PDA

View Full Version : Saturday '11

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Indy
11-10-11, 10:07 AM
Something tells me we will be hearing more about this guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Gricar

extramundane
11-10-11, 10:24 AM
And the rioting kids are just driving home that point. :shakehead

Yep.

C4I84Gy-cPI

Classy Valley. :shakehead

nrc
11-10-11, 10:26 AM
http://assets.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/DAI-Legends-and-Liars.jpg?v=1

Well, I gotta admit that Paterno will certainly remain a legend.

Ankf00
11-10-11, 11:44 AM
Yep.

C4I84Gy-cPI

Classy Valley. :shakehead

looks like when they're burning US flags cheering "Death to Israel" or when qadaffi died. we sure that's in the US?

:laugh:

PSU seems like it fits in better with the SEC West than Big10 Whatever Division

Ankf00
11-10-11, 11:45 AM
Penn State is now a badge of shame. And the rioting kids are just driving home that point. :shakehead

Yep, the kids at the presser too. What a joke.

Normally, with stories like this, we don't know the facts and our reactions are premature to say the least.

Based on what I read from the grand jury, the only thing, and I mean only thing, keeping Joe out of (IMO, his rightful place in) prison is that he says he never heard any details on the "incident".

When, if it comes out differently, that he did know the gory details, I hope his last days are spent looking through bars.

another thing though is that people around town and even former players have said that it was an open secret. A former LB yesterday said his mom, a PSU employee, always warned him of Sandusky's proclivities.

The school knew when they told Sandusky he could no longer bring children on campus in 2002.

And in 1999 ****ing Paterno knew when at Sandusky's retirement dinner that year, a year after the investigation in 98 where sandusky all but admitted it to the police before the files were dropped, Paterno spoke for less than a minute about his friend and coworker of 30+ years.

Ankf00
11-10-11, 12:33 PM
whitlock's race bit works out for once

@WhitlockJason Jason Whitlock

This is the White People version of black kids celebrating the OJ verdict.

Don Quixote
11-10-11, 12:44 PM
Methinks some little PSU frat boys are waking up this morning wishing that the cell phone camera had never been invented.

Ankf00
11-10-11, 12:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TQ0Sr.png

dando
11-10-11, 01:15 PM
From back in April:

http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-sandusky-a-state-secret/article_863d3c82-5e6f-11e0-9ae5-001a4bcf6878.html

How did this stay 'secret' until now? :saywhat:

More take on this from a different perspective:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/penn_state/20111110_Being_inside_collegiate-sports_bubble_can_warp_values.html

@Elmo: no idea how you could stomach reading that doc....as a friend of mine wrote, take a stiff drink before you read it, and have a 5th ready afterwards. I simply can't bring myself to read the grand jury doc. :(

-Kevin

Elmo T
11-10-11, 01:29 PM
From back in April:

How did this stay 'secret' until now? :saywhat:

@Elmo: no idea how you could stomach reading that doc....as a friend of mine wrote, take a stiff drink before you read it, and have a 5th ready afterwards. I simply can't bring myself to read the grand jury doc. :(

-Kevin

Horrible read, but to truly understand the magnitude of this and the skeevy nature of how it was handled, you have to read it. :yuck:

No doubt to a small minority, it was never ever a secret. Problem was that those who knew and/or suspected never really stepped up to do something. This wasn't giving a player a bogus higher grade or otherwise bending the rules in the name of football. It was little kids for god sakes. :shakehead

Another interesting read here - written prior to Paterno getting the axe:

Growing Up Penn State - The end of everything at State College (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7205085/growing-penn-state)

dando
11-10-11, 01:35 PM
Another goof read I came across:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/16056344/now-is-the-time-schools-must-take-back-their-athletic-departments

The more layers of this onion that are pealed, the more sick I become. :saywhat: :shakehead

I'm seriously questioning whether I will bother with the OSU/PSU game next week. :(

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-10-11, 01:36 PM
McQueary's still employed. Will coach Saturday.

whiskey.

tango.

foxtrot.

Don Quixote
11-10-11, 01:43 PM
http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-rumored-to-have-been-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html

:eek: :flame:

dando
11-10-11, 01:47 PM

whiskey.

tango.

foxtrot.

Epic. Fail. :flame:

Listening to The Turd right now and he brings up a good point...why did Sandusky 'retire' @ 55? You have guys like Dick LeBeau coaching very well into their 70s. There's still more to this onion, IMO.

-Kevin

dando
11-10-11, 01:49 PM
http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-rumored-to-have-been-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html

You forgot one.

:yuck:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-10-11, 02:02 PM

and there's a tweet quoting a PSU prof saying when the racial makeup of victims is known this will look like a "John Grisham novel"

G.
11-10-11, 02:42 PM
and there's a tweet quoting a PSU prof saying when the racial makeup of victims is known this will look like a "John Grisham novel"

I don't know what that means. :confused:

Perhaps related, if it can be shown that "everybody's" kids who were important was warned to stay away from him, but they left the Second Mile underprivileged to be rape fodder...

cameraman
11-10-11, 03:18 PM
This had better be total ******** because if it is even slightly true the ****storm is going to be mindboggling.

Possible allegations of pimping of the boys to program donors (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/penn-state-scandal-rumors-sandusky-pimping_n_1086099.html)

Gnam
11-10-11, 03:45 PM
This had better be total ******** because if it is even slightly true the ****storm is going to be mindboggling.

If it's true, time to nuke Happy Valley from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

:(

Ankf00
11-10-11, 03:52 PM
and **** Sandusky's wife too. she and him were both trying to contact one of the victims before his GJ testimony.

****ing ****.

Ankf00
11-10-11, 03:59 PM
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/jerry_sandusky_penn_state_trus.html

The BoT is ousting the current chairman, the guy I quoted earlier saying he believed Schultz & Curley when they said they had nothing to do with anything.

Apparently most of the board had no idea of a GJ indictment until it was made public.

Elmo T
11-10-11, 04:13 PM
No "Freedom Medal" for Joe...

Senators rescind Paterno's Presidential Medal of Freedom nomination (http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/10/senators_rescind_paternos_presidential_medal_of_fr eedom_nomination.aspx)

Ankf00
11-10-11, 06:16 PM
stop snitchin'!

http://twitter.com/#!/search/paterno%20snitch

Don Quixote
11-10-11, 06:53 PM
Westboro Baptist whackos on the way to Happy Valley. This may not go well.

SteveH
11-10-11, 07:42 PM
Westboro Baptist whackos on the way to Happy Valley. This may not go well.

:shakehead

dando
11-10-11, 09:40 PM
In the meantime, tOSU is on watch for failure to control and gives up 5 schollies over the next 5 years. GMAFB :shakehead :mad:

-Kevin

Tifosi24
11-10-11, 10:40 PM
They went through the grand jury testimony on the local sports radio station yesterday and I also got sick twice. I still, for the life of me, don't know how McQueary isn't in prison right now, and not for a cover-up, but for killing Sandusky with his bare hands after witnessing him raping a boy.

I am afraid of what will come out in the near future, but part of me thinks that the NCAA will be weighing in on this subject before everything is said and done. If the cover-up is shown to be as far reaching as it appears, I wouldn't be shocked if wins are vacated and the program receives the death-penalty.

trauma1
11-10-11, 11:55 PM
They went through the grand jury testimony on the local sports radio station yesterday and I also got sick twice. I still, for the life of me, don't know how McQueary isn't in prison right now, and not for a cover-up, but for killing Sandusky with his bare hands after witnessing him raping a boy.

I am afraid of what will come out in the near future, but part of me thinks that the NCAA will be weighing in on this subject before everything is said and done. If the cover-up is shown to be as far reaching as it appears, I wouldn't be shocked if wins are vacated and the program receives the death-penalty.

more important to sanction UND fighting Sioux for the nickname and logo rather than go after the big schools and their corruption, feels sorry though for JoePA to go out this way because of scumballs:irked::irked::irked:

G.
11-11-11, 01:00 AM

whiskey.

tango.

foxtrot.

Nope. Too many threats against him.

link (http://www.businessinsider.com/report-assistant-coach-alleged-child-molestation-will-not-coach-2011-11)

What are the odds that they forfeit the 2012 season? Do they announce over Thanksgiving break, or wait until Christmas break?

WickerBill
11-11-11, 07:59 AM
feels sorry though for JoePA to go out this way because of scumballs:irked::irked::irked:

Not me. He was complicit. How can he report to his superior, then not ask a million questions when Sandusky is still on the sidelines years later? Still holding youth camps at PSU? How can he speak at Sandusky's retirement dinner? Paterno should be behind bars for being an accomplice to a cover-up.

RusH
11-11-11, 08:10 AM
Paterno should be behind bars for being an accomplice to a cover-up.

this

gjc2
11-11-11, 08:20 AM
In an earlier post on this tread I ruffled some feathers by saying “I don’t get it either”. Now I really really don’t get it. Before this story broke I didn’t know who Paterno, McQueary or Sandusky were. (I wish I still didn’t) I knew of Penn State and I guess I knew they had a football team. Now I’m hearing that there are death threats against someone who testified against a child molester, because he coached football. What’s wrong with these people?

TKGAngel
11-11-11, 09:09 AM
McQueary's still employed

Just asking: can PSU not get rid of him because of whistleblower laws?

G.
11-11-11, 09:47 AM
In an earlier post on this tread I ruffled some feathers by saying “I don’t get it either”. Now I really really don’t get it. Before this story broke I didn’t know who Paterno, McQueary or Sandusky were. (I wish I still didn’t) I knew of Penn State and I guess I knew they had a football team. Now I’m hearing that there are death threats against someone who testified against a child molester, because he coached football. What’s wrong with these people?

He witnessed a brutal act against a child, reported it to superiors who then did nothing of significance. He did not (apparently) follow up with legal officials when the complaint was stonewalled.

I think this is why there are threats.

G.
11-11-11, 09:52 AM
Just asking: can PSU not get rid of him because of whistleblower laws?

Armchair lawyering, don't know law or all the case details, etc., etc., but I think the whistleblower laws would come into play had he done the right next step and gone to the cops. Then the whistleblower laws could protect his job.

Indy
11-11-11, 10:05 AM

Are you kidding? He walked in and witnessed a ten year old boy being anally raped, and he walked out. THE NEXT DAY he told his superior about it, watched it get kicked upstairs, covered up, and forgotten, and then failed to report either the rape or the coverup to officials.

The FIRST thing I wondered when I heard he would be coaching was whether there are metal detectors at the entrances to the stadiums.

Indy
11-11-11, 10:07 AM
This may have been mentioned above, but several people are saying that Sandusky's crimes were an open secret at Penn State. Which means many, many people are complicit.

I am beginning to think this will require something like the Allies forcing the villagers of Dachau to tour the concentration camp and bury bodies. :mad:

RusH
11-11-11, 10:31 AM
I think Indy has got it right at this point......what are u defending?....being ignorant got Tony George only so far :tony:

extramundane
11-11-11, 10:33 AM

Sadly, I have to wonder if the threats are from the aforementioned rioting meatheads who are pissed that "YOU GOT JOEPA FIRED!!1!1!!!111!eleven!!!"

trauma1
11-11-11, 11:47 AM
There was 4 incidents at Marquette the last couple of years. It was 4basketball players accused of raping female sudents. The school telling the victims there was nothing they could about the incidents and they swept it under the rug. They failed to inform the Milwuekee police department. Not a damn thing was don to the basketball program players, couches and AD and Administration. No suspension notng and they got a free ride for the crimes and they remain on the team.

WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE— Marquette University is now the focus of a federal investigation into how they report sexual assaults. It's part of the so-called Cleary Act, which is a federal act requiring universities to publish and share certain crime statistics and provide safety alerts. Now, the university is under review, to make sure they're following the rules.

This comes on the hells of a change in how the school handles the reporting of sexual assaults, after two separate cases against athletes at the school.

In October of last year, a woman accused four Marquette basketball players of sexually assaulting her in Marquette's Humphrey Hall. The university held a conduct hearing, but at the woman's request, did not contact police. That woman changed her mind this past spring, and reported the incident to police, but prosecutors said too much time had passed to conduct a proper investigation, and no criminal charges were filed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Become a fan of FOX6Now.com on Facebook
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Criticism of how the university handles sexual assaults resulted, and in June, a review of the incident led to a policy change. In a letter, Marquette said any report of sexual assault would be referred to Milwaukee police, but student victims would have the choice whether to talk with police.

Now, a federal review is underway, investigating how Marquette reports crimes. The process is essentially an audit of crime logs, and security reports. If findings indicate Marquette did not follow federal rules, it could mean a fine for the university.

G.
11-11-11, 12:05 PM
Sadly, I have to wonder if the threats are from the aforementioned rioting meatheads who are pissed that "YOU GOT JOEPA FIRED!!1!1!!!111!eleven!!!"

A big part of the reason that they need to cancel at least one season. Give the players a free opportunity to transfer with no loss of eligibility.

stroker
11-11-11, 12:21 PM
A big part of the reason that they need to cancel at least one season. Give the players a free opportunity to transfer with no loss of eligibility.

I go back to my previous question. If you were a player for the team right now, would you really WANT to play for them? Really?

Gnam
11-11-11, 12:59 PM
What about the other schools in the conference? At what point do they decide it's not worth it to visit Penn State or play them at home?

TKGAngel
11-11-11, 02:05 PM
PSU Sponsors are starting to flee (http://adage.com/article/news/penn-state-sponsors-back-wake-scandal/230967/)

On a related note, do you think it's proper for the media to question PSU's large donors for their statement on the matter? The local media here is getting lambasted for asking Terry Pegula (PSU's largest private donor) for his opinion and/or whether he would ask for his $88 million back.

Ankf00
11-11-11, 02:37 PM
He witnessed a brutal act against a child, reported it to superiors who then did nothing of significance. He did not (apparently) follow up with legal officials when the complaint was stonewalled.

and he accepted a payoff to keep his mouth shut, in terms of career. He was bought and paid for, 100%. No one can prove how gravity works, but it's obvious to everyone what gravity is.

GAs don't immediately get position jobs at big time programs. GA's got work their butts off at Syracuse, Rice, etc., networking with the HC's and Coordinators at those schools, and then when the HCs and Coordinators move on up the chain, the GAs then go with them with minor position coach roles.

This is the equivalent of going to grad school and then getting named Senior VP Captial Partners Group at Goldman, or Executive Managing Director Energy Group at McKinsey right out the door. This is as obvious as gravity.

Ankf00
11-11-11, 02:38 PM
PSU Sponsors are starting to flee (http://adage.com/article/news/penn-state-sponsors-back-wake-scandal/230967/)

On a related note, do you think it's proper for the media to question PSU's large donors for their statement on the matter? The local media here is getting lambasted for asking Terry Pegula (PSU's largest private donor) for his opinion and/or whether he would ask for his $88 million back.

don't see why it would be improper, this thing's taught us the place is 50% cult with a severe lack of adult leadership. People questioning how Paterno was fired, rather than questioning why Paterno cut off his relationship with Sandusky the past 12 years.

Andrew Longman
11-11-11, 03:27 PM
and he accepted a payoff to keep his mouth shut, in terms of career. He was bought and paid for, 100%. No one can prove how gravity works, but it's obvious to everyone what gravity is.

GAs don't immediately get position jobs at big time programs. GA's got work their butts off at Syracuse, Rice, etc., networking with the HC's and Coordinators at those schools, and then when the HCs and Coordinators move on up the chain, the GAs then go with them with minor position coach roles.

This is the equivalent of going to grad school and then getting named Senior VP Captial Partners Group at Goldman, or Executive Managing Director Energy Group at McKinsey right out the door. This is as obvious as gravity.

Maybe. You are absolutely correct in any other situation but PSU has always been the odd bird in that their coaches hang around for ever, from JoPa, to Sandusky to a host of others. Schiano was a GA at PSU and then defensive backfield coach there from 1991 until 1995. Compared to others starting out, that is a long stay at one place.

But that doesn't necessarily negate your point.

He did in fact stay and he had a reason. If I were him I'd wonder why I'd even want to stay around a place that didn't instantly vilify Sandusky. And having been an assistant as long as he has, why hasn't he parlayed that into a better job somewhere else? Like Schiano and a bunch of others. You could say that's just not what PSU people from JoPa down do -- that's part of their cult, or you could say he bought into something more and less admirable.

Andrew Longman
11-11-11, 03:31 PM
don't see why it would be improper, this thing's taught us the place is 50% cult with a severe lack of adult leadership. People questioning how Paterno was fired, rather than questioning why Paterno cut off his relationship with Sandusky the past 12 years.No kidding. I have a colleague who is as die hard fan as there is. I don't think he has missed a home or away game in 15 years. Seriously.

I sent him a short note yesterday just to say I was thinking about him and he came back with a pages long email (with the GJ testimony file attached with a point by point argument for why Joe shouldn't have been fired. This whole thing is making his brain melt.

Tifosi24
11-11-11, 04:36 PM
What about the other schools in the conference? At what point do they decide it's not worth it to visit Penn State or play them at home?

One of their recruits for next season, an O-lineman, out of Colorado has already withdrawn his commitment. It will be like rats on a sinking ship the next several weeks. If I were another power conference coach, I would be salivating right now.

Tifosi24
11-11-11, 04:48 PM

If Pegula pulls his money, then PSU's start-up hockey program is stillborn and B1G hockey conference only has five teams. I would be okay with Pegula withdrawing his money, this university deserves everything that is coming its way.

And on a side note, McQueary, and anyone on PSU's staff or athletic department who knew about the abuse, should receive a lifetime ban from the NCAA. Some people might think that is harsh, but there are several young men who's lives were destroyed and grown men did nothing to protect them or bring them justice.

SteveH
11-11-11, 04:50 PM
Donations being cheerfully accepted

Penn State alum raising funds for Sandusky (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-penn-state-alum-raising-funds-for-sandusky-20111111,0,6246317.story)

Ankf00
11-11-11, 06:30 PM
Moody's downgrades PSU credit rating

:rofl:

Napoleon
11-11-11, 07:10 PM
GAs don't immediately get position jobs at big time programs.

I honestly don't know that much about college football coaching but my impression was that Jim Tressel, right out of college (a division 3 school) was hired by Earl Bruce at OSU where he got his first experiance (now his dad was a Division 3 coach, so maybe that had something to do with it).

He then moved to a 1AA program then back.

WickerBill
11-12-11, 10:06 PM
Boiler up!

nrc
11-12-11, 10:12 PM
Oh well. Hope the big name coach rumors are true.

Hello Big Ten Network. "For games in your area, go to www.BigTenNetwork.com/gamefinder". You call that a TV listing? :flame:

dando
11-12-11, 10:20 PM
Boiler up!

Meh. tOSU is not good this season. Calling this an 'upset' is absurd (look @ IU @ tOSU last weekend). Now let's discuss Mizzou > Texass and TCU > Boise. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-12-11, 10:25 PM
Oh well. Hope the big name coach rumors are true.

Hello Big Ten Network. "For games in your area, go to www.BigTenNetwork.com/gamefinder". You call that a TV listing? :flame:

The problem with the BTN is that they are all over the map with different providers, so they can't definitively state where the games are located. For example, Donkey Dude can't get the the multi-BTN channels in Denver. That's even the case locally. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
11-12-11, 10:34 PM
And good night, Stanford. Nice field. :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

nrc
11-12-11, 10:41 PM
The problem with the BTN is that they are all over the map with different providers, so they can't definitively state where the games are located. For example, Donkey Dude can't get the the multi-BTN channels in Denver. That's even the case locally. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Bah. They know every provider and what game they're going to show. They're just being lazy. Are they a TV network or a half-ass public access cable channel?

dando
11-12-11, 11:14 PM
Bah. They know every provider and what game they're going to show. They're just being lazy. Are they a TV network or a half-ass public access cable channel?

If you caught a whiff of the tOSU game vs. Walsh replay on Monday, you'd get how poor a network BTN is. The arena announcer was louder than the broadcasters and the game was truncated for no apparent reason. Not defending them, but the fact is that the multi-cast channels aren't available everywhere, so they rotate the primary broadcast regionally. :saywhat:

-Kevin

gjc2
11-13-11, 09:46 AM
Donations being cheerfully accepted

Penn State alum raising funds for Sandusky (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-penn-state-alum-raising-funds-for-sandusky-20111111,0,6246317.story)

Do they lend their financial support to any other child molesters, or just Sandusky?

WickerBill
11-13-11, 10:03 AM
Meh. tOSU is not good this season. Calling this an 'upset' is absurd

Disagree. Purdue stinks and has about 1/3 the talent of Ohio State on a good day. It is an upset.

dando
11-13-11, 11:14 AM
Disagree. Purdue stinks and has about 1/3 the talent of Ohio State on a good day. It is an upset.

Looks @ standings....nope. You would think that would be the case, but it's not. This a very average team. Bad OL, bad DBs, thin @ LB, RB and WR suspended, frosh QB, lost Sweat and Hankins to injury during the game, Herron tweaked an ankle during the game might have been 80% afterwards, idiot coaching staff for not using Carlos Hyde more than the one series. Need I go on? How we managed to beat Bucky is beyond me. We struggled with IU @ home. The final score of that game is not indicative of how close of a game it was. IU made two key mistakes in the 4th quarter that sealed their fate.

-Kevin

Indy
11-13-11, 07:41 PM
Boiler up!

I am SO glad I decided to go to the game. One to remember.

WickerBill
11-13-11, 08:01 PM
I am SO glad I decided to go to the game. One to remember.

Don't be silly, Indy. Don't you realize Purdue was the favorite and should have won easily because of their superior talent? :shakehead

/dando

dando
11-13-11, 10:56 PM
Again looks @ standings...:shakehead. Kids rushing the field against an unranked team. Moral W I guess. :saywhat: :laugh: Enjoy it, y'all. I've watched a bunch of Buckeye foosball for 30+ years, and this is not a good team. Congrats to the taller dwarfs!

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stories/2011/11/13/1113-the-bottom-line.html

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stories/2011/11/13/1113-scarlet-and-gray-matter.html

Now '09 I get, which was the last game I watched with my FIL the week before he passed away due to cancer and tOSU was #1. Perspective, yo.

-Kevin

SurfaceUnits
11-14-11, 01:30 AM
k81jKSmAGHk

byPjkmgUcWg

chop456
11-14-11, 02:38 AM
Looks @ standings....nope. You would think that would be the case, but it's not. This a very average team. Bad OL, bad DBs, thin @ LB, RB and WR suspended, frosh QB, lost Sweat and Hankins to injury during the game, Herron tweaked an ankle during the game might have been 80% afterwards, idiot coaching staff for not using Carlos Hyde more than the one series. Need I go on? How we managed to beat Bucky is beyond me. We struggled with IU @ home. The final score of that game is not indicative of how close of a game it was. IU made two key mistakes in the 4th quarter that sealed their fate.

-Kevin

OSU beat WI, then couldn't beat the team that WI DESTROYED last week. I'd say that's an upset.

Not to mention the fact that Purdue was +13 1/2. ;)

racermike
11-14-11, 02:46 AM
EA Sports NCAA 2013 will have a new feature next year.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/images/users/Roger/askBollman.gif

WickerBill
11-14-11, 08:16 AM
I'd say that's an upset.

Not to mention the fact that Purdue was +13 1/2. ;)

chop, he has watched WAY more Buckeye football than us, and he only looks at the standings after the loss, he doesn't look at the Vegas line. What do they know about who should win and lose anyway?

Ankf00
11-14-11, 06:38 PM

-Kevin

you may have **** coaching, you may have inuries, you may have inexplicable playcalling.

your scout team is still has more highly regarded recruits than Purdue's starting 11.

Ankf00
11-14-11, 06:45 PM
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/11/13/toon_a_11113.jpg

Ankf00
11-14-11, 11:13 PM
"Are you sexually attracted to young boys?"

"Um, am I sexually attracted to young boys?...

I don't,...

I...

I love being around young children.

and uh, I love young children. But no, I'm not sexually attracted to young boys."

way to turn around your public image, buddy.

Gnam
11-15-11, 03:09 AM
Somebody stop Franco Harris. :(

Napoleon
11-15-11, 10:08 AM
Somebody stop Franco Harris. :(

Can't be done.

7xMDIcsUMmA

Elmo T
11-15-11, 10:31 AM

Certainly no less creepy of a dude now.

And his attorney on the Today Show saying that there is the possibility that all accusers and victims could be lying just as his client could be guilty. :shakehead

The reality is they have nothing to lose by making this a long and drawn out court case with victims being paraded into the court room. This either goes to trial OR he offs himself.

Indy
11-15-11, 10:33 AM

For those who have not heard it, Ankf00 is referring to the Bob Costas interview. It is on youtube.

My reaction is that Sandusky is being very badly defended if his attorneys know that he agreed to this interview. His responses to the questions were consistent with those of a psychopath who still thinks he may be able to get away with it. You could practically hear the gears turning as his self-preservation machine worked.

Elmo T
11-15-11, 10:58 AM
My reaction is that Sandusky is being very badly defended if his attorneys know that he agreed to this interview. His responses to the questions were consistent with those of a psychopath who still thinks he may be able to get away with it. .

Maybe that was the point? Attorney clearly left open the possibility that his client is guilty on the Today Show this AM.

Despite a report by The New York Times that close to 10 more alleged victims have come forward since Sandusky’s arrest, Amendola maintains all of them could be lying.

“Isn’t that a possibility?’’ Amendola said. “What we’re saying is we plan to investigate this and find out if that’s a possibility. Is it possible that Jerry did all these things? Of course. And if he did, they’re the most serious types of offenses that anyone could commit upon children and should be punished accordingly. But what if he didn’t? What if he’s innocent? His life will never be the same.’’

Today Show (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45302183/ns/today-today_people/t/sandusky-attorney-showering-kids-doesnt-make-him-guilty/#.TsJ-Z_IpqF-)

Would you make that argument if you really would ready to push a strong defense for your client and not a psycho defense?

Don Quixote
11-15-11, 11:12 AM
I think you are on to something here Elmo. My first thought was that he is crazy, and doesn't understand the gravity of the charges.

Napoleon
11-15-11, 03:56 PM
I guess some of what did not air in the interview is pretty damning as well:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/jerry-sandusky-i-seeking-young-person-sexual-helped-article-1.977730

Elmo T
11-15-11, 04:01 PM
I guess some of what did not air in the interview is pretty damning as well:

And I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped. There are many that I didn't have -- I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways."

So, as percentages go, I guess he isn't too bad.... :rolleyes:

nrc
11-15-11, 04:38 PM
"The Second Mile" reminds me of the Right Choice Ranch from My Name is Earl. "Touching Bad Boys Since 1977"

G.
11-16-11, 01:09 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Z3FxT.jpg

Napoleon
11-16-11, 06:51 AM
In July JoePa transferred title to his house to his wife for $1. For what it is worth and what I know about estate planning the explanation that this was part of a multi year estate plan is completer BS. This is shielding against liability pure and simple.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sports/ncaafootball/in-july-paterno-transferred-ownership-of-home-to-his-wife-for-1.html

Tifosi24
11-16-11, 08:42 AM
In July JoePa transferred title to his house to his wife for $1. For what it is worth and what I know about estate planning the explanation that this was part of a multi year estate plan is completer BS. This is shielding against liability pure and simple.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sports/ncaafootball/in-july-paterno-transferred-ownership-of-home-to-his-wife-for-1.html

I have no direct estate planning knowledge, but from setting up the title for my house, I know that, at least in Minnesota, if something happens to me the home moves to my wife immediately. Also, in terms of taxes, if she was listed on the title in 1969, there would be no tax implications at all when JoePa dies since she already owns the house. Plus, even when a spouse isn't included on a title, they are normally given a stepped up basis (happened with my grandfather and my co-worker's mom). This tells me that JoePa knew that the brown stuff was going to hit the fan.

Napoleon
11-16-11, 10:26 AM
I have no direct estate planning knowledge, but from setting up the title for my house, I know that, at least in Minnesota, if something happens to me the home moves to my wife immediately.

In other words you hold it jointly with a right to survivorship.
Something that did not occur to me to be a potential problem with the story I link to, but later occurred to me, is that some states (but not Ohio and the computer tells me not Minn.) allow something called Tenancy by the Entireties” for married couples. You have to have both spouses on the hook to get to the property, which cuts against the articles theory to some degree (but likely not completely).

http://www.bernsteinlaw.com/publications/062110_3.htm

Gnam
11-16-11, 04:37 PM
In Orwell's 1984 he would be called an unperson.
In Donnie Brasco, Al Pacino would not speak his name.
In ancient Egypt they would replace the statue's head with a likeness of the new coach who would claim Paterno's record as his own.

Penn State to remove Paterno statue:

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/msn/report_joe_paterno_statue_to_be_removed_from_outsi de_penn_states_beaver_stadium/8129743

Napoleon
11-16-11, 05:11 PM

"We've always been at war with Eastasia"

PS, for asthetic reasons alone that statue ought to come down.

Ankf00
11-16-11, 05:29 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/victim-penn-state-officials-rejected-claims-university-professor/story?id=14960575#.TsQAOvJmn-s

A new victim is claiming another member of the Penn State faculty sexually abused him years ago, and he said when he brought his abuse complaints to university officials, he was turned away.

Paul McLaughlin, who is now in his mid-40s, told ABC News that now-retired Penn State professor John "Jack" Neisworth, who is a nationally acclaimed voice on child development, sexually abused him in the late 1970s to early '80s when he was between the ages of 11 and 15.

Wonder when the PSU estate sale is going to be held?

Ankf00
11-16-11, 05:31 PM
In Donnie Brasco, Al Pacino would not speak his name.
In ancient Egypt they would replace the statue's head with a likeness of the new coach who would claim Paterno's record as his own.

Penn State to remove Paterno statue:

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/msn/report_joe_paterno_statue_to_be_removed_from_outsi de_penn_states_beaver_stadium/8129743

2 minutes ago - by Jim Rodenbush - No discussion about Paterno statue
The University, in response to rumors that the Joe Paterno statue outside Beaver Stadium would be removed over Thanksgiving break, wrote this on its official Twitter page Wednesday morning: “There have been no discussions about the Joe Paterno statue.” Lions RapidReports

Napoleon
11-17-11, 08:18 AM
Working off the brief mention on an Internet forum where people chatted about Penn State athletics, according to the two people with knowledge of the case, investigators narrowed their list of coaches likely to have seen something to Mike McQueary, then an assistant coach and the football program’s recruiting coordinator. (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/sports/ncaafootball/internet-posting-helped-sandusky-investigators.html?hp=&pagewanted=print)

dando
11-19-11, 11:32 PM
Nice try posing Ducks yet again. :gomer: Perhaps Phil can get you some new pants since U$C has removed yours tonight. :laugh:

WB, and as I mentioned before...tOSU is not a good team. Sun Bowl here we come. :shakehead

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-20-11, 02:25 AM
**** mack.

gifted a spot inside the 8, best field position of the night, and he kicks it.

after punting twice to end the game 17-5 at mizzou.

**** mack.

stroker
11-20-11, 12:34 PM
**** mack.

gifted a spot inside the 8, best field position of the night, and he kicks it.

after punting twice to end the game 17-5 at mizzou.

**** mack.

If it's any consolation we went to the the volleyball game last night and watched Texas whip Mizzou's shapely butts.

Ankf00
11-20-11, 01:08 PM
guess we won something then since bball went and got whupped by oregon state.

rick barnes & mack brown, a 7 million dollar vortex.

on another note. last night we were flagged for interfering with the kick returner. first time i've ever seen that flagged when the return man wasn't even touched

SurfaceUnits
11-20-11, 04:17 PM
Ac-JYp25Bx0

SurfaceUnits
11-20-11, 09:12 PM
SEC-West 1-2-3 baybeee,,,that's one division,,,don't know if it's the legend or leaders tho,,,someone around here prolly came up with those appellations

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 LSU (60) 11-0 1500
2 Alabama 10-1 1440
3 Arkansas 10-1 1376
4 Stanford 10-1 1224
5 Oklahoma State 10-1 1206
6 Virginia Tech 10-1 1133
7 Boise State 9-1 1025
8 Houston 11-0 1018
9 Oregon 9-2 1008
10 USC 9-2 964

Weres the BiG TEn :gomer:

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/11/20/2574943/bcs-rankings-standings-projections-predictions-week-13

Andrew Longman
11-21-11, 10:52 AM
SEC-West 1-2-3 baybeee,,,that's one division,,,don't know if it's the legend or leaders tho,,,someone around here prolly came up with those appellations

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 LSU (60) 11-0 1500
2 Alabama 10-1 1440
3 Arkansas 10-1 1376
4 Stanford 10-1 1224
5 Oklahoma State 10-1 1206
6 Virginia Tech 10-1 1133
7 Boise State 9-1 1025
8 Houston 11-0 1018
9 Oregon 9-2 1008
10 USC 9-2 964

Weres the BiG TEn :gomer:

Oregon beat Stanford -- handily but they are 5 spots lower this week? And USC handily beats Oregon and they are 1 spot below them? :confused:

I want a playoff. There. I said it again. But the first time this year.:gomer:

Ripped
11-21-11, 11:07 AM
Oregon beat Stanford -- handily but they are 5 spots lower this week? And USC handily beats Oregon and they are 1 spot below them? :confused:

I want a playoff. There. I said it again. But the first time this year.:gomer:

Waiting for the NCAA to fix the college football rating/bowl system is akin to waiting for the geniuses at 16th and Georgetown to fix the "racing". Just sayin'.

Now, it's Michigan hate week. GO BUCKS!!!!!!

dando
11-21-11, 01:39 PM
No, it's Muck Fichigan week. :gomer: Unfortunately I think we're going to get Mucked this season. :(

NJtard, it's the # of losses that factor into the human polls (which fails to 'splain the Ducks > U$C :saywhat:). Also, see my previous post about the insanity of the computer polls. Either get a playoff system, or just go back to the old days with just bowls and pick a team out of a hat.

-Kevin