PDA

View Full Version : The Brett Favre thread.....

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Methanolandbrats
08-06-08, 12:59 PM
Favre is acting like a whiney bitch and Packer Fans are sick of it. He had maybe one more year left in him, it was time to move on.

dando
08-06-08, 01:05 PM
Supposedly the Jets have the best offer on the table.

According to one of the many talking heads I heard this AM, his list is the Vikings, Bucs, retirement and then the J-E-T-S. Take that, J-E-T-S fan. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

dando
08-06-08, 01:07 PM
Favre is acting like a whiney bitch and Packer Fans are sick of it. He had maybe one more year left in him, it was time to move on.

Get back to us on that after week 3 and the Pack is 0-3, and then go play the Bucs with Favre @ the helm. :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
08-06-08, 01:22 PM
Get back to us on that after week 3 and the Pack is 0-3, and then go play the Bucs with Favre @ the helm. :gomer:

-Kevin
I'm not a big football fan, I don't care. I'm just reporting on local sports talk radio chatter..........da fans are sick of the soap opera and they want to talk football..........kinda reminds me of the IRL/CART discussions.

Ankf00
08-06-08, 01:27 PM
Jeff Garcia
Brian Griese
Josh Johnson
Luke McCown
Chris Simms

and now soon to be Brett Farve?

dando
08-06-08, 01:29 PM
I'm not a big football fan, I don't care. I'm just reporting on local sports talk radio chatter..........da fans are sick of the soap opera and they want to talk football..........kinda reminds me of the IRL/CART discussions.

I wasn't putting you in with that crowd...I just meant to let us know how Cheesehead Central is gripping once the season starts off poorly. Me thinks they'll be 1-2 when they face the Buccos w/Favre. :) IMO, it's 50/50 that he ends up there or goes back to Miserablesippi.

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
08-06-08, 02:29 PM
I wasn't putting you in with that crowd...I just meant to let us know how Cheesehead Central is gripping once the season starts off poorly. Me thinks they'll be 1-2 when they face the Buccos w/Favre. :) IMO, it's 50/50 that he ends up there or goes back to Miserablesippi.

-Kevin
Alrighty, I'll post the state of things.:)

Gnam
08-06-08, 02:46 PM
If Favre is traded, the QB contorversy won't end. It will just expand to include whichever team he ends up at. Instead of being compared to Rodgers, he'll be compared to Rodgers AND the QB on his new team. This story will continue all season. :shakehead

Insomniac
08-06-08, 02:51 PM
According to one of the many talking heads I heard this AM, his list is the Vikings, Bucs, retirement and then the J-E-T-S. Take that, J-E-T-S fan. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

:rofl: Eric Mangini, better get your resume ready for college football.

dando
08-07-08, 12:10 AM
:rofl: Eric Mangini, better get your resume ready for college football.

Favre traded to the J-E-T-S....Tom Brady shudders. ;)

-Kevin

chop456
08-07-08, 02:35 AM
Top story on CNN.com. :rofl:

WickerBill
08-07-08, 06:03 AM
Kellen Clemens, here's Aaron Rodgers' cell number. You might want to give him a call for some pointers...

chop456
08-07-08, 06:24 AM
Pennington to the Bears. :D

Insomniac
08-07-08, 08:26 AM
Favre traded to the J-E-T-S....Tom Brady shudders. ;)

-Kevin

The last time New England faced Favre:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261119009

Insomniac
08-07-08, 08:27 AM
Pennington to the Bears. :D

Or Vikings. He knows the WCO.

Insomniac
08-07-08, 09:50 AM
I just saw the terms of the deal.

They get better compensation the more Favre embarrasses them. :rofl:

Methanolandbrats
08-07-08, 10:36 AM

Cool, football archeology:gomer:

FTG
08-07-08, 11:15 AM
I just saw the terms of the deal.

They get better compensation the more Favre embarrasses them. :rofl:

Yep. If they really believed Favre was done they should've use him to steal a first round pick from the Vikings. If they believed that Favre was capable of embarrassing them, they should've kept him. The only thing worse than a dumb decision, is making things worse by refusing to admit you've made a dumb decision.

Stu
08-07-08, 12:37 PM
Yep. If they really believed Favre was done they should've use him to steal a first round pick from the Vikings. If they believed that Favre was capable of embarrassing them, they should've kept him. The only thing worse than a dumb decision, is making things worse by refusing to admit you've made a dumb decision.

why/how would the vikings give up a 1st rounder for Favre? the jets gave the pack a conditional 4th round pick.

dando
08-07-08, 01:53 PM
why/how would the vikings give up a 1st rounder for Favre? the jets gave the pack a conditional 4th round pick.

It'll be a 1st round pick when they win the Super Bowl. Mark it down, yo. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
08-07-08, 01:54 PM

I prefer this outcome:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXI

:gomer: :p

-Kevin

Insomniac
08-07-08, 02:13 PM
It'll be a 1st round pick when they win the Super Bowl. Mark it down, yo. :gomer:

Help me mommy.

--Colts, Patriots and Chargers

Insomniac
08-07-08, 02:14 PM
I prefer this outcome:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXI

:gomer: :p

-Kevin

Stupid Desmond Howard! Not to mention stupid Jets. Parcells was looking for his new job with the Jets during Super Bowl week.

dando
08-07-08, 02:22 PM
Help me mommy.

--Pats after XLII

Fixerated dat fer ya. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
08-07-08, 02:24 PM
Stupid Desmond Howard! Not to mention stupid Jets. Parcells was looking for his new job with the Jets during Super Bowl week.

Douchemond 'Strike the Pose' Howard is more like it. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Insomniac
08-07-08, 02:54 PM
Fixerated dat fer ya. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

The Patriots may be cheaters, but they aren't pansies. :p

The Giants D-Line OWNED the Patriots O-Line. I did not see that coming.

STD
08-07-08, 03:45 PM
Or Vikings. He knows the WCO.

Chad and Uncle Herm reunion in KC? :rofl:

Insomniac
08-13-08, 04:32 PM
"My arm's kind of dragging a little bit today," the quarterback said Wednesday after the Jets' morning session. "It's not really sore, but just fatigued.

Since his practice debut, Favre has been on the field for two practices Sunday, one Monday and had a day of classroom work Tuesday.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3533307

This is going to be a great year for the Jets! :D

The Brett Favre Network removed this gem from the linked article:

I think maybe this afternoon I’m going to talk to Eric (Mangini) about limiting my throws a little bit (for the afternoon practice).

RHR_Fan
02-11-09, 01:55 PM
He has retired again. :o

dando
02-11-09, 02:20 PM

It's a sad, sad day in WBville. :gomer: :p ;)

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-11-09, 02:48 PM
There's still time. I hear the Donkeys are looking for an experienced backup. :)

Insomniac
02-11-09, 03:28 PM
No! He's helping the Jets' salary cap situation. Please come back and stick it to them. Even better, please play another season.

WickerBill
02-11-09, 04:21 PM
i've seen this show before.

dando
02-11-09, 04:32 PM
There's still time. I hear the Donkeys are looking for an experienced backup. :)

Is Greasy still out there? :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-29-09, 11:19 AM
Smart move by the Jets to just release him since there's no chance they'd need him/want him. Avoid the potential drama.

dando
04-29-09, 12:33 PM
Smart move by the Jets to just release him since there's no chance they'd need him/want him. Avoid the potential drama.

Somewhere out there WB sheds a tear.... :gomer:

-Kevin

Boatdesigner
04-30-09, 12:31 AM
Anyone want to bet on him re-signing with the Packers for one day and announcing his retirement again? :shakehead

Insomniac
05-01-09, 12:09 PM
Anyone want to bet on him re-signing with the Packers for one day and announcing his retirement again? :shakehead

That is pretty common. I imagine that will happen when he is really done. I doubt there would be a big press conference, but the very end would likely be him signing a 1-day contract with the Packers.

Boatdesigner
05-01-09, 01:01 PM
That is what I was referring to, only I am not sure if Brett can over his hurt feewings long enough to make it happen.

dando
05-05-09, 11:36 PM
Not so fast, my friend....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4142857

Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress and quarterback Brett Favre plan to meet at an undisclosed location later this week to discuss the possibility of the former Packers and Jets quarterback renouncing his retirement from the NFL to play the 2009 season with the Vikings, according to a source with direct knowledge of discussions between the two parties.

There is a mutual understanding that sometime soon thereafter Favre will decide whether to sign with the Vikings. The team would expect him to participate fully in offseason minicamps and training camps, which he missed last year with the Jets.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
05-06-09, 11:54 AM
I hope this happens, just for the comedy and drama. :rofl:

JLMannin
05-07-09, 11:03 PM
Maybe he will go back to college and seek NCAA reinstatement. :shakehead

dando
08-18-09, 11:15 AM
The Herd is reporting that He's Baaaaaaack. 1 year, $12M. Congrats, WB. :rofl: :gomer: :p

EDIT: Report that he's on a plane to Minnie:

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nfl_tracker/posts/74481

EDIT 2: Mort reports 2-year deal.

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
08-18-09, 12:08 PM
Viqueens....NFC champs with Purple Favre chucking the bitch downfield :thumbup:

stroker
08-20-09, 08:57 PM
I have to wonder how many of the current Packer roster played with him in GB?

Al Czervik
08-20-09, 10:08 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/rosenblog/

"If the Vikings have already paid for the private jet that Brett Favre is flying to Minnesota, then the Bears should pop for the limo to get the aging, post-op quarterback to Vikings camp to make sure he signs there.

I already had the Chicago Cutlers at 13-3, but that goes to 14-2 as soon as the drama queen becomes a Viking. I mean, it doesn’t get much better for a questionable Bears defense than for Minnesota to bring in a quarterback with a worse rating than Tarvaris Jackson --- true fact --- and compound that with a quarterback who has the credentials to overrule handoffs to Adrian Peterson, whom the Bears can’t tackle. What’s more, Bears coach Lovie Smith beats Favre more than he beats Jackson.

The only way it could get any better for the Bears is if Favre was coached by Charlie Weis. Goodness, even Bob Babich could deisgn a defense to win that game."

"If you’re in Chicago and you’re wringing your hands over Hamlet Favre and the Vikings, you’re an idiot.

If you feel the need to trust Favre or Vikings management, you have no clue.

Look, Vikings players are the only ones obligated to trust Favre and Vikings management, and they have no reason to trust either, which could fester in a locker room, which is exactly --- exactly, do you hear me? --- what people in Chicago should want.

People in Chicago should want the best team in the division to have an aging quarterback who still thinks he can audible out of running plays to a guy the Bears have tackled, I don’t know, once this millennium.

People in Chicago should want the best team in the division to start a quarterback who’s post-operative, injured on top of that, and over the last couple seasons has thrown the most fourth-quarter interceptions when his team is down a touchdown.

Listen, if you’re from around here and you’re looking for people to distrust, try the Bears head coach who told you that BFF Bob Babich was a good idea, the same guy who orchestrated a phony-baloney quarterback derby last summer, the same guy who bucked down Alex Brown in favor of wlecome mat Mark Anderson, and the same guy who apparently wants to wreck Danieal Manning’s career by having him play every position on the field (left tackle ought to be a hoot).

Oh, and let’s not forget that the Bears head coach is one of the brainiacs who decided to eliminate the greatest return weapon in the game, if not the greatest ever, by putting him at a position where he looks more lost than a BFF at defensive coordinator. . . ."

Ankf00
08-21-09, 01:57 PM
Favre + AD?

me rikey.

dando
08-21-09, 02:02 PM
Favre + AD?

me rikey.

Favre + AD + PH == :eek:

Oh, and WB's new fave tune == Your own Purple Jeebus.... :gomer:

-Kevin

JoeBob
08-22-09, 07:26 PM
http://sconnie.com/scaled_jpg.php?src=images/products/positions/2/137.jpg&x=300

dando
08-24-09, 01:21 PM
pz7P0yJErOw

:rofl:

-Kevin

dando
08-03-10, 11:04 AM
The Turd is reporting that it is over. More news @ 11.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5433551

-Kevin

Don Quixote
08-03-10, 11:17 AM
He can still change his mind.

http://www.obscurehorror.com/diemonsterdie.jpg

Methanolandbrats
08-03-10, 11:44 AM
His ankle will be a lot better the day training camp ends. :D

dando
08-04-10, 12:44 PM
Or maybe not...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5436231

:saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
08-04-10, 12:47 PM
And on the same day that rumors of him allegedly emailing his junk around break, too. What a coinky-dink. :rolleyes:

extramundane
08-04-10, 12:48 PM
I'm not going to link to it because even the URL is quite NSFW, but the kind folks at Deadspin alerted us this morning to the fact that Favre likes to take pics of his, um, Crocs. I suspect his retirement may well take this time.

Good luck getting the imagery out of your heads. :saywhat:

dando
08-04-10, 12:55 PM
I'm not going to link to it because even the URL is quite NSFW, but the kind folks at Deadspin alerted us this morning to the fact that Favre likes to take pics of his, um, Crocs. I suspect his retirement may well take this time.

Good luck getting the imagery out of your heads. :saywhat:

And he likes to hunt Armadillos:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/brad-childress-went-armadillo-hunting-on-brett-favres-mississippi-ranch/1

:laugh:

-Kevin

TravelGal
08-04-10, 04:45 PM
I used to be a big fan but now I'm up to: Could we just get rid of/over him already? :shakehead

Insomniac
08-04-10, 07:43 PM
I used to be a big fan but now I'm up to: Could we just get rid of/over him already? :shakehead

We can, the news media, particularly ESPN, can't.

TRDfan
08-04-10, 09:24 PM
Been a Viking fan my whole life. Up until a few years ago I had a ton of respect for Farve. After the drama they cooked up last year, I packed up my Vikings gear and took the season off. (Sunday afternoon fall golf with the boys was great)

I was prepared to watch this year if Farve played, but probably not with the same intensity. Now with more of this BS, it looks like more rounds on the links.

dando
08-04-10, 09:39 PM
We can, the news media, particularly ESPN, can't.

It was mind boggling to listen to The Turd defend the 24/7 coverage this AM. That and Mike & Mike's repetition this AM was just :yuck:. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
08-04-10, 09:40 PM
Been a Viking fan my whole life. Up until a few years ago I had a ton of respect for Farve. After the drama they cooked up last year, I packed up my Vikings gear and took the season off. (Sunday afternoon fall golf with the boys was great)

I was prepared to watch this year if Farve played, but probably not with the same intensity. Now with more of this BS, it looks like more rounds on the links.

I thought it was pond hockey and ice fishing in the fall up there. :p ;)

-Kevin

stroker
08-04-10, 11:26 PM

You mean you don't want to see another weepy "I'm done" press conference?

Methanolandbrats
08-04-10, 11:38 PM
You mean you don't want to see another weepy "I'm done" press conference?

I wish the ****er would just go noodling and never ever issue another press release. Stupid, pigskin chucking, interception throw'n, it's all about me asswipe.:shakehead

Gnam
08-05-10, 12:27 AM
The Decision II.
Where were you when he decided?

:p

WickerBill
08-05-10, 08:22 AM
He probably wants to join the Heat.

I hope he takes his talents to a tree stand in a forest.

Insomniac
08-07-10, 12:04 PM
I assume he'll be back as soon as training camp ends.

Opposite Lock
08-17-10, 03:57 PM
Favre reportedly set to confirm return to Vikings (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/08/report-vikings-send-three-to-visit-favre.html)

The NFL Network is reporting that Favre was flying to Minnesota on Tuesday afternoon, and all signs indicated he will announce his return to the Vikings.
:laugh:

Don Quixote
08-17-10, 04:00 PM
What a shock! Didn't see this one coming. :rofl:

stroker
08-17-10, 04:10 PM
how does his wife put up with that?

"I thought you were going to the store."

"Nah, I just didn't feel like it."

She gets back from shopping and finds him with three bags of groceries:

"I thought you weren't going to the store?"

"I changed my mind. Ross Perot called and convinced me to go."

Gnam
08-17-10, 04:25 PM
Seems like a lot of work just to avoid the preseason.

Will his linemen and receivers believe him when he calls an audible at the line?

"I know he called Red-42, but I thought he was bluffing." :gomer:

dando
08-17-10, 04:44 PM
Oh thank goodness...I was wondering what the sports talking heads were going to talk about tomorrow since the LeJames talk has died down. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
08-17-10, 04:59 PM
The Favre has landed. I repeat, The Favre has landed. And now the slow speed chase has begun. More news @ 11.... :gomer:

-Kevin

Gnam
08-17-10, 06:44 PM
Favre-mania!

BarillaGirl
08-17-10, 07:54 PM
Our county-wide daily newspaper hosted an online poll last week.

"Do you think Brett Favre will retire?"

:thumbup: Yes - 4 %
:thumdown: No - 66 %
:confused: Undecided - 30 %

...which I thought was pretty much the way Brett's feeling, too.

Don Quixote
08-18-10, 09:30 AM
Today is National Brett Favre Day!

Don Quixote
08-18-10, 11:33 AM
bump, this deserves to be on top.

WickerBill
08-18-10, 02:43 PM
I'm nearing the point where I speak to nrc and ask him to change the byline of this forum to:

"General Discussion -- Other sports, entertainment, work, life... just no Favre, please."

Don Quixote
08-18-10, 02:51 PM
It would be easier to add "Favre" and "Brett" to the profanity list.

Don Quixote
08-18-10, 03:13 PM
***** ***** press conference on now. :D

dando
08-18-10, 03:53 PM
I'm nearing the point where I speak to nrc and ask him to change the byline of this forum to:

"General Discussion -- Other sports, entertainment, work, life... just no Favre, please."

Can we just have a Brett Favre forum instead? :p ;)

Oh, heeeeee's baaaaack. Last season. Promise. Bank it. Maybe. ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go buy me some Wrangler jeans. :gomer:

-Kevin

Tifosi24
08-18-10, 09:37 PM
Can we just have a Brett Favre forum instead? :p ;)

Oh, heeeeee's baaaaack. Last season. Promise. Bank it. Maybe. ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go buy me some Wrangler jeans. :gomer:

-Kevin

Can't forget a new flat screen from Sears.

dando
08-18-10, 09:41 PM
Can't forget a new flat screen from Sears.

I can't decide. ;)

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
08-18-10, 09:46 PM
Since he's a Cajun thrower now, my new name for him is "Le Douche".

stroker
08-18-10, 10:34 PM
God, I hope Aaron Rodgers kicks his ass twice this year...

Methanolandbrats
08-18-10, 10:46 PM
God, I hope Aaron Rodgers kicks his ass twice this year...

X 1000, Le Douche has pulled this pay me more, I'm not coming to camp, I'm Jeebus with the Pigkin ******** four years in a row. The first year the Packers told him to stuff it and they are looking pretty smart right now.

Gangrel
08-20-10, 01:43 PM
X 1000, Le Douche has pulled this pay me more, I'm not coming to camp, I'm Jeebus with the Pigkin ******** four years in a row. The first year the Packers told him to stuff it and they are looking pretty smart right now.

As I recall, what the Packers actually said was....

"Brett, you are welcome to come work out with us at camp. And try out for the team. For backup QB."

:D

Methanolandbrats
08-20-10, 02:07 PM
Needs a site makeover :gomer:

OFF TACKLE
forums for the Brett Favre enthusiast

Don Quixote
08-20-10, 02:39 PM
Needs a site makeover :gomer:

OFF TACKLE
forums for the Brett Favre enthusiast
Subforums:

NFL Season
Off Season Rumors
Favorite Jeans (wranglers only)
Penus Photo Gallery

Methanolandbrats
08-20-10, 02:41 PM
Subforums:

NFL Season
Off Season Rumors
Favorite Jeans (wranglers only)
Penus Photo Gallery

And.....

How to age a ball cap
facial stubble care

BarillaGirl
08-21-10, 12:00 PM
And.....

How to age a ball cap
facial stubble care

And......

The Whirlpool (soak your hurt hand, shoulder, ankle, or feelings)

Don Quixote
08-21-10, 12:10 PM
OK, I think we have a plan. :thumbup:

nrc
08-21-10, 12:45 PM
I suppose that we would need themes so that you can change your colors to whichever team he has come back to at any given time. Hmmm.

WickerBill
08-21-10, 10:30 PM
If this wasn't about the money, as Brett "Summer's Eve" Favre says, then why didn't he tell the Vikings to keep the extra 3 mil and use it to fill some roster holes? There are always some great pickups as rosters get the final trim to 53 men.

Methanolandbrats
08-21-10, 10:46 PM
If this wasn't about the money, as Brett "Summer's Eve" Favre says, then why didn't he tell the Vikings to keep the extra 3 mil and use it to fill some roster holes? There are always some great pickups as rosters get the final trim to 53 men.

Cuz behind that aw shucks, good ol' boy act is a self-taught swamp rat MBA.

BarillaGirl
08-21-10, 11:59 PM
Brett "Summer's Eve" Favre

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, if it's about "the team," why don't you let "the team" know what you're going to do before training camp? I wonder what kind of meds Brad Childress is on. :saywhat:

Methanolandbrats
08-22-10, 06:45 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder what kind of meds Brad Childress is on. :saywhat:

Don't know, but if they start to lose, the dosage will have to be increased. :D

dando
08-22-10, 10:24 AM

Doesn't really matter since there isn't a cap this season.

-Kevin

WickerBill
08-22-10, 11:34 AM
There's always a cap -- perhaps not league mandated, but a number the owner isn't willing to cross. If not about the money, Favre could have generated a chunk of goodwill and also helped his team be more successful by telling the owner to spend that money on the 53, not #4.

Gnam
08-22-10, 06:20 PM
T-minus 2 hours to Brett.

The best part is after he plays for five minutes he'll be available for interviews and commentary all night long. :p