PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010 Offseason

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Don Quixote
04-24-10, 09:32 AM
And don't forget Rick Mirer, I don't know how the Browns ever passed on him.

Don Quixote
04-24-10, 01:21 PM
Now that the Brown's new QB is Colt McCoy, you know what that means, Ank? It means that I'm gonna bunk with you, buddy! We're gonna be buddies! We're gonna be pals! We're gonna wrassle around! Ol' Don Quixote's gonna be your shadow! Here's Don, here's you! There's Don, there's you! Me and my buddy! My pal! My amigo! I'm gonna go get my gear! :D

nrc
04-24-10, 01:28 PM
Now that the Brown's new QB is Colt McCoy, you know what that means, Ank? It means that I'm gonna bunk with you, buddy! We're gonna be buddies! We're gonna be pals! We're gonna wrassle around! Ol' Don Quixote's gonna be your shadow! Here's Don, here's you! There's Don, there's you! Me and my buddy! My pal! My amigo! I'm gonna go get my gear! :D

2be6jGwLoJ0

Ankf00
04-24-10, 01:40 PM

yay! :D

LET'S GO PUKES!!! i mean, er, um, BROWNS!!!!!

Ankf00
04-24-10, 01:42 PM
ship + quan at CIN. baller.

dando
04-24-10, 01:44 PM
Holmgren said earlier tonight that he was going to "try" for a QB. It's easy to try when one falls in your lap.

CJ Spiller was at the Sabres game tonight. Poor thing looked dazed and confused and in need of a good nap after his whirlwind 24 hours.

Peter King's tweet that Buffalo is acting like they think they have a QB was priceless this AM. :rofl:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
04-24-10, 02:02 PM
Peter King's tweet that Buffalo is acting like they think they have a QB was priceless this AM. :rofl:

-Kevin

I got nothing there. I wonder if Nix is going to think he can create FrankenQB by combining Edwards, Fitzpatrick & Brohm.

nrc
04-24-10, 03:08 PM
ship + quan at CIN. baller.

Cosby was a good college free agent pickup for the Bengals. I love how decisive he is returning kicks and he's shown a lot of smarts and competitiveness. But he probably needs to hope that Matt Jones doesn't work out and that the Bengals will finally cut bait on Jerome Simpson if he's going to make the team this year.

Edit: And the job just got tougher as the Bengals add another project WR: Dezmon Briscoe

Still no safety, which is bothersome. They really need to add depth there. The fact that they've passed on the need in every round suggests to me that they've got their eye on someone projected as a free agent to fill that role.

dando
04-24-10, 03:48 PM
Still no safety, which is bothersome. They really need to add depth there. The fact that they've passed on the need in every round suggests to me that they've got their eye on someone projected as a free agent to fill that role.

Coleman, Kurt.

Simpson is done, IMO.

-Kevin

racermike
04-24-10, 07:36 PM
yay! :D

LET'S GO PUKES!!! i mean, er, um, BROWNS!!!!!

How about some love for the Seahawks for taking Earl Thomas?

dando
04-25-10, 10:52 AM
How about some love for the Seahawks for taking Earl Thomas?

I saw a nice highlight of him getting burned by the Bengals new TE Gresham. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-25-10, 06:11 PM
please

earl was a freshman in a defensive backfield of freshman vs. #1 OU and wrecked shop.

RS So > Taylor Mays, now Taylor Mays is crying int he press about carroll not drafting him over ET :laugh:

dando
04-26-10, 09:36 AM
please

earl was a freshman in a defensive backfield of freshman vs. #1 OU and wrecked shop.

Hey, all I know is I saw a guy with Thomas on his back and a jock strap around his ankles while Gresh was running free for a TD. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
04-26-10, 11:49 PM
Hey, all I know is I saw a guy with Thomas on his back and a jock strap around his ankles while Gresh was running free for a TD. :gomer:

-Kevin

I think you're watching a different sport than I am. :saywhat:

WickerBill
04-27-10, 06:22 AM
dando, when was the first OSU player taken this year? Fourth round?

When was the first "THE Ohio University" player taken? Third round??

Might be time for your Buckeye sarcasm to be pointed at the mighty Bobcats...

Don Quixote
04-27-10, 08:30 AM

Doesn't that mean that that they didn't lose too many players to the NFL this year? Look out world!!!!!!!

dando
04-27-10, 09:30 AM

When was the first "THE Ohio University" player taken? Third round??

Might be time for your Buckeye sarcasm to be pointed at the mighty Bobcats...

Which is precisely why the Bucks are getting pre-season love as a #2 overall pick, which of course means about as much as the PU pre-pre-season hoops pick in the top 5. :p OU gets a player picked once a decade. Woohoo! :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
04-27-10, 09:33 AM
I think you're watching a different sport than I am. :saywhat:

Don't get me wrong, Thomas is good. I was hoping he might slip to #21, but TE is a more glaring need for the Who Deys. I just had to laugh @ that highlight.

-Kevin

nrc
04-27-10, 09:53 AM
Don't get me wrong, Thomas is good. I was hoping he might slip to #21, but TE is a more glaring need for the Who Deys. I just had to laugh @ that highlight.

-Kevin

I think Gresham was a great pick. I'm just sayin' it sounds you're watching a different kind of film.

dando
04-27-10, 11:38 AM
I'm just sayin' it sounds you're watching a different kind of film.

Nope. I think it was a different view of a clip in your highlight link where ET jumped a route and Gresh ran free.

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-27-10, 04:53 PM
Nope. I think it was a different view of a clip in your highlight link where ET jumped a route and Gresh ran free.

-Kevin

ET jumped the short slant w/ the slot man and still chased down gresham before the end zone.

not exactly a "ran right past him" :gomer:

dando
04-28-10, 09:59 PM
ET jumped the short slant w/ the slot man and still chased down gresham before the end zone.

not exactly a "ran right past him" :gomer:

Meh. ET did a fine job of running down Gresh while wearing a skirt. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-28-10, 11:37 PM
scoreboard on gresh. scoreboard on you.

I believe a fetching of a certain box de la "shine" might be in order.

racermike
04-30-10, 03:59 AM
http://imgur.com/GwMRY.jpg

dando
04-30-10, 11:56 AM
^^^

Can we get that on a T-shirt for WB? :gomer: :D

-Kevin

dando
04-30-10, 11:58 AM
Meanwhile the Purple & White Jeebus saga continues:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5150940

Favre, who would turn 41 during the 2010 season, told ESPN the ankle injury that he suffered three months ago in the NFC Championship Game against the New Orleans Saints continues to be swollen and painful.

That prompted tests to determine why healing had not occurred and Favre sent the results of those scans to orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who told the quarterback his opinion that surgery is unavoidable.

"We have spoken,'' Favre said in an e-mail. "To play again, I would need the surgery, as I suspected. This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 -- much like Green Bay for many years. That's what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a sense of belonging.''

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-30-10, 12:08 PM
Will the entire team be wearing those uniforms, or just Tebow?

Don Quixote
04-30-10, 12:09 PM
Meanwhile the Purple & White Jeebus saga continues:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5150940

-Kevin
Hey Favre. Just. Shut. Up.

dando
04-30-10, 12:35 PM
Will the entire team be wearing those uniforms, or just Tebow?

An improvement over the current gaudy unis, IMO. :saywhat: :yuck:

-Kevin

WickerBill
04-30-10, 01:15 PM
Broncos' unis do suck. The problem is they won two championships the first two years they wore them. Now Bowlen is superstitious (and losing his mind (http://www.kdvr.com/sports/kdvr-bowlen-memory-loss-090209,0,2959532.story), but that's a different story).

I'd love to see them go to some of the Broncos uniforms suggested on Uni Watch:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4026/4347971590_ddfbb5ba11_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4347223181_1ce182b586_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2735/4347229495_50fd532429_o.jpg

chop456
04-30-10, 01:58 PM
Hey Favre. Just. Shut. Up.

I bet you'd trade Favruh for your guy that's not even as good as Bubby Brister. :D

WickerBill
04-30-10, 02:01 PM
Pay attention, chop -- DQ hates the Broncos even though he's in Denver. I'm the only idiot Bronco fan here...

Ankf00
04-30-10, 02:32 PM
why did colt have to end up in cleveburg? he's going to die an ignominious death much like phil dawson & eric metcalf.

:cry:

Don Quixote
04-30-10, 03:19 PM
Browns + Colt = Promised Land :D

Don Quixote
04-30-10, 03:30 PM
WB: Are those paper dolls? :gomer:

nrc
04-30-10, 04:28 PM
Sorry WB, your boys abandoned the orange in favor of the oh-so-popular goth look. Now I want the Bengals to adopt their orange alternates full time and the Broncos and the rest of the league can go play "look how black my outfit is" together.

This just in: Cardinals new black alternate uniforms. :rolleyes:

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID27186/images/Wilson1.jpg

WickerBill
04-30-10, 07:47 PM
The Broncos orange alternates just look so much more like Denver Broncos to me than the navy blue ever will.

Orange unis in the NFL:

#1 - Broncos alternates -- if you can get past the "swoosh" on the leg
#2 - Bengals alts -- way better than their blacks, but fix the side stripe already!
#3 - Bears alts -- awful
#4 - Dolphins alts -- worse than awful, have been known to cause plasma burn-in, pixel loss, and bleeding retinas

(do the Brownies have an orange alt anymore?)

/not counting Creamsicle

Bring back the orange, lose the swoosh! I can even live with the horrible logo on the helmet, just gimme my orange!

chop456
05-01-10, 08:35 AM
Pay attention, chop -- DQ hates the Broncos even though he's in Denver. I'm the only idiot Bronco fan here...

I remembered something about that just after I posted. Oh well, better than being the only Chiefs fan. Where's that Edwardo guy, anyway? :D

nrc
05-01-10, 01:27 PM
#2 - Bengals alts -- way better than their blacks, but fix the side stripe already!

You mean the way the white side doesn't always line up the same way with the sleeve? Yeah, that's weird. I guess they're cut differently for different positions.

I have nothing against the black except that everyone is doing it. They're a little busy now with the orange shoulders and white side stripe, but it does break up the fashionable black. I do hate it when they were black jerseys and black pants. Looks like kids playing their pajamas.

(do the Brownies have an orange alt anymore?)

Don't think so. I haven't seen them in a few years.

Don Quixote
05-01-10, 02:36 PM
This is a killer. Who's jersey is the biggest seller by state? :rofl::rofl:

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/PJ-AR558_sports_NS_20090915104751.jpg

no way (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203917304574413353305964712.html)

dando
05-01-10, 03:15 PM
This is a killer. Who's jersey is the biggest seller by state? :rofl::rofl:

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/PJ-AR558_sports_NS_20090915104751.jpg

no way (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203917304574413353305964712.html)

So much for red and blue states. :gomer:

-Kevin

cameraman
05-01-10, 04:13 PM
The NFL merchandise sales in Utah are extremely low. BYU and Univ of Utah, sure you see a ton. NFL gear - very little. Favre is the big fish in a puddle.

Ankf00
05-01-10, 04:32 PM
chris johnson is the surprise there. daaaaaayuuuuuum

Gnam
05-01-10, 05:30 PM
Favre even carried Rhode Island.

Is Hawaii Michael Vick or Lofa Tatupu?

nrc
05-05-10, 12:23 PM
Warning: comedy gold ahead.

Maurice Purify, Bengals N-th string receiver was arrested for a bar fight recently. This gives them two arrests this year to tie for second place with Cleveland and Washington behind first place Miami with three.

In order to close the gap the Bengals are reportedly close to signing Adam "Pacman" Jones.

Purify probably has close to zero chance of making the team this year with all the receivers the Bengals have brought in. Jones won't be a certainty either.

dando
05-05-10, 12:39 PM
Warning: comedy gold ahead.

Maurice Purify, Bengals N-th string receiver was arrested for a bar fight recently. This gives them two arrests this year to tie for second place with Cleveland and Washington behind first place Miami with three.

In order to close the gap the Bengals are reportedly close to signing Adam "Pacman" Jones.

Purify probably has close to zero chance of making the team this year with all the receivers the Bengals have brought in. Jones won't be a certainty either.

Gots to sign a new malcontent to replace the one being released. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
05-06-10, 09:46 AM

In Zimm we trust. :saywhat:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5167205

-Kevin

Gnam
05-06-10, 04:26 PM
QB JaMarcus Russell released by Raiders.

3 years, $39 million, 7 wins.
Let the healing begin. ;)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/06/SPH31DAK2K.DTL&tsp=1

nrc
05-06-10, 05:21 PM
QB JaMarcus Russell released by Raiders.

3 years, $39 million, 7 wins.
Let the healing begin. ;)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/06/SPH31DAK2K.DTL&tsp=1

Exhibit #134 in the case for capping rookie salaries.

Ankf00
05-06-10, 05:55 PM
yea, but its not like the franchises aren't raking it in hand over fist, they can afford the stupid salaries w/ ease

Insomniac
05-08-10, 06:48 PM
yea, but its not like the franchises aren't raking it in hand over fist, they can afford the stupid salaries w/ ease

I think the bigger problem isn't the money, but when there was a cap, the damage a bad top of round 1 signing did to it. The early draft picks supposed to help a bad team get better. Getting stuck with a contract that would obliterate your cap to dump the guy is just another punch to the gut.

A rookie wage scale, 4-yr contract (that can be re-negotiated after 2) with salary incentives tied to production (put all (or some) of the money saved into a pot to pay this) seems like it would be fair.

Ankf00
05-08-10, 07:38 PM
bad talent identification is 100% on the team though, and NFL contracts are non-guaranteed

the cap is a creation of the owners as well.

don't get me wrong, on a certain level it's absurd JaMarcus pocketed $39M for being born huge and tall, but that's the market as it is, and the league created it as such

nrc
05-08-10, 11:36 PM
bad talent identification is 100% on the team though, and NFL contracts are non-guaranteed

To some degree. But you don't know what a kid is going to do when he's handed millions of dollars. And even "can't miss" picks have busted. No way you can predict something like David Pollack's broken neck.

Contract salaries may be "non-guaranteed" but signing bonuses are guaranteed. That's painful with rookies because that money is pro-rated over the life of the contract and hits the cap immediately if you dump a player early.

the cap is a creation of the owners as well.

And it worked well until the owners agreed to percentages that they couldn't live with outside of boom times.

Insomniac
05-09-10, 05:38 PM
It's really something like the Top 10 picks or so that are the problem. It's like an exponential line graph as you get to #1. If the chart was linear, I don't think anyone would really complain.

I think it's starting to hurt competitiveness now. There's the burden on the salary cap and the value of the top picks is falling. We aren't seeing teams trading up into the very top of the draft in the last few years because the risks and costs are prohibitive. Ultimately, it's the fans of those teams that are hurt.

I think the bigger issue for the owners is they went from "designated gross revenues" to "total gross revenues". Before they could grow certain areas and keep all those profits to themselves. Now they have to kick 59% back to the players and have the supplemental revenue sharing. They want more of the pie if they have to shoulder all the risk.

pchall
05-09-10, 06:12 PM
I wonder what "Pacman" Adam Jones' signing bonus was and how much, if any, he has left? Now he's signed for NFL minimum with the Bengals as a possible backup at cornerback.

Don Quixote
05-10-10, 05:32 PM
The Orange Stripes really signed Pacman????!!!! :gomer:

chop456
05-26-10, 06:22 AM
New Jersey Super Bowl, huh? Nothing says fun Winter getaway like Secaucus in February.

I hope it snows 13 feet that day, the game is cancelled and the NFL hires Tony George as comissioner.

TKGAngel
05-26-10, 07:55 AM
I think it's about time the Super Bowl came up north. You can only play in Dallas/Miami/Tampa/LA/Phoenix so many times.

The only real issue is whether they get Springsteen or Bon Jovi for the halftime show?

dando
05-26-10, 08:56 AM
The only real issue is whether they get Springsteen or Bon Jovi for the halftime show?

Jay-Z. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-02-10, 01:30 PM
I just read about another great Cleveland Browns success story. In 1959, the Browns drafted Dick LeBeau, and cut him during rookie training camp. Here we are 51 years and 62 interceptions later, and he will be going into the HOF, as a Lion of course. This is a great HOF class, including LeBeau, Jerry Rice, Floyd Little, Rickey Jackson, Russ Grimm, John Randle and Emmitt Smith. :thumbup:

dando
06-02-10, 01:48 PM
Dick LeBeau

Former Buckeye. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
06-02-10, 05:06 PM
New Jersey Super Bowl, huh? Nothing says fun Winter getaway like Secaucus in February.

I hope it snows 13 feet that day, the game is cancelled and the NFL hires Tony George as comissioner.

I'm all for cold weather super bowls, in NJ or otherwise. Look at the outdoor NHL games. They make for great TV and events.

That said, I think at this point, business wise, only a NYC/NJ super bowl is viable. In fact, weather aside, it is absolutely super compelling. Considering the client wooing and cooing and parties that go on and the fact that it is in the backyard of the media and almost every advertiser, it will be one hell of a two week party. Snow or cold or not it will not be outdone and will beat by a lightyear having VIPs staying in the Red Roof Inn out on the interstate in Jacksonville.

edit: I think Chicago and DC also have the convention space, hospitality, hotels, economic mojo, etc., to trump cold weather worries but that's about it. I'd love a SB in Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Boston, etc. but don't see it happening unless NYC does happen in the snow and proves to everyone that it is the coolest thing.

dando
06-14-10, 03:47 PM
Good work, VY.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5285535

:shakehead

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-14-10, 03:57 PM
Idiot.

cameraman
06-14-10, 04:27 PM
It's amazing how these guys can screw up multi-million dollar gigs.:shakehead

nrc
06-15-10, 12:38 PM
Wonderlic score confirmed. :gomer:

Don Quixote
06-15-10, 12:42 PM
Wonderlic score confirmed. :gomer:

Oh no, that wonderlic score doesn't tell you anything. :gomer:

dando
06-29-10, 01:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5339757

AUSTIN, Texas -- Cedric Benson is in trouble with the law again.

An Austin police spokeswoman says the Cincinnati Bengals running back was arrested on Tuesday and booked into the Travis County jail where he posted bail and was released. An arrest affidavit says he punched an employee of an Austin bar on May 30 after being kicked out for getting into an altercation with another patron.

In 2008, Benson was arrested twice in a month on alcohol charges. While in college at the University of Texas, he pleaded no contest to a charge of criminal trespassing for forcing his way into an apartment to find a television he said was stolen from him.

Perhaps we should just have a Bengals in legal trouble sticky? :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

nrc
06-29-10, 09:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5339757

Perhaps we should just have a Bengals in legal trouble sticky? :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

We're still only tied for Tennessee for second place with Miami leading four to three.

"Though he does not entirely agree with the version of facts recited in the court filings,'' Bassett said, "he does not wish to make his comments public at this time.

"Mr. Benson has always been willing to cooperate with the Austin Police Department to tell his version of what happened so long as he could have a lawyer present. The Austin Police Department decided to go forward with obtaining a warrant without obtaining Mr. Benson's side of the story.''
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Benson-charged-in-Texas/aed91164-6a3a-42e0-910f-0aca6f188c28

Charged a month after the fact? Sounds like someone at that bar wanted to get paid. The Bengals were already negotiating an extension. I doubt that this will stop them but it will cost Benson some cash.

nrc
06-29-10, 09:42 PM
Statement from Benson's lawyer:

Late last month at a nightclub, Cedric Benson was asked to take pictures with some female fans.

A man approached Cedric and objected to him posing for pictures with the women. Cedric explained that he had been asked to pose with the women and the man punched Cedric.

An altercation followed and while Cedric was leaving the club, he was approached by another man aggressively.

Believing this man was a friend of the man who had punched him; Cedric attempted to protect himself and continued out of the club.

Immediately upon leaving the club, Cedric called the police. He was interviewed by the police and left the area.

Two weeks ago while he was in Cincinnati, Cedric was contacted by a detective investigating the incident in Texas.

Apparently, the second man who approached Cedric is an employee of the night club and claimed that Cedric punched him.

Cedric agreed to be interviewed upon his return to Texas and provided his return date. Cedric was not contacted by the detective upon his return.

This morning Cedric received a telephone call advising him that a warrant had been issued for his arrest.

Cedric voluntarily made himself available, was taken into custody, and was released earlier today after posting bond.

Upon his release, Cedric contacted Coach Marvin Lewis and the Commissioner’s office to notify the Cincinnati Bengals and the NFL of these events.

Though we adamantly dispute that Cedric committed a crime, Cedric will continue to cooperate with law enforcement, the Bengals and the NFL in their investigation of these events.

The scene of the alleged crime: http://www.annieswest.com/photos.html

dando
06-29-10, 10:41 PM
Charged a month after the fact? Sounds like someone at that bar wanted to get paid. The Bengals were already negotiating an extension. I doubt that this will stop them but it will cost Benson some cash.

Well, it's sounds kinda like the Tyler Moeller situation last summer, which took a few mos. for charges to be filed and just recently resulted in a plea deal by the idiot (Decker) that assaulted him for no good reason. :irked:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-30-10, 02:22 AM
Ced needs to ****ing go to AA already

nrc
06-30-10, 03:54 AM
Ced needs to ****ing go to AA already

Yeah, he must have been drunk to think that he could get away with posing for pics with some sorority chicks in a Texas frat bar. :rolleyes:

He reportedly spoke with the cops at the scene. If he was drunk and disorderly why didn't they arrest him on the spot?

Anyway, good month for Longhorns. :gomer:

nrc
07-02-10, 12:55 AM
We're still only tied for Tennessee for second place with Miami leading four to three.

Oh! Ladies and gentlemen the Titans go charging into a tie for first place with Miami as Chris Simms is arrested for driving under the influence of weed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/07/01/2010-07-01_chris_simms_nfl_quarterback__son_of_giants_lege nd_phil_simms_busted_for_driving_.html

That's three arrests for the Titans and three for UT Alums inside the span of a month.

Andrew Longman
07-02-10, 06:33 AM
What kind of pot slurs your speech? :confused:

chop456
07-02-10, 06:54 AM

The good kind? :cool: :D

Andrew Longman
07-02-10, 09:23 AM
The good kind? :cool: :D

I liked this in the comments"

...If he was only stoned he could walk, eat a box of tacos, talk for hrs about nonsense, drive slower, maybe too slow.

Sounds like we was drinking, not that it is a good excuse or defense.

Is it cool to drink if you are missing a spleen? Jus' curious.

Feel bad for his Dad. Chris' younger brother may have been the better athlete/QB actually (at least at the HS level) but has always been a "handful". I've heard the disappointment in Phil's voice during interviews when talking about him. Chris OTOH he's always been pretty proud of.

Ankf00
07-02-10, 01:26 PM

you need to stop smoking dirt weed

and this news is as shocking as Ced getting in trouble for boozing...

Ankf00
07-02-10, 04:46 PM
Dan Coryell, the true father of the modern passing game, has passed

Ankf00
07-02-10, 04:48 PM
Yeah, he must have been drunk to think that he could get away with posing for pics with some sorority chicks in a Texas frat bar. :rolleyes:

He reportedly spoke with the cops at the scene. If he was drunk and disorderly why didn't they arrest him on the spot?

Anyway, good month for Longhorns. :gomer:

yea, that was just a misunderstanding, so were his DWIs, so was his breaking into an apt to retrieve a TV. sorry, but after so many incidents I have to go with first hand accounts, ones not reported in the media, over Ced's lawyer.

and W 6th is 100% yup (Hi! :D). fratters stay east of Congress

nrc
07-02-10, 05:59 PM
yea, that was just a misunderstanding,

Lotta misunderstood Longhorns lately. Maybe time to review the communications curriculum. :p

Ankf00
07-02-10, 08:20 PM
comms school is for wimmins :gomer:

Gnam
07-27-10, 07:46 PM
O M G. L O L.

Receiver Terrell Owens agreed to a contract with the Cincinnati Bengals on Tuesday and will report to training camp in a couple of days,

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/07/27/sports/s153505D34.DTL&tsp=1

nrc
07-27-10, 10:29 PM
Wow. Either this thing is headed for orbit or ready to blow up on the pad.

dando
07-28-10, 08:47 AM
Wow. Either this thing is headed for orbit or ready to blow up on the pad.

Yup. Success or complete fail. No in b/w.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
07-28-10, 09:08 AM
I see what the Bungles are doing. This will direct attention away from the police blotters. :D

dando
07-28-10, 09:17 AM
I see what the Bungles are doing. This will direct attention away from the police blotters. :D

Bite me. :p

I actually have a good feeling about this. Not sure why...perhaps it's because Peter King has to eat crow on calling Ocho out as a fraud for saying TO would sign with Cincy. :D :thumbup:

-Kevin

Gnam
07-28-10, 09:30 PM
Umpires get promoted. Instead of getting in the way of linebackers, they can now trip up Running backs.

Umpires will now be positioned 12 to 15 yards deep in the offensive backfield parallel to the referee. That will sometimes slow how quickly the ball can be marked for the next snap.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-umpire-rule-could-affect-no-huddle-offenses?GT1=39002

nrc
07-28-10, 10:57 PM
Umpires get promoted. Instead of getting in the way of linebackers, they can now trip up Running backs.

A running back would have to get give a lot of ground to get back there. Might be good for setting a pick on the reverse.

But it's going to really cut into the NFL Films blooper reels.

Gnam
07-29-10, 02:16 AM
I figure as soon as the ball is snapped they're going to start running forward to get closer to the line and help out on end runs. ;)

nrc
07-29-10, 07:03 PM
Can the Referee flag the Umpire for tripping? :gomer:

nrc
07-31-10, 12:56 AM
"Cedric Benson met last week (July 22) with Commissioner Goodell and members of his staff at the league office in New York to review a recent incident in Austin, Texas. Benson was reminded of his responsibility to take precautions to avoid putting himself at risk when he is in public. He also was informed that based on our current understanding of the facts, no disciplinary action is planned.

Gnam
08-09-10, 04:22 PM
Football!
Get your not ready for primetime,
OMG I hope they cut that guy,
We're DOOMED!
low scoring, boring
Football, HERE!

Pre Season WEEK 1
Thursday, Aug. 12
7:30: New Orleans at New England
8:00: Carolina at Baltimore (ESPN)
9:00: Oakland at Dallas
Friday, Aug. 13
7:30: Buffalo at Washington (NFL)
7:30: Jacksonville at Philadelphia
8:00: Kansas City at Atlanta
Saturday, Aug. 14
7:00: Tampa Bay at Miami (NFL)
7:30: Detroit at Pittsburgh
8:00: Cleveland at Green Bay
8:00: Houston at Arizona
8:00: Minnesota at St. Louis
9:00: Chicago at San Diego
10:00: Tennessee at Seattle (NFL)
Sunday, Aug. 15
1:00: San Francisco at Indianapolis (NFL)
7:00: Denver at Cincinnati (NFL)
Monday, Aug. 16
8:00: N.Y. Giants at N.Y. Jets (ESPN)

dando
08-09-10, 04:51 PM
Football!
We're DOOMED!
low scoring, boring
Football, HERE!

Makes me wish I actually had the NFL Network. Not. :gomer: The pre-season is intended to make fans hold their breath for injuries :saywhat: ala Brian Leonard last night for the Who Deys. You just don't replace guys with motors like that. :cry: :cry:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
08-09-10, 07:25 PM
Makes me wish I actually had the NFL Network. Not. :gomer: You are going to miss the epic August 15 matchup between the Donkeys and the who dems. :D

nrc
08-09-10, 08:08 PM
Makes me wish I actually had the NFL Network. Not. :gomer: The pre-season is intended to make fans hold their breath for injuries :saywhat: ala Brian Leonard last night for the Who Deys. You just don't replace guys with motors like that. :cry: :cry:

-Kevin

Just think, last year the drama was which back(s) would get cut. :\

nrc
08-09-10, 08:15 PM
You are going to miss the epic August 15 matchup between the Donkeys and the who dems. :D

That one is on local TV in Cbus.

We had NFL Network with WOW until recently. They had the channel but refused to pay the rate bump for the Thursday night games so they never carried them. Now NFL Network says all or nothing.

I enjoyed the channel but I'm ok with "nothing" if they're not going to have the games. Someone has to draw the line or we'll all end up paying Sunday Ticket prices just to see the games.

The big challenge will be the Thanksgiving night game against the Jets which is on NFL Network. Do you suppose Thanksgiving dinner at a sports bar would fly?

dando
08-09-10, 09:44 PM
That one is on local TV in Cbus.

We had NFL Network with WOW until recently. They had the channel but refused to pay the rate bump for the Thursday night games so they never carried them. Now NFL Network says all or nothing.

I enjoyed the channel but I'm ok with "nothing" if they're not going to have the games. Someone has to draw the line or we'll all end up paying Sunday Ticket prices just to see the games.

The big challenge will be the Thanksgiving night game against the Jets which is on NFL Network. Do you suppose Thanksgiving dinner at a sports bar would fly?

'tis the one reason I'm 'enjoying' TWC's stand against the NFL Network, but the current E$PN vs. TWC dispute will be interesting to watch. This one will be a tipping point in carriage rates, IMO. :irked: E$PN has been loading the balance sheet with packages like MNF, NASCAB, The Masters, BC$, etc. to 'encourage' higher rates for the E$PN channels.

I've asked myself the same question about the Jets game, but I'll be just as happy to watch it on Gamecast and listen to Lap blow a gasket calling the game (ala Lachey for the Bucks). And thankfully the Bengals are on 610 and not 1460 so I can actually hear them @ night. :saywhat: Now the real question is whether it's OK to wear headphones to the dinner table Thxgiving night. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
08-09-10, 09:47 PM
You are going to miss the epic August 15 matchup between the Donkeys and the who dems. :D

Paul Keels and Anthony Munoz on channel 6 for us, biotch. :gomer: Remember seeing Paul in the VC back in Feb? :thumbup: Question is will the donkeys be able to field enough players, not counting QBs? :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Insomniac
08-10-10, 07:59 PM
Football!
We're DOOMED!
low scoring, boring
Football, HERE!

All the games not on national TV also air multiple times on NFL Network. Not sure how they'll be handling the announcing team shown this year.

Also, for die hards, $40 to watch the games live online.