View Full Version : The Canuckolympic thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Gnam
02-19-10, 04:05 AM
To: Russia

Re: pucks

How you like me now?

mRARiCOGMvQ

Funny how rooting against Russia makes everything more fun. ;)

Gnam
02-19-10, 04:07 AM
American women snowboard the same way they drive: even when they don't crash, they're still second best. :thumbup:

:fixed: :p

Ankf00
02-19-10, 05:30 AM
You didn't miss much. NBC only showed around 5 runs out of the entire field. :shakehead

oc

this.

f'ing douchebags :mad:

TKGAngel
02-19-10, 08:46 AM
I agree that Canada vs Switzerland was great on CNBC. I was surprised at the overall talent level of the Swiss and was it just me or did Brodeur look below average.

That game was bananas. Hiller played out of his mind. Marty didn't look to be up to his usual Marty-level of playing. But he apparently is going to get the call on Sunday against the USA. Miller and Brodeur usually bring it when they play against each other, so it's bound to be a good game.

And you would think that with the widespread acceptance and use of HDTV, that the figure skaters would learn that setting the makeup gun to whore isn't necessarily needed anymore.

emjaya
02-19-10, 09:04 AM
Hey cannuks, you can have Begg-Smith back, we're claiming Christine Nesbitt.

Don Quixote
02-19-10, 09:55 AM
And you would think that with the widespread acceptance and use of HDTV, that the figure skaters would learn that setting the makeup gun to whore isn't necessarily needed anymore. And that goes for the women as well! :laugh:

extramundane
02-19-10, 10:05 AM
You didn't miss much. NBC only showed around 5 runs out of the entire field. :shakehead

oc

That you west coasters have to wait 538 hours for the tape delay is even more confounding.

Oh, wait. Dick Ebersol. Nevermind.

KLang
02-19-10, 10:14 AM
There has been no shortage of Snowboard coverage during the hours I've been watching. (8-10 PM CST) I don't mind some Snowboarding but some other stuff would be nice. Of course next week it will be all womens figure skating.

dando
02-19-10, 10:52 AM

oc

I think they covered it more during the afternoon coverage. Unfortunately I'd need PIPIPIP to watch everything I want to see, or a 48 hour day. :(

-Kevin

dando
02-19-10, 10:58 AM
100K condoms on the wall...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35439222/ns/today-today_in_vancouver

The U.S. Curling Association has its own official condom: “Hurry Hard,” named for a phrase curlers cry to encourage faster ice-sweeping. Vancouver organizers have stocked the Olympic Village with 100,000 condoms — 14 for every resident.

:gomer: :eek:

-Kevin

opinionated ow
02-19-10, 11:10 AM
100K condoms on the wall...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35439222/ns/today-today_in_vancouver

:gomer: :eek:

-Kevin

Some athletes maintain a bonk the night before is the secret of success. Dare any of you to try saying that to your parents with a straight face.

dando
02-19-10, 11:12 AM
Some athletes maintain a bonk the night before is the secret of success. Dare any of you to try saying that to your parents with a straight face.

The the USA curling teams better start getting it on. :irked: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Indy
02-19-10, 01:01 PM
they should just stick with poofters on skates instead...

us American wimmins are so fickle and flighty and want to see the ice dancing

So true. My wife and I watch in shifts. She watches anything with poofters on skates, and I watch anything that smells like racing. :laugh:

dando
02-19-10, 02:14 PM
I have to admit that I watched the 'mens' skating last night. Pretty compelling in the end...Weir got screwed biggie time. :thumdown: And yes, I took a shower afterwards. :gomer: ;) The only other choice was the Russkies and Chinese womins hockey @ the time. Not very compelling. :(

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-19-10, 04:30 PM
super-g gold medal winner absolutely killed it

Indy
02-20-10, 01:54 AM
super-g gold medal winner absolutely killed it

Yeah, that was sweet. Bode with another medal, too. :gomer:

Watching the womens curling now, Canada-Denmark. :thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
02-20-10, 02:11 AM
Chris Collinsworth. Why?

TRANSAM
02-20-10, 11:45 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/19/scotty-lago-olympics-vancouver-photo/

dando
02-20-10, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that was sweet. Bode with another medal, too. :gomer:

Silver is the new gold. :gomer: It's good to see him doing decently this time around...especially w/o Nike over exposing him this time around. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
02-20-10, 11:52 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/19/scotty-lago-olympics-vancouver-photo/

http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/snowboarding/news/story?id=4929283

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- American halfpipe bronze medalist Scotty Lago volunteered to leave the Olympics on Friday after risque pictures of him showed up on the Internet.

Lago, who was awarded his bronze medal Thursday night, was at a party, wearing a Team USA T-shirt when somebody snapped a photo of a woman kneeling below Lago's waist to kiss his medal. That picture, and another showing him sticking the medal in the woman's mouth while teammate Greg Bretz looks on, appeared Friday on the TMZ Web site
Lago apologized to officials at the U.S. Olympic Committee and the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association and decided to go home.

-Kevin

Elmo T
02-20-10, 04:12 PM
wearing a Team USA T-shirt when somebody snapped a photo of a woman kneeling below Lago's waist to kiss his medal. That picture, and another showing him sticking the medal in the woman's mouth while teammate Greg Bretz looks on, appeared Friday on the TMZ Web site

Should we apply the same standard to the Stanley Cup? ;):rolleyes:

dando
02-20-10, 04:18 PM
Should we apply the same standard to the Stanley Cup? ;):rolleyes:

Dude, what happens with The Cup stays with The Cup. :)

In other news, heckuva match b/w the US and Swedes in boys curling. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
02-20-10, 04:44 PM
Booting Lago for that is just stupid.

Ski Jump.........Swiss dude has six meters on other ski fliers :eek:

Indy
02-20-10, 04:48 PM
Booting Lago for that is just stupid.

Agreed. Who cared about that? The 90 year old, corrupt, Olympic committee?

Screw them, snowboard dudes. This is the time of your lives. Enjoy it!

Methanolandbrats
02-20-10, 04:56 PM
Agreed. Who cared about that? The 90 year old, corrupt, Olympic committee?

Screw them, snowboard dudes. This is the time of your lives. Enjoy it!

Ya, all those scumbags who run the olympics were probably balls deep in $1000 dollar hookers that night.

Don Quixote
02-20-10, 04:58 PM
Ya, all those scumbags who run the olympics were probably balls deep in $1000 dollar hookers that night.Canuck $ or USA $ ? :D

Methanolandbrats
02-20-10, 05:37 PM
Canuck $ or USA $ ? :D

Tight stuff would cost about the same in either currency now.

dando
02-20-10, 05:38 PM
Tight stuff would cost about the same in either currency now.

Speaking from experience? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
02-20-10, 05:56 PM
Chris Collinsworth. Why?

:laugh:

No doubt. That guy can out-smarmy Jeremy Roenick ffs, and that's not an easy thing to do.

TRANSAM
02-20-10, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4cG1j0qHww

Opposite Lock
02-20-10, 06:37 PM
Whoa - that Switzerland v. Norway hockey was allsum!

Hat trick for the guy with the most uber-Norweeger name, Tore Vikingstad.

Amazing puck handling from Switzer Raffaele Sannitz.

All in all, some highly entertaining puck this afternoon. :thumbup:

TKGAngel
02-20-10, 06:37 PM
:laugh:

No doubt. That guy can out-smarmy Jeremy Roenick ffs, and that's not an easy thing to do.

Speaking of Roenick, can he and Milbury can get through the remainder of this tournament without slapping each other?

oddlycalm
02-20-10, 07:00 PM
Oh, wait. Dick Ebersol. Nevermind.
Truth. :shakehead

oc

EDwardo
02-20-10, 09:25 PM
medal count page.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-medals/

Indy
02-20-10, 09:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4cG1j0qHww

QJ882QYzr-M

dando
02-20-10, 11:28 PM
Whoa - that Switzerland v. Norway hockey was allsum!

Hat trick for the guy with the most uber-Norweeger name, Tore Vikingstad.

Amazing puck handling from Switzer Raffaele Sannitz.

All in all, some highly entertaining puck this afternoon. :thumbup:

+ the USA boys and girls going into extras against SWE and GBR and coming away with Ws was nice as well. :thumbup: USA 21 medals total in '06...21 the first week in '10. :thumbup: :cool:

-Kevin

opinionated ow
02-21-10, 02:27 AM
Am I the only one falling in love with Carla Ziljstra's accent?

TKGAngel
02-21-10, 01:15 PM
I love that Canada/Britain stopped their curling match because the crowd broke out in a sing-a-long of Oh Canada.

It's going to be a great day for pucks. US-Canada, Finland-Sweden, Russia-Czech Republic are all on the slate for the men's side.

And Josh Sacco, the four-year-old whose impersonation of Herb Brooks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CdJTfGiRCI) has garnered over 2 million impressions on YouTube, performed for the US Hockey Team last night. "Screw 'em" :) :rofl:

oddlycalm
02-21-10, 04:39 PM
medal count page.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-medals/

For a little retrospective here's a look at the days before we fielded a team of professional athletes for the winter games. :D The US was 8th with 6 total medals behind the Soviet Union, Austria, Norway, Finland, France, German and Sweden in that order. The only gold was in speed skating. All the athletes were either students or had day jobs as letter carriers, teachers, etc.

Innsbruck 1964 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Winter_Olympics_medal_table)

oc

oddlycalm
02-21-10, 04:46 PM
I love that Canada/Britain stopped their curling match because the crowd broke out in a sing-a-long of Oh Canada.
Bizarre. Curling is normally a silent sport like golf or tennis but the crowds have been rowdy and noisy all week. I'm guessing sales at the beer garden just outside the rink have been brisk as well...:gomer:

oc

dando
02-21-10, 05:09 PM
For a little retrospective here's a look at the days before we fielded a team of professional athletes for the winter games. :D The US was 8th with 6 total medals behind the Soviet Union, Austria, Norway, Finland, France, German and Sweden in that order. The only gold was in speed skating. All the athletes were either students or had day jobs as letter carriers, teachers, etc.

oc

That was prolly back when you used to walk to school uphill both ways. :gomer: :p ;) Back then even the pro athletes in the NFL, MLB, etc. used to have off season jobs as well instead of being the pampered asshats they are today. :saywhat:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
02-21-10, 05:27 PM
Bizarre. Curling is normally a silent sport like golf or tennis but the crowds have been rowdy and noisy all week. I'm guessing sales at the beer garden just outside the rink have been brisk as well...:gomer:

oc

I've also heard rumors of hired "fans" that have been sent to each of the venues to help encourage crowd participation.

dando
02-21-10, 05:51 PM
I've also heard rumors of hired "fans" that have been sent to each of the venues to help encourage crowd participation.

I saw one last night during the Canuck/Brits chicks curling match....his name was Wayne. :) Are the hired fans wearing red hats by chance? :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

dando
02-21-10, 06:09 PM
Ank's man love finally pays off. :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/alpineskiing/news/story?id=4933527

WHISTLER, British Columbia -- American Bode Miller finally fulfilled his expectations and won an Olympic gold medal Sunday, using a blistering slalom run for victory in the super-combined.

After placing seventh in the downhill run, Miller skied the third-fastest slalom leg for a two-run combined time of 2 minutes, 44.92 seconds Sunday.

-Kevin

Gnam
02-21-10, 06:47 PM
Despite the complaints, seems like everyone has the Olympic fever: :D:thumbup:

http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/2139

EDwardo
02-21-10, 07:49 PM
Despite the complaints, seems like everyone has the Olympic fever: :D:thumbup:

http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/2139

All the Olympic events would be better with guns...

Now that is funny! :rofl:

dando
02-21-10, 08:47 PM
Suck it Marty B. :gomer: :thumbup:

EDIT: this sucker is going to be EPIC.

-Kevin

dando
02-21-10, 10:06 PM
Wow! :eek: What a ****ing game. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-21-10, 10:37 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
02-21-10, 10:42 PM

oc

Yes, but that was when all of the Soviet atheletes "worked at the tractor factory.";)

(Huge self edit about my earlier smartass comment about figure skating in those days - I didn't realize that the entire US figure skating team was taken out in a plane crash not long before the 62 Olympics...)

dando
02-21-10, 10:43 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

There ain't enough thumbs for this shizzle. Almost better than watching Foote's house rot. :gomer: How's that ice dancing, NBC? :laugh: :saywhat: Idiots. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-21-10, 10:55 PM
One thumb for each goal!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

And another for Miller!
:thumbup:

dando
02-21-10, 10:56 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! EPIC FREAKING GAME!!!1!!!!!!!11!!!

I wanted to post this earlier, but didn't want to jinx the team....this team reminds me of the '80 team in so many ways. And there's a Callahan and Johnson on the team to boot. :thumbup: Oh, and....Ryan. Miller. :cool:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
02-21-10, 10:57 PM
I've resisted this until now, but DO YOU BELIEVE IN MILLERCLES? YES! :D :thumbup:

That was an AMAZING game. :thumbup:

dando
02-21-10, 11:02 PM
I've resisted this until now, but DO YOU BELIEVE IN MILLERCLES? YES! :D :thumbup:

That was an AMAZING game. :thumbup:

Out shot 45-22. :eek: Ryno. :thumbup:

Good to see NBC broke away from the bobsled for the end of the game. Dumbasses. :(

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-21-10, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I'm sure glad that we didn't get to watch the game in HD. We complain about broadcasting sports for just about everything, but seriously, NBC is beyond dreadful.

dando
02-21-10, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I'm sure glad that we didn't get to watch the game in HD. We complain about broadcasting sports for just about everything, but seriously, NBC is beyond dreadful.

We've had MSNBC on HD for awhile now, but it's been pathetic with dropouts, stuttering, etc. the past week. :saywhat: :shakehead Reminds me of my days with DirecTV. :irked:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
02-21-10, 11:13 PM

No MSNBC in HD?

Jim Craig reported that he was sitting with the Miller fam tonight. :thumbup:

dando
02-21-10, 11:15 PM
No MSNBC in HD?

I saw tweets and FB posts from a bunch of peeps about not getting it in HD...including Peter King (gasp!) using DirecTV.

-Kevin

nrc
02-21-10, 11:17 PM
I saw tweets and FB posts from a bunch of peeps about not getting it in HD...including Peter King (gasp!) using DirecTV.

-Kevin

Wait. You're following Peter King?

dando
02-21-10, 11:22 PM
Wait. You're following Peter King?

On WB's recommendation. ;)

Of course I flipped back to NBC just a second ago and they have ice dancing in cowboy outfits. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-21-10, 11:22 PM
We just got electricity about 5 years ago, so no MSNBC in HD.

dando
02-21-10, 11:23 PM

Just as long as you have the BTN. ;)

-Kevin

TKGAngel
02-21-10, 11:27 PM

Point taken. We didn't get that newfangled HD until TWC cleaned up the Adelphia mess.

Of course I flipped back to NBC just a second ago and they have ice dancing in cowboy outfits. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

To a bad version of Thank God I'm A Country Boy. :yuck:

Ankf00
02-21-10, 11:30 PM
Ank's man love finally pays off. :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/alpineskiing/news/story?id=4933527

-Kevin

#2 all time olympic alpine medalist mfr's.

BODE BODE BODE

Ankf00
02-21-10, 11:34 PM
haha, hockey!!!!

the 8 hour drive back from Tahoe after bouncing off a snowbank is suddenly worth it!!!!

TrueBrit
02-22-10, 12:07 AM
That was a fantastic game...:thumbup:

N(othing) B(ut) C(rap) was their usual awful self...I want to slap that self-satisfied smirk off Costa's face everytime I see it...and really..studio interviews of athletes rather than showing live sports is more compelling?

The only thing they haven't fouled up (too much) is the mid-day coverage of the biathlons/cross-country during the week...

Their bobsleigh/skeleton/ski-jumping coverage has been horrendous...

nrc
02-22-10, 12:40 AM
N(othing) B(ut) C(rap) was their usual awful self...I want to slap that self-satisfied smirk off Costa's face everytime I see it.

Bob Costas is a carbon based sex machine (smooth chested, no doubt).

Ankf00
02-22-10, 12:52 AM
i hope border patrol doesnt allow mary carillo back into the country

Don Quixote
02-22-10, 01:11 AM
Rumor has it that Carillo will be the voice of the Longhorns next year.

TKGAngel
02-22-10, 01:21 PM
I wonder how Canuckistan is going to field a team against Germany considering Marty B threw all of them under the bus in the postgame.

I also feel for the Canadian figure skater whose mother passed away after arriving in Vancouver to watch her daughter compete.

dando
02-22-10, 01:43 PM
I wonder how Canuckistan is going to field a team against Germany considering Marty B threw all of them under the bus in the postgame.

I haven't read the comments, but Marty B has no one to blame but himself. He played like the old version of Hextall last night...especially when he took the swing in the air to clear the puck and it ended up in the back of the net when he failed to clear it. :laugh: Perhaps the puck he took to the head is to blame. :gomer:

I also feel for the Canadian figure skater whose mother passed away after arriving in Vancouver to watch her daughter compete.

No doubt. That's just sad. :(

-Kevin

SurfaceUnits
02-22-10, 05:01 PM
Are the hired fans wearing red hats by chance? :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Marlboro is giving away Olympics tickets?:eek:

dando
02-22-10, 05:15 PM
Marlboro is giving away Olympics tickets?:eek:

Highly unlikely...just a bunch of red hats in the stands presumably being worn by Canuck fans. :D

-Kevin

oddlycalm
02-22-10, 05:16 PM
N(othing) B(ut) C(rap) was their usual awful self...
At least for curling they outsourced the commentary to CTV. The Canadian announcers are relaxed and have no problem with not speaking when there is nothing to say. There are 15-20 second pauses instead of NBC's wall to wall hyperventilation and blather. :thumbup:

oc

dando
02-22-10, 05:40 PM
At least for curling they outsourced the commentary to CTV. The Canadian announcers are relaxed and have no problem with not speaking when there is nothing to say. There are 15-20 second pauses instead of NBC's wall to wall hyperventilation and blather. :thumbup:

oc

Relaxed? Watching a match with Don Duguid calling it is like taking a Xanax. :eek: :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-22-10, 05:51 PM
Relaxed? Watching a match with Don Duguid calling it is like taking a Xanax. :eek: :D

-Kevin

Bode.

Indy
02-22-10, 05:54 PM
I had not realized it before, but the only part of the coverage I have enjoyed has been the curling!

There's something soothing aboot Canuckdian voices. :gomer:

Michaelhatesfans
02-22-10, 06:13 PM

Beauty.

http://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/strange-brew.jpg

SurfaceUnits
02-22-10, 06:20 PM
Wow! :eek: What a ****ing game. :thumbup:

-Kevin

that game calls for a bowl of 'Murican poutine

http://col.stb.s-msn.com/i/1E/F2F3629D5055128EF02BAD1315778F.jpg chili cheese fries

Ankf00
02-22-10, 06:38 PM
that game calls for a bowl of 'Murican poutine

http://col.stb.s-msn.com/i/1E/F2F3629D5055128EF02BAD1315778F.jpg chili cheese fries
I'll have 2 pls.

Gnam
02-22-10, 06:42 PM
I had not realized it before, but the only part of the coverage I have enjoyed has been the curling!

The hockey call has been good too. The play by play guy apologized for yelling into the mic when the Canucks were pelting Miller with shots.

My viewing has been pretty much contained to the cable channels. NBC's network station has more variety, but the content is thin.

Wayne Gretzky even sat in with the curling announcers for one end of the men's USA/Canada game last week. :thumbup:

TKGAngel
02-22-10, 07:08 PM
Last night's hockey game pulled an 8.22 rating according to HuffPo. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/22/usa-hockeys-win-over-cana_n_472266.html) To put that in perspective, MSNBC's election night 2008 coverage pulled a 8.23 rating.

dando
02-22-10, 07:29 PM
Last night's hockey game pulled an 8.22 rating according to HuffPo. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/22/usa-hockeys-win-over-cana_n_472266.html) To put that in perspective, MSNBC's election night 2008 coverage pulled a 8.23 rating.

Imagine what it would have pulled if it was on a network people actually watch. Well, OK it is NBC, but still... :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
02-22-10, 07:32 PM
The hockey call has been good too. The play by play guy apologized for yelling into the mic when the Canucks were pelting Miller with shots.

Mike 'Doc' Emrick :thumbup:

Wayne Gretzky even sat in with the curling announcers for one end of the men's USA/Canada game last week. :thumbup:

That's why I replied to TKG's post that one of the paid fans was named Wayne. :)

-Kevin

dando
02-22-10, 07:34 PM
Bode.

I gave him his cred. Why be a dick? :confused: It still doesn't take away from the fact that he was an overexposed, under achieving dillweed in '06. :shakehead

-Kevin

oddlycalm
02-22-10, 07:56 PM
Now there was a truly Canadian moment. :cool: Towards the end of that, after Gretzky does a bit of a monologue, they're like "all right then, thanks for stopping by." Refreshing, no bombast, hype, bloviation, canned storyline...

oc

Ankf00
02-22-10, 09:06 PM
I gave him his cred. Why be a dick? :confused: It still doesn't take away from the fact that he was an overexposed, under achieving dillweed in '06. :shakehead

-Kevin

Bode Bode Bode Bode Bode

:D

Ankf00
02-22-10, 10:29 PM
the key to how Bode turned it around after leaving the US Ski Team and his new training regimen

4gSwL-qhLZw

JT265
02-22-10, 10:46 PM
Bode Bode Bode Bode Bode

Bode. Is that short for Bodacious Ank? :laugh:

Ankf00
02-22-10, 11:03 PM
BODE

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/02/21/sports/olympics/21cnd-ski3/21cnd-ski3-popup.jpg

32 WC wins, 5 Oly medals (1 Gold), #2 all-time men's alpine olympian tied w/ famed playboy & womanizer Alberto Tomba, 5 World Championship medals (FOUR Gold), 2 FIS World Cup overall titles, 6 FIS World Cup discipline titles in Downhill, Super-G, Super Combi, Giant Slalom, 5th skier to win an FIS WC event in all 5 disciplines, 5th skier ever as olympic medalist in 4 different disciplines (2nd male ever). Greatest. American. Skier. EVAR.

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-HQ124_bodemi_G_20100221180949.jpg

Bode Bode Bode Bode Bode

(and US Ski swept the top 3 spots in combined-slalom, more medals coming our way. BEST IN THE WORLD!)

Ankf00
02-22-10, 11:31 PM
Aksel Lund Svindal likes to party too

icQpn3YrAhI

Don Quixote
02-23-10, 12:21 AM
Bode makes me want to get drunk and rewatch "Downhill Racer". :cool:

opinionated ow
02-23-10, 04:26 AM
Bode Miller makes me sick. SOOOOOOOOO full of himself.

dando
02-23-10, 10:50 AM

He seems more humble and contrite this go round compared to Torino...as well he should after that fiasco.

-Kevin

dando
02-23-10, 10:54 AM

I was actually thinking that Will Ferrell should play Bode in his next movie....kinda like Blades of Glory redux. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

TrueBrit
02-23-10, 10:55 AM
He seems more humble and contrite this go round compared to Torino...as well he should after that fiasco.

-Kevin

I agree. Fatherhood can sometimes do that to you...

dando
02-23-10, 03:25 PM
As much as things seem to change, they really don't.... :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/alpineskiing/news/story?id=4938892

WHISTLER, British Columbia -- Carlo Janka of Switzerland led the first run of the Olympic giant slalom race Tuesday, while Bode Miller skied out in his pursuit of a record fourth Alpine medal.

Janka, the world champion in GS, was timed in 1 minute, 17.27 seconds with a second run to follow in the afternoon.

Miller almost crashed in the top half of the course and then couldn't correct his line coming out of a right-hand gate in the second half.

:p

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-23-10, 04:25 PM

:laugh: which is why he gets on so well with everyone on the world cup tour, because he's such a blowhard

if he had that union jack hybrid of AUS on his GS outfit you'd be posting on about what a great humanitarian and saintly figure he is :gomer:

Ankf00
02-23-10, 04:26 PM