PDA

View Full Version : Gametime - NFL 2010 / 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Andrew Longman
12-16-10, 03:41 PM
Ask Wendell Davis or anyone else that had their career ended by that garbage field. :mad:Don't leave out Michael Irvin's spinal injury and temporary paralysis. Not that Eagle fans were ALL wrong to cheer.

Insomniac
12-16-10, 05:41 PM
Only gets better

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_players_say_strength_coac.html

I thought it looked a little odd that they were all lined up on the edge of the white paint.

It's also why Giant fans think the Jets and Jets fans are dirtbags.

Worse, Alosi was on the news Monday all sobbing and sorry, but failed to mention that he lined up players on punts for just this purpose. As a strength coach I can't see why he would have thought that up on his own. My bet is this doesn't stop with him. Look for ick to get on Westoff and Ryan as well. I see this as an example of Rex's overly developed ego and arrogant style will undo this team (as I predicted back in August BTW :gomer:). They're looking to miss the playoffs right now, forget Super Bowl talk. Steelers will kill them this weekend and that will end it.

Apparently, this is somehow about the Patriots now. Westhoff contradicted himself a few times trying to ensure there was no stink.

racermike
12-17-10, 07:00 AM
Anyone in the PacNW want to buy my Seahawks/Falcons tix for this weekend?

extramundane
12-17-10, 11:49 AM
Sexy Rexy likely to start over McNabb (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/rex-grossman-to-start-over-don.html) this weekend.

Snyderball :rofl: :shakehead

Andrew Longman
12-17-10, 12:46 PM
Sexy Rexy likely to start over McNabb (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/rex-grossman-to-start-over-don.html) this weekend.

Snyderball :rofl: :shakeheadYou know back in the day, as a Giant fan, I always knew that Bidwell could be relied on to keep the Cardinals at the bottom of the division. The Cardinals games would be boring, but they would be wins, and you could always pick up tickets for them.

Seem Snyder is reliably taking his place in NFC East. Despite all the talk last summer, and even though I agreed McNabb would be a step up for them, I knew they Skins would be nothing to be afraid of. (No watch the Giants get knocked out of the playoffs by losing to them the last week of the season)

Don Quixote
12-17-10, 02:17 PM
Rick Riley hatchet job on the Donkeys. This makes me sad.

this is going to leave a mark (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5926379)

McEgo and his sawed-off hoodie came in here and (A) hired a cheater; (B) drove off our talented players (Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Peyton Hillis); (C) acquired talentless players -- Brady Quinn (zero snaps this season), Alphonso Smith (traded for next to nothing) and Perrish Cox (recently charged on two counts of sexual assault); (D) got tsunamied by our most hated rivals, the Oakland Raiders, 59-14; (E) went 5-17 over his last 22 games; and (F) refused to give a sniff to the previously mentioned two-time national collegiate champion quarterback, Tebow. He was mercifully fired.

dando
12-17-10, 02:44 PM
Rick Riley hatchet job on the Donkeys. This makes me sad.

this is going to leave a mark (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5926379)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Classic!

Things are so bad in Denver that we envy the Jets their coaches. At least they trip people.

:rofl: :gomer:

-Kevin

extramundane
12-17-10, 03:02 PM
(No watch the Giants get knocked out of the playoffs by losing to them the last week of the season)

I don't think you have to worry about that. Late word is that McNabb is demoted to 3rd String behind John Beck and Shanny informed McNabb he may not be on the roster next year. Tinfoil Hat brigade is suggesting that Snyder & Shanny want to throw the rest of the season and try to snag Cam Newton in the draft.

It's so awful that I might have to finally become a Redskins fan. :laugh:

dando
12-18-10, 05:59 PM
Friar Tuck to get the start tomorrow for the Nags. :gomer:

-Kevin

WickerBill
12-19-10, 01:06 PM
As bad as the situation in Denver is, I'm happy to report that I was right about Shanahan. He lost his mind in Denver when in charge of players (remember trading for the entire Browns D line?) and it did not return during his hiatus.

Maybe you will disagree, but starting Tebow to find out of he is the future is one thing; but nobody alive believes Grossman is Washington's future. And McNabb, for all his faults, was on pace to throw for 4000 yards with receivers that wouldn't start for Ohio State. Shanahan is one crazy oompa loompa.

Insomniac
12-19-10, 05:23 PM
There have been some good endings to the early games. Nothing better than ten Giants losing to the Eagles on a punt return. (Yes Tom, it was all the punter's fault. Never mind that they couldn't cover the punt.)

Colts crush the Jags hopes with a pick 6.

Detroit ends their road woes in OT.

Insomniac
12-19-10, 05:29 PM
I love the music Fox added to their game broadcasts. Now when a player is running in for a touchdown I'll know to be excited becasue the right music is playing. Same goes for when they cue the dramatic music on 3rd and long. How else would I know to feel concerned? :gomer:

I guess it's an experiment (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2010-12-16-nfl-music-soundtrack_N.htm). A stupid, stupid experiment. What do they think crowd noise is?

TKGAngel
12-19-10, 05:29 PM
The Bills stuck their fork in Miami's playoff hopes with a wonderful assist from the Miami kicker missing four field goals.

And Stevie Johnson apparently took a page out of Brett Farve's book and posted a pic of his johnson on Twitter. If you are a professional athlete, is it really that hard to not take a picture of your junk and not post it on Twitter?

extramundane
12-19-10, 06:44 PM
And Stevie Johnson apparently took a page out of Brett Farve's book and posted a pic of his johnson on Twitter. If you are a professional athlete, is it really that hard to not take a picture of your junk and not post it on Twitter?

I think it might actually be required these days.

Gnam
12-20-10, 02:27 AM
Great day of frozen tundra football. :thumbup:
Eagles/Giants
Steelers/Jets
Pats/Packers

All great games that went down to the last play.

Andrew Longman
12-20-10, 01:02 PM
Great day of frozen tundra football. :thumbup:
Eagles/Giants
Steelers/Jets
Pats/Packers

All great games that went down to the last play.Yes but the wrong team won them all. I'm shot today.

Insomniac
12-20-10, 03:17 PM
Yes but the wrong team won them all. I'm shot today.

When an O-lineman gets a 71-yd kick return, the right team won. ;)

When a team gives up 28 points in 8 minutes 17 seconds, the right team lost. :p

(Is that the new benchmark for when a team is running it up?)

Elmo T
12-20-10, 03:30 PM

http://i51.tinypic.com/j7yohz.jpg

Don Quixote
12-20-10, 04:18 PM
When an O-lineman gets a 71-yd kick return, the right team won. ;)That was one of the most exciting plays I have ever seen in the NFL. :thumbup:

dando
12-20-10, 06:18 PM
That was one of the most exciting plays I have ever seen in the NFL. :thumbup:

And you WALKED from the TV to the fridge and back and he STILL wasn't tackled. :gomer:

EDIT: Who Dey! :D :p

-Kevin

dando
12-20-10, 06:27 PM

All is well...the Bungles beat the Clowns. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
12-20-10, 06:51 PM
That is an indictment of the Browns, rather than a compliment to the Bengals.

Don Quixote
12-20-10, 09:38 PM
Sissies in Minny, can't even fill that dinky stadium. :gomer:

SteveH
12-20-10, 09:51 PM

no kidding :thumdown:

dando
12-20-10, 10:04 PM
That is an indictment of the Browns, rather than a compliment to the Bengals.

Repeat after me: tallest dwarf. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

extramundane
12-20-10, 11:40 PM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5642/340xp.jpg

stroker
12-21-10, 12:37 AM

Oh, be fair... There's probably something important like a snowmobile race or biathalon to go watch.

chop456
12-21-10, 03:01 AM
Cutler had 3 more TD's than Orton this week.

Don Quixote
12-21-10, 08:13 AM
Cutler had 3 more TD's than Orton this week.Heck, he even had a better game than Tebow.

WickerBill
12-21-10, 08:57 AM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5642/340xp.jpg

"Get up and take your whoopin'"

"Dude, Sterger isn't down there"

"I'm Batman"

Methanolandbrats
12-21-10, 09:42 AM
"Dude, Sterger isn't down there"

:laugh:

dando
12-21-10, 01:26 PM

Dude, they weren't sellin' beerz. :eek: :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
12-22-10, 05:32 PM
NSFW

kyAqJRaU8Xg

TKGAngel
12-23-10, 10:02 AM
^^ I'm surprised that didn't end with a comment about Rex Ryan's foot fetish videos. Which, more power to Rex for having happy times with the Mrs., but don't put it on YouTube for the rest of the world to see!

Elmo T
12-23-10, 11:49 AM
This made the rounds earlier this week - more NSFW

85XVimh6tSs

To the tune of Rudolph...

"then with 14 seconds left, Matt Dodge came to sayyyy 'i don't have a freakin clue, here Desean let me punt to youuuuu'"

SteveH
12-23-10, 12:06 PM
^^ I'm surprised that didn't end with a comment about Rex Ryan's foot fetish videos. Which, more power to Rex for having happy times with the Mrs., but don't put it on YouTube for the rest of the world to see!

I can only imagine what kind of a 'greeting' the Bears fans will give Ryan on Sunday. :D

Insomniac
12-23-10, 12:39 PM
Jim Irsay has a crazy Twitter feed.

WickerBill
12-23-10, 01:05 PM
Jim Irsay has a crazy Twitter feed.

Gee, I wonder where he got the crazy from.

(Peyton retires, Colts suck, Irsay finally makes the full switchover to Bob Irsay and moves the team to Topeka)

WickerBill
12-26-10, 06:50 PM
The Bengals look 100% better in orange than they do in black.

nrc
12-27-10, 01:50 AM
The Bengals look 100% better in orange than they do in black.

They also looked better with 87 and 89 than 81 and 85.

I like the orange. I also like the black, as long as they don't wear black pants. At least black is one of their primary colors and not something they came up with for marketing purposes.

Don Quixote
12-27-10, 09:32 AM
The wimps who stole Christmas.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20101227_The_Wimps_Who_Stole_Christmas.html

TKGAngel
12-27-10, 08:14 PM
PA Gov: "We're a nation of wussies" (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5960674)

"We've become a nation of wusses. The Chinese are kicking our butt in everything," Rendell added. "If this was in China do you think the Chinese would have called off the game? People would have been marching down to the stadium, they would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on the way down." :rofl:

Don Quixote
12-28-10, 11:05 AM
the-greatest-letter-ever-printed-on-nfl-team-letterhead (http://deadspin.com/5716038/the-greatest-letter-ever-printed-on-nfl-team-letterhead) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nrc
12-28-10, 01:11 PM
I hear they sent the same response to complaints about batteries and beer bottles.

:gomer:

Don Quixote
12-28-10, 01:30 PM
I hear they sent the same response to complaints about batteries and bear bottles. :gomer:So what are you trying to say? Is it wrong to throw batteries and beer bottles? :confused:

Andrew Longman
12-28-10, 01:35 PM
So what are you trying to say? Is it wrong to throw batteries and beer bottles? :confused:At Santa? Sure. In Philly you only hit Santa with snowballs... really hard, icy snowballs. It's more Christmasy than a beer bottle.

And save the batteries for the kids toys so you don't have to run to the 711 (er WaWa in Philly) at halftime.

dando
12-28-10, 03:24 PM
the-greatest-letter-ever-printed-on-nfl-team-letterhead (http://deadspin.com/5716038/the-greatest-letter-ever-printed-on-nfl-team-letterhead) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So this is how it began....

iTpuCIT9rZg

nrc, I think it's bare bottles.... ;)

-Kevin

Insomniac
12-28-10, 06:13 PM
Heads up for the Colts fans here, Jim Irsay seems to be going crazy with the contests on Twitter.

WickerBill
12-28-10, 07:05 PM
I'm waiting for "first person to tell me the last Colts player to wear yellow shoelaces wins 20% of the Colts!" contest.

He is insane, or permanently concussed.

Andrew Longman
01-02-11, 10:24 PM
You know back in the day, as a Giant fan, I always knew that Bidwell could be relied on to keep the Cardinals at the bottom of the division. The Cardinals games would be boring, but they would be wins, and you could always pick up tickets for them.

Seem Snyder is reliably taking his place in NFC East. Despite all the talk last summer, and even though I agreed McNabb would be a step up for them, I knew they Skins would be nothing to be afraid of. (Now watch the Giants get knocked out of the playoffs by losing to them the last week of the season)

I just had to bring that up before someone else did. :gomer:

They won, but it was a mercy killing for the season nevertheless. :shakehead

They finished about where most picked them to be. It is HOW they lost the games they did that is so dispiriting. Really don't know if Coughlin should be back or not. Hard to think of many who could clearly do better.

extramundane
01-03-11, 12:32 AM
I just had to bring that up before someone else did. :gomer:

They won, but it was a mercy killing for the season nevertheless. :shakehead

They finished about where most picked them to be. It is HOW they lost the games they did that is so dispiriting. Really don't know if Coughlin should be back or not. Hard to think of many who could clearly do better.

Just think- if they'd been in the NFC West, they'd have locked up a playoff spot weeks ago. :\

WickerBill
01-03-11, 07:23 AM
Just think- if they'd been in the NFC West, they'd have locked up a playoff spot weeks ago. :\

And they also would have swept their division and therefore been 3 games better.

Insomniac
01-03-11, 12:17 PM
If you're a coach (especially first time), SF has to be the best place to go, right? Weak division and the division winner is in the playoffs. Why would you want to go to Miami (if Sparano is fired)?

WickerBill
01-03-11, 01:41 PM
If you're a coach (especially first time), SF has to be the best place to go, right? Weak division and the division winner is in the playoffs. Why would you want to go to Miami (if Sparano is fired)?

I don't know. The Rams might be very tough to beat for about 10 years. Rams have a franchise QB, SF doesn't. Of course neither does Miami, Tennessee, Denver, Cincy, and the Browns don't really know if they do or not.

I hope Denver gets Jeff Fisher or Ron Rivera as HC, then drafts Nick Fairley and really puts some effort into the defense.

Ankf00
01-03-11, 04:14 PM
on the one hand don't want coughlin gone, 10 wins regularly, first time not in the playoffs, SB, love kevin gilbride's offense.

on the other hand, aside from '07 there's always this late season slump and they go into the playoffs limping

dando
01-04-11, 12:03 PM
Of course neither does Miami, Tennessee, Denver, Cincy, and the Browns don't really know if they do or not.

I would not rule Henne out as a franchise QB (mainly due to Sparanos' pathetic O). The Clowns DO NOT have a franchise QB. McBoy is @ best a backup. I thought he would be better, but he's shown to be Quinn Jr. OTOH, I would sell CP to the highest bidder for a box of chocolates. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
01-04-11, 12:08 PM
I disagree with you on Colt, but only time will tell.

WickerBill
01-04-11, 12:22 PM
I disagree on Colt in that I don't think he's proven himself to be a backup just yet. I think Carolina would now trade him straight up for the nancy they picked two rounds higher, and I bet Arizona and a few others wished they hadn't passed on him as well.

Don Quixote
01-04-11, 12:36 PM
I bet the Bengals would trade straight up Colt for Carson. :D

dando
01-04-11, 01:33 PM
I bet the Bengals would trade straight up Colt for Carson. :D

And you are trying to prove what? :gomer:

McBoy:

135 222 1576 60.8 7.10 47 6 9 23 74.5

:confused:

For the record, CP's stats:

362 586 3970 61.8 6.78 78 26 20 26 82.4

I'd rather have the box of chocolates.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
01-04-11, 01:39 PM
Last I checked Colt didn't have the two greatest receivers in the history of football to throw to. :gomer:

Insomniac
01-04-11, 01:57 PM
I don't know. The Rams might be very tough to beat for about 10 years. Rams have a franchise QB, SF doesn't. Of course neither does Miami, Tennessee, Denver, Cincy, and the Browns don't really know if they do or not.

I hope Denver gets Jeff Fisher or Ron Rivera as HC, then drafts Nick Fairley and really puts some effort into the defense.

SF has the #7 pick. They could move up to #1 for Luck?

Elway in Denver is going to be interesting. See if Bowlen is losing his mind or not pretty quick now.

dando
01-04-11, 02:00 PM
Last I checked Colt didn't have the two greatest receivers in the history of football to throw to. :gomer:

And Carson had his best rating evar not throwing to Batman & Robin against the Bolts. :saywhat: Of course he then went color blind against the Bravens on Sun. :saywhat: :irked: I think the lack of O2 is getting to you, little man. :p :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
01-04-11, 02:04 PM
SF has the #7 pick. They could move up to #1 for Luck?

No way in hell any team gives up the #1 pick if Luck is in the draft. Unless....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/495/840/rwilliamsdress_i_display_image.jpg?1289376270

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-04-11, 02:09 PM
I would sell CP to the highest bidder for a box of chocolates. :saywhat:

-Kevin

and just a few years ago you were telling us how CP was the new Montana :tony:

dando
01-04-11, 02:26 PM
and just a few years ago you were telling us how CP was the new Montana :tony:

Dude, you have a VERY short memory or have been huffing again. :shakehead I haven't been CP fanboy since 2005 after his knee was blown out. He's been a headcase ever since (last season's success was due to the running game and the D).

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-04-11, 02:40 PM
And you are trying to prove what?

-Kevin

Those aren't terribly bad numbers for a rookie on a poor team. I think he's the best QB in Ohio. :)

dando
01-04-11, 02:50 PM
Those aren't terribly bad numbers for a rookie on a poor team. I think he's the best QB in Ohio. :)

Except that in his has two games (against real Ds Pitt and Bravens) he had 1 TD, 6 INTs and ratings of 27 and 41.6. And on being the best QB in oHIo...welcome to the land of the tallest dwarfs. :irked: Keep in mind that he's 6' 1" and 216 (according to E$PN), so he's not exactly the Big Ben type that can absorb punishment (and hence missing 3 games due to injury).

-Kevin

nrc
01-04-11, 03:05 PM
And Carson had his best rating evar not throwing to Batman & Robin against the Bolts. :saywhat: Of course he then went color blind against the Bravens on Sun. :saywhat: :irked: I think the lack of O2 is getting to you, little man. :p :gomer:

-Kevin

Amazing what a difference it makes when your receivers are doing what they're coached to do and running the plays as designed. I don't even mind the INTs on Sunday so much since they were tipped balls. The fumbles on the other hand... :mad:

dando
01-04-11, 04:33 PM
Amazing what a difference it makes when your receivers are doing what they're coached to do and running the plays as designed. I don't even mind the INTs on Sunday so much since they were tipped balls. The fumbles on the other hand... :mad:

I suppose, but the incomplete pass @ the end of the game was heinous. :saywhat: :irked: :mad:

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-04-11, 04:36 PM
No way in hell any team gives up the #1 pick if Luck is in the draft. Unless....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/495/840/rwilliamsdress_i_display_image.jpg?1289376270

-Kevin

I think this goes with ESPN's "report" that if Luck declares, Carolina is going to draft him. It's January and there are still workouts and the combine. Things can change.

The Panthers don't have a #2 pick. Wouldn't seem out of the question if they don't love one guy to trade down a bit and pick up a #2 (and then some).

dando
01-04-11, 04:59 PM
I think this goes with ESPN's "report" that if Luck declares, Carolina is going to draft him. It's January and there are still workouts and the combine. Things can change.

The Panthers don't have a #2 pick. Wouldn't seem out of the question if they don't love one guy to trade down a bit and pick up a #2 (and then some).

Have you heard the talking heads projecting Luck as the next best QB since Elway? I've only seen him play twice, so I'm not sure how valid those $.02 are, but he's being touted as the best player in the draft since bread was first sliced. YMMV, but the QB is the most important position in foosball...imagine the Pats with Jordan Palmer as a backup and Brady out. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-04-11, 05:11 PM
Have you heard the talking heads projecting Luck as the next best QB since Elway? I've only seen him play twice, so I'm not sure how valid those $.02 are, but he's being touted as the best player in the draft since bread was first sliced. YMMV, but the QB is the most important position in foosball...imagine the Pats with Jordan Palmer as a backup and Brady out. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

-Kevin

Yeah, lots of hype. What was Mel Kiper saying about Jimmy Clausen last year? He may end up being the best player, but it's just so early to declare that Carolina is taking him 4 months from now. So much evaluation left to go. People fall and rise out of nowhere every year.

Best QB since Elway? Do they mean at Stanford? Because there have been better QBs since Elway without question.

I also wouldn't want to imagine them with Carson Palmer as the backup either. :D The Pats had Carson Palmer's and Matt Leinart's USC backup playing in 2008 and didn't do too bad. :) Funny that Cassel is looking to be the best of the bunch now.

TKGAngel
01-04-11, 08:15 PM

I also heard on PTI today that Carolina may try and make a full court press and go after both Luck and Harbaugh as a package deal.

I also wonder how the uncertainty of the labor situation is going to affect the draft? Would players want to come out knowing that they could potentially be on the shelf for a year? I

On a lighter note, I'd also like to bid a fond farewell to the best thing about the Bills season: Fitz's beard (http://twitpic.com/3mq3cs). Farewell, Amish Rifle.

Ankf00
01-04-11, 09:24 PM
Eli.

Insomniac
01-04-11, 10:13 PM
I also heard on PTI today that Carolina may try and make a full court press and go after both Luck and Harbaugh as a package deal.

I also wonder how the uncertainty of the labor situation is going to affect the draft? Would players want to come out knowing that they could potentially be on the shelf for a year?

That is crazy to be so locked in on a guy this early.

I don't think anyone will choose to stay over the uncertainty. I expect business as usual for players with remaining eligibility. Check to see where they may be drafted and if they can expect to go higher by staying a year, then stay. Outside of the first round, a rookie wage scale likely won't change the money a player will get based on draft position.

Insomniac
01-05-11, 01:05 PM
Eli.

I'm biased, but Oliver Luck doesn't seem like nearly as big of a douche as Archie. Same thing with Andrew vs. Eli.

Insomniac
01-07-11, 05:08 PM
Adam Schefter says Harbaugh chose SF. So 0-16 next year? :D

Don Quixote
01-07-11, 05:10 PM
Adam Schefter says Harbaugh chose SF. So 0-16 next year? :DYou might be onto something there. However, Schefter is the one who said yesterday that Hairball to Miami was a done deal.

Ankf00
01-07-11, 05:18 PM
I'm biased, but Oliver Luck doesn't seem like nearly as big of a douche as Archie. Same thing with Andrew vs. Eli.

hiring a head coach in waiting to replace your winning coach and lifelong Mountaineer isn't douchy at all. plus he caved on the Houston 1836 name to placate a demographic that hates the organization and MLS in the first place

Insomniac
01-07-11, 05:45 PM
You might be onto something there. However, Schefter is the one who said yesterday that Hairball to Miami was a done deal.

He was saying today, every time he says something it didn't happen and finally settled on him going back to Stanford. :D

Insomniac
01-07-11, 05:50 PM
hiring a head coach in waiting to replace your winning coach and lifelong Mountaineer isn't douchy at all. plus he caved on the Houston 1836 name to placate a demographic that hates the organization and MLS in the first place

What is he supposed to do when the offensive and defensive staff can't get along? He didn't hire Bill Stewart and everyone except those who made the decision knew it was a bad idea to hire him right after winning the bowl game instead of at least interviewing others. Bill Stewart was going to be replaced at some point and there was no clean way to do that unless he was going to retire (or bolt, which would never happen).

Bill Stewart is a great and honorable person and got to live a dream, but he never should've been the head coach.

I have no idea about the the other stuff.

WickerBill
01-07-11, 08:01 PM

Archie's a douche? For reals??

Ankf00
01-07-11, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry, but Luck firing a coach who went 9-4, 9-4, 9-4 is bush league no matter how one cuts it. It was bush league when it was Steve Pederson at Nebraska and then the Arkansas mutiny w/ Nutt & Malzahn, and it's bush league when it's a big east program. Same applies to Maryland axing Fridge (shocker, Steve Pederson again).

On the one hand WVU lucked out with tying down Holgorsen, on the other hand the dude has 2 dui's, has gotten caught banging an intern, and drinks more than I do. 34 going on 24, it's a matter of time until it blows up.

Insomniac
01-13-11, 05:44 PM
WB: Welcoming John Fox?

Andrew Longman
01-13-11, 06:44 PM
IMO John Fox is a great catch for anyone.

Many days I wish he'd gotten the Giants job way back when he was DC for them.

WickerBill
01-13-11, 08:57 PM
I think it's a good, stable hire for an organization that needs it. He will provide some insight and experience to Elway and Xanders when it comes to picking talent.

My biggest concern with Fox is that he just appeared burned out in Pantherland. Can a change of scenery do it for him, or does he need a year off from the game to get his fire back?

Rivera was the guy I wanted, but if Fox is as advertised, Denver will be able to run the ball again, which is good, and defend (probably take a couple of years), which is great.

extramundane
01-14-11, 11:54 AM
I realize that subtlety has never been the Post's thing, but...

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9809/postsection01.jpg

Don Quixote
01-14-11, 12:38 PM
Who is princess Leah?

dando
01-14-11, 12:39 PM

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9809/postsection01.jpg

Needs more Favre. :gomer:

-Kevin

extramundane
01-14-11, 01:00 PM
Who is princess Leah?

Mrs. Rex Ryan, the foot-fetish queen.

Don Quixote
01-14-11, 01:18 PM
Mrs. Rex Ryan, the foot-fetish queen.Ah yes.

nrc
01-14-11, 01:39 PM
deleted

Hmmm. A bit over the line, I think.

Andrew Longman
01-14-11, 11:25 PM

I liked The Post last Monday -- "Folk Yeah!!!" after his game winning kick.

Gnam
01-18-11, 04:19 PM
Former 49ers head coach Singletary headed to Vikings as assistant coach.

Hasn't that team been through enough already this year? :gomer:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=81189