PDA

View Full Version : Gametime - NFL 2010 / 2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

dando
09-27-10, 08:54 AM
Palmer was pretty bad today. Pressure and the weather had something to do with it, but there were still too many just plain bad decisions and bad throws.

On the bright side, Gresham is a monster and Shipley is always in the right place. So Palmer has someplace to go when the the Dynamic Duo are doubled up. If he can hit the target.

50/50 odds on whether he would hit water falling out of a boat. :saywhat: The radio guys gave it to him pretty good yesterday. I'll grant the weather was an issue early, but it stopped raining in the second half if not earlier in the game. Gresh and Ship are the best picks since Rey Rey, which make up for the gaffes picking Simpson and Smith. :irked:

-Kevin

dando
09-27-10, 09:44 AM
Predicting Giants will do OK.

Ummmm.... :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
09-27-10, 09:45 AM
Garrett Hartley has one more game before he's cut.

How did he make it to game 3? :saywhat:

-Kevin

Elmo T
09-27-10, 09:54 AM
I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed Kolb's air time. :rolleyes:

Lots of camera action for Eagles backup Kolb on sideline (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100927_Gonzo___Eagles_starting_quarterback_Kevin _Kolb__R_I_P_.html)

Best Eagles read of the morning...

Eagles starting quarterback Kevin Kolb, R.I.P. (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100927_Gonzo___Eagles_starting_quarterback_Kevin _Kolb__R_I_P_.html)

Eagles starting quarterback Kevin Kolb - who grew from humble, hog-hunting roots into a man anointed by Andy Reid and the organization as the heir to a kingdom with no crown - is dead. He passed away not long after executing his duties as team leader and the face of the franchise for less than a half of one football game.

He is survived by anger, betrayal, pity, and doubt, as well as his immediate relative, Eagles backup quarterback Kevin Kolb - a man who bears a striking resemblance to his kin but who recently suffered a horrible setback in life that left him cut off at the knees.

TKGAngel
09-27-10, 12:40 PM
The Bills just released Captain Checkdown. I wonder who they're going to bring on to act as 3rd QB?

dando
09-27-10, 01:02 PM
The Bills just released Captain Checkdown. I wonder who they're going to bring on to act as 3rd QB?

$10 it's T. Smith.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
09-28-10, 02:24 PM
$10 it's T. Smith.

-Kevin

If by T. Smith, you mean Bad Bad Levi Brown (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-re-sign-QB-Brown/97ff64aa-a25c-4fcb-a143-8bea532f1bef), then we have a winner.

dando
09-29-10, 11:47 AM
If by T. Smith, you mean Bad Bad Levi Brown (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-re-sign-QB-Brown/97ff64aa-a25c-4fcb-a143-8bea532f1bef), then we have a winner.

Surprising no one has picked up Troy. He would have been the starter before Flacco had he not taken ill in preseason. Dude is VY, Jr. :gomer:

In other news, buh-bye Hartley:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5627261

NEW ORLEANS -- Veteran kicker John Carney is returning to the New Orleans Saints.

Carney's agent, Jack Mills, confirmed in an e-mail Tuesday to The Associated Press that his client would be signing a contract with his former team. The deal is for one year, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Carney, who is 46, worked out for the Saints Tuesday after starting kicker Garrett Hartley missed a 29-yard field goal in overtime Sunday that would have given the Saints a 27-24 win over the Atlanta Falcons.

-Kevin

nrc
10-02-10, 10:39 PM
Battle of Ohio. Get your popcorn ready!

-Q5hunYOzRA

This is it. Breakout game. (Trying to stay positive). :\

dando
10-03-10, 10:09 AM
This is it. Breakout game. (Trying to stay positive). :\

One word: Nuuuuge. :gomer:

I just hope this is more exciting that Tresselball yesterday. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-03-10, 03:04 PM
This is it. Breakout game.

It is...for the Clowns. :irked:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-03-10, 04:06 PM
http://www.nationalsportsbeat.com/images/logos/nfl/Cleveland_Browns_Helmet.jpg

dando
10-03-10, 04:23 PM
http://www.nationalsportsbeat.com/images/logos/nfl/Cleveland_Browns_Helmet.jpg

Adams should bend over and grab his ankles now. The league office is going to come calling soon. Not only did he hit Ship shoulder to head in the end zone, he hit Ocho shoulder to head the very next series. :saywhat: What a dumb ass. :shakehead Oh, and Eric Wright, your new name is Toast. Quit yapping and start playing is my advice. Lastly, the PF call before the end of the half...srsly? Keep making calls like that and the league will become the No Football League. Jack Tatum and Night Train Lane are rolling in their graves. :shakehead

Anyway, tough game. I actually predicted a Cleveburg W to another group of friends. Apparently CP felt the same way and decided to be generous. :saywhat: No excuses, the Bungles OL sucks like Lake Erie water. :gomer:

Can I :shakehead a few more times? :irked:

-Kevin

STD
10-03-10, 05:40 PM

Trade for Tyler Thigpen. :laugh:

nrc
10-03-10, 05:43 PM
No whining. The Browns fought hard and won. The Bengals lost because they gave up two turn-overs in their own end and allowed a field goal to get blocked.

The bright side for Bengals fans is that it actually was a breakout game for T.O. and Palmer was sharp passing, even though he made a couple of critical mistakes handling the ball.

Yes, there were some really bad calls in the game. But you can't blame those for the loss when the Bengals didn't take care of what was in their control.

dando
10-03-10, 06:22 PM
No whining. The Browns fought hard and won. The Bengals lost because they gave up two turn-overs in their own end and allowed a field goal to get blocked.

The bright side for Bengals fans is that it actually was a breakout game for T.O. and Palmer was sharp passing, even though he made a couple of critical mistakes handling the ball.

Yes, there were some really bad calls in the game. But you can't blame those for the loss when the Bengals didn't take care of what was in their control.

Not whining, just sayin'. We were outplayed on both lines for sure. That's where the battle was won and lost. I'm just disgusted about the call on Ndukwe before halftime compared to the heinous hit Ship took. One was right, the other was bogus.

The first TO was in Clowns territory and resulted in a punt. The second resulted in the final difference. The blocked FG was a continuation of what happened last season in Cleveland. Also, TO's breakout game was against Eric Wright. We'll see if that continues. I listened to some of the Ken Brew show after the game, and he ranted about CP's preparedness between several plays. Also note: a 121 passer rating is not merited when you fumble the ball twice. :saywhat:

The bottom line is they played the first half like they did against the Pats and it was too late to rally in the second half. Congrats, Clowns. Enjoy the first of your 4 Ws this season. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
10-03-10, 06:53 PM
Not whining, just sayin'. We were outplayed on both lines for sure. That's where the battle was won and lost. I'm just disgusted about the call on Ndukwe before halftime compared to the heinous hit Ship took. One was right, the other was bogus.

Yes, in general the NFL has gone overboard on the roughing calls. When a defender is closing rapidly to make a play he can't defy physics and not hit the receiver hard. It's fair to say that they can't launch or go head-to-head but you can't expect them to try to pull up and risk missing the tackle entirely.

The hit on Shipley was late and to the head, so that's an entirely different matter.

Don Quixote
10-03-10, 07:14 PM
My team lost to the freaking Browns.
-Kevin fify
:rofl: :rofl:

dando
10-03-10, 08:02 PM
My fave team almost lost to the Illini.

:p :saywhat:

Dude, the Aints almost lost to the frigging Panthers @ home. Every game is a couple of plays from going either way. Parity. Love it or hate it.

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-03-10, 09:05 PM
Yes, in general the NFL has gone overboard on the roughing calls. When a defender is closing rapidly to make a play he can't defy physics and not hit the receiver hard. It's fair to say that they can't launch or go head-to-head but you can't expect them to try to pull up and risk missing the tackle entirely.

It seems to be a bit maddening with the "defenseless receiver" calls because you know if the guy caught the ball (and maybe even got their hands on it) there would be no penalty. It doesn't make sense that the rule is only enforced if the receiver doesn't touch the ball. It should be a penalty regardless if the hit is illegal.

Don Quixote
10-03-10, 09:59 PM
What is the record for most sacks in a game? Nine at halftime, we may be watching history being made. :D

extramundane
10-03-10, 10:18 PM
What is the record for most sacks in a game? Nine at halftime, we may be watching history being made. :D

I think they said 12 earlier. The record may be safe now that Cutler's yanked- it's just not as much fun knocking an old man around.

dando
10-03-10, 10:20 PM

Look away now. For the children. :D Besides, I thought you'd be dancing naked on your front lawn. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
10-03-10, 11:33 PM
Giants fans boo the kneel down, under one minute, up 17-3, after knocking two Bears QBs out of the game. Stay klassy, New Jersey. :shakehead :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

STD
10-04-10, 02:26 AM
Team record
5 way tie for 12 sacks each
Dallas Cowboys vs Pittsburgh Steelers (11/20/66)
St. Louis Cardinals vs Baltimore Colts (10/26/80)
Chicago Bears vs Detroit Lions (12/16/84)
Dallas Cowboys vs Houston Oilers (9/29/85)
New York Giants vs Philadelphia Eagles (9/30/07)

Individual record
Derrick Thomas 7 sacks vs Seattle 1990

extramundane
10-04-10, 11:57 AM
Giants fans boo the kneel down, under one minute, up 17-3, after knocking two Bears QBs out of the game. Stay klassy, New Jersey. :shakehead :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

Someone had to, what with Iggles fans showing a rare, albeit brief, moment of respect to McNabb. I'm still convinced that threw off the earth's rotation a bit.

Insomniac
10-06-10, 09:21 AM
The Patriots are giving away their best WR. Get in line quick. I don't know what they're thinking. They want Welker in double coverage the whole game?

dando
10-06-10, 09:26 AM
The Patriots are giving away their best WR. Get in line quick. I don't know what they're thinking. They want Welker in double coverage the whole game?

I don't get it. Obviously he pizzled off Bellyache. :confused: I guess y'all are going to depend on scoring 3 TDs on special teams/game. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-06-10, 09:30 AM
Typical Patriots, IMO. They know they don't intend to re-sign him in the offseason, so they get something (draft picks) for him now. The only thing it says to me is that they know they can't win the title this season. I think we all knew that.

dando
10-06-10, 09:35 AM
Typical Patriots, IMO. They know they don't intend to re-sign him in the offseason, so they get something (draft picks) for him now. The only thing it says to me is that they know they can't win the title this season. I think we all knew that.

But only a 3rd round pick? :confused: Better than nothing, but me thinks he really pizzled off Bellyache and perhaps King Brady.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-06-10, 10:07 AM
I don't think taking Moss off the roster makes the Pats any more or less of a contender. If you want to play for BB, you have to toe the line, including not complaining at press conferences after a win that you didn't get enough touches. Everybody knows what the deal is.

dando
10-06-10, 11:11 AM
I don't think taking Moss off the roster makes the Pats any more or less of a contender.

:confused: Must be the altitude affecting your brain cells (insane in the membrane!). w/o Moss, the Pats are like the Bungles last season when TJ left and Ocho was the only veteran receiver (well, they did have a WR with really, really short arms named Coles, tho :saywhat:). IMO. Altho, Brady is significantly better than CP, and I hear he can walk on water and does not cast a shadow. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-06-10, 11:40 AM
I disagree grasshopper. Moss's positives on the field are counter-balanced by his negatives in the locker room. BB's heavy handed approach and team first mentality seems to work in the win loss column. Your example of the striped pajamas is laughable, even with TO and Ocho the Bungles can't even beat the Browns with arguably the worst secondary in the history of football at any level. :p

Don Quixote
10-06-10, 11:44 AM
Oh Chop...... Looks like your boy Cutler is ready to go for Sunday. :D

Insomniac
10-06-10, 11:50 AM
I don't get it. Obviously he pizzled off Bellyache. :confused: I guess y'all are going to depend on scoring 3 TDs on special teams/game. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

I think the plan all year was the young defense would get better. The other half of that was the offense would be top notch. I'm not a scout, but it sure seemed like everyone said Moss took 1.5 to 2 guys to cover. Even if he is dogging it, if he goes deep, 2 guys are on him.

Sure his numbers are low so far this year, but we're 4 weeks in. Moss has been killing defenses for over 10 years. Now who do they rely on? There are 12 more games to find out I guess.

Today, this doesn't seem like a move that helps the offense. Whatever he was doing behind the scenes, must've been pretty bad.

Insomniac
10-06-10, 11:55 AM

I agree with the philosophy to get something for a guy who won't be back, but when they traded Richard Seymour, Belichick said they got significant compensation for a significant player. Moss is a significant player, but they didn't get significant compensation. There is another aspect to this. Also, my guess is once the news leaked last night, they had reached the point of no return. Probably hurt the leverage for the Patriots.

Also, there is no way they are giving up or even thinking they can't win. That mentality isn't anywhere in Belichick's or Brady's mind. It's only week 5, only one team is undefeated. This is a very open season.

dando
10-06-10, 12:31 PM
I disagree grasshopper. Moss's positives on the field are counter-balanced by his negatives in the locker room. BB's heavy handed approach and team first mentality seems to work in the win loss column. Your example of the striped pajamas is laughable, even with TO and Ocho the Bungles can't even beat the Browns with arguably the worst secondary in the history of football at any level. :p

Dude, a BAD CP torched the Browns, but 2 TOs (not that TO, 2 CP fumbles) and a blocked FG == loss. Plus, the Clowns had 4 sacks to 1 for the Bungles, and I'm willing to be the penalty yardage was higher for Cincy.There really aren't any dumpster fire (did I just use Herdspeak? :saywhat:) teams this season (except maybe SF if Singletary drops his pants again). Keep in mind that Cincy had two close games with the Clowns last season, including OT in the first game (same week, IIRC). Moss made teams double cover him, which opened up Welker, et al. Plus the fact that the Pats have a suspect running game doesn't help this make any more sense. And any moron knows that UM has the worst pass defense than *any* team this season. :gomer: BTW, the Clowns pass D is 25th of 32. Dork. :p

-Kevin

TKGAngel
10-06-10, 12:36 PM
I hear he can walk on water and does not cast a shadow. :gomer:

-Kevin

But alas and alack he appears to lack the bits to tell the Mrs to go pound rock salt and let him get a damn haircut.

And please let the good people of Seattle know that Beast Mode is on his way there, so they should exercise caution in crosswalks at all times.

Don Quixote
10-06-10, 12:48 PM
And any moron knows that UM has the worst pass defense than *any* team this season. Maybe, but I doubt if Eric Wright could make many D1 rosters. :\

Andrew Longman
10-06-10, 12:52 PM
I disagree grasshopper. Moss's positives on the field are counter-balanced by his negatives in the locker room. BB's heavy handed approach and team first mentality seems to work in the win loss column. Your example of the striped pajamas is laughable, even with TO and Ocho the Bungles can't even beat the Browns with arguably the worst secondary in the history of football at any level. :pAgreed. BB is removing a cancer on the team that we all thought would metastasize the moment he walked in the locker room. Surprisingly he was a net positive for a few years but it is time to go the moment BB decides Moss is not "coachable". That time is now.

Maybe with Farve Moss can get all feel goody again.

dando
10-06-10, 02:18 PM
Agreed. BB is removing a cancer on the team that we all thought would metastasize the moment he walked in the locker room. Surprisingly he was a net positive for a few years but it is time to go the moment BB decides Moss is not "coachable". That time is now.

Agreed that it's addition by subtraction (much what like could have happened in Cincy before last season, but that situation worked itself out). One problem is that the Pats don't have a strong running game (after also trading away another problem child in Maronney and then losing Faulk for the season). Another problem is that WRs don't usually contribute right away. It usually takes a couple of seasons for WRs to become productive. So BB is sitting on a pile of draft picks with an aging QB and OL. But hey, I'm not losing any sleep over it. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
10-06-10, 02:40 PM
Looks like a dispute with the QB coach/play caller was the final straw.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5655198

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-06-10, 06:42 PM
Agreed that it's addition by subtraction (much what like could have happened in Cincy before last season, but that situation worked itself out). One problem is that the Pats don't have a strong running game (after also trading away another problem child in Maronney and then losing Faulk for the season). Another problem is that WRs don't usually contribute right away. It usually takes a couple of seasons for WRs to become productive. So BB is sitting on a pile of draft picks with an aging QB and OL. But hey, I'm not losing any sleep over it. :gomer:

-Kevin

Aaron Hernandez!

dando
10-06-10, 07:14 PM
Aaron Hernandez!

Is not a WR. :gomer: I dunno why but top level pick TEs tend to catch on quicker...perhaps because they are mainly covered by LBs??? Bavaro, Fasano, Clark, Gates, Coates, Gonzalez, Utecht....and now Gresh and Hernandez. Block, run, catch pass. :confused:

I'm not saying the Pats are out of bullets (especially w/Brady @ QB), but it will be more challenging w/o Moss (or similar threat). As mentioned previously, see Cincy last season w/o TJ and losing Henry early in the season.

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-07-10, 09:26 AM
Is not a WR. :gomer: I dunno why but top level pick TEs tend to catch on quicker...perhaps because they are mainly covered by LBs??? Bavaro, Fasano, Clark, Gates, Coates, Gonzalez, Utecht....and now Gresh and Hernandez. Block, run, catch pass. :confused:

He's not a typical Patriots TE either. He actually can catch passes and lines up as a WR. :)

dando
10-07-10, 09:46 AM
He's not a typical Patriots TE either. He actually can catch passes and lines up as a WR. :)

Gresh can do both as well. Unfortunately he can't block. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-07-10, 02:31 PM
Oh Chop...... Looks like your boy Cutler is ready to go for Sunday. :D

Nope. Time for the Herb Williams of the NFL to start for like the 4th time in his 20 year career. :saywhat:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=5658555

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-07-10, 09:27 PM
Randy Moss in Minnesota was always a guilty pleasure for me. I liked almost everything about him, from the faux moon to the "straight cash homey" to the otherworldly talent. Then he went to Oakland, and I'm contractually bound to not root for him there. Then he went to NE, and I am not allowed to root for him there, either. Now, back to Minnesota, where his success means success for Summer's Eve, too.

I want to enjoy Randy Moss again, darnit!!

dando
10-07-10, 09:56 PM
Randy Moss in Minnesota was always a guilty pleasure for me. I liked almost everything about him, from the faux moon to the "straight cash homey" to the otherworldly talent. Then he went to Oakland, and I'm contractually bound to not root for him there. Then he went to NE, and I am not allowed to root for him there, either. Now, back to Minnesota, where his success means success for Summer's Eve, too.

I want to enjoy Randy Moss again, darnit!!

Go Farve! :p

BTW, it's not a coincidence that Moss only had real success with talent surrounding him (Carter in Minnie and Welker in NE)...once Welker went down last season, he checked out. In left coast Detroit, he had nothing around him and was a dumpster fire (damn, did I just Herdspeak again?!?).

-Kevin

BarillaGirl
10-07-10, 10:00 PM

-Kevin

Yes, go, Favre --- go far, far, far away.

Actually, this is a good thing for Wisconsin: Favre-related drama we're not paying for.

dando
10-07-10, 10:05 PM
Yes, go, Favre --- go far, far, far away.

Actually, this is a good thing for Wisconsin: Favre-related drama we're not paying for.

With the rate the Pack's D is dropping like flies....you will. ;)

-Kevin

dando
10-08-10, 11:32 AM
E$PN reports that the Pats are in discussions with the Bolts about Vincent Jackson. Replace a headache with a headache. :confused: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-09-10, 10:38 AM

BTW, it's not a coincidence that Moss only had real success with talent surrounding him (Carter in Minnie and Welker in NE)...once Welker went down last season, he checked out. In left coast Detroit, he had nothing around him and was a dumpster fire (damn, did I just Herdspeak again?!?).

-Kevin

He checked out for 2 games? I didn't see that at all. Baltimore steam rolled the Patriots in the playoffs and none of the interceptions Brady threw were on balls thrown to Moss.

Statistically, Moss hasn't shown up big in the play-offs, but that's against the best teams knowing who they have to stop from beating them.

Insomniac
10-09-10, 10:42 AM
E$PN reports that the Pats are in discussions with the Bolts about Vincent Jackson. Replace a headache with a headache. :confused: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Never happening. The Patriots aren't going to give up the compensation (rumored to be a 1 and 2 for an AFC team) to either have him for 9 - 10 games or the big money to sign him long term without having any idea how he'd do in their system. Plus he's one strike away from a 1 year suspension.

Even the Deion Branch talk, I doubt it happens, They aren't paying him $6M and I doubt he'd take a pay cut because Seattle isn't about to just cut him.

NismoZ
10-09-10, 01:24 PM
Speaking of Favre...looks like the lamestream media has caught up with things. NFL wants to look at the dirty pictures, talk to the poor innocent babes he talked dirty to and maybe punish him for violating the personal conduct code, even if no laws were broken. His wife may have more sanctions in mind.

Methanolandbrats
10-09-10, 03:25 PM
Speaking of Favre...looks like the lamestream media has caught up with things. NFL wants to look at the dirty pictures, talk to the poor innocent babes he talked dirty to and maybe punish him for violating the personal conduct code, even if no laws were broken. His wife may have more sanctions in mind.

The wife is the only one who can positively identify the suspect.

stroker
10-09-10, 03:46 PM

Glad he was out of Green Bay for that...

Insomniac
10-09-10, 06:23 PM

She hasn't publicly done anything yet. I also don't think anything will happen to him unless a suit is filed. The NFL will investigate, Favre will retire and that will be the last we ever hear of it.

WickerBill
10-09-10, 11:12 PM
Favre will retire

http://blog.kanojo.de/files/2009/12/awesome.gif

TKGAngel
10-10-10, 12:58 PM
Supposedly Moss & Brady nearly came to blows over personal grooming (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/10/report-moss-brady-had-to-be-separated-in-locker-room/).

Insomniac
10-10-10, 04:30 PM
Supposedly Moss & Brady nearly came to blows over personal grooming (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/10/report-moss-brady-had-to-be-separated-in-locker-room/).

That can't be true. (At least I hope Brady didn't start a fight with Moss over personal appearance.)

nrc
10-10-10, 05:29 PM
So the Bengals' season is officially over. Carson Palmer has fallen off a cliff and he can't get up. I've tried to hold out hope that he would get himself right but he's fallen off a cliff and he can't get up.

Everything is probably going to change next year anyway so it's as good a time as any to start a transition phase. Nothing is going to happen until the Lewis contract situation is settled, but step one is to dump Carson's useless kid brother and draft a potential QB of the future in the 2nd or 3rd round.

:mad:

Insomniac
10-10-10, 05:32 PM
So the Bengals' season is officially over. Carson Palmer has fallen off a cliff and he can't get up. I've tried to hold out hope that he would get himself right but he's fallen off a cliff and he can't get up.

Everything is probably going to change next year anyway so it's as good a time as any to start a transition phase. Nothing is going to happen until the Lewis contract situation is settled, but step one is to dump Carson's useless kid brother and draft a potential QB of the future in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Why are you targeting the 2nd or 3rd round? If Palmer is done, wouldn't you want a new QB for 2011?

dando
10-10-10, 05:48 PM

Agreed. Just glad I didn't have to witness the debacle in person. :saywhat: This is going to turn out to be a dumpster fire before the end of the season. :irked:

-Kevin

nrc
10-10-10, 05:50 PM
Why are you targeting the 2nd or 3rd round? If Palmer is done, wouldn't you want a new QB for 2011?

I don't see the Bengals spending first round QB money or starting a new QB next year. A rookie salary cap might make it possible, but Mike Brown doesn't give up on things that easily. The best we can hope for is someone that they can start developing next year.

TKGAngel
10-10-10, 06:16 PM
That can't be true. (At least I hope Brady didn't start a fight with Moss over personal appearance.)

I never expected Farve to be the guy that would get busted for sending cell phone photos of his winkie, so stranger things have happened.

Today's Bills game goes as follows:
Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Owen.
Owen who?
Owen five. :D

chop456
10-11-10, 04:14 AM
Can we start a pool on what day Jerry Jones' head explodes? :thumbup:

WickerBill
10-11-10, 06:37 AM

He can't be sleeping well, thinking about all of the money he has invested in this team and watching it age and fail, fail and age.

I'm guessing, if they can stand each other, it'll be Gruden next season.

SteveH
10-11-10, 09:21 AM
I'm guessing, if they can stand each other, it'll be Gruden next season.

I'm in favor of anything that gets him off the tube.

Don Quixote
10-11-10, 09:26 AM
Owen five. :DI feel your pain, but I couldn't come up with a knock knock joke with the answer one-and-four.

STD
10-11-10, 12:48 PM

I hope it isn't too soon as I do so enjoy Cowboy misery. :D

Don Quixote
10-11-10, 06:07 PM
Dando informs me that Colt McCoy will get his first start against the Steelers this week. I think Jay Cutler's sack record of 9 in one half of football is in jeopardy. Show of hands for those who think he will make it all the way through the game.

Don Quixote
10-11-10, 06:09 PM
The best we can hope for is someone that they can start developing next year.Troy Smith. :gomer:

dando
10-11-10, 06:14 PM
Dando informs me that Colt McCoy will get his first start against the Steelers this week. I think Jay Cutler's sack record of 9 in one half of football is in jeopardy. Show of hands for those who think he will make it all the way through the game.

He was last heard uttering the words, "Feet don't fail me now!" :gomer: Unlike Cutler, McBoy can run. I'll guess 4 sacks and a broken something or other and Josh Cribbs (aka: Denard Robinson Sr.) as the emergency QB. :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-11-10, 06:25 PM
My guess is that the Steelers, knowing that he is an inexperienced rookie, will take pity on him, not hit him with multiple look zone blitzes, and stay back in coverage. :gomer: If McCoy lines up in the shotgun, and after taking the snap immediately throws the ball 10 yards out of bounds, he will only be sacked 5 times in the game. :D

cameraman
10-11-10, 08:04 PM
Well Ank tells us he has played the last four years with the worst offensive line in the world so he should be used to scrambling shouldn't he?

Don Quixote
10-11-10, 08:17 PM
Good point, but Ank is wrong. He now plays behind the worst O line in the world. :\

dando
10-11-10, 08:45 PM
Good point, but Ank is wrong. He now plays behind the worst O line in the world. :\

Can't be Joe Thomas is a pro bowler....Seneca Wallace told me as much. :gomer:

-Kevin

chop456
10-12-10, 02:54 AM
Purple Jeebus stinks the place up and looks like a God compared to Sanchez, who manages to win with a 59 QBR*. His avg. completion of 4.3 is almost a yard less than the avg YPC of their 2 RBs. :gomer:

As for Moss - 20 yard avg. on 4 rec. is pretty decent for G1.

*Which pales in comparison to Todd Collins' awesome stats/win on Sunday.

pchall
10-12-10, 06:57 AM
Purple Jeebus stinks the place up and looks like a God compared to Sanchez, who manages to win with a 59 QBR*. His avg. completion of 4.3 is almost a yard less than the avg YPC of their 2 RBs. :gomer:

Favre being Farve with just too much age on his body to actually win.

I wonder which sideline reporter he was texting between possessions?

Don Quixote
10-12-10, 10:11 AM

As for Moss - 20 yard avg. on 4 rec. is pretty decent for G1.

*Which pales in comparison to Todd Collins' awesome stats/win on Sunday.I had to look it up. Collins was 6 for 16, 32 yards, 2.0 yds per attempt, 0 tds, 4 ints, passer rating of 6.2. Six-freaking-point-two! The Bears will win the superbowl. Any team that can win with a qb performance that bad is destined for great things. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
10-12-10, 10:28 AM
Can we start a pool on what day Jerry Jones' head explodes? :thumbup:Trevor asked during the game why Phillips always looks confused. I thought it was a good observation I failed to make, though I would call it more "perplexed".

I'm wondering if he will last until the end of the season.

The thing is a team without natural talent can be coached to play better through discipline and better teamwork. They may not win a championship, but they can win more.

A team that fundamentally lacks character and discipline is not suddenly going to get it from a coach who never got it in the past. Some people need to be cut, benched, fined and otherwise woken up to realize they won't have a job unless they show character. The Boys ain't got it and it is too late for Phillips to ask for it. Given some of Jones' hires, I doubt he is very credible about demanding it either.

This is fun:)

dando
10-12-10, 11:38 AM
Favre 4 TDs against the Jets' D. :thumbup: :gomer:

-Kevin

extramundane
10-14-10, 10:08 AM
Apparently WB attended Vikings practice this week...

lDk_i6i16t0

Easy
10-14-10, 06:58 PM
I had to look it up. Collins was 6 for 16, 32 yards, 2.0 yds per attempt, 0 tds, 4 ints, passer rating of 6.2. Six-freaking-point-two! The Bears will win the superbowl. Any team that can win with a qb performance that bad is destined for great things. :thumbup:

That win may be more a product of playing a team who's owner wants them to be even worse than they currently are.

But holy mother of whatever, Julius Peppers is a maniac.

Gnam
10-15-10, 04:45 PM
Niners - Raiders 1pm PST

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9829/01160620evacuation20sig.jpg

dando
10-15-10, 04:49 PM
Niners - Raiders 1pm PST

The Fuster Cluck Bowl...will Cable beat a coach first or will Dingleberry drop his pants first? :gomer:

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-17-10, 04:16 PM
Considering how badly the media thought Pittsburgh was going to destroy McCoy, 23-33 for 281 and a TD against the Steelers' D ain't a bad first game.

Don Quixote
10-17-10, 05:15 PM
Considering how badly the media thought Pittsburgh was going to destroy McCoy, 23-33 for 281 and a TD against the Steelers' D ain't a bad first game.I (of course) didn't see the game, but I have to admit I am shocked at those numbers. I figured he would get knocked out of the game by blitzing Steeler thugs. So maybe the Browns do have a future.

dando
10-17-10, 06:05 PM
Considering how badly the media thought Pittsburgh was going to destroy McCoy, 23-33 for 281 and a TD against the Steelers' D ain't a bad first game.

Ummm, not to be a h8r :gomer:...but you failed to mention 2 INTs and the TD came in garbage time towards the end of the game. That being said, an 80.5 passer rating ain't bad, but I wonder how he would fair a second time through since the Stealers didn't have much to prep on in short notice. Also, he did manage to complete passes longer than 10 yards unlike Brady Queen. :gomer:

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-17-10, 06:12 PM
4 minutes to go to cut the lead to 11 is garbage time? Wow. Hater.

dando
10-17-10, 07:21 PM
4 minutes to go to cut the lead to 11 is garbage time? Wow. Hater.

Just like your love for Favre. :gomer: I gave him some love, but I ain't buying yet. Check the PBP, almost 1/2 his yards came in the last half of the 4th quarter. YMMV. :shakehead

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-17-10, 08:55 PM
4 minutes to go to cut the lead to 11 is garbage time? Wow. Hater.Hater boy is just jealous that the Brownies have a better QB than the Bungles. :laugh:

WickerBill
10-17-10, 09:24 PM
Let's not forget Seneca Wallace. The Browns have 2 QBs better than Palmer.

nrc
10-17-10, 11:43 PM
So far this season, all but six or seven teams have quarterbacks better than Carson Palmer. That's not something anyone should strain a muscle patting themselves on that back over at this stage.

As for McCoy, he did a good job for a rookie in his first start on the road against the Steelers. While I wouldn't call his score at the end of the game "garbage time", it looked to me like the Steelers were playing it pretty conservative at that point. I didn't see the kind of pressure that they would normally bring.

Insomniac
10-18-10, 09:12 AM
That being said, an 80.5 passer rating ain't bad, but I wonder how he would fair a second time through since the Stealers didn't have much to prep on in short notice.

The Steelers aren't really a game plan team.

Don Quixote
10-18-10, 09:35 AM
So far this season, all but six or seven teams have quarterbacks better than Carson Palmer. That's not something anyone should strain a muscle patting themselves on that back over at this stage.
Since all of our respective teams are in the crapper already this year, we should all be given a pass for childish back and forth sniping for the rest of the season.

Don Quixote
10-18-10, 09:37 AM
The Steelers aren't really a game plan team.I see their game planning as similar to throwing raw steaks into a tiger cage.

Don Quixote
10-18-10, 09:39 AM
an 80.5 passer rating ain't bad Think how high his QB rating would have been if he had the Bungles wide receivers to throw to. :p :D

dando
10-19-10, 09:15 AM
Think how high his QB rating would have been if he had any conscious wide receivers to throw to. :p :D

Fixed. :saywhat:

OK, so Greenie & Golic have been going @ it pretty hard the past two days on the subject of head shots in the NFL. What's everyone's take on the hits this past weekend? I'm thinking Merriweather's was the only hit that deserves a possible suspension under the new rules being released today. Harrison's hit on Massaquoi was borderline.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5701512

I don't want to see the NFL go the way of racing in the US, but the head hunting has got to stop.

-Kevin