26 AM
Yeah, 7 strikes in 8 pitches, no hits, in his one inning. Its amazing the AL still won with Guillen and Zito ruining things. :rolleyes:

dando
07-12-06, 10:12 AM
Yeah, 7 strikes in 8 pitches, no hits, in his one inning. Its amazing the AL still won with Guillen and Zito ruining things. :rolleyes:
If the Z threw a perfect game, he would still suck. :gomer: :saywhat: :rolleyes:

-Kevin

Gangrel
07-12-06, 10:38 AM
http://images2.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/71322263MH064_77th_MLB_All_071122_lower.jpg

What a disgrace.

Let's see...not a heart attack, but a ____

Another word for "to pet"____

Most motorcycle engines are four ____, but many snowblower engines are two ____.

Come on.....you can figure it out....rhumes with "yoke".

Starts with "s", and ends with "troke". :p

Gangrel
07-12-06, 10:46 AM
Now for those here who don't have their heads up their azzes so far they can bite off their own tonsils....

Great game. Had me worried for a while there, but Ozzie seems to like being 1 or 2 runs down in the 9th with 2 outs, kind of like open wheel drivers on superspeedways like being in 2nd place at the start of the last lap. :D

WTG Paulie! 2-2, and sparked the 9th inning rally. Beltran got 2 hits, but it took him 4 at-bats.

Zito looked good.

Kind of wish Ozzie would've used Liriano, so Cork'd shut the hell up. :p

Must be kind of demoralizing to be Phil Garner these days...

Not much of a night for the long ball, guess they actually had to play some real honest baseball last night.

Lopez and Cabrera have some real cannons on them.

Ankf00
07-12-06, 10:49 AM
is the MLB all-star game ever going to be enjoyable again?

Gangrel
07-12-06, 10:54 AM
is the MLB all-star game ever going to be enjoyable again?

Might be more of a contest again if it were the American League vs. the Japanese league. :laugh:

Ankf00
07-12-06, 10:59 AM
Might be more of a contest again if it were the American League vs. the Japanese league. :laugh:
*shrug* I don't really GAF about NL vs. AL aside from the douchebag DH rule, but, seriously, I can't remember having fun watching one of these things in 10 years :shakehead

Gangrel
07-12-06, 11:27 AM
*shrug* I don't really GAF about NL vs. AL aside from the douchebag DH rule, but, seriously, I can't remember having fun watching one of these things in 10 years :shakehead

Don't know what to tell ya', Ank....sounds like the Selig factor to me.

Say what you want about the DH rule, but the AL has been putting on a clinic for NL teams in NL parks playing NL rules this year.

Dr. Corkski
07-12-06, 01:31 PM
If the Z threw a perfect game, he would still suck. :gomer: :saywhat: :rolleyes:

-Kevin :D

Gangrel
07-12-06, 02:15 PM
:D

The mind-boggling part of it is that Cork is proud of it.... :eek:

Stu
07-12-06, 09:35 PM

hmm...

while he says he doesnt care about the AL vs. the NL, and that he stopped caring about the All-Star game 10 years ago.

Coincidentally, 11 All-Star games ago was the last time the NL won.

hmm.....

Ankf00
07-12-06, 11:00 PM

we'll just ignore that my favorite players were mostly all active in the AL 11 years ago ;)

btw: pro conference all-star game smack is about as lame as you can get :gomer:

Gangrel
07-13-06, 10:59 AM
hmm...

while he says he doesnt care about the AL vs. the NL, and that he stopped caring about the All-Star game 10 years ago.

Coincidentally, 11 All-Star games ago was the last time the NL won.

hmm.....

:laugh:

IlliniRacer
07-14-06, 12:54 AM
What the h*** were the Reds thinking? They took got it taken to them dry!!!

linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2518314)

Tony George
07-14-06, 01:08 AM

Damn Bowden screwed the Reds when he worked for them, now he is doing it for another team! Mr. leatherpants is a tool. :mad: :o

chop456
07-14-06, 01:18 AM

You of all people should be familiar with a guy named Ernie Broglio. :D

Stu
07-14-06, 07:22 AM
The reds were thinking thinking they needed to improve their pen, and do so fast. Kearns will be a loss for them, no doubt about that one. Lopez however is a stiff, one good offensive year in the last 6.

The Nats made out on this deal for the future, the Reds made out on it for Today. Let's see how it plays out.

dando
07-14-06, 12:40 PM
Odalis Perez is TEH SUCK. :mad:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2518866

That **** should be charged with fraud.

"If I've done something wrong, let me know, tell me. I want to know. I've been treated like trash."

Gee, look @ your stats, you POS....the only think bigger than your ERA is your damn waistline:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=3927

:flame:

OK, I'm better now....

re: the Reds...@ least they made an attempt to improve the team unlike Dolanball up north. The trade is a push, with the Reds addressing a real need area.

Next it will be interesting to see where Soriano winds up. The Natties are still the Expos, just a bit further south. :saywhat: ]

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
07-24-06, 11:06 PM
Oakland needs win to keep division lead.

Oakland starts Barry Zito.

Barry Zito chokes.

Barry Zito sucks.

devilmaster
07-26-06, 12:43 PM
SI.com is doing a fan survey on your hometown ballparks.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/07/19/fan.value.survey/index.html

Remember Corky, try not to make every write in answer be Barry Zito Sucks. ;)

chop456
07-26-06, 12:49 PM
The Sox are dying on the vine. :thumdown:

Dr. Corkski
07-26-06, 05:59 PM
Karma > Ozzie Guillen. :thumbup:

Seems like his 7 "all-stars" caught Zitocitis from Ozzie's hand picked fellow "all-star" over the all-star break and has spread it to the rest of the team. That's what you get for making a mockery of the game.

16. Please tell us about any unique features that make the park special or depressing or annoying?
Barry Zito sucks. :p

cameraman
07-31-06, 10:30 PM
Ortiz >>> Cleveland

Stu
08-01-06, 11:37 AM
Ortiz >>> Cleveland

most clutch hitter in baseball > rookie closer in his first save situation

gee, who's gonna win that one? ;)

dando
08-01-06, 12:43 PM

They should never have pitched to him. Wedge needs to go. Now.

-Kevin

cameraman
08-01-06, 01:43 PM

I didn't say "Ortiz >>> Carmona"

I said Ortiz >>> Cleveland. Like Dando said, pitching to Ortiz was idiotic.

Stu
08-01-06, 03:15 PM
They should never have pitched to him. Wedge needs to go. Now.

-Kevin

runners on first and second and you want them to walk Ortiz to face ManRam with the bases loaded and only 1 out?

how is that any better of a situation?

dando
08-01-06, 03:26 PM
runners on first and second and you want them to walk Ortiz to face ManRam with the bases loaded and only 1 out?

how is that any better of a situation?
I'd take pitching to Money any day over Daddy. I'm not the only one that has question that move today. Wedge lost this team long ago. A change is needed. Now. And sadly it won't be Shapiro. :(

-Kevin

Stu
08-01-06, 03:46 PM
I'd take pitching to Money any day over Daddy. I'm not the only one that has question that move today. Wedge lost this team long ago. A change is needed. Now. And sadly it won't be Shapiro. :(

-Kevin

i would too, if the situations were the same.

but runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out for ortiz is much more desirable than bases loaded with 1 out for manny.

cameraman
08-01-06, 04:23 PM
With a two run lead? I don't agree.

Ankf00
08-01-06, 04:50 PM
guys, guys, come on now. we can all agree on this: The 'stros suck.

:)

Racing Truth
08-01-06, 07:22 PM
guys, guys, come on now. we can all agree on this: The 'stros suck.

:)

Yes, but the only thing worse than the 'Stros bully is the Tribe bully.

Miserable season for us, but there is one good thing: The A's kept Barry Zito, thus making life miserable for 2 more months for Cork. ;) :D

Stu
08-02-06, 09:43 AM
Yes, but the only thing worse than the 'Stros bully is the Tribe bully.

actually the stros bullpen is 18th in ERA, meaning there are 12 teams worse.

dando
08-05-06, 09:55 PM
Carmona, Carmona, Carmona.... :laugh: Again. :rofl:

:saywhat:

Fire Dolan, Wedge, and Shapiro. Now. :mad:

-Kevin

Stu
08-05-06, 11:21 PM
Carmona, Carmona, Carmona.... :laugh: Again. :rofl:

:saywhat:

Fire Dolan, Wedge, and Shapiro. Now. :mad:

-Kevin

why?

were you saying to fire them at the end of last season?

devilmaster
08-05-06, 11:26 PM
Carmona, Carmona, Carmona....

Fire Dolan, Wedge, and Shapiro. Now.

-Kevin

Can they be left in for a little while longer? please? http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ed/wink2.gif http://www.sportsinferno.com/forums/images/smilies/tigers.gif

dando
08-06-06, 10:03 PM
Can they be left in for a little while longer? please? http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ed/wink2.gif http://www.sportsinferno.com/forums/images/smilies/tigers.gif
Y'all only get that bunch for one more series. Have fun the rest of the month...Twinkies, ChiSox, BoSox, Rangers, Yanks! This stretch will prove whether or not the Lions....errr, Tigggers are worthy of their current record/lead.

I say it's 50/50. Other teams won't be nearly as giving as the Tribe.

-Kevin

dando
08-06-06, 10:05 PM
why?

were you saying to fire them at the end of last season?
The record and the deals speak for themselves. Enough said. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Stu
08-06-06, 11:38 PM
The record and the deals speak for themselves. Enough said. :thumdown:

-Kevin

what did it say last year?

devilmaster
08-07-06, 12:28 AM
Y'all only get that bunch for one more series. Have fun the rest of the month...Twinkies, ChiSox, BoSox, Rangers, Yanks! This stretch will prove whether or not the Lions....errr, Tigggers are worthy of their current record/lead.

I say it's 50/50. Other teams won't be nearly as giving as the Tribe.

-Kevin

Thats fine by me. As a long suffering Tiger fan all I wanted out of this season was 82 wins - First winning record in over 13 years. Everything above that is gravy. Dombrowski didn't listen to the yokels on sports radio and trade everyone away for a WS push, so they will continue to grow from the system up. They just signed their 1st rounder, and maybe will call him up for a look see in September.

The Tigers are still trying to recover from the Tony George of baseball, Randy Smith. Hopefully this year hasn't been a fluke in bringing the old English D back to glory.

dando
08-07-06, 01:10 PM
Thats fine by me. As a long suffering Tiger fan all I wanted out of this season was 82 wins - First winning record in over 13 years.
As a Bengals fan, I empathize with ya, and as long as the Dead Wings lose next season, I'm happy for y'all. :gomer: :p :D

Meanwhile, out on the left coast, the bums have won 9 in a row (certainly jinxed by that statement), after losing 13 of 14 after the break. Go figger. I can't figger out whether to love or hate this team, but @ least they traded fO. Perez to baseball hell in KC. Everything is well and good in the universe after that trade. :)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
08-09-06, 11:37 AM
Rafael Betancourt sucks.

dando
08-09-06, 04:24 PM
Rafael Betancourt sucks.
Name a Tribe reliever that doesn't. :shakehead

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
08-09-06, 08:29 PM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4862/motivator9757491pb2.jpg

Stu
08-09-06, 10:15 PM
Name a Tribe reliever that doesn't. :shakehead

-Kevin

Tom Mastny hasnt had any trouble yet :gomer:

dando
08-09-06, 10:27 PM
Tom Mastny hasnt had any trouble yet :gomer:
He will soon give up a run and have a ~9 ERA. :shakehead

Tribe reliever = Browns C. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Stu
08-10-06, 07:36 AM
He will soon give up a run and have a ~9 ERA. :shakehead

there was a reason there was a gomer face. :rolleyes:

dando
08-10-06, 11:05 AM
there was a reason there was a gomer face. :rolleyes:
Yes, I understood that, Jr. :gomer:

My comment was simply about the state of affairs on the northcoast. :shakehead <== about the Tribe :)

-Kevin

Gangrel
08-12-06, 03:57 PM
Ok....someone please explain this one to me....

White Sox are playing Tigers, broadcast is on Fox. Tigers had 3-0 lead until the bottom of the 7th, at which point the Sox tie the game at 3, then in the bottom of the 8th, Sox take a 4-3 lead against Tigers releiver Fernando Rodney. Top 9, Jenks pitching with 1 out, 4-3 lead, Fox broadcast team announces Player of the Game. Kenny Rogers! :saywhat:

Ok, folks...I know I am a rabid Sox fan...I know some of you guys refuse to admit they are one of the best teams out there, and a few of you don't buy into the media having it in for the Sox. But look at it this way. Take the White Sox out of this picture, take Bobby Jenks out of the picture, and put your own team in the same place in this scenereo. Yankees, Indians, Angels, Stros...whatever. They have a come-from-behind lead in the top of the 9th on a nationally televised lead, and the player of the game is announced as the starting pitcher for the team that blew the lead in the 7th inning. Said pitcher was pitching when he blew the lead. What the hell sense does that make?

Stu
08-12-06, 04:03 PM
you're getting worked up over Fox announcing who the player of the game was?

who gives a crap?

if it were the Indians in the place of the Sox, I wouldn't care. Its a crappy fox announce team.

Thats why Ank makes fun of you for thinking everyone is out to get the White Sox, cuz you are making big deals out of stuff no one else would care abiout.

Ankf00
08-12-06, 04:13 PM
Is it football season yet?

Dr. Corkski
08-12-06, 04:35 PM
How many games has Mark "All-Star" Buerhle won since the all-sox break? :laugh:

Gangrel
08-12-06, 04:39 PM
you're getting worked up over Fox announcing who the player of the game was?

who gives a crap?

if it were the Indians in the place of the Sox, I wouldn't care. Its a crappy fox announce team.

Thats why Ank makes fun of you for thinking everyone is out to get the White Sox, cuz you are making big deals out of stuff no one else would care abiout.

Player of the Game doesn't mean anything. That much I agree with. However, the guys who made the biased call on who was PoG was also the biased team who was calling the game for the millions of people nationwide that were tuned in to the game. And it is stooges like this that are calling games right into the World Series. These are the same kind of goofballs who, as the White Sox were just about to sweep Boston last year, in the 9th inning of game 3, were showing replays of the Red Sox World Series celebration from the year before. To say that the sports media is not biased against this team is moronic. All you have to do is watch a broadcast of White Sox coverage that comes from anywhere outside of Chicago in order to see it. Sox fans have a chip on their shoulders because the sports media does in fact have it in for their team. It is frustrating to watch, though I must say thumbing our noses at it after winning a World Series was pretty fun....

Ankf00
08-12-06, 04:56 PM
To say that the sports media is not biased against this team is moronic. All you have to do is watch a broadcast of White Sox coverage that comes from anywhere outside of Chicago in order to see it. Sox fans have a chip on their shoulders because the sports media does in fact have it in for their team. It is frustrating to watch, though I must say thumbing our noses at it after winning a World Series was pretty fun....
whatever you say, southside-aggy

and why should anyone "admit" that the sox are the best team in baseball when they're not even winning their league let alone their division? :rolleyes:

chop456
08-12-06, 05:01 PM
Has anyone said they're the best team in baseball?

Dr. Corkski
08-12-06, 05:11 PM
Player of the Game doesn't mean anything. That much I agree with. However, the guys who made the biased call on who was PoG was also the biased team who was calling the game for the millions of people nationwide that were tuned in to the game. And it is stooges like this that are calling games right into the World Series. These are the same kind of goofballs who, as the White Sox were just about to sweep Boston last year, in the 9th inning of game 3, were showing replays of the Red Sox World Series celebration from the year before. To say that the sports media is not biased against this team is moronic. All you have to do is watch a broadcast of White Sox coverage that comes from anywhere outside of Chicago in order to see it. Sox fans have a chip on their shoulders because the sports media does in fact have it in for their team. It is frustrating to watch, though I must say thumbing our noses at it after winning a World Series was pretty fun....That game was only broadcasted to 24% of the markets. Depending on the ratings that game might not have even averaged a million viewers. :rofl:

Anyone who knows anything about baseball knows the media loves the BoSox. Doesn't mean they are out to get 28 other teams. :gomer:

Ankf00
08-12-06, 05:20 PM
Has anyone said they're the best team in baseball?
its been said often enough

Gangrel
08-12-06, 05:30 PM
its been said often enough

Not this time. Didn't even remotely have anything to do with what I said. In fact, I even disclaimed my bias so it could be factored out of my statement. But thanks for proving my point.

Dr. Corkski
08-12-06, 06:42 PM
Buehrle...still solid as the #2 man in the Sox pitching rotation, and still better than most #1 pitchers in the league. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, not biased at all. :gomer:

Gangrel
08-12-06, 07:04 PM
No, not biased at all. :gomer:

You have some kind of reading difficulty, don't you Cork?

A quick read of my past 3 post would tell you that I acknowledge my bias, and stated it openly in an effort to factor it out of my observations. This isn't about the White Sox, it isn't about the Tigers, it is about the morons that are bringing the game to the masses on Nationally (or semi-nationally) broadcast games.

What's up with this, anyways? We can complain about bad broadcast teams in a racing series, but we can't complain about a bad broadcast team in a baseball game? :saywhat: