PDA

View Full Version : Puck 09/10

Pages : 1 [2]

Don Quixote
05-24-10, 05:22 PM
Who would win: Ditka vs the NHL All-Stars? How about Ditka vs the combined olympic teams from all countries? How about Ditka vs. Butkis?
http://staff.hartdistrict.org/rphilli/images/chris%20farley%20dance.gif

dando
05-24-10, 10:03 PM
Phlyers! :thumbup: Never a doubt. :eek:

-Kevin

dando
05-26-10, 08:59 AM
Avs sign Footer for another year. Must ned the jack to keep paying the mortgage on his $3m white elephant over in Tartan Fields. :gomer: :rofl:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
05-26-10, 09:17 AM
Avs sign Footer for another year. Must ned the jack to keep paying the mortgage on his $3m white elephant over in Tartan Fields. :gomer: :rofl:

-KevinHe told me his recent playoff checks have paid off that mortgage several times over. He also told me the next time he sees you, facewash. :D

Elmo T
05-26-10, 10:43 AM
Phlyers! :thumbup: Never a doubt. :eek:

-Kevin

I think it is going to be an uphill battle for the Flyers, but it has been that way for the whole post season.

Today's Inquirer is painting it this way:

The current edition of the Hawks is a carefully built, well-balanced team on a steady progression to this moment. No team is better qualified to upset them than these Flyers, with their ragged band of limping stars and misfit toys.
(http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20100526_Phil_Sheridan__Rejects_got_the_Flyers_whe re_they_are.html#axzz0p2xHVYyG)

dando
05-26-10, 10:57 AM
I think it is going to be an uphill battle for the Flyers, but it has been that way for the whole post season.

Post season? Dude, it took a shootout W over the NYR the last game of the season just to get into the playoffs. Follow that with the 3-0/3-0 win over the Broons. :eek: If this team isn't destined to win The Cup...

That being said, Phlyers in 7, the Gs are the key, IMO.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-26-10, 12:55 PM
That being said, Phlyers in 7, the Gs are the key, IMO.

-Kevin

I just think it's funny that the two teams with the most questionable G's heading into the playoffs are now the ones battling for the Cup.

I have to root for Chicago. The Cup can come back to B-lo twice this summer if they win.

Avs sign Footer for another year. Must need the jack to keep paying the mortgage on his $3m white elephant over in Tartan Fields

The Avs probably still need him to act as babysitter for the youngins in the room. (See: Grier, Mike; Buffalo for reference.)

dando
05-26-10, 01:07 PM
I just think it's funny that the two teams with the most questionable G's heading into the playoffs are now the ones battling for the Cup.

I have to root for Chicago. The Cup can come back to B-lo twice this summer if they win.

Boucher > Marty B was enough to make me pass out. :eek: Follow that up with Boucher getting injured and then the Leighton story. :eek: x2

No love for your guy Danny B? ;)

So what is the lowest seeded team to win The Cup?

-Kevin

G.
05-26-10, 01:34 PM
'Hawks are going to win, cuz I'm jumping on the bandwagon, baby! :thumbup:

Now, what is this "Reversus" that I'm going to need?

dando
05-26-10, 01:46 PM
Now, what is this "Reversus" that I'm going to need?

NBC has the first couple, you putz. :p ;) Vs. has the middle couple and then back to NBC if necessary.

*drops gloves* :D

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-26-10, 02:03 PM
No love for your guy Danny B? ;)

-Kevin

Puh-lease. I can't wait for the Buffalo News writers and columnists to write another column slurping Briere. :rolleyes:

And Wiki says the NJD in 1995 were the lowest seeded team to win the Cup at a #5. Lower seeded teams have made it to the finals, but not won it.

Opposite Lock
05-27-10, 12:23 AM

Atta girl - I've considered you to be a reluctant Hawks fan ever since you gave up the "Twenty Cent" moniker - that could only have been born in Buffalo. :D
But what other Hawk are you counting with B-lo ties besides
http://s1.hubimg.com/u/176876_f520.jpg:confused:

Personally, I've never questioned Niemi. (Hi, Jeremy Roenwhateveryournamewas:gomer:) Yeah, when he goes cold, he goes Really, Really Cold - but so far it hasn't happened during the playoffs. :thumbup: But speaking of Leighton, well, let's just say he was a member of the Hawks before they really got the art of the draft down. I'd say both Gs are leaders at shutouts. Can't wait for Saturday night.

TKGAngel
05-27-10, 07:44 AM
But what other Hawk are you counting with B-lo ties

Scotty Bowman. Dude still lives up here. (Assuming that mgmt gets time with the Cup, of course.)

Unless the finals are a sweep either way, the league has to count these playoffs as a success. Ratings are up, the media is actually paying attention to the sport (been on PTI twice in the past couple days) and the "History Will Be Made" ad campaign has gone viral.

Elmo T
05-27-10, 08:38 AM
Boucher (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/94938809.html#axzz0p8HV4ggs) pushing for a return in Game 1.

If they start him and we lose, there will be a back lash for benching Leighton. Play Leighton and we lose, well you get the picture. :rolleyes:;)

I think the moment and public sentiment is in Leighton's favor.

dando
05-27-10, 09:15 AM
Boucher (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/94938809.html#axzz0p8HV4ggs) pushing for a return in Game 1.

If they start him and we lose, there will be a back lash for benching Leighton. Play Leighton and we lose, well you get the picture. :rolleyes:;)

I think the moment and public sentiment is in Leighton's favor.

Oh ****. The ghost of Pelle Lindbergh returns for the Cup Finals. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

dando
05-27-10, 09:49 AM
M-AXZlWfXWw

:rofl:

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
05-29-10, 10:59 PM
:thumbup:

Three more...

dando
05-30-10, 11:36 AM
And let the Phlyers G controversy begin.... :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-30-10, 12:15 PM
That game was bananas.

Ryan Miller with Pierre & Milbury :thumbup:

Elmo T
05-30-10, 05:41 PM
That game was bananas.

What a see-saw shoot-out. :eek:

I was exhausted just sitting on the couch.

Opposite Lock
06-01-10, 12:36 AM
Two more..

dando
06-01-10, 10:20 AM
Two more..

Meh. We've got you just where we want ya. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-01-10, 10:58 AM

-Kevin Not until its 0-3. ;)

dando
06-02-10, 11:15 PM
1 down, 3 to go. :p

-Kevin

Elmo T
06-03-10, 10:16 AM
Other than the Flyers being down, I am guessing this series is exceeding everyone's expectations. :thumbup: Well maybe that part was expected, but the games have been great and the teams are surprisingly well matched.

My wife went to bed, she said it was too exhausting watching these games. :laugh:

TKGAngel
06-03-10, 12:20 PM
My wife went to bed, she said it was too exhausting watching these games.

I fell asleep on the couch midway through the third.

And NHL viewership is up amongst females (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-01/hockeys-hottest-men-and-hollywood-wives/?cid=bs:archive19). The reason: we want to be like Hilary Duff and Carrie Underwood and snag us a hockey player that will give us a big shiny diamond. :rolleyes: :irked:

dando
06-03-10, 12:32 PM
And NHL viewership is up amongst females (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-01/hockeys-hottest-men-and-hollywood-wives/?cid=bs:archive19). The reason: we want to be like Hilary Duff and Carrie Underwood and snag us a hockey player that will give us a big shiny diamond. :rolleyes: :irked:

Nah, you're just sweet on Scotty 'Caveman' Hartnell. :eek: :p

-Kevin

Elmo T
06-03-10, 12:40 PM
Nice write up in the Philly Inquirer. No chest thumping or bashing. :thumbup:

Goal for goal, the Stanley Cup Finals go on
(http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/columnists/20100603_Phil_Sheridan__Goal_for_goal__the_Stanley _Cup_Finals_go_on.html#axzz0poCtcDBT)

Neither of these teams are wired to go into a defensive shell, at least not until very late in the game. The stay aggressive, trying to build on leads rather than protect them. It makes for entertaining, fastbreak hockey with plenty of scoring chances for both sides.

And so the pattern has been established: There is a goal, and then there is a furious effort to respond. Over and over. There is no such thing as momentum, no sign of either team letting a game snowball away from them.

dando
06-03-10, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately I spent much of last night dealing with tornado sirens going off due to storms in the area (it's Memorial Tournament week...gotta have storms). :irked: Plus, I couldn't record it since some idiot had a Disney special recording. :gomer: I have yet to catch one of the first 3 games all the way through. :(

-Kevin

Elmo T
06-03-10, 03:37 PM
I think this has been an amazingly effective marketing campaign.

-_7mlN_MQ1c

TKGAngel
06-03-10, 06:31 PM
Nah, you're just sweet on Scotty 'Caveman' Hartnell. :eek: :p

-Kevin

The Wookiee? Hell naw.

I think this has been an amazingly effective marketing campaign.

Agreed. And kudos to the league for not going ape and demanding that the fan parodies be removed from YouTube.

This one is awesome, too.

JSd8CqBEbcY

Elmo T
06-03-10, 09:43 PM
Agreed. And kudos to the league for not going ape and demanding that the fan parodies be removed from YouTube.

A bunch of them popping up now - that one is probably a knock-off too. I could do without the one where Lindros is getting his head knocked off again. :rolleyes:

Opposite Lock
06-03-10, 11:40 PM
A bunch of them popping up now - that one is probably a knock-off too.

I don't think the one that the future Mrs. Miller :D linked up is a knock-off, seeing as how I've seen it a couple time on tv. And it is pretty cool.:thumbup:

I'd like to see some of the better parodies, but I'm too lazy to look for 'em.

I'd be more into the campaign if there was more Blackhawks footage, but clearly hockey tv must have been invented sometime after 1961 (last time the Hawks got the Cup.) :saywhat:

[/wizard of ID]

Elmo T
06-04-10, 06:16 AM
I don't think the one that the future Mrs. Miller :D linked up is a knock-off, seeing as how I've seen it a couple time on tv. And it is pretty cool.:thumbup:

[/wizard of ID]

That one is real, I meant the one I posted.

In either case, folks aren't remaking "I am Indy". :gomer:

TKGAngel
06-04-10, 07:39 AM

I'd like to see some of the better parodies, but I'm too lazy to look for 'em.

I'd be more into the campaign if there was more Blackhawks footage, but clearly hockey tv must have been invented sometime after 1961 (last time the Hawks got the Cup.) :saywhat:

[/wizard of ID]

The "No Words" ad is an actual ad from the NHL. You're right on that front.

My two favorite parodies from the many that Puck Daddy (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Revenge-of-the-History-Will-Be-Made-NHL-parody?urn=nhl,232372) collected.

P9u81Jq20g8

DEMzM8JNW-U

Don Quixote
06-04-10, 11:08 PM
2-2 :thumbup:

dando
:p

-Kevin

Opposite Lock

-Kevin

:irked: :flame: :o

Don Quixote
06-04-10, 11:10 PM
:p

-KevinYeah, like you weren't ****ing bricks in the last 3 minutes. :D

Elmo T
06-05-10, 06:51 AM
I know the dudes in the local pizza place are happy. I was in their last night just before the game. :eek:;)

dando
06-05-10, 10:36 AM
Yeah, like you weren't ****ing bricks in the last 3 minutes. :D

x 11. :eek:

-Kevin

dando
06-09-10, 11:32 AM
:saywhat:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5264895

-Kevin

TKGAngel
06-09-10, 11:45 AM
Maybe the Trib was just suggesting Pronger for a role in a remake of the Cutting Edge? Toe pick!

Philly can just post a pic of Twenty-Cent in a cab and they'll be even.

Don Quixote
06-09-10, 11:56 AM
:saywhat:
I'll call your :saywhat: and raise it :saywhat::saywhat:.

dando
06-09-10, 12:12 PM
Maybe the Trib was just suggesting Pronger for a role in a remake of the Cutting Edge? Toe pick!

I was thinking a remake of Blades of Glory. :gomer: :saywhat: :yuck:

-Kevin

Elmo T
06-09-10, 02:31 PM
Leighton to start tonight - if you read between the lines.

"Our goaltender has the best numbers in the playoffs," Laviolette said after the Flyers' 45-minute skate yesterday afternoon. "I didn't think I had to announce it."

Laviolette followed that by saying that he doesn't "comment on lineups or goaltenders." But he did go on to give Leighton a verbal pat on the back.

(http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20100609_Laviolette_says_goaltending_choice_needs_ no_explanation.html#axzz0qNhHawfM)

I want to see Game 7 - it has been a great series, it means the Flyers would still be in it, and - if not - the Hawks win it at home.

tllips
06-09-10, 02:36 PM
I'll take a finish this evening. Thank you very much! :D I am eating my White Sox Tickets to watch the Hawks on TV. :(

I get really pizzled when news outlets get stuff wrong. Back before Memorial Day weekend, the local news reported that the Finals would start on May 29 and then continue every other day until complete. THEN... I'm watching the game on June 6 and the announcers mention 2 days off after game 5. :flame:

dando
06-09-10, 11:22 PM
Congrats, 'hawks. :(

-Kevin

dando
06-09-10, 11:23 PM
I am eating my White Sox Tickets to watch the Hawks on TV. :(

*checks standings*

Good choice. :p

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 12:22 AM
Congrats, 'hawks. :(

-KevinYep.

High Sided
06-10-10, 12:25 AM
Great last goal! congrats to the blackhawks:thumbup:

Elmo T
06-10-10, 07:42 AM
Congrats to Chicago - great series with no easy wins for either team.

TKGAngel
06-10-10, 08:04 AM
Congrats to Chicago, and to the Blackhawks fans. I'm so happy that Kane & Soupy got to raise the cup.

Fantastic season all around. Let's do this again next year

tllips
06-10-10, 09:18 AM
*checks standings*

Good choice. :p

-Kevin

No Regrets!! :D:D

Off to the parade tomorrow!

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 09:30 AM
No Regrets!! :D:D

Off to the parade tomorrow!Burn a couch for me! :D

TrueBrit
06-10-10, 09:40 AM
YYYEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

TKGAngel
06-10-10, 12:47 PM
Highest rated game (http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2010/06/10/the-press-release-confirms-it-highest-rated-nhl-game-since-1974/) (based on overnights) since 1974! :eek:

dando
06-10-10, 12:51 PM
Highest rated game (http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2010/06/10/the-press-release-confirms-it-highest-rated-nhl-game-since-1974/) (based on overnights) since 1974! :eek:

I don't get the Fort Meyers ratings. :confused: Old folks falling asleep with the TV on after a Golden Girls rerun? :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 01:26 PM
I don't get the Fort Meyers ratings. :confused: Old folks falling asleep with the TV on after a Golden Girls rerun? :gomer:

-KevinFort Myers is Illinois South!

Gangrel
06-10-10, 04:00 PM
Watching Roenick get choked up in the post game was almost as awesome as watching Kane take that shot in OT. This city has such a great history as a hockey town, and nearly pizzed it all away in the late 90's/early 2K's...hard to imagine that 5 years ago they were lucky to pull 4K spectators to a game, and now they have over 100 consecutive sellouts...

Now gotta' start working on that 2010-11 lineup... :D

SteveH
06-10-10, 05:01 PM
Watching Roenick get choked up in the post game

Best part for Roenick, he could also get choked up if the Flyers won the cup.

Gangrel
06-10-10, 05:06 PM
Best part for Roenick, he could also get choked up if the Flyers won the cup.

Bah! Roenick bleeds red and black. Don't think the Flyers winning would have had the same meaning for him... :D

Ankf00
06-10-10, 06:29 PM
dando's team loses yet another title game.

insert Nelson from Simpsons "ha ha" pic here

:D

TKGAngel
06-10-10, 06:50 PM
Now gotta' start working on that 2010-11 lineup... :D

I'll take Byfuglien off your hands for your choice of any Sabre except Miller, Gaustad, Grier, Myers and Kaleta. :) :D

dando
06-10-10, 07:29 PM
dando's team loses yet another title game.

insert Nelson from Simpsons "ha ha" pic here

:D

:mad: :p

-Kevin

Gangrel
06-11-10, 02:26 PM
I'll take Byfuglien off your hands for your choice of any Sabre except Miller, Gaustad, Grier, Myers and Kaleta. :) :D

lol I think we'll pass...

The biggest problem we have going into next year is the cap. I heard on the radio that the Hawks are already at the cap for next year with about 5 open roster spots. Hopefully they can send Huet somewhere, and use his cap space to pick up a backup goalie and a few more rookies....

It will be an interesting offseason, for sure...

dando
06-24-10, 11:06 AM
Holy cow! </harry caray>

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5320715

Draft is tomorrow night...time for the CBJs to draft another 1st round bust. :shakehead :irked:

-Kevin

Gangrel
06-24-10, 11:17 AM
And ahead of the draft, the Hawks trade Byfuglien, Sopel, and Eager...

Now gotta' cut or trade Huet and his $5.12M contract, and probably cut one more player...and they will have the cap covered for next year...

Just hope they don't cut too much deeper...

dando
06-24-10, 11:19 AM
And ahead of the draft, the Hawks trade Byfuglien, Sopel, and Eager...

That's the link I posted. :gomer: ;) Same thing the Pens went through after winning The Cup last season.

-Kevin

Gangrel
06-24-10, 11:54 AM
That's the link I posted. :gomer: ;) Same thing the Pens went through after winning The Cup last season.

-Kevin

lol I opened your link after I posted.

The real pisser is that a lot of the cap problems we have now are due to Tallon botching the restricted free agent signings last year. We can thank him for pulling this team together for us, but that doesn't change the fact that he screwed the pooch for 2010-11. All over a clerical error... :rolleyes:

dando
06-24-10, 12:20 PM
lol I opened your link after I posted.

The real pisser is that a lot of the cap problems we have now are due to Tallon botching the restricted free agent signings last year. We can thank him for pulling this team together for us, but that doesn't change the fact that he screwed the pooch for 2010-11. All over a clerical error... :rolleyes:

I'm pissed that Howson couldn't pull off something like this for the CBJ, but the 'hawks prolly weren't willing to deal w/in the same division. A tale of two teams...both were cellar dwellers the past 4-5 years...'hawks got a Cup and the CBJ has one playoff appearance and no playoff wins. :irked: :saywhat:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
06-24-10, 12:47 PM
With the Sharks signing Marleau & Pavelski today, they have $11 million left under the cap to sign 9 players. They could be dealing as well.

Spec around these parts is that Miller's shoutout to Lalime in his Vezina speech last night was his indication to team management as to who he prefers as his backup next year.

dando
07-01-10, 02:42 PM
Jody Shelley to Philly. :thumbup: On the other hand :(. I was hoping for a return to the CBJ. :cry:

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
07-01-10, 08:22 PM
Yesterday was pretty devastating news, with the Hawks trading away Versteeg (albeit for some somewhat promising guys in return).

But today's news is far more brutal:

July 1, 2010
ASSOCIATED PRESS

The Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks have made another trade, sending forward Andrew Ladd to the Atlanta Thrashers.

The deal comes a day after the Blackhawks dealt forward Kris Versteeg to the Toronto Maple Leafs in a salary cap move. Last week, Chicago sent playoff star Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Sopel and Ben Eager to Atlanta and shipped Colin Fraser to Edmonton.

For Ladd, who was a restricted free agent, the Blackhawks acquired defenseman Ivan Vishnevskiy (ee-VAHN, vihsh-NEHV-skee), the 27th overall selection in the 2006 draft and a second round pick in 2011.

So much for any thoughts of a dynasty.

:flame: :thumdown:

Opposite Lock
07-01-10, 08:31 PM
Oh ****:

Also Thursday, ESPNChicago reported that winger Adam Burish, an unrestricted free agent who had expressed a desire to remain with the Blackhawks, has signed a two-year deal the Dallas Stars.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/07/report-blackhawks-ship-ladd-to-thrashers.html

:shakehead

TKGAngel
07-01-10, 08:44 PM
I know everyone expected some dismantling of Chicago, but this seems so much worse than expected.

My Sabres lost two defensemen (bye Hank, bye Toni) but picked up one more. They still need another center, a defenseman and a backup goalie. :\

tllips
07-02-10, 09:33 AM
Yesterday was pretty devastating news, with the Hawks trading away Versteeg (albeit for some somewhat promising guys in return).

But today's news is far more brutal:

So much for any thoughts of a dynasty.

:flame: :thumdown:

I understood losing Big Buff (buy low, sell high), he will probably never be worth more than right now after the playoff run he had and we need to dump salary. Guys like Eager are easy to get and Sopel is old and slow (he was many fans whipping boy until he started blocking shots in the playoffs).

I also think that Versteeg is not a huge loss as there are many young players with similar talent and the free agent screw up from last year made the Hawks overpay for his services.

Remember that Burish was a healthy scratch in the second round. While he is a fun guy and a good agitator, he can be replaced.

Ladd is a guy that we may miss. Although, he was mostly in Chicago because he had won a cup with Carolina and knew what it takes. Now there are twelve players that know what it takes. I still think his skills will be missed and don't think he would really cost that much to keep.

We still have Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Soup, Sharp, Hossa, Hammer, and Bolland. That is still a pretty good core and is what Bowman was referring to, to keep this thing rolling. Now, we need to get some support players to fill in around these guys. Kids from Rockford that are ready to move up Beach, Bickel, etc.

I do wonder when the cuts are too deep and you do irreparable damage to the chemistry of the team.

JoeBob
07-03-10, 11:23 AM
You hand out big contracts to young players, and go over the cap, you pay the price.

Boogaard and Shelley should have some epic battles. We'll miss The Boogeyman in Minnesota, but he'll have fun on the biggest stage. But, 4 years, 6.5 million for a guy who averages 5 minutes of ice time per game, hasn't scored a goal since 2005-2006, and nearly everyone is scared to drop the gloves with? Good luck with that.

dando
07-04-10, 12:43 AM
Boogaard and Shelley should have some epic battles.

Well if past performance indicates future performance, more than likely not. They've had some good battles in the past, but the results have been clearly one sided. :(Still love Shelley, tho...lost of heart in him. :thumbup:

-Kevin

devilmaster
07-05-10, 08:43 PM
Rip probie....

dando
07-05-10, 10:20 PM
Rip probie....

Aye. 45. *checks heart* Oy. :(

-Kevin

dando
07-08-10, 02:44 PM
Real_ESPNLeBrun

Once paperwork is finalized either today or tomorrow, Zherdev will sign a one-year deal with the Flyers

:saywhat: :shakehead :irked: :thumdown:

-Kevin

devilmaster
07-09-10, 02:10 AM
hockey world decends on windsor tomorrow, as they hold probert's funeral in one of the largest churches in town... the windsor christian fellowship. i have to be out that way tomorrow, but am not enjoying the thought.... :\

dando
08-03-10, 10:13 AM
Gotta love the NHL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5430163

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Blackhawks have signed veteran goaltender Marty Turco to a one-year deal while parting ways with Stanley Cup-winning goalie Antti Niemi.

Niemi was awarded a $2.75 million judgment from an arbitrator on Saturday, and the Blackhawks had 48 hours to accept the judgment, trade him or let him become an unrestricted free agent. He now is an unrestricted free agent.

:shakehead

-Kevin

Don Quixote
08-03-10, 10:15 AM
How could they let him go???? :shakehead

dando
08-03-10, 10:18 AM
How could they let him go???? :shakehead

Because Turdco is just that good. Just ask any Sabres fan. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
08-03-10, 10:41 AM
Because Turdco is just that good. Just ask any Sabres fan. :gomer:

-Kevin

Wrong day to poke the crazy, my friend. :)

I'm still trying to figure out why the Sabres waived Timmy Kennedy yesterday, less than a week after his arbitration hearing. Spite? Bigger plans? General cheapness? I got nothing and can't wait to see GM Darcy Regier tap dance his way out of this one. It's an incredibly bad PR move to dump the hometown kid out of the blue like this. Sympathy is definitely on Lil Timmy's side today.

And for those of you playing along at home, the Hawks have dumped eight players from their Cup squad and are still in cap trouble.

dando
08-03-10, 11:02 AM
Wrong day to poke the crazy, my friend. :)

I still want to get a Hull Slugs sweater for when your boys come to town next. :p

The cap is definitely wreaking havoc across the league (Pens, now 'hawks).

-Kevin