PDA

View Full Version : Road annoyances

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

stroker
02-23-17, 12:24 AM
The new thing out here is driving 35-45mph on the freeway with your hazard lights on.

At first you think they're having car trouble, but they never pull over and pass right by exits.
It's insane.

Saw that here on Monday. Definitely a WTF moment...

nrc
05-22-17, 10:15 PM
Look, I'm a firm believer in left lane discipline. But when I'm in the left hand lane quickly overtaking traffic I'm not going to jump over into a two car length gap in traffic that requires me to brake while you overtake me. Heck, if you close on me faster than I'm overtaking traffic I'll even move into a spot that requires me to coast down while you go by. But when you creep up at 1mph differential, don't act all put out that I don't veer into the center lane and create chain reaction crash just to get out of your way.

chop456
05-23-17, 01:27 AM
^ Sorry about that. :gomer:

I parked next to another moron tonight that thinks it's somehow beneficial to back in to a diagonal parking spot in the middle of the row.

WickerBill
07-21-17, 01:24 PM
I've noticed something very interesting on Indianapolis roads recently.

This is not a statistically valid sample size or experiment, but:

People driving cars with Indiana University license plates (you know the specialized "fan" plates the BMV sells to make money) are astonishingly less likely to use turn signals. I challenge you Indy people - if you see an "IU" license plate, watch carefully: there's about a 50% chance they won't signal. It's amazing. If it's an "IU" plate on a BMW, that number soars to like 80% - but that's probably just because they're all lawyers.

TRDfan
07-21-17, 03:50 PM

I parked next to another moron tonight that thinks it's somehow beneficial to back in to a diagonal parking spot in the middle of the row.

There is a group in our city advocating for reverse angle parking.

nrc
07-22-17, 03:32 PM

I suppose the logic is that it's safer pulling out into traffic than backing into traffic. No way I would park along there. You can't trust people to pull in safely, backing in is going to be a **** show.

indyfan31
07-24-17, 10:09 AM

Was it a truck?

cameraman
07-25-17, 11:24 AM

We have quite a bit of that parking around here. It isn't an issue except when idiots pull up close directly in back of you and block the parking spot you're trying to back into. It is actually far quicker and easier to park that way than it is to parallel park. You have mirrors, just learn to use them. Of course in this town you have the exact same problem of people pulling up directly behind you when trying to parallel park too.

nrc
10-29-17, 03:13 AM
Have idiots suddenly discovered VWs? It seems like lately that's the brand I'm most likely to encounter being driven by a moron. Ok, maybe not quite as likely as Hyundai but it's number two with a bullet.

No offense VW owners, this seems like a new thing.