Insomniac
10-02-11, 11:48 AM
I tried a few shows:
Up All Night - I didn't like it at all
Free Agents - Horrible
Whitney - So-So (Gets some LOLs)
2 Broke Girls - I think this is the better show from Whitney Cummings
Terra Nova - Not sure. It felt a little long/drawn out for a 2 hour premiere
Unforgettable - I don't watch many CBS drama's, but I imagine this fits in well with all their other procedurals. I didn't like it much.
Pan-Am - It's on my DVR, but I haven't decided if I want to watch it yet
New Girl - I didn't think it was great, but FOX already increased the order from 13 to 24. It's probably the best of the bunch with 2 Broke Girls

Insomniac
10-02-11, 11:50 AM
Depends on how you define low. They had about 9 million viewers in the overnight ratings. DWTS had 15 million and the sitcoms on CBS had from 10-20 million depending on the show. I suspect 9 million isn't enough long term. I think it was probably not wise to put it up against DWTS.

I think 9M would get them a second season, especially on FOX.

stroker
10-02-11, 02:04 PM
The pilot of Person of Interest was good. Missed the second episode but I've set to record the series.

House starts tomorrow! It'll be interesting to see how they write Cuddy out of the script....

TKGAngel
10-02-11, 02:27 PM
I think 9M would get them a second season, especially on FOX.

The pilot alone cost Fox upwards of $10 million to produce. Some insiders even say it's closer to $20 million. The ratings numbers are good, but not great compared to DWTS & the Monday night CBS comedies. The numbers on Week 2 will be the ones to watch. If there's a dramatic drop, then we can start talking trouble.

Fox is also wetting the bed over how the X Factor is not delivering the numbers they were expecting. If multiple programs do not deliver the ratings numbers promised, the network will be giving their advertisers many free spots to make up the difference. It's a lose/lose situation.

[/media nerd]

High Sided
10-06-11, 10:31 AM
FX's American Horror Story

one word, Hooked!

9HuHlSxPGLQ

Insomniac
10-07-11, 02:34 PM
FX's American Horror Story

one word, Hooked!

Watched it last night. So many questions. So many WTFs?

Elmo T
10-07-11, 03:29 PM
I am trying Luther on BBCA again. I got part way through on the last run. I want to like it more than I do.

My children have been sucked into the world of Doctor Who :laugh:. Doctor Who "Legos" were Emmo's birthday present of choice this year.

Ed_Severson
10-10-11, 09:41 AM
Season finale of Breaking Bad = jaw on floor. When I realized I might have to wait another 9 months for the last season to begin, I nearly cried.

nrc
10-10-11, 10:09 AM
Boardwalk Empire is back and hasn't skipped a beat. Walking Dead is in the scheduled recordings queue. :thumbup:

Insomniac
10-10-11, 11:58 AM
Boardwalk Empire is back and hasn't skipped a beat. Walking Dead is in the scheduled recordings queue. :thumbup:

I actually dozed off a couple times during the middle of it last night. Was it that boring or was I that tired?

nrc
10-10-11, 12:26 PM
I actually dozed off a couple times during the middle of it last night. Was it that boring or was I that tired?

We haven't watched last night's yet but I thought the first two were better paced than the first season.

High Sided
10-10-11, 12:37 PM

watched it this morning, quite boring but gives you more insight on who the characters are and the story line.

KLang
10-10-11, 08:36 PM
Bump!

If you are recording Terra Nova or House the baseball game is running way late.

stroker
10-10-11, 09:06 PM
Bump!

Thanks!

Insomniac
10-11-11, 04:02 PM
Bump!

I'm surprised FOX didn't just skip Terra Nova and air House at 9.

KLang
10-11-11, 05:24 PM
I'm surprised FOX didn't just skip Terra Nova and air House at 9.

Sure would have made more sense. They need to announce a time to show it again this week. I managed to get it all but I expect a lot of people didn't.

Dvdb
10-11-11, 05:40 PM
Agreed on finale of Breaking Bad.

"I won"

stroker
10-11-11, 06:42 PM
Sure would have made more sense. They need to announce a time to show it again this week. I managed to get it all but I expect a lot of people didn't.

yeah, I missed some of it. Was it just me, or was anyone else unable to hear or understand what "Kato" said?

TKGAngel
10-11-11, 07:56 PM

If the Rangers finish off the Tiggers and there's no ballgame on Saturday night, Fox will show Terra Nova again.

High Sided
10-11-11, 08:48 PM
catch episode 3 online...
http://www.fox.com/terranova/full-episodes/1389223/

racer2c
10-11-11, 09:16 PM
I miss Buffy. Just sayin. :(

G.
10-12-11, 01:47 AM
I miss Buffy. Just sayin. :(
:thumbup:

TKGAngel
10-12-11, 08:08 PM
Not sure if any of you watch Celebrity Apprentice, but Marco Andretti is supposedly going to be a contestant on this spring's edition of the show.

G.
10-12-11, 11:34 PM
Agreed on finale of Breaking Bad.

"I won"

Replay in 25 mins.

TravelGal
10-13-11, 12:58 PM
Anybody doing Homeland? We watched the pilot then missed a week (?). IMDB says there was an ep called "Grace" on 10/9 and this coming Sunday should be the third one but the TV is showing "Grace" as the ep this coming Sunday. :confused:

We rather like Person of Interest. Otherwise yawn for anything we've tried. Terra Nova didn't make it in ep 2 for me. It's supposed to be a contrived world and, well, they succeeded in that.

G.
10-18-11, 08:12 PM
Only thing I've gotten around to watching is the first episode of Terra Nova. Interesting start. Given the ratings vs. expense of the show I think it will be one season and done though.

I hear they're saving some bucks in production.

http://i.imgur.com/VSDpa.jpg

(Just found this kinda funny)

racermike
10-18-11, 08:48 PM
Season finale of Breaking Bad = jaw on floor. When I realized I might have to wait another 9 months for the last season to begin, I nearly cried.

I feel your pain .. what an unreal end

stroker
10-22-11, 10:10 AM
Person of Interest = (The Equalizer minus Edward Woodward)

:\

Racing Truth
10-22-11, 03:25 PM
Anybody doing Homeland? We watched the pilot then missed a week (?). IMDB says there was an ep called "Grace" on 10/9 and this coming Sunday should be the third one but the TV is showing "Grace" as the ep this coming Sunday. :confused:

We rather like Person of Interest. Otherwise yawn for anything we've tried. Terra Nova didn't make it in ep 2 for me. It's supposed to be a contrived world and, well, they succeeded in that.

Don't get Showtime, but have heard it'svgood.

Totally agree w/ your second paragraph. Caviezel's good, but Michael Emerson is brilliant. Consider me hooked.

Terra Nova- 85 mil. yrs. ago, BUTTTT in a parralel dimension.:shakehead Time travel, but not. Good luck closing those logical loops.

High Sided
10-22-11, 03:40 PM
Anybody doing Homeland? We watched the pilot then missed a week (?).

caught the first 3 episodes on showtime video on demand. found them under showtime on demand new series

your post is what got me to look for it, thanks, great show!

KLang
10-22-11, 04:38 PM
Terra Nova- 85 mil. yrs. ago, BUTTTT in a parralel dimension.:shakehead Time travel, but not. Good luck closing those logical loops.

I think your expectations may be too high for network TV SciFi. :)

I'm still watching but the whole 'family show' aspect is kinda a turnoff for me.

Recording both Homeland and Person of Interest, haven't watched any yet.

Gnam
10-27-11, 07:21 PM
It is ALIVE.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5553/ddtvanimation2050441913.jpg[/URL]

Beavis and Butthead return 10pm MTV.

SteveH
10-27-11, 07:46 PM
I hope that I am not disappointed.

High Sided
10-28-11, 06:59 PM
Don't get Showtime

starting to wonder why i pay for the premium channels when i can watch just about everything online for free.

homeland episodes...
http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Homeland_27151/

TravelGal
10-30-11, 02:42 AM
starting to wonder why i pay for the premium channels when i can watch just about everything online for free.

homeland episodes...
http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Homeland_27151/

Good point.

So what's the verdict on Homeland? Some boobies from time to time. Violence from time to time. Otherwise, my grass grows faster than this is moving. Four episodes and I'm beginning to yawn. Maybe something's up (no pun intended) now that our man will apparently have the hots for the chick that's trying to trap him? Or is really trying to trap HER?

Anyone watching Boss? I'm not a Kelsey Grammar fan but he is amazing in this role. Beyond that, crickets. I gave up after episode two.

Insomniac
10-30-11, 12:20 PM
Good point.

So what's the verdict on Homeland? Some boobies from time to time. Violence from time to time. Otherwise, my grass grows faster than this is moving. Four episodes and I'm beginning to yawn. Maybe something's up (no pun intended) now that our man will apparently have the hots for the chick that's trying to trap him? Or is really trying to trap HER?

Anyone watching Boss? I'm not a Kelsey Grammar fan but he is amazing in this role. Beyond that, crickets. I gave up after episode two.

I think a lot of these shows are going for the slower burn, but are having a tough time between keeping people on the edge of their seat (lofty standard set by Breaking Bad) and simply drawing it out with boring intrigue. I have my suspicions on what is going on with Homeland.

Ankf00
10-31-11, 12:07 AM
dig homeland, too bad rubicon was ruined.

and boardwalk is allsome.

Gnam
10-31-11, 12:11 AM
DirecTV and Fox going to the mattresses. List of stations to be blacked out starting Nov 1. :shakehead

National Networks
Fox Deportes
FUEL TV
FX
Fox Soccer
Fox Soccer Plus
Fox Movie Channel
National Geographic Channel
Speed

Regional Sports Networks
FS Arizona
FS Cincinnati
FS Detroit
FS Florida
FS Midwest
FS North
FS Southwest
FS South
FS West
FS Ohio
Prime Ticket
Sun Sports
Sports South

cameraman
10-31-11, 12:48 AM
Aren't Fox and DirecTV owned by News Corp???

Seems Murdock sold/traded/swapped/bartered off DirecTV a couple of years ago.

G.
10-31-11, 07:19 AM
I think a lot of these shows are going for the slower burn, but are having a tough time between keeping people on the edge of their seat (lofty standard set by Breaking Bad) and simply drawing it out with boring intrigue. I have my suspicions on what is going on with Homeland.

American Horror appears to be going in another direction.
How are they going to sustain that?

Related, Dexter is over for me. They've pushed its unbelievability to unbelievable levels. It's now a soap.

Elmo T
11-02-11, 03:15 PM
Bitchin Kitchen (http://bitchinlifestyle.tv/) returns tonight. :thumbup:

http://i40.tinypic.com/p0hl3.jpg

TravelGal
11-12-11, 03:36 PM
Whitechapel (BBC) is a decent hour of TV. Modern day Jack the Ripper. Witty writing and not TOOOOOOOO much gore.

trauma1
11-13-11, 12:56 AM
PBS MI-5, CBS Person of Interest

nrc
11-13-11, 02:37 AM

Not sure how they can sustain it unless all the original characters end up dead within a season or two. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean they're off the show in the this case. Of course with the whole "Rosemary's Baby" angle the wife is likely to be around at least for a while.

TravelGal
11-13-11, 03:18 AM
PBS MI-5, CBS Person of Interest

Agreed. Loved MI-5. I think we've seen all of the episodes. Was quite sad when it ended. Rupert Penry-Jones from MI-5 is the star of Whitechapel. So far, I think Person of Interest is the only show worth watching. Still waiting for Homeland and have pretty much given up on other new ones (although we're still watching... :shakehead )

stroker
11-13-11, 12:05 PM
Agreed. Loved MI-5. I think we've seen all of the episodes. Was quite sad when it ended. Rupert Penry-Jones from MI-5 is the star of Whitechapel. So far, I think Person of Interest is the only show worth watching. Still waiting for Homeland and have pretty much given up on other new ones (although we're still watching... :shakehead )

PoI isn't too bad, but I'm still waiting for the new season of Justified.

nrc
12-03-11, 01:47 AM
Mid-season finale for The Walking Dead was something other than else. Intense. I liked this half season better than the first season. Especially the last part of last season. I hope they can sustain it.

I'm also enjoying American Horror Story. I just hope that Ben doesn't start seeing things so much "as they are" that the hot version of the maid disappears completely. :gomer:

TravelGal
12-12-11, 01:15 PM
In another completely unrelated universe far, far away, is anyone watching Hell on Wheels? Slogging through the mud to build the Transcon RR is not the most gripping of concepts but the acting is good as is the writing and the production values are amazing. You can decide if you like or dislike the lead guy, the [pc) Native Americans [/pc] are shown well, tension between the freed blacks and whites is dealt with realistically, the Swede (or is he Norwegian?) is the poster boy for benevolent sadists.

Ziggy
12-12-11, 04:57 PM
I like Board Walk Empire, but the writing is very inconsistant (like my spelling)

Colbert report is not to be missed either! :D Dude is very clever IMO.

Just got through some rocking Pearl Harbor subjects, the 24 hours after was most excellent. Some great concerts on HDTV as well, as I am new to direct TV (and like it so far)

Gnam
12-12-11, 05:02 PM
Saw a little bit of 'Hell on Wheels' last night. Any scene with Chief O'Brien and Magua is worth watching.

nrc
12-14-11, 01:16 AM
Boardwalk Empire finale.

Dayum. Nucky Thompson is hard core OG. :eek:

Ankf00
12-14-11, 02:38 PM
penultimate Homeland ep was pretty great.

BE finale, well... ya.

Ed_Severson
12-14-11, 03:16 PM
In the absence of Breaking Bad, Dexter has been keeping me occupied, and I blew through the first 9 episodes of Homeland in a day before adding it to the DVR schedule. Season finales of those two this Sunday ... should be a good couple hours of TV.

House of Lies looks pretty good as well ... may give that one a shot after the calendar turns.

G.
12-14-11, 03:25 PM
Dexter's days of shark-jumping are behind him.

TravelGal
12-14-11, 06:36 PM
Good to know that Homeland came through finally. We gave up when the two antagonists were walking through the woods, waxing eloquent about nothing at all. zzzzzzzzzz Also gave up on Whitechapel when ADD overtook the head inspector.

Overall, I've been pretty disappointed by the non-network shows this year. I expect drivel from the networks but better from their competitors.

Insomniac
01-02-12, 04:33 PM

Related, Dexter is over for me. They've pushed its unbelievability to unbelievable levels. It's now a soap.

Now that it's over, they sustain it with a new cast/murder house. :) I feel like part of what made this show interesting though was it took a little bit to figure out exactly how it all "worked". If they are just changing the location and cast, they are going to have to really top themselves in my opinion.

Dexter requires you to suspend belief quite a bit, but now they took it to a new level with Deb.

Boardwalk started a little slow, but really got rolling.

I still have to finish Homeland though.

Kahauna Dreamer
01-02-12, 05:30 PM
Boardwalk Empire finale.

Dayum. Nucky Thompson is hard core OG. :eek:

If you mean, Nucky personally killing Jimmy, yeah. But what other conclusion could there have been, especially after the Oedipus moment between Jimmy and Mom...?

But HBO is running The Wire and Game of Thrones from the beginning, on HBO OnDemand or HBO Go, so that will work.

Insomniac
01-02-12, 05:38 PM
If you mean, Nucky personally killing Jimmy, yeah. But what other conclusion could there have been, especially after the Oedipus moment between Jimmy and Mom...?

He could've killed his brother?

Kahauna Dreamer
01-02-12, 06:20 PM
He could've killed his brother?
Nucky killing Eli? Wouldn't he have done that already?

Insomniac
01-02-12, 07:18 PM
Nucky killing Eli? Wouldn't he have done that already?

You asked what other conclusion. He killed Jimmy because he believed Eli when he said it was Jimmy's idea to have him killed. I know killing your brother is a big step from telling him to GTFO after betraying him, but he also was quite fond of Jimmy before all this. I could see it going either way.

nrc
01-02-12, 11:51 PM

I just figured they were looking to maintain him as the charming rogue who kept his distance from the actual dirty work.

nrc
01-02-12, 11:53 PM
Now that it's over, they sustain it with a new cast/murder house. :) I feel like part of what made this show interesting though was it took a little bit to figure out exactly how it all "worked". If they are just changing the location and cast, they are going to have to really top themselves in my opinion.

Is that the confirmed plan? Seems like the current house may be getting a bit crowded but do they leave the devil child story hanging and start fresh somewhere else?

Ankf00
01-03-12, 01:56 AM
I mean, I watched it, but it hasn't even been a month since the finale and no spoiler alert?

Ankf00
01-03-12, 01:59 AM
I still have to finish Homeland though.

do yourself a favor and dont watch the previews at the end of the eps. the marketing ppl have no clue how to put together suspenseful previews without giving away key plot points that lessen suspense of the next episode, and in the case of the finale the previews gave away the ep's ending

TravelGal
01-03-12, 03:49 AM
I mean, I watched it, but it hasn't even been a month since the finale and no spoiler alert?

I thought the same thing. Was planning to catch season 2 on DVD or a marathon some time. Oh well. I'm sure I'll have forgotten by the time get around to seeing it. :gomer:

I know most you don't have hated cable but I also agree about previews. Time Warner shows the whole dang movie, end and all. CRIPES. I want an idea of what it's like not the the entire plot. Saves the $$$ though.

KLang
01-03-12, 08:14 AM
do yourself a favor and dont watch the previews at the end of the eps. the marketing ppl have no clue how to put together suspenseful previews without giving away key plot points that lessen suspense of the next episode, and in the case of the finale the previews gave away the ep's ending

Thanks, I'm about to start watching Homeland. Terra Nova was the same way.

TKGAngel
01-06-12, 01:59 PM
Is anyone else watching Downton Abbey?

EDwardo
01-06-12, 08:06 PM

Yep. I like it and am looking forward to the new episodes starting Sunday night.

Insomniac
01-08-12, 07:33 PM
Is that the confirmed plan? Seems like the current house may be getting a bit crowded but do they leave the devil child story hanging and start fresh somewhere else?

"Those characters and those stories are done," creator Ryan Murphy told reporters Thursday morning. "Every season of the show will be a different haunting. Every season will have a beginning, a middle and an end. What you saw in the finale was the end of the Harmon house. The second season of the show will be a brand new home or building to haunt."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/American-Horror-Story-Ryan-Murphy-Season-2-1041081.aspx

Insomniac
01-08-12, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Figures since they did the same for 24.

Insomniac
01-08-12, 07:37 PM

I think you meant me. Brain fade, and I'm not sure if you meant Boardwalk, AHS or both.

Spicoli
01-09-12, 12:49 AM
House of Lies. cheadle. :thumbup:

nrc
01-09-12, 01:27 AM
http://www.tvguide.com/News/American-Horror-Story-Ryan-Murphy-Season-2-1041081.aspx

Intresting. That's quite a challenge to roll in a new set of characters each season and trust that you can engage your audience once they figure out that they're all fodder.

nrc
02-20-12, 12:44 AM
spoiler, kinda..

Second half of the season for The Walking Dead is off to a very good start. Just when you think it's becoming just another outstanding drama we get back to the horror with a zombie trying to wriggle through a shattered windshield. :D

Methanolandbrats
02-20-12, 07:47 AM
Why don't the zombies just swarm that damn farmhouse and put an end to that crap?

Gnam
02-22-12, 03:10 PM
Ancient Aliens. Too funny. :laugh:

"The Moon is hollow, son. When Apollo 11 landed, the Moon rang like a bell." :gomer:

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6329/9190172.jpg

extramundane
02-22-12, 03:19 PM
Stumbled onto House of Lies (http://www.sho.com/site/houseoflies/home.sho) last weekend. So far, so good. :thumbup:

Elmo T
02-22-12, 05:03 PM
"The Moon is hollow, son. When Apollo 11 landed, the Moon rang like a bell." :gomer:

Dude is one of my favorites - not sure if these things work here on OC, but:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/155/594/yesitis2.gif

Racing Truth
02-23-12, 09:13 PM

Hadn't been, until I watched the last two episodes. Someone om Twitter called it a "soap opera, without the self-loathing.";) Since it certainly revolves around a discernible historical time, I'd say it's an apt description.

BTW: Probably not the best time for Lady Sybil to be in Dublin.;)

Ankf00
02-24-12, 03:42 PM
Stumbled onto House of Lies (http://www.sho.com/site/houseoflies/home.sho) last weekend. So far, so good. :thumbup:

i wanna know what firm don cheadle works for, an engagement manager with that much home time? HAH. every excuse to put kristen bell on tv is a good excuse.

Ankf00
03-08-12, 05:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/L7O65.gif

9pAEyPpYn-Q

Insomniac
03-10-12, 02:21 PM
Finally finished Homeland. I was disappointed with how it ended. I learned my spoiler lesson, so I'll leave it at that. :)

House of Lies isn't doing any consultants any favors. I bet they'd love to have engagements that last 4 days and someone else comes in and does all the after work. :)

Anyone watching Luck? I was too bored by the horse racing back drop.

I don't think I've seen anything new this winter that was worthwhile to keep watching. Which is OK. I'm happy to start making my season pass list smaller and smaller.

G.
03-10-12, 04:33 PM
Full of major wins, but it seems to be trying too hard.

I'd rather see more of the intellectual mindf*** scenes than the other kind. :\

AND STAY OFFA MY LAWN!! :shakefist

About the only thing they haven't covered is Kristen Bell doing a nekkers scene. :thumbup: She says she won't, but let's see what happens if the ratings fall.

High Sided
03-10-12, 06:14 PM
stumbled across "Luck" on hbo video on demand today. just finished episode one, top cast with hoffman, nolte and more. interesting concept around horse racing, off to watch episode 2.

TKGAngel
03-10-12, 08:23 PM
Deadliest Catch is back on April 10th. EW has a promo (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/09/deadliest-catch-season-8-promo/) clip up, if you care to check that out.

And as for current TV, New Girl is hilarious.

TravelGal
03-11-12, 02:36 AM
Anyone watching Luck? I was too bored by the horse racing back drop.

stumbled across "Luck" on hbo video on demand today. just finished episode one, top cast with hoffman, nolte and more. interesting concept around horse racing, off to watch episode 2.

We're watching Luck. I LOVE it. TravelGuy tolerates it. It's like Hell on Wheels in that it's just the lives of the characters. Like most lives, they don't move all that fast. Unlike most lives, they are extremely intertwined and complicated. It probably also helps that I've been all through Santa Anita so I can picture exactly where all the track scenes were shot.

Insomniac
03-11-12, 04:49 PM
Frozen Planet (http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/frozen-planet/) starts next Sunday (3/18) on the Discovery Channel. 7 parts, from the people who did Planet Earth and Life.

nrc
03-12-12, 09:28 PM
The Walking Dead is off the charts. Season finale next week.

Game of Thrones returns April 1st. :thumbup:

EDwardo
03-12-12, 10:45 PM
The Walking Dead is off the charts. Season finale next week.

Game of Thrones returns April 1st. :thumbup:

After the last 2 episodes.....

Wow. Just wow.

I too am looking forward to season 2 of GOF

TravelGal
03-15-12, 12:30 PM
Bad "luck" for "Luck." I read that they closed it down abruptly for good yesterday after a third horse died during filming. Two died earlier on in unrelated incidents and they upped their safety precautions way above even what PETA requires. It apparently wasn't enough.

HBO had renewed it but it was a ratings dog (you should pardon the expression). Now I supposed we'll never know which of those protagonists wins the inevitable eventual match race.

High Sided
03-15-12, 01:47 PM
i just wanna know if jerry beats the china guy in the world cup poker game. oh well, it was a nice little mini series to watch. whats with the 6 or so episode seasons these days? :confused:

Gnam
03-15-12, 02:55 PM
whats with the 6 or so episode seasons these days? :confused:
I think the idea is fewer episodes is supposed to translate into higher quality. The british tv shows have 6 or 12 episodes per season instead of the 22 most american shows have.

The other trick is to break a season in two, showing the first half in the fall and the second half in the spring. I guess it allows them to schedule shows for maximum ratings and avoid competing with other shows or sports.

Insomniac
03-16-12, 12:32 AM
Bad "luck" for "Luck." I read that they closed it down abruptly for good yesterday after a third horse died during filming. Two died earlier on in unrelated incidents and they upped their safety precautions way above even what PETA requires. It apparently wasn't enough.

HBO had renewed it but it was a ratings dog (you should pardon the expression). Now I supposed we'll never know which of those protagonists wins the inevitable eventual match race.

Not sure if you all know, but it was shut down during the filming of Season 2. They will finish airing this season (2 more episodes).

TravelGal
03-16-12, 01:39 AM
Not sure if you all know, but it was shut down during the filming of Season 2. They will finish airing this season (2 more episodes).

Yes. They filmed 9 for season one and had started shooting season two, which had an order for 10. They announced that the last episode shown would be March 25, which is the last one of season one.

I finally found out that the last horse died because he reared as he was being led back to his stall. The Humane Society said this is more common than you would think. Fell over and hurt himself badly enough that he had to be euthanized. In other words, hardly negligence on their part but it was the coup de grace. Especially on a series that wasn't performing that well and was already under investigation.

Too bad. I liked it. It could have taken three years for Dustin Hoffman to prevail but it would have been fun seeing how he did it.

trish
06-19-12, 03:49 AM
I'm back in the 80's and watching Dallas again. It surprised me how good the new version is since usually you can't recreate a TV show like this, yet they did it and quite successfully (so far).

Bobby and JR are true to their original characters. Sue Ellen has apparently found recovery and success as an independent woman, she may even be running for Governor. They had Ray and Lucy on the pilot episode. I think Cliff Barnes will be back too.

And the actors who play the sons of Bobby and JR (Christopher and John Ross) are quite good and fit their roles perfectly as the new generation of Ewings. They've put together a great cast for this new series. If you ever watched the original you won't want to miss this.

Gnam
06-19-12, 12:39 PM
Longmire on A&E. :thumbup:
Sundays 10pm EST.

Lou Diamond Phillips distrusts the white man.
Katee Sackhoff is Starbuck in Wranglers.

Also, no CSI lab work or high falutin sciencey talk. Good times.

Wally
06-19-12, 05:28 PM
Plus one on Longmire and its filmed locally :D

Really hoping for a second season of Magic City as it is creepy good :eek:

KLang
06-19-12, 05:37 PM
I've watched the first two episodes of Longmire and like it so far. Starbuck did pretty good with the pole.

Gnam
07-05-12, 03:21 PM
Michael Wood's The Story of England.

A PBS documentary on English history told from the perspective of a single town through the centuries. Includes digging things up, maps, & ye olde documents. :thumbup:

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Village-life-opens-door-to-The-Story-of-England-3677639.php

Napoleon
07-05-12, 03:38 PM
Michael Wood's The Story of England.

I watched that when I happened upon it a few nights ago. It was pretty good (then again I was a history major in college).