PDA

View Full Version : Fall is in the Air!! - Football

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

dando
01-01-08, 06:05 PM
arrington is a baller.

Arrington has been MIA most of the season, like much of the UM O and D. I guess he finally saw the light and played for draft position. :saywhat:

Anyway SEC > Big 10+1 is overrated. :)

LSU is gonna get rolled. Mark. It. Down. Yo. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-01-08, 06:10 PM
Arrington has been MIA most of the season, like much of the UM O and D. I guess he finally saw the light and played for draft position. :saywhat: henne + hart healthy at the same time is a huge reason for that.

Tech pulls 17 points out of their ass in the final 3 mins of the game ftw. The twinkie goes to 3-2, hopefully WV does their part to make it 3-3 :D

dando
01-01-08, 06:29 PM
henne + hart healthy at the same time is a huge reason for that.

Tech pulls 17 points out of their ass in the final 3 mins of the game ftw. The twinkie goes to 3-2, hopefully WV does their part to make it 3-3 :D

Dude, Henne and Hart were healthy when they lost the first two games this season. True.

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-01-08, 06:32 PM
Henne got knocked out in the Oregon game. True. :gomer:

Insomniac
01-01-08, 07:01 PM
hopefully WV does their part to make it 3-3 :D

I've convinced myself they have a good shot at winning. Same play book and the play calling can't get any worse than the Pittsburgh debacle, Right? :D

Ankf00
01-01-08, 07:29 PM
hopefully WVU pulls it out, OU still sucks. but w/ WVU's 3-3-5, dunno if they have the size to stop the ground game w/ Murray and Patrick and that stout o-line. OU's front 4 will be missing DeMarcus Granger, so that helps out WV's ground game.

Dr. Corkski
01-01-08, 07:51 PM
Musberger and Herbie were complaining about that excessive celebration flag during that second USC TD. USC fans much? :laugh:

Chad Henne sucks.

nrc
01-01-08, 08:17 PM
Chad Henne sucks.I wouldn't agree that he sucks, but I'm kind of baffled at why so many draft watchers have him among the top 8 picks. Do they figure because he's from Michigan and he can "make all the throws" he's the second coming of Tom Brady?

Dr. Corkski
01-01-08, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't agree that he sucks, but I'm kind of baffled at why so many draft watchers have him among the top 8 picks. Do they figure because he's from Michigan and he can "make all the throws" he's the second coming of Tom Brady?Because he had a good freshman year. I am sure he can be the second coming of tom brady if his balls ever decide to drop.

Musberger just said "Big East crew" and "good officiating" in the same sentence. Must have missed the WVU-Pitt game. :laugh:

nrc
01-01-08, 08:35 PM
Musberger just said "Big East crew" and "good officiating" in the same sentence. Must have missed the WVU-Pitt game. :laugh:I think he just means none of them have money on the game.

Ankf00
01-01-08, 08:36 PM
I love bowl season :rofl:

:hate: :hate: :hate:

Ankf00
01-01-08, 08:54 PM
USC is the new Miami, they yap more than Kellen Winslow, TO, and Ocho Cinco combined.

Dr. Corkski
01-01-08, 08:55 PM
This is the Illinois team I remember and loved from Kinnick this season. :D

Ankf00
01-01-08, 08:58 PM
I still can't believe you're a corn goober. My how the mighty have fallen... :shakehead:

Dr. Corkski
01-01-08, 09:43 PM
John David Booty = MVP in Musberger's pants.

Ankf00
01-01-08, 10:01 PM
so does this open the door for Pac 10 > Big Ten smack? how many years now? :D

Ankf00
01-01-08, 11:43 PM
Illinois >> UGa. Stairway to Heaven >>>>>>> this bull **** 80's fad with my generation, F Journey.

Andrew Longman
01-02-08, 12:45 AM
Amazing that UM is playing with the Goters, and Wisky gave UT a good game. BC$ championship is looking very, very interesting. :D

EDIT: Mike Hart should STFU and just f'ing play. Jackass. :saywhat:

-Kevin

DAAAA DA DA DA DA DA DA DAAAA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DAAAA DAAAA D DA DAA DAA THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WEST!!!

And Hart was just talking back to hose showboating SEC shizzizles.

But sorry, and while I hope for the opposite, tOSU is going to get slammed by LSU.

UofM was inspired today

Dr. Corkski
01-02-08, 01:51 AM
Brennan was getting teabagged by like a CU coed.

dando
01-02-08, 06:24 AM
And Hart was just talking back to hose showboating SEC shizzizles.

But sorry, and while I hope for the opposite, tOSU is going to get slammed by LSU.

BS. Hart has talked smack w/o much to back it up foreva...especially during The Game last year (when he reminded me of the Black Knight). :gomer:

Sorry, but the fact that two of the top four SEC team got pimped, including Arky who beat LSU, give me faith that redemption is @ hand. And to repeat what Corso said during Gameday yesterday, LSU is not a great team. USC OTOH scared the jeebus outta me yesterday. The Illini had that one coming, tho.

-Kevin

dando
01-02-08, 10:57 AM
Henne got knocked out in the Oregon game. True. :gomer:

IIRC, by the time Henne was out of the Ugly Duckies game, much of the damage had been already done.

I didn't realize that Hart's other fumble happened @ the Goters 5, so UM should have dropped another 14 point on them. :eek: And The OSU held UM to < 100 yards of offense, most of which occurred on one drive in the 1st quarter. 524 vs. 91 yards is amazing.

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-02-08, 02:04 PM
BS. Hart has talked smack w/o much to back it up foreva...especially during The Game last year (when he reminded me of the Black Knight). :gomer:

Sorry, but the fact that two of the top four SEC team got pimped, including Arky who beat LSU, give me faith that redemption is @ hand. And to repeat what Corso said during Gameday yesterday, LSU is not a great team. USC OTOH scared the jeebus outta me yesterday. The Illini had that one coming, tho.

-Kevin

arky is not a top 4 SEC team in this, or any other universe. HS offenses have a more potent passing game than those douchenozzles.

Ankf00
01-02-08, 07:14 PM
who's watching WVU vs. OU tonight?

70,000 fans

35,000 teeth

10 last names

1 burning couch trophy

TravelGal
01-02-08, 08:54 PM
Two people in his houz. Rooting for the lopsiders. Er, the ones with one short leg and one long one so they can walk up and down the hills.

dando
01-02-08, 09:06 PM
arky is not a top 4 SEC team in this, or any other universe. HS offenses have a more potent passing game than those douchenozzles.

Well, the way the bowl invites lined up they are. *shrug* Mebbe top 5 instead. Plus, they did beat LSU no matter how Miles tries to justify it as not a loss in regulation. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-02-08, 09:59 PM
bowl invites are the selection order, not conf standing, also SEC will never send an East team to the Cotton Bowl, always West, even though the Cotton is the "#3" selection.

LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!!

Brand-new (repo'ed) doublewides for everyone if you win!

Ankf00
01-02-08, 10:37 PM
****ing awesome.

extramundane
01-03-08, 12:53 AM
Absolutely true conversation from about an hour ago:

Missus (who got her M.Ed. from WVU): Oh, WV's in a bowl game?

Me: Yeah, winning too.

Missus: Where's the game?

Me: Phoenix-ish

Missus (who also used to live in Phoenix): Oh good, there's lots of stuff in Phoenix that needs to be burned down.

racermike
01-03-08, 03:40 AM
A lot of candidates this bowl season for the "ass-handers" awards.

Tough to pick an overall winner, eeerrrrrrrrr, Loser

Insomniac
01-03-08, 09:56 AM
I think that was the best bowl game WVU has ever played from beginning to end. Just wow. The exact opposite of the Pitt game.

Bill Stewart will be named the new Head Coach (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5inPRTL50H_zNUG-A-TFMfrjE6kvAD8TUDA700) today as well. I wonder if they can convince Calvin Magee to stay instead of going to Michigan?

dando
01-03-08, 11:10 AM
I think that was the best bowl game WVU has ever played from beginning to end. Just wow. The exact opposite of the Pitt game.

Any coincidence they played like that with Rich leaving? ;)

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-03-08, 11:51 AM
Any coincidence they played like that with Rich leaving? ;)

-Kevin

I said before the play calling couldn't be any worse. Well, that and Pat White played the whole game.

I don't know what happened to Steve Slaton this year. What a big change from last year to this year. And he says he wasn't injured either. Was it a confluence of things like the O-Line, him gaining some weight and defenses better prepared for the spread? Or was it just one of those things.

dando
01-03-08, 12:02 PM
Oh, and that was one of the poorest called games evar by Stoopsie. WTF was he thinking? It was like the anti-Les Miles called the plays. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-03-08, 01:34 PM
WVU just out-executed them. They had the speed to swarm to the ball and stuff the run, even between the tackles which surprised me. Sound tackling, even by their kicker :laugh: OU's o-line has made the diff this year, but couldn't get off the ball well, pass blocking was horrible, bradford passed about as well as Pat White, never playing against a 3-3-5 front exacerbated that at least a little bit. OU's tackling, well, looked like Evil Roy Williams has been coaching them during the break, because they took angles and tackled just about as well as that "pro bowler." :laugh: They probably started believing their press clippings and got a bit out of game shape.

just one request for Fox, do you really have to play the fight song for 10 minutes at a time? Even when it's a WVU TD or 1st down? really? :shakehead :yuck:

god yesterday was one glorious day.

TravelGal
01-03-08, 01:51 PM
Fan tab u lous.

Made up in part for the day before when our teams lost.

First half tackling was almost unbelievable. And when the momentum turned against them in the beginning of the second half, they just turned it right back around toward themselves again.

Yippppeeeee!

Ankf00
01-03-08, 02:06 PM
quick, somebody, call 911, get help!!!

Noel Devine just broke OU's ankles. Again!

Don Quixote
01-03-08, 03:01 PM
WVU's kicker is the modern day version of Lou Groza. Back in the day, Lou would be the first defender down field on a kickoff, and since he was o-line size, he made his fair share of stops.

I was waiting for Rich Rodriguez to show up in the broadcast booth to once again upstage the contest on the field and once again explain his side of the story. What an ass. :thumdown:

jcollins28
01-03-08, 04:19 PM
UM's Mallett planning to transfer
Photo
Mallett

Zoom | Photo Reprints

By ZACH SILKA
BLADE SPORTS WRITER

Rich Rodriguez's tenure as the head football coach at the University of Michigan is only in its second day, but he may have already lost one of the Wolverines.

There is speculation out of Ann Arbor that freshman quarterback Ryan Mallett has decided to leave Michigan and will transfer to UCLA, according to a person close to the team.

Michigan associate athletic director Bruce Madej said no paperwork has come across his desk regarding Mallett's transfer and that as far as he knows, Mallett is still enrolled at Michigan.

"He came back with us, so I just saw him yesterday," Madej said. "He was talking with the guys about seeing them next week."

Mallett told The Blade on Dec. 26 during the team's preparations for the Capital One Bowl in Orlando that he wanted to remain a Wolverine next season.

Retired Michigan coach Lloyd Carr said Wednesday he was aware of Mallett's decision but would leave it up to him to make the announcement.

"What I hope is Ryan Mallett stays at Michigan," Carr said Wednesday before boarding a team bus at Orlando's Peabody Hotel. "Because I think potentially he can be one of the great quarterbacks that's come along. He's matured dramatically in the last two or three months."

In a fill-in role for oft-injured quarterback Chad Henne, Mallett started three games this season for the Wolverines and appeared in eight others, throwing for 892 yards with seven touchdowns and five interceptions. He was 3-0 in his starts against Notre Dame, Penn State and Minnesota.

:thumbup: Great pick up for UCLA this guy is an absolute stud! I bet UM old QB coach comes over as well.

Insomniac
01-03-08, 04:30 PM
OU's tackling, well, looked like Evil Roy Williams has been coaching them during the break, because they took angles and tackled just about as well as that "pro bowler." :laugh: They probably started believing their press clippings and got a bit out of game shape.

They weren't ready for that speed. They took angles that may've worked before but not against WVU in the open field. Then again, most runners didn't get in the open field against them during the regular season.

Insomniac
01-03-08, 04:32 PM
WVU's kicker is the modern day version of Lou Groza. Back in the day, Lou would be the first defender down field on a kickoff, and since he was o-line size, he made his fair share of stops.

I'm trying to figure out how the guy can blast punts, but not kick-offs for touchbacks in a closed roof stadium?

Insomniac
01-03-08, 04:35 PM
:thumbup: Great pick up for UCLA this guy is an absolute stud! I bet UM old QB coach comes over as well.

It would be awwsome, however doubtful, if WVU could convince Terrelle Pryor to come still. Him and Noel Devine...

jcollins28
01-03-08, 04:38 PM
They weren't ready for that speed. They took angles that may've worked before but not against WVU in the open field. Then again, most runners didn't get in the open field against them during the regular season.

WVU just out-executed them. They had the speed to swarm to the ball and stuff the run, even between the tackles which surprised me. Sound tackling, even by their kicker :laugh: OU's o-line has made the diff this year, but couldn't get off the ball well, pass blocking was horrible, bradford passed about as well as Pat White, never playing against a 3-3-5 front exacerbated that at least a little bit. OU's tackling, well, looked like Evil Roy Williams has been coaching them during the break, because they took angles and tackled just about as well as that "pro bowler." :laugh: They probably started believing their press clippings and got a bit out of game shape.

just one request for Fox, do you really have to play the fight song for 10 minutes at a time? Even when it's a WVU TD or 1st down? really? :shakehead :yuck:

god yesterday was one glorious day.

My god does Roy Williams suck or what? Funny you should say that because I guess he was wearing his #38 during Cowboys practice yesterday.

dando
01-03-08, 04:48 PM

I'll give ya he's got an arm, but he struggled mightly last season. He really struggled with finesse throws.

-Kevin

dando
01-03-08, 04:51 PM
It would be awwsome, however doubtful, if WVU could convince Terrelle Pryor to come still. Him and Noel Devine...

Recruiting 'expert' the other day said he thought the Ugly Duckies would likely get Pryor. Frankly, he seems like a bit of a prima donna, so I'm sure landing him would be a good thing. :\

-Kevin

jcollins28
01-03-08, 04:52 PM

I really do not care where Pryor goes just as long as he is out of the Pac-10 this makes it twice as sweet for UCLA.

Ankf00
01-03-08, 04:58 PM
I'll give ya he's got an arm, but he struggled mightly last season. He really struggled with finesse throws.

-Kevin

his biggest liability is his lead feet imo, I know he was the big 5* out of TX last year, but couldn't care less that we didn't push hard for him w/ Chiles coming in, even though Chiles is a major project and only played 1 year of QB in HS.

Mallet was a Tr FR this year though, sky's the limit in the right offense.

Dr. Corkski
01-03-08, 06:25 PM

-KevinAt this point UCWestwood will take any QB that doesn't end up in intensive care after getting sneezed on. :laugh:

Ankf00
01-03-08, 08:55 PM
bah.

nrc
01-03-08, 09:52 PM
Ohio State motivational material...
Qtfbpylk0eo

Andrew Longman
01-03-08, 10:14 PM
I'm trying to figure out how the guy can blast punts, but not kick-offs for touchbacks in a closed roof stadium?

Its a different deal. I punted and placekicked to ensure my seat on the travel squad for HS, college and 19 years of hypercompetitive flag football. Kicking is not nearly about leg strength as it is about technique and consistency.

As with a golf swing, it is more about hitting the ball well than hitting it hard. Maximum transfer of energy. But the techniques of place kicking are different enough from punting that I found I was always better at one then another at any given time.

Ankf00
01-04-08, 12:02 AM
god damnit, can they confirm the hiring so i can brag about it already? :flame:

Ankf00
01-04-08, 12:56 AM
holla!

Dr. Corkski
01-04-08, 03:23 AM
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6493/capt64e46d9df2fa49e4ac3yg5.jpg

Can't think of a more fitting reward than a bowl of oranges for the job Mangino did this year. :thumbup:

coolhand
01-04-08, 03:43 AM
Why didn't they carry him off the field?

Insomniac
01-04-08, 11:48 AM
Its a different deal. I punted and placekicked to ensure my seat on the travel squad for HS, college and 19 years of hypercompetitive flag football. Kicking is not nearly about leg strength as it is about technique and consistency.

As with a golf swing, it is more about hitting the ball well than hitting it hard. Maximum transfer of energy. But the techniques of place kicking are different enough from punting that I found I was always better at one then another at any given time.

Interesting. Do kickers have to kick off from a tee or can they punt the kick-off?

Insomniac
01-04-08, 11:49 AM
Why didn't they carry him off the field?

Why was he afraid of a gatorade bath?

dando
01-04-08, 12:04 PM
Ohio State motivational material...

Is that the video Tress gave to the players before Xmas break?

http://dispatch.com/live/content/football/stories/2008/01/04/osufb_notes04.ART_ART_01-04-08_C6_A18V8PI.html?sid=101

It was meant to get the players' blood boiling, to fire them up for their national championship game Monday against Louisiana State.

Like a roller coaster, it probably should have come with a warning: This is not for the very young, very old, or those with serious medical conditions.

"I went home and I'm like, 'Nana, you're not going to believe what they gave us,' and she's like, 'Oh, let me watch it,' " Boone said. "My grandma, she's a little crazy. So we go downstairs and we start watching it, and she's folding the clothes and she just starts getting really (ticked) off.

"She's screaming back at the TV, and I'm like, 'Nana, calm down, it's just a DVD.' "

:D

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-04-08, 01:24 PM
well, since "why are we even playing in this game, we already beat michigan" attitude didn't get the job done in last year's game, maybe this new england patriot's act will get it done this year :gomer: :D

dando
01-04-08, 01:36 PM
well, since "why are we even playing in this game, we already beat michigan" attitude didn't get the job done in last year's game, maybe this new england patriot's act will get it done this year

W. If it works I'm all for it. :thumbup: SEC speed. :thumdown:

http://images.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/Holiday_Bowl_2.JPG

:gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-04-08, 02:12 PM
hah, I know the old man in the back.

Insomniac
01-04-08, 03:08 PM
well, since "why are we even playing in this game, we already beat michigan" attitude didn't get the job done in last year's game, maybe this new england patriot's act will get it done this year :gomer: :D

They still need to make up disrespect where it doesn't exist. :D

dando
01-04-08, 03:19 PM
They still need to make up disrespect where it doesn't exist. :D

It does. Clearly. Listen to The Herd, Mark May, Trev Alberts (apparently crawled out from under a rock recently) and the like. There is a bias until we prove it otherwise. Game on. :thumbup:

Oh, and just to add...rightfully so after their performance on 1/8/07.

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-04-08, 03:36 PM
It does. Clearly. Listen to The Herd, Mark May, Trev Alberts (apparently crawled out from under a rock recently) and the like. There is a bias until we prove it otherwise. Game on. :thumbup:

-Kevin

there is no bias, there's only the egg you guys laid last year after pounding your chests for a month and a half about how no one's even deserving of playing you. :p

Don Quixote
01-04-08, 05:59 PM
... after pounding your chests for a month and a half ... :p link? :D :p

Insomniac
01-04-08, 06:22 PM

Oh, and just to add...rightfully so after their performance on 1/8/07.

-Kevin

Ohhh, I thought LSU was favored and most people felt they would win. Rodney Harrison would cry about the disrespect from the media when they were favored and picked to win by almost everyone but the usual suspects. Only the people in the locker room believed they could win.

Ankf00
01-04-08, 06:55 PM
FINALLY...

Will Muschamp, Longhorn http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/hookem.gif

warning: Will Muschamp will call arky a bunch of mfr's.
yyeby6qHlDA

His defense will be even more glorious than Greg Robinsons. I think it moved...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2249/2165581745_bc84b68498.jpg?v=0

Don Quixote
01-04-08, 07:45 PM
Does this mean that finally Colt = Montana. :D

Ankf00
01-04-08, 07:51 PM
means Florida can now finally win against Auburn

...maybe :gomer: :D

Andrew Longman
01-04-08, 09:04 PM
Just so you know...

My wife's cousin lives in TO (most of his life) and has suddenly discovered NCAA bowl games... all sparked by tomorrow's International Bowl.

For him it might as well be the Rose Bowl. Thinks its the coolest thing. He and his wife will be in the Skydome, er Rodgers Center tomorrow.

Good for him... but I haven't the heart to give him a more calibrated perspective.

dando
01-04-08, 09:40 PM
Just so you know...

My wife's cousin lives in TO (most of his life) and has suddenly discovered NCAA bowl games... all sparked by tomorrow's International Bowl.

For him it might as well be the Rose Bowl. Thinks its the coolest thing. He and his wife will be in the Skydome, er Rodgers Center tomorrow.

Good for him... but I haven't the heart to give him a more calibrated perspective.

Go Ball State! :p

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
01-05-08, 10:19 AM
Go Ball State! :p

-Kevin

I don't know if they still do it, but UofM used to always announce the Ball State and Slippery Rock scores during their home games... just because they had funny names.

Your silly named Ball St can lick my, well...

Actually, my cousin has his Phd from that fine Muncie institution. :)

Andrew Longman
01-05-08, 05:15 PM
Red Kanigguts roll over Ball St 52-30!

Donte Love gave RU fits but otherwise Ball St just got beat up. Wicked hits

Rice nearly 300 yard by himself. Teel more than 300 yards passing. Pretty sweet. :D

dando
01-05-08, 05:38 PM

Rice nearly 300 yard by himself. Teel more than 300 yards passing. Pretty sweet. :D

Congrats WGAF Bowl Champs 2008! :gomer: Tomorrow we have the Mr. Irrelevant Bowl. :saywhat: The HS All * games prolly garnered a bigger rating than RU/BS.

-Kevin

dando
01-07-08, 01:31 PM
Gameday!!!11!!!!111111!! It's on bitches! :tony:

The $$$ has moved to OSU the past couple of weeks from 4.5 initially to 3.5 today....basically a home field spread. I suspect it will be a close game and not for the faint of heart. 20-17 The OSU. GO BUCKS!

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-07-08, 01:47 PM
if tOSU loses, can we pass a constitutional amendment banning okie, buckeye, and hokie from ever playing in a BCS game again?

dando
01-07-08, 02:18 PM
if tOSU loses, can we pass a constitutional amendment banning okie, buckeye, and hokie from ever playing in a BCS game again?

No. And as further punishment, you'll be forced to watch The OSU in another 3 BC$ title games in 5 years, yo. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-07-08, 02:20 PM
So you're saying the SEC will win another 4 titles in the next 6 years? I can live with that...

Insomniac
01-07-08, 02:40 PM
Go LSU! (You can thank two friends of mine who paid zero attention to football and then they go to OSU, still pay no attention to football, they make it to the championship against Miami and they turned into the most annoying people in the world for my anyone over OSU stance. :))

Ankf00
01-07-08, 03:29 PM

what was the rating for this one while the rest of America watched the Army AA and ESPNU HS all-star games? 2 viewers? 3? :gomer:

Andrew Longman
01-07-08, 03:37 PM
what was the rating for this one while the rest of America watched the Army AA and ESPNU HS all-star games? 2 viewers? 3? :gomer:

Bite me. They won. It was a good game. I watched. It felt good. :D

Just too bad they had to leave the country and wait until 5 January to play.

Don Quixote
01-07-08, 06:29 PM
You know I actually feel sorry for those LSU players tonight.

dando
01-07-08, 09:32 PM
SEC speed. :D

-Kevin

pchall
01-07-08, 10:59 PM
Ohio State is down two TDs to LSU and I'm loving it.

Die, *uckeyes! Die!

Ankf00
01-08-08, 02:35 AM
i honestly do not understand this conference obsession business. I understand it on the SEC's part b/c those hick ass goobers have been getting their asses handed to them by the rest of the country for the past 150 years. But I'm watching the game tonight w/ a hawkeye and penn st alum, and they're both on the edge of their seat cheering for tOSU.

if OU or aggy are ever in a bowl game I've always hoped they get rolled by 5 TDs, and I always will. I'm not ****ing Baylor or Arkansas where the only chance for pride I'll ever have is bragging about my conference. **** the Big 8, all they ever had was NU and OU, not like the rest of them were ever worth crap. if OU wins, ok, conference cred, that's cool and all, but **** them anyway. goters cheering tigers? hawkeyes cheering bucks? bucks cheering wolverines?

DOGS AND CATS, LIVING TOGETHER!!!

http://www.lazydork.com/movies/ghostbusters.jpg

Ankf00
01-08-08, 02:51 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA010708.aggies-horns.en.1cf37d93.html

thanksgiving night, holla!!!

Insomniac
01-08-08, 09:32 AM
At least OSU won the kicking contest at halftime. :D

Insomniac
01-08-08, 09:44 AM
For those interested:

http://i18.tinypic.com/6sqf30n.jpg

dando
01-08-08, 01:35 PM
I'll beat y'all to it:

O-H!

N-O!

:gomer:

Congrats to LSU. Our couches thank you. :)

-Kevin

dando
01-08-08, 01:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3186232

The president of the University of Georgia is calling for an eight-team playoff system for college football's top division, saying the Bowl Championship Series -- which left Georgia out of its championship game -- has become a "beauty contest largely stage-managed by the networks."

In a public statement and a letter to NCAA president Myles Brand, Georgia president Michael F. Adams, who is also chairman of the NCAA executive committee, called for an eight-team playoff to decide the national championship, with the opening rounds to be played in the four major BCS bowl games. He proposed the change be made as soon as the contracts that govern the BCS expire.

:thumbup:

Precisely what I've been advocating, but it ain't gonna happen. Ain't no way the schools will give up the $$$ associated with the 12th game. That ship has sailed. :\

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-08-08, 01:47 PM
Final AP:
1. LSU (60) 12-2 1,620
2. Georgia (3) 11-2 1,515
3. USC (1) 11-2 1,500
4. Missouri 12-2 1,347
5. Ohio State 11-2 1,346
6. West Virginia 11-2 1,342
7. Kansas (1) 12-1 1,303
8. Oklahoma 11-3 1,139
9. Virginia Tech 11-3 1,096
10. Texas 10-3 962
10. Boston College 11-3 962
12. Tennessee 10-4 904
13. Florida 9-4 685
14. Brigham Young 11-2 654
15. Auburn 9-4 648
16. Arizona State 10-3 587
17. Cincinnati 10-3 566
18. Michigan 9-4 508
19. Hawaii 12-1 460
20. Illinois 9-4 443
21. Clemson 9-4 353
22. Texas Tech 9-4 308
23. Oregon 9-4 253
24. Wisconsin 9-4 202
25. Oregon State 9-4 110

dando
01-08-08, 01:49 PM
BTW, the game broadcast last night was pathetic. I was actually wishing Mushbooger and crew were doing the game. :thumdown:

-Kevin

stroker
01-08-08, 02:50 PM
Final AP:
1. LSU (60) 12-2 1,620
2. Georgia (3) 11-2 1,515
3. USC (1) 11-2 1,500
4. Missouri 12-2 1,347
5. Ohio State 11-2 1,346
6. West Virginia 11-2 1,342
7. Kansas (1) 12-1 1,303
8. Oklahoma 11-3 1,139
9. Virginia Tech 11-3 1,096
10. Texas 10-3 962
10. Boston College 11-3 962
12. Tennessee 10-4 904
13. Florida 9-4 685
14. Brigham Young 11-2 654
15. Auburn 9-4 648
16. Arizona State 10-3 587
17. Cincinnati 10-3 566
18. Michigan 9-4 508
19. Hawaii 12-1 460
20. Illinois 9-4 443
21. Clemson 9-4 353
22. Texas Tech 9-4 308
23. Oregon 9-4 253
24. Wisconsin 9-4 202
25. Oregon State 9-4 110

Mizzou at the top of the Big 12? Isn't that one of the Seven Signs?

Insomniac
01-08-08, 03:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3186232

:thumbup:

Precisely what I've been advocating, but it ain't gonna happen. Ain't no way the schools will give up the $$$ associated with the 12th game. That ship has sailed. :\

-Kevin

3 games away from home in 3 consecutive weeks to be the champion? This just isn't going to work. The bowls have traditions they don't want to give up. It's too deep into January now. I'd suggest starting it the week before the New Year Bowls and have the game hosted as a home game for the top seeds. But then that leaves 2 games for the next week and 4 bowls. Plus, what about fans.

And whatever with Georgia. If you can't win your conference, boo-hoo. It's the only objective way to pick teams. Find a new conference or find a way to win in the one you're in. You may be ranked #2, but you were the second best team in your HALF of the conference.

dando
01-08-08, 03:15 PM
And whatever with Georgia. If you can't win your conference, boo-hoo. It's the only objective way to pick teams. Find a new conference or find a way to win in the one you're in. You may be ranked #2, but you were the second best team in your HALF of the conference.

They didn't even win their division, let alone the SEC...and still received a BC$ bid. :saywhat: Be happy with what ya got, yo. Oh, and don't get blowed out by Dayglo Orange.

The problem with going deeper into January is you start competing with the NFL playoffs. A +1 game is probably as good as we can get for now, which basically uses the current format of the BC$ Championship game. I'd love to watch USC depants Les Miles right now. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-08-08, 03:19 PM
And whatever with Georgia. If you can't win your conference, boo-hoo. It's the only objective way to pick teams. Find a new conference or find a way to win in the one you're in. You may be ranked #2, but you were the second best team in your HALF of the conference. exactly, similar BS when OU played LSU in '03 after getting throttled by KSU even though that was a Kansas home game. difference being OU won their division.

a problem with the playoffs incorporating existing bowls is traveling fans. a lot of the greatness of the college way is the fan support/attendance and the atmosphere that creates, unlike the superbowl where it's 80% corporate tickets. the problem with a +1 is a title game right after the semis, are fans going to buy tickets to both? or only one? or just the final game? an 8 teamer exacerbates this dilemma... are the advanced rounds only going to be corporate tickets superbowl style?

Andrew Longman
01-08-08, 04:01 PM
There was a link here a while back to an SI or ESPN column that I thought was great. Can't find it though.

Basically, it said keep the bowl games out of it. Let them pick whomever they choose who are not in the playoffs. Fans can travel. Traditions upheld. TV gets their contracts. Whatever, but get the bowls and TV out of the championship business. That belongs to the schools and the NCAA.

Then play all the rounds of the playoffs, except the championship, at the higher seeded teams field. Just as they do with the other football division championships.

Start with 16 teams and no one can complained too loudly that they could have won the championship if only they had the chance.

Play the championship at a neutral site the week after New Years and all the bowls.

And finally, to get to 16 teams, forget the polls, simply go with conference champions (I think that's 12) and four at-large. Think you deserve a shot at the championship? Fine. Win your conference.

dando
01-08-08, 06:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3186871

Buh-bye, Ray Rice.

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-09-08, 08:57 AM
There was a link here a while back to an SI or ESPN column that I thought was great. Can't find it though.

Basically, it said keep the bowl games out of it. Let them pick whomever they choose who are not in the playoffs. Fans can travel. Traditions upheld. TV gets their contracts. Whatever, but get the bowls and TV out of the championship business. That belongs to the schools and the NCAA.

Then play all the rounds of the playoffs, except the championship, at the higher seeded teams field. Just as they do with the other football division championships.

Start with 16 teams and no one can complained too loudly that they could have won the championship if only they had the chance.

Play the championship at a neutral site the week after New Years and all the bowls.

And finally, to get to 16 teams, forget the polls, simply go with conference champions (I think that's 12) and four at-large. Think you deserve a shot at the championship? Fine. Win your conference.

You think the current BCS bowls would accept being left with picking from the rest of the teams that didn't make the play-offs. Especially 16 teams? I think the only feasible number is 4. They would be giving up 2 more teams from where they are now.

But, you're right, they should have it as a new independent system. I say 16 is too many. 8 at most and the first requirement is conference champion. There are 11 conferences. Make it kind of like the Premiership. The first 4 losers play a second game (based on their seeding). The 2 losers of that have their conferences kicked out the following year and 2 of the other 3 get bumped up for the next year. They can start in December and finish as they do now. Plus this has the added benefit of telling ND to find a conference or stick with bowl games. :)

Andrew Longman
01-09-08, 10:23 AM
You think the current BCS bowls would accept being left with picking from the rest of the teams that didn't make the play-offs. Especially 16 teams?

Who says they get a choice? The point is to take back control of the championship from the bowl committees.

Keep in mind that the bowls are run by local chamber of commerce, old boy types in plaid jackets who like to bring the tourist to their crap city. And they are in bed with ESPN who gets better ratings for the bowl season than they do for MLB. For them its just low cost programming and they push for more bowls every year.

But they don't get bowls unless the NCAA grants them. What they give they can take away.

Its gotta be 16 teams. There are 11 conferences plus a handful of indepentents. If your conference in worthy of being 1A then winning your conference should mean you are worthy of competing in the playoffs. Eight is not enough. Someone will always have a legit case to complain they were locked out.

Granted there would be too few teams for the existing bowls if you took 16 for the playoffs, but that shouldn't be the reason to not have a playoff. Just get rid of some of the bowls

Ankf00
01-09-08, 11:04 AM
Eight is not enough. Someone will always have a legit case to complain they were locked out. There has never been a 9th ranked team w/ non-specious a title claim.