PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I would say this....

Pages : 1 [2]

dando
06-01-11, 11:34 AM
So now I am hearing that not only did Pryor drive up to the team meeting in a 350 Z with dealer tags, but he did so on a suspended license. Without insurance. If he enters the supplemental draft this summer we will never know his wonderlic score.

He's done, IMO. Thank God. Welcome to the UFL, TPeezy. :laugh: I was excited when he committed, but I never had a warm fuzzy for him. Altho you had a chubby for him. :gomer: :p :D

-Kevin

dando
06-01-11, 12:20 PM
As opposed to Austin where they skip the threats and get straight to the shooting? :gomer:

Nah, they just drag 'em behind pick 'em trucks down there. :gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-01-11, 03:23 PM
The one thing I'm loving in all of this is the fact that the Lantern, OSU's own student newspaper, is one of the strongest in finding some of these damning facts.

From what little I've seen, it seems like all you had to do was follow around some players and there would've been some glaring concerns.

But having said all of that, any OSU student in the past five years could tell you that a lot of the football players drive nice cars (since most of the people who asked me about the scandal weren’t ever OSU students, I figured that this would be something they would like to know). You’d have to be blind to not notice it. I didn’t exactly say anything that tens of thousands of people on that campus haven’t already noticed themselves.
http://clubtrillion.blogspot.com/

Insomniac
06-01-11, 03:26 PM
So now I am hearing that not only did Pryor drive up to the team meeting in a 350 Z with dealer tags, but he did so on a suspended license. Without insurance. If he enters the supplemental draft this summer we will never know his wonderlic score.

ProFootballTalk is pushing the idea that he can sue to simply be a free agent with no CBA in place.

Ankf00
06-01-11, 04:17 PM
As opposed to Austin where they skip the threats and get straight to the shooting? :gomer:

damn straight, we get right down to brass tacks over here, none of that yankee nancy footing around with threats and stalking. we also do it as gentlemen with .308 or NATO 7.62 or such, couches need not apply.

SurfaceUnits
06-01-11, 04:18 PM
ProFootballTalk is pushing the idea that he can sue to simply be a free agent with no CBA in place.

if he played basketball, the Pacers and Jailblazers woulda been all over that

dando
06-01-11, 05:13 PM

Which makes no sense since FAs can't sign with anyone and it would take months to resolve in the courts. Supplemental draft would be the better option, and he would be an FA afterwards. See MC13.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-01-11, 07:00 PM
Now I am hearing that Pryor (allegedly) lost his license in February over three speeding tickets (99, 94 and 88 mph, respectively, allegedly). :laugh:

I lay 2:1 that he dropped the "do you know who I am?" line on at least one of the police officers (allegedly).

devilmaster
06-01-11, 07:37 PM

Excellent... that means he won't be getting guaranteed first round money. His stupidity is costing him his big time payday. Everyone's a winner. :)

Don Quixote
06-01-11, 08:10 PM
Excellent... that means he won't be getting guaranteed first round money. His stupidity is costing him his big time payday. Everyone's a winner. :)I hope he is willing to play wideout.

devilmaster
06-01-11, 08:12 PM
I hope he is willing to play wideout.

i can't imagine any other team wanting him for anything else...

Insomniac
06-01-11, 09:10 PM
Which makes no sense since FAs can't sign with anyone and it would take months to resolve in the courts. Supplemental draft would be the better option, and he would be an FA afterwards. See MC13.

-Kevin

May not make sense for him, but I'd think one would prefer FA to a draft if they were a top prospect. You see undrafted FAs get paid better than 7th rounders because there is now competition for them.

Clarett was still drafted at the end of the 3rd round. His own dumb fault for taking an incentive contract over the slotted bonus.

Insomniac
06-01-11, 09:11 PM
Excellent... that means he won't be getting guaranteed first round money. His stupidity is costing him his big time payday. Everyone's a winner. :)

I'd assume if he had a chance at a big time payday, then being a FA would turn out even better.

Ankf00
06-01-11, 09:47 PM
The latest THujone MS Paint saga, "Tresselball" has been released

:rofl:

devilmaster
06-02-11, 01:13 AM
I'd assume if he had a chance at a big time payday, then being a FA would turn out even better.

Nope, thats one of the reasons why the NFL strike/lockout is happening. In the NFL, its completely backwards. Draft picks, never having played a down, were making millions, more money than qualified, decent players.

Perfect example is Mike Williams, Seattle receiver. He was drafted by the Lions in 2004, and got first round money (13.5 mil, 10 mil guaranteed). He didn't last 3 full seasons cause he was overweight and had a bad attitude.

Pete Carroll resigned him in 2010 for pretty much near league minimum, he showed some life, and now they've resigned him for 10 million over 3 years but not much upfront, so if he fails, they can just dump him.

If Terrell went to the draft I would guess he would have probably gone late 1st to mid 2nd. His salary would have been set by his draft position from previous drafts. Now teams have the upper hand, because he would be a UFA. I honestly doubt any team would break the bank to pick him up - mostly because Matt Millen is no longer running a team thank effing christ.

SurfaceUnits
06-02-11, 01:53 AM
Now I am hearing that Pryor (allegedly) lost his license in February over three speeding tickets (99, 94 and 88 mph, respectively, allegedly). :laugh:

I lay 2:1 that he dropped the "do you know who I am?" line on at least one of the police officers (allegedly).

training to become a professional criminal

nrc
06-03-11, 06:42 PM

This report says that the suspension was over failure to provide proof of insurance. Doesn't mean that the tickets didn't happen, but you can't just go get your license reinstated if it's suspended for points.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/sports/2011/jun/02/17/pryors-lawyer-talks-qbs-suspended-license-sports-c-ar-516642/

Also the 350Z (reportedly a 2007) was purchased for $11,000 which would be fair value only for a base car with very high mileage.

SurfaceUnits
06-06-11, 06:43 PM
Usc stripped of its national championship.

Gnam
06-06-11, 08:01 PM
I saw an interview with Tebow somewhere whining about how unfair it is that college players aren't paid. He suggested they all get scooters.

WTH? :shakehead

Maybe the NFL should start a farm system.

edit: it was the Daily Show
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/06/03/stewart-teases-tebow-on-the-daily-show/

Insomniac
06-06-11, 08:24 PM
I saw an interview with Tebow somewhere whining about how unfair it is that college players aren't paid. He suggested they all get scooters.

WTH? :shakehead

Maybe the NFL should start a farm system.

edit: it was the Daily Show
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/06/03/stewart-teases-tebow-on-the-daily-show/

In fairness to Tebow, he was saying he sees the argument from both sides and did say it semi-tongue-in-cheek (what they should get, not that they should get something). Personally, I do think if they are going to be banned from working, then there should be a reasonable stipend.

They are getting a free education and I'm sure anyone with student loans will gladly "suffer" through that. Stay home and wait 3 years to join the NFL if you don't want to follow the rules. No one will stop you from taking money from agents or anyone else.

SurfaceUnits
06-11-11, 03:45 PM
can't the big 10 pay enough quality athletes to put together a 4x400 relay team for the Outdoor Championships

Texas A&M
LSU
Mississippi St.
Baylor
Arkansas
Florida
Delaware State
Texas Tech

dando
06-11-11, 03:48 PM
can't the big 10 pay enough quality athletes to put together a 4x400 relay team for the Outdoor Championships

Track & field has been dead to me since the 80s, but I have one name for you: Jesse Owens. STFU. :saywhat:

-Kevin <== used to run the 100, 400, mile and long jump.

SurfaceUnits
06-11-11, 03:52 PM
Track & field has been dead to me since the 80s, but I have one name for you: Jesse Owens. STFU. :saywhat:

-Kevin <== used to run the 100, 400, mile and long jump.

he's as dead as your interest :shakehead

Napoleon
06-13-11, 04:13 PM
Parents don't regret naming their kids Tressel (http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2011/06/13/parents-dont-regret-naming-their-kids-tressel.html?sid=101)

devilmaster
06-13-11, 05:08 PM
Parents don't regret naming their kids Tressel (http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2011/06/13/parents-dont-regret-naming-their-kids-tressel.html?sid=101)

bwahahaha :rofl:

a daughter named tressel. thats too funny.

Can't wait for some airhead to name his daughter Hoke. :D

Ankf00
06-13-11, 06:04 PM
In fairness to Tebow, he was saying he sees the argument from both sides and did say it semi-tongue-in-cheek (what they should get, not that they should get something). Personally, I do think if they are going to be banned from working, then there should be a reasonable stipend.

They are getting a free education and I'm sure anyone with student loans will gladly "suffer" through that. Stay home and wait 3 years to join the NFL if you don't want to follow the rules. No one will stop you from taking money from agents or anyone else.

they're not banned from working, just banned from getting paid for a job they never show up for, Rhett Bomar style :gomer: hell, I even think USC allowed Reggie Bush to intern w/ Ornstein

Insomniac
06-23-11, 02:54 PM
they're not banned from working, just banned from getting paid for a job they never show up for, Rhett Bomar style :gomer: hell, I even think USC allowed Reggie Bush to intern w/ Ornstein

Ohhh, for some reason I thought scholarship athletes were prevented from getting jobs. Glad to know that's not the case.