PDA

View Full Version : What's that smell?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

dando
08-23-06, 03:14 PM
I don't think Ginn had any yards against SC last year. Might have something to do with his 7 yard performance against Texas. :gomer: :p
I dint say SC, you did. ;) :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-23-06, 03:33 PM
No you've seen what Ginn can do....~250 total yards vs. ND, which was comparable if not better that Bush vs. ND. Obviously he was MIA early last season, which was partially to blame on the QB rotation situation. We'll see if your revamped D backfield is up to the challenge, eh?

-Kevin

Uh, Ginn had 23084320843208 yards vs Okie St in '04 too. Wasn't he supposed to break out the next season then too? :gomer: '04 #'s vs crap D's didn't exactly translate vs PSU or UT last year ;) (And enough with the QB excuses, Zwick lit up Okie St & Miami (OH) w/ no difficulty, he wasn't exactly a chump)

FYI: we only lost a safety & a corner, the B corners split time starting/playing, so there's really only 1 replacement in the secondary, albeit it's a huge one in Huff. But I don't know where you got the impression that our D is rebuilt to any degree, 1 LB gone, 1 SS gone, 1 DT gone (but again, we cycled 5 of these guys regularly last year so it doesn't matter). Honestly we return 9 out of 11 starters on D. Secondary & line should be solid as they're 95% the same units. LB unit is the biggest question mark and that's only at Mike, Sam & Will are returning starters. I think your boys Smith & Zwick remembers my boys Kelson & Killebrew :D

dando
08-23-06, 03:43 PM
(And enough with the QB excuses, Zwick lit up Okie St & Miami (OH) w/ no difficulty, he wasn't exactly a chump)

I've never said that Zwick is/was a chump. The FACT is that the O is/was entirely different under Smith than it is with Zwick. Period. Perhaps you'd like to compare and contrast your O under Applewhite than Young for example. And you know we beat y'all with Zwick running the O if Hamby can catch a mother ****ing pass while wide open in the end zone! :mad:

Go back and read my reply about the O's performance vs. other Ds. 'nuff said on that subject.

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-23-06, 03:55 PM
And you know we beat y'all with Zwick running the O if Hamby can catch a mother ****ing pass while wide open in the end zone! :mad: USC thought the same thing :laugh: you realize how much gametime was left, right? "coulda woulda", bla bla, if Kelson & Robison don't drop INT's thrown straight to their chest UT win's by 8 touchdowns :gomer: Hey, this game is fun!

Go back and read my reply about the O's performance vs. other Ds. 'nuff said on that subject.

-Kevin yea, performances against defenses which didn't even rank top 60 nationally aside from Michigan... top 60 being the top 50+% of D1-A teams. ;)

dando
08-23-06, 04:32 PM
f00, this may answer your question about Ginn's route running, or maybe not: :gomer:

http://www.1460thefan.com/tf.php?story=dispatch/2006/08/23/20060823-B1-04.html

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-23-06, 05:16 PM
ok, he's learning, we'll give him him 5 for 50 this year :D

Ankf00
08-23-06, 06:09 PM
USC Ready for Shot at Historic Four-Peat (http://sportspickle.com/features/volume5/2006-0823-usc.html)

Pete Carroll has his players ready to take full advantage of the unique opportunity in front of them: becoming the first team in college football history to win four consecutive national titles.

“All of the players and coaches are on the same page. We want this bad,” said Carroll. “Sure, some people doubt we can do it. They say we weren’t actually the official national champions in 2003. And that we didn’t even win a title last year. But that’s the kind of negative talk you have to push aside when you’re going for history. We have to stay positive and unified.”

:laugh:

Ankf00
08-24-06, 10:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/GTRON12.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/GTRON_11.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/GTRON13.jpg

dando
08-24-06, 12:00 PM
Apparently they had to turn it on for practice the other day so that the players could get used to it and would gawk @ it during a game. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-24-06, 12:05 PM
it will only be HD if the TV feed for that game is as well, so on 9/9 you're gonna miss out :D

(3@$@!##@%!@$%!@#$%!$#@!$!@#%!@#$%!@#$ 9 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!11!!!111111!1!1 one11oneone1oneoenoneone)

Sean O'Gorman
08-24-06, 12:40 PM
Wow. Thats huge. If that thing fell over it'd probably kill both team's benches.

Wheel-Nut
08-24-06, 12:48 PM
Let's hope it wasn't designed by an Aggie.

Ankf00
08-24-06, 01:17 PM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. :eek:

[Queen] OH NO HE DI'INT [/Latifah]

(I'd be more taken aback if they weren't so classless & obscene in the following weeks when we were merely trying to be respectful. That and if it wasn't entirely their own fault for letting drunk kids operate Caterpillars)

Ankf00
08-25-06, 12:41 PM
Has anyone mentioned the new tOSU jerseys for this season? You figure that sorta stuff is big news...

I kind of like their new away ones, especially the special ones for the UT game, it has some orange, muy cool, man.

New tOSU away jersey for the Austin game (http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&article_id=1477923&PHPSESSID=1cec6b310185f228feb6bcd92a9e29c0#top)

Ankf00
08-28-06, 11:54 AM
Wall Street Journal ranks the rankers.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/images/PT-AD105_Rankin_20060825185621.gif

We set out to rank the rankers, examining the recent track records of 12 of the most-read college-football guides and preseason rankings. We compared their top 25 preseason picks to how those same teams fared in the final Associated Press Top 25 standings. Because the top 10 teams are inherently of greater import than the other 15, we assigned more weight to accuracy of those selections.

We also penalized the preseason predictors if they picked a team that failed to finish anywhere in the top 25 -- but also gave them bonus points for correctly picking the two teams that played for the national championship.

Sean O'Gorman
08-28-06, 12:14 PM
13. coolhand :gomer:

dando
08-28-06, 12:29 PM
Is this guy a tard, or what?

http://www.buckeyextra.com/?story=dispatch/2006/08/27/20060827-E2-03.html

:saywhat: :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-28-06, 01:06 PM
Kelso's a sports-humor columnist, it's his schtick *shrug*

The AD's new campaign is somewhat offensive as it implies there's a behavior problem beyond the certain out of control students all schools not named Nebraska have. "Texas, make us proud." Uh, who is "us?" Last I checked, I'm an "us." I'm certainly not a "them." F the AD.

APD doesn't need to roll in riot gear on gameday nor advise visitors to travel in groups of 10 or more for safety from the couch burning mobs. APD doesn't stand by while witnessing fist fights break out, telling visitors "we can't make any arrests for that sorta activity until it gets out of hand." And I don't recall any olympic qualifying meets for the unopened-beer-can-throw around campus either.

But, sorry Kelso, I can not in good conscience holster the cleveland smack. It's just too tempting. :) Although, in the spirit of being good hosts, we could try to light Town Lake ablaze. You know, to make them feel at home...

Ankf00
08-28-06, 01:32 PM
Bomar at D1-AA Sam Houston State and won't have to sit out a year if he's reinstated. :D

The possibility of him getting
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/bomar-money.gif

again this year has me so excited :)

coolhand
08-28-06, 01:34 PM
Bomar at D1-AA Sam Houston State and won't have to sit out a year if he's reinstated. :D

The possibility of him getting
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/bomar-money.gif

again this year has me so excited :)

You guys play D1-AA teams?

Ankf00
08-28-06, 01:54 PM
You guys play Pac-10 defenses? :gomer:

Last minute rules changes about the 12th game led to SHSU, it sucks, but can't do much about it. Our only weekend to slot a game was right before Texas-OU weekend (weekend before A&M remains a bye), and no one else who was open that weekend and willing to take an extra game was willing to accept a 1 year away game for $500,000 on that particular weekend.

Big 12 play is 8 games, so need 4 OOC. Pac-10 is finally playing a full round robin next year so they can stick to their previous 3 OOC commitments and just play that 9th conference game now.

nrc
08-28-06, 02:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/GTRON_11.jpg
What do you call those things in front of that big billboard? You guys get a new lacrosse field?

Ankf00
08-28-06, 02:16 PM
Those are the seats for the first 4,000 sacrifices to be offered to the glorious Godzillatron. PRAISE BE TO GODZILLATRON!!

(north horseshoe to be demo'ed this year for new grandstand prior to '07 kickoff, ticket holders relocated to these new tinker toy seats in the south endzone...)

coolhand
08-28-06, 02:17 PM
You guys play Pac-10 defenses? :gomer:

Last minute rules changes about the 12th game led to SHSU, it sucks, but can't do much about it. Our only weekend to slot a game was right before Texas-OU weekend (weekend before A&M remains a bye), and no one else who was open that weekend and willing to take an extra game was willing to accept a 1 year away game for $500,000 on that particular weekend.

Big 12 play is 8 games, so need 4 OOC. Pac-10 is finally playing a full round robin next year so they can stick to their previous 3 OOC commitments and just play that 9th conference game now.

any other conference play a full round robin?

Ankf00
08-28-06, 02:19 PM
The ACC did & the Big Least still does.

SEC, ACC & Big XII have title games, making the purpose of round-robin moot.

Only Big Televen and Pac-10 don't have a clear cut champion.

nrc
08-28-06, 03:23 PM
Those are the seats for the first 4,000 sacrifices to be offered to the glorious Godzillatron. PRAISE BE TO GODZILLATRON!!Dude. It's a billboard. They spent 10 gazillion dollars on HD flat panels because nobody in Texas can color inside the lines. :gomer:

Ankf00
08-28-06, 03:30 PM
You are angering the all-powerful one. You have displeased Godzillatron. You must pay. :flame:

Besides, astronauts deserve to be able to read down & distance too. :p

Sean O'Gorman
08-28-06, 03:53 PM
Those are the seats for the first 4,000 sacrifices to be offered to the glorious Godzillatron. PRAISE BE TO GODZILLATRON!!

:rofl:

pkvracing12
08-28-06, 10:29 PM
GO BLUE!!

dando
08-28-06, 10:37 PM
GO BLUE!!
And take the Dead Wings with ya! :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
08-30-06, 02:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzillatron

The board has it's own Wiki entry. :saywhat: :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-30-06, 03:23 PM
If Godzillatron had been born prior to the David Koresh standoff up in Waco, he would've driven them out of the compound with only his menacing glare from 80+ miles away. :mad:

Mandell's reasons why ncaa > nfl

1) Fight songs performed by actual, live bands and written prior to 2003.

2) Tailgating at The Grove rather than some municipal parking lot.

3) Cheerleaders without silicone.

4) Stadiums without retractable roofs.

5) Players who actually make mistakes sometimes.

6) Star players who actually care about practices.

7) Coaches who actually talk about things other than safety blitzes from time to time.

8) Coaches who go for it on fourth-and-2.

9) Rivals that only play each other once a year.

10) Teams that still run the option.

11) Mobile quarterbacks who are actually allowed to run.

12) Walk-ons.

13) Students who dress up to go to the games.

14) Students who can roll out of bed and walk to the stadium.

15) Games with national-title implications in September.

16) Games with national-title implications in October.

17) Bear Bryant barking from a JumboTron seconds before Alabama takes the field.

18) A Seminole on a horse riding to midfield and throwing a flaming spear.

19) The Vol Walk, The Tiger Walk, the Dawg Walk, et al.

20) Every other tradition at every other school I haven't already mentioned.

ferrarigod
08-30-06, 04:05 PM
Michigan will be lucky to be beat like this next year. Every camera angle you can imagine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HHjWpxcFWbE&mode=related&search=

Ankf00
08-31-06, 05:31 PM
30 mins till kickoff. BC on ESPNHD :cool:

Even if it is vs. Directional Michigan... :o

Ankf00
08-31-06, 05:40 PM
Minnesota @ Kent State == $1 draughts

I suggest all alcoholic midwesterners don jort & jersey and head over to where the hell Kent State is located.

Football Christmas has arrived. (EDSBS is the best :thumbup: )

dando
08-31-06, 10:55 PM
Kelso's a sports-humor columnist, it's his schtick *shrug*

The AD's new campaign is somewhat offensive as it implies there's a behavior problem beyond the certain out of control students all schools not named Nebraska have. "Texas, make us proud." Uh, who is "us?" Last I checked, I'm an "us." I'm certainly not a "them." F the AD.

APD doesn't need to roll in riot gear on gameday nor advise visitors to travel in groups of 10 or more for safety from the couch burning mobs. APD doesn't stand by while witnessing fist fights break out, telling visitors "we can't make any arrests for that sorta activity until it gets out of hand." And I don't recall any olympic qualifying meets for the unopened-beer-can-throw around campus either.

But, sorry Kelso, I can not in good conscience holster the cleveland smack. It's just too tempting. :) Although, in the spirit of being good hosts, we could try to light Town Lake ablaze. You know, to make them feel at home...
Yet another piece (or POS) by Kelso appeared in the local rag today. I read many columns daily. I would not consider his humorous schtick. He's got a really hateful streak in him. But hey, if he really doesn't want ~40K Yankees dropping ca$h in his fair burg, I have no problem complying. It's one thing to drop in a few one-liner digs, but to go on a continuous rant like he has just shows immaturity. :shakehead

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-01-06, 10:11 AM
Yet another piece (or POS) by Kelso appeared in the local rag today. I read many columns daily. I would not consider his humorous schtick. He's got a really hateful streak in him. But hey, if he really doesn't want ~40K Yankees dropping ca$h in his fair burg, I have no problem complying. It's one thing to drop in a few one-liner digs, but to go on a continuous rant like he has just shows immaturity.

-Kevin

there's like 2 or 3 digs in that last one, don't be getting all ,,,, on me now :laugh: It's not like he called you guys out on your legions of jort & jersey clad 'stache wearers ;)

The Erwin Center, allegedly a UT institution, has rented itself out to the Ohio State Alumni Association for $10,000 so that the Ohio State marching band can play there for an afternoon party right before the Sept. 9 game against Texas.

This would have irked Erwin. He would have wanted at least $50,000.

oooouch! low blow! mocking the fact that Erwin was a control freak & money hoarding regent!

Either way, some of you Ohioans should stay home. The traffic's bad enough around here as it is without adding 35,000 to 40,000 people who are just going to confuse us by using their turn signals.And here he's insulting Austin drivers, *gasp* how dare he!

Either way, he's writing for Austinites, not Columbusonianers or whatever you folks might be. He's not a good writer, but he's alright from time to time. There's a reason he's at the Statesman and not the Dallas Morning News. It's like y'all are searching for something to bitch about because everyone coming down knows the hospitality on gameday will be 1000x better than last year :p

Meanwhile, if you do happen to make a redeye, I'll have your vagisil from last year on hand. You know, hospitality and all that :)

Ankf00
09-01-06, 10:51 AM
http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2006/06/21/sleeping-with-the-enemy/

http://static.flickr.com/68/171277037_6ac78b0f47_o.jpg

http://www.registerguard.com/rgn/images/uploads/gallery/oregon_state/2005111904.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/67/171401924_5be3580e82_o.jpg

Nike’s Oregon program is all geared toward catering to the athlete — not just in terms of the uniform’s performance-based aspects (which makes sense), but also in terms of aesthetics (which doesn’t, at least to me). They hold focus groups with the players, have the players submit design sketches, and so on. So if you think these unis look like they were designed by a bunch of 20-year-olds, well, to a certain extent they were. “They want to feel intimidating, like gladiators coming into the arena,” Van Horne told me. And about the diamondplate pattern, Hatfield said, “It’s basically a graphic representation of toughness. The players want to look tough – it’s a tough sport, there’s a lot of intimidation.”

ferrarigod
09-01-06, 04:03 PM
Nike sux. And convince Oregon to have about as much tradition as Wake Forest.

That being sad, I think the ugliest bright yellow setup is sooooooo neat. :gomer:

Note** It is often a complaint about UF that, 'UF has the tradition of Wake Forest and the arrogance of Notre Dame.' As a conscientious objector, I concur. Notre Dame sucks as well :D

Ankf00
09-02-06, 01:04 PM
warm migas, cold shiner, and ESPN Gameday despite its s*** ass intro song.

America, F*** Yeah! Perfect way to start a Saturday morning. :cool:

Ankf00
09-02-06, 02:55 PM
OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!! :flame:

FSN douche announer: "They're calling this new jumbotron "Godzillatron," but I don't know about that. Lets check some of these emails and see if we can't come up with something better."

:flame: We, hornfans.com, named our glorious Godzillatron. You, barely employed douchebag, shall be smoten in short order by Godzillatron's undeniable fury. :flame:

Ankf00
09-02-06, 03:49 PM
ABC is teh suck.

Stanford @ Oregon gets the bloody HD treatment but NIU @ tOSU doesn't?

what gives?

Sean O'Gorman
09-02-06, 03:55 PM
ABC is teh suck.

what gives?

west coast bias :gomer:

Tim
09-02-06, 04:11 PM
Big Ten has some lame first weekend matchups. If the Badgers lose to Bowling green I will be pissed. Hey Sean you should go to the game tonight. I'm sure this one didn't sell out.

coolhand
09-02-06, 04:15 PM
ABC is teh suck.

what gives?

NIU? :gomer:
North Texas? :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
09-02-06, 04:21 PM
Big Ten has some lame first weekend matchups. If the Badgers lose to Bowling green I will be pissed. Hey Sean you should go to the game tonight. I'm sure this one didn't sell out.

Stu wants me to go but I have no money to spend. :(

Dr. Corkski
09-02-06, 06:06 PM
Montana should be demoted to Division 2 after allowing 3 TDs to Drew Tate.

coolhand
09-02-06, 06:18 PM
watching Cal play at Tenn is surreal, Next year will be even more so.

Dr. Corkski
09-02-06, 06:21 PM
Nate Longshore sucks. Bring back Joesph Manb00bs.

coolhand
09-02-06, 06:33 PM
Nate Longshore sucks. Bring back Joesph Manb00bs.

I thought longshore was aupposed to be better then ayoob. Lynch is dropping balls.

Dr. Corkski
09-02-06, 06:41 PM
I thought longshore was aupposed to be better then ayoob. Lynch is dropping balls.But Manb00bs is the White Michael Vick. Longshore is passing like his balls haven't dropped yet. :gomer:

Colorado = :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

coolhand
09-02-06, 07:06 PM
But Manb00bs is the White Michael Vick. Longshore is passing like his balls haven't dropped yet. :gomer:

Colorado = :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They were one game form Big 12 champs last year. The Champ Game is a perfect system.

nrc
09-02-06, 07:09 PM
Gotta say I wasn't excited by what I saw from the Buckeyes today. Looks like another slow start. They'd better pick it up or they won't be No. 1 ten days from now. :(

coolhand
09-02-06, 07:25 PM
I am not too worried about Cal now

Lee Corso- "Cal will win it all"

Ankf00
09-02-06, 07:39 PM
It's the first weekend, teams start off slow, play sloppy. tOSU showed some explosiveness and a willingness to go vertical. Ginn's running better routes, looked pretty sharp despite the weak secondary making him look even better. Not so impressed with the team speed beyond him though.

Anything compared to last year's D will look sloppy, but I'm sure it will come around as they acclimate to game speed.

UT's D wasn't the sharpest at the start of the game but finished well. Colt McCoy looks solid with decision making so far, but he's getting the Roethlisberger treatment in terms of risk, but there were a few vertical plays where both he and Jevan Snead made good reads & good throws.

9/9 will be a good game, good O vs. Good D, sloppy O vs. sloppy D.

CU == :rofl: Barnett hasn't recruited **** lately, but I thought Hawkins' Chamelion offense would compensate for that, guess not

NIU @ tOSU / UNT @ UT >> Any Pac-10 creampuffs not named "USC" :gomer:

case in point? Cal :laugh:

They were one game form Big 12 champs last year. The Champ Game is a perfect system. If, as champions of the north, they beat the champions of the north, then yes, they earned it on the field. Much like Texas earned it on the field last year. (and for the record I prefer conferences to be capped at 8 teams w/ full round robin and 11 game sched, but that's me. regardless, Big XII, SEC, ACC & Big East have had true champions the past 10 years, the Pac-10 hasn't)

That was last year, which has little bearing on this year, but I'm sure you knew that :gomer:

coolhand
09-02-06, 07:53 PM
Lou Holtz "The question is not if Cal can compete with USC, it is can USC compete with Cal?"

coolhand
09-02-06, 07:56 PM
(and for the record I prefer conferences to be capped at 8 teams w/ full round robin and 11 game sched, but that's me. regardless, Big XII, SEC, ACC & Big East have had true champions the past 10 years, the Pac-10 hasn't)

That was last year, which has little bearing on this year, but I'm sure you knew that :gomer:

Not really but I don't need to defend the old system, the round robin works becuase you ahve to play every team.

Ankf00
09-02-06, 07:57 PM
good god, 5 games about to go down...

ABC == Irish @ Enginerds
TBS == UAB @ Okie
FSN == Mormon Lite @ Bear
ESPN == Condom @ Piggie
ESPN 2 == Wazzou @ one of those 23084200483 different southern teams named "Tigers"

Ankf00
09-02-06, 08:02 PM
Not really but I don't need to defend the old system, the round robin works becuase you ahve to play every team.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/BPMdotEXE/Random/O_RLY.jpg

now remind me again how many titles USC won w/ the round robin? oh right, zero

35-3 against the 2nd best team in the Pac-10, what was that excuse about "our defenses don't suck" again? I fergit... :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
09-02-06, 08:06 PM
Manb00bs actually threw a TD pass. To his own team. :laugh:

Ankf00
09-02-06, 08:07 PM
Now presenting Jack Bauer if he were gay :rofl:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/pfjunkie/chuck1.jpg

Ankf00
09-02-06, 08:11 PM
UAB 7
Dirt Burlgers 7

the Big XII is going to suck balls this year :laugh:

coolhand
09-02-06, 08:16 PM
now remind me again how many titles USC won w/ the round robin? oh right, zero

35-3 against the 2nd best team in the Pac-10, what was that excuse about "our defenses don't suck" again? I fergit... :gomer:

the pac-10 has always had a champ without some pointless gimmick money game. What was the rose bowl based on for 50 years ank?

coolhand
09-02-06, 08:18 PM
WSU is putting up a fight against Auburn. They have Heart.

Off Camber
09-02-06, 08:20 PM
Now presenting Jack Bauer if he were gay :rofl:
Chuck Norris vs. Godzillatron?

Ankf00
09-02-06, 08:24 PM
the pac-10 has always had a champ without some pointless gimmick money game. What was the rose bowl based on for 50 years ank?

a "champ" without a round-robin isn't a true champion. I'm not a fan of the title games, but they do serve the purpose of one pool of teams vs. another pool of teams.

extrapolating from your argument, Texas and USC didnt' defeat every team in the country last year, so who's to say they deserved the national title the past 2 years?

because they won within respective pool of teams, and then played another team that won against another pool of teams.

if the Pac10 had a title game you'd rave about how it was the greatest thing ever, much like with "we now play a round-robin" earlier contrasted against "what did we do the past 50 years?" just above.

Utah, UCLA, UAB, and Okies all tied at 7 :laugh:

coolhand
09-02-06, 08:27 PM
Utah, UCLA, UAB, and Okies all tied at 7 :laugh:

So who was that magical team that got to go to the rose bowl each year?

Ankf00
09-02-06, 08:40 PM
learn to construct an argument, you're all over the place now :laugh:

GREATEST OFFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF EVERYTHING!!!!! has yet to score in 10 minutes. ESPN studios in Bristol spontaneously combust. Beano Cook found dead in home, with robe, peanut butter, dog, and dagger thrust in his side.

coolhand
09-02-06, 08:46 PM
Answer, the Pac-10 champ. Playing 8 out of 9 was a pretty good conclusion. 9-9 wont make things any more clearer, buut rather will attribute to a tougher Sched.

Ankf00
09-02-06, 08:54 PM
Answer, the Pac-10 champ. Playing 8 out of 9 was a pretty good conclusion. 9-9 wont make things any more clearer, buut rather will attribute to a tougher Sched.
:laugh:

first it's rround robin is king, then it's well it isn't so important...

Dr. Corkski
09-02-06, 09:52 PM
Duke sucks.

racermike
09-02-06, 09:55 PM
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3056/ducksct5.jpg

Ankf00
09-02-06, 10:07 PM
that call on the punt return just now UAB vs. OU was ********.

UAB punts, OU return man catches it, a gunner has him by the ankles, another man comes in wraps him up, well before returner hits the ground the ball is stripped, refs blow the whistle after the ball's rolling on the ground & recovered by UAB, 15 yard waltz to the end zone

refs say unreviewable b/c it was ruled dead ball... only problem is that, and I noticed it when it happened & the replays clearly confirm it, the refs never blew the play dead anywhere in the same decade as when the ball popped out :saywhat:

that was a f'ing fumble :rolleyes:

ferrarigod
09-03-06, 01:17 AM
Went to the UF game. What a snoozer that was. The score doesn't indicate how close it honestly was. 35-7 was not what we deserved, and covering the spread was a joke.

OSU won, and i couldn't be more excited, but honestly UF and OSU looked like crap for most of the time.

OSU better get polished by next Sat, otherwise ANK is going to be annoying the **** outta me. :thumdown:

Ankf00
09-03-06, 05:44 PM
:D :thumbup: I aim to please!

Ankf00
09-04-06, 01:22 PM
Aaron Harris & Tarrell Brown in travis county jail for weed & firearms charges, you can look it up at the jail website: http://public.co.travis.tx.us/sips/default.aspx

bloody idiots :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

good thing we have depth in the secondary, unlike at LB, but still that's a starter from last year...

Ankf00
09-04-06, 01:28 PM
The Link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/barron/4161137.html)
Reggie Bush, speaking to Bob Costas for Costas Now at 8 p.m. Wednesday on HBO, says if the 2005 USC team played the 2005 Texas team, the Trojans would win nine out of 10 times " 'cause they (Texas) got that one (the Rose Bowl)." Guess he wasn't planning any laterals in the rematch. ...

:cry:

ferrarigod
09-04-06, 01:51 PM
The Link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/barron/4161137.html)

:cry:

Looks like even Reggie bought into all the hype from last year. Texas would beat USC 9/10 times. What a bunch of crap. One thing that Texas team wasn't was bad. They deserved the national championship, and USC deserves that 1 of the 3 they try to claim. F-ESPN. Wonder if Brady Quinn will be bitching next year when Notre Dame loses bad in the next 2 games.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0671899384.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

dando
09-04-06, 06:19 PM
Aaron Harris & Tarrell Brown in travis county jail for weed & firearms charges, you can look it up at the jail website: http://public.co.travis.tx.us/sips/default.aspx

bloody idiots

good thing we have depth in the secondary, unlike at LB, but still that's a starter from last year...
Good to see the team is focused on The OSU. :gomer: :p :shakehead

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-05-06, 12:11 AM
Looks like even Reggie bought into all the hype from last year. Texas would beat USC 9/10 times. What a bunch of crap. One thing that Texas team wasn't was bad. They deserved the national championship, and USC deserves that 1 of the 3 they try to claim. F-ESPN. Wonder if Brady Quinn will be bitching next year when Notre Dame loses bad in the next 2 games.there was a rose bowl highlight show on FSN tonight prior to FSU-Miami, at the end Rodney Peete: "They won the game, but we were the better team. They were better that night, on that night they were better. But we were the better team. The best team in football that year."

:laugh: I love it, if ESPN says it enough times its as if it becomes irrefutable truth... too bad being the better team doesn't necessarily mean you have corners with the talent to play man free or letterman linebackers faster than 4.6 or safeties who aren't on roids (the Ting brothers), all while playing in your own backyard. But Leinart, Bush, & Peete are right, they were better :gomer:

Ankf00
09-05-06, 12:23 AM
Balagia said that both Brown and Gatewood asked to be drug tested so that they could prove that they had not been smoking pot. Balagia said the gun belonged to Gatewood, who had purchased it "for recreational purposes," that is, target practice. Balagia said that Gatewood had forgotten to take the gun into his home. Brown, who is Gatewood's roommate, saw the gun on the floorboard and picked it up with intention of bringing it in, the lawyer said.
if it pans out that Gatewood has a carry permit & they're both clean, no harm then other than distracting the team.

Harris needs to be strung up and banned from hanging out with anyone still in school though, even if it was just a 1 oz blunt, that's 1 blunt too many for people with such a high public profile...

Dr. Corkski
09-05-06, 12:33 AM
Watched the game on ESPN2. It sucked in all 8 camera angles.

ferrarigod
09-05-06, 12:43 AM
Watched the game on ESPN2. It sucked in all 8 camera angles.

Is OSU/Texhas going to be full circle? That'd be neat--------o.

Ankf00
09-05-06, 12:43 AM
9 cameras if you count the wide shot of the stands on ESPN2HD :D

http://www.dispatch.com/football/football.php?story=209698

Everything is bigger in Texas, so no surprise that “The Rematch” is being billed in Austin as something bigger than Bevo the mascot (but smaller than Longhorns illegal booster payments). No matter the outcome, you can count on Sixth Street to be hopping and OSU fans to be called Yankees about 150,000 times.last I checked tOSU was the one handing out payments :saywhat: we pass out the other green :gomer:

ferrarigod
09-05-06, 12:49 AM
9 cameras if you count the wide shot of the stands on ESPN2HD :D

http://www.dispatch.com/football/football.php?story=209698
last I checked tOSU was the one handing out payments :saywhat: we pass out the other green :gomer:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going back to NYC tomorrow to work until December 23rd and a friend and I have already planned to go to the ESPN Zone in Times Square to watch the game.

:thumbup: Can't wait til Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ankf00
09-05-06, 12:55 AM
Thursday at 5:15, I'll be 2 hours and 30 minutes of Interstate from Darryl K Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium :thumbup: http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/smokin.gif

http://www.stadiumpanoramics.com/images/college/texas_longhorns_stadium_panoramic.jpg

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/cities/sanantonio/images/utmemorialstadium.jpg

Ankf00
09-05-06, 01:02 AM
How the north endzone will look after this next offseason...

http://www.bevosports.com/images/dkr_expansion.jpg

the master plan created under Mackovic (at least he was good for something other than UCLA 66-3, kick started the upgrade in facilities)
http://users.california.com/~csuppes/NCAA/Big12/Texas/pictures/29.jpg

couldn't build a tall upper deck when redoing the east stands (unlike the large upper on the west side) in the mid 90's b/c Ladybird Johnson's contract for the LBJ Library states that her office must have a direct view of downtown & the state capitol. she's practically blind now though so it doesn't really matter...

the stadiums' a bit of a joke b/c it currently sports 3 different architectural styles (the 70's west side, the horseshoe which has been around for decades which has the monuments & plaques commemorating and naming all 'horns who died in combat with the arched entry ways, and the mid 90's east side with its brick facade and spire bookends), and the sightlines are nowhere near as nice as at the 'shoe or the Cotton Bowl. It'd be nice if the sunk the field further and brought the seats in closer.

ferrarigod
09-05-06, 01:14 AM
That empty side sure leaves a bunch to be desired. At least OSU had temp. bleachers before they came up with the cash. Whats the deal with the open side? I know there is a story to it.

How is godzillatron going to affect the plans?

Ankf00
09-05-06, 11:05 AM
Texas Football went into the gutter when college football began pulling big money. So the improvements didn't start being planned for until Mackovick in '93 or so...

Footprint has been the same since the 20's. East & West & Horseshoe, with minor expansion. West side upper (the curved deck) built in '72 when we were winning titles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/img0062.gif

In '98, east upper & suites added, coinciding w/ Mack's first year. Track removed in '99, field sunken to add more seats. Again, all of this set in motion with Mackovic, he sucked as a coach but he was the impetus for our facilities spending spree. (And his offense kicks ass)

I like the open end zone with the field house look. Would prefer it capped for home field advantage/noise purposes, but the open end look, with the 6 massive flag poles we had sporting the 6 flags of Texas (Spain, Mexico, France, Texas, Confederacy, USA), the fieldhouse w/ the tunnel looked pretty nice. But that's all gone now b/c of Godzillatron.

Also when you're playing 11am games in Texas heat it lets a desperately needed breeze through the stands.

Godzillatron wasn't in the master plan, the AD saw Arkansas' board in '04 and wanted one. Honestly Godzillatron is one ugly creation, but I never said that... I guess we'll find out how wide aspect ratio HD jumbotrons fit into the master plan expansion when they cap the north end this offseason. I hope they don't screw it up like they did Godzillatron...

Capacity will be 95'ish with just 3 stands, I suppose the final end zone construction will put us at 105-110 range.

Ankf00
09-05-06, 01:54 PM
my favorite stat from last night.

Total Rushing Yards: 3.00

... and there you have it folks, the pride of the ACC :laugh:

dando
09-05-06, 02:09 PM
Is OSU/Texhas going to be full circle? That'd be neat--------o.

No chance in hell. The ESPN will have many other games to broadcast on their various cable channels Sat PM.

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-05-06, 02:16 PM
^^werd. my earlier post regarding that was in response to cork's post, not FG's. That and I don't think UT wants to be responsible for the causation of a rash of epileptic seizures around the nation.

Ankf00
09-05-06, 02:47 PM
It's on, bitches! Consensus #1 vs. Consensus #2 http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/smokin.gif

The Longhorns are 4-0 in No. 1 against No. 2 games, the latest coming last season when they beat USC in the Rose Bowl for the national title as the second-ranked team.

Ohio State is 2-0 in 1-2 games, the last coming in the 2002 Fiesta Bowl. The No. 2 Buckeyes beat top-ranked Miami in that game to win their last national title.

Racing Truth
09-05-06, 05:48 PM
my favorite stat from last night.

Total Rushing Yards: 3.00

... and there you have it folks, the pride of the ACC :laugh:

That was nothing short of awful last night. Great defenses, but there were guys on offense who just had no clue what they were doing.:shakehead :shakehead

^Yep, #1 v. #2. w00t!:cool:

dando
09-06-06, 11:32 AM
It's on, bitches! Consensus #1 vs. Consensus #2 http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/smokin.gif

Bring it, bitches. :cool:

All your Stubbs and Erwin Center is ours. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-06-06, 11:48 AM
Stubbs is overpriced and tasteless mediocre 'cue anyways. You can keep it :p

http://images18.fotki.com/v342/photos/7/798917/2951386/texas1280-vi.jpg

dando
09-06-06, 12:10 PM
Stubbs is overpriced and tasteless mediocre 'cue anyways. You can keep it :p

Tell that to Kelso...he's the one with his panties in a wad over it. :gomer: Oh, and it's not about the 'que. Stubbs is a landmark, and you know it. :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-06-06, 12:19 PM
Oh, and it's not about the 'que. Stubbs is a landmark, and you know it. :p

-Kevin

It's a great place to watch a small summer show, no doubt. It's a horrible place to be if you're stuck with nothing but fat pasty white chicks & mullet sporting dudes donning jorts & jersey :gomer: Jorts == swimmin' jeans if you need to ask... ;)

Scholz's Biergarten is the "landmark" in the context you refer to. And, well, Scholz is ours :p

Seriously though, I'd tell Finnish Homer Simpson to meet me at Scholz's unless you think he'll die fraternizing with the locals... Scholz's >> Stubb's at any time not during a show.

RHR_Fan
09-06-06, 12:41 PM
Go Badgers!

Although we're not the #1 party school anymore...

Ankf00
09-06-06, 12:49 PM
Earl Campbell is now 9 feet tall and 1,500 lbs, and makes his return to DKR on September 9th, 2006.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/randywillis/image_4703142.jpg

He shall serve as protector and gatekeeper for those who wish to be graced with Godzillatron's presence. Earl will inflict swift justice upon those who dare to defy Godzillatron. :mad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/earl.gif