PDA

View Full Version : Where's the NHL playoffs thread?

Pages : 1 [2]

Ankf00
05-08-06, 10:05 PM
1. 15 game streak is 15 game streak.

2. you can ask cork or check out my playoff posts on hornfans to see how i the devs, 1 scoring line and 2 worthy d-men, anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that, anything beyond that is just gravy. what, you expect me not to enjoy winning? :gomer:

3. you had the biggest lovers spat with cork in september about cbj being playoff bound or not, check it yourself :p

dando
05-08-06, 10:06 PM
3.0 :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-08-06, 10:08 PM
yea, just like you called it, right? :laugh:

bitter pylons fans == :gomer:

;)

dando
05-08-06, 10:27 PM
yea, just like you called it, right?

bitter pylons fans

;)
2-0 :rofl:

Bite me. :gomer:

:p

-Kevin

dando
05-08-06, 10:35 PM
1. 15 game streak is 15 game streak.

2. you can ask cork or check out my playoff posts on hornfans to see how i the devs, 1 scoring line and 2 worthy d-men, anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that, anything beyond that is just gravy. what, you expect me not to enjoy winning?

3. you had the biggest lovers spat with cork in september about cbj being playoff bound or not, check it yourself
d00d, why in Woody's name would I step foot in that pile of manure known as Hornsfans? :saywhat:

re: the streak...you brought it up, I dint. I called it for what it is...or was. :)

re: Cork...my discourse with her :gomer: was about whether the CBJs could make the playoffs. Certainly not win the Cup.

-Kevin

pfc_m_drake
05-08-06, 10:45 PM
http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/buf38.gif

:D :D :D

Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Dr. Corkski
05-08-06, 10:49 PM
Dude, CBJs are so November. That was like 5 bandwagons ago. :gomer:

The Carolina Compuwares make you wonder what Laviolette could have done with in Turin had that idiot Waddell stiffed him with a bunch of douchenuggets.

A certain Mr. Connolly should have known better than to skate with his head down in the neutral zone.

Ankf00
05-08-06, 11:14 PM
d00d, why in Woody's name would I step foot in that pile of manure known as Hornsfans? :saywhat:
-Kevin

to converse with those who are abooooout, say, 15 grade levels above your average "bucknut" ? na, you wouldn't want to leave the inbred couch burning masses :gomer:

TKGAngel
05-09-06, 06:12 AM
A certain Mr. Connolly should have known better than to skate with his head down in the neutral zone.

I will give you that much. However, a certain Ottawa player should know better than to raise his arm to head level during a check. I love the fact that Timmy's injury is being described as "an upper body injury," which clearly could mean anything from his head is rolling down the Scotiabank Place hallway, to he's got a headache (my money's on the middle ground).

It was definitely Miller Time last night. The man was amazing. There were several Ottawa shots that rightfully should have been goals if not for Miller. Can't wait for Wednesday!

Dr. Corkski
05-09-06, 01:11 PM
Arm was tucked in. Clean hit.

dando
05-09-06, 10:30 PM
Avs/Ducks #3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-09-06, 11:13 PM
Lupul 4, Dives 3.

Bye bye dives. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dando
05-09-06, 11:26 PM
Lupul 4, Dives 3.

Bye bye dives. :rofl:
I prefer Jose and the *****cats. ;)

Ya gets what ya gets when ya sign Turdgone :laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-09-06, 11:31 PM
Pierre Turgeon == a Stanley Cup or two.

Team Dando == zilch

:laugh:

dando
05-09-06, 11:36 PM
Pierre Turgeon == a Stanley Cup or two.

Team Dando == zilch

:laugh:
:rolleyes:

Nice try.

Certain HoFer by your standards, I'm sure. :shakehead

Back to the water heater, homey. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-09-06, 11:39 PM
if your standards are the pylons & the cbj, I'll stick by my standards, thanks. ;)

Dr. Corkski
05-10-06, 12:28 AM
Doesn't "Team dando" jump to, err, win the Stanley Cup every year? :gomer:

dando
05-10-06, 01:26 PM
No Connolly or Kalinin for the Sabres tonight:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2439901

Ouch.

-Kevin

dando
05-10-06, 01:32 PM
Doesn't "Team dando" jump to, err, win the Stanley Cup every year? :gomer:
Back to where we ended up last fall. It's pretty much useless trying to have any sort of meaningful discussion with you because it ends up like this. :rolleyes:

End of discussion.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-10-06, 01:44 PM
No Connolly or Kalinin for the Sabres tonight:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2439901

Ouch.

-Kevin

Looks like Vanek is still in Lindy's doghouse as well. Novotny's a good player, just without Connolly's skills.

I still love how every time a coach or someone mentions a player is day to day. To quote Charley Steiner, aren't we all?

RacinM3
05-10-06, 01:57 PM
Wow, 4 goals for Lupul last night. Has anyone ever gotten a natural hat trick and an OT game winner for 4 goals in a playoff game, ever?

I need stats!!

Too bad I'm not a Ducks fan, I'd be enjoying this quite a bit. As it is, my Kings have once again made me only a casual observer. :thumdown:

pfc_m_drake
05-10-06, 10:00 PM
http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/buf38.gif

:D :D :D

Ankf00
05-10-06, 10:52 PM
it's always about the which way the bounces fall...

pfc_m_drake
05-10-06, 10:57 PM
True, but I'll say this: Buffalo didn't get particularly lucky tonight. With another bounce or two in regulation it could have easily ended 4-2. But they still won - which is what counts.

I have to say I am surprised though - particularly because I thought that Ottawa was the best team in Hockey this year.

TKGAngel
05-11-06, 06:12 AM
True, but I'll say this: Buffalo didn't get particularly lucky tonight. With another bounce or two in regulation it could have easily ended 4-2. But they still won - which is what counts.

I have to say I am surprised though - particularly because I thought that Ottawa was the best team in Hockey this year.

I agree. In the 3rd, the Sabres hit everything in the Ottawa end except the net. Ottawa also did the same.

I flipped to CBC at the end of the game, and Bob Neale/Harry Cole had this tone in their voice like someone just killed their puppy. I don't think anyone was expecting this series to go this way.

Dr. Corkski
05-11-06, 09:39 AM
I flipped to CBC at the end of the game, and Bob Neale/Harry Cole had this tone in their voice like someone just killed their puppy. I don't think anyone was expecting this series to go this way.They sound that way because the Maple Laughs didn't make the playoffs. If Bob Cole wasn't so old he would have blown a load when Dumont (or anyone against the Senators) scored.

racermike
05-11-06, 05:17 PM
Hockey fun fact for the day ...

Cam Neely played "Sea-Bass" in the movie "Dumb and Dumber". Guess he played a cop in "me, myself, and Irene" (which also lists Brendan Shanahan in the movie too, but not sure if its the hockey player)

Just caught the movie on cable and recognized him (seen this many times before, but never picked up on it)

pfc_m_drake
05-13-06, 11:04 PM
I have to tell you, I'm feeling much better now...I was nervous going into tonight's game. Glad it worked out :D

TKGAngel
05-14-06, 06:17 PM
It was Miller time again last night! Pominville's goal was beautiful; the first shorthanded, series winning OT goal in history. An Ottawa fan also pulled the fire alarm post-game, so the press box was forced to hoof it down the stairs.

racermike
05-15-06, 01:36 AM
Oilers .... wowzers!

TKGAngel
05-15-06, 09:28 AM
Not cool. :thumdown:

Sharks Fans Boo Oh Canada (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/hockey/nhl/specials/playoffs/2006/05/14/bc.hkn.oilers.sharks.anthem.ap/index.html?cnn=yes)

devilmaster
05-15-06, 12:08 PM

Sharks Fans Boo Oh Canada (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/hockey/nhl/specials/playoffs/2006/05/14/bc.hkn.oilers.sharks.anthem.ap/index.html?cnn=yes)

I didn't think it was a big deal when Canadians booed the Star Spangled Banner, and I still don't think its a big deal now.

Whats the line from Men in Black? - Individually, people are intelligent. As a group they are paranoid, scared and stupid..... :confused:

TKGAngel
05-15-06, 01:34 PM
I didn't think it was a big deal when Canadians booed the Star Spangled Banner, and I still don't think its a big deal now.

Whats the line from Men in Black? - Individually, people are intelligent. As a group they are paranoid, scared and stupid..... :confused:

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

devilmaster
05-15-06, 02:07 PM
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Thanks TKG. I hadn't gotten around to imdb in my daily surfing yet ;)

TKGAngel
05-15-06, 02:46 PM
Thanks TKG. I hadn't gotten around to imdb in my daily surfing yet ;)

I do what I can. ;)

Dr. Corkski
05-15-06, 02:59 PM

Sharks Fans Boo Oh Canada (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/hockey/nhl/specials/playoffs/2006/05/14/bc.hkn.oilers.sharks.anthem.ap/index.html?cnn=yes)[dumbass San Jose fans]

Let's boo the national anthem of our 2 best defensemen and 3 leading scorers!

[/dumbass San Jose fans]

dando
05-15-06, 09:51 PM
Devils. :gomer:

Sabres/Canes. :cool:

Duckies. :thumbup:

Sharkies. :saywhat:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-16-06, 08:29 AM
[dumbass San Jose fans]

Let's boo the national anthem of our 2 best defensemen and 3 leading scorers!

[/dumbass San Jose fans]

I agree. Its disrespectful to the players/coaches and reflects poorly on San Jose.

My co-workers and I are figuring out if portable radios are allowed on the golf course, since the first Sabres/Canes game is the same day as our company's golf tourney.

Go Oilers!

Dr. Corkski
05-16-06, 02:26 PM
My co-workers and I are figuring out if portable radios are allowed on the golf course, since the first Sabres/Canes game is the same day as our company's golf tourney.You work for the Ottawa Senators?

TKGAngel
05-17-06, 08:14 AM
You work for the Ottawa Senators?

Nope. :D

Night Train
05-17-06, 05:19 PM
My co-workers and I are figuring out if portable radios are allowed on the golf course, since the first Sabres/Canes game is the same day as our company's golf tourney.

Go Oilers!

I'll be at the game!

and Go Oilers as well, they are a fun team to watch.

Racing Truth
05-24-06, 05:39 PM
Bump after a great 3rd period in EDM/ANA Game 3. :thumbup:

I sooooooo want an Oilers/Sabres matchup. Sorry Night Train. ;)

TKGAngel
05-24-06, 07:19 PM
Bump after a great 3rd period in EDM/ANA Game 3. :thumbup:

I sooooooo want an Oilers/Sabres matchup. Sorry Night Train. ;)

Go Sabres! Not that this town has lost its mind, but Saturday's game had a 31 rating / 55 share. Those are comparable to local Super Bowl ratings.

Ditto on the Oilers/Sabres Cup, since it would cause Gary Bettman to probably throw himself off a cliff. Besides, there's still a little bit of the high school fangurl in me to want the Oilers to win the West just because they have Michael Peca. :)

pfc_m_drake
05-25-06, 09:54 PM
I kind of like the fact that the Sabres and Hartford Whalers are playing for the Prince of Wales Conference title, and I do hope for an Oilers/Sabres final as well.

:D :D

TKGAngel
06-02-06, 08:01 PM
As sad as I am to see the Sabres lose, it was a heck of a season. No one expected these guys to even make the playoffs, let alone get to a Game 7 of the conference finals. They also didn't play a bad game last night for being 4 defensemen down.

Rumor has it that management has a post-lockout three year plan. If this was year one, I can't wait to see what the other two entail.

Go Oilers!

pfc_m_drake
06-02-06, 10:58 PM
Yes, it was a good year. I'm still a little disappointed in last night - I think somebody said that was like the 8th or 9th lead that they've blown during the course of the playoffs. Just weren't good enough when it mattered. But alas, it was still a good year.

I think Jay Mackey is a free agent - I'd like to see them make a good run to keep him around.

And since the Hartford Whalers are now the Carolina Hurricanes, I think I will be rooting for the Oilers in the finals as well.

Night Train
06-03-06, 12:24 PM
As the only Hurricanes fan here, I'm obviously glad they're in the finals. I'll be making the 3 hour drive Monday for Game 1!

I was very impressed with Buffalo during Games 6 and 7 as banged up as their defensive corps was.

pfc_m_drake
06-03-06, 09:01 PM
As the only Hurricanes fan here, I'm obviously glad they're in the finals. I'll be making the 3 hour drive Monday for Game 1!

I was very impressed with Buffalo during Games 6 and 7 as banged up as their defensive corps was.'
Well, as I no longer have a vested interest in who wins, I wish you and your team luck (even though I still kind of want the Oilers to win :p ) But seriously, have fun at the game and drive carefully!

Night Train
06-04-06, 10:10 AM
^ Thanks for the kind words. I couldn't get any tickets in 2002 and this may get be the only Championship series game I ever get to. It's kind of funny, I'd been rooting for Edmonton out West all through the playoffs as I liked their underdog mentality and style of play. It's going to be a heck of a series...

Dr. Corkski
06-05-06, 02:10 AM
Canadian Mullets vs American Mullets. :gomer:

Should be a blast to be at the game, provided Peter Karmanos hasn't completely ruined that too.

TKGAngel
06-05-06, 08:24 AM
Canadian Mullets vs American Mullets. :gomer:

Should be a blast to be at the game, provided Peter Karmanos hasn't completely ruined that too.

Do any players really still have a mullet? The shaggy dog look appears to be in nowadays.

dando
06-05-06, 11:21 AM
Looks like Cork made his pick for the finals:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2471010

:gomer: ;)

Hoping for a seven gamer. I might quietly pull for the Canes since I'm a fan of Brind'Amour and Kevyn Adams, but not so much former CBJ Whitney.

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-05-06, 11:48 AM
Do any players really still have a mullet? The shaggy dog look appears to be in nowadays.

NHL'ers have finally caught up to the frat-shag of 5 years ago

TKGAngel
06-05-06, 12:16 PM

Hoping for a seven gamer. I might quietly pull for the Canes since I'm a fan of Brind'Amour and Kevyn Adams, but not so much former CBJ Whitney.

-Kevin

Brind'Amour has to be the ugliest man in hockey.

I hope the bars in Edmonton stocked up on their beer, especially if this thing goes 7. Towards the end of the conference finals, there was a beer shortage in the city.

Dr. Corkski
06-05-06, 01:27 PM

-KevinFranky I find that to be insulting. Please don't call me a Canadian. :gomer:

So I see you have already jump onto the CompuwareCanes bandwagon. :p

dando
06-05-06, 10:47 PM
Brind'Amour has to be the ugliest man in hockey.

Oh dear Lord....are you forgetting Mike Ricci? :saywhat: That mofo is Frankystein on skates.

http://www.sharkspage.com/jpgs/mike_ricci_skate.jpg

^^^ Corky. :p

-Kevin

dando
06-05-06, 11:02 PM
So I see you have already jump onto the CompuwareCanes bandwagon. :p
Well, the Canes aka: Whalers almost landed here in Cbus, ya see. ;)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
06-05-06, 11:56 PM
Well, the Canes aka: Whalers almost landed here in Cbus, ya see. ;)

-KevinTy Conklin is almost a goalie. :gomer:

Tifosi24
06-06-06, 12:49 AM
Just give the Whalers the Stanley Cup.

TKGAngel
06-06-06, 08:16 AM
Oh dear Lord....are you forgetting Mike Ricci? :saywhat: That mofo is Frankystein on skates.

-Kevin

I didnt think Ricci looked too bad there. Brind'Amour just scares me.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57618594jm004_buffalo_sabre.jpg

I kind of feel bad for Conklin. Stupid mistake leads to the game winning goal. Not that he had any pressure put on him or anything, getting into the game so late.

And the guys dressed up like the Carolina cheerleaders, my eyes! my eyes!

EVL29
06-06-06, 10:10 AM
Bergeron=McSorley :gomer:

I don't think Conklin was as much at fault as Smyth.

tllips
06-06-06, 10:29 AM
Bergeron=McSorley :gomer:

I don't think Conklin was as much at fault as Smyth.

I think it was just a case of each player not sure what the other is going to do. It's due to a lack of playing time together.

Bad Break, but Conklin didn't give up the four goals before that.

Dr. Corkski
06-06-06, 12:17 PM
Ty Conklin sucks.

dando
06-07-06, 11:18 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2006-06-06-hiestand-nba_x.htm

Invisible TV: OLN averaged 611,000 households for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Monday. That's fewer households than ESPN2 drew for an Arizona-Northwestern college women's softball game Monday night. It is 39% fewer households than ESPN drew for the Stanley Cup series opener two years ago.

Ouch! That's CCWS/IRLesqe. :eek: :(

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-07-06, 11:55 AM
Don't forget Timmy Hunter..... :D

http://www.hockeyfights.com/article_pics/tim_hunter_01_300w.jpg

TKGAngel
06-07-06, 12:16 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2006-06-06-hiestand-nba_x.htm

Ouch! That's CCWS/IRLesqe. :eek: :(

-Kevin

My media planner/hockey fan heart weeps. :cry:

Here's another spin (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060603/1032164.asp) on ratings, using Game 6 of the Conference Finals.

The Sabres' 2-1 overtime victory at home Tuesday in Game Six had a 27.9 rating (about 180,000 homes) on OLN here. The Raleigh market had a 7.9 rating (about 79,000 households). Nationally, the game had a .8 rating, equaling about 578,000 households. In other words, the Buffalo market was responsible for about 30 percent of the households watching Game Six.

Dr. Corkski
06-07-06, 01:51 PM
[Gary Buttman]

The bible belt will save hockey!

New Orleans Canadiens and Mississippi Maple Leaves here we come!

[/Gary Buttman]

:gomer:

Mr. Toad
06-10-06, 08:17 PM
Is Don Cherry wearing PJ's tonight? :D

TKGAngel
06-11-06, 06:18 PM
Is Don Cherry wearing PJ's tonight? :D

I have no idea. I would have thought it was bad upholstery or drapery fabric.

The guy who won game tix doing an impersonation of Cherry had me rolling.

Tifosi24
06-12-06, 04:11 PM
I just saw this link in the college hockey forum

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PEkQcu-g6II&search=oilers%20national%20anthem

It is the pre-game and anthems from Game 3 (it is longish at 10 minutes). I think the NHL just needs to lose the US broadcaster and just have CBC do all games from now on. The type of access they get before games looks sweet and it really gets you excited for the game. After watching this clip it appears that Rexall Place and the Saddledome (Calgary) are two arenas that one needs to see a hockey game in before dying.

Bring on Game 4, and the fact I don't need to spend money at the bar to watch it, since it is finally on network television. Crappy TV deal!

Mr. Toad
06-12-06, 07:21 PM
The guy who won game tix doing an impersonation of Cherry had me rolling.

Same here.

Dr. Corkski
06-15-06, 12:55 AM
Fernando Pisani is GOD.

Night Train
06-15-06, 01:37 AM
He made a great play, no doubt. The Canes were tight all night. Give the Oilers credit...

TKGAngel
06-15-06, 08:20 AM
Holy cow, what a great game. Markinnen (sp) practically stood on his head at some points, the saves were that great. Peca also scored a beautiful goal.

I had a feeling Carolina was going to lose as soon as the announcers mentioned the post-cup party plans had already been made. That's tempting fate.

dando
06-15-06, 12:15 PM
Heckuva game. :thumbup: This is what hockey is all about. :cool:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
06-16-06, 02:38 AM
http://www.caldercup.com/AHL/Includes/her06_448.jpg

Hershey Bears win teh AHL Calder Cup! :thumbup:

dando
06-16-06, 10:38 AM
Hershey Bears win teh AHL Calder Cup! :thumbup:
That's becuz they're no longer the Phlyers affiliate. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
06-17-06, 10:26 PM
Unless a miracle happens in the final 15', we have a game 7 Mon. :thumbup: :cool: May the best team win, and let there be 6 OTs. :)

-Kevin

Night Train
06-18-06, 02:07 AM
Well, one game for all the marbles. I'd be lying if I said I had a good feeling at this point in time. Credit to the Oilers for a good game plan these last two games. I'll be at Game 7 (outside the arena, mind you....). I'll either be drunk from joy or agony Monday night. It remains to be seen which.... ;)

Dr. Corkski
06-18-06, 02:52 AM
**** scientology. I am joining the Church of Pisani.

TKGAngel
06-18-06, 07:24 AM
Unless a miracle happens in the final 15', we have a game 7 Mon. :thumbup: :cool: May the best team win, and let there be 6 OTs. :)

-Kevin

There hasn't been a 3-4 overtime game yet in these playoffs, has there?

The Hurricanes just looked tired last night. Two consecutive 7 game series cant be good for them.