PDA

View Full Version : What's that smell?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

dando
10-19-06, 06:29 PM
They didn't replace it 2 days before the game and turn it into large chunks of sod?(the merciless)

If'n yer referring to The Shoe, the turf was replaced the week following PSU, which is when the Bucks were feasting on Hawkeye. We had some bad weather the two weeks b4 BG, which I believe affected the turf from taking hold. Hence it looked like crap against BG. Hopefully it will be OK tomorrow, but we've had a wet Sept and Oct, which is unusual for oHIo. No worries, my guess is there will be Field Turf in The Shoe soon enough. :saywhat: Tress, et al. have a hardon to get the state foosball championship games back in The Shoe. *shrug*

Jack is dotting the I this weekend, which will be sweet. :thumbup:

-Kevin

ferrarigod
10-19-06, 06:33 PM
Jack is dotting the I this weekend, which will be sweet. :thumbup:

-Kevin

oh yea? i hadn't heard that.:saywhat:

:D

dando
10-19-06, 06:40 PM
definitive proof that JoePa sharded his pants . . . . .

http://igottarant.com/showthread.php?p=25734

Well, it was raining pretty good in the 1st half.... ;)

-Kevin

dando
10-19-06, 06:41 PM
oh yea? i hadn't heard that.:saywhat:

Well, you told me so.... :p

-Kevin

ferrarigod
10-21-06, 10:00 AM
NU Football 1991-2002: 5 national championship game appearances, 3 national titles. Only team to win in Lincoln during that time? Nebraska

Good luck today. The super secret members said it is under 40 degrees and raining. Don't know the last time UT played in that.

schuck'em skers!!!!!

Ankf00
10-21-06, 11:18 AM
Colt's from the high plains, I think he'll be alright ;)

rabbit
10-21-06, 02:43 PM
"Hey, I know, in the middle of a long touchdown play, let's cut to a crowd shot of the guy's brother!" :shakehead FABC

Ankf00
10-21-06, 03:18 PM
^^^ I said the same thing. douchebags :saywhat:

in other news, it's time for gregdavissucks.com to make a comeback

1st down at the 6 yard line, 8 yard line, 13 yard line == 6 points

Ankf00
10-21-06, 03:21 PM
AARON ROSS IS MY HOMEBOY!

coolhand
10-21-06, 03:58 PM
Damn ABC did not broadcast the game over here.

dando
10-21-06, 04:08 PM
MSU comesback from down 38-3?!? On the road. :eek: I mean are you kidding me or what? :eek:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-21-06, 05:01 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/espntv/topics/coveragemaps/map102106_12.jpg

you guys get SJSU @ Nevada. Talk about sucks.

Spicoli
10-21-06, 06:19 PM
w00000000000000000000000000ooot!:D :D :D

http://www.kickoffzone.com/articles/images/NotreDame_Logo1.jpg

dando
10-21-06, 06:53 PM
^^^

Let me get this straight, ya'll were 13 pt. faves against a pedestrian Bruins squad @ home, eek out a victory in the final seconds, and ya go around beating yer chest? :laugh: :laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-21-06, 07:05 PM
^^^ so? domers thank god for every day their grabass secondary doesn't cost them another game :)

dando
10-21-06, 07:59 PM
^^^ so? domers thank god for every day their grabass secondary doesn't cost them another game :)

Well I for one don't go around pumping my fist when The OSU wins a game they should. Otherwise I'd bragging about punking IU today. :) The again, there's only one letter difference b/w domer and :gomer:. :D

-Kevin

Spicoli
10-22-06, 11:04 AM
^^^

Let me get this straight, ya'll were 13 pt. faves against a pedestrian Bruins squad @ home, eek out a victory in the final seconds, and ya go around beating yer chest? :laugh: :laugh:

-Kevin

Yes.:D

a win is a win.

coolhand
10-22-06, 01:58 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

ND almost lost to the gutties w/o Ben Olson, if they had a good coach they might of won.

after this weekend with cal going to OT with Stanback-less Washington, Oregon losing to Wazzou, and ND playing UCLA close I think we can run the table. Michigan did not look to super agianst Iowa either.

Dr. Corkski
10-22-06, 06:20 PM
Michigan was without Manningham.

Ankf00
10-22-06, 06:44 PM
Michigan's 20-6 over Iowa was still more impressive than the last 3 USC wins, 7 points over ASU, 6 over u dub, 6 over wazzou

coolhand
10-22-06, 07:56 PM
Michigan's 20-6 over Iowa was still more impressive than the last 3 USC wins, 7 points over ASU, 6 over u dub, 6 over wazzou

I could use the excuse that we did not Have Jarret or Smith Healthy, like Michigan is using about Manningham. Also we had our best DT out for those 3 games.

Everyone is alowed to make excuses excpet USC it seems. Herbie says we should apologize for our close victories.

dando
10-22-06, 09:31 PM
Yes.:D

a win is a win.

Like I said, there's only one letter difference b/w domer and :gomer:. :)

And oh, BTW, in the eyes of the polls, there are shades of Ws.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
10-23-06, 11:31 AM
Spic, sorry but ND is going to finish ranked lower than they are now and I'm betting out of the BCS. Shoulda lost to State and UCLA. Spanked by UofM. Their reputation is holding up the rating. Someone's going to beat them good. Fun to watch if you are a fan though.

On the other hand, Rutgers is up to 16 this morning. Physically beat the crap out of Pitt this week. Will demolish UConn this Sunday night on national TV and then go at Louisville at home. A win might put them in the top 10 or 12. Rice is a legit Heisman candidate. #2 in total defense, #3 in scoring defense and #12 in rushing defense. Dominating running game. Smart, solid play. Suck ass Rutgers getting good is the best story in college football this year.

Then again losses to Louisville and WV just puts them in the middle of the Big East again.

Spicoli
10-23-06, 01:00 PM
public school kids are jealous. :gomer:

go cheer on another vowel state team. or pick a rectangle.:tony:

ferrarigod
10-23-06, 01:27 PM
Spic, sorry but ND is going to finish ranked lower than they are now and I'm betting out of the BCS.

ESPN hype DICKtates that if ND is ranked in the Top 25, ND will play in a BCS game. Especially with 5 major bowls this year, they are pretty much assured a slot every year.

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

Always tBest, Always tOSU. Alright, I gotta go the tBathroom.

Ankf00
10-23-06, 01:57 PM
if ND loses to USC they might not be top 12 at end of season, especially if it's a depantsing in the Coliseum

ferrarigod
10-23-06, 06:35 PM
if ND loses to USC they might not be top 12 at end of season, especially if it's a depantsing in the Coliseum

That won't stop them from placing ND in a BCS game though.

Ankf00
10-23-06, 07:22 PM
assuming ND loses to USC, and take typical win/loss stuff, you still have OSU, Michigan, WVU, USC UT, 1 loss Lville, Auburn, UF, Tenn (if they beat LSU & Arky), Clemson or BC, Cal (if they can beat USC), undefeated Boise perhaps, 1 loss wisky all in the mix.

ND also plays USC on thanksgiving weekend. So their 2nd loss will hurt them more than 2 loss OU, a potential 2 loss Arky or Tennessee. Only UCLA/USC & the title games in Dec will help them out if they lose that late.

They might not be top 14 after all that for at-large eligibility...

ferrarigod
10-23-06, 09:57 PM
assuming ND loses to USC, and take typical win/loss stuff, you still have OSU, Michigan, WVU, USC UT, 1 loss Lville, Auburn, UF, Tenn (if they beat LSU & Arky), Clemson or BC, Cal (if they can beat USC), undefeated Boise perhaps, 1 loss wisky all in the mix.

ND also plays USC on thanksgiving weekend. So their 2nd loss will hurt them more than 2 loss OU, a potential 2 loss Arky or Tennessee. Only UCLA/USC & the title games in Dec will help them out if they lose that late.

That's all fine and dandy, but if there is a way, it will happen. Beside Manica, Domer Gomers are the #2 thing espEn hypes.

Ankf00
10-24-06, 02:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mn6twp2Fiw

^^^ what's with the cheesy 90's era NBA-style intro music at Nebraska Memorial Stadium?

The Alan Parsons Project? Are you f***ing kidding me?

:laugh:

ferrarigod
10-25-06, 02:04 PM
Jabba the Domer complaining. He doens't like it when his losers aren't the media darlings.:cry:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2637561

dando
10-25-06, 02:07 PM
Jabba the Domer complaining. He doens't like it when his losers aren't the media darlings.:cry:

Perhaps Anypoo should send Porky Weiss his statistical analysis of the computer polls. :gomer: And as I stated earlier, there are shades of Ws that will affect the human polls, and the fact that PSU and MSU have struggled of late doesn't help make those Ws look very sexy. Oh, and the miracle vs. UCLA.... :laugh:

-Kevin

ferrarigod
10-25-06, 02:14 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/imsickoflosing/charliemedium.jpg

Ankf00
10-25-06, 02:34 PM
and the fact that PSU and MSU have struggled of late doesn't help make those Ws look very sexy.

like that affected them last year w/ quality win vs. 7-5 Michigan :saywhat:

dando
10-25-06, 02:36 PM
like that affected them last year w/ quality win vs. 7-5 Michigan :saywhat:

Porky Weiss' honeymoon. Everyone in the media was drinking the Kool Aid from the SC near miss, and hailing Porky as the chosen one. That is until The OSU revealed the Domer King's new clothes. :)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
10-25-06, 02:38 PM
You all are a bunch of godless sodomites. :gomer:

Ankf00
10-25-06, 02:48 PM
Porky Weiss' honeymoon. Everyone in the media was drinking the Kool Aid from the SC near miss, and hailing Porky as the chosen one. That is until The OSU revealed the Domer King's new clothes. :)

-Kevin

ND's preseasons rankings says no one watched the Fiesta Bowl :saywhat:

dando
10-25-06, 03:06 PM
ND's preseasons rankings says no one watched the Fiesta Bowl :saywhat:

Kool Aid enemas were provided to the media. ;) :saywhat: What can ya say...optimism is eternal in the pre-season polls. Hence why UM and UT north were ranked in the pre-season top 5 last season, and finished unranked. If ya haven't got it yet, generally the media wants ND to succeed. It's a warm and fuzzy relationship b/w the media and ND...must be something to do with God or something. :irked:

-Kevin

ferrarigod
10-25-06, 05:26 PM
It's a warm and fuzzy relationship b/w the media and ND...must be something to do with God or something. :irked:

-Kevin

I'd say it has to do more with the dumb, fair weather, buy into anything from ND, golden homer domer gomer fanbase that is the determining factor for the hype.

Al Czervik
10-25-06, 05:44 PM
Keep up the Domer hate!

Prediction: After a serious beating in whatever bowl they play in, ND will suddenly be able to recruit any player they want.

Wins will go up, a Championship (or 2) will be won, a big NBC extension will be signed, then the admin will be tired of reading the police blotter every Monday. They'll run Fat Chuck outta town, and back to 10 - 15 years of mediocraty.

Football absolutely runs that University. They need a NC soon, or the big checks will stop coming in.

Ankf00
10-25-06, 06:24 PM
man their uniforms have changed. I did like Miami's retro unis they flashed last year, green & gold seems much more college football. And prefer Florida's throwbacks from this year too...

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/historical/1977_si.jpg

eiregosod
10-25-06, 09:20 PM
What's that smell?

Ammonia.

ferrarigod
10-26-06, 08:23 AM
ferarrigod -

You definitely made the right choice about which Florida schoool because UF sucks! hehe, take it with a grain of salt, I'm a huge UGA fan.

Ready for Fla/Ga this weekend? I flew down to Jax last week for a wedding in Gainesville, so I decided not to fly out for this game as I believe I'll be heading to Columbus for OSU/UM even if I can't get tickets. Still the 'Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party' should be a blast. Should be cheaper to change my ticket than buy a new one for that weekend to CMH. Delta says all you have to do is pay 50 bucks and the difference. CMH tickets are cheaper, so all I'll pay is 50 more. Neat.

Go Gators. I'll be watching from the comfort of a bar in Manhattan. drunk.:D

dando
10-26-06, 02:50 PM
Bad, Smokey, Bad!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2639328

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
10-26-06, 03:01 PM

I don't understand what he's complaining about. From where I sit, the voters do a lot of stupid things that don't make any sense; suddenly they do something logical and he flips out. Go figure.

I think, collectively, the idiots that vote in these polls should be rounded up and either ...

A) shot, twice.
B) sold into slavery somewhere far, far away.

I don't get the mentality that if you win you should move up and if you lose you should move down, period. Suppose you're #10 and you go play #1 on the road and lose by 3. Most of the idiots voting in these polls see the score and say "hey, they lost, gotta move 'em down to #14." WTF? If you're #10, and you play #1 on the road, aren't you supposed to lose? Why is it obligatory to punish you for failing to pull off an upset? How does it suddenly become impossible for you to lose to #1 and still be the 10th best team in the country?

Between this and the utter stupidity of hyping guys for the Heisman 6 months before the season starts, I've pretty much had about all the college football I can stand. :mad:

Ankf00
10-26-06, 03:07 PM
Heisman should be renamed to The ESPN Popularity Poll

preseason polls should not exist. let teams play 5-6 weeks, then release a poll.

Andrew Longman
10-26-06, 03:12 PM

Aw Ank, were is Rutgers in there? You say they won't get past WV but beating Louisville is possible even likely IMO. They've gotta move up a lot. That shoots ND even lower.

ferrarigod
10-28-06, 12:09 PM
Navy
North Carolina
Army
Air Force.

wow. good luck to Notre Dame today against Navy and in the coming weeks with a schedule that I can't even fathom.

Go Armed Forces!!!!!!

Spicoli
10-28-06, 03:26 PM
http://flagplanet.com/images/notredamelg.jpg

:p

Dr. Corkski
10-28-06, 04:11 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2752/templ2648mg2.gif

Spicoli
10-28-06, 04:26 PM
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/College/NCAAs-t/Templ_2648.gif

i got your red x and raise you this.

http://i10.tinypic.com/42o120m.jpg

:tony:

Ankf00
10-28-06, 07:09 PM
http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1028/ncf_a_oregonstate_412.jpg

jcollins28
10-28-06, 07:13 PM
Damn today is a beautiful today....Just gorgeous...

ROFLMAO....way to go Troy freaking Nancy boys. This will not be the last loss that USC will take on the chin this year either.

coolhand
10-28-06, 07:20 PM
Damn today is a beautiful today....Just gorgeous...

ROFLMAO....way to go Troy freaking Nancy boys. This will not be the last loss that USC will take on the chin this year either.

What do you have to cheer about? You seem more interested in SC then your team

coolhand
10-28-06, 07:21 PM
http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1028/ncf_a_oregonstate_412.jpg

Well that sucked, especially when you put up 404 yards in the air. 4 turnovers does it.

nrc
10-28-06, 07:24 PM
The Kirk Herbstreit conspiracy to deprive USC of their rightful place in the national title game finally bares fruit. By controlling his media empire and army of Herbstreit zombie poll voters he finally crushed their confidence and brought them down to defeat. BWAH ha ha!

jcollins28
10-28-06, 07:25 PM
What do you have to cheer about? You seem more interested in SC then your team

My two favorite teams, UCLA and who ever is playing USC.

coolhand
10-28-06, 07:30 PM
My two favorite teams, UCLA and who ever is playing USC.

Is UCLA playing today? I have no idea.

one more thing, I am honored this is the first place you posted after the game. :gomer:

gloat all you want when you beat us. we would deserve it

rabbit
10-28-06, 07:41 PM
The Kirk Herbstreit conspiracy to deprive USC of their rightful place in the national title game finally bares fruit. By controlling his media empire and army of Herbstreit zombie poll voters he finally crushed their confidence and brought them down to defeat. BWAH ha ha!

jcollins28
10-28-06, 07:42 PM
Is UCLA playing today? I have no idea.

one more thing, I am honored this is the first place you posted after the game. :gomer:

gloat all you want when you beat us. we would deserve it

Yeah UCLA is playing on ABC right now. Playing the same team you barely beat last week.

Dr. Corkski
10-28-06, 07:47 PM
Might as well get that loss to an OSU out of the way. :laugh:

coolhand
10-28-06, 08:08 PM
Yeah UCLA is playing on ABC right now. Playing the same team you barely beat last week.

we had a bye last week:gomer: and ASU before that.

coolhand
10-28-06, 08:09 PM
Might as well get that loss to an OSU out of the way. :laugh:

yep:\

jcollins28
10-28-06, 08:14 PM
we had a bye last week:gomer: and ASU before that.

When did you guys play WSU? I thought it was a few weeks ago that you slid by them by the skin of your teeth. Then again USC has barely been getting by everyone so all those close calls have just kind of blended into each other. :gomer:

coolhand
10-28-06, 08:26 PM
When did you guys play WSU? I thought it was a few weeks ago that you slid by them by the skin of your teeth. Then again USC has barely been getting by everyone so all those close calls have just kind of blended into each other. :gomer:

better then 3 losses

If UCLA loses today how am I supposed to feel? after all my team lost too. I have not been in this position in awhile. Maybe I can learn from your experience

One more thing, do you have internet at the Rose Bowl or somthing, how are you posting from there?

jcollins28
10-28-06, 10:43 PM
better then 3 losses

If UCLA loses today how am I supposed to feel? after all my team lost too. I have not been in this position in awhile. Maybe I can learn from your experience

One more thing, do you have internet at the Rose Bowl or somthing, how are you posting from there?

How much longer will UCLA be cursed with Karl Dorrell? He lucked into a 10-2 record last year and will get to use the excuse of injuries this year to the boosters. So sadly we will be saddled with him for yet another year. This guy is not fit to coach a high school team let alone a Div I program. :thumdown:

dando
10-28-06, 10:44 PM
A great day in The Shoe (despite the frigging wind):

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2641971

:cool:

Oh and the Bucks won 44-0. :thumbup:

Bring on them Wolverine bitches. :D

-Kevin

ferrarigod
10-28-06, 10:58 PM
USC lost.

UF won.

All OSU's won.

Awesome.

Now ND will get beat by USC, and UF will beat Auburn, and the National Championship game will be UF/OSU.

Can't wait.:cool:

coolhand
10-28-06, 10:59 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

How much longer will UCLA be cursed with Karl Dorrell? He lucked into a 10-2 record last year

That is not what you said. How many times did we hear you would beat us last year and that you were better becuase "At least we won out bowl game". You guys were all towing the KD is great line last year.

and will get to use the excuse of injuries this year to the boosters. So sadly we will be saddled with him for yet another year. This guy is not fit to coach a high school team let alone a Div I program. :thumdown:

Good thing you gave him the 5 year extension this year after his materfully crafted 10-2 season.

One more thing, I am at a loss for words Jason. UCLA lost and USC lost. How am I supposed to respond? Should I be happy like you are and follow your past examples of starting another thread? Or just be concerned with my team?

coolhand
10-28-06, 11:00 PM
USC lost.

UF won.

All OSU's won.

Awesome.

Now ND will get beat by USC, and UF will beat Auburn, and the National Championship game will be UF/OSU.

Can't wait.:cool:

You are forgetting about Arkansas throwing a wrench in that senario.

jcollins28
10-28-06, 11:41 PM
Lou Holtz doesn't stop. He just talked about the Irish having the door open for them to make the NC because of USC losing. Only to forget to mention UF, AU, etc. I can't believe they let him go on. Notre Dame has got to be using some money to pay ESPN off to keep Lou. Maybe they write it off as advertising money.

http://www.uniquephotography.com/Lou%20Holtz%20original.jpg
Nathionaaal Thampionthip

coolhand
10-28-06, 11:43 PM
I like how Cal and ND people think they have already beat USC. TThem comming in overconfident will make it more fun.

jcollins28
10-28-06, 11:45 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

That is not what you said. How many times did we hear you would beat us last year and that you were better becuase "At least we won out bowl game". You guys were all towing the KD is great line last year.

Good thing you gave him the 5 year extension this year after his materfully crafted 10-2 season.

One more thing, I am at a loss for words Jason. UCLA lost and USC lost. How am I supposed to respond? Should I be happy like you are and follow your past examples of starting another thread? Or just be concerned with my team?

I have never been on the K/D band wagon. The only joy I get is when SC loses. Yes it is cheap and sad but remember when you guys had a guy named Hackett on the sidelines? I think you can relate to what I'm saying. I just want Karl on the next train out of Westwood.

Spicoli
10-28-06, 11:46 PM
haters. we win, you lose.

deal with it.:gomer:

dando
10-29-06, 12:08 AM
haters. we win, you lose.

deal with it.:gomer:

Check the scoreboard, homey.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?confId=null&date=20060102&gameId=260020194

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262590087

If you want another helping of whoop @ss, bring it on bitches! :gomer:

Domer = :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-29-06, 04:23 AM

East Coast Bias :tony:

Ankf00
10-29-06, 04:44 AM
I like how Cal and ND people think they have already beat USC. TThem comming in overconfident will make it more fun.

yea, I know exactly what mean man.

06 Rose Bowl was the sweetest win I ever experienced, and it had nothing to do with the national title. :spoiledbratastic:

Ankf00
10-29-06, 05:15 AM
and I forgot...

Aaron Ross is my MOTHER F***IN' HOMEBOY!!!

jcollins28
10-29-06, 07:28 PM
OFFICIAL BCS Rankings 10/29/2006-11/4/2006

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. West Virginia
4. Florida
5. Louisville
6. Auburn
7. Texas
8. USC
9. ND
10. Cal

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

LOL @ Holtz. I can only imagine how pissed he must be right now. Coolhand one of my biggest beefs with USC is there over the top homer fans who think USC invented football. You are the most level headed SC fan I have ever talked with. Most of the SC fans around here and ones I run into are of the Bandwagon variety.

ferrarigod
10-29-06, 07:33 PM
Most of the SC fans around here and ones I run into are of the Bandwagon variety.

That's because they didn't have many fans until of late. People stopped paying attention along time ago. Now all the 'smart' trojan fans are out acting like they own the world. That's my problem with USC, and at time UF as well. I respect the football at both schools, but sometimes can't stand being a fan with those at UF.

ferrarigod
10-29-06, 07:44 PM
Jack Nicklaus dotting the i.

http://www.mililanibuckeye.net/clips/jack_dots_the_i.mpg

:thumbup:

Ankf00
10-29-06, 08:41 PM
You are the most level headed SC fan I have ever talked with.

You, obviously, didn't keep up with OC much during the 2005 season :laugh:

ferrarigod
10-30-06, 01:30 PM
There hasn't been a post here in well over 12 hours. So just wanted to say, USC lost, and when ND loses to USC, UF is playing Ohio State for the National Championship

f00god is ghey.

Andrew Longman
10-30-06, 02:03 PM
There hasn't been a post here in well over 12 hours. So just wanted to say, USC lost, and when ND loses to USC, UF is playing Ohio State for the National Championship

f00god is ghey.

SC or ND winning or losing won't mean much either way.

WV, Louisville or Rutgers will be playing OSU for the national championship.

My heart says it will be Rutgers v UofM

My head says OSU beats UofM, WV beats Louisville. RU beats Louisville, but loses to WV.

Actually my head says the BCS will find some way to screw the Big East out of the title game.

ferrarigod
10-30-06, 02:11 PM
Actually my head says the BCS will find some way to screw the Big East out of the title game.

my head says that also, and as someone who doesn't think much of the Big East post Miami(and as someone who didn't think much of the big east even with Miami), I agree.

ferrarigod
10-30-06, 02:16 PM
Ok, Andrew brought up something interesting to me as I sit and eat lunch.

Lets hear who you all have for the National Championship match up going into the first week of November. Vote for your head, and what you have in your heart.

Head:
Ohio State vs. West Virginia

Heart:
Ohio State vs. UF

coolhand
10-30-06, 03:15 PM
There is still a chance the big east will commit hari kari and mak them all one loss teams

ferrarigod
10-30-06, 03:28 PM
There is still a chance the big east will commit hari kari and mak them all one loss teams

and then again, the bcs will have dodged a bullet.

got any Nat'l Championship predictions coolhand?

Dr. Corkski
10-30-06, 03:43 PM
Stanford Cardinal vs. Arizona Cardinals.

ferrarigod
10-30-06, 03:52 PM
Stanford Cardinal vs. Arizona Cardinals.

Matt Leinart sucks.

:p

seriuosly, give a prediction Doctor Cork.

Don Quixote
10-30-06, 04:39 PM
Seems that the National Championship game has been moved up to November 18. :p

ferrarigod
10-30-06, 04:45 PM
Seems that the National Championship game has been moved up to November 18. :p

hahahaha. indeed.:thumbup:

coolhand
10-30-06, 08:27 PM
and then again, the bcs will have dodged a bullet.

got any Nat'l Championship predictions coolhand?

nope. It depends on the UM OSU game. The computers will do enough to put UM behind one loss Texas and USC and a One loss SEC team. But If the Humans deem the loser of that game #2 or somthing then who knows what happens.

SC has the computer edge if if finishes with one loss and the human polls can help if it wins big over Cal and ND. Texas will probably win out but it does not have any big games to help them, so their future depends how everthing else shakes out.

The SEC projections seem to keep Arkansas out of the race for it.

ferrarigod
10-30-06, 09:34 PM
nope. It depends on the UM OSU game.

Well the point of predicting is thinking who you would win. So if it depends on that game, the who wins? And who will be the 1 loss SEC team?

dando
10-31-06, 11:45 AM
The Shoe gets its third field this season:

http://dispatch.com/football/football.php?story=dispatch/2006/10/31/20061031-C1-01.html

:saywhat:

That field was perfect the past 5 seasons, but went south this season. The unusually wet wx in Sept and Oct just made it worse. The second field got hit with heavy rain and then cold temps, and just never took. It looked pathetic on Sat. :\ Hopefully they'll get it right this time for The Game.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-31-06, 12:21 PM
WVU-Lville in 2 days

you can already hear the dueling banjos off in the distance...

Andrew Longman
10-31-06, 12:38 PM
WVU-Lville in 2 days

Careful there dude. I've been challenged to find signs of intelligent life in TX too (not quite so hard as OK).

But I know what you mean. Rutgers' visit to Morgantown next month will have all the makings for a My Cousin Vinnie remake.:)

dando
10-31-06, 01:05 PM
WVU-Lville in 2 days

Wx looks good for the game. Let's get it on! :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-31-06, 02:46 PM
Careful there dude. I've been challenged to find signs of intelligent life in TX too (not quite so hard as OK).

The State of Texas has officially refused to recognize the bustling ewe-trading metropolis of Bryan/College Station as belonging to the state.

But even then, A&M wipes the floor with the Scarlet Turnpikes any day of the week and thrice on Saturdays :gomer:

ferrarigod
10-31-06, 02:51 PM
Wx looks good for the game. Let's get it on! :thumbup:

-Kevin

Good thing all the undeafeated Big East's play each other. Here's hoping they take each other out.

I don't want to see a OSU/Louisville, OSU/Rutgers game.