PDA

View Full Version : back in the ussa

Pages : 1 [2]

devilmaster
11-22-10, 06:28 PM
My wife works with people that fly daily and are considering other lines of work. :)

Get enough of those and i'm sure the inspections will change very quickly....

Methanolandbrats
11-22-10, 06:36 PM
What brought about the radiation booths and handjobs? Long term plan or the care packages from Yemen? And what does kneading the tits of a housewife from Minnesota before she can fly to Los Angeles have to do with intercepting terrorists? Sumthin ain't right.

SteveH
11-22-10, 06:56 PM
somewhat NSFW

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BLtuyBP9bvM/TOhJIquPBQI/AAAAAAAAAos/uMNi4yIPa7k/s1600/image.png

Methanolandbrats
11-22-10, 07:38 PM
somewhat NSFW

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BLtuyBP9bvM/TOhJIquPBQI/AAAAAAAAAos/uMNi4yIPa7k/s1600/image.png

:D

devilmaster
11-22-10, 08:04 PM
What brought about the radiation booths and handjobs? Long term plan or the care packages from Yemen?

"If you're going to overreact, overreact with our surveillance gear!" (which of course will cost you millions of dollars yet not really make it any safer for anyone in the long run)

devilmaster
11-22-10, 08:05 PM
somewhat NSFW

I reallly hope a regular flier has those printed as stickers and puts em everywhere while they wait in line to have his carry on checked....

Indy
11-23-10, 12:54 AM
The more I see of the blind arrogance of people in the gubmint, the more I think that Oklahoma City is the sort terrorism we will have to worry about in the future. We have millions pissed off bubbas, heavily armed, with plenty of military training, and the feds are making it seem like martial law is right around the corner. Not a good idea.

racer2c
11-23-10, 10:23 AM
The more I see of the blind arrogance of people in the gubmint, the more I think that Oklahoma City is the sort terrorism we will have to worry about in the future. We have millions pissed off bubbas, heavily armed, with plenty of military training, and the feds are making it seem like martial law is right around the corner. Not a good idea.

I agree, but with one distinction...I wouldn't assume it will be "bubba's" necessarily, anyone with an agenda can use violence to promote their ideology. Just ask William Ayers.;)

chop456
11-23-10, 01:29 PM
^ Ol' Bill was just denied professor emeritus status at UIC.

Turns out the chairman of the board of trustees at U of I is Christopher Kennedy, Son of Bobby, and didn't really appreciate Bill's dedication of his book to Sirhan Sirhan.:gomer:

Don Quixote
11-23-10, 01:59 PM
Nice book dedication. :shakehead

Insomniac
11-23-10, 02:18 PM
And if each airline has to pay for security, just add another fee onto the cost of the ticket.

They already add security fees.

cameraman
11-24-10, 05:13 PM
Well this is one way to solve the problem.

linky (http://www.nbclosangeles.com/traffic/transit/Traffic-LAX-holiday-travel-thanksgiving-110384004.html?dr)

Methanolandbrats
11-24-10, 06:00 PM
Well this is one way to solve the problem.

linky (http://www.nbclosangeles.com/traffic/transit/Traffic-LAX-holiday-travel-thanksgiving-110384004.html?dr)

"Potential places to hide things" :rofl:

datachicane
11-24-10, 07:24 PM
Nice book dedication. :shakehead

Well, it would be if:
A. The book in question was dedicated to Sirhan Sirhan.
B. William Ayers wrote the book in question.

I'm not a fan of Ayers at all, but neither of those statements are true. Won't stop some folks, though.

G.
11-24-10, 08:46 PM
Or, if you're in a protest state of mind...

4th Amendment underwear (http://cargocollective.com/4thamendment)

nrc
11-24-10, 09:15 PM
Well, it would be if:
A. The book in question was dedicated to Sirhan Sirhan.
B. William Ayers wrote the book in question.

I'm not a fan of Ayers at all, but neither of those statements are true. Won't stop some folks, though.

Huh?

A. The book in question includes a page with a list of names with the note "To All Who Continue to Fight" and "To All Political Prisoners in the U.S." That list includes numerous criminals and murderers with Sirhan Sirhan among them. Trying to claim that's not a dedication is just mincing words into meaninglessness.

B. Bill Ayers was one of the authors of the book. He claims it himself. (http://billayers.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/books/)

That said, this is way off topic and skirting an inappropriate topic. So if you want to try to argue that black is white and up is down you get one shot and then it's back on topic.

devilmaster
11-24-10, 09:41 PM
Or, if you're in a protest state of mind...

4th Amendment underwear (http://cargocollective.com/4thamendment)

Oh that rocks! :laugh::laugh:

datachicane
11-24-10, 11:20 PM
Huh?

A. The book in question includes a page with a list of names with the note "To All Who Continue to Fight" and "To All Political Prisoners in the U.S." That list includes numerous criminals and murderers with Sirhan Sirhan among them. Trying to claim that's not a dedication is just mincing words into meaninglessness.

B. Bill Ayers was one of the authors of the book. He claims it himself. (http://billayers.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/books/)

That said, this is way off topic and skirting an inappropriate topic. So if you want to try to argue that black is white and up is down you get one shot and then it's back on topic.

Ayers didn't dedicate a book to Sirhan Sirhan, that's a fact- he contributed material to a book that wrongheadedly included several nasty pieces of work, including Sirhan Sirhan, in a list of supposed political prisoners. Was that from his own pen? Was he even aware that it was in the book before it was published? Who knows? Like I said, I'm not a fan at all, but IMHO that's all the more reason to make certain that my criticisms are dead accurate. It's not like actual, non-controversial dirt is hard to find on the guy.

JohnHKart
11-25-10, 03:48 PM
Hmm... I liked the bikini girl's idea that was on the news, go to the airport in a big coat with almost nothing on underneath? They should just make us strip to our underwear and be done with it.

cameraman
11-29-10, 06:03 AM
Okay the monologue is not entirely safe for work. A common word for poo is used.

q3yaqq9Jjb4

I've got one of those, those blade sets are not cheap.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/nKCfusVPlWaxhuONrmbd37w7fUwiUYUmrVM0zbyIkXMQIrfd10 U1MYWB3hG26yiGI2GI7ph9nqWygzKT3RdPI0m9ouP_19o5U-Io3VJSGsyTSRcIuCZvW76bthWWWY68II0e55wwgJxqQc8Qr3XF XqaDQNIIzw

TravelGal
12-01-10, 04:02 PM
From today's briefing. It was only a matter of time until some politician decided they had a dog in this fight. No offense to or aspersions cast on the daughters, of course.

Colorado Attorney Files Lawsuit Against TSA Pat-Downs
The attorney has asked a federal judge to order the TSA to drop its new pat-downs for US citizens. The lawsuit was filed after he, his two daughters, ages 9 and 15, and a family friend went through the pat-down procedure in San Diego. He called the pat-downs "disgusting, unconscionable, sexual in nature" and in violation of the Constitution's protection against unreasonable searches. This is the third lawsuit filed over the new procedures.

TravelGal
12-03-10, 01:21 PM
Another Law Suit Filed Against TSA
This one is the latest in a number of suits filed against the TSA and the pat-down. Two Harvard Law School students have joined together to sue the TSA. They claim the pat-downs along with the full body scanners are unconstitutional and the screenings violate their Fourth Amendment rights prohibiting unreasonable searches and seizures. There are four other lawsuits filed across the US. Four lawsuits cite the Fourth Amendment but the one filed by the Electronic Privacy Information Cente added the Administrative Procedures Act, the Privacy Act, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act as well as the Fourth Amendment Act.

KLang
12-03-10, 02:23 PM
Sounds like lawyers looking for their 15 minutes of fame. :yuck:

cameraman
12-03-10, 04:17 PM
The Harvard Law students are clueless little trolls. What's going to happen once you graduate in a year. That case will still be going on but you two clowns will then be working 100 hours a week in the bowels of some NYC megafirm.:shakehead

Indy
12-04-10, 12:37 AM
Good for them. Death to the ****ing TSA.

JohnHKart
01-04-11, 12:36 AM
Back to Ensenada and home again over the weekend. For every a-hole border crossing experience, (like my last one mentioned in the thread) there's ones like I had yesterday. Older bearded white dude with sunglasses at the booth. Takes my passport, scans it and hands it back to me and starts waving the next car forward. Never said one word to me or looked at anything in the vehicle. Now that's more like it!!!!!!! Mexico is now starting to search and inspect vehicles on the way in too. Had to go to inspection there. Guy there was very nice, conversation was in English, just checked license and registration, looked in the windows and asked me if it was my car and I was then on my way. There's two roadblocks on the way down so Mexico is also tightening up, even though they are not capable of fighting the drug war with any competence at this point.

Kiwifan
04-28-11, 09:28 PM
Ok, so who here had a word? TravelGal? The Boss? Indy? :) Just been to and fro from the USA and it was the complete opposite to last time! Straight thru Customs, everyone pleasant and only four fingers "printed".

Overall, 10 outta 10.

One thing we found odd was a sign on a bus heading back to the Haight that seemed to require all males over 18 to let the Govt know via a website (sss.gov) that you had turned 18. What's up with that? Obviously no politics in the answer please!!

Ankf00
04-28-11, 10:27 PM
Ok, so who here had a word? TravelGal? The Boss? Indy? :) Just been to and fro from the USA and it was the complete opposite to last time! Straight thru Customs, everyone pleasant and only four fingers "printed".

Overall, 10 outta 10.

One thing we found odd was a sign on a bus heading back to the Haight that seemed to require all males over 18 to let the Govt know via a website (sss.gov) that you had turned 18. What's up with that? Obviously no politics in the answer please!!

SSS = the Selective Service. Conscription has been banned in the US after Vietnam, but all men must register with SSS at 18 (through age 25) in case conscription is ever reinstated. It's difficult to prosecute someone for failure to register, so the federal govt and many states withhold services to those who fail to register (inability to qualify for federal student loans and such).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_System

Kiwifan
04-28-11, 11:37 PM
Thanks Ank, we thought it humorous at the time but it sorta makes sense, sorta. :)

cameraman
04-29-11, 01:17 AM
I was in the first group to sign up when they reinstated the system in 1979. We had to sign up before we could register for classes at the University. It was a big deal then, nobody much cares anymore.

datachicane
04-29-11, 01:33 AM
...and this idealistic 18yr old didn't take any Fed student loans because of my SSS status back when El Salvador or Nicaragua looked all too likely.

True story- After much teen angst and soul-searching, I finally resigned myself to registering within a couple of years. In a futile gesture that would surprise no one who knew me, I completed the form in green crayon. A few months later, the SSS returned it with a form letter stating that it had been rejected on the grounds that my address was missing, the same address that was printed both on the front of the SSS envelope and in my neat green crayon letters on the form. :saywhat: That was the end of my correspondence with the SSS.

Kiwifan
04-29-11, 02:38 AM
Interesting, I think I'd be sending a smart arsked answer back too. I'm not anti govt or establishment or anything like that but it seemed a little heavy handed, esp when you have such a right for democracy and freedom of speech.

BTW, you have a fantastic country, great food, fantastic service and friendly people. (and nice chocolates too!) We had a blast esp at Yosemite, Death Valley, the Grand Canyon and being able to travel on Route 66 was so cool.

KLang
04-29-11, 08:19 AM
I was in the first group to sign up when they reinstated the system in 1979. We had to sign up before we could register for classes at the University. It was a big deal then, nobody much cares anymore.

A couple years ago I had to find my number online for some Federal Security clearance paperwork. I signed up back in 79.

chop456
04-29-11, 08:27 AM
Just looked mine up. Apparently I was as much of a slacker as datachicane. :D

SteveH
04-29-11, 09:09 AM
I was in the last year of the draft. Believe me when the draft numbers were pulled (by birthday) you paid attention. I was number 224. A good friend was 1. He became a MP and stayed stateside. I probably have my draft card somehwere.

:oldphart:

Indy
04-29-11, 11:18 AM
BTW, you have a fantastic country, great food, fantastic service and friendly people. (and nice chocolates too!) We had a blast esp at Yosemite, Death Valley, the Grand Canyon and being able to travel on Route 66 was so cool.

Shame you didn't make it to Mindy. That's some real 'Merica there.

dando
04-29-11, 11:28 AM

You've seen some of the most majestic parts of the USA. You need to bucket list a trip back to visit Yellowstone and Monument Valley as well. There is also the Painted Desert, Great Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest in AZ. I could spend weeks in Yosemite following in Ansel Adams' footsteps...and some of the roads to and from Yosemite are just amazing. :eek: I need to get back to the Grand Canyon to check out the walk out they opened a few years ago. It's got to make the glass floors in the CN Tower in Toronto pale in comparison. When you look down from the canyon rim and you see donkeys and people appear like ants on the canyon floor...:eek: x11. I so want to white water raft through the canyon or leading up to it.

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-29-11, 04:45 PM
You've seen some of the most majestic parts of the USA. You need to bucket list a trip back to visit Yellowstone and Monument Valley as well. There is also the Painted Desert, Great Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest in AZ. I could spend weeks in Yosemite following in Ansel Adams' footsteps...and some of the roads to and from Yosemite are just amazing. :eek: I need to get back to the Grand Canyon to check out the walk out they opened a few years ago. It's got to make the glass floors in the CN Tower in Toronto pale in comparison. When you look down from the canyon rim and you see donkeys and people appear like ants on the canyon floor...:eek: x11. I so want to white water raft through the canyon or leading up to it.

-Kevin

There is stuff on the other side of the Mississippi too. ;)

dando
04-29-11, 05:02 PM
There is stuff on the other side of the Mississippi too. ;)

You mean like IMS? :tony:

-Kevin

Indy
04-30-11, 12:08 AM
We don't cotton to furrners round these parts. :gomer:

TravelGal
04-30-11, 12:37 AM

We must be doing something right if we attract visitors as nice as you and your family. :)

I'm sure Mrs See is smiling somewhere at your compliment. Which ones did you like best? "All" is an acceptable response. :D

Kiwifan
04-30-11, 01:18 AM
I think Yosemite made the most impact on me although the sheer size of the canyon did blow me away. Watching the sunset and sunrise in Stovepipe Wells will long be remembered and the run over 66 was a dream come true. Didn't really like Vegas (too many people wanting me to go to their, um..clubs. ;) ) The people in LA were really nice, the only regret is that I didn't get to meet them at the track rather than at Starbucks. Walked around Laguna which was cool but once again I thought I'd see it on a race weekend and not on a tiki tour of the States. :cry: