PDA

View Full Version : Gametime - NFL 2010 / 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

TKGAngel
11-01-10, 03:07 PM
I believe CNN has called the Bills the best 0-7 team that has ever played. Way to call us the tallest dwarf.

And the Vikes have apparently waived Randy Moss.

Don Quixote
11-01-10, 03:18 PM
And the Vikes have apparently waived Randy Moss.What did Moss do?

extramundane
11-01-10, 03:26 PM
What did Moss do?

Trashed Minnesota's strategy and coaching during the post-game presser yesterday. Wearing a Red Sox hat while praising the Pats & verbally fellating Belichick probably didn't help either.

Also, I believe Buffalo is first in the waiver priority. Perhaps the best 0-7 team ever can be an EVEN BETTER 0-8?

Insomniac
11-01-10, 03:44 PM
Funny thing is, during his press conf after the Week 1 game, he was wearing a SF Giants hat.

His press conference yesterday was really crazy. I feel bad for him in the sense that he really doesn't want to talk and we see what the outcomes are almost every time he does. Last year it was you can put the weight of the world on my shoulders, then this year they've been disasters. He speaks way too freely.

Pats won't put a waiver claim in since they're #32. They could make an offer if he actually cleared waivers. Part of me thinks he will (getting traded and then cut in a month would seem to make everyone hesitant), but it's the NFL, it just takes one team.

Yesterday, it looked like he really regretted forcing his way out of New England.

dando
11-01-10, 04:09 PM
Moss waived. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5752939)

:eek:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
11-01-10, 04:16 PM
TO, Ocho and Moss on the same team. Make it happen! :thumbup::thumbup:

Insomniac
11-01-10, 04:24 PM
Various league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets and even the Patriots are among the teams possibly interested in claiming Moss.

I like how "ESPN NFL Insider" is a title now.

Don Quixote
11-01-10, 04:42 PM
So, there is your list of teams that believe that team chemistry is not important. :gomer:

dando
11-01-10, 05:00 PM
I believe CNN has called the Bills the best 0-7 team that has ever played. Way to call us the tallest dwarf.

Knock, knock... :gomer:

Actually The Turd mentioned that this AM as well. Congrats. :p

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-01-10, 05:20 PM
So, there is your list of teams that believe that team chemistry is not important. :gomer:

That's just about right. MN decided that Favre gives them enough drama. Even told Moss to find his own way home from Boston. Would not take him on team charter.

Despite your list, can I hope that the era of the prima donna WR is about over? It seems a number of teams are doing just fine with capable WRs who understand this is a team sport and blocking and tackling, not just circus catches and showboating, are parts of the sport too.

Moss looked terrible yesterday. Almost seemed as if he didn't want to try because that way failing in front of NE fans wouldn't be so hard to take.

chop456
11-02-10, 01:47 AM
49ers 2-6
Buffalo 0-7
Browns 2-5
Bungles 2-5
Denver 2-6
Cowboys 1-6
Vikings 2-5
Detroit 2-6
Carolina 1-6

Misery loves company. :p

Lions > Cowboys = :laugh:

WickerBill
11-02-10, 06:12 AM
Lions > Cowboys = :laugh:

I don't think that's a fluke, either. I think the Lions would beat the boys by 21. Cowboys are playing for a paycheck, the Lions are playing with heart.

(/Wizard of Oz)

extramundane
11-02-10, 01:55 PM
Is Jamarcus Russell available?
:eek:

Maybe not (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/11/former-raiders-quarterback-jamarcus-russell-works-out-for-redskins.html).

Former No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell, who was cut by the Oakland Raiders during the offseason after three lackluster seasons, worked out for the Redskins on Tuesday.

This makes perfect sense. :saywhat:

chop456
11-03-10, 01:09 AM
I believe CNN has called the Bills the best 0-7 team that has ever played.

I predict the Bills will bust their cherry this weekend.

Against the NFL's last-ranked run defense, I'm sure Martz will call 60 pass plays. :gomer:

WickerBill
11-03-10, 05:46 PM
tmJcUlrkMNg

Insomniac
11-03-10, 06:50 PM
Titans claim Moss. Only team to try, so this could be his last shot.

The more I think about it, Moss is in a tough spot in his career. He has enough to demand double coverage, but he can't beat it anymore. It's going to be hard to get paid like a top WR without the numbers or to simply make it easier for everyone else.

Can he change his game at this point to run more routes? I don't think he can simply be a decoy and be happy (no matter how helpful it is).

Ankf00
11-05-10, 02:32 PM
Vince + Eli > all you bitches. :tony:

Don Quixote
11-07-10, 07:28 PM
How 'bout them Brownies and that solid thumping of Brady and the Pats!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Best 3-5 team in the NFL! :gomer: Mangini gets gatoraide dumped on him for a regular season game. Reminds me of the Meatchicken fans storming the field Saturday after giving up 65 point to the Illini. :gomer: :gomer:

nrc
11-07-10, 07:35 PM
Congrats to the Browns on another impressive win. Hillis is a beast. I really didn't expect him to make it this far into the season with the punishment he was both giving and taking.

dando
11-07-10, 07:43 PM
How 'bout them Brownies and that solid thumping of Brady and the Pats!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Best 3-5 team in the NFL! :gomer: Mangini gets gatoraide dumped on him for a regular season game. Reminds me of the Meatchicken fans storming the field Saturday after giving up 65 point to the Illini. :gomer: :gomer:

I thought you were 'working' all day. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
11-07-10, 07:50 PM
I believe CNN has called the Bills the best 0-8 team that has ever played. Way to call us the tallest dwarf.

And the Vikes have apparently waived Randy Moss.

Fixed.

Owen? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
11-07-10, 07:56 PM
How 'bout them Brownies and that solid thumping of Brady and the Pats!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Best 3-5 team in the NFL! :gomer:

You keep speaking of these tall dwarfs.... :gomer: Go back into the woods, hugger. :p

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
11-07-10, 08:54 PM
I wanna see Jerry Jones puke blood tonight.

TKGAngel
11-07-10, 09:08 PM
Fixed.

Owen? :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Every week, they find a new & creative way to lose. This week Lindell misses a PAT after making his last 321 in a row.

Between the Bills and the Sabres, the sporting angst level around here is at Buffcon1.

Don Quixote
11-07-10, 09:31 PM
Every week, they find a new & creative way to lose. This week Lindell misses a PAT after making his last 321 in a row.

Did he miss it wide right. Sorry. Ouch. You know I feel your pain. :D

Don Quixote
11-07-10, 09:37 PM
I thought you were 'working' all day. :gomer: :p
Two sons and a daughter texting me updates every 2 minutes. :D

Don Quixote
11-07-10, 10:41 PM
I wanna see Jerry Jones puke blood tonight.
Let the puking begin. 28-0.

chop456
11-08-10, 02:43 AM
:laugh:

Jerry = :tony:

TKGAngel
11-08-10, 09:56 AM
Did he miss it wide right. Sorry. Ouch. You know I feel your pain. :D

Heh. One of the Bears actually got a big paw on it and blocked it.

I'm glad to see that Collie has nothing more than a concussion after that nasty hit he took in Philly. And also kudos to the Philly fans for showing some class by respectfully applauding while he was being wheeled off on the stretcher.

dando
11-08-10, 10:11 AM
Favretastic! :gomer:

Glad to hear that Collie is OK. I feared the worst. That play shows the problem with the current rule the NFL is enforcing. Collie ducked his head into a head shot by Coleman. By rule maybe a penalty, but it was hardly intentional. If they fine Coleman for that hit it will be a disgrace.

-Kevin

dando
11-08-10, 10:12 AM
And also kudos to the Philly fans for showing some class by respectfully applauding while he was being wheeled off on the stretcher.

Yes, but they booed the call after he left the field. :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-08-10, 11:54 AM
I wanna see Jerry Jones puke blood tonight.Apparently you'll have to wait until next week in E Rutherford... But I'm having a hard time believing Wade will still be employed past about 2 pm today.

Garrett to finish the year as head coach is my prediction. They simply suck. They do things I yell at 10 year old pop warner players for doing. And some things like challenges and time outs which are totally the coaches job he screws up.

Insomniac
11-08-10, 12:04 PM

Great beat down on the Pats. The celebration was way over the top. The Patriots aren't what they once were. It's really not that big of a deal. Especially considering the majority of the people who were so over the top with it have won Super Bowls.

I can't believe the Jets made that come back.

Andrew Longman
11-08-10, 12:05 PM
:laugh:

Jerry = :tony:Ain't it true? I hate Jimmy Johnson, but that was about the last smart thing Jerry Jones did. Switzer IMO lived off the residue of Johnson. The history since then have been hacks and thugs and egos and mouths and not a lot of the real thing.

Andrew Longman
11-08-10, 12:11 PM
The celebration was way over the top.Well, we are talking about the Browns.

And McCoy looks like he might actually be the real deal.
I can't believe the Jets made that come back.Well, we are talking about the Lions.

The Lions who used a defensive end as a place kicker and who threw a pass (from a back up) on third down inside 2 minutes when they could have run 40 seconds off the clock with a run.

But talking about hype, how awful did the Vikings look? They were terrible. Farve was terrible. But OMG they came back and "their season is saved". Sorry, but if they win three games in the second half of the season it should be considered a success. Think about it. They beat Detroit, Dallas, and AZ. And none of the teams that beat them are any great shakes. Figure they win Buffalo (sorry TKG), WASH, and one of the CHI games. Maybe.

dando
11-08-10, 12:29 PM
I can't believe the Jets made that come back.

It was against the Lions. Srsly?

-Kevin

Insomniac
11-08-10, 02:47 PM
It was against the Lions. Srsly?

-Kevin

I know, I'm a sucker. I shouldn't say I can't believe it, but it was the final stomach punch after the Pats got killed.

dando
11-08-10, 03:37 PM
I know, I'm a sucker. I shouldn't say I can't believe it, but it was the final stomach punch after the Pats got killed.

Well, I will give you that I was shocked that Sanchez pulled that off. I'm not a Sanchez lover. The Lions are improved, but they shouldn't be able to hang with the J-E-T-S yet. Especially with Calvin Johnson getting shutdown (and killing my FFL team). :saywhat:

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-08-10, 07:09 PM
No more Wade Phillips. Until Buffalo hires him in February.

dando
11-08-10, 07:32 PM
No more Wade Phillips. Until Denver hires him in February.

Fixed. ;)

-Kevin

Don Quixote
11-08-10, 07:50 PM
While we are on the subject of Denver, I heard on the radio this morning that Peyton Hillis has more rushing yards and more rushing touchdowns than the entire Broncos offense. That trade worked out pretty well for the good guys. :thumbup:

Don Quixote
11-08-10, 07:52 PM
Fixed. ;)

-KevinYou might want to tread lightly, a certain team in southern Ohiya might be looking for a coach also. :p

stroker
11-08-10, 08:56 PM
Y'know, I hate the Cowboys. I really frikkin' hate 'em. But I like Wade Phillips. I feel bad for him. I hope the Green Bay crowd appreciates that it'll be another 40 years before we see another drubbing like that....

Methanolandbrats
11-08-10, 09:08 PM
Y'know, I hate the Cowboys. I really frikkin' hate 'em. But I like Wade Phillips. I feel bad for him. I hope the Green Bay crowd appreciates that it'll be another 40 years before we see another drubbing like that....

Packers get healthy next year, it might only be one more year :D

Andrew Longman
11-08-10, 09:49 PM
No more Wade Phillips. Until Buffalo hires him in February.Yup. I had him out by 2 pm. This was posted at 3:12 http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/11/08/wade-phillips-fired/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_sports.

As a NJ/Giant fan though, Princeton man Garrett will likely do a good job IMO and that's not good.

dando
11-08-10, 11:00 PM
You might want to tread lightly, a certain team in southern Ohiya might be looking for a coach also. :p

Looks @ tix for Miami (OH) game and thinks.....hmmmm. :p

-Kevin

BarillaGirl
11-09-10, 10:07 AM
Looks @ tix for Miami (OH) game and thinks.....hmmmm. :p

-Kevin

Do we have more Miami alums here than I suspected?

Don Quixote
11-09-10, 10:16 AM
Do we have more Miami alums here than I suspected?Perish the thought, we hate Miami. :D

dando
11-09-10, 11:15 AM
Do we have more Miami alums here than I suspected?

No, OSU alums. Windmill guy is headed here for The Game and I'm providing the duckets for The OSU vs. Miami hoops game the night before. Think Hangover II. :gomer:

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-09-10, 12:00 PM

:thumbup: I feel the same way. Wade coached Denver into his image (soft and complacent) after Reeves left, and he did the same for the Cowboys... but I still like him.

And the other point -- you won't see another drubbing like that until Green Bay plays Denver. The Broncos can give up points like nobody's business.

WickerBill
11-09-10, 12:04 PM
While we are on the subject of Denver, I heard on the radio this morning that Peyton Hillis has more rushing yards and more rushing touchdowns than the entire Broncos offense. That trade worked out pretty well for the good guys. :thumbup:

I'm down! I'm down! please stop kicking me

BarillaGirl
11-09-10, 12:37 PM
No, OSU alums. Windmill guy is headed here for The Game and I'm providing the duckets for The OSU vs. Miami hoops game the night before. Think Hangover II. :gomer:

-Kevin

I can see (part of) it now.

Don Quixote: OMG, there's a redhawk in the bathroom! :cry:
Dando: What the hell's a "redhawk"? :saywhat:

Don Quixote
11-09-10, 12:55 PM
I'm down! I'm down! please stop kicking meProposed truce: No more mention of Hillis in exchange for no more references to the drive, the fumble, red right 88, or Mr. Ed. Do we have a deal? :D

dando
11-09-10, 01:10 PM
I can see (part of) it now.

Don Quixote: OMG, there's a redhawk in the bathroom! :cry:
Dando: What the hell's a "redhawk"? :saywhat:

It's all fun and games until someone loses a tooth. ;) FYI, they'll always be Redskins to me. :)

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-09-10, 06:25 PM
Proposed truce: No more mention of Hillis in exchange for no more references to the drive, the fumble, red right 88, or Mr. Ed. Do we have a deal? :D

That isn't a fair deal. Your price is too high! En garde!

Euk3KmC48Ow

Don Quixote
11-09-10, 06:39 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Dang, I left Tim Couch off my list!

There's something I need to tell you. I am not left handed.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_fantasy_experts__35/ept_sports_fantasy_experts-904356334-1285901196.jpg?ymM.t2DDcxPr4iwz

dando
11-09-10, 08:50 PM
Banned.

:gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
11-11-10, 10:38 AM
Remember Dave Megget? Yeesh.
30 years in the hole (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5789655)

cameraman
11-11-10, 11:46 AM
It takes a special kind of stupid...

Don Quixote
11-12-10, 02:58 PM
More Bronco problems. DJ Williams, DUI #2. :shakehead
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=163063&catid=339

Andrew Longman
11-12-10, 05:12 PM
More Bronco problems. DJ Williams, DUI #2. :shakehead

After that, he said he realized he needed to get a designated driver whenever he went out partying, and the team provides drivers to its players but Williams didn't use one Friday.

Somehow that seems wrong. If a guy has a problem, should the team be enabling it?

Call me a prude but, especially in season, players should not be out partying beyond the point of being able to drive anyway.

In know, old school old fart. I'll be quiet.

Andrew Longman
11-12-10, 05:14 PM
Remember Dave Megget? Yeesh.
30 years in the hole (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5789655)IIRC correctly he also has umpteen kids by umpteen different women. That's where all his money went.

Shame. When Parcells was riding him he was able to keep his life in order.

chop456
11-12-10, 07:11 PM
He should have used Bam Morris' lawyer.

TKGAngel
11-12-10, 08:10 PM
Call me a prude but, especially in season, players should not be out partying beyond the point of being able to drive anyway.

Agreed, especially in this age of social media. One sloppy, sloppy night out on the town that might not result in an arrest could still lead you to a starring role on Deadspin thanks to a co-ed with a cell phone. (Saw it happen with a certain hockey player on my favorite team.)

I understand that these are big boys who are responsible for their own conduct, but I would hate to be reading an article like this (http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/top_sports/20101111_Pelle_Lindbergh_s_spirit_lives_on__25_yea rs_after_fatal_crash.html) about one of them years down the road.

Don Quixote
11-13-10, 01:21 PM
Call me a prude but, especially in season, players should not be out partying beyond the point of being able to drive anyway.I was able to find a copy of his bar tab. Interesting. :laugh: :laugh:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs985.snc4/75826_10100376759308200_7903909_65902084_5884568_n .jpg

Insomniac
11-13-10, 01:42 PM
Somehow that seems wrong. If a guy has a problem, should the team be enabling it?

The NFL actually has a program for all players. Call a number, someone will get you and also bring your car back home too. No questions asked and confidential. The purpose is to avoid drunk driving, which is why IMO, with this program the NFL has every right to come down hard on DUIs.

dando
11-14-10, 05:48 PM
Bungles 5 TOs, CP with 3 INTs. :shakehead Pathetic. :saywhat:

Browns Keystone Cops secondary on the winning play in OT. :laugh: :thumbup:

Bills Owen no more. :gomer:

Someone explain to me how they overturned the Dez Bryant reception, but not Calvin Johnson in week one? :shakehead :irked:

-Kevin

Insomniac
11-14-10, 07:07 PM
Bungles 5 TOs, CP with 3 INTs. :shakehead Pathetic. :saywhat:

Browns Keystone Cops secondary on the winning play in OT. :laugh: :thumbup:

Bills Owen no more. :gomer:

Someone explain to me how they overturned the Dez Bryant reception, but not Calvin Johnson in week one? :shakehead :irked:

-Kevin

And the Bengals still had a shot to win after recovering the onsides kick.

The Jets keep finding a way to win, I don't think it's only luck anymore. :(

I don't think the Bryant TD was in any way related to Megatron's TD. Megatron's was the whole going to the ground thing. In Bryant's I don't know what they saw that definitively showed he caught it. I mean, it certainly looked like he did, but I didn't see a clear angle showing it. A better comparison to Megatron's TD would be the one the Texans scored. Guy was going to the ground, on the ground and lost possession. How was that overturned into a TD?

dando
11-14-10, 07:55 PM
And the Bengals still had a shot to win after recovering the onsides kick.

The Jets keep finding a way to win, I don't think it's only luck anymore. :(

I don't think the Bryant TD was in any way related to Megatron's TD. Megatron's was the whole going to the ground thing. In Bryant's I don't know what they saw that definitively showed he caught it. I mean, it certainly looked like he did, but I didn't see a clear angle showing it. A better comparison to Megatron's TD would be the one the Texans scored. Guy was going to the ground, on the ground and lost possession. How was that overturned into a TD?

1. Yup. Plus they were gifted a 15 yard penalty on the onside KO. And then Gresh fumbled a couple of plays later. Didn't listen to the entire game (not on TeeVee here), but the first two TOs were a pick six and then a fumble on the first play of the following possession, resulting in a TD. :saywhat:

2. Sanchez was running around like Flutie Jr. to save his life, pulling passes out of his arse from the bits I watched. Dumb, dumb, dumb decisions @ the end of the OT by the Clowns. They should have knocked down the INT inside the 5 (give Cribbs a chance to return a punt), and then the play calling to throw the ball instead of pounding Hillis and accepting a tie. Dumb.

3. Didn't see the Texans play, so I can't compare that one. The CJ play was not exactly like the Dez catch, but it reversals were a contrast and I don't get why either was overturned.

And now the Nags putting 49 up on KC. :eek:

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
11-14-10, 08:58 PM
Eh, "recovering the onside kick" is a pretty diplomatic way to say the refs handed them the ball out of thin air for no particular reason. That was an absolutely terrible call. Garcon was both down by contact and had his forward progress completely stopped long before the ball came out of his hands. I don't understand why the NFL can't get calls in that situation correct, but they are atrocious at it.

Elsewhere, Jason Garrett ... Cowboys Head Coach for Life? :tony:

dando
11-14-10, 09:14 PM
Eh, "recovering the onside kick" is a pretty diplomatic way to say the refs handed them the ball out of thin air for no particular reason. That was an absolutely terrible call. Garcon was both down by contact and had his forward progress completely stopped long before the ball came out of his hands. I don't understand why the NFL can't get calls in that situation correct, but they are atrocious at it.

Homer. :gomer: :p It all depends on when the whistle blows. I haven't seen the play yet (again, it wasn't on here), so I can't comment on the officiating. In any case, it looks like we lost Nuuuuuge for the season:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/14/bengals-kicker-mike-nugent-likely-lost-for-season/

This team just has bad mojo this season.

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
11-14-10, 09:23 PM
Homer. :gomer: :p

Far from it. Not a Colts fan by even the wildest stretch of the imagination, despite holding season tickets -- I'll happily claim maybe the NFL's worst-ever 6-3 team, the 2010 Chicago Bears. :) Even the Bengals fans near me thought it was a lousy call.

If you're a Colts fan, though, having a giftwrapped 5 turnovers and only beating that team by 6 points should have you sweating bullets. It's been a long time since their offense looked so toothless on a consistent basis.

TKGAngel
11-14-10, 09:54 PM
Bills win. Of course, because of the stupid blackout rules (and the inability to find a working online stream), I couldn't see the game!

This team just has bad mojo this season.

And next week, you run headfirst into a team with probably ever worse juju this year.

dando
11-14-10, 10:17 PM
Bills win. Of course, because of the stupid blackout rules (and the inability to find a working online stream), I couldn't see the game!

And next week, you run headfirst into a team with probably ever worse juju since organized football started.

BTW, Sinclair and TWC have already started butting heads over a contract extension. :saywhat:

And I fixed your post. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

extramundane
11-14-10, 10:31 PM
Elsewhere, Jason Garrett ... Cowboys Head Coach for Life? :tony:

Late word out of Dallas is that Jerrah re-hired Wade Phillips tonight just so he can fire him again tomorrow.

TKGAngel
11-14-10, 10:33 PM
BTW, Sinclair and TWC have already started butting heads over a contract extension. :saywhat:

And I fixed your post. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Thanks for the post fixing. :p

And that's Sinclair that's messing with TWC? Interesting. I saw the "call TWC/switch your provider" messages during Glee this week but thought it was a Fox/TWC issue.

dando
11-14-10, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the post fixing. :p

And that's Sinclair that's messing with TWC? Interesting. I saw the "call TWC/switch your provider" messages during Glee this week but thought it was a Fox/TWC issue.

SBG own multiple outlets in many states/locales. Here they own the local ABC and Fox affiliates. You guys were mentioned, as well as Syracuse and Rottenchester among others. Wasn't the previous CBS outage up there related to TWC and SBG where TWC was offering rabbit ears? :saywhat:

-Kevin

nrc
11-15-10, 01:23 AM
Eh, "recovering the onside kick" is a pretty diplomatic way to say the refs handed them the ball out of thin air for no particular reason. That was an absolutely terrible call. Garcon was both down by contact and had his forward progress completely stopped long before the ball came out of his hands.

The last time you see the ball as everyone flies in his grip on the ball is tenuous at best and he's not down. While he probably did go down and then have it ripped away, there was no replay view that showed that he was down with possession. It wouldn't have been overturned even if it was something that could be challenged.

It was good to see Chad Johnson again. I hope he comes back full time and leaves Ocho Cinco in the locker room from now on.

Gnam
11-15-10, 02:51 AM
49ers try to lose...but FAIL!

Trailing by 4 late in the 4th quarter.
3rd and 32 from the 50 yard line.
4th and 18 from the 36.
1st and 10 from the 18.
Touchdown 49ers!

Fans holding PLAYOFFS signs in the crowd?
80°F and blue skies in November?

The end is near. :D:thumbup:

dando
11-15-10, 09:07 AM
49ers try to lose...but FAIL!

Trailing by 4 late in the 4th quarter.
3rd and 32 from the 50 yard line.
4th and 18 from the 36.
1st and 10 from the 18.
Touchdown 49ers!

Fans holding PLAYOFFS signs in the crowd?
80°F and blue skies in November?

The end is near. :D:thumbup:

You're welcome.

-T.Smith

:D

-Kevin

Insomniac
11-15-10, 12:02 PM
Dumb, dumb, dumb decisions @ the end of the OT by the Clowns. They should have knocked down the INT inside the 5 (give Cribbs a chance to return a punt), and then the play calling to throw the ball instead of pounding Hillis and accepting a tie. Dumb.

I think Cribbs was out of the game with an injury, but I get your point.

Speaking of knocking it down, didn't work so well for the Texans. :)

Insomniac
11-15-10, 12:04 PM

I'd say with 10 guys smashing into each other and a pile forming so fast, it's not that easy to see what is going on in the middle. They have to clearly see someone has it before the pile starts. After that, it's up for grabs. Garcon should've held onto it.

It was interesting that the play isn't reviewable.

Insomniac
11-15-10, 12:08 PM
Cleveland debacle, Pittsburgh beating. 2010 New England Patriots!

Giving up 3 TDs to the Steelers in the 4th quarter will let Belichick beat home 60 minutes vs the Colts next week.

extramundane
11-15-10, 07:02 PM
Dan Snyder re-takes the lead of the Inept Team Owner of the Year competition by signing Donovan McNabb to a 5-year, $78 million ($40mil guaranteed) extension. :saywhat:

dando
11-15-10, 10:35 PM
Dan Snyder re-takes the lead of the Inept Team Owner of the Year competition by signing Donovan McNabb to a 5-year, $78 million ($40mil guaranteed) extension. :saywhat:

Oh c'mon....you can't tell me that this isn't fun to watch? :gomer: 5 TDs for the Iggles and 12 plays for the 'skins....14:51 left in the 2nd. :eek:

Synder, Jerrah, Al Davis and Mike Brown should be stripped of their franchises. Wilson should be committed to a retirement home, and the Bidwells should be left on their own in the desert. :saywhat:

-Kevin

extramundane
11-15-10, 11:38 PM
Oh c'mon....you can't tell me that this isn't fun to watch? :gomer: 5 TDs for the Iggles and 12 plays for the 'skins....14:51 left in the 2nd. :eek:

Synder, Jerrah, Al Davis and Mike Brown should be stripped of their franchises. Wilson should be committed to a retirement home, and the Bidwells should be left on their own in the desert. :saywhat:

-Kevin

I don't care about the 'skins so much but I continue to be amazed at Snyder's business plan. And my power is out so I can't even watch the game (maybe tonight is the night Vick gets Theismanned!).

chop456
11-16-10, 02:43 AM

My dad told me about this and I refused to believe him. :laugh:

cameraman
11-16-10, 02:53 AM
Did he sign McNabb's extension before or after McNabb was benched for Grossman?:saywhat:

extramundane
11-16-10, 09:55 AM
Did he sign McNabb's extension before or after McNabb was benched for Grossman?:saywhat:

After -welcome to Snyderball. This is the guy who paid $100mil to a defensive tackle and doesn't even start him.

Insomniac
11-16-10, 11:33 AM

I was dumb enough to believe he was finally going to stand aside. They give Haynesworth all that money and now McNabb. Amazing.

dando
11-16-10, 12:46 PM
I was dumb enough to believe he was finally going to stand aside. They give Haynesworth all that money and now McNabb. Amazing.

According to Mort, there is some question on the guarantee. He says it's $10m with a Redskins option for the rest.

-Kevin

extramundane
11-16-10, 12:59 PM
According to Mort, there is some question on the guarantee. He says it's $10m with a Redskins option for the rest.

-Kevin

I just read that here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5812371).

One of the contract's most significant points is a payment due this offseason, when the Redskins must decide whether or not to pay McNabb a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it would trigger the rest of the contract and make Washington liable for McNabb's $2.5 million base salary in 2011.

So in essence, the Redskins paid McNabb $3.75 million in 2010 for the right to pay him $12.5 million in 2011 and control his rights. If the Redskins cut him after this season or trade him, they are only on the hook for the $3.75 million.

But 2012 on, he's getting between $12-13.5mil base salary. Because, y'know, he's likely to get better as he ages. :saywhat:

Insomniac
11-16-10, 01:01 PM

-Kevin

Adam Schefter says it's $3.5M with an option bonus of $10M for 2011. So they can cut him for $3.5M. I don't know what the $3.5M is though.

So I guess Dan Snyder isn't that dumb. McNabb may've gotten a $3.5M "financial apology". Must be nice.

Andrew Longman
11-16-10, 02:40 PM
But 2012 on, he's getting between $12-13.5mil base salary. Because, y'know, he's likely to get better as he ages. :saywhat:I think McNabb just ensured he won't be with the skins next year. But if I got 3.5 mil today I would be quite comfortable until I die.

extramundane
11-16-10, 04:09 PM
I think McNabb just ensured he won't be with the skins next year. But if I got 3.5 mil today I would be quite comfortable until I die.

Now that we've seen some of the fine print, I'm sure that was the intent all along, but that's lot of work for the contractual equivalent of the waterbucket over the door prank.

Very glad I'm not a 'skins fan.

dando
11-19-10, 03:37 PM
Phil Knight and his minions must die!

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/11/19/nike-leaks-unofficial-nfl-jersey-sketches/

:yuck: :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

nrc
11-19-10, 08:46 PM

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/11/19/nike-leaks-unofficial-nfl-jersey-sketches/

-Kevin

No, no, a thousand times, no.

TKGAngel
11-19-10, 09:01 PM

-Kevin

I like the blue of the Bills alleged "new" look, but the rest is a hot blessed mess. :yuck:

cameraman
11-20-10, 01:16 PM
Just the thing for all the Bills fans (http://www.theonion.com/articles/bills-celebrate-8th-straight-loss-by-dumping-conte,18452/) here.

stroker
11-20-10, 10:06 PM

-Kevin

Boy, those really suck.

I notice nothing predicted for Green Bay, which doesn't surprise me much.