PDA

View Full Version : Saturday '10

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

dando
06-11-10, 03:37 PM
Big Red N to Big 10+1 now official. Burnt Orange still debating....perhaps seeing where BeVo drops a turd. :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
06-11-10, 03:38 PM
Big Red N to Big 10+1 now official. Burnt Orange still debating....perhaps seeing where BeVo drops a turd. :gomer:

-Kevin

I hope the Domers join, be fun to watch them get their bead mumbling asses kicked by real football teams. :thumbup:

cameraman
06-11-10, 04:16 PM
Okay so Boise State joins the Mountain West Conference and now we get to play on that silly blue field every other year.

And the MWC is open to another school or two joining up should anyone be interested.

Ankf00
06-11-10, 04:54 PM
osborne and pearlman need a fire hose to power wash the sand out of their vag.

"it's missouri's fault. wait no, it's colorado's, oh wait, it's Texas' for not sharing media rights (nevermind that we voted with Texas on that so we could keep our own media rights), hey it's the Pac 10's fault, wait now, it's nebraska's weather's fault, nope, now that I think about it, it's the sunbelt's fault we're going to the big ten!"

:rofl:

you might be in the big ten, but you'll still be nothing more than a land grant offering nothing of substance above studies in bovine digestive tracts and porcine metabolism. oh yea, and weak ass football w/ no recruiting grounds now that you can't use TX or CA anymore :laugh:

Ankf00
06-11-10, 05:15 PM
announcing pac10 on tues supposedly w/ tech, ou, osu. agroids get 72 hours to mull it over

Don Quixote
06-11-10, 05:37 PM
My sources say your sources are being duped. :gomer:

cameraman
06-11-10, 06:01 PM
June 11, 2010

Dear Cyclone alumni, fans and friends of the University,

In the past two days, the University of Colorado and the University of Nebraska have announced that they are leaving the Big 12 Conference for other affiliations. We are deeply disappointed in their decisions, and we are concerned about how those decisions impact Iowa State University.

Over the next several days, the presidents and directors of athletics of the Big 12 member institutions will be discussing options and potential initiatives that we may take in order to move forward in light of the Colorado and Nebraska decisions. Be assured, we will continue to do everything in our power to represent the best interests of Iowa State University in these discussions; it is also important to understand that actions taken by other member institutions are beyond our control.

We should never forget that Iowa State University is an outstanding academic and research institution with a proud history of student-athletes succeeding in the classroom and in competition. Keep in mind during the past year our student-athletes were first in the Big 12 Conference in graduation rates, and Iowa State has enjoyed our highest ranking ever in the Learfield Director’s Cup standings, which measures competitive success. But as all of the discussions about conference realignment illustrate, the future of college athletics appears to be less about academics and competitive success and more about money, as measured by television viewership and the associated revenues.

We appreciate your longstanding loyalty to Iowa State and certainly understand and share your concern for the future of the Big 12 Conference and the potential impact on our institution. Thank you for your understanding and, we will keep you informed as developments occur.

Go Cyclones!

Dr. Gregory Geoffroy
President

All I can say is the last football game I saw in Ames was against Nebraska and the score was something along the lines of 72-6. I don't think the Cyclones have improved much since then. A little less Nebraska wouldn't hurt.

Ankf00
06-11-10, 08:04 PM
ISU beat NU at NU the last go around.

Me thinks a little less major conference might do NU some good.

Insomniac
06-11-10, 09:08 PM
I just want to say, with all this mega-conference and championships talk, the Big East = Easiest Path to BCS (Rich Rodriguez, you're a genius!). :D

Methanolandbrats
06-11-10, 10:37 PM
All this stuff sucks, it's worse than when Rockingham was dropped from the schedule. :gomer:

extramundane
06-12-10, 12:27 AM
Local talk has been suggesting (i.e. hoping) that when the Ankhorns go to the Pac-XX, SEC will come begging the cHokies for sloppy seconds, with the hopes that'll get 'em the DC Metro TV market.

Cue unicorn farts and faerie dust in 5...4...3...

Ankf00
06-13-10, 07:53 PM
aggy board of regents are 6-3 for SEC. Turned down PacWestSuperFiftyZillion commish in person today.

Gnam
06-13-10, 08:48 PM
There is a weakness...

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9408/deathstarplans.jpg

stroker
06-13-10, 08:59 PM
I've been out of the loop (camping) for the last three days... WTF is happening with the Big 12?

Don Quixote
06-13-10, 09:04 PM
You mean the "ex-Big12".

Ankf00
06-13-10, 10:19 PM
The Big 12 is now the Big 10 but the Big Ten is now the Big Twelve is what happened.

Don Quixote
06-13-10, 10:28 PM
The Big 10 will always be the Big 10. You longhorns wouldn't understand, skipping from conference to conference trying to better your position and leaving a pile of stink in your wake. :D

Ankf00
06-14-10, 02:43 AM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-2/count-von-count-sesame-street.jpg

Andrew Longman
06-14-10, 07:02 AM
Here is what is totally wrong with all this and with so much of what the NCAA and presidents do:

How does ANY of this improve the game or sport for the fans, the students, or the athletes?

Will all this new money lower ticket prices, tuition or the need for state funding of university budgets? Will scholarships become a little richer for cover living expenses? Will athletes get better training and medical care? Will beer and a hot dog at the stadium cost less? Will competition on the field be any more compelling for fans and players?

We know the answers.

Run any business with so little regard for the ultimate stakeholders and customers and it will not last very long. They are adrift without bearings from their basic beliefs or genuine strategy.

dando
06-14-10, 09:23 AM
WTF is happening with the Big 12?

You mean Big 12-2.

To answer your question, Big Red N to the Big 10+1 (Big 10+2) and Toker U to the Pac 10 (now Pac 10+1).

-Kevin

dando
06-14-10, 09:38 AM
Here is what is totally wrong with all this and with so much of what the NCAA and presidents do:

How does ANY of this improve the game or sport for the fans, the students, or the athletes?

Will all this new money lower ticket prices, tuition or the need for state funding of university budgets? Will scholarships become a little richer for cover living expenses? Will athletes get better training and medical care? Will beer and a hot dog at the stadium cost less? Will competition on the field be any more compelling for fans and players?

We know the answers.

Run any business with so little regard for the ultimate stakeholders and customers and it will not last very long. They are adrift without bearings from their basic beliefs or genuine strategy.

The sad fact is that the college presidents (or the Big 10+1 and Pac 10 commishes) have been against a playoff for the sake of edumacation. Well, in the meantime a 12th game has been added for all schools, and now it appears that a 13th game will be added for the Big 10+2 and the Pac 10+? championship games. The hypocrisy here is astounding. :saywhat:

Oh, and BTW you can't buy a beer in The Shoe for a foosball game, but it's $4 for a bottle of water. :irked:

-Kevin

dando
06-14-10, 10:52 AM
OK, so now I'm seeign Tweets from Orangebloods that UT is staying in the 10 member Big-12, while E$PN (and The Turd) is reporting UT to the Pac 10 as soon as today. :confused: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-14-10, 01:01 PM

our ath dept. is fully self sufficient, and offers full scholarships, facilities, and training for every athlete in every varsity sport. It's why we have a limited slate of varsity sports. Go big or go home. That additional revenue pulled in from football goes right back into the facilities and coaches for every scholarship athlete at the school. Plus the ath dept kicks back a few million at the end of the year back to the university's general fund as a gift.

state only funds 16% of UT's annual budget, and that gets cut by 10% or so every 2 years when the leg is in session. the state sure as **** isn't funding anyone's scholarships, room, or board, they can barely pay the power bill.

as for other univ's pulling in general fund money to cover their athletics balance sheet, can't support that in the least, but not my fight.

Don Quixote
06-14-10, 01:05 PM
our ath dept. is fully self sufficient, and offers full scholarships, facilities, and training for every athlete in every varsity sport. It's why we have a limited slate of varsity sports. Go big or go home. That additional revenue pulled in from football goes right back into the facilities and coaches for every scholarship athlete at the school.

state only funds 16% of UT's annual budget, and that gets cut by 10% or so every 2 years when the leg is in session. the state sure as **** isn't funding anyone's scholarships, room, or board, they can barely pay the power bill. tOSU football program supports all non-revenue sports, which is 36 total varsity sports except basketball, and maybe women's bball and maybe hockey. They also frequently write big checks to the university for various non athletics things such as the recent remodel of the main library.

Andrew Longman
06-14-10, 01:11 PM
Good for you and your fandom Ank. But how much will they be lowering ticket prices if they go to the Pac10? Will the people of Texas hold onto a little more of their tax dollars? Will the athletes get that next great MRI machine or the like? Maybe a little more meal money? Would they've gotten it anyway?

Texas sports is a success story rivaled by probably less than a half dozen other schools, no argument. But all this conference swapping will not make it or any other other schools better for the people who really matter.

Ankf00
06-14-10, 01:57 PM
the athletes can only personally receive what the NCAA allows, and we certainly max out on that, but the NCAA doesn't limit what the school can offer in academic and athletic support, all the trainers, equipment, tutors, and various counselors made possible with the dept's revenue.

it's not the treatment any regular student would receive, but even if the ath dept didn't exist, the rest of us wouldn't be seeing a any of the services made possible through that revenue anyway.

now I realize that most schools dont break even on athletics expenditures, but to me that's a personal problem. 20 or so years ago we told the ath dept they're on their own regardless, and they've certainly succeeded. if they end up in the red, they'll have to go raise the balance on their own. and 20 years ago UT athletics was anything but the cash register it is now.

taxpayers of TX barely pay anything in the first place, and every year that's decreased further and further. There are only 2 tier 1 publics in the state despite having the 2nd largest population. TX gives 2 ***** about education, and the university has gone about taking care of itself with both its own oil money as a result of a private gift in the form of west texas land w/ mineral rights, and also fundraising for the largest public school, and 5th largest overall, private endowment fund.

when the leg deregs tuition and defunds to 16% (to become 14% come February), all the while exappropriating 50% of every federal research grant awarded to the university for the express purpose of helping cover the state leg's overhead costs, the state leg and by extension the taxpayers can screw off if they want any say beyond statutory matters.

Napoleon
06-14-10, 03:28 PM
tOSU football program supports all . . .

I also thought they had the biggest budget of any collegiate sports program.

dando
06-14-10, 03:45 PM

Nope...everything is bigger in Texas. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
06-14-10, 03:59 PM

Last I heard, the biggest budget and the largest program. They have almost twice as many teams as most colleges. Men's football and basketball pretty much pay for all the rest.

dando
06-14-10, 04:06 PM
Last I heard, the biggest budget and the largest program. They have almost twice as many teams as most colleges. Men's football and basketball pretty much pay for all the rest.

UT has the largest revenue program. The OSU has the most teams in the program.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-14-10, 04:10 PM
Must be the oil wells.

dando
06-14-10, 04:12 PM
Must be the oil wells.

Cattles. :gomer:

Texas Hold 'em up. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5285680)

Texas stands to earn between $20 million and
$25 million annually in television revenue in the reworked deal, including money from its own network, according to Orangebloods.com.

The Longhorns network figures to generate between $3 million and $5 million, according to the report. Because the Big 12 has unequal revenue sharing, the deal will mean more money for Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma, who all would receive at least $20 million annually from the new deal.

The other seven schools in the Big 12 would make between $14 million and $17 million, doubling what they currently receive in TV revenue.

:eek: :shakehead

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-14-10, 05:12 PM
Must be the oil wells.

[randy] straight cash homey. [/moss]

Ankf00
06-14-10, 06:33 PM
Texas turns down Pac-10; Big 12 schools have framework of deal

05:25 PM CDT on Monday, June 14, 2010

By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News The remaining Big 12 members are close to a remarkable comeback that will ensure the conference's viability of 10 members a source familiar with the negotiations told The Dallas Morning News.
Several small details need to be ironed out, but the framework of an agreement appeared to be in place Monday afternoon.
Pac-10 Commissioner Larry Scott confirmed that the University of Texas has declined an invitation to join the conference. The decision will preserve the Big 12 as a 10-team conference, assuming Texas A&M elects to remain. Texas A&M officials were deliberating Monday afternoon.

this better be a god damn negotiating tactic or I'm going to go all buckeyes on some couches and dumpsters :flame:

Ankf00
06-14-10, 07:10 PM
univ put out official release. staying in big XII-2.

:yuck:

Gnam
06-14-10, 07:18 PM
Texas: (to Baylor) I can't quit you.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/35/brokebackmountain14.jpg

:cry:

dando
06-14-10, 08:11 PM
univ put out official release. staying in big XII-2.

Broked back Big Twinkie. :gomer:

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :p

EDIT: What a load of crap all of this expansion/super conference crap was. F Jim Delany. The least they could have done was group all of the religious schools together. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-14-10, 08:31 PM
does NU even make any money for you guys? they have 700,000 television sets but now get a 1/12th cut from the pot.

dando
06-14-10, 08:35 PM
does NU even make any money for you guys? they have 700,000 television sets but now get a 1/12th cut from the pot.

Conf championship. 'nuf said. That being said....WTF? And that being said....F Jim Delany. :flame: :mad: :saywhat: :irked: :shakehead

-Kevin

WickerBill
06-14-10, 09:36 PM
Time for the Big 12 to push very, very hard for Arkansas and LSU.

Sorry f00

dando
06-14-10, 09:41 PM
Time for the Big 12 to push very, very hard for Arkansas and LSU.

Sorry f00

Which Big 12? ;)

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-14-10, 10:23 PM
I have been waiting awhile to post this. :p

http://t4toby.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/deathstar.jpg

Don Quixote
06-14-10, 10:26 PM
does NU even make any money for you guys? they have 700,000 television sets but now get a 1/12th cut from the pot.They have that many television sets, and every single one of them is on big red football 24/7. And those corn farmers are making $3.50-$4.50 a bushel these days, so they have money to support the sponsors. What percentage of Berkley TV's watch football on a regular basis? :gomer:

Don Quixote
06-14-10, 10:34 PM
Seriously though, I think TX was looking to roll the pac10 for big time concessions in exchange for increased TV exposure for the conference. Turns out the pac10 doesn't have much to give, and TX was looking at being televised at 11:00PM or later eastern time for a bunch of its games. The big10 doesn't interest TX because they have equal revenue sharing, no matter how big or successful the school is. That doesn't fit TX's business model, even though they most likely would have come out better. So they stay put, and roll the remaining members of the big12.

And PS, chip brown in a tool.

dando
06-14-10, 11:35 PM
OMAIsqvTh7g

:gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-15-10, 12:35 AM
Seriously though, I think TX was looking to roll the pac10 for big time concessions in exchange for increased TV exposure for the conference. Turns out the pac10 doesn't have much to give, and TX was looking at being televised at 11:00PM or later eastern time for a bunch of its games. The big10 doesn't interest TX because they have equal revenue sharing, no matter how big or successful the school is. That doesn't fit TX's business model, even though they most likely would have come out better. So they stay put, and roll the remaining members of the big12.

And PS, chip brown in a tool.

There would've been 1 west coast game a year, the rest would've been the same old big 12 teams + asu & uofa. And there's no way network execs would put that game on at 10pm CST and miss out on the ad revenue of a daytime or primetime CST slot.

Andrew Longman
06-15-10, 07:22 AM
the athletes can only personally receive what the NCAA allows...

And how much money does the NCAA make off athletics?

Ank I don't disagree with anything you're saying and I feel your love for UT but you are missing my point. How does any of this actually improve the sport for the stakeholders who matter most? I think it doesn't.

Ankf00
06-15-10, 10:49 AM
I don't see how it worsens it. If the schedule removes Lincoln, Ames, Manhattan, Lawrence, Columbia and Waco, keeps Boulder, Stillwater, Norman, College Station and Lubbock, and adds Phoenix, plus a single cross-divisional west coast la/sf/pdx/sea trip a year, what significant detriment is there to the student athlete. Additional revenue is not a detriment on its own

And football money doesnt go to the NCAA, basketball tournament, yes, football is kept by the schools which is why the BCS still exists, control of revenue

dando
06-15-10, 11:01 AM
And football money doesnt go to the NCAA, basketball tournament, yes, football is kept by the schools which is why the BCS still exists, control of revenue

March Madness is 90% of the NC2A revenue. The schools/conferences keep the jack for the foosball and hoops regular seasons.

BTW, the figures I saw today on schools revs was $138m for UT and $120m for The OSU. What I'd like to know is how UT earns ~$20m more than The OSU when BeVo's pasture is smaller than The Shoe. I can't see hoops and baseball earnign that much. :confused:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-15-10, 11:14 AM
BTW, the figures I saw today on schools revs was $138m for UT and $120m for The OSU. What I'd like to know is how UT earns ~$20m more than The OSU when BeVo's pasture is smaller than The Shoe. I can't see hoops and baseball earnign that much. :confused:

-Kevin

our business school's better than yours :tony:

dando
06-15-10, 11:17 AM
our business school's better than yours :tony:

More 'n likely it's your cow patty tossing teams making up the difference. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-15-10, 11:22 AM
this press conference makes me wnat to punch our AD and Pres in the face.

"we're going to make a lot of money, who cares if we're in a conference of 3rd tier land grants, who cares if we could've been with UCLA, Cal, Stanford, U Dub, and USC while still playing a similar regional schedule. we're going to make a bunch of money with a buncha 3rd tier land grants! yay!!!"

Ankf00
06-15-10, 11:37 AM
i hope the new FSN contract ends up being a dud and we end up making 10M less than everyone in the other conferences.

dando
06-15-10, 12:25 PM
Chip Brown was on The Turd this AM claiming E$PN stepped in to stop the realignment/expansion (basically keeping Fox from gaining control of college foosball). :saywhat:

EDIT: if true, this is hilarious in the sense that E$PN was reporting that the move to the Pac 10 was a done deal and Chip Brown was tweeting that it was off yesterday afternoon. Got damn I hate E$PN, but I needs me my E$PN. :\

-Kevin

dando
06-15-10, 12:33 PM

"we're going to make a lot of money, who cares if we're in a conference of 3rd tier land grants, who cares if we could've been with UCLA, Cal, Stanford, U Dub, and USC while still playing a similar regional schedule. we're going to make a bunch of money with a buncha 3rd tier land grants! yay!!!"

Welcome to the new Big lEast. :gomer: :laugh:

-Kevin

cameraman
06-15-10, 12:57 PM

Why the hell do you think any of these schools have athletic programs to begin with? It is all about money and only about money. It is a mechanism to keep alumni interested so the school can tap their wills when they die. It is a direct line into your wallet.

Ankf00
06-15-10, 01:03 PM
Ames, Iowa
Manhattan, Kansas
Lawence, Kansas
Columbia, Missouri
Stillwater, Oklahma
Norman, Oklahoma
Waco, Texas
Lubbock, Texas
College Station, Texas
Austin, Texas

FML

dando
06-15-10, 01:17 PM
FML

Perhaps the new conference name should be the BFE conference? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-15-10, 02:06 PM
The "I got a full ride to my kollege cuz I gots a 740 CAT score!" conference.

Don Quixote
06-15-10, 02:58 PM
Such diversity!

Don Quixote
06-15-10, 03:06 PM
Ank's summer vacation road trip itinerary:

Ames, Iowa
Manhattan, Kansas
Lawence, Kansas
Columbia, Missouri
Stillwater, Oklahma
Norman, Oklahoma
Waco, Texas
Lubbock, Texas
College Station, Texas
Austin, Texas

:D

dando
06-15-10, 03:22 PM
Follow the Benjamins:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/37711140

:shakehead

I may start following Little League sports once E$PN creates E$PNLL. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
06-16-10, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the new Big lEast. :gomer: :laugh:

Double that. If I have to laugh so can you Ank. :gomer:

But as academic institutions, I'd take almost any of the BE schools over anything in the Big 12/10 except UT and Rutgers give UT a run in a lot of ways.

Andrew Longman
06-16-10, 09:54 AM
I don't see how it worsens it.

But how does it make it better? Good leadership/management is not defined by not making thing worse.

But from your other posts, as a UT fan you do seem to have some lingering and deep resentment over playing land grant schools in the middle of no where instead of sparkley California/West Coast schools. ;);)

Andrew Longman
06-16-10, 09:57 AM
What I'd like to know is how UT earns ~$20m more than The OSU

Texan alum and alum wannabes like to spend more money to make up for their shortcomings. Everything is bigger/more in Texas.

Ankf00
06-16-10, 01:27 PM
But how does it make it better? Good leadership/management is not defined by not making thing worse.
more revenues pay for more staff and more frequent facilities upgrades, which is to the benefit of the student athletes in softball, indoor & outdoor track, swim, etc.

Ankf00
06-16-10, 01:34 PM

But as academic institutions, I'd take almost any of the BE schools over anything in the Big 12/10 except UT and Rutgers give UT a run in a lot of ways.

that sounds like all the aggies who used to be shocked to learn I chose UT for engineering instead of A&M.

UT = Wisconsin, Penn St., etc. behind UCLA, Cal, Michigan, etc.

Rutgers = Aggy :gomer: :p (hi RichK :D)

But from your other posts, as a UT fan you do seem to have some lingering and deep resentment over playing land grant schools in the middle of no where instead of sparkley California/West Coast schools
pac 16 would've had 2/3's of the winningest college world series programs, 8 of 15 teams w/ multiple national baseball titles (since CU is a buncha godless commies who don't play baseball). USC, UCLA, Zona, UT, A&M, OU, OSU in basketball. Football would've replaced Iowa St, KSU, KU, Mizzou w/ U of A and ASU, Nebraska's the big loss. 50% tier 1 schools.

and I could've walked 2 blocks from my front door to catch a train to see UT play at Cal Memorial or the Farm :(

what makes it even worse is that before we only had to play the b12 north 3 times/yr, now it's 4 times. and instead of ames, manhattan, lawrence, columbia once every 4 years, now it's every OTHER year. and on top of that, since there'll only be 4 home conference games at most, possibly 3 in the years that we're "home" for OU in Dallas, that means EVERY one of our 3 OOC games (reduced from 4) will now be a pay for play directional DII school like northwest louisiana technical state college for the blind and gifted since the ath dept needs home games to pay for that pretty new north end zone expansion. so I'd say that's worse for the players since they signed up to play elite D1 ball, and are now playing rec league.

Texan alum and alum wannabes like to spend more money to make up for their shortcomings. Everything is bigger/more in Texas.
that, also that we sell a crap ton of corporate sponsorship & partnerships with the likes of southwest, time warner, taco bell, etc. and have the 2nd biggest state. w00t w00t. channel sales!

Al Czervik
06-16-10, 03:20 PM

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2009/results

Top 100
Big Ten (+2): 6-University of Chicago, Meechigan, Northwestern, Wisky, Illinois, & Purdue

ACC: 3-The school which shall not be named (D&^%), North Carolina, Georgia Tech

Pac 10 (+1+): 3 - Cal, UCLA, Stanford

Big XII (-II): 1 - Texas

Big East: 0.0

Napoleon
06-16-10, 04:05 PM
Big Ten (+2): 6-University of Chicago, Meechigan, Northwestern, Wisky, Illinois, & Purdue

Since when is Chicago in the Big Ten?

Ankf00
06-16-10, 04:16 PM
they're a member of the CIC

cameraman
06-16-10, 04:52 PM
Hey we won't have to play on that silly blue field after all.
Seems the Runnin' Utes are Pac 10 bound:rolleyes:

Their chances of an undefeated season are officially significantly diminished:rofl:

Don Quixote
06-16-10, 04:58 PM
Hey we won't have to play on that silly blue field after all.
Seems the Runnin' Utes are Pac 10 bound:rolleyes:

Their chances of an undefeated season are officially significantly diminished:rofl:
I don't know. They may be the favorite in their first year, what with U$C sanctions and Oregon's various problems. Go Utes!

Andrew Longman
06-16-10, 05:29 PM
more revenues pay for more staff and more frequent facilities upgrades, which is to the benefit of the student athletes in softball, indoor & outdoor track, swim, etc.

OK. That seems reason enough to threaten to rip apart long held rivalries that are important to the people who watch and have watched the games.

Don Quixote
06-16-10, 05:43 PM
OK. That seems reason enough to threaten to rip apart long held rivalries that are important to the people who watch and have watched the games.Depends on how the deal turned out. As originally envisioned, and reported by the major tool Chip Brown, TX was going to take all its rivalries with it to the pac 10. If TX had gone to the big 10 without its other conference teams, I would wager that the red river game would still have continued.

dando
06-16-10, 05:52 PM
OK. That seems reason enough to threaten to rip apart long held rivalries that are important to the people who watch and have watched the games.

The day after turkey day has never been the same w/o Big Red N and OU playing. :(

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-16-10, 05:55 PM

what rivalries? we've been in the big 12 for 14 years. I don't consider iowa state, kansas state, and mizzou to be rivals or any part of shared history. UT didn't force NU to the east or CU to the west.

my school's rivalry history involves davey o'brien, doak walker, and sammy baugh. smu, tcu, the pony express, john jenkins' dirty cheatin' run & shoot, grant teaff, spike dykes, frank broyles crying in his soup after richard nixons hands over the '69 title trophy after Street & Peschel convert 4th & 3 in Fayetteville, UH whining about no respect, barry switzer spying on our practice fields, and jackie sherrill mailing recruits stacks of $100 bills through FedEx. the death of the SWC killed the former, and the latter would still be maintained by going west w/ the b12 south as a team. we played OU for 80 years out of conference, if A&M had gone to the SEC and the rest of us 4 to the Pac 16, I think we could've done alright playing A&M out of conference all the same

the school and ath dept should be doing everything to better provide for their primary constituents. the implication that UT's, or any other school's, functions & future should be beholden to tv viewers half a country away is bogus.

Ankf00
06-16-10, 06:02 PM
The day after turkey day has never been the same w/o Big Red N and OU playing. :(

-Kevin

a rivalry so cared about by the primary actors that NU ran to the BigTen without so much as a second thought.

the only reason that rivalry even existed in once every 2 years form after 1996 is Stanford's "no" vote to UT in '94. otherwise UT & CU are in the Pac 10, A&M in the SEC, and the big 8's tv contract w/ abc/espn was to expire w/ no renewal, leaving the rest of the Big8 scrambling every which way, likely NU or OU to the SEC to pair up with A&M since the ags were already in provided they bring a partner. the expiration of the Big 8's tv contract and the sizable future reduction of the SWC's is why the Big XII shotgun marriage existed in the first place

Ankf00
06-16-10, 07:27 PM
the stress has gotten to ag AD Bill Byrne :laugh:

Hey ***holes

I am a third generation aggie and class of '06. my family and I, including many extend family members have had season tickets at kyle field for up to 20 yrs.

We also tailgate spending a lot of time and money during the fall in college station. That all ended today

We are canceling our season tickets and will never again donate to the 12th man until there is all new board of regents minus Gene Stallings, a new ad, new president (that guy is a disgrace).

Dollar bill, I hope you have time to pull your tongue out of dodds butt to read this email

Sincere regards

Bill calls the guy and leaves a voicemail:
http://www.suspectclothing.com/gigem/billbyrne.m4a

100% genuine.

Don Quixote
06-16-10, 08:12 PM
Ank, I think you should call that number. :rofl:

cameraman
06-16-10, 09:04 PM
hat rivalries? we've been in the big 12 for 14 years. I don't consider iowa state, kansas state, and mizzou to be rivals or any part of shared history. UT didnw't force NU to the east or CU to the west.

my school's rivalry history involves davey o'brien, doak walker, and sammy baugh. smu, tcu, the pony express

Okay, I'll bite. How does the Pony Express tie in with anything Texas?

WickerBill
06-16-10, 09:51 PM
U of Chicago most certainly means Northwestern in the above post.

Ankf00
06-16-10, 11:43 PM
Okay, I'll bite. How does the Pony Express tie in with anything Texas?
I present to you the Pony Express, the best that money could buy:
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/smu/graphics/footbl-moments/14_smu_ranked_2.jpg

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/topstories/stories/021410dnspodoak.3bdf28f.html

b/c UC was an original BigTen member they remain a member of CIC, an org of the Big Ten schools + UC where departments team up and submit joint bids for research grants. by teaming up diff dept's bring diff strengths to the bid for a given grant, results in a pretty good award rate, better than if every dept went at it on their own.

Ankf00
06-16-10, 11:45 PM
dp

dando
06-17-10, 12:06 PM

Except that NW was also listed.

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-17-10, 10:19 PM
I don't know. They may be the favorite in their first year, what with U$C sanctions and Oregon's various problems. Go Utes!

did you say "utes?"

uh, what is a "ute?"

Al Czervik
06-17-10, 10:38 PM

I like pulling peoples chains w/ the U of C as a Big Ten (+2) member.

The Big Ten (+2) is the athletic conference of the CIC. In the grand scheme of things, that doesn't mean a whole lot. I guess that gives the illusion of some grand academic cohesive something or other.

Don Quixote
06-17-10, 10:52 PM
did you say "utes?"

uh, what is a "ute?"

:D

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/MyCousinVinny3c.JPG

Ankf00
07-08-10, 06:03 PM
so upon hearing news today that Grant Teaff, head of AFCA, is excluding U$C from the Coaches Poll this year due to major probation & bowl ban, I got to reading an old thread. I'm going to sprain my arm and give myself a pat on the back for my clairvoyance :D

http://offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=168646&postcount=24

since when is "bashing" defined as a detailed catalogue of events? I believe "exposed" would be the better word here, and if Coach McNair knew about it, prepare to burn.

U$C. Where Champion$hip$ Re$ult.

:laugh:

it's a quality thread! http://offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11511&highlight=carroll

hi coolhand. :wave:

Ankf00
08-26-10, 03:39 PM
1 more week, mofo's

dando
08-26-10, 03:54 PM
1 more week, mofo's

Thank goodness. I'm tiring of discussing games from 50 years ago with Wiley Quixote. :gomer: :p

Oh and F Jim Delany. :saywhat: :irked: :mad: :flame: x11

-Kevin

Don Quixote
08-26-10, 04:00 PM
1 more week, mofo's

This many days left:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/0108/ncf_ginnjr_195.jpg

Don Quixote
08-26-10, 04:02 PM
Thank goodness. I'm tiring of discussing games from 50 years ago with Wiley Quixote. :gomer: :p
-Kevin
I can't help it, my short term memory is shot. :D

Ankf00
08-26-10, 04:02 PM
we just inked a 4 year w/ ND, an extra 2 w/ BYU, and espn twitter says home n home w/ usc for '17/'18 fresh off of probation :D

maryland, cal '14/'15, ucla h&h this year, ole miss h&h next year

this decade's gonna suck alot less OOC-wise than last year

Don Quixote
08-26-10, 04:32 PM
Hey youngster, don't you have a test to study for? :p

Ankf00
08-26-10, 05:22 PM
studying's made me 80th percentile dumb, so i'm reverting to the norm, beer. srsly. :gomer:

dando
08-26-10, 07:09 PM
studying's made me 80th percentile dumb, so i'm reverting to the norm, beer. srsly. :gomer:

Look on the bright side....VY set the bar. Just don't trip over it. :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-26-10, 07:23 PM
even worse, that 80th percentile includes nascar and tOSU fans!

my homie
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/magazine/specials/2000s/12/03/quotes/allen-iverson.jpg

dando
08-26-10, 08:03 PM
even worse, that 80th percentile includes nascar and tOSU fans!

my homie
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/magazine/specials/2000s/12/03/quotes/allen-iverson.jpg

Practice? Are we talking about practice?!? :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
08-26-10, 08:14 PM
exOxUAntx8I

dando
08-26-10, 08:22 PM
exOxUAntx8I

Don't be dissin' my man TO, yo. :gomer:

-Kevin