PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2008

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Stu
10-13-08, 11:33 AM
And Millen's Kittens snatched defeat from the jaws of victory yet again yesterday. Gotta think they can beat the Vikes when they play them @ home week 14. But as this weekend proved, the unthinkable can and will happen. :eek: I still say Cincy wins the last two and a couple of others unless Palmer is done for the season. And do yourself a favor, watch Real LA vs. Phanatics tonight and not MNF. Your brain will thank you later. ;)

-Kevin

f that im going to the game. i want to be there for the Anderson/Crennel boo-fest.

dando
10-13-08, 11:41 AM
f that im going to the game. i want to be there for the Anderson/Crennel boo-fest.

I suggest bringing your own bottle caps then. ;) :gomer:

Romo out 4 weeks due to broken finger according to Herd. Suck it, Cowboyz fans. :p

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
10-13-08, 01:02 PM
Romo out 4 weeks due to broken finger according to Herd. Suck it, Cowboyz fans. :p

-Kevin

Wow. Yesterday was an even better day to be a Giant fan than I thought.

Who is the BU in Dallas?

Now the G Men just have to stay manly in Cleveland tonight to complete the weekend. :D

dando
10-13-08, 01:13 PM
Who is the BU in Dallas?

80 something year-old Brad f'ing Johnson. :eek:

If you want more warm fuzzies about the 'boys predicament, make sure you read this week's Monday Morning QB (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/10/12/week6/index.html) column. Although, I did take Peter King to task for using the 8-10 record of the 'boys' last three opponents to support his argument. Take out Cincy, and they lost to two 4-2 teams. It looks good, but it's a skewed stat.

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-13-08, 03:08 PM
Who is the BU in Dallas?

It's not Matt Cassel!

Andrew Longman
10-13-08, 06:13 PM
It's not Matt Cassel!

I understand it is Brad Johnson who has much suckage but much experience as a Giant killer. :irked:

On a different note I finally saw the Anquan Boldin hit by Eric Smith. I am not a Jet apologist and I am in favor of curbing hat to hat hits but having seen thehit the fine on Smith was absurd.

If Boldin wasn't hit from behind, Smith's hat would have hit him in the chest and on the ball. It is exactly as the position is supposed to be played. Instead the hit from behind drives Boldin's head forward and down into Smith's helmet.

I'm glad his injuries were not worse but to fine players for that hit is to not understand the game

Insomniac
10-13-08, 06:59 PM
On a different note I finally saw the Anquan Boldin hit by Eric Smith. I am not a Jet apologist and I am in favor of curbing hat to hat hits but having seen thehit the fine on Smith was absurd.

If Boldin wasn't hit from behind, Smith's hat would have hit him in the chest and on the ball. It is exactly as the position is supposed to be played. Instead the hit from behind drives Boldin's head forward and down into Smith's helmet.

I'm glad his injuries were not worse but to fine players for that hit is to not understand the game

Take a look again, but look at two things. First, Smith launches himself and second, while he would've hit him in the upper chest, he still lead with his helmet. He wasn't looking at what he was hitting. He was also knocked out on the play. He endangered himself as well as Boldin. I don't think that is proper tackling technique. He was going for the big hit in a reckless manner. They're trying to curb this behavior.

Andrew Longman
10-13-08, 07:30 PM
Take a look again, but look at two things. First, Smith launches himself and second, while he would've hit him in the upper chest, he still lead with his helmet. He wasn't looking at what he was hitting. He was also knocked out on the play. He endangered himself as well as Boldin. I don't think that is proper tackling technique. He was going for the big hit in a reckless manner. They're trying to curb this behavior.

Take a look yourself. He was aligned perfectly to hit the ball. Leading with the top of the head is a definite no no because it will get you and others killed you are always taught to see what you hit.

This was just a regular big hit until he was hit from behind

dando
10-13-08, 07:57 PM
Clearly a 'heads up' play:

ub1_k1VA1C0

Bad luck that he got hit from behind pushing his head forward into the kit @ an awkward angle. :(

-Kevin

Stu
10-14-08, 09:13 AM
hey-o

35-14 :saywhat:

Insomniac
10-14-08, 11:17 AM
Take a look yourself. He was aligned perfectly to hit the ball. Leading with the top of the head is a definite no no because it will get you and others killed you are always taught to see what you hit.

This was just a regular big hit until he was hit from behind

I took a look again. He was aligned with the ball if you go by where it was caught, but Boldin had it almost completely pulled in when he was hit. Looking ar it frame by frame, unless Boldin grows miraculously, there's no way he gets hit in the chest (although I thought he would before). The guy led with his head, and there's no way he saw what he was hitting. He didn't lead with his shoulder or have his hands out. He was hitting Boldin with his helmet, and frame by frame, he was hitting him in the face somewhere, maybe the chin instead without his head being pushed forward. That wasn't a regular big hit. A regular bit hit is with the shoulder, not the top of the helmet.

dando
10-14-08, 11:58 AM
hey-o

Go figger. Blind hogs do find acorns now and then. The Gints looked flat and the Brownies looked pumped. Any given Sunday (or Monday in this case)....

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-14-08, 11:59 AM
hey-o

35-14 :saywhat:I thought I hallucinated the whole thing.
:cool:

Stu
10-14-08, 12:06 PM
Go figger. Blind hogs do find acorns now and then. The Gints looked flat and the Brownies looked pumped. Any given Sunday (or Monday in this case)....

-Kevin

if the browns are blind hogs what does that make your bengals?

dando
10-14-08, 12:13 PM
if the browns are blind hogs what does that make your bengals?

The blind hog's bitch based on the Brownies stunning performance in week 4 against the backup QB. Get back to me in week 15 ~4pm and we'll compare notes. Let's see what they do next week @ Washington before you start crowing too much. Me thinks it'll be along the lines of what happened in week 1 against Big D.

In other news, I hear that K2 has nuts....the size of baseballs. :eek:

-Kevin

Stu
10-14-08, 12:15 PM
grapefruits actually

dando
10-14-08, 01:13 PM
grapefruits actually

Any word on whether it's the mumps?

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
10-14-08, 02:06 PM
hey-o

Looks like the suck bug is passing through the whole NFC east just now. At least no one was hurt. Manning was off. Anderson and the quick passes negated the pass rush. Really the only way to beat the Giants defense at the moment.

I loved the hit on the safety for Jacobs touchdown. Jacked up!:D

Insomniac
10-14-08, 04:34 PM
Pacman suspended indefinitely and the Cowboys traded for the other Roy Williams.

dando
10-19-08, 01:32 PM
So did they Bills not pay the light bill? :gomer: And to add insult to injury, they subject the Bills faithful to the Bungles suckage.

And this just in...the Bungles are an f'ing joke. :irked: :mad: Second possession...15 yard loss on a botched handoff, 3rd down pass overthrown, followed by a 15 YARD PUNT. Jeebus. Oh and Keith Rivers gets taken out (decleated) on a block by Hines Ward. :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-19-08, 01:44 PM
So did they Bills not pay the light bill? :gomer: And to add insult to injury, they subject the Bills faithful to the Bungles suckage.

A mini hot air balloon flew into power lines that the stadium is connected into, which then somehow knocked out the main stadium transformer. There's no scoreboard, no lights, no clock at the stadium right now. Our radio guys are calling the game from their cell phones.

dando
10-19-08, 01:47 PM
A mini hot air balloon flew into power lines that the stadium is connected into, which then somehow knocked out the main stadium transformer. There's no scoreboard, no lights, no clock at the stadium right now. Our radio guys are calling the game from their cell phones.

:laugh: :rofl: LMAO! Yet somehow they are still getting the XML feed out for my FFL team. :thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-19-08, 01:59 PM
:laugh: :rofl: LMAO! Yet somehow they are still getting the XML feed out for my FFL team. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Power is now back on at The Ralph, but there's still no TV picture.

Edit. Power is now back out at the Ralph again. Back to the radio. Sigh.

dando
10-19-08, 06:03 PM
Adding injury to the insult, Williams out for the season after breaking arm:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652426

Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams broke his right forearm for the second time Sunday in his first game back from the previous injury, and owner Jerry Jones said he'd miss the remainder of the season.

That is some seriously bad Karma down there in Big D. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-19-08, 07:18 PM
Good to see that the Bungles and Lions have not lost their focus. :p

dando
10-19-08, 07:39 PM
Good to see that the Bungles and Lions have not lost their focus. :p

Yeah, but @ least we know we suck. It's not borderline suck like the Brownies. :gomer: How they managed to slaughter the G-men last week is beyond me. :saywhat:

No Madden on SNF tonight:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/10/13/madden.ap/index.html

John Madden will miss calling an NFL game this weekend after working 476 in a row.

The 72-year-old Sunday Night Football analyst, who travels by bus because of a fear of flying, will take a break to spend time with his family instead of making three straight cross country trips, NBC said Monday.

Madden went from Jacksonville, Fla., to San Diego last week; he would have had to return to Florida for this Sunday's game at Tampa Bay. There's no Sunday Night Football game the following weekend, so Madden would have then headed home to the Bay Area.

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-19-08, 08:25 PM
Oh and Keith Rivers gets taken out (decleated) on a block by Hines Ward. :shakehead

Done for the season. Broken jaw, in two places.

Insomniac
10-19-08, 08:27 PM
Adding injury to the insult, Williams out for the season after breaking arm:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652426

That is some seriously bad Karma down there in Big D. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

It may just be Roy Williams' karma. Horse collar tackle and all. It does solve the 2 Roy Williams conundrum though.

Insomniac
10-19-08, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but @ least we know we suck. It's not borderline suck like the Brownies. :gomer: How they managed to slaughter the G-men last week is beyond me. :saywhat:

No Madden on SNF tonight:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/10/13/madden.ap/index.html

-Kevin

You'd think they'd plan for that with the NFL. I'm not complaining though. Collinsworth > Madden.

Ankf00
10-19-08, 08:47 PM
It may just be Roy Williams' karma. Horse collar tackle and all. It does solve the 2 Roy Williams conundrum though.

Evil Roy, Texas Roy, problem solved. Although Wade goes with OU Roy.

Regarding Evil Roy, I didn't know that chasing WRs from behind was so hard on one's arms.

dando
10-19-08, 08:48 PM
Done for the season. Broken jaw, in two places.

:shakehead

Bungles bad juju with LBs continues. Pollack, Thurman, Brooks, Rivers...nuts. :(

23hFKCzD5n0

-Kevin

nrc
10-19-08, 10:14 PM
Oh and Keith Rivers gets taken out (decleated) on a
block by Hines Ward. :shakehead

I think "speared" is the verb you're looking for there. Ward should be seeing his third fine from the NFL in as many games.

dando
10-19-08, 11:36 PM
I think "speared" is the verb you're looking for there. Ward should be seeing his third fine from the NFL in as many games.

Speared? No. Lowered/led with his head? Yes. Possible fine? Absolutely. Bungles suck? Stone cold lead pipe lock. :(

-Kevin

nrc
10-20-08, 01:33 AM
Speared? No. Lowered/led with his head? Yes. Not sure what distinction you're trying to draw here.

Stu
10-20-08, 08:03 AM
cinci and detroit :thumbup:

romeo crennel :thumdown:

derek anderson :saywhat: :rolleyes: :irked: :mad: :flame: :yuck:

Insomniac
10-20-08, 08:37 AM

But Ward thinks if there's no flag, he did nothing wrong.

Tim
10-20-08, 10:19 AM
I'm glad the Packers smoked the Colts mostly because lots of gomers like them.

Don Quixote
10-20-08, 11:20 AM
derek anderson :saywhat: :rolleyes: :irked: :mad: :flame: :yuck:

He couldn't throw the ball into the ocean if he was standing right next to it.

Andrew Longman
10-20-08, 11:22 AM

Sorry boss. No skin in this game and that was a totally clean and sweet hit. The important and impressive thing about Ward's helmet was he got it in front of the shoulder pads when other players would have made that a block in the back.

That's just football. If they fine him, then the NFL is approaching FIA race steward territory.

I feel bad for the jaw though. That always sux. But in the 29 years I played football I made and received that hit many times without a flag, though also happily without any broken jaws either.

WickerBill
10-20-08, 12:22 PM
I'm glad the Packers smoked the Colts mostly because lots of gomers like them.

Packers win, Jets lose.... happy WB

dando
10-20-08, 12:42 PM
Not sure what distinction you're trying to draw here.

The hit was not with the crown of the helmet. He hit with his shoulder and followed through with his helmet.

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-21-08, 10:57 AM
Nolan fired. Mike Singletary in. I figure if you're going to dump the guy, might as well try out someone else. It's the NFC West so this could go either way.

Laurence Maroney to IR. That helps the Partiots. Now they don't have to give him reps to see if he can ever make a quick decision and just run north-south.

I think that's the end of Rodney Harrison's career.

dando
10-21-08, 12:36 PM
Nolan fired. Mike Singletary in. I figure if you're going to dump the guy, might as well try out someone else. It's the NFC West so this could go either way.

Laurence Maroney to IR. That helps the Partiots. Now they don't have to give him reps to see if he can ever make a quick decision and just run north-south.

I'm just glad Sammy Morris went down. I was getting worried about my FFL team after the 1st half he had. :D :gomer:

I have no idea how Denver beat Tampa. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-22-08, 09:54 AM
No fine for Hines.

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-22-08, 10:31 AM
I'm just glad Sammy Morris went down. I was getting worried about my FFL team after the 1st half he had. :D :gomer:

I don't think it would've been too bad. Maybe another 70 yards and a TD. Did you win?

dando
10-22-08, 10:47 AM
I don't think it would've been too bad. Maybe another 70 yards and a TD. Did you win?

By 7 points, so another score would have done me in. Somehow I'm 6-1 despite LT under performing, but I also have the least PA in the league. Helps to have a good D. ;)

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-22-08, 12:46 PM
By 7 points, so another score would have done me in. Somehow I'm 6-1 despite LT under performing, but I also have the least PA in the league. Helps to have a good D. ;)

-Kevin

I have a feeling fantasy is just as up and down as the NFL season is.

Gnam
10-22-08, 02:48 PM
Hey, when did the image limit go to 8?

:eek::D:gomer::p:);):cool::thumbup:

IlliniRacer
10-22-08, 11:46 PM

Somewhere, Trent Green is laughing. Of course, he's not sure why he's laughing.

Insomniac
10-23-08, 10:47 AM
Hey, when did the image limit go to 8?

<8 smileys>

I asked for a few more and you guys are abusing the privilege. ;)

(I seriously did ask because I found I had to keep removing smileys from posts when quoting them.) Now you use all 8.

Insomniac
10-23-08, 10:49 AM
Somewhere, Trent Green is laughing. Of course, he's not sure why he's laughing.

Trent Green is up 1. Rodney had his ACL, PCL and MCL shredded in 2005.

Don Quixote
10-27-08, 09:18 AM
Bump. In honor of the Bengals. :laugh:

Andrew Longman
10-27-08, 09:46 AM
Giants-Steelers was epic. That is how the game is played.

I just wish the refs were as committed as both teams were.

As for Burress, 52 guys on that team have totally bought into what Coughlin wants from them. All except him. His mates seriously don't GAF about him and no longer make excuses for him.

It was a big deal that in his return to Pittsburgh, in the first quarter when they repeatedly needed him for a fade route on the goal line, Coughlin didn't back down from him 1 quarter benching of Plaxico. And no players then or after the game said a word about it.

His mate seriously respect his talents but not with the baggage and are perfectly happy to work as a team with the talent that actually wants to show up.

Who knows, winning without primadonna aholes like Shockey and Burress and losing with guys TO and Chad Johnson, maybe this will point the way for the copycat NFL to think twice about the hazards of letting poisonous players on your team.

Stu
10-27-08, 09:50 AM
Bump. In honor of the Bengals. :laugh:

and detroit

Don Quixote
10-27-08, 11:28 PM
Titans are for real.

FTG
10-28-08, 10:45 AM
Titans are for real.

So are the Lions. What wide receiver will they take with first overall?

Ankf00
10-28-08, 01:58 PM
where's Andy Rooney when you need him? oh wait...

t2ILQbByawE

dando
10-28-08, 02:35 PM

t2ILQbByawE

Video got pulled. Fox does not like the tubes. :(

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-28-08, 03:18 PM
try this, just worked for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ILQbByawE

dando
10-28-08, 04:03 PM
try this, just worked for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ILQbByawE

She must be a Texas grad. :D :gomer: Perhaps she meant Ditka.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-28-08, 04:14 PM
So are the Lions. What wide receiver will they take with first overall? Lions first pick, a small finesse wide receiver. Lions second pick, an undersized linebacker. Bengals first pick: best available athlete with lots of upside but some character issues. He should straighten out. :gomer:

Don Quixote
10-28-08, 04:16 PM

Happens to the best of us. :laugh:

dando
10-30-08, 06:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3673441

The San Francisco 49ers were losing badly through 30 minutes of play on Sunday against the Seahawks. And interim coach Mike Singletary pulled no punches during his first halftime speech -- but he did pull down his pants.

:rofl: Ditka II. :laugh:

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
10-31-08, 10:37 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3673441

:rofl: Ditka II. :laugh:

-Kevin

Is Singletary taking coaching advice from mappy?

dando
10-31-08, 10:45 AM
Is Singletary taking coaching advice from mappy?

:rofl:

-Kevin

dando
11-02-08, 05:09 PM
Who Dey I tell ya! Who Dey! :thumbup:

Stu's down to the Lions who are in the process of blowing a 10 point halftime lead.

-Kevin

dando
11-02-08, 05:10 PM
Derek Anderson. :laugh: :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
11-02-08, 06:30 PM
Derek Anderson. :laugh: :gomer:

-KevinPlease tell me that's the end for him.

Don Quixote
11-02-08, 06:32 PM
Stu's down to the Lions who are in the process of blowing a 10 point halftime lead.
Yep, a classic come from ahead defeat for the Lions. I heard that the Bears fans gave Orton a standing ovation when he left the field hurt. True?

dando
11-02-08, 07:53 PM
Yep, a classic come from ahead defeat for the Lions. I heard that the Bears fans gave Orton a standing ovation when he left the field hurt. True?

No mention of it in this story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281102003).

-Kevin

dando
11-02-08, 08:01 PM
Please tell me that's the end for him.

Hey, he completed the pass, didn't he? Just to the wrong jersey. :gomer: Look on the bright side...you'll actually get to watch them suck on Thurs. :)

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
11-02-08, 08:58 PM
Packers :thumbup:

stroker
11-03-08, 08:50 AM
Packers :thumbup:

close only counts with H-bombs...

:(

(but it's nice to see they can go toe-to-toe with the #1 team in the league)

Stu
11-03-08, 09:02 AM
Who Dey I tell ya! Who Dey! :thumbup:

-Kevin

the jags are the most pathetic team in the nfl.

dando
11-03-08, 09:46 AM
the jags are the most pathetic team in the nfl.

Most pathetic? No. Most disappointing? Yes. The Lions define pathetic. Several talking heads had the Jags on their list of possible AFC Super Bowl teams. Wow. :eek:

EDIT: Now if the Jags manage to lose to the trifecta of Clowns, Bungles and Kitties back-to-back-to-back, then the most pathetic title might apply.

-Kevin

Insomniac
11-03-08, 09:48 AM
It was fitting that a penalty would do the Pats in after all the talk about the lack of them.

On a side note, of course Manning looked 100% last night and Vinatieri had a new magical leg strength.

And I'd blame Belichick's ineptitude during the SB and last night on not having a video tape, but I don't see how it would help, unless it's a placebo effect where you don't waste a challenge on 12 men on the field unless you counted it your self, call a timeout after deciding to go for it on 4th and 1 to kick a FG and use the "wildcat" when you have Randy Moss on your team.

dando
11-03-08, 10:22 AM
And I'd blame Belichick's ineptitude during the SB and last night on not having a video tape, but I don't see how it would help, unless it's a placebo effect where you don't waste a challenge on 12 men on the field unless you counted it your self, call a timeout after deciding to go for it on 4th and 1 to kick a FG and use the "wildcat" when you have Randy Moss on your team.

UnBill like for sure. AFC East == crap shoot extraordinaire

-Kevin

TKGAngel
11-03-08, 11:00 AM
AFC East == crap shoot extraordinaire

-Kevin

Tell me about it. A three-way tie for the division lead is completely insane.

After yesterday's game, if I were Coach Jauron, I'd pull from Lindy Ruff's playbook and tear the boys a new one. The defense had two 12-men on the field penalties and had difficulty stopping the Jets offense, Lynch was out of the game for a quarter due to "nausea" :rolleyes: and Jason Peters continued his trend of having at least one missed block which led to an Edwards turnover.

Insomniac
11-03-08, 11:10 AM
UnBill like for sure. AFC East == crap shoot extraordinaire

-Kevin

And crazily, 3 teams in the AFC East are tied with the 3rd best record in the conference. (Could be second best if Pittsburgh loses tonight.)

Andrew Longman
11-03-08, 11:37 AM
Cowboys look ordinary and I don't think Romo and a week off will help them. :D

Romo doesn't play defense and Romo doesn't block.

G Men looking stout. :thumbup:

dando
11-03-08, 12:16 PM
And crazily, 3 teams in the AFC East are tied with the 3rd best record in the conference. (Could be second best if Pittsburgh loses tonight.)

Perhaps I should ammend that statement to the AFC is a crapshoot outside of the south (and I still can't believe the Colts are 4 back). And don't leave out the Fish sitting one game back of the threesome @ the top of the east. What a mosh pit.

-Kevin

dando
11-03-08, 12:19 PM
G Men looking stout. :thumbup:

Yeah, but y'all still lost to the Clowns. :gomer:

-Kevin

Stu
11-03-08, 12:21 PM

-Kevin

you arent allowed to make fun of other nfl teams, unless they are from detroit.

Andrew Longman
11-03-08, 04:53 PM

-Kevin

I have a feeling that loss will haunt/pressure them all year. :shakehead

Don Quixote
11-03-08, 06:36 PM
ESPN radio just reported that Brady Q will start against the Donkeys on Thursday night. About time, however I am surprised they are making the change on a short week. :)

dando
11-03-08, 06:47 PM
ESPN radio just reported that Brady Q will start against the Donkeys on Thursday night. About time, however I am surprised they are making the change on a short week. :)

Really? Crennel said Anderson was their QB....for now.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
11-03-08, 06:48 PM
Really? Crennel said Anderson was their QB....for now.

-Kevin The words "for now" are so fleeting. :laugh:

Don Quixote
11-03-08, 06:57 PM
Linky:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3680927

dando
11-03-08, 07:22 PM
The words "for now" are so fleeting. :laugh:

He prolly saw the career expiration light flashing. :gomer:

EDIT: I should have noted that the fat man's comments came earlier today.

-Kevin

nrc
11-16-08, 08:25 PM
Who Dey, Baby! :gomer:

dando
11-16-08, 09:29 PM
Who Dey, Baby! :gomer:

Dude. :shakehead That was just painful to watch. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
11-17-08, 11:10 AM
This just in . . .

The Rams STILL suck

FTG
11-17-08, 11:25 AM
Reports of the Cowboys death are premature.

The big question is can the Lions run the table and achieve immortality? I say all the elements are in place. Another big question, how can the Lions suck more than a team run by Al Davis?

dando
11-17-08, 11:45 AM
The big question is can the Lions run the table and achieve immortality? I say all the elements are in place. Another big question, how can the Lions suck more than a team run by Al Davis?

11-0 vs. 0-11 on Turkey Day! :gomer: They have 4 of their last 6 @ home...I can only see them beating the Vikes or Saints, and slim is leaving town.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
11-17-08, 11:57 AM
It's going to be a great night for tonight's Bills / Browns game. Temperatures will be down in the mid-20s, with a wind chill in the mid-teens and there's the potential for some flurries, though not the giant lake effect monster the forecasters were originally predicting.

Hopefully the game will be good or it will be a long night. :)

dando
11-17-08, 12:04 PM
It's going to be a great night for tonight's Bills / Browns game. Temperatures will be down in the mid-20s, with a wind chill in the mid-teens and there's the potential for some flurries, though not the giant lake effect monster the forecasters were originally predicting.

Hopefully the game will be good or it will be a long night. :)

You know, I was about to post a query about the wx over there. :) I was hoping for a clone of last season's snow bowl in Cleveburg. Bummer. :( Me likey foosball in the snow. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-17-08, 01:25 PM
Reports of the Cowboys death are premature.

True, but I was hardly impressed. Skins played to mediocre capabilities and barely lost.

WTF was going on with Philly/Bungles? McNabb and a bunch of players didn't know OT is not forever? howsthat?

Looking forward to tonights game if the weather sucks. If not, not so much.

Giants gave a royal ass handing to Ravens. Wow. I haven't seen them this good since 90. Jacobs = OJ Anderson. Brutal O line. Manning/Simms -- be smart, don't cost the team the win. Defense = kick you ass.

dando
11-17-08, 01:28 PM
The NFL's got some 'splaining to do over the end of the Steelers/Bolts. :saywhat: :irked: Some fannies had better be red over this debacle. :mad:

-Kevin

FTG
11-17-08, 01:30 PM
True, but I was hardly impressed.

The way they shoved it down the Redskins throat in the last six minutes was impressive. Anyone who is going to beat the Giants had better be able to play smash mouth football. Also, Terence Newman was very impressive in his first game; he's a difference maker. Romo's finger is going to get better. They need to play three tough teams: Giants, Ravens and Steelers. I'd wait to see how they play against of those teams before scheduling the parade route in New York.

dando
11-17-08, 02:10 PM
True, but I was hardly impressed. Skins played to mediocre capabilities and barely lost.

WTF was going on with Philly/Bungles? McNabb and a bunch of players didn't know OT is not forever? howsthat?

Looking forward to tonights game if the weather sucks. If not, not so much.

Giants gave a royal ass handing to Ravens. Wow. I haven't seen them this good since 90. Jacobs = OJ Anderson. Brutal O line. Manning/Simms -- be smart, don't cost the team the win. Defense = kick you ass.

NFL East is overrated, IMO. That being said, I don't see a dominate team in either confrence (note Browns/G-Men). This should be one fun playoff season.

BTW, the Bungles aren't as bad as advertised....injuries, etc. have massacred them. Again, that being said, sack the coaching staff and start over (w/a REAL GM PN, Jr.). :(

-Kevin