10-20-11, 10:56 AM
sic semper tyrannis

Gnam
10-20-11, 12:10 PM
wow. I hope his army surrenders now.

It's been quite a year for revolution.

NismoZ
10-20-11, 03:36 PM
Huh, last I heard he had holed up in a drain pipe ( a sewer? How appropriate!) An 80 vehicle convoy trying to make it's escape, held up by a French warplane, (pretty sure they KNEW where he was and were just waiting for him to make a run for it.) then mopped up by the Rebs. One report says it was one of his own bodyguards that done 'im in. Figures. Loyal to the, almost, end. I swear, I just heard on a national broadcast his last words were, reportedly..."Don't shoot!" Makes sense. I still would feel better knowing we had lost track of 20,000 tanks, artillery pieces, 'Duck Loyalists or AKs than shoulder launch surface to air missiles! THAT could come back to bite us. Russian made I would assume? Wonder what the market price will be?:shakehead

NismoZ
10-20-11, 03:40 PM
Check the oil price @ close. Any guesses? Demand down in a weak economy (true), Libyan sweet crude possibly more readily available (Europe), higher mpg vehicles (all over), fracking on the horizon? (sounds like it, check out Stubenville and Bismarck) US a net exporter of GASOLINE! (really?), old wells squeezing out more (here)...I know I only have the intelligence of a fireant but if any of that is true, shouldn't we be paying less at the pump in the not to distant future? Sounds like a plan coming together just before the election!

Napoleon
10-20-11, 04:04 PM
He's looked dead in every picture I've ever seen of him. :D

I have now seen pictures where he is alive and obviously conscious and apparently standing on his own. It’s also pretty clearly from today and he is surrounded by what apparently are opposition fighters.

NismoZ
10-20-11, 04:07 PM
Yeah, they opposed him in the legs before they opposed him in the head. Pretty sure he wasn't Mirandized.

Lux Interior
10-20-11, 04:10 PM
I'm just glad that's it's not our guys dying this time:thumbup:

We've spilled a lot of blood to rid the world of dictators and tyrants.

Napoleon
10-20-11, 05:16 PM
I went back and read the AP story with the picture I mention above (link below) and basically what it says it they tried to run in a convoy, NATO air stopped the convoy which was overrun by the rebels. Qaddafi was shot in the neck in the ensuing firefight and was captured. Later he bleed to death from his wounds.

http://www.cleveland.com/world/index.ssf/2011/10/libyas_moammar_gadhafi_and_1_s.html

gerhard911
10-20-11, 05:20 PM
We've spilled a lot of blood to rid the world of dictators and tyrants.

We have also spent a LOT of money over the years propping some of them up :shakehead

extramundane
10-20-11, 08:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PYFcw.jpg

Too soon?

datachicane
10-20-11, 11:50 PM
We have also spent a LOT of money over the years propping some of them up :shakehead

Shhhh, we're not supposed to remember that.

Elmo T
10-21-11, 05:46 AM
I went back and read the AP story with the picture I mention above (link below) and basically what it says it they tried to run in a convoy, NATO air stopped the convoy which was overrun by the rebels. Qaddafi was shot in the neck in the ensuing firefight and was captured. Later he bleed to death from his wounds.

The most recent photos I've seen don't show a single wound to the neck - there is a very obviously shot to the head.

I think one of the sons was shot in the neck.

Head, neck, meh.....

Napoleon
10-21-11, 12:25 PM
The ever classy NY Post:

http://webmedia.newseum.org/newseum-multimedia/dfp/jpg21/lg/NY_NYP.jpg

Andrew Longman
10-21-11, 02:02 PM
The ever classy NY Post:Well... Then don't f with a Yankees fan. Its not complicated.

Or as Don Imus used to say back in the day..."Weather tonight -- dark, with clouds moving from left to right... And its handgun night out at the stadium."

:D

racermike
10-21-11, 02:13 PM
This dude is wierd. :saywhat:

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/5200/gaddafi.jpg

Hmm, do I fold my JJ after being 3-bet? Or shall I reraise?

Gnam
09-12-12, 01:12 PM
Dear Lybia,

WTF? Got Gratitude?

Sincerely,

America.

11 years of this nonsense, and still no progress. :shakehead

cameraman
09-12-12, 02:54 PM
Upon further investigation they are thinking that the attack was pre-planned.

KLang
09-12-12, 03:10 PM
Gee, a couple embassy attacks on the anniversary of 9/11. Who could have thunk it. :yuck:

Napoleon
09-12-12, 03:15 PM
On some other board I frequent someone mentioned one of the 4 dead Americans was a poster on a gaming forum he goes to and pointed to this thread. It sounded like way before much of the details were out they realized he had died in the attack.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506424

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/news-of-officers-death-breaks-over-gaming-community.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

nrc
09-14-12, 01:25 AM
The Onion has an interesting take on it.

NSFW or organized religion believers. Seriously. :laugh:

Sorry, I think that goes a bit beyond NSFW into graphically sexual. No, I'm not offended and it has nothing to do with religion. We'd rather not have it linked here even if it were the seven dwarves.

Those who want to see a sexually graphic cartoon of religious figures can check the Onion. The point they're trying to make is valid - peaceful religions in civilized societies don't see an offense to their religion as cause for rioting or murder. I don't think the Onion makes the point any better by being vulgar.

Gnam
10-31-12, 04:38 PM
Benghazi situation movie parallels:

Rules of Engagement
Tommy Lee Jones, Samuel L. Jackson: it was a mob/it wasn't a mob

Black Hawk Down
two special operators attempt rescue mission w/o support, both end up KIA

Behind Enemy Lines
Gene Hackman, Owen Wilson: General (Admiral) disobeys orders when told to stand down from a rescue misssion.

Crimson Tide
Gene Hackman, Denzell Washington: Second in command relieves General (captain) of command when they disagree about the right thing to do.

Aliens
Officer in charge overwhelmed by ambush, grunts take charge organize retreat.

Somebody smarter would likely use historical events or literary references, but Sunday afternoon cable channel movies is all I got. :gomer: