PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Jackson Dead

Pages : 1 [2]

Kahauna Dreamer
06-29-09, 11:07 PM
George and Gradney.
Estrada was before my time.

I never saw them with Lowell George, hence the :cry:

He died when I was 9 years old. I did see them ten years later in their Craig Fuller/Shawn Murphy/Freddie Tackett iteration.

Andrew Longman
06-30-09, 12:09 AM
Not saying that this is a reliable source, but I found this on LG's wiki bio. Of course there is no footnote. The way I heard it was that Zappa found out about the song when somebody gave him a tape. Who knows? OC, you may be right. Zappa was a notorious slavedriver, and LG would not be at the top of the list of hard workers. (BTW, I thought this thread was about Michael Jackson) :laugh:

Zappa threw a lot of people out of his band, including Jean Luc Ponty.

Zappa (and Nugent) have always famously been very down on drugs and high on just being weird.

BTW in 1968 my dad brought home Jefferson Airplane's Takes off and MOI's Absolutely Free. I was 8 and I wore them out.

My Dad usually brought home Herb Alpert. He's never bought anything like JA or MOI before or since.

chop456
06-30-09, 01:14 AM
Legend has it that Zappa kicked George off the band when he listened to an advanced tape of "willin". Zappa reportedly didn't like the drug references (weed, whites and wine), and told George that it was time to go their separate ways. Has anyone else heard this version of the story?

BTW - Uncle Tupelo's version of Willin' kicks all kinds of ass.

Michaelhatesfans
06-30-09, 01:32 AM
There was even more news about Michael Jackson tonight. Seemingly, he's still dead.

Napoleon
06-30-09, 06:09 AM
My Dad usually brought home Herb Alpert. He's never bought anything like JA or MOI before or since.

Are you my brother? If your mom bought Englebert Humperdink I would guess we have to be related somehow.

There was even more news about Michael Jackson tonight. Seemingly, he's still dead.

Him and Franco.

Napoleon
06-30-09, 06:34 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090629/ap_on_en_mu/us_michael_jackson

Classy guy.

Maybe Micheal's dad can beat the new kids like he did Michael, whom may have left him out of his will.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124632881534571569.html

TKGAngel
06-30-09, 10:24 AM
Continuing with the klassy, OK! is going to feature a dying MJ on the cover of this week's issue.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_display/news/magazines-newspapers/e3i3a983edc0e93a51be4334f21f1223d3d

cameraman
06-30-09, 12:27 PM
I've never heard of OK! magazine.

I guess I don't get out enough...

miatanut
06-30-09, 12:29 PM
Are you my brother? If your mom bought Englebert Humperdink I would guess we have to be related somehow.

How can you compare Herb Alpert and Englebert Humperdink?

Kahauna Dreamer
06-30-09, 12:35 PM
I've never heard of OK! magazine.

I guess I don't get out enough...

OK! is a Brit tabloid. It's been distributed in the USA for at least 11-12 years now.

datachicane
06-30-09, 12:37 PM
Him and Franco.

Beat me to it.

Napoleon
06-30-09, 08:23 PM
Holy _____, he weighed 112 lbs at death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/michael_jackson/2009/06/28/2009-06-28_jackson_weighed_112_pounds_at_death.html

trish
06-30-09, 09:15 PM
Holy _____, he weighed 112 lbs at death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/michael_jackson/2009/06/28/2009-06-28_jackson_weighed_112_pounds_at_death.html

I'm more shocked by the guy in the blue shirt. :eek:

Napoleon
07-02-09, 08:58 AM
The word on the street in Hollywood is that this guy has already lawyered up to contest Jackson's will (http://www.centerforgreatapes.org/residents-details.aspx?id=6)

Michaelhatesfans
07-02-09, 10:14 AM
The word on the street in Hollywood is that this guy has already lawyered up to contest Jackson's will (http://www.centerforgreatapes.org/residents-details.aspx?id=6)

"Bubbles can be sensitive and dramatic. If he has any kind of cut or scratch on his body…no matter how small… he will show it many times during the day to his caregivers and ask for sympathy."

I wonder where he picked that up? Probably likes sleep overs, as well.

Napoleon
07-02-09, 10:21 AM
I wonder where he picked that up? Probably likes sleep overs, as well.

They do say that
he is extremely gentle with the youngsters, especially infant Stryker. In fact, the baby can often be seen riding around on Bubbles’ back.

trish
07-06-09, 09:41 PM
Any of you going to this circus tomorrow?

Methanolandbrats
07-06-09, 11:16 PM
Any of you going to this circus tomorrow? No, I'd like to, but the tickets are too expensive.

datachicane
07-07-09, 01:44 AM
Anybody else think that, perhaps, there's something out of whack about selling tickets to a funeral?

I guess when you live in a culture where no kid gets a school lunch and no baby gets a vaccination without some entity ringing up a profit, obscenity no longer has a meaning.
I'm a capitalist and all, but this is f'ed up.

Gnam
07-07-09, 01:53 AM
Dignity has left the building. Maybe the funeral can go on tour.

Michaelhatesfans
07-07-09, 02:25 AM

I'd rather shove metal shavings up under my fingernails.

trish
07-07-09, 05:22 AM
Anybody else think that, perhaps, there's something out of whack about selling tickets to a funeral?

I guess when you live in a culture where no kid gets a school lunch and no baby gets a vaccination without some entity ringing up a profit, obscenity no longer has a meaning.
I'm a capitalist and all, but this is f'ed up.

I was under the impression that the tickets were being given away.

TKGAngel
07-07-09, 07:42 AM
I was under the impression that the tickets were being given away.

The tickets may have been given away*, but if you were one of the lucky ones to actually get tickets, you still had to pay for transportation to/fro LA, lodgings and food.

*Unless you saw them for sale on ebay or craigslist, that is.

emjaya
07-07-09, 08:58 AM
Dignity has left the building. Maybe the funeral can go on tour.

The stadiums are already booked...

G.
07-07-09, 01:49 PM

I'd rather shove metal shavings under MHF's fingernails.

Also, just a hunch, but I think Meth&brats was being a teensy bit ironic.

Methanolandbrats
07-07-09, 01:50 PM

Also, just a hunch, but I think Meth&brats was being a teensy bit ironic.
:D

Michaelhatesfans
07-07-09, 02:46 PM

I do it, you do it, either way we're not going, so it's a win-win.:thumbup:

G.
07-07-09, 05:02 PM
I do it, you do it, either way we're not going, so it's a win-win.:thumbup:

:rofl:

trish
07-07-09, 06:09 PM
The tickets may have been given away*, but if you were one of the lucky ones to actually get tickets, you still had to pay for transportation to/fro LA, lodgings and food.

*Unless you saw them for sale on ebay or craigslist, that is.

Well, his last act has been to stimulate the economy in California.

Gnam
07-07-09, 06:34 PM
The stadiums are already booked...

Road trip! :p

London calling...Aug.29 (http://www.showbiz411.com/michael-jackson-tribute-london-o2)

pchall
07-08-09, 09:08 AM
My Dad usually brought home Herb Alpert.

My dad brought home a copy of the "Whipped Cream" album. It made quite an impression even though I was only nine. :)

http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/A/Alpert/herbf.jpg

KLang
07-08-09, 09:25 AM
My dad brought home a copy of the "Whipped Cream" album. It made quite an impression even though I was only nine. :)

We had that one as well. :thumbup: I even liked the music way back then.

Indy
07-08-09, 10:52 AM

Very funny. At an early age I would stare at that album cover without understanding why it was so fascinating. :D

Napoleon
07-08-09, 11:06 AM

Well it looks like a bunch of us have that in common.

Michaelhatesfans
07-08-09, 12:11 PM
Well it looks like a bunch of us have that in common.

:thumbup:

Don Quixote
07-08-09, 12:19 PM
Same here. Mixed in with lots of Sinatra and Como from my mom.

FTG
07-08-09, 12:22 PM
Wonder if 30 years from now old farts will talk the same way about the youtube video of the skateboarding dog?

cameraman
07-08-09, 12:22 PM
We had that one as well. :thumbup: I even liked the music way back then.

I still have that lp...

Michaelhatesfans
07-08-09, 12:28 PM
Just a quick mini-rant...

Channel surfing was hopeless last night. You couldn't get away from it. I was annoyed, but not surprised.

However, what I couldn't get past in all the clips that I saw was how they were painting him to be THE MAN when it came to breaking down color barriers. Jesus, what a kick in the balls to Jackie Robinson, Satchel Page, MLK, Richard Pryor, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Dr. J, Bill Cosby (I could go on...).

In the field of breaking down racial barriers, Michael was lucky to be in their ****ing slipstreams. I even saw a clip of Magic Johnson attributing some of his merchandise sales to Michael. Believe me, Magic, you would have done just as well without the gloved one. Ye Gods.:shakehead

cameraman
07-08-09, 12:46 PM
I watched a DVRed 3+ hour Tour de France broadcast and the Deadliest Catch.
Not a single word about Mickey.

G.
07-08-09, 01:03 PM
However, what I couldn't get past in all the clips that I saw was how they were painting him to be THE MAN when it came to breaking down color barriers. Jesus, what a kick in the balls to Jackie Robinson, Satchel Page, MLK, Richard Pryor, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Dr. J, Bill Cosby (I could go on...).

I don't remember any of THEM breaking through the color barrier, going from Black man to White woman.

[too easy. Boo.]

Napoleon
07-08-09, 01:10 PM

Although on the merits you are correct, eulogies are all about going over the top with praise, so why let it bug you. Everyone knows that is what people do.

Elmo T
07-08-09, 02:08 PM
going from Black man to White woman.

On about Day 3 of the "Michael Jackson is still dead" watch, my 5yo asked "why is he white?" We asked what do you mean. He said he saw him singing as a little black boy, but now he is white. :shakehead Easier to explain where babies come from.

G.
07-08-09, 02:20 PM
On about Day 3 of the "Michael Jackson is still dead" watch, my 5yo asked "why is he white?" We asked what do you mean. He said he saw him singing as a little black boy, but now he is white. :shakehead Easier to explain where babies come from.
It's never too early to teach your children about self-loathing!

cameraman
07-08-09, 03:01 PM

You could have just said it was the Vitiligo.

Methanolandbrats
07-08-09, 03:08 PM
Time to fire up a Celebrity Funeral Channel....CFC in HD. Then all the E watching, People reading, celebrity obsessed dimwits could watch the crap on there. :thumbup:

Napoleon
07-08-09, 03:26 PM
Time to fire up a Celebrity Funeral Channel

That sounds way too narrowly focused. I would suggest the Dead Celeb Channel, which when there were no celebrities being buried, could do things like a special on the ham sandwich Mama Cass Elliot choked on or better yet celebrity death trivia like what other famous musician died in the exact same flat Mama Cass died in.

Elmo T
07-08-09, 03:55 PM
You could have just said it was the Vitiligo.

We did explain that MJ was diagnosed with a disease that changed the color of his skin.

We also explained that he looked different because of plastic surgery - that some people aren't happy with their appearance and they make a decision to change it. Why - because that is how they feel.

Just not a conversation I expect with a kid in Pre-K.

cameraman
07-08-09, 07:18 PM
Just not a conversation I expect with a kid in Pre-K. I have those kind of conversations all the time. My 4 and a half year-old doesn't put up with platitudes, he wants the answer.:laugh:

TravelGal
07-08-09, 07:22 PM
I still have that lp...

ME TOOOOOO!

oddlycalm
07-09-09, 04:36 PM
I watched a DVRed 3+ hour Tour de France broadcast and the Deadliest Catch.
Not a single word about Mickey.
Absolutely. Avoid cable news and major networks and you've effectively filtered out 90% of the background noise and crap.

oc