PDA

View Full Version : Saturday '09

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

skaven
10-17-09, 07:47 PM
Worst PI call since the '03 Fiesta Bowl. :gomer: :thumdown: Refs wearing blue and orange after two total BS calls. I call shenanigans. :saywhat: :thumdown: :thumdown:

-Kevin

Agreed. :thumdown:

That reeked of "home cooking." Probably should have lost the game with the 4 lost fumbles and the big plays we gave up.We might have worked it down to score, but the refs gave it to us regardless with the two really, really bad calls.

I'll just crawl back in the woodwork after this embarrassing performance. :gomer:

dando
10-17-09, 08:07 PM
Agreed. :thumdown:

That reeked of "home cooking." Probably should have lost the game with the 4 lost fumbles and the big plays we gave up.We might have worked it down to score, but the refs gave it to us regardless with the two really, really bad calls.

I'll just crawl back in the woodwork after this embarrassing performance. :gomer:

Two missed FGs by Arky didn't help either. Oh well. Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes the windshield. Let's just hope your bug-windshield karma is coming. :gomer: :p

BTW, you should let Spickles out of the closet yer hiding him in. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-19-09, 06:53 PM
OU still sucks.

dando
10-19-09, 07:33 PM
OU still sucks.

Perhaps, but y'all suck just a bit less. :irked:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-19-09, 09:16 PM
go Boilers

dando
10-19-09, 09:24 PM
go Boilers

@ least we aren't posers (again) this season. Defend y'alls performance thus far.......

Aye, suspect. :gomer:

I hope McBoy's hang nail doesn't fall off. :p

-Kevin

dando
10-19-09, 09:27 PM
go Boilers

@ least we aren't posers (again) this season. Defend y'alls performance thus far.......

Uh huh. O-V-E-R-R-A-R-T-E-D :gomer: :D

-Kevin

nrc
10-19-09, 10:13 PM
Looks like this thread has crossed time streams with the same thread from another nearly identical reality. :eek:

dando
10-19-09, 10:33 PM
Looks like this thread has crossed time streams with the same thread from another nearly identical reality. :eek:

Don't cross the streams!

8jJ2WnRjzWs

:gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-19-09, 11:52 PM

Aye, suspect. :gomer:

-Kevin

I'm fully capable of admitting our offense is junk. Try it sometime before you lose your title shot losing to a 1-5 team :gomer:

WickerBill
10-20-09, 09:27 AM
dando, it's really fun to sit in a loser's chair and pick at the flaws of the winners, isn't it?

Texas would beat Ohio State by 35.

dando
10-20-09, 08:13 PM
dando, it's really fun to sit in a loser's chair and pick at the flaws of the winners, isn't it?

Doubtful since it took a last minute gift for the 'horns to beat The OSU back in January. The 'horns and Bucks actually match up better than PU-OSU. YMMV. My point in dissing the 'horns is that the so-called #2 team in the nation (going into the game) should not struggle like they did against OU, which lost Bradford early in the game. That game was UGLY. Period.

@Ank, that 1-5 team beat Toledo, which trounced CU, which gave UT fits well into the 3rd Q @ UT. They also took the Ducks to the wire IN Autzen. I'm also betting that the Ducks will beat U$C. I'm not defending The OSU over the PU debacle, but some of the results this season have defied logic. Not quite like the crazy end of the '07 season, but close.

-Kevin

nrc
10-20-09, 08:30 PM

Bah! And here I thought you knew something about football. Any old team can go out and win football games. Only the truly elite teams have the courage to make it more challenging for themselves by playing a receiver at Quarterback and limiting themselves to just five different plays. :gomer:

Ankf00
10-20-09, 11:48 PM
@Ank, that 1-5 team beat Toledo, which trounced CU, which gave UT fits well into the 3rd Q @ UT.

-Kevin

back to multiple degrees of transitive property, as time-tested as A&M/BYU's cold-fusion discovery :gomer:

you're like the OU SID sending this email to all the AP voters 2 hours before the voting deadline

Oklahoma’s three losses …

· By a total of five points.

· All on neutral or road fields.

· All versus ranked opponents.

Kenny Mossman

Sr. Associate Athletics Director/Communications

University of Oklahoma
THEY'RE ALMOST #1!!

WickerBill
10-21-09, 10:10 AM
Doubtful since it took a last minute gift for the 'horns to beat The OSU back in January. The 'horns and Bucks actually match up better than PU-OSU. YMMV. My point in dissing the 'horns is that the so-called #2 team in the nation (going into the game) should not struggle like they did against OU, which lost Bradford early in the game. That game was UGLY. Period.

Okay creampuff, perhaps I should have said "Texas would beat Ohio State by 35 IF THEY PLAYED TODAY." Why are you bringing up January? What in the world does that have to do with right now? Is that all you have to hold on to? You know, back in early January, USC was better than they are today, we had a Republican president, you were less annoying, and it was a lot colder outside than it is right now.

Don Quixote
10-21-09, 10:48 AM
Getting back on topic, who else here thinks that Terrelle Pryor is ready to play in the NFL? Seriously, 5 plays is all you ever need, right? :gomer:

Ankf00
10-21-09, 06:04 PM
stoops is 100% scum

Sam Bradford'Wednesday's press conference, where he was set to announce his intentions to have season-ending surgery, has been cancelled by the University of Oklahoma.

Sources close to Bradford confirmed to SoonerScoop.com that Bradford had come to a season-ending decision to have shoulder surgery on Tuesday, but head coach Bob Stoops released a statement just moments ago saying, "Sam wants more time to gather information."

Sources confirmed Bradford's plan was to undergo surgery on Tuesday with Dr. James Andrews in Alabama.

But that announcement, and that decision, has apparently been put on hold. Stoops will meet with the media following today's practice and SoonerScoop.com will be there to get his reaction to the latest developments on this breaking story.

absolute joke

cameraman
10-21-09, 06:14 PM
A University of Oklahoma football coach is "100% scum":eek::eek::eek:

and in other news the sun has been shown to rise in the east...

Ankf00
10-21-09, 07:05 PM
life is good being His son.

http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/godfirstdown.gif

same crew called UGa-LSU too. :rolleyes:

Don Quixote
10-21-09, 07:10 PM
stoops is 100% scum

absolute joke I wonder if Stoops has kidnapped him and has him buried in a concrete bunker somewhere, with only bread, water, and cortisone injections piped in.

dando
10-21-09, 08:24 PM

Crew suspended.

http://www.hogdb.com/2009/10/21/breaking-crew-from-florida-game-suspended/

Smells like the OSU-Illinois '07 crew. :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-21-09, 08:38 PM
Okay creampuff, perhaps I should have said "Texas would beat Ohio State by 35 IF THEY PLAYED TODAY." Why are you bringing up January? What in the world does that have to do with right now? Is that all you have to hold on to? You know, back in early January, USC was better than they are today, we had a Republican president, you were less annoying, and it was a lot colder outside than it is right now.

Gotta stiffie over the Nags, WB? :gomer: My point was that OSU and UT have played 3 times over the past 4 years....all close games. They match up better against UT rather than teams like a WVU, FL, etc. UT has issues....all of the top 5 have issues, IMO. Sadly, I agree with Lou Holtz in that none of the teams in the top five deserve to be #1. YMMV, creampuff. :p

-Kevin

skaven
10-21-09, 10:17 PM

:rofl:

I heard that the official line is CBS messed up and the "yellow line" was in the wrong place. Regardless, the UGA-LSU/ ARKY-UF ref team has been suspended as mentioned. Kinda sucks as college football is the only sport I have left now that I am "racing free."

Ankf00
10-24-09, 05:01 PM
'bama's playing such a TOUGH GRITTY game against that inept Tennessee offense :laugh:

nrc
10-26-09, 01:30 AM
Bob Griese had a moment during the Ohio State game on Sunday. During a promo for the NASCAR chase the showed some of the drivers in the chase, absent Montoya. Spielman asked "Where's Jaun Pablo Montoya?" and Griese answered, "Probably out having a taco." :eek:

Sure enough, by the end of the game Griese offered a rather vague apology.

I love Montoya's comment.

"Football coach? I don't know who it is," he said. "Somebody mentioned it to me. I don't really care to tell you the truth. Yeah, I don't. I could say I spent the last three hours eating tacos, but I was actually driving a car. But that's okay, I don't care."
http://blog.al.com/blogoftomorrow/2009/10/montoya_couldnt_care_less_abou.html

dando
10-26-09, 09:18 AM
Bob Griese had a moment during the Ohio State game on Sunday. During a promo for the NASCAR chase the showed some of the drivers in the chase, absent Montoya. Spielman asked "Where's Jaun Pablo Montoya?" and Griese answered, "Probably out having a taco." :eek:

Sure enough, by the end of the game Griese offered a rather vague apology.

I love Montoya's comment.

http://blog.al.com/blogoftomorrow/2009/10/montoya_couldnt_care_less_abou.html

Youtube is your friend. :)

bE4XhdgjD64

:shakehead :saywhat:

Supposedly he made numerous other mistakes during the game as well. But nothing could have been more priceless than Mushberger on the field in The Shoe before the Tex@ss/OSU game back in '05 calling it The Big House. :saywhat: :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-26-09, 09:26 AM
This is more evidence that Griese is either the worst or next to worst color commentator in the history of the known universe. (Neck and neck with Fouts). Columbians are well known for their tacos.

Don Quixote
10-27-09, 08:14 AM
Bob is suspended for one week. Maybe he can take a class to make himself a better broadcaster.

Indy
10-27-09, 10:55 AM
Griese taco? :rofl:

racermike
10-27-09, 10:58 AM
I am going to the (#5) USC @ (#10) Oregon game this weekend. Autzen Stadium is gonna be rockin'

dando
10-27-09, 11:00 AM
I am going to the (#5) USC @ (#10) Oregon game this weekend. Autzen Stadium is gonna be rockin'

Oh, that should be a goodie. Enjoy. :thumbup: I wonder which uni version the fashionistas will select for the Duckies this weekend.... :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-27-09, 11:03 AM
Bob is suspended for one week. Maybe he can take a class to make himself a better broadcaster.

Bold move by E$PN management. Now to deal with the Bristol staff fornicating in the hallways.... :saywhat: Deadspin. :thumbup:

-Kevin <== wishing he worked for E$PN :D :gomer:

WickerBill
10-28-09, 09:01 AM
There are people absolutely in hysterics about ESPN suspending him in the name of political correctness, and they seem to outnumber those who think it was the right thing to do.

I wonder if ESPN suspends him if it doesn't happen in the same week Deadspin is kicking their butts on the whole "every intern gets harassed at some point at ESPN" story. Right now, they need to look responsible.

Griese let that fly before thinking. Shows that it's ingrained, and it wasn't premeditated. Not sure which is worse.

extramundane
10-28-09, 09:46 AM
Funny, he didn't get in hot water when he used the same line about Danica Patrick...

:rofl:

nrc
10-28-09, 10:47 AM
Bold move by E$PN management. Now to deal with the Bristol staff fornicating in the hallways.... :saywhat: Deadspin. :thumbup:

Sounds like great fodder for one of those "ESPN behind the scenes" spots they run. :D

TKGAngel
10-28-09, 12:42 PM
This is more evidence that Griese is either the worst or next to worst color commentator in the history of the known universe.

Even worse than Scott Goodyear?

I wonder if ESPN suspends him if it doesn't happen in the same week Deadspin is kicking their butts on the whole "every intern gets harassed at some point at ESPN" story.

The intern that Phillips was involved with sounds scary, like boil the bunny scary.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4594666

dando
10-28-09, 01:21 PM
Even worse than Scott Goodyear?

The intern that Phillips was involved with sounds scary, like boil the bunny scary.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4594666

Griese is he Scooty Goodyear of college foosball.

The intern Phillips poked is just a tad shy of Fatal Attraction. :eek:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-28-09, 02:24 PM
The intern he smashed is a man, baby.

dando
10-28-09, 02:50 PM
The intern he smashed is a man, baby.

As noted in another thread....manbearpig is apprapo. :eek: :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-29-09, 01:45 PM
what do you think would happen if okie st played sparty?

how would the universe react when both teams tried to choke away the win simultaneously.

it is questions such as this that the LHC in Bern, CH should be working on I say.

dando
10-29-09, 01:57 PM
what do you think would happen if okie st played sparty?

how would the universe react when both teams tried to choke away the win simultaneously.

it is questions such as this that the LHC in Bern, CH should be working on I say.

The space-time continuum would only be in peril if John L was still in charge @ MSU. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
10-30-09, 06:04 PM
SEC to shoot first, as questions later. :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4608317

BTW, heckuva game last night b/w VaTech and NC. I've never seen a more efficient officiating crew. They had replay reviews completed before E$PN could complete showing a replay (w/o a commercial break, to boot). :eek:

-Kevin

dando
10-30-09, 06:07 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc3/11853_164035074798_9362894798_2564541_6540389_n.jp g

:D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-30-09, 06:10 PM
Nice!

dando
10-30-09, 06:12 PM
Nice!

VY is still trying to figure it out. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-30-09, 06:34 PM
Able to figure out that overrated Ohio defense well enough :gomer:

Ankf00
10-31-09, 01:02 AM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/210/83534776.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8445/61059530.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/7775/40022100.jpg

look closely at the first pic, the spot isn't in line with the line of gain marker, it's 1st and 9 according to the sticks.

Don Quixote
10-31-09, 10:56 AM
:shakehead

Don Quixote
10-31-09, 02:39 PM
Officiating in this Iowa - Indiana game is bad, bad, bad, ala SEC. Indiana is getting the screw. :irked:

dando
10-31-09, 03:02 PM
Officiating in this Iowa - Indiana game is bad, bad, bad, ala SEC. Indiana is getting the screw. :irked:

Do tell. I just spent 3 hours with a 3-yo @ the NMSU game. No way IU should have been in this game to begin with. :shakehead :saywhat:

Oh, and the Big 10+1 officials set the mark for poor officiating that others are just now trying to Limbo under. :irked:

EDIT: Iowa top 5 BC$ argument == :laugh:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-31-09, 03:19 PM
Doesn't matter now, Iowa is running away. Sloppy game, beaucoup turnovers, breakdowns in coverage, bad officiating, all you could want in a game. :saywhat:

Ankf00
10-31-09, 05:12 PM
Doesn't matter now, Iowa is running away. Sloppy game, beaucoup turnovers, breakdowns in coverage, bad officiating, all you could want in a game. :saywhat:

granted, I was hungover and half asleep for much of this 9am kick, but Purdue shouldn't have gotten their 4th td on that diving play, black shoe & black end zone but didnt look like he was dragging his foot, then 2 pass plays in a row for U of I scores...

dando
10-31-09, 06:17 PM

9 TOs and 11 penalties...what more could you want? Big 10+1 goodness! Unfortunately there will be fools who vote them into the the BC$ top 5 based on the final score. I still want an explanation on how 4/5 computer polls have them ranked #1 playing N. Iowa, Iowa St., Arky St. and 'zona in addition to Big 10+1 badness. :laugh: :rofl: :saywhat: :irked: :shakehead x 11 Srsly, are you kidding me? :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-31-09, 07:09 PM
UM bad. 38 points to the Illini, which The OSU shut out. :laugh: :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
10-31-09, 09:35 PM
Able to figure out that overrated Ohio defense well enough :gomer:

BMOC. Woohoo! You know as well as I do that y'all were a Ryan Hamby 10 thumbs catch away from defeat, but as they say c'est la vie. Go Big Twinkie (yet again)!

I called the spade for what it was from the beginning of the E$PN/other media lovefest for VY back in '06...pure BS. Prove me wrong, Kumar. :irked:

-Kevin

dando
10-31-09, 10:52 PM
F! U$C. Oh, and the Duckies almost lost to Purdue. Go figger. I guess it doesn't take a VY to beat U$C or The OSU. :gomer:

-Kevin

racermike
11-01-09, 01:15 AM
F! U$C. Oh, and the Duckies almost lost to Purdue. Go figger. I guess it doesn't take a VY to beat U$C or The OSU. :gomer:

-Kevin

600+ Offensive yards against USC

Absolutely beautiful!

IlliniRacer
11-01-09, 02:50 AM
Nothing better than reinforcing a stereotype -

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2009/10/500x_custom_1257017799948_gatorswearjeanshorts_01. jpg

dando
11-01-09, 10:05 AM
600+ Offensive yards against USC

Absolutely beautiful!

Go left coast OSU. ;) Duckies aren't out of the woods yet with four more to go, plus one @ 'zona.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
11-01-09, 12:13 PM
Anybody else find it odd that the betting line in tOSU game was 44.5 and they won by 45? :\ :saywhat:

nrc
11-01-09, 02:25 PM
Anybody else find it odd that the betting line in tOSU game was 44.5 and they won by 45? :\ :saywhat:

eh. They called off the dogs in the third quarter half and the last two scores were pretty much gimmees from NMS.

Ankf00
11-01-09, 02:30 PM
I guess it doesn't take a VY to beat U$C

-Kevin

whatever it does take, tOSU didn't have it :gomer:

dando
11-01-09, 07:27 PM
eh. They called off the dogs in the third quarter half and the last two scores were pretty much gimmees from NMS.

They should investigate Pettry for betting on the game. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-02-09, 06:16 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/PAC%2010/Ducks_Hunt_Trojans.gif

:heart: freek

dando
11-02-09, 06:38 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/PAC%2010/Ducks_Hunt_Trojans.gif

:heart: freek

Sadly yet another uni version. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-04-09, 03:52 AM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Picture-2.png

Don Quixote
11-04-09, 10:27 AM
Ank is on a roll! :laugh:

dando
11-06-09, 05:12 PM
More 'hand of god' goodness for the Goters.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4629318

Urban fined 30K...I thought they were supposed to suspend first and ask questions later? :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
11-07-09, 04:03 PM
Hawkeyes. :laugh: :thumbup: :gomer:

Like I stated previously, ain't no way they deserved the love they were getting from the computers. It simply made no sense based on results or SOS. Period.

EDIT: $10 and my left nut that UM loses their last 5 and is not bowl eligible. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
11-07-09, 04:15 PM
Texas is playing Central Florida? What, they couldn't find any women's colleges or schools for the blind to play?

ND down 7-0 to Navy. Go Middies! :thumbup:

dando
11-07-09, 04:28 PM
Texas is playing Central Florida? What, they couldn't find any women's colleges or schools for the blind to play?

ND down 7-0 to Navy. Go Middies! :thumbup:

Hater. :D You're just overlooking that kwality W over Louisiana Monroe. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-07-09, 04:47 PM
ND down 14-0 to Navy. Go Middies! :thumbup:

Fixed. Squids are just that good. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
11-07-09, 09:16 PM
O-H!

Elmo T
11-07-09, 10:03 PM
PSU :shakehead

nrc
11-07-09, 10:28 PM
O-H!

I-O!

Ok, so I've been pretty down on Pryor. He played a decent game today. He did what he needed to do and he didn't make any terrible mistakes. It's a start.

Like the other top Big 10 teams, Penn State was over-rated. The Buckeyes are in position to win another title and likely position themselves for another embarrassing bowl loss. :\

Don Quixote
11-07-09, 10:53 PM
tOSU defense shut them out, as the lone PSU score on fourth down was not in. As for Pryor, I am hopeful this was a big turning point in his career, his first win in a big game, and in a hostile environment that was all over him.

Ankf00
11-08-09, 01:17 AM
Hater. :D You're just overlooking that kwality W over Louisiana Monroe. :gomer:

-Kevin

Youngstown St. says "hi." :gomer:

dando
11-08-09, 10:10 AM
P-U :shakehead
Fixed. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-08-09, 10:11 AM
Youngstown St. says "hi." :gomer:

We didn't play this season. Who have y'all played outside the conference that's been a kwality ranked team team since The OSU in '05/'06?

Thought so. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-08-09, 10:15 AM
tOSU defense shut them out, as the lone PSU score on fourth down was not in. As for Pryor, I am hopeful this was a big turning point in his career, his first win in a big game, and in a hostile environment that was all over him.

That play was bogus all the way around. I swear I heard whistles before the ball was snapped (when the TO was called). Then the replay/review fiasco. :saywhat: Every bit as bad as the goal line stand vs. U$C where subsequent photos have shown the TD was stuffed. :shakehead C'est la vie.

IMO, Pitt is going to spank UC, and shut up all of the Bearclaws yahoos. :irked:

-Kevin

Gnam
11-09-09, 02:46 PM
Boise State > Ducks :thumbup:

Anybody see the punch after the game? Blount may have bought himself a little trouble. :shakehead

PAC-10 loves it. Blount will be back for Round 2 next Saturday.
:thumdown::shakehead

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/11/pac10-approves-reinstatement-of-oregons-legarrette-blount.html

Ankf00
11-09-09, 04:28 PM
We didn't play this season. Who have y'all played outside the conference that's been a kwality ranked team team since The OSU in '05/'06?

Thought so. :gomer:

-Kevin

eh, TCU > '06 tOSU.

Ankf00
11-10-09, 02:03 PM
OU loses 2 more starters for the season.

One of their only o-linemen who can block, LG Eldridge, and Auston English is out too.

Karma, bitches. And if OU manages to lose their remaining games, they won't be bowl eligible.

Bob Stoops finally figured out how to not lose a bowl game :)

dando
11-10-09, 10:00 PM
eh, TCU > '06 tOSU.

By what measure? :hateball: :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-11-09, 03:53 AM
lack of 40 point sodomization tends to usually do the trick.

notthatthere'sanythingwrongwiththat. :tony:

Don Quixote
11-11-09, 10:06 AM
And if OU manages to lose their remaining games, they won't be bowl eligible. Same with Richy Rod's boys. 5-5 record with a 1-5 big ten record. :laugh: But you have to give them credit for 700+ yards against Delaware State. :gomer: Wisconsin and tOSU for the final two games.

Don Quixote
11-11-09, 06:13 PM
I like this picture.

http://menofthescarletandgray.com/wp-content/uploads/PSU-Stunned.png

Don Quixote
11-14-09, 07:53 PM
O-H !

dando
11-14-09, 11:48 PM
O-H !

I-O! :)

Walked on the field for the third time tonight....once on Astroturf in '84, once on grass in '96, and now once on Field Turf. Nothing will beat the game in '96 after we beat UM with everyone tearing up the field, and getting yelled @ by a cop to put out a cigarette. :gomer:

Only the 3rd time to the Rose Bowl in ~25 years? Oy vey! :irked:

-Kevin

dando
11-15-09, 12:25 AM
Buh-bye Porky Weiss. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
11-15-09, 01:40 AM
I-O! :)

Walked on the field for the third time tonight....once on Astroturf in '84, once on grass in '96, and now once on Field Turf. Nothing will beat the game in '96 after we beat UM with everyone tearing up the field, and getting yelled @ by a cop to put out a cigarette. :gomer:

I took some home and put it in my yard. It was easy to spot the extra green patch for quite some time. :)

Wow. That last two minutes and the overtime were almost too much Tresselball even for my taste. :eek:

Tallest midget, baby! :D

Andrew Longman
11-15-09, 04:48 AM
Buh-bye Porky Weiss. :gomer:

-Kevin

They look so flat.

I heard a rumor this week that he might bring Romeo Crennell as his DC to save his job.

Makes some sense.

Also ND owes him a lot of money and I think they may be still paying Whittingham as well.

dando
11-15-09, 10:01 AM
I took some home and put it in my yard. It was easy to spot the extra green patch for quite some time. :)

I actually put some in a planter. Lasted about ten years. :)

I almost lost my voice yesterday bitching @ Tress. Tresselball doesn't work very well when your P/K aren't very good. :( The game was eerily like Purdue sans TOs. The DL didn't get to the QB and our DBs were exposed (again). :( Alls well that ends well, tho.

http://www.salvationarmyconcordca.org/news_files/roses111.jpg

:)

I just wish my FIL could have been here to see it. Huge Bucks fan...passed away a week ago Fri. :cry: I mooched OSU tix off of him for the past 17 years. :D

-Kevin

dando
11-15-09, 10:07 AM
I heard a rumor this week that he might bring Romeo Crennell as his DC to save his job.

Good lord, can you imagine the chow bill for that staff? :gomer:

Chuck just isn't college coach material, IMO. ND needs to bring someone like Schiano to coach. :D

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-15-09, 12:40 PM
Schiano? That's an interesting choice.

I think Schiano has all he can handle with RU. He's put together a solid program that emphasizes character and team. He's a good recruiter. That's cool for RU but I think ND has higher aspirations.

But you do have a point that ND will long be struggling with their inability to make big compromises on academics. They need a coach who can make the most of players just a little smarter than average.

For the record though, I don't think Schiano is going anywhere. He's a Jersey guy and his recruiting network is here. I think he wants to pull a Joe Pa and spend his career here.

dando
11-15-09, 02:16 PM
Schiano? That's an interesting choice.

I think Schiano has all he can handle with RU. He's put together a solid program that emphasizes character and team. He's a good recruiter. That's cool for RU but I think ND has higher aspirations.

But you do have a point that ND will long be struggling with their inability to make big compromises on academics. They need a coach who can make the most of players just a little smarter than average.

For the record though, I don't think Schiano is going anywhere. He's a Jersey guy and his recruiting network is here. I think he wants to pull a Joe Pa and spend his career here.

I was just throwing that name out there to tweak you. :p The name I've heard mentioned a bunch is Brian Kelly (UC). I'm betting that if Schiano goes anywhere it'll be PSU.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
11-16-09, 06:29 PM
Remember this? :rofl: :rofl:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gRNUO6GYL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Ankf00
11-16-09, 06:38 PM
:laugh:

Don Quixote
11-18-09, 12:29 PM
http://www.thebuckeyebattlecry.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/greaterthan.jpg

dando