PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2008

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Andrew Longman
11-17-08, 02:34 PM
The NFL's got some 'splaining to do over the end of the Steelers/Bolts. :saywhat: :irked: Some fannies had better be red over this debacle. :mad:

-Kevin

True. I had company over so the game was on with the sound off. We were very confused and the paper this morning said the ref said hours after the game that they shouldn't have overruled the overrule.

What was the issue?

dando
11-17-08, 02:44 PM
What was the issue?

Yup. By any definition the play should not have been overturned. The next play (PAT) was run, so it should have been moot. It was meaningless except for bettors and fantasy players (like moi). Thankfully I'm up 30+ this week and leading my league @ 8-2 to boot. :)

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-17-08, 02:44 PM
I'd wait to see how they play against of those teams before scheduling the parade route in New York.

Very true. Long season and a lot can change. That's why they play the games

But Dallas hasn't shown a smash mouth defense in ages and the Giants are playing the toughest part of their schedule getting better each week.

Ankf00
11-17-08, 02:51 PM
scheduling parade routes pre-championship is the purview of Dallas City Hall

Gnam
11-17-08, 04:27 PM
The Redskin fans' "Hey, You Suck!" chant is great. Simple, clear, and LOUD.

In 49er news... (3-7) and still 2nd in the West! :gomer: :thumbup:

Insomniac
11-17-08, 05:02 PM
The Redskin fans' "Hey, You Suck!" chant is great. Simple, clear, and LOUD.

In 49er news... (3-7) and still 2nd in the West! :gomer: :thumbup:

Someday a 3-13 team will make the playoffs. :D

TKGAngel
11-18-08, 09:30 AM
Couple of things from last night's game:

- When did Brady Quinn become the new Football Baby Jeebus? Good grief, the slurping of him by Kornheiser was out of control.

- Forget about buying the defense dinner and drinks for keeping the Bills in the game after three interceptions, Trent Edwards should be buying ME dinner and drinks for having to suffer through his passing game last night.

- And I knew as soon as Mike Tirico brought up Scott Norwood that Lindell's kick was going to go wide. That's how things work around here.

chop456
11-18-08, 09:35 AM
When did Brady Quinn become the new Football Baby Jeebus?

Since Ron Powlus celebrated his 10-year anniversary at Radio Shack following his previous Baby Jeebusship.

Don Quixote
11-18-08, 10:11 AM
Couple of things from last night's game: ...

The game was at least as frustrating for a Browns fan to watch. How is it that a team can kick a 57 yard field goal but can't find someone to get the ball deeper than the 15 on kickoffs? I honestly can catch a football better than Braylon Edwards. Sure he's bigger, faster, more athletic, can run routes ... but I easily have better hands. Why is it for the past three games Jerome Harrison gains between 10-72 yards everytime he touches the ball, but they only give him the ball 2 or 3 times per game? Are they trying to conserve his strength? Are they hiding an injury? Does he have a clause in his contract limiting the number of touches? Should other teams try this, like, say the Redskins should only give the ball to Portis twice a game or the Chargers should only give the ball to LT once each half? Is Crennel trying to lose? Who makes the offensive play calls in the red zone? Again, I think I am not exaggerating to say that I could do a better job. Seriously, I have no coaching experience other than what I do on the couch every weekend, but I really believe that I could run the offense in the red zone better than what they do now. Of course none of this matters, because they are, after all, the Browns.

Don Quixote
11-25-08, 03:37 PM
uh-oh..... I'm hearing rumors ...... Bill Cowher ......... Browns ........ talking ....... :D

dando
11-25-08, 04:07 PM
uh-oh..... I'm hearing rumors ...... Bill Cowher ......... Browns ........ talking ....... :D

Rumor I read was ~$9M/season. :eek:

-Kevin

FTG
11-25-08, 05:12 PM
Pack looking really smart for letting Farve go.:rofl:

FTG
11-25-08, 05:14 PM
Very true. Long season and a lot can change. That's why they play the games

But Dallas hasn't shown a smash mouth defense in ages

"The Cowboys also limited Frank Gore to 26 yards on 14 carries."

But they're getting closer. Ratliff can play and no need to talk about Ware. Newman makes a huge difference too.

dando
11-25-08, 05:28 PM
Pack looking really smart for letting Farve go.:rofl:

The Pack has more issues than QB play, specifically the 3rd worst rushing D in the NFC. Ouch. Meanwhile the J-E-T-S are 5th overall and #2 in rushing D. That's a huge difference, yo.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
11-25-08, 05:44 PM
Rumor I read was ~$9M/season. :eek:

-Kevin Don't worry, it's only money. :)

stroker
11-25-08, 11:11 PM
Don't worry, it's only money. :)

Did the Browns piggyback on GM for a handout?

TKGAngel
11-26-08, 08:52 AM
Speaking of the Brownies, Yahoo says BQ may be done for the season with a broken finger. He initially was hurt against Buffalo, and made it worse by playing last week.

And $9 million to coach? I'm in the wrong industry.

FTG
11-29-08, 01:13 PM
Hard to believe, but someone is making Pacman look not so bad by comparison.

Plaxico Burress' controversial year has just taken a turn for the worse.

The New York Giants wide receiver accidentally shot himself in the leg on Friday night, FOXSports.com has learned, not long after being ruled out of Sunday's game against the Redskins with a hamstring injury. (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8866348/Giants%27-Burress-accidentally-shoots-self-in-leg)

I wonder if the commissioner will buy the "experimental hamstring treatment" excuse?

chop456
11-29-08, 05:05 PM
Perhaps his cocked baseball cap obscured his peripheral vision, rendering him unable to see that his leg was in the line of fire.

TKGAngel
11-29-08, 07:20 PM
He's lucky he didn't shoot his bits off.

Though I suppose the more important question is why was he armed anyways?

Don Quixote
12-01-08, 11:47 AM
Do the Browns have any passing plays designed to gain more than 5 yards, or is Derrick Anderson's vision impaired so he can't see any further than that? :\ :gomer:

Willam
12-01-08, 03:45 PM
Guess this is why there was talk of placing Plaxico on the Non-Football IR list as soon as possible...

"Mayor Michael Bloomberg called for a full prosecution of state law that requires mandatory prison for carrying a loaded handgun."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3736356

FTG
12-01-08, 04:59 PM
Sounds like Antonio Pierce could get the Martha Stewart treatment for organizing a cover up. Be interesting to see what the commissioner does if Pierce is indicted just before a playoff game. In the next two weeks, we get to see what the Cowboys are really made of. Jets: never mind. Colts not dead yet either. All things considered, the Falcons are pretty damn impressive.

Insomniac
12-21-08, 12:38 AM
Bye Bye Wade.

Ken Hamlin is awesome!

Ankf00
12-21-08, 02:53 AM
If only they had Roy Williams in the secondary, he'd have stopped both those runs :rofl:

Gnam
12-21-08, 06:55 PM
Small ball can be fun too...49ers 17 - Rams 16. :D

For-ty Nine-ers!

dando
12-22-08, 10:22 AM
Congrats Lions. First team to 0-15....don't screw it up next weekend. :D Steve must be very proud. :gomer:

In other news, the Cleveland Clowns officially suck. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
12-22-08, 10:56 AM
In other news, the Cleveland Clowns officially suck. :thumbup:

-KevinThat game was a coach killer, we hope.

And how about those Donkeys? They are in the process of gagging a three game lead with three weeks to go. :thumbup:

TKGAngel
12-22-08, 01:38 PM
I cannot believe that the Bills managed to come from behind during yesterday's game. They played a great second half.

Ankf00
12-22-08, 02:00 PM
citywide suicide watch in effect. DPD overwhelmed by suicide threats from tens of thousands of midwesterner farm folk decked out in orange and blue.

Don Quixote
12-22-08, 02:45 PM
citywide suicide watch in effect. DPD overwhelmed by suicide threats from tens of thousands of midwesterner farm folk decked out in orange and blue. No joke. I bet spousal abuse was way up last night. Folks in the office this morning blamed the refs. I laughed. Jay Cutler = punk :laugh: My favorite thing about the Broncos is when the D makes a tackle, they all dance around with their various sack dances, look at me, look at me. Truth is, they have stopped exactly nobody this entire season.

Insomniac
12-24-08, 03:31 PM
Congrats Lions. First team to 0-15....don't screw it up next weekend. :D Steve must be very proud. :gomer:

I don't know why, but I've been hoping it doesn't happen.

It's ironic that Ford is the company that didn't need the bailout cash.

Insomniac
12-24-08, 03:39 PM
I can't figure out how the Jets will play this weekend. I'm going to assume that Baltimore isn't losing to Jacksonville. Wild card is out. The Pats need to win and get a Jets win or tie or lost and get a Jets win to win the division. I'm tossing out the tie as any type of possibility. So basically, Jets need to win. They moved their game and Baltimore back to 4. The Jets will know that they can't win the division if the Pats win at Buffalo before kick-off. Baltimore plays at the same time, so they have something to play for until Baltimore is blowing out Jacksonville. Questions:

Is Mangini playing for his job?
Does Mangini stick it to Belichick if he can (is he as mad at Belichick as Belichick is at him)?
Does the ownership order him to lose (supposedly all the owners get along for the most part)?
Are they motivated to not let Pennington beat them? They were supposed to be upgrading (significantly) with Favre.

As you can see, I can talk myself into them playing hard and winning or laying down. I figure that means this will be straight up and I have to root for the Jets and Favre. :yuck: J! E! T! S! Suck! Suck! Suck! (I wish this wasn't true.)

Patriots are going to be home next weekend. :(

Ankf00
12-24-08, 05:10 PM
Truth is, they have stopped exactly nobody this entire season.

and have a free win vs. the Chargers they didn't earn

Ankf00
12-24-08, 06:01 PM
No Fun League

Pats' Welker fined for TD antic

It seems we've seen the last of Wes Welker's snow angel-making exploits on NFL Sundays.

The New England Patriots wide receiver has been fined $10,000 by the NFL for exactly that, Boston media outlets are reporting.

"It was a spur of the moment deal, and you can be sure that it won't happen again," Welker was quoted as saying on The Boston Globe's Web site.

Welker was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct Sunday for making a snow angel just beyond the end line after his touchdown in the first half of New England's 47-7 rout of the Arizona Cardinals.

According to The Globe, Welker said he wasn't certain if he'd file an appeal.

The NFL told the newspaper that Welker was fined for "unsportsmanlike conduct for participation in an illegal demonstration by going to the ground."

Following Sunday's victory, Welker said, "I just got a little bit too excited there. I really didn't think it would be a penalty. I wouldn't have done it if I thought it was."

and then Ellis was fined for that snowball too.

bloody weak :thumdown:

Insomniac
12-25-08, 12:26 AM
No Fun League

and then Ellis was fined for that snowball too.

bloody weak :thumdown:

The same amount no less. So giant snowball on fans head = $10k. Snow angel after TD = $10k. The NFL now has its priorities straight.

dando
12-25-08, 01:59 PM
I can't figure out how the Jets will play this weekend. I'm going to assume that Baltimore isn't losing to Jacksonville. Wild card is out. The Pats need to win and get a Jets win or tie or lost and get a Jets win to win the division. I'm tossing out the tie as any type of possibility. So basically, Jets need to win. They moved their game and Baltimore back to 4. The Jets will know that they can't win the division if the Pats win at Buffalo before kick-off. Baltimore plays at the same time, so they have something to play for until Baltimore is blowing out Jacksonville. Questions:

Is Mangini playing for his job?
Does Mangini stick it to Belichick if he can (is he as mad at Belichick as Belichick is at him)?
Does the ownership order him to lose (supposedly all the owners get along for the most part)?
Are they motivated to not let Pennington beat them? They were supposed to be upgrading (significantly) with Favre.

As you can see, I can talk myself into them playing hard and winning or laying down. I figure that means this will be straight up and I have to root for the Jets and Favre. :yuck: J! E! T! S! Suck! Suck! Suck! (I wish this wasn't true.)

Patriots are going to be home next weekend. :(

Whatcha talking about, Willis? ;)

My picks are Fish and Bolts to go with Steelers, Ravens, Nags and Titans.

-Kevin

Insomniac
12-25-08, 02:31 PM
Whatcha talking about, Willis? ;)

-Kevin

Whoops.

Should've said: The Pats need to win and get a Jets win or tie or lose and get a Jets win to win the division.

But that's not even accurate.

Jets Win and Patriots Win or Tie = Division Win
Jets Tie and Patriots Win = Division Win
Jets Win and Patriots Lose = 3-way Division Tie, Patriots lose all tie breakers.

Don Quixote
12-28-08, 07:27 PM
I want to know one thing, and one thing only. Has there been a Browns press conference set yet? ;)

STD
12-28-08, 07:35 PM
How 'bout them 'boys? :laugh:

Insomniac
12-28-08, 08:33 PM
I want to know one thing, and one thing only. Has there been a Browns press conference set yet? ;)

Phil Savage is already out.

Insomniac
12-28-08, 08:37 PM
The only consolation prize for the Patriots staying home is Mangini getting fired. The Jets suck (I don't miss the fact that they did beat the Patriots).

2001: 11-5, 1st Round Bye (Patriots win the Super Bowl)
2008: 11-5, No Playoffs

It was just a matter of time that 4 team divisions made a slight mess of who gets into the playoffs. (I'm not complaining, the rules are the rules. The Patriots should've met their first goal for each season. Win the division.)

Insomniac
12-28-08, 08:43 PM
This seems like a pretty exciting week 17 as far as outcome deciding games.

Sorry Lions. I was rooting for you.

dando
12-28-08, 09:24 PM
Phil Savage is already out.

Savage gone, Romeo next:

http://beta.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3795786

BTW, stay away from the beta E$PN.com site (sucks a little bit more) unless you want to clear cookies to get out of it. :irked: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Elmo T
12-28-08, 09:35 PM
How 'bout them 'boys? :laugh:

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=92

Insomniac
12-28-08, 09:35 PM
Savage gone, Romeo next:

http://beta.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3795786

BTW, stay away from the beta E$PN.com site (sucks a little bit more) unless you want to clear cookies to get out of it. :irked: :saywhat:

-Kevin

I like the beta site better personally. I wasn't a fan of the video autoplaying and sometimes stuttering and sometimes not.

dando
12-28-08, 09:59 PM
I like the beta site better personally. I wasn't a fan of the video autoplaying and sometimes stuttering and sometimes not.

I agree with that part. However I wouldn't bet that it's completely gone until it launches. The current site actually offers the ability to customize the video block to not play the video when loading the site, but they fail to honor the customization consistently despite the fact that they identify me on the top of the page as well as when I access the fantasy sports area. :saywhat: :irked: :mad: I've bitched @ them about that a few times. What I don't like about the new site (besides the fact that it looks like crap below the fold) is that they force users into the main pages for the various sports rather than allowing deep dives into the content for those sports since they removed the fly out menus. They really need to fix the layout of the center column below the fold. It looks silly with the poll block so empty and out of alignment with the other two columns.

-Kevin

devilmaster
12-28-08, 10:04 PM
Lions. I was rooting for you.

So was I....

and they came through... :rofl::laugh::rofl:

TKGAngel
12-28-08, 11:04 PM
I'm thinking that Jauron is a dead coach walking right now. Having the locker room behind him is probably not going to save him. Today's game, especially the play at the end of the first half, was absolutely ridiculous.

dando
12-28-08, 11:36 PM
Today's game, especially the play at the end of the first half, was absolutely ridiculous.

So was the weather, yo. ;) Me thinks he cost himself his job in the debacle against the Jets. Is Ralph lucid enough to can him?

-Kevin

dando
12-29-08, 12:17 AM

-Kevin

I should quit my day job. ;)

-Kevin

Don Quixote
12-29-08, 12:25 PM
I should quit my day job. ;)

-Kevin If you had picked the Eagles, then I would have been impressed. :p As for the beatdown the Superchargers gave the Donkeys, am I the only one who sees Cutler as a pouting little child with a cannon for an arm? He has the physical tools, but not the mental makeup to lead. I think his own team hates him. He reminds me of Bert Jones. :)

dando
12-29-08, 01:43 PM
If you had picked the Eagles, then I would have been impressed. :p As for the beatdown the Superchargers gave the Donkeys, am I the only one who sees Cutler as a pouting little child with a cannon for an arm? He has the physical tools, but not the mental makeup to lead. I think his own team hates him. He reminds me of Bert Jones. :)

I don't follow the NFC as much, mainly as I'm surrounded by AFC teams...Lions need not apply. :gomer: That was an amazing turnaround by the Iggles, and just goes to show how important a healthy Westbrook is to them. He wasn't healthy when they tied the Bungles and got trounced by the Ravens.

Shanny got what he deserved with Cutler. Any idiot who drafted MC13 shouldn't be coaching, GMing or even scouting in the NFL. :saywhat: :shakehead More importantly is that my wife's soon to be former maniacal boss is a Nags fan. :laugh: @ least WB can take solace in Green & White Jeebus' performance. :gomer:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm too young to remember Bert Jones. :p But I do remember seeing him play in a playoff game against the Raiderz. I think that was the '78 Super Bowl season for the Raiderz (back when Al was lucid).

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
12-29-08, 03:05 PM
He reminds me of Bert Jones. :)

Naw. More like Jeff George. Cutler looks like he belongs on a bar stool.

Eagles desrve some credit but mostly the boys just suck

dando
12-29-08, 03:11 PM
Cutler looks like he belongs on a bar stool.

Hanging out with Jake and Greasy. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
12-29-08, 04:14 PM
Naw. More like Jeff George. Do you really think so? I don't remember George yelling at his teamates and coaches and staring down and showing up wide receivers when they made a drop or ran a route wrong. Correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought of George as a high talent headcase. With Cutler, it's not always the heat of passion when he does these things. His arrogance also shows up in press conferences and interviews. The dude is an ass through and through.

Don Quixote
12-29-08, 04:18 PM
I forgot to mention that I'm too young to remember Bert Jones. :p You're also too young to remember Horst Muhlmann? :D

dando
12-29-08, 04:25 PM
You're also too young to remember Horst Muhlmann? :D

No, but I've heard the name listening to the Bob Trumpy Show for years on WLW. :) I'm sure the boss has fond memories of Horst, too. ;)

-Kevin

WickerBill
12-29-08, 04:53 PM
My Broncos had about as much chance of beating Indy next weekend as I have of driving a 2009 Bentley GT as my daily driver, so it doesn't really make my heart hurt too much.

On the other hand, the Favre thing... is awesome. Do you realize I rooted for the Patriots twice this year? Do you know how that felt??

Don Quixote
12-29-08, 05:01 PM
My Broncos had about as much chance of beating Indy next weekend as I have of driving a 2009 Bentley GT as my daily driver, so it doesn't really make my heart hurt too much.

On the other hand, the Favre thing... is awesome. Do you realize I rooted for the Patriots twice this year? Do you know how that felt?? But you are evading the key question, what do you think of the little brat Cutler? :D

WickerBill
12-29-08, 06:25 PM
Players name the captains -- he's captain. We'll see if he is next season.

I think he's got a lot of talent and the offense isn't the problem. Tell me he's more of a punk than Namath or McMahon or Marmalard... I don't buy it...

Insomniac
12-29-08, 06:27 PM
I agree with that part. However I wouldn't bet that it's completely gone until it launches. The current site actually offers the ability to customize the video block to not play the video when loading the site, but they fail to honor the customization consistently despite the fact that they identify me on the top of the page as well as when I access the fantasy sports area. :saywhat: :irked: :mad: I've bitched @ them about that a few times. What I don't like about the new site (besides the fact that it looks like crap below the fold) is that they force users into the main pages for the various sports rather than allowing deep dives into the content for those sports since they removed the fly out menus. They really need to fix the layout of the center column below the fold. It looks silly with the poll block so empty and out of alignment with the other two columns.

-Kevin

I didn't even notice the menus thing (see how often I look for more ESPN content?). That is bad though.

Insomniac
12-29-08, 06:30 PM
Do you realize I rooted for the Patriots twice this year? Do you know how that felt??

I can't think of anything better. :p

Don Quixote
12-29-08, 06:39 PM
Players name the captains -- he's captain. We'll see if he is next season.

I think he's got a lot of talent and the offense isn't the problem. Tell me he's more of a punk than Namath or McMahon or Marmalard... I don't buy it...

Big difference. Namath and McMahon were a-holes, for sure. But they were leaders and were adored by their teamates. Cutler's attitude is more dark and destructive. I don't see anyone leaving the foxhole to follow him into battle. As for Marmalard, he's dead, along with Neidemeyer.

WickerBill
12-29-08, 07:05 PM
Marmalard (alt. Laserface) is Kissing Suzy Kolber's name for Rivers. Sorry for the nondescript reference.

Don Quixote
12-29-08, 07:12 PM
Marmalard (alt. Laserface) is Kissing Suzy Kolber's name for Rivers. Sorry for the nondescript reference. I confess I had to look it up on the urban dictionary to figure out who Marmalard was. :laugh:

Ankf00
12-29-08, 07:31 PM
Cutler cruises Federal at night :gomer:

nrc
12-29-08, 08:59 PM
No, but I've heard the name listening to the Bob Trumpy Show for years on WLW. :) I'm sure the boss has fond memories of Horst, too. ;)

-Kevin

Actually, I didn't start following closely enough to remember the kicker's name until around the time Muhlmann left.

Andrew Longman
12-30-08, 01:50 PM
Do you really think so? I don't remember George yelling at his teamates and coaches and staring down and showing up wide receivers when they made a drop or ran a route wrong. Correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought of George as a high talent headcase. With Cutler, it's not always the heat of passion when he does these things. His arrogance also shows up in press conferences and interviews. The dude is an ass through and through.

George and June Jones got in a sideline fight that largely got Jones fired from the Falcons. One of many George public meltdowns. Big arm. Big temper. Bigger ego. Not much else.

Now Bert Jones I don't remember being much trouble, had an awesome arm and did actually win a MVP, but that was a lot longer ago so maybe I don't remember his attitude.

TKGAngel
12-30-08, 06:16 PM
Is Ralph lucid enough to can him?

-Kevin

Yes to the lucid. No to the canning.

Ralph confirms Jauron to stay (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/statement-from-bills-owner-ralph-wilson/37d0d0c5-21f3-4438-9e60-77cffe29294c)

dando
12-30-08, 06:41 PM
Shanny out. :laugh:

-Kevin

Insomniac
12-30-08, 07:00 PM

-Kevin

Please don't go to the Jets. NFC Shanahan, NFC. You'll be a man among boys. Thank me later.

Don Quixote
12-30-08, 07:02 PM

-Kevin :eek: :eek: Start the rumors, Shanny to the Browns! :gomer:

Gnam
12-30-08, 07:49 PM
In 49ers news:
New head coach Mike Singletary eliminates the competition by firing offensive coordinator Mike Martz. Martz was already passed over when Nolan was fired earlier in the year. It will be interesting to see who Singletary picks for a replacement.

Andrew Longman
12-30-08, 07:59 PM

-Kevin

Crap. I thought you were joking. Just to PO Al Davis I thought Shanahan's job was safe until Davis died.

I'm truly shocked.

If he's willing to forego the GM job he could well wind up with the J-E-T-S. That's what will keep Cowler from that job. Woody needs a big established name because the PSLs are not selling well and he is worried.

Don Quixote
12-30-08, 09:24 PM
If he's willing to forego the GM job he could well wind up with the J-E-T-S. I doubt he would do it. The man is a control freak like no other. Wherever he goes, he will stick it to the Broncos for years, just like he did to Davis and the Raiders. :laugh:

WickerBill
12-30-08, 09:33 PM
yes yes yes Yes YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

few years too late; Kubiak was the guy

Insomniac
12-30-08, 10:39 PM
In 49ers news:
New head coach Mike Singletary eliminates the competition by firing offensive coordinator Mike Martz. Martz was already passed over when Nolan was fired earlier in the year. It will be interesting to see who Singletary picks for a replacement.

I like reading profootballtalk.com. They say Nolan wanted Martz but the front office didn't. They acquiesced but with Nolan gone, they wanted Martz gone too.

Martz to Buffalo?

Insomniac
12-30-08, 10:42 PM
I doubt he would do it. The man is a control freak like no other. Wherever he goes, he will stick it to the Broncos for years, just like he did to Davis and the Raiders. :laugh:

I hope so.

Maybe Al Davis will ask him to come back? Stick it to Denver...could Herm get fired? Norv? KC has GM open. I think A.J. Smith is safe in SD. But if Norv was out, he could go back to SF and get Alex Smith back on the right track.

Insomniac
01-02-09, 06:35 PM
I just want to say that if division winners are having trouble selling out play-off games (only Miami sold out right away), the NFL should seriously consider seeding by record. The home fans don't even care and they know their team sucks. It's an embarrasment that SD took days to sell out, Cardinals finally sold out today and Minnesota still hasn't.

Insomniac
01-02-09, 06:42 PM
One more semi-NFL related complaint. The AP awards. Two Patriots related ones here. Who votes for Keith Rivers as NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year when he only plays 7 games?

Second, Chad Pennington = come back player of the year? :saywhat: He got benched for sucking last year! Tedy Bruschi has a STROKE and somehow ties for the award? A freaking STROKE! Noodle arm is inconsistent and he's comeback player of the year? What is that award for? I'm baffled.

dando
01-02-09, 06:44 PM
I just want to say that if division winners are having trouble selling out play-off games (only Miami sold out right away), the NFL should seriously consider seeding by record. The home fans don't even care and they know their team sucks. It's an embarrasment that SD took days to sell out, Cardinals finally sold out today and Minnesota still hasn't.

It's the economy, stupid. :gomer: It's pretty obvious that attendance is suffering @ bowl games, NHL, NBA, etc. Heck, even the NYY are the only team making a splash in FA, with lots of quality players still on the market. Expect pro salaries to come down the next few seasons. Sucks to be an NFL player in the expected uncapped '10 season. :laugh:

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-02-09, 06:47 PM
It's the economy, stupid. :gomer: It's pretty obvious that attendance is suffering @ bowl games, NHL, NBA, etc. Heck, even the NYY are the only team making a splash in FA, with lots of quality players still on the market. Expect pro salaries to come down the next few seasons. Sucks to be an NFL player in the expected uncapped '10 season. :laugh:

-Kevin

Maybe they can get a bailout? :gomer:

dando
01-02-09, 06:53 PM
Maybe they can get a bailout? :gomer:

Get in line. '20s Depression soup line == '08/'09 bailout line :shakehead :( :saywhat:

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-04-09, 11:42 AM
Sorry WB. ;) On the bright side, Bill Polian should be pushing for an OT rules change any minute now. :D

Two good games yesterday. Hopefully more of the same today.

Tim
01-04-09, 12:00 PM
Colts losing is good because it upsets a lot of gomers.

Andrew Longman
01-04-09, 12:57 PM
Two good games yesterday.

Think so? I was pretty unimpressed with both the Cards and Falcons and the officials.

Cards defense was working only because they were off sides almost every play and almost never were called for it. Their play calling was mysterious.

Falcons defense (esp LBs) looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to do half of the time, especially on the last critical 3rd-16. Ryan has a cool head and very accurate strong arm, but he was not very aggressive and his recievers seem sub par.

I just didn't either looked like playoff teams playing playoff level football.

I do though think today's games should be good.

Bolts-Colts was better and IMO the right team won. Cool.

Insomniac
01-04-09, 05:14 PM
Think so? I was pretty unimpressed with both the Cards and Falcons and the officials.

Cards defense was working only because they were off sides almost every play and almost never were called for it. Their play calling was mysterious.

Falcons defense (esp LBs) looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to do half of the time, especially on the last critical 3rd-16. Ryan has a cool head and very accurate strong arm, but he was not very aggressive and his recievers seem sub par.

I just didn't either looked like playoff teams playing playoff level football.

I do though think today's games should be good.

Bolts-Colts was better and IMO the right team won. Cool.

I wasn't impressed much by either team. But since they were around the same level, the game was never one way (unlike Baltimore-Miami just now). The game kept me paying attention, which is good.

Matt Ryan looked like a rookie for the most part. A good rookie, but a rookie.

Insomniac
01-07-09, 08:31 PM
The Mangini Era begins in Cleveland. Does he get Romeo to stay on as DC?

dando
01-07-09, 08:54 PM
The Mangini Era begins in Cleveland. Does he get Romeo to stay on as DC?

That's the report from Cleveburg now.

-Kevin

dando
01-08-09, 09:50 PM
Oops. :)

Insomniac
01-09-09, 11:46 AM
Oops. :)

Mangenius in, but who will be doing the drafting?

Andrew Longman
01-09-09, 11:53 AM
Mangenius in, but who will be doing the drafting?

Still interviewing. Mangini wants his buddy George Kokinis, Raven's Dir of Player Personnel, as GM. Interviews Sunday.

As a Giant fan I never gave much attention to Mangini. He's a grump and gives a bad press conference. His teams were pretty boring, but they also lacked strong leaders on both sides of the ball. Good luck Brownies

dando
01-09-09, 01:08 PM
Still interviewing. Mangini wants his buddy George Kokinis, Raven's Dir of Player Personnel, as GM. Interviews Sunday.

As a Giant fan I never gave much attention to Mangini. He's a grump and gives a bad press conference. His teams were pretty boring, but they also lacked strong leaders on both sides of the ball. Good luck Brownies

Tail wagging the dog with the HC hired before the GM. Stupid. The guy from the Eagles they wanted to interview pulled out because of that. Brilliant. I haven't followed closely, but Mangini wasn't in NYJ long enough to gauge his total performance, IMO. They were 4-12 before he was hired, then 10-6, 4-12 and 9-7. Clearly they should have finished better this season, but Green and White Jeebus threw 9 INTs over the last 5 games. Hard to win when your QB sucks like that. The roster frankly is underwhelming. To me the jury is still out on Mangenius.

GO EAGLES! :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
01-09-09, 01:19 PM
Tail wagging the dog with the HC hired before the GM. Stupid. -Kevin
You just keep your focus to the south (in a stadium down by the river) and mind your own bidness when it comes to matters to the north. :p

dando
01-09-09, 01:41 PM
You just keep your focus to the south (in a stadium down by the river) and mind your own bidness when it comes to matters to the north. :p

I wish I could, but I run with a posse of Brownies fans (don't ask), and I like to mention The Drive, The Fumble, The Siper Bowl, Game 7 1997 World Series and see them twitch. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
01-09-09, 03:26 PM
I wish I could, but I run with a posse of Brownies fans (don't ask), and I like to mention The Drive, The Fumble, The Siper Bowl, Game 7 1997 World Series and see them twitch. :gomer: :D

-Kevin You left out red-right-88, or is that the Siper Bowl?

Insomniac
01-09-09, 03:34 PM
Tail wagging the dog with the HC hired before the GM. Stupid. The guy from the Eagles they wanted to interview pulled out because of that. Brilliant. I haven't followed closely, but Mangini wasn't in NYJ long enough to gauge his total performance, IMO. They were 4-12 before he was hired, then 10-6, 4-12 and 9-7. Clearly they should have finished better this season, but Green and White Jeebus threw 9 INTs over the last 5 games. Hard to win when your QB sucks like that. The roster frankly is underwhelming. To me the jury is still out on Mangenius.

-Kevin

I also assume Pioli bailed as well. I'm thinking he bailed, then they hired Mangini or he bailed because Lerner was pushing Mangini while saying Pioli could choose the coach. Pioli isn't leaving New England for that kind of mess. What does their cap look like? New England has 20 free agents.

dando
01-09-09, 03:53 PM
You left out red-right-88, or is that the Siper Bowl?

Yup. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
01-09-09, 04:03 PM

NYG League Championships (7)

* NFL Championships (4)
1927, 1934, 1938, 1956

* Super Bowl Championships (3)
1986 (XXI), 1990 (XXV), 2007 (XLII)

Conference Championships (10)

* NFL Eastern: 1956, 1958, 1959, 1961, 1962, 1963
* NFC: 1986, 1990, 2000, 2007

Division Championships (15)

* NFL East: 1933, 1934, 1935, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1944, 1946
* NFC East: 1986, 1989, 1990, 1997, 2000, 2005, 2008

Playoff Appearances (30)

* NFL: 1933, 1934, 1935, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1944, 1946, 1950, 1956, 1958, 1959, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1981, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Iggles League Championships (3)

* NFL Championships (3)
1948, 1949, 1960

Conference Championships (3)

* NFL Eastern: 1960
* NFC: 1980, 2004

Division Championships (11)

* NFL East: 1947, 1948, 1949, 1960
* NFC East: 1980, 1988, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006

Playoff Appearances (21)

* NFL: 1947, 1948, 1949, 1960, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008

Bungles League Championships (0)
Conference Championships (2)

* AFC: 1981, 1988

Division Championships (6)

* AFC Central: 1970, 1973, 1981, 1988, 1990
* AFC North: 2005

Playoff Appearances (8)

* NFL: 1970, 1973, 1975, 1981, 1982, 1988, 1990, 2005