PDA

View Full Version : NFL '11

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Ankf00
10-13-11, 04:56 PM
And I don't have to work the day after Thanksgiving this year, which allows me to attain the maximum level of drunken belligerence with the Packer-backing relatives that will be at my house.

:thumbup: I'll be drunk & belligerent in college station chanting SEC SEC SEC!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/10/espns-qbr-stat-puts-tebow-ahead-of-rodgers/

As part of the Year of the Quarterback, ESPN has attempted to cure our reliance on the decades-old passer rating system with a new “Total QBR” number that supposedly incorporates everything that the most important player on the field does.

I’ve ignored it to date, for several reasons. First, I’ve got no problem with the passer rating system, especially if the NFL has no problem with it. Second, I prefer my measurables with non-metric scales. Water boils at 212 degrees, not 100. And a perfect showing for a quarterback gets a 158.3.

Third, I feel like ESPN is trying to force it down our throats.

I’ll unignore the Total QBR long enough to point out that I have found justification for ignoring it: Under the Total QBR, Tim Tebow performed better on Sunday than Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers, whose Packers won at the Georgia Dome, completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns. His Total QBR was 82.1.

Tebow, whose Broncos lost at home to the Chargers, completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown. And he ran the ball six times for 38 yards and a touchdown. And his Total QBR was 83.2.

So, yeah, I’ll continue to ignore ESPN’s Total QBR stat.

Don Quixote
10-13-11, 05:44 PM
Rodgers, whose Packers won at the Georgia Dome, completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns. His Total QBR was 82.1.

Tebow, whose Broncos lost at home to the Chargers, completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown. And he ran the ball six times for 38 yards and a touchdown. And his Total QBR was 83.2.

I have been telling you all along that Tebow is the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

WickerBill
10-13-11, 07:03 PM
Florio makes a point here, but you can just tell by his writing in that short group of paragraphs that he is a class-A tube-and-water-based orifice irrigation device.

extramundane
10-16-11, 04:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KWJQV.jpg

Oh, Rexy. :rofl:

Ankf00
10-16-11, 07:40 PM
NYG > Buffalo. Sketchy secondary & linebacker play, but I'll take it. Can't believe we replaced Kevin Boss and Steve Smith so effortlessly.

Insomniac
10-16-11, 08:12 PM
I'd like to welcome back 2004 Patriots and Tom Brady. (Even if it's just 1 game, I miss that.)

Andrew Longman
10-16-11, 09:38 PM
NYG > Buffalo. Sketchy secondary & linebacker play, but I'll take it. Can't believe we replaced Kevin Boss and Steve Smith so effortlessly.Yes, another gritty performance and physical line play on both sides of the ball.

Nothing spectacular but definitely didn't suck and left Bills beat up. Good enough to win any given Sunday. Good reads by Manning, just not quite as good by Fitz. Typical G men. :)

dando
10-18-11, 11:34 AM
CP to the Raiderz for two #1s. Karma is a biotch, CP. :happy dance:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
10-18-11, 12:14 PM
TWO #1? Over paid by a bunch -- typical raiders. Jason wasn't going to do much anyway but he teased them into believing they might have a play off run in them so here you go I guess.

dando
10-18-11, 12:18 PM
TWO #1? Over paid by a bunch -- typical raiders. Jason wasn't going to do much anyway but he teased them into believing they might have a play off run in them so here you go I guess.

Apparently the second one is conditional, but I'm guessing they will get a lower second pick regardless. Imagine going to the Raiderz to escape the Bungles?!? :rofl:

-Kevin

nrc
10-18-11, 12:40 PM
Yes! There must be some crazy lingering in the air out there in Oakland. I'm sure that some will say that Brown lucked into this but he actually played it perfectly.

dando
10-18-11, 12:47 PM
Yes!

You need to add a little Marv Albert to that: Yesssssss! :D

-Kevin

Gnam
10-18-11, 01:04 PM

-Kevin

Al Davis would approve. I wonder if he left behind instructions for every possible scenario over the next 10 years.

Insomniac
10-18-11, 02:01 PM

-Kevin

Jay Glazer says it's a #1 and #2 and the #2 becomes a #1 if the Raiders win a playoff game.

nrc
10-18-11, 02:03 PM
Jay Glazer says it's a #1 and #2 and the #2 becomes a #1 if the Raiders win a playoff game.

Ever? :D

dando
10-18-11, 02:12 PM

Bungles/Raiderz facing off in the playoffs? :rofl:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-18-11, 02:44 PM
So the only time in recent memory the Brown's actually hit a quarterback results in their in-state rival getting two first round draft picks. Perfect.

nrc
10-18-11, 05:33 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AcEE4afCEAEpnEy.jpg

Palmer's thinking, "Boy, that's a lot of words. Maybe I should read this first. Oh well, it's not like I'm gonna do any of that stuff anyway." Hope they didn't give him too much up front. :gomer:

dando
10-18-11, 07:49 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AcEE4afCEAEpnEy.jpg

Palmer's thinking, "Boy, that's a lot of words. Maybe I should read this first. Oh well, it's not like I'm gonna do any of that stuff anyway." Hope they didn't give him too much up front. :gomer:

Nice watch. :gomer:

-Kevin

racer2c
10-18-11, 08:18 PM
Nice watch. :gomer:

-Kevin

:rofl:

nrc
10-18-11, 08:24 PM
Maybe he has personal sponsorship from Casio circa 1991. :D

Insomniac
10-19-11, 03:47 PM
Ever? :D

Hehe. It's only been what, 9 years?

extramundane
10-23-11, 03:00 PM
NotJayCutler (http://twitter.com/#!/NotJayCutler)'s killing it today.

I'm going to be awesome when I'm traded to the Jets next year.

What's the exchange rate on my interception total today?

For today's game, refer to me and Forte as Bangers and Mash.

:rofl:

dando
10-23-11, 07:14 PM
CP serves up a pick 6...some things never change. :rofl: :finger: :D

EDIT: and he threw two more:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311023013

Bugger, I guess that second pick will remain a second rounder. :\

-Kevin

dando
10-23-11, 09:17 PM
Tebow! HE has arrived. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
10-23-11, 09:58 PM

-Kevin

His 'NFL Rating' (no ****ing idea how to equate that with the former QBR) was 17.3...lowest of the three crappy QBs that played. :rofl: Yes Carson, you were the problem after all. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
10-23-11, 10:55 PM

-Kevin

Ya know it's a lot to ask a guy to come in with just a few days on the squad and... BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HHHHHH BWAH HA HA HA HA HA :rofl:

Second round is fine. Between Palmer and Ocho the Bengals have nine picks in the first three rounds over the next two years. :D

Insomniac
10-24-11, 10:14 AM
Ya know it's a lot to ask a guy to come in with just a few days on the squad and... BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HHHHHH BWAH HA HA HA HA HA :rofl:

Second round is fine. Between Palmer and Ocho the Bengals have nine picks in the first three rounds over the next two years. :D

And sadly (for me), NE also paid Ocho while the Raiders got Palmer to take a big pay cut.

extramundane
10-24-11, 10:38 AM
The good news for both Boller and Palmer is that Dan Snyder will probably sign them both to 8-figure contracts as soon as the regular season is over.

Andrew Longman
10-24-11, 09:49 PM
Between Palmer and Ocho the Bengals have nine picks in the first three rounds over the next two years. :DSo?

nrc
10-25-11, 01:37 AM
So?

So they already have a pretty good collection of young talent and they'll have ample opportunity to supplement that talent over the next couple of years.

Andrew Longman
10-25-11, 01:44 AM
So they already have a pretty good collection of young talent and they'll have ample opportunity to supplement that talent over the next couple of years.So?

The opportunity to draft early and often has worked so well for the Bungles, how?:gomer:

nrc
10-25-11, 02:41 AM
So?

The opportunity to draft early and often has worked so well for the Bungles, how?:gomer:

As of right now, pretty well. Future so bright I gotta wear shades. :tony:

stroker
10-25-11, 08:27 AM
So what's the Browns excuse? I don't follow them, but it'd be nice to see them do SOMETHING for a change...

extramundane
10-25-11, 08:58 AM
So what's the Browns excuse? I don't follow them, but it'd be nice to see them do SOMETHING for a change...

From what little I've seen of them this year, they seem decent. Considering that this year has a bumper crop of bad teams and some of the worst football I can remember, 3-3 in the AFC Rust Belt ain't too shabby.

And feel free to bring that statement up again in December, when they're 3-13, McCoy's retired to a Tibetan monastery and they're looking seriously at signing Donovan McNabb. :D

Andrew Longman
10-25-11, 09:05 AM
As of right now, pretty well. Future so bright I gotta wear shades. :tony:Mike Brown still works over there, right?

nrc
10-25-11, 09:45 AM
Mike Brown still works over there, right?

The working theory is that he has been abducted by aliens and this is a simulacrum. There's some uncertainty whether it's of the android or pod grown variety.

Andrew Longman
10-25-11, 11:02 AM
The working theory is that he has been abducted by aliens and this is a simulacrum. There's some uncertainty whether it's of the android or pod grown variety.I understand the need to believe. I was a Giants fans through the 60's and 70's. But it took George Young and Parcells and Belichick to turn things around and convince the Mara's that just being good gentlemen is not sufficient to win.

dando
10-25-11, 12:59 PM
So?

Actually excluding injuries, the Bungles have actually drafted fairly well since the Akili Smith draft. Some have taken a bit longer to develop, but they've had solid drafts the past several years. That being said, I've now jinxed them for the next several drafts. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-28-11, 09:20 AM
TO suicide attempt??? WTF?
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Jobless-NFL-Great-Tries-Suicide-After-No-Teams-Attend-His-Tryout-Report-132772858.html

cameraman
10-30-11, 10:41 PM
I pretty much completely ignore the NFL but this Eagles-Cowboys game is radiating so much Dallas-hating goodness that even I have picked up on it:laugh:

TKGAngel
10-31-11, 08:37 AM
The Bills are in second place in the AFC? I think I need to lie down.

Ankf00
10-31-11, 11:45 AM
I pretty much completely ignore the NFL but this Eagles-Cowboys game is radiating so much Dallas-hating goodness that even I have picked up on it:laugh:

Roby Ryan back in August, Philly was "all-hype team" And the fanbase was eating it up :rofl:

dando
10-31-11, 03:35 PM
The Bills are in second place in the AFC? I think I need to lie down.

Bungles > Bills

Just sayin'. :p :D

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-01-11, 11:31 AM
Best quote about Tebow so far, from Drew Magary:

"Every Tebow pass looks like a fake punt."

SteveH
11-01-11, 11:34 AM
:laugh:

Napoleon
11-01-11, 11:41 AM
Hilarious quote.

TKGAngel
11-01-11, 01:36 PM
Bungles > Bills

Just sayin'. :p :D

-Kevin

Yes, but Bills > Bengals in that they have the divisional tiebreak. :)

Ziggy
11-02-11, 07:44 AM
Looks like Carson brought his workout partner along for the ride :\

This should fix the Raiders....................................

read the latest Sprots Illustrated on Jamarkus Russell, and no even less about him now than before, other than he is about as smart as a stump.

Was that World Series great or what :thumbup:

dando
11-06-11, 08:35 PM
Who Dey! Wish I could have seen it. ****ing Channel 10 showns the Clown instead. :flame: :mad: :saywhat: :shakehead :finger:

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-06-11, 08:42 PM
He probably has some value right now. SIT HIM before he screws up again and trade him in the offseason.

/tebow

extramundane
11-07-11, 10:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7feE8.jpg

Shanahan Futility Watch. :gomer:

Don Quixote
11-07-11, 10:39 AM
Man, he has aged a bit. [/Skeletor]

chop456
11-08-11, 04:12 AM
Cutler: 18/32 for 208 and 0 INT. Decent.

Can't find Orton's stats for this week to compare.

:runs:

Ziggy
11-08-11, 10:20 AM
Chicago's defense was outstanding last night

Briggs and Urlacher, bad hombres

WickerBill
11-13-11, 05:41 PM
Oh come ON....

/tebow

extramundane
11-13-11, 08:03 PM
Oh come ON....

/tebow

But 50% of his completions were touchdowns! :gomer:

SteveH
11-13-11, 08:28 PM
The Bears are having a rather good game. :thumbup:

Ed_Severson
11-13-11, 10:17 PM
The Bears are having a rather good game. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

I've always hated the Vikings more than any other team in the division, but today may have changed that. What a douchetastic team Detroit has. I sincerely hope Stafford gets his head knocked off.

nrc
11-13-11, 10:47 PM
Bengals looked capable of winning today but with Leon Hall out for the season and Green likely out for for at least a week or two (he says not, but we'll see), a tough stretch of games just got tougher.

dando
11-13-11, 11:01 PM
Bengals looked capable of winning today but with Leon Hall out for the season and Green likely out for for at least a week or two (he says not, but we'll see), a tough stretch of games just got tougher.

The fool's gold is starting to appear. :( Perhaps its time to sign TO? :gomer: Thankfully I passed on my annual trek down to Cincy to get some yardening done rather than spend $200+ on tix. :thumbup: Now about my back... :(

-Kevin

nrc
11-13-11, 11:41 PM
The fool's gold is starting to appear. :( Perhaps its time to sign TO? :gomer: Thankfully I passed on my annual trek down to Cincy to get some yardening done rather than spend $200+ on tix. :thumbup: Now about my back... :(

-Kevin

Fools gold? This is a talented young team that has out-performed all expectations. Everyone knew these next four weeks would be the measure of this team and today they didn't measure up badly at all. Certainly nothing like anyone predicted at the start of the season.

I'll let you know when they start the bandwagon up again. :rolleyes:

racermike
11-14-11, 02:44 AM
Just got back from Seahawks/Ravens.

Was fun to see my Seahawks, finally get an opposing defense tired and worn out for a change.

They punched, Hawks punched right back. Yeah, we are 3-6, but this young team showing more promise every week.

Ziggy
11-14-11, 08:53 AM
HaHa, Detroit, your coach is a douche and his team got their head handed to them.

,,,,,,,,,,,,, they all very good friends of mine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and while having a delicious dinner of roasted duck on the Pier just last week I spoke to Virginia about getting some more dollars to the stunninging talented,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mr Forte,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I love football more than gerbal marathons,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TKGAngel
11-14-11, 10:12 AM
I wonder just how much grief this nice young lady (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Buffalo-8217-s-Nelson-celebrated-with-hug-from-?urn=nfl-wp11712) is getting from the Dallas community today?

Perhaps its time to sign TO?

Do it for his kids! I read on TMZ (I know, I know) that he's trying to get his child support adjusted because he has no income to speak of.

dando
11-14-11, 10:27 AM
Fools gold? This is a talented young team that has out-performed all expectations. Everyone knew these next four weeks would be the measure of this team and today they didn't measure up badly at all. Certainly nothing like anyone predicted at the start of the season.

I'll let you know when they start the bandwagon up again. :rolleyes:

My point was that they have exceeded expectations so far, and losing Hall for the season (not a Hall fan, BTW) and maybe Green for an extended stretch is going to make for a tough finish. Not a bandwagoner, but I am a realist.

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-14-11, 02:21 PM
3rd & 2 from the 8 for OT, and we whiff on both plays. Then again, after converting 4th & 5 and 4th & 6, they were on their 9th life anyway.

All in all, I'll take 1-1 from @NE & @SF, but still sucks knowing we gave them 10 gimme points.

Gnam
11-14-11, 03:50 PM
I have not heard a Niner crowd roar like that at Candlestick for many moons.

Good times. :thumbup:

Ripped
11-14-11, 04:12 PM
I'm heading to Lambeau in about an hour to begin tailgating. I'll be the one wearing green if you watch the game tonight. :p:p:p

Don Quixote
11-18-11, 09:38 AM
Is it too early to discuss hall of fame? :gomer:

dando
11-18-11, 10:30 AM

Stone cold lead pipe lock, yo. That 67.1 QBR is awesome. :gomer:

http://tebowheisman.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/tebow-returns.jpg

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-18-11, 10:40 AM
So our defense has gotten much better and can keep us in games, and TT can win games that are close because the opposing D is so tired by the end of the game. But he can't beat any team that can actually score (Detroit), so we're doomed to a system of "not getting good draft picks because you won 7 games", "never winning enough to do anything in the playoffs", and legions of Disciples who make the rest of the league hate us.

Let him win like he wins, then see if Jacksonville wants him, and start over next year.

Methanolandbrats
11-18-11, 10:44 AM
Teebow will die of prostate cancer before he gets a ring unless he changes his ways and cleans that thing out once in a while.

Ripped
11-18-11, 10:48 AM

During the pregame show last night, I counted the number of times the four talking heads said the words "Tim Tebow" together. I didn't count it if they said "Tim" alone or "Tebow" alone. I counted for five minutes and lost count at somewhere near 125. I think if they were given the opportunity to blow him all four of them would concuss themselves smacking their heads together racing for his fly. JMHO of course. ;)

extramundane
11-18-11, 11:15 AM
“I think we’ve reached the point where we should stop mentioning his stat line, correct?” - Rich Eisen

I now understand why Elvis shot his TV. Seriously, with Tebow, they've beaten a pile of brokedicks and have The Marmalard Laserface Floating Football Airshow next- not exactly top-notch talent. If Tebow's still starting (or standing) after Urlacher & Briggs get through with him, then we'll talk.

SteveH
11-18-11, 11:35 AM
There's at least two strong defenses left on the schedule for Denver.

Week 13 @ Minnesota Vikings
Sun, 12/04 at 2:05 PM MST

Week 14 Chicago Bears
Sun, 12/11 at 2:05 PM MST

Week 15 New England Patriots
Sun, 12/18 at 2:15 PM MST

Week 16 @ Buffalo Bills
Sat, 12/24 at 11:00 AM MST

Week 17 Kansas City Chiefs
Sun, 01/01 at 2:15 PM MST

Napoleon
11-20-11, 02:46 PM
Shannon Sharpe Style-o-meter (http://dappered.com/2011/11/styleometer-sharpe-vs-strahan-week-10/)

Ziggy
11-21-11, 08:52 AM
Cutler breaks thumb on throwing hand..............

Damn, he was playing at a very high level. I hated watching him chase down that defensive back..... Knox slipped and that was the reason for the INT.

Not good

NismoZ
11-21-11, 12:47 PM
Looked to me like somebody punched him in the face on the way down, too. As things turned out he should have just headed for the opposite sideline and hidden! OK, Caleb...let's see watchya got! ( where's the scared s******* smilie?)

Ripped
11-21-11, 01:03 PM
Looked to me like somebody punched him in the face on the way down, too. As things turned out he should have just headed for the opposite sideline and hidden! OK, Caleb...let's see watchya got! ( where's the scared s******* smilie?)

This is going to take some of the fun out of my Christmas day activities. I love watching Cutler look stupid when playing our Packers. :p

Ankf00
11-21-11, 02:01 PM
Can't believe yesterday night's game.

Ballard with 3 drops and then an epic screwup. Nicks w/ 2 drops, Cruz with 1. the line got blown up all night. rookie lb getting worked. Eli did everything he could do w/ 0 time in pocket and no WRs helping him out and 0 run game. DJ Ware has no vision :shakehead 29 yards rushing and 6 drops. @#$#@$#@

happy vince progressed nicely as the game progressed, weak passes early and started targeting well in the 3rd and 4th, buying time w/ the feet when needed and hitting the open outlet. 2 of the INT's were on his WR's.

Andrew Longman
11-21-11, 05:15 PM
Ank you can add that Jacobs, a week after finally having a game he is capable of, forgot again that you actually have to pick your feet up to walk, run or move in anyway.

But I sort of expected it. No Bradshaw, no LBs, and the Giants are famous for playing down to second string QBs for as long as I can remember. Geez, they practically take Theismann's leg off and hand it to him and then lost to, and launched the career of Jay Schraeder.

Don Quixote
11-21-11, 07:26 PM
I thought Vince looked like a real QB in that game. Good for him. :thumbup:

Ziggy
11-22-11, 11:44 AM
packers suc donkey balls

SurfaceUnits
11-22-11, 12:18 PM
packers suc donkey balls

perhaps your fav team should start doing that as well,,,,seems to be working for America's TEAM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JuYYGgmnUQU/Swb-uYtb32I/AAAAAAAAAhI/BCeprpghisQ/s1600/Packersprofile.jpeg

Ripped
11-22-11, 12:41 PM
packers suc donkey balls

For the record, I'm very disappointed that Cutler broke his thumb. There is nothing I like more than optimistic Chicago fans. That goes for both football and baseball. Their never ending disappointment, year in and year out, is a constant source of splendid entertainment for we Wisconsinites. :D :laugh:

Don Quixote
11-28-11, 10:19 AM
Tebow's magic every week is going to make it harder and harder for Elway to dump him at the end of the year and draft a qb in the first round. Sports talk radio around here is awesome these days. :D

dando
11-28-11, 12:13 PM
Tebow's magic every week is going to make it harder and harder for Elway to dump him at the end of the year and draft a qb in the first round. Sports talk radio around here is awesome these days. :D

How's this thing fitting you?

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tim-tebow-jersey.jpg

:gomer:

-Kevin

Ripped
11-28-11, 12:21 PM
How's this thing fitting you?

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tim-tebow-jersey.jpg

:gomer:

-Kevin

That jersey really should read "Tim Tebow". I think it is considered a sin not to use both words when talking about Tim Tebow.

nrc
11-28-11, 02:09 PM
That jersey really should read "Tim Tebow". I think it is considered a sin not to use both words when talking about Tim Tebow.

Not sure about that. Saw a highlight from this weekend which was actually a great catch on a low throw and the play-by-play was "Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow TEBOW!"

dando
11-29-11, 09:31 AM
Nice job G-men posers. :rofl: :p :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-29-11, 09:58 AM
Nice job G-men posers. :rofl: :p :gomer:

-KevinWhich ones? The ones on IR and the sideline in casts? Or the practice squad players on the field?

Pretty sucky but with no starting receivers or linebackers, a busted up O line and only Jacobs as a RB they showed some spunk (and not much else) for a while.

Manning made some great throws and reads but he can't also block, get open, catch and tackle.

And Brees looked just scary good.

dando
11-29-11, 10:11 AM
Which ones? The ones on IR and the sideline in casts? Or the practice squad players on the field?

Pretty sucky but with no starting receivers or linebackers, a busted up O line and only Jacobs as a RB they showed some spunk (and not much else) for a while.

Manning made some great throws and reads but he can't also block, get open, catch and tackle.

Excuses, excuses. </Ank> ;)

They were getting bashed pretty good on Mike & Mike this AM, and my first thought was about the injuries. But they did make some good points about the lack of drafting or acquiring good OL, LB, etc. talent.

-Kevin

nrc
11-29-11, 10:41 AM
Jack Del Rio out. How many more this season?

Nothing to see in Cincy guys. No head coach material down there there, please move along.

Andrew Longman
11-29-11, 10:41 AM
I'd need to hear what the two Mikes complaints were, but they did let some good though aging OLmen go -- money issue. And the acquisitions there haven't been bad. They looked pretty good until they got hurt. Same at LB though even last spring people question passing over many LB in the draft before picking Dillard. Too early to say how that works out but Pierre-Paul is absolutely a find. Same with Dodge.

Generally speaking people think Reese has done a very good job finding guys who "fit" with the Giants way of doing things and balancing value with talent.

Running back IMO is the biggest need. Bradshaw is a starter but he is hurt and it drops off the table from there unless it is a week Jacobs feels like working. If everyone is healthy, the WR slots are fine. D line is fine. Secondary is fine, if they are healthy.

But the Giants have always had bad ass LBs who set the tone for the defense. Without Pierce they haven't replaced that yet.

Ziggy
11-29-11, 04:43 PM
any news on Donkey Kong?????

Ankf00
11-29-11, 04:51 PM
Which ones? The ones on IR and the sideline in casts? Or the practice squad players on the field?

and the 5 cornerbacks on IR before last game... we suck. Eli has been straight balling behind a sieve line, no tailbacks, and rookie wideouts. Can't believe how much hate he gets. beats ne on the road single handedly, almost beats 9'ers on the road single handedly, wr's cost the eagles game which he still almost pulled off despite a disinterested defense and 23 yards rushing (less than 100 on the ground combined @NO & vs Phi), and then puts up 406 yards in that abortion last night against the saints on the road (1000+ yards put up last night :eek: ). sad thing is this season's still salvageable if we can sweep dallas & finish off the redskins. NFC East = dumpster fire

a dando post regarding this loss would be a 17 page doctoral disertation splitting every last hair, the ambient temperature, and the molecular compounds in the turf :gomer:

Generally speaking people think Reese has done a very good job finding guys who "fit" with the Giants way of doing things and balancing value with talent.

Love Reese outside of the lack of OL development. But he's continually reloaded the secondary w/ good young talent (5 cb on IR at one point and can still roll out the 2 who started for the super bowl), same w/ the d-line & front 7, told shockey to gtfo and put in kevin boss and then replaced him with ballard, picked up Bradshaw in the 7th, replaced toomer and plax with manningham and steve smith and nicks and then replaced smith with cruz.

been reading that da'rel scott is showing promise at rb, what do you think?

SteveH
11-29-11, 05:03 PM

2 games suspension without pay

TrueBrit
11-29-11, 06:23 PM
packers suc donkey balls

x2

Ed_Severson
11-29-11, 10:09 PM

He's a Ndumbass.

Good to see that the Colts fired their defensive coordinator. Because, you know, it's the defense's fault they can't score. :laugh: