PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Season

Pages : 1 [2]

Insomniac
01-08-07, 11:20 AM
:rofl:

yea, the matchups were a joke, even WVU vs. GT was supposed to be a gimme against an underclassman qb starting his 1st game. however, the big east has played some solid football this season, none of the teams played at a top 5 level but they are leaps and bounds from where they used to be, and they're definitely better than the ACC :laugh: Big East is moving north.

I know they can never win, but it's ridiculous to use them going 1-4 or 1-5 last year to make a point about how weak they are and then s2aying going 5-0 doesn't mean much. I know you're saying they're moving up, but still, they won all 5 games.

Andrew Longman
01-08-07, 11:28 AM
They didn't pick their opponents and after the Miami, VT and BC defections they lost some bowl games.

Sure, but the Big East didn't get much respect and perhaps now they've earned a bit more.

BTW, #1 recruit in the state, Anthony Davis, who everyone thought would go to tOSU, announced on Sat. he was going to Rutgers. 6-5 340 Tackle who will start at G next year and then move to LT. First time ever the #1 recruit stayed in state. Ray Rice talked him into it.

That prompted blue chip 6-8 310 Richard Muldrow to shun PSU and WV to also stay.

It seems they've hit the tipping point.

Ankf00
01-08-07, 11:38 AM
I know they can never win, but it's ridiculous to use them going 1-4 or 1-5 last year to make a point about how weak they are and then s2aying going 5-0 doesn't mean much. I know you're saying they're moving up, but still, they won all 5 games.

And Texas Tech goes 4-0 in non conf playing 1-AA & Directional State, that means just as little. They were weak last year because of their regular season play, the bowl record just emphasized it. This year's bowl record would make seem elite, which they're not, ECU, WMU, KSU as Longman mentioned, but from regular season play they are every bit as competitive as most other BCS conf if you take away that conference's top 5 team. SEC being deeper, ACC far, far worse.

all in all, for the short term it seems the big east trumped the ACC, if they can hold onto that momentum and build some facilities to compete nationally they can be a force. Petrino leaving might be a good thing if his successor is in it for the long term.

Ankf00
01-08-07, 11:45 AM
It seems they've hit the tipping point.

:thumbup:

skaven
01-08-07, 01:10 PM
On behalf of dando - 5 reasons why Ivan Maisel says OSU will win:

1. Jim Tressel - big in big games (undefeated in BCS games)
2. QB - Troy Smith - heisman winner
3. Solid kicking game
4. Better defense than last year. Can handle the mis-direction plays.
5. Arizona karma - played and won in AZ often

On behalf of skaven - 5 reasons why Ivan Maisel says UF will upset OSU:

1. Urban Meyer - undefeated in bowl games and rivalry games
2. 2 QB system works. Defense must prepare for 2 systems

(actually, the other 3 were bogus (sesame street ***** like the #6... Spurrier won Heisman in 1966, 1996 national title... 2006, Gators must win). I guess he doesn't think we have a chance either...

We're doomed... :(

Dr. Corkski
01-08-07, 01:21 PM
Ivan Maisel also said Drew Tate is the best QB in the Big Televen before the season started.

skaven
01-08-07, 01:24 PM
Ivan Maisel also said Drew Tate is the best QB in the Big Televen before the season started.

SWEET ! ! ! ! :thumbup:

Hopefully he'll be wrong again, as we all know (thanks to you), that Drew Tate sucks. :gomer:

Ankf00
01-08-07, 01:34 PM

to his credit though, the national media outside of Iowa City & Houston are completely unaware of Drew Tate's status as the biggest whiney, me-first, crybaby, brat in D1 ball with 0 leadership ability whatsoever.

This is the guy who went out of state because after his verbal to aggy his sophmore year he burnt every bridge within 1500 miles by running his mouth. Then RC was fired and Reggie was Fran's starter. Everyone associated with Baytown Lee HS, aside from Coach Stepdad, still hates him and he was all-world at the time.

skaven
01-08-07, 01:47 PM
It has already been established in this thread that bowl victories are often not indicative of conference strengths etc., but I'd like to point out nonetheless that 10 UF opponents went to bowl games and finished 7-3. 7 OSU opponents went to bowl games and finished 3-4.

We deserve to be the underdog and don't stand a chance, etc., but we did play some tough teams just to get to tonight's game.

Can't wait until kickoff....

Ankf00
01-08-07, 01:55 PM
lville wastes no time, Kragthorpe's the new man, might actually convince Brohm to stay.

sucks for Tulsa, but can't blame him for taking the first flight outta mobilehoma

Don Quixote
01-08-07, 02:18 PM
to his credit though, the national media outside of Iowa City & Houston are completely unaware of Drew Tate's status as the biggest whiney, me-first, crybaby, brat in D1 ball with 0 leadership ability whatsoever.

This is the guy who went out of state because after his verbal to aggy his sophmore year he burnt every bridge within 1500 miles by running his mouth. Then RC was fired and Reggie was Fran's starter. Everyone associated with Baytown Lee HS, aside from Coach Stepdad, still hates him and he was all-world at the time.
In Columbus last year, he went off on his teammates and offensive line worse than anyone I have ever seen since Bert Jones. He did this mostly because he couldn't read defenses fast enough to avoid sacks and couldn't throw a football into the ocean when the pressure is on. He will make a great pro. :laugh:

Don Quixote
01-08-07, 02:20 PM
But getting back to tonight's game, I was worried about the two qb system, until I remembered that they have had 5 weeks + to get ready for it. I think the keys to the game are (1) will Smith be on his game, and (2) how rusty will both teams be after such a ridiculous layoff.

dando
01-08-07, 02:23 PM

Technically he was correct. It just depends on whether your perspective is the Hawkeyes' O or the opponents D. :D Ank was surely squirming when he torched the UT D early in the Alamo Bowl. :)

-Kevin

dando
01-08-07, 02:24 PM
In Columbus last year, he went off on his teammates and offensive line worse than anyone I have ever seen since Bert Jones. He did this mostly because he couldn't read defenses fast enough to avoid sacks and couldn't throw a football into the ocean when the pressure is on. He will make a great pro. :laugh:

That was Ryan Leafesqe. :laugh:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
01-08-07, 03:01 PM
lville wastes no time, Kragthorpe's the new man, might actually convince Brohm to stay.

sucks for Tulsa, but can't blame him for taking the first flight outta mobilehoma

I'm surprised Petrino took the ATL job. That job and Vick are coach killers. Must have figured his stock was as high as it was going to get, but why not the Dolphins? I know why not Oakland and AZ.

Kragthorpe will do a good job though.

Dr. Corkski
01-08-07, 03:17 PM
In Columbus last year, he went off on his teammates and offensive line worse than anyone I have ever seen since Bert Jones. He did this mostly because he couldn't read defenses fast enough to avoid sacks and couldn't throw a football into the ocean when the pressure is on. He will make a great pro. :laugh:Chris Spielman thinks he is going to get drafted. Then again he did spend his NFL career playing on teams with Todd Collins, Tim Couch, and Scott Mitchell as the QBs. :rofl:

Don Quixote
01-08-07, 03:32 PM
With my luck the Brown's will draft him with their first pick. :rofl:

nrc
01-08-07, 04:01 PM
With my luck the Brown's will draft him with their first pick. :rofl:
Nah, they'll go for Brady Quinn. :P

Don Quixote
01-08-07, 04:05 PM
Nah, they'll go for Brady Quinn. :P
Is Rick Meier still available?

Dr. Corkski
01-08-07, 04:29 PM
Is Rick Meier still available?Only if they can't pry Carlyle Holiday from the Packers. :gomer:

dando
01-08-07, 08:12 PM
Good luck, Goters....ya'll are gonna need it. ;)

Skaven, if the Goters win, I'm sending Ank to yer place to cook in yer kitchen again. :p

-Kevin

dando
01-08-07, 08:15 PM
Chris Spielman thinks he is going to get drafted. Then again he did spend his NFL career playing on teams with Todd Collins, Tim Couch, and Scott Mitchell as the QBs. :rofl:

You forgot Jim Kelly, Einstein.

-Kevin

skaven
01-08-07, 09:08 PM
Good luck, Goters....ya'll are gonna need it. ;)

Skaven, if the Goters win, I'm sending Ank to yer place to cook in yer kitchen again. :p

-Kevin

:rofl:

Good god NO ! ! !

What's your prediction?

racermike
01-08-07, 10:22 PM
Ohio St getting their asses handed to them so far

coolhand
01-08-07, 11:13 PM
yeah, UMs big loss made me feel that tOSU was not as dominant as before, however i thought they would at least be competitive.

Ankf00
01-08-07, 11:19 PM
speed kills.

Sean O'Gorman
01-08-07, 11:30 PM
At least with the gap being so large, ferrarigod doesn't have to keep changing his hat from OSU to UF.

Insomniac
01-08-07, 11:33 PM
This is sweet. :)

Wheel-Nut
01-08-07, 11:59 PM
In the event of an OSU loss, do Ohio citizens have to report for work on Tuesday? Does the govenor declare a state of emergency? Is the state milita on standby?

Sean O'Gorman
01-09-07, 12:02 AM
I'll probably have to work overtime to deal with all the overturned car and burned mattress/couch claims.

Don Quixote
01-09-07, 12:36 AM
the beatdown of a lifetime. The offense scheme was copied from Kansas City's effort last weekend.

The Doctor
01-09-07, 12:39 AM
So using typical logic, does this actually make Auburn the national champs? ;)

coolhand
01-09-07, 12:39 AM
At least with the gap being so large, ferrarigod doesn't have to keep changing his hat from OSU to UF.

:rofl: :rofl:

coolhand
01-09-07, 12:40 AM
I am campaigning for a Boise State/Florida Split title. :thumbup: :D

dando
01-09-07, 12:41 AM
Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Thank you, sir, may I not have another?!?

Disgusting.

Depantsed.

Doh!

:o :saywhat: :\

The only solace is that ND sux >> than The OSU. :D

-Kevin

PS: Congrats Gaytors.

Dr. Corkski
01-09-07, 12:42 AM
Teb0wn3d.

coolhand
01-09-07, 12:45 AM
Heisman winner 4 of 13 for 35 yards

rabbit
01-09-07, 12:49 AM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=178877&postcount=5

12-03-2006, 10:38 AM
rabbit

"Actually, I think Florida has a better chance of beating Ohio State than Michigan does."

It sucks being right. :cry:

devilmaster
01-09-07, 12:52 AM

:laugh:

coolhand
01-09-07, 12:57 AM
Florida 2006 co-champs good job :thumbup:

Ankf00
01-09-07, 01:08 AM
Boise deserves a natl title more than 84 BYU. Boise beat a 10 win Big 12 champion OU squad, a 10 win Oregon St team, and a solid Hawaii squad which beat down Oregon in their bowl game.

UF dominated line play, took advantage of tOSU's decision to eschew playing man free in favor of zone in the passing game and Troy Smith played like a freshman making his second ever start. Weakest heisman class, EVER.

redmist
01-09-07, 01:14 AM
Heisman winner 4 of 13 for 35 yards

he should offer to give the trophy back, that was pathetic.

nrc
01-09-07, 01:21 AM
Congratulations to the Florida Gators, 2006 National Champions.

Ankf00
01-09-07, 01:25 AM
he should offer to give the trophy back, that was pathetic.

his line gave him no support, but i don't know what was up w/ him being chased down by DE's repeatedly, thought he had more speed than that. he's a far more game aware passer than he showed tonight imo

coolhand
01-09-07, 01:39 AM
Boise deserves a natl title more than 84 BYU. Boise beat a 10 win Big 12 champion OU squad, a 10 win Oregon St team, and a solid Hawaii squad which beat down Oregon in their bowl game.

UF dominated line play, took advantage of tOSU's decision to eschew playing man free in favor of zone in the passing game and Troy Smith played like a freshman making his second ever start. Weakest heisman class, EVER.

BYU beat Oregon in vegas. Hawaii beat ASU.

I admit i was surprised by this

nrc
01-09-07, 02:08 AM
his line gave him no support, but i don't know what was up w/ him being chased down by DE's repeatedly, thought he had more speed than that. he's a far more game aware passer than he showed tonight imo
One of the biggest improvements in Smith over his career was learning to throw it away and come back on the next down. He seemed to forget that tonight. Credit to the Gators' pass rush, but there were plays where he should have thrown it away and didn't.

coolhand
01-09-07, 02:33 AM
I heard Ginn got injured during his TD celebration

skaven
01-09-07, 03:16 AM
Homework for tonight = listening to "Dirty On Purpose." :thumbup:

Thank goodness for some breaks this season in a tough, spiteful, hateful, motivated SEC conference, otherwise we never would've had the chance to show our game on the national stage.

Thank you Chris Leak for representing our school with dignity and class, sharing time with another QB and being the ultimate team player. :thumbup:

Thank you Ron Zook for recuiting great talent despite your game day deficiencies.

Thank you Mullen (OC coordinator) for calling plays other than QB iso runs on 3rd down.

Thank you Gator WR's for catching the balls in traffic and fighting for 1st downs.

Thank you o-line for your best game of the season.

Thank you coach Meyer for adapting your spread option to the talent at hand.

Thank you to the underdogs and Napoleon Dynamites who made 41-14 a reality on a crisp, starry night.

:cool:

Gnam
01-09-07, 04:09 AM
You can't spell C-H-O-K-E without OH. :gomer:

The crowd reaction shots were fun to watch.

Spicoli
01-09-07, 08:24 AM
http://www.freewebdesign.be/smileys/images/other/smile21.gif

lol.

meltdown in C-bus.

Ankf00
01-09-07, 09:31 AM
President Bush just announced 41 million in rebuilding aid for the tragedy in Columbus. Officially been declared national disaster area. :D

chop456
01-09-07, 09:55 AM
http://www.freewebdesign.be/smileys/images/other/smile21.gif

lol.

meltdown in C-bus.

That 41-14 score sounds eerily familiar, huh? :D

Spicoli
01-09-07, 10:03 AM
That 41-14 score sounds eerily familiar, huh? :D

my bowl game sucks less than your bowl game.:p

bwesides, did anyone really expect the IRISH to win that besides me? :D

nrc
01-09-07, 10:24 AM
<checks pulse>

Doin' fine here guys. A 19 game win streak is good by any standard. The Buckeye's play in the championship game was a huge disappointment, but it doesn't change the fact that this group of players has had a great run. :thumbup:

Ankf00
01-09-07, 10:56 AM
the thing about team speed & quickness is not the disparity at the ball handling positions (tOSU has it but UF is deeper), but both lines & the linebackers. UF's lines & backers were just quicker and faster. it was pretty noticeable the way they were getting after Troy and how they'd fly to the ball during the play. meanwhile UF's wr's would be always be ridiculously open between the zone, make a quick cut and go. same for most run option plays, tOSU's front 7 couldn't match the explosiveness of harvin, cornelieus & ingram, the DE's & OLB's couldn't maintain containment.

this was when urban didn't have his qb or his rb. imagine if he had slayton (whom he recruited) or another scatback back there, paired up with a legit dual threat qb w/ 4.5 speed and 60+% accuracy :eek: http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/whiteflag.gif

thing that sucks about Troy is he's going to get hosed in the draft b/c he's my height, Drew Brees'ed you could say, and b/c of this final bowl game. But he's come farther than JaMarcus Russel over the past 2 years, much smarter than JR, arm isn't as strong but no one can match JR's ballistic arm cannon, and you could see Troy's leadership on the sidelines in Q4 when they were down by 20. That's what you want your qb to have, too many qb's in the NFL don't have that, and GM's are going to pass b/c of 2.5 inches in height.

Ankf00
01-09-07, 11:03 AM
I'm not the only one who says so, I give you Stewart Mandel:

∙ The pregame tailgate scene at this stadium has to be one of the most unique in the country. Not only are you in the middle of the desert, but the land immediately around the venue is almost entirely undeveloped, so when we drove in this afternoon, it was literally like coming upon an oasis. Only instead of water, this oasis was filled with blond women doing gator chomps and middle-aged men in Ted Ginn Jr. jerseys.

:D :rofl:

Dirty Sanchez
01-09-07, 11:36 AM
Teb0wn3d.:laugh:

Andrew Longman
01-09-07, 12:22 PM
Ratings for this bowl season are reported to be disappointing. Probably more people watch the Boise St finish on YouTube than live and overnights for the BCS game are supposedly not what Fox expected (as per news reports this morning)

That, and the unexpected trashing of tOSU, are more reason to "play the stinkin' games". Give me a playoff.

Ankf00
01-09-07, 12:35 PM
texas usc, joepa vs bobby bowden, a rising tOSU vs. a restored ND.

I don't see how you can possibly register an improvement in ratings against that short of 4 undefeated BCS teams playing in 2 BSC bowls this year

skaven
01-09-07, 12:36 PM
Ratings for this bowl season are reported to be disappointing.

I think last years NCAA basketball championship game (UF blowing out UCLA) was one of the worst (or worst ever) rated basketball finals too.

We gotta stop blowing out the competition in final games... bad for ratings. ;)

Seriously though, no school has ever won football and basketball titles concurrently. :thumbup:

Plus, Emmitt Smith won "Dancing with the Stars." :D

skaven
01-09-07, 12:37 PM
O - H

skaven
01-09-07, 12:39 PM
verated. :D

skaven
01-09-07, 12:43 PM
My apologies... I had to get that out. :gomer:

However, congrats to OSU for a great run over the past two years. :thumbup:

Don Quixote
01-09-07, 01:36 PM
I decided to go ahead and burn my couch in the front yard again this year. The neighbors here in Colorado just don't get it.

Ankf00
01-09-07, 02:08 PM
I decided to go ahead and burn my couch in the front yard again this year. The neighbors here in Colorado just don't get it.

pricey move, I don't think Ikea's outside of Ohio & West Va have that January clearance sale going right now :D

skaven
01-09-07, 02:41 PM
Florida 2006 co-champs good job :thumbup:

I didn't catch this the first time around... this thread rocks ! ! ! ! :rofl:

Insomniac
01-10-07, 09:51 AM
Homework for tonight = listening to "Dirty On Purpose." :thumbup:

Thank goodness for some breaks this season in a tough, spiteful, hateful, motivated SEC conference, otherwise we never would've had the chance to show our game on the national stage.

Thank you Chris Leak for representing our school with dignity and class, sharing time with another QB and being the ultimate team player. :thumbup:

Thank you Ron Zook for recuiting great talent despite your game day deficiencies.

Thank you Mullen (OC coordinator) for calling plays other than QB iso runs on 3rd down.

Thank you Gator WR's for catching the balls in traffic and fighting for 1st downs.

Thank you o-line for your best game of the season.

Thank you coach Meyer for adapting your spread option to the talent at hand.

Thank you to the underdogs and Napoleon Dynamites who made 41-14 a reality on a crisp, starry night.

:cool:

Thank Urban for being friends with Bill Belichick too. They hang out in the off season and share schemes and what not with each other. I'm looking forward to some of the offensive stuff BB picked up.

Ankf00
01-10-07, 07:09 PM
crap, rumors have been floating about Ryan Perrilloux ever since he had some unpaid parking tickets come to light this week, but it's actually being reported now :eek:

http://www.wwl.com/Article.asp?id=331868&spid=

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=3669729
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=3669723

Meanwhile, WWL First News has confirmed from federal authorities that LSU reserve quarterback Ryan Perrilloux is under federal criminal investigation. Details of the probe are not being made public, and the investigation, we're told, is still in its early stages.

:rofl: so much for winning the Heisman his freshman year. couldn't happen to a nicer doucherocket.

Wheel-Nut
01-10-07, 07:49 PM
and JaMarcus Russell is entering the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9921116

Ankf00
01-10-07, 11:36 PM
Adrian Peterson declaring for the draft as well. Great ****ing career man, you scored all of 6 points against UT in your entire career. All those national titles you won, all those TX-OU games you won. Here's to you, Benedict Arnold :thumbup:

rabbit
01-11-07, 02:18 AM
Picture of Ginn's injury:
http://images.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/ginnhurt.jpg

Sucks that it was a clumsy teammate responsible for the injury.

coolhand
01-11-07, 02:28 AM
nice tackle :gomer:

coolhand
01-11-07, 03:23 AM
Someone should tell this commie that Tedford is harder to replace then him.

-------------------------------------
UC ATHLETIC FACILITY
Editors, Daily Planet:

I hope that the various lawsuits against the proposed addition of yet another athletic facility to be built where the oak trees stand will be successful. The Hayward Fault is warning us. It appears that the football coach, Jeff Tedford, an individual whose salary thus far exceeds that of distinguished professors on the faculty, has stated that his ill-conceived project would attract better football players to Berkeley. Is that what higher education is about? The University of Chicago went from being a fine school to a university of world renown when its chancellor, R.M. Hutchins, banned intercollegiate football from the campus.

Peter Selz

Professor Emeritus

UC Berkeley

chop456
01-11-07, 04:07 AM
Selz, Peter. :tony:

Ankf00
01-11-07, 11:10 AM
Ratings for this bowl season are reported to be disappointing. Probably more people watch the Boise St finish on YouTube than live and overnights for the BCS game are supposedly not what Fox expected (as per news reports this morning)

That, and the unexpected trashing of tOSU, are more reason to "play the stinkin' games". Give me a playoff.

Fans weren't turned off by the one-sided nature of the Florida-Ohio State game Tuesday night, giving Fox Sports the best Nielsen rating in five years for a BCS championship game that wasn't Texas vs. USC. The game produced a 17.4 Nielsen rating and 27 share for Fox Sports, down from 21.7/35 for the Longhorns and Trojans last year but otherwise the best BCS title game rating since 17.8/28 for the Florida State-Oklahoma game after the 2001 season.

Houston Chronicle (http://blogs.chron.com/sportsmedia/2007/01/nfl_net_sets_super_replays_wil.html)

Don Quixote
01-11-07, 12:16 PM
Selz, Peter. :tony:
I bet he drives a Volvo wagon and smokes a pipe.

cameraman
01-11-07, 02:34 PM
I can't say that I am too surprised that the author of Art of Engagement: Visual Politics in California and Beyond is not a huge football fan...

http://www.metroactive.com/metro/11.23.05/gifs/politics-0547-selz.jpg

coolhand
01-11-07, 03:24 PM
I can't say that I am too surprised that the author of Art of Engagement: Visual Politics in California and Beyond is not a huge football fan...

http://www.metroactive.com/metro/11.23.05/gifs/politics-0547-selz.jpg

No one outside whatever redundant liberal arts department he works in would care if he went to CSU East Bay. they don't have a football team, they must be better then Berkeley.

coolhand
01-11-07, 10:09 PM
http://nationofislamsportsblog.blogspot.com/

A young, WHITE female USC cheerleader's buttocks were exposed in all their orbital glory. The onion shaped booty, free of the obstruction of the expected fabric overture, bouncing and rippling in a glorious display of athleticism and rhythmic undulation. Now, certainly as a Negro man, this tantalizing display of white gluteal magnificence was appreciated. And, in the future, encouraged. But, despite this obvious effort to distract the Negro viewer from the objectification of the Negro athletes, one can not help feel that if the cheerleader were a Nubian sister the story would have been buried and ignored.

nrc
01-11-07, 11:20 PM
Guy needs to get HD. Gymnastics chicks get wedgies all the time.

skaven
01-11-07, 11:39 PM
Transitive properties at work. :D

The D-II Wildcats of Central Washington are the national champions because they beat Eastern Washington, which beat Montana State, which beat Colorado, which beat Iowa State, Which beat Missouri, which beat Ole Miss, which beat Vandy, which beat Georgia, which beat Auburn, which beat UF.

I knew at the time that Colorado losing to Montana State might make for one of these threads... poor Buffs. ;)

Insomniac
01-12-07, 10:03 AM
Transitive properties at work. :D

The D-II Wildcats of Central Washington are the national champions because they beat Eastern Washington, which beat Montana State, which beat Colorado, which beat Iowa State, Which beat Missouri, which beat Ole Miss, which beat Vandy, which beat Georgia, which beat Auburn, which beat UF.

I knew at the time that Colorado losing to Montana State might make for one of these threads... poor Buffs. ;)

I wonder if every team could be national champion that way. I think if true, then really, you must crown Boise State. They beat everyone.

Ankf00
01-18-07, 01:25 PM
I think we found ferrarigod's best friend in NYC

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/pete_mcentegart/01/18/ten.spot/index.html

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/pete_mcentegart/01/18/ten.spot/p1_desk.jpg

As every sports fan should know, if you brag on your team at work when things are going well, you should expect some barbs when matters turn the other way. That truism was proved again recently in the New York offices of AOL's marketing department. One cube denizen, a recent Ohio State grad, was fond of prominently updating the Buckeyes' record each week at his work station as No. 1 OSU surged to 12-0. When Florida made that 12-1 in the BCS title game, a co-worker wanted to make certain the OSU fan hadn't missed the news (though he did fly out to the game). Thus he papered over his entire cube with the cover of the Jan. 15 issue of SI that features Florida quarterback Chris Leak with the headline "Gator Raid." Ah, nothing like a little corporate synergy.

and in the middle you can see one preseason cover featuring Troy Smith, I give it a 10 for the attention to detail.

Ankf00
01-18-07, 03:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2734911

At the end, Maisel writing about Big10/Pac10 opposition to +1.

Ankf00
01-19-07, 12:59 AM
even Adult Swim is getting in on the act....

Congratulations and thanks

to THE Ohio State University Buckeyes

for setting the bar so high

on the definition of overrated.

Go Bucks!

not bad for a bunch of Jackets fans...

coolhand
01-19-07, 02:01 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RzfVOObkReA&mode=related&search=

Don Quixote
01-20-07, 11:21 AM
New traditon of dotting the i at tOSU.