PDA

View Full Version : Fall is in the Air!! - Football

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

jcollins28
09-29-07, 07:25 PM
i'm getting ucla ore st on tv, too bad it's not cal/oregon

You should turn it off. Not worth watching unless they fire Dorell for the half time show.

Ankf00
09-29-07, 07:45 PM
i was expecting the reaming to come next weekend in Dallas, this weekend was supposed to be comfort and safety at home.

every unit sucked balls, the line was so horrible i'm shocked the rbs ever gained anything positive, but rbs sucked too whenever they had space to work with. 4 picks, 3 on tips, all while getting hit, still missed wide f'ing open guys too often. dbs burnt by jordy over and over, lb'ers have always been weak under mack, but playing seniors over sophmores and juniors with more skill is costing us. no one could wrap up, no pressure. wr is deepest most talented unit, and dropped balls everywhere, most disappointing b/c it could've saved the game. and special teams, the kick coverage units, burnt twice.

20 points offense w/ 3 picks
21 points non-offense w/ the 4th pick.

:shakehead

racermike
09-29-07, 09:17 PM
Ducks finally lost to Cal, so I feel your pain Ank

At least we are not fans of the pathetic Notre Dame 0-5'ers

There .. I feel better already

dando
09-29-07, 11:43 PM
Gay Goters. :p

-Kevin

skaven
09-30-07, 12:16 AM
Gay Goters. :p

-Kevin

:yuck:

Auburns last 4 wins vs. UF (going back to '94 I think), UF was ranked #1, #1, #2 and now #4. They know how to ruin our seasons...

They beat us last year and we still won it all, but with so many freshmen and sophomores playing, I knew this would be a tough game... hence the humility post from 09-28-2007 09:21 PM....

Penalties (roughing the punter, false start on a successful 4th down conversion) and a missed field goal killed us today. LSU will probably kill us next weekend and two SEC losses might not be enough to win our division with UK, USCe, UGA and maybe even UT all having something to prove. We should defect to the Big11... :gomer:

coolhand
09-30-07, 12:17 AM
whew :D

nrc
09-30-07, 12:41 AM
Penalties (roughing the punter, false start on a successful 4th down conversion)...How do you have a "successful 4th conversion" on a dead ball foul?

ferrarigod
09-30-07, 02:41 AM
raced home from the UF loss to watch crappy coverage of what could have been a great F1 race.

:yuck:

hey, but at least Notre Dame is still 0-5

ferrarigod
09-30-07, 02:55 AM
another announcement, i met this girl today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X0xtKKQJi0

she's got fake breasts now(she's friends with some girls I know in Delta Zeta), and she was just as drunk today as she is in the video. The vid happened at Florida/Georgia in Jax. Nothing like meeting an internet celeb.

i can only hope to imagine meeting ,,,,, and spicoli one day, then my triumverate of interweb g00bs is complete!

p.s. watch the vid all the way through, it gets precious around 1 min :D

:laugh:

p.p.s. i think i'm gonna call her this week ;)

Insomniac
09-30-07, 10:37 AM
Scarlet letters will be next. So much for the Big lEast being legit, yo. :laugh: :tony:

-Kevin

Really? You're still on that? They went 5-0 in bowl games last year (Big Ten, 2-5). More teams in the Top 25 than the Big Ten.

Insomniac
09-30-07, 10:40 AM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5417/image001wc1.jpg

I was waiting for that picture. Funny thing is, I can't fault the D. They had a ton of turnovers and still only gave up 2 TDs.

It's a shame to. So many of the things WVU needed to happen to maybe play for a Championship happened yesterday. Looks like they lost some key people in the offensive line.

Sean O'Gorman
09-30-07, 10:51 AM
another announcement, i met this girl today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X0xtKKQJi0

she's got fake breasts now(she's friends with some girls I know in Delta Zeta), and she was just as drunk today as she is in the video. The vid happened at Florida/Georgia in Jax. Nothing like meeting an internet celeb.

i can only hope to imagine meeting ,,,,, and spicoli one day, then my triumverate of interweb g00bs is complete!

p.s. watch the vid all the way through, it gets precious around 1 min :D

:laugh:

p.p.s. i think i'm gonna call her this week ;)

Wow, congratulations on meeting an annoying ugly girl who probably upgraded to a B cup with her fake tits.

Methanolandbrats
09-30-07, 11:23 AM
Wow, congratulations on meeting an annoying ugly girl who probably upgraded to a B cup with her fake tits.From the look of that video she is pursuing a double major in both alcoholism and stupidity.

dando
09-30-07, 11:23 AM
More teams in the Top 25 than the Big Ten.

A true measure of kwality fer sure. :gomer: I'm also not sure you can compare the bowl records w/o comparing opponents. Big 10 generally played against SEC and PAC 10 teams instead of ACC and Big-12 chumps. NW and Minnesota had no business being in bowl games last season either. :irked:

I'm certainly not boasting about the Big Ten +1....Wisky has issues, PSU is suspect, and UM was fortunate to beat a NW team that The OSU destroyed last week. In any case, I'll take your #1 over our #1 any day of the week. :)

-Kevin

ferrarigod
09-30-07, 01:09 PM
Wow, congratulations on meeting an annoying ugly girl who probably upgraded to a B cup with her fake tits.

who doesn't want to hit it and forget it with an internet celeb. :rofl:

dando
09-30-07, 02:40 PM
This week's polls goodness:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

LSU > USC in the AP. :eek: The OSU gets #1 vote in the USA Today poll. :laugh: LLLLLLLoyd Carr? :gomer:

Big lEast > Big Ten by one team, yo. UC and USF...they're that good. :tony:

-Kevin

jcollins28
09-30-07, 02:46 PM
That USA Today poll is lame! No way in hell UCLA should be ranked after getting raped by Utah.

coolhand
09-30-07, 03:21 PM
LSU got 1 more vote than SC in the AP poll

ferrarigod
09-30-07, 08:45 PM
Thank you ESPN for some of the most awesomeist laughter I've had in a long time. You guys over in bristol keep that hype machine under tight wraps.

Rise to Glory. I guess if setting new records of imcompetence is high on the glory list, llama on jabba.

if you'd like to purchase a copy, here's a nice link
http://www.amazon.com/New-Gold-Standard-Charlie-Notre/dp/1933060204

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1572/51grnuo6gylss500vj9.jpg

:rofl:

jcollins28
09-30-07, 08:53 PM
Here is another good football book.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t17/Grok451/fb4dummiesbk.jpg

http://images.bruinsnation.com/images/admin/footballfordummies2Rev.jpg

skaven
09-30-07, 08:57 PM
How do you have a "successful 4th conversion" on a dead ball foul?

Well, they lined up to punt, switched formations, snapped the ball and gained enough yards for a conversion. But... lo and behold, there was a flag on the ground and the play was called back forcing a punt. The bar I was at had baseball (Rockies) on volume, so I didn't hear the commentary, but the play certainly "got off."

Also, about 4 or 5 patrons in the bar "got off" when AUB hit the FG. Amazing how hated the Gators are out here. Guess folks were tired of us winning everything... :gomer:

Not sure how the rest of the year will play out, but as our young starters get experience, we should do better in the close games like last year. And hopefully Tebow will mature as a QB and learn to look for his second and third options instead of focusing on Percy Harvin most every play.... not a bad option, but we have too many players not to get more folks involved. Anyway, I'll quit now as I'm sure most of you could care less about the Gators beyond being happy that they lost. But UGA, etc. better try to get us this year as we'll be a much better team next year. :)

ferrarigod
09-30-07, 09:01 PM
Here is another good football book.

http://images.bruinsnation.com/images/admin/footballfordummies2Rev.jpg

thats nice. but the fact mine is real just seems even more awesome. nice find though. :gomer:

greenie
09-30-07, 11:08 PM

LSU struggled w/Tulane (my alma mater), USC struggled w/Washington, and USC gets leap frogged? I'd call BS, but it's really irrelevant.

If SC and LSU go undefeated, there's your title game. But there's potentially complete chaos if there's 8 teams w/one loss and a sham national title game.

NFL has a superbowl - that's why NFL > NCAA

nrc
10-01-07, 01:13 AM
Well, they lined up to punt, switched formations, snapped the ball and gained enough yards for a conversion. But... lo and behold, there was a flag on the ground and the play was called back forcing a punt. Dead ball foul - you can't assume anything about what happened after the flag was thrown and the whistle blew.

dando
10-01-07, 09:25 AM

That's a 22 vote swing from the previous week in the poll that is more meaningful, IMO. The coaches poll isn't really worth a **** as the coaches can't/don't spend the time watching all the teams.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-01-07, 10:54 AM
LSU struggled w/Tulane (my alma mater), USC struggled w/Washington, and USC gets leap frogged? I'd call BS, but it's really irrelevant. LSU pulled away from Tulane as soon as the 2nd half whistle blew. USC was puttering around the entire evening and Udub was in it until the final minutes.

That's a 22 vote swing from the previous week in the poll that is more meaningful, IMO. The coaches poll isn't really worth a **** as the coaches can't/don't spend the time watching all the teams.
-Kevin AP's not much better when they raise Notre Dame a spot after they lose in teh greatest game evar.

I like this one, which I've been harping about for 3 seasons now: http://www.mcspoll.com/

Andrew Longman
10-01-07, 11:09 AM
http://www.moviepublicity.com/image_assets/wedding_crashers_DF-14916-17F.jpg

Crab Cakes And Football, That's What Maryland Does!

The Maryland O and D line simply man handled Rutgers. It was clear from the opening drive Rutgers superior speed wasn't going to do it. If R had gone pass happy they might have had a chance out scoring them, but their D wasn't ever going to keep Maryland from running over them.

Time to pick up the pieces. :cry:

Don Quixote
10-01-07, 11:39 AM
I call b.s. on the Charlie Weis book cover. Digitally altered to make him look thinner. :laugh:

Insomniac
10-01-07, 12:31 PM
LSU pulled away from Tulane as soon as the 2nd half whistle blew. USC was puttering around the entire evening and Udub was in it until the final minutes.

AP's not much better when they raise Notre Dame a spot after they lose in teh greatest game evar.

I like this one, which I've been harping about for 3 seasons now: http://www.mcspoll.com/

There simply shouldn't be a meaningful poll produced until halfway through the season.

meaningful = the poll is used to determine something.

skaven
10-01-07, 05:30 PM
Dead ball foul - you can't assume anything about what happened after the flag was thrown and the whistle blew.

Did you hear the whistle blow? Did they even blow the whistle? If so, when did you hear it blow? Did the flag come out before the snap? Did the whistle blow before the snap? Did the Auburn players making the tackle hear a whistle or see a flag before making the play?

Or, as it appeared to happen, did the ref throw the flag after the snap for "illegal procedure?" It looked like a late flag to me.

So unless you tell me you saw the flag and heard the whistle before the snap, it looked like a late (valid) flag. Late flag notwithstanding, UF would have converted.

And this isn't meant to take anything away from Auburn as they had a great gameplan and came to play. Our play calling was too predictable and we had too many penalties to win. We probably should have gotten a couple of additional false starts as I saw two occasions where the backfield blockers appeared to lean forward before the snap.

Andrew Longman
10-01-07, 06:25 PM
Didn't see it but Skaven from your earlier post it sounds as if when they came out of the punt formation they might not have put 7 men on the line which is illegal procedure, and unlike a false start, not a dead ball foul. In which case if they had not made the first down, Auburn would have declined the penalty and taken the ball.

OTOH, if there was a false start you can't assume anything. Players know when someone jumps and often let up on the play.

skaven
10-01-07, 07:36 PM
Didn't see it but Skaven from your earlier post it sounds as if when they came out of the punt formation they might not have put 7 men on the line which is illegal procedure, and unlike a false start, not a dead ball foul. In which case if they had not made the first down, Auburn would have declined the penalty and taken the ball.

OTOH, if there was a false start you can't assume anything. Players know when someone jumps and often let up on the play.

Those are good points and I think explains the situation better. Not being able to hear the commentators (stupid baseball), I wasn't exactly sure what happened. I guessed false start in my initial post which opened the door for my assumption (that UF would have converted) to be questioned, but I gleaned from other message boards that it was actually illegal procedure. If you are correct, then it is good they got the yardage otherwise Auburn would have declined the penalty and taken the ball over in UF territory.

It certainly appeared that neither Auburn nor UF let up on the play.

Thanks... I guess I shouldn't assume anything as you say. Or I should just get cable so I can watch and hear the game. Lastly, sorry nrc for the barrage of questions, just trying to figure out what indeed happened on the play.

ferrarigod
10-02-07, 12:49 AM
Did you hear the whistle blow? Did they even blow the whistle? If so, when did you hear it blow? Did the flag come out before the snap? Did the whistle blow before the snap? Did the Auburn players making the tackle hear a whistle or see a flag before making the play?

Or, as it appeared to happen, did the ref throw the flag after the snap for "illegal procedure?" It looked like a late flag to me.

So unless you tell me you saw the flag and heard the whistle before the snap, it looked like a late (valid) flag. Late flag notwithstanding, UF would have converted.

And this isn't meant to take anything away from Auburn as they had a great gameplan and came to play. Our play calling was too predictable and we had too many penalties to win. We probably should have gotten a couple of additional false starts as I saw two occasions where the backfield blockers appeared to lean forward before the snap.

UF lost. period. Last year's "fumble" is over, just as anything else.

Auburn pwnz UF.

no call was going to make UF better than Auburn saturday. UF got worked by Auburn and UF played like ****. plain and simple.

dando
10-02-07, 02:52 PM
Goter cap'n busted:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3046053

-Kevin

Gnam
10-02-07, 04:47 PM
Great use of the email forward button...

The Proper Way to Pronounce ' Oklahoma '

There is a right way and a wrong way to pronounce Oklahoma.

The proper way is:

'Okla . . . homa'

(There's a pause between the 'a' and the 'h'.)

See the reason below.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7518/oklahomajg3.png

There, you learned something today!

ferrarigod
10-02-07, 05:19 PM
Goter cap'n busted:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3046053

-Kevin

if you knew what the parking and towing was like down here you'd understand what is going on.

the way this system is set up is complete ********. i'm not defending him, clearly he's a moron, but honestly, I found more parking spots in NYC and feared getting towed less there than I do here. It is constantly a talking point in our newspaper and government, and nothing is ever done.

the whole situation is idiotic.

Methanolandbrats
10-02-07, 05:48 PM
See reason above..............what cost more, her tits or the necklace :confused: OkieCosmoGirl :yuck:

Ankf00
10-03-07, 06:41 PM
crimson and cream make pink.

ferrarigod
10-04-07, 11:34 PM
the ole ball couch put a hurt on the football zone that is kentucky.

if UF slips up against LSU, you can welcome USCarolina to the SEC championship game.

dando
10-06-07, 03:13 PM
As previously noted, Wisky == top 10 posers. :gomer:

-Kevin

pchall
10-06-07, 11:12 PM
Check out the Rutgers/Cincinnati game on ESPN2. It's the start of the 4th quarter and Cincinnati scored three TDs in the third quarter to go ahead 28-20 after trailing 17-7 at the half.

FCYTravis
10-06-07, 11:34 PM
Cal Bears to #1 if Florida pulls this off?

dando
10-06-07, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure which is greater on the funness scale....U$C losing to The Tree or UCLA losing to the Jesus Squad. :D :laugh:

-Kevin

pchall
10-06-07, 11:56 PM

Nice game going on there with Fl and LSU.

#20 Cincinnati defeats #21 Rutgers on the road 28-23.

LSU wins.

FCYTravis
10-07-07, 12:04 AM
I don't think Tedford will be disappointed with No. 2, though :D

Booty - "****it, I'm throwing to a Cardinal." :rofl:

coolhand
10-07-07, 01:05 AM
Special Teams and Offense were horrible. The things obvious from last game were not fixed, penalties were still a problem. Player acting like fools, this loss is all on the coaches. The team is getting worse.

ST has always been bad the past few years, but the team was good enough to overcome that.

We missed an Extra Point and that came back and bit us. A few punchs were botched etc....

Offense, Our receivers could not catch crap. Booty threw two of the worst interceptions i have seen. One right to that guy who scored a TD and another were he threw OVER 6'5" Patrick Turner (Who would of dropped it anyway)

Even at the end Booty and PT connected where we would have been in FG range but Turner dropped it. This team deserved to lose. It may not be over because we get to play Cal still.

greenie
10-07-07, 01:11 AM

It's such a cluster **** in the NCAA - but Cal's gotta be #2 and LSU #1, until next weekend.

KAOS theory is reigning supreme. I like Cal's chances to get to the title game though. Good stuff.

Sean O'Gorman
10-07-07, 01:13 AM
Heh, the one time I root for Florida, and they lose.

greenie
10-07-07, 01:13 AM
Special Teams and Offense were horrible. The things obvious from last game were not fixed, penalties were still a problem. Player acting like fools, this loss is all on the coaches. The team is getting worse.

ST has always been bad the past few years, but the team was good enough to overcome that.

We missed an Extra Point and that came back and bit us. A few punchs were botched etc....

Offense, Our receivers could not catch crap. Booty threw two of the worst interceptions i have seen. One right to that guy who scored a TD and another were he threw OVER 6'5" Patrick Turner (Who would of dropped it anyway)

Even at the end Booty and PT connected where we would have been in FG range but Turner dropped it. This team deserved to lose. It may not be over because we get to play Cal still.

All that and this more importantly IMO, if Uncle Pete kicked the FG at the end of the 1st half, it's all academic. He didn't, and SC got what they deserved.

SC is too cocky and not a very good team. :shakehead

coolhand
10-07-07, 02:28 AM
SC is too cocky and not a very good team. :shakehead

Yep, it was embarrassing to see and O-lineman celebrate a tackle after a Standford Player returned and interception 20 yards.

Stanford was outmatched everywhere physically except they had some tall receivers, and this team could not pull it out

ferrarigod
10-07-07, 04:06 AM

if that happened i'd be shocked. OSU with a win has to move against a bye week.

I'd say lsu, osu, cal, usf, uscarolina top 5. 60% of that makes me laugh uncontrollably.:rofl:

skaven
10-07-07, 11:18 AM
Heh, the one time I root for Florida, and they lose.

Sorry to let you down... :gomer:

LSU was 5/5 on 4th downs and we couldn't get our defense off the field. We have some true freshman in there getting some experience on D, so the future looks good. Interesting that the criticism from Auburn was that we need to run the RB's more and get #7 more involved in the passing game. The two late turnovers came from an RB fumble and a pass ricocheted off #7's helmet.

Spicoli
10-07-07, 12:11 PM
http://i20.tinypic.com/j7q6xf.jpg

dando
10-07-07, 12:14 PM
^^^

Tallest dwarf syndrome. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Spicoli
10-07-07, 01:15 PM
^^^

Tallest dwarf syndrome. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

A win is a win. Tell them congrats or you are just a hypocrite / hater / junior.

ferrarigod
10-07-07, 01:54 PM
A win is a win. Tell them congrats or you are just a hypocrite / hater / junior.

ok, defender.

greenie
10-07-07, 02:52 PM
Yep, it was embarrassing to see and O-lineman celebrate a tackle after a Standford Player returned and interception 20 yards.

I still can't believe that happened - what a tool. :shakehead

FCYTravis
10-07-07, 03:50 PM
AP says Cal is No. 2 :cool: and they did it watching TV at home :rofl:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3053159

1. LSU (unanimous)
2. California
3. OSU
4. Boston College
5. USF
6. Oklahoma
7. South Carolina
8. West Virginia
9. Oregon
10. USuCk (that's down 8 with a bullet!)

coolhand
10-07-07, 04:30 PM
AP says Cal is No. 2 :cool: and they did it watching TV at home :rofl:

That is nothing unusual. did you start watching football yesterday or something? Sounds like bangwagoneer.

FCYTravis
10-07-07, 04:41 PM
That is nothing unusual. did you start watching football yesterday or something? Sounds like bangwagoneer.
There was plenty of speculation that OSU would leapfrog Cal after their rather convincing Purdue win. (Then again, I think Purdue's overrated.)

I grew up wearing blue and gold - my dad got his Ph.D at Berkeley. Bandwagoneer, I ain't.

Now USC's bandwagon, on the other hand, is gonna get a lot lighter...

ferrarigod
10-07-07, 05:16 PM
There was plenty of speculation that OSU would leapfrog Cal after their rather convincing Purdue win. (Then again, I think Purdue's overrated.)

I grew up wearing blue and gold - my dad got his Ph.D at Berkeley. Bandwagoneer, I ain't.

Now USC's bandwagon, on the other hand, is gonna get a lot lighter...

usc hate = good. its ******** however that cal gets #2. :shakehead

greenie
10-07-07, 06:01 PM
Coaches poll (the one that counts for the BCS)

1. LSU (58) 6-0 1,498
2. California 5-0 1,416
3. Ohio State (2) 6-0 1,399
4. Boston College 6-0 1,283
5. Oklahoma 5-1 1,145
5. South Florida 5-0 1,145
7. USC 4-1 1,000
8. Oregon 4-1 936
9. West Virginia 5-1 931
10. Virginia Tech 5-1 913
11. Missouri 5-0 897
12. South Carolina 5-1 823
13. Arizona State 6-0 763
14. Florida 4-2 714
15. Wisconsin 5-1 689
16. Hawaii 6-0 632
17. Cincinnati 6-0 578
18. Kentucky 5-1 493
19. Illinois 5-1 425
20. Kansas 5-0 390
21. Florida State 4-1 213
22. Texas 4-2 195
23. Georgia 4-2 188
24. Purdue 5-1 149
25. Auburn 4-2 143

USC got a bigtime break - they're still in the title hunt. It will be funny if/when LSU goes undefeated then loses to FL (or whoever) in the SEC title game and gets bounced in favor of whoever else.

FCYTravis
10-07-07, 07:56 PM
Wow - you're right greenie, USC got a huuuuuge break.

Those coaches are smoking some crack to rank the Condoms ahead of Oregon - or Missouri, for that matter. The Ducks' one loss is to the No. 2 team in the country. USC's one loss is to the No. 9 or 10 team in the Pac-10.

USC's got a tough path to even get to the Rose Bowl, much less win a national title. Unless Cal and ASU both fold up, Carroll's boys have to win on the road at Memorial, Autzen and Sun Devil stadiums, playing three Top-15 teams.

PAC-TEN FOOT-BALL! :cool:

dando
10-07-07, 09:45 PM

**** that. Domer :gomer:s still suck...just a degree less than ~24 hours or so ago. I wish ND was in the Big 10+1 so we can turn them into the new NW. :p

-Kevin

dando
10-07-07, 10:15 PM
Wow - you're right greenie, USC got a huuuuuge break.

Those coaches are smoking some crack to rank the Condoms ahead of Oregon - or Missouri, for that matter. The Ducks' one loss is to the No. 2 team in the country. USC's one loss is to the No. 9 or 10 team in the Pac-10.

USC's got a tough path to even get to the Rose Bowl, much less win a national title. Unless Cal and ASU both fold up, Carroll's boys have to win on the road at Memorial, Autzen and Sun Devil stadiums, playing three Top-15 teams.

I don't have a problem with Cal being ranked #2, as they currently have a better kwality win than The OSU in Ducks over Huskies.

Mizzou's issue is that they reside in the Big Twinkie North, which is regarded as being on par or possibly worse than the Big lEast. *gasp*

Don't fergit that Cal plays @ ASU, @ UW, and U$C. I suspect one of those will cause some issues for da Bears. Time will tell... :)

-Kevin

greenie
10-07-07, 10:19 PM

True, but they had that tough path to begin with. Those are late sked games, and you can't lose late. The reality is that SC would benefit bigtime by beating both of those teams when highly ranked late.

I have to agree in full. There's some good teams in the Pac 10, and they tend to dish out a lot of hurt on other conferences. (note that ND is an independent :gomer: x UCLA)

FCYTravis
10-07-07, 10:28 PM
Don't fergit that Cal plays @ ASU, @ UW, and U$C. I suspect one of those will cause some issues for da Bears. Time will tell... :)
Very true. The ASU game is going to be scary-close like UO, and Cal has a sordid history of taking stupid losses at the hands of mid-pack Pac-10 opponents like UW.

Don Quixote
10-07-07, 10:35 PM
I now officially eat my words and proclaim Weis the "super genius and grand poopah of all coaches". But seriously, what is the deal with UCLA in that game? That was an incredibly weak effort. Did they have a bunch of turnovers, or soemthing like that?

cameraman
10-07-07, 10:40 PM
But seriously, what is the deal with UCLA in that game? That was an incredibly weak effort.

This is the same UCLA that was crushed by Utah this year. Do not underestimate UCLA's ability to comprehensively suck.

dando
10-07-07, 10:52 PM
I now officially eat my words and proclaim Weis the "super genius and grand poopah of all coaches". But seriously, what is the deal with UCLA in that game? That was an incredibly weak effort. Did they have a bunch of turnovers, or soemthing like that?

7 total. God himself must have intervened. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-07-07, 10:52 PM
yookluh plays down to their competition. their two weakest opponents thus far they have lost to.

then again, utah has wins out west against l-ville, ucla, and BC the past couple of years, something about that Great Basin air...

cameraman
10-08-07, 12:05 AM
For a couple of years there Utah's head coach was Urban Meyer.
That was then, this is now and UCLA sucks.

coolhand
10-08-07, 01:46 AM
Cal was not predicted to be this good this year. They have a good O with some dangerous playmakers. But their D is not as good as it has been these past few years. Oregon got a lot of plays on Cal and blew it with some mistakes. It will be interesting to see how they handle the spotlight and being the favorites against USC.

IlliniRacer
10-08-07, 08:20 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/054dfb7f-eb39-4455-b378-805a12eb2be9.jpg

:cool:

Don Quixote
10-08-07, 10:20 AM
That was a beatdown, for sure.

Dr. Corkski
10-08-07, 11:35 AM
Cal was not predicted to be this good this year.Yeah the experts totally nailed their predictions this year.

Gnam
10-08-07, 01:57 PM
That game was insane fo' sho'. Cal fans cheering for Stanfurd, USC unable to stop the 10th ranked Pac-10 team, Cardinal QB's debut game, 4th & 20, 4th & Goal, USC losing at home in the final seconds, all airing on the Versus cable channel. :eek:

It's just so perfect. [sniff] :p

PS. I think that cluster**** known as Stanfurd's band should play USC's 'Victory' and 'Fight On' for the rest of the year. To the victor go the spoils. Tavitamania!

Ankf00
10-08-07, 02:07 PM
unfortunately was at the ball game and missed the greatness of Tebow getting punked for all his taunting and the Goters stomping on the LSU logo, as well as the USC debacle. :( of course, after the abortion in Dallas my season was over...

PS. I think that cluster**** known as Stanfurd's band should play USC's 'Victory' and 'Fight On' for the rest of the year. To the victor go the spoils. Tavitamania!
Harbaugh vs. Michael Hart
1-0 vs. USC vs. 0-1 vs. D1-AA

skaven
10-08-07, 10:15 PM
...and missed the greatness of Tebow getting punked for all his taunting...

Not sure the details, but I guess Tebow's cell number made the rounds in Batan Rouge, so his "phone antics" were in response to that. Didn't notice them at the bar (as baseball took center stage with volume), but hopefully it wasn't too outrageous as I am fond for the big bull.

...and the Goters stomping on the LSU logo

That is ********. :flame: I would expect Miami or FSU to do that, but not an Urban-led team. But with him letting Joiner make the trip (and play) after getting arrested and letting the team jump on the Tiger logo, I'm starting to wonder. This is one fan who isn't of the "win at all costs" mentality.

Insomniac
10-09-07, 08:26 AM
That is ********. :flame: I would expect Miami or FSU to do that, but not an Urban-led team. But with him letting Joiner make the trip (and play) after getting arrested and letting the team jump on the Tiger logo, I'm starting to wonder. This is one fan who isn't of the "win at all costs" mentality.

I don't think ticking the other team off and giving them more motivation falls under win-at-all-costs. ;)

dando
10-09-07, 10:37 PM
Brad Edwards first take on the BC$ mess:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/news/story?id=3054860&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3054860

Gotta love how messed up the PC polls are on the non-BC$ worthy schools. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
10-09-07, 10:53 PM
I don't really follow football, so I'm not up on this stuff, but it seems all the teams play a couple crappy pre-season games. Why not eliminate those, shorten the season and have a playoff like NCAA buckets?

skaven
10-09-07, 11:47 PM
I don't think ticking the other team off and giving them more motivation falls under win-at-all-costs. ;)

Yeah... I guess I lumped in my "letting team captains play after getting arrested" along with my "letting your team act like a bunch of low lifes by jumping up and down on the other team's logo."

I need to do a better job of differentiating thuggery... :gomer:

skaven
10-09-07, 11:53 PM
unfortunately was at the ball game and missed the greatness of Tebow getting punked for all his taunting

Here is the "story" about the cell phone. I still like the kid. :)

ESPN Linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3056398)

skaven
10-09-07, 11:55 PM
I don't really follow football, so I'm not up on this stuff, but it seems all the teams play a couple crappy pre-season games. Why not eliminate those, shorten the season and have a playoff like NCAA buckets?

I agree with the sentiment regarding a playoff being needed, but I'd hate for the season to be shortened. College football is just that good.

Sean O'Gorman
10-10-07, 08:56 AM
I agree with the sentiment regarding a playoff being needed, but I'd hate for the season to be shortened. College football is just that good.

You root for a team that doesn't suck, what do you care if Vandy, or Team Jesus loses a couple games off its schedule because of not making the playoffs?

Insomniac
10-10-07, 09:10 AM

Short answer: $$$.

Ankf00
10-10-07, 11:01 AM
Because if we had a playoff my season wouldn't be over right now. And what's the point of CFB if you don't feel like life as we know it has ceased to exist after one of those games?

Best regular season in sports.

Ankf00
10-10-07, 11:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=ApZybufjT_ksHv8Yi0bd5I45nYcB?slug=ys-bush100907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Lloyd Lake, one of the financiers of failed marketing company New Era Sports & Entertainment, has agreed to meet with NCAA investigators and turn over financial records and other evidence that would tie Bush and his family to nearly $280,000 in extra benefits allegedly taken during Bush's days at USC.

http://dwil.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/rbush1.jpg

Andrew Longman
10-10-07, 12:51 PM
Best regular season in sports.

And worst post season.

I'm sorry, but if RU had gone undefeated last year and won the BCS title game there is no way even I would truly accept that they were champions. They would have won it by having an easy schedule, poll silliness, and some unlucky competition.

Just play the games

Ankf00
10-10-07, 01:12 PM
Give me the '02 Fiesta or '05 Rose after those regular seasons over any Super Bowl w/ NFL reg season in the past 15+ years

Andrew Longman
10-10-07, 01:51 PM
Give me the '02 Fiesta or '05 Rose after those regular seasons over any Super Bowl w/ NFL reg season in the past 15+ years

Please. Bills-Giants? Rams-Titans? Pats-Carolina? There have a few pretty close, and more importantly, well played games. Most important, with the exception of a few questionable calls now and then (see Pats, tuck rule), few feel the wrong teams are playing in it.

At the college level, if you look at the DIII, II and IAA playoff, there have been dramatic games and championship runs that a thrilling for those schools and alums. I've been through a few. Its fantastic.

I guess I'm old school. Poll watching isn't sport for me. I'd rather fight to win my conference against traditional rivals and like-minded (budget, academics, etc.) schools and then try my luck in national playoff. If I can't have that then go back to knowing that winning my conference will give me a berth in a set NYD bowl against the winner of a traditional rival conference (see Rose Bowl: Big 10/Pac 10). That was plenty dramatic and was not contrived in the least.

The polls do nothing except provide grist for the 24 hour sports news cycle and reminds me of debating with a Jr fan about whether he's better the Jeff Gordon. ;)

Ankf00
10-10-07, 02:02 PM
Bills Giants, Hostetlor got them to the game, not Phil, so meh, Rams Titans fine, but were the playoffs leading up to it that great? Rams blew everyone away and the Titans were just kind of there, BUT the runback vs the Bills was epic. Carolina's NFC run wasn't exciting at all either. The Pats' playoff runs are the only ones consistently entertaining since the 9'ers Cowboys games and the salary cap killed that.

But besides that, can you recall much about any of those regular season runs? 16 weeks of scrimmages followed by 3 weeks of games.

I'll take 4th and 5 w/ 19s left w/ Bush Push and Vince at the 'shoe, or a title won in OT against the greatest assemblage of NFL talent in god knows how long by a team squeaking by all season like the 4th down pass vs. Purdue.

Insomniac
10-10-07, 02:43 PM
And worst post season.

I'm sorry, but if RU had gone undefeated last year and won the BCS title game there is no way even I would truly accept that they were champions. They would have won it by having an easy schedule, poll silliness, and some unlucky competition.

Just play the games

What??? You think the team they would've played in that game would've been a push over?

Insomniac
10-10-07, 02:46 PM
Please. Bills-Giants? Rams-Titans? Pats-Carolina? There have a few pretty close, and more importantly, well played games. Most important, with the exception of a few questionable calls now and then (see Pats, tuck rule), few feel the wrong teams are playing in it.

Sorry, I'm obligated to chime in. Tuck rule was called properly. The rule may suck since it clearly looked like a fumble, but that wasn't a bad call. Note that they never changed the rule either. Ohh, and Woodson wasn't called for unnecessary roughness for hitting Brady in the head on that play either. At least cite Super Bowl XL for bad calls. :)

Insomniac
10-10-07, 02:49 PM
Bills Giants, Hostetlor got them to the game, not Phil, so meh, Rams Titans fine, but were the playoffs leading up to it that great? Rams blew everyone away and the Titans were just kind of there, BUT the runback vs the Bills was epic. Carolina's NFC run wasn't exciting at all either. The Pats' playoff runs are the only ones consistently entertaining since the 9'ers Cowboys games and the salary cap killed that.

But besides that, can you recall much about any of those regular season runs? 16 weeks of scrimmages followed by 3 weeks of games.

I'll take 4th and 5 w/ 19s left w/ Bush Push and Vince at the 'shoe, or a title won in OT against the greatest assemblage of NFL talent in god knows how long by a team squeaking by all season like the 4th down pass vs. Purdue.

I think it depends on which you pay more attention to. I personally watch more NFL than I do college football, so I remember a lot more NFL games not involving the Pats than college games not involving WVU.

ferrarigod
10-10-07, 03:38 PM

when Tim didn't win best incoming QB at a camp prior to attending UF he cried like a woman. after LSU, he cried like a baby. he's handled the phone controversy well, but i know he's crying like a baby to himself.

this emotional crap needs to stop. i'm not the only one who thinks so either. he was roundly mocked for his crying at the camp by everyone in attendance, he better hope for himself that he doesn't cry any more, otherwise some teams are gonna give him something to cry about.

Ankf00
10-10-07, 05:42 PM
I think it depends on which you pay more attention to. I personally watch more NFL than I do college football, so I remember a lot more NFL games not involving the Pats than college games not involving WVU.

without having cable at home I used to watch more NFL, but if I compare '98 NFL to CFB, aside from the broncs going for 16-0 (and getting pwn3d by the g-men, w00t), Vikes & Falcons having good years (and even then no momentous reg season performances come to mind) I come up blank for the reg season, just b/c the nature of the season structure

dando
10-10-07, 10:23 PM
Stay klassy, Lubbock.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/10/10/1010techshirts.html?COXnetJSessionIDbuild56b_prod= R0fMHM8TQBqlgYbh85H2F8nSJ78NBBRbLm4C8sSrQysznly1Mk 4d!-668443575&UrAuth=aNaNUObNTUbTTUWUXUVUZT[UcUWUcU]UZUaUbUcTYWYWZV&urcm=y

Texas Tech has banned the sale of a T-shirt bearing the likeness of Michael Vick hanging the dog mascot of rival Texas A&M.

The red and black shirts, with text that says "VICK 'EM" on the front — in an apparent reference to the Aggies' slogan "Gig 'em" — was created by a Tech student who was trying to sell them before Saturday's game in Lubbock.

The back of the shirt shows a football player wearing the No. 7 Vick jersey holding a rope with an image of the mascot Reveille at the end of a noose. Vick, who faces up to five years in prison after pleading guilty to a federal dogfighting charge, is suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

:saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
10-11-07, 09:23 AM
What??? You think the team they would've played in that game would've been a push over?

Good point. But then let's assume they played UF or the like. If RU lost, do you think UF would have beaten the second best team in the nation?

And it actually almost happened. If they had won the triple overtime game against WV and didn't have the subsequent collapse the next weekend in Cinncy they would have been undefeated and given other loses among the top five they would have had an argument for the BCS title game.