PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs

Pages : 1 [2]

Elmo T
05-02-12, 12:37 PM
And the boos commence in 3, 2, 1..

-Kevin

:laugh:

Flyers' Game 2 play can't get much worse (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120502_Rich_Hofmann__Flyers__Game_2_play_can_t_g et_much_worse.html)

Bryzgalov stands tall, then shrinks (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120501_Bryzgalov_stands_tall_then_shrinks.html)

Flyers fall into Devils' trap (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120501_Flyers_fall_into_Devils_trap.html)

And that is the Philly press.

:rofl::laugh::saywhat:

Elmo T
05-03-12, 01:24 PM
Wasn't sure if it should be here or the space shuttle thread:

Bryzgalov: too many monkeys lost in space (http://www.csnphilly.com/05/02/12/Bryzgalov-too-many-monkeys-lost-in-space/landing.html?blockID=700944&feedID=695)

“The problem with monkeys,” Bryzgalov quipped, “they push the wrong buttons.”

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ikz9sh.png

dando
05-03-12, 04:29 PM
:laugh:

Flyers' Game 2 play can't get much worse (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120502_Rich_Hofmann__Flyers__Game_2_play_can_t_g et_much_worse.html)

Bryzgalov stands tall, then shrinks (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120501_Bryzgalov_stands_tall_then_shrinks.html)

Flyers fall into Devils' trap (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120501_Flyers_fall_into_Devils_trap.html)

And that is the Philly press.

:rofl::laugh::saywhat:

And yes, there were boos @ the end of game 2. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
05-03-12, 10:55 PM
Nice change, idiots. :saywhat: :irked: :shakehead :flame:

That was some seriously bad ice in NJ. :thumdown: Both teams played on it, but WTF? I was thinking there would be some bad ice out east with the hot & humid weather we've had the past couple of days, but it's not that warm in NJ today. WTF? New building to boot. The NHL should be ashamed for allowing that to happen in the playoffs. :thumdown: :thumdown:

-Kevin

dando
05-03-12, 11:41 PM
So I flip away from the Blues/Kings game to catch the local weather right after the Blues tie it 1, flip back and it's 3-1 Kings. :confused: Did Hitch take Steve Mason with him to St. Lou? :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-04-12, 08:09 AM
Nice change, idiots. :saywhat: :irked: :shakehead :flame:

That was some seriously bad ice in NJ. :thumdown: Both teams played on it, but WTF? I was thinking there would be some bad ice out east with the hot & humid weather we've had the past couple of days, but it's not that warm in NJ today. WTF? New building to boot. The NHL should be ashamed for allowing that to happen in the playoffs. :thumdown: :thumdown:

-Kevin

In the words of Bryzgalov, why you heff to be mad? :)

dando
05-04-12, 08:37 AM
In the words of Bryzgalov, why you heff to be mad? :)

If I were Bryz, I would have broken my stick over the heads of Schenn & co. for that bone headed line change For once I actually agreed with Mad Mike on something when he called it ridiculous (nicer terms than I used).

In other news, NHL to allow players to wear skates on their hands for game 4 in case the poor ice continues.... :irked:

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-04-12, 11:49 AM
your boys might want to start playing hockey.

dando
05-05-12, 10:30 PM
Anyone looking for hockey tonight, NBCSN has a Summit Series show on from 10-12 ET. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-06-12, 10:18 PM
Lulz.

Elmo T
05-07-12, 06:05 AM
your boys might want to start playing hockey.

Beaten by a NJ team playing Flyers hockey. This was a well deserved loss for us.

Unless Bryz can juggle goal tending, space monkeys, AND playing several positions by himself, things looking grim. He may not have been spectacular in this or any other series, but this loss was not his.

Andrew Longman
05-07-12, 08:27 AM
Trevor and his buddies have tickets for game six right behind the goal tender.

I guess we'll be rooting for Philly in game five. :gomer:

Or not.

dando
05-07-12, 12:26 PM
Beaten by a NJ team playing Flyers hockey. This was a well deserved loss for us.

Showing their youth in key spots. They really miss Pronger, IMO. Gotta quit running around in their own end, turning the puck over, stupid penalties... Gonna be difficult to root for the NYR/Caps in the next series. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-07-12, 03:06 PM
The Flyers will have to play the next game without Giroux. He has a one game Shanaban for his hit last night.

Elmo T
05-07-12, 03:15 PM
The Flyers will have to play the next game without Giroux.

Not good - but as a tried and true Philly fan, I will add that it doesn't matter. We'd still be losing. :gomer:

dando
05-07-12, 04:45 PM
The Flyers will have to play the next game without Giroux. He has a one game Shanaban for his hit last night.

That's total BS. Shanny is now over correcting for his **** ups in the early rounds. :thumdown: :shakehead Oh, but Buttman thinks he's doing a fine job.... :irked:

-Kevin

Elmo T
05-07-12, 05:06 PM
That's total BS.
-Kevin

You are not alone:

Giroux suspended (http://www.onthebandwagon.com/2012/05/giroux-suspended.html)

The NHL has again shown inconsistency in it's rulings. There are so many examples of worse hits not being called, let alone leading to suspensions.

Opposite Lock
05-07-12, 10:08 PM
Shanaban

:D :thumbup:

dando
05-08-12, 08:48 PM
I think I can hear Elmo booing from Dtown. :gomer: :irked: Luckily I'm used to bad hockey. This looks like the CBJs @ their finest. :saywhat: :shakehead :thumdown:

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-08-12, 10:09 PM
:rofl:

Andrew Longman
05-09-12, 01:54 AM
Devils!

Now Trevor can try to convert his Game 6 ticket for something in the next round.

And I just has a great day in SLC and sold a bunch of new business. I might have as much spare change as him and join him :D

Tifosi24
05-09-12, 07:44 AM
:rofl:

That matches my reaction after the Bryzgolav gift. His performance in these playoffs are about as bad as I have seen out of a goaltender in the playoffs. In fact, the performance ranks up there when I was in college and our third goalie had to make a few starts in a row.

TKGAngel
05-09-12, 08:16 AM
Oh Philly. :rofl:

dando
05-09-12, 08:55 AM
That matches my reaction after the Bryzgolav gift. His performance in these playoffs are about as bad as I have seen out of a goaltender in the playoffs. In fact, the performance ranks up there when I was in college and our third goalie had to make a few starts in a row.

Keep in mind that Marty B. did essentially the same thing in game one, but he gets a pass because he's Marty B. Bryz had no help in front of him. Period. The Phlyers were constantly in firedrill mode, and their O flustered by the D's forecheck, causing dumb turnovers in their own end, the botched line change in game 2 OT, dumb penalties that Pens gifted them in round 1, and on and on an on. They didn't deserve to win the way they played, and they didn't. IMO, NJD gets rolled in the next round in 5 games unless Marty B is the Marty B of old. He didn't need to be in this series with the Phlyers pathetic attack.

-Kevin

Elmo T
05-09-12, 09:06 AM
Philly press says "It was a Bryzaster". :cry::rofl::saywhat:

Most have shifted allegiance to the Flyers West now.

dando
05-09-12, 09:27 AM
Philly press says "It was a Bryzaster". :cry::rofl::saywhat:

Most have shifted allegiance to the Flyers West now.

The Bryz freebie must have deflated the Phlyers. Mind you, I only caught the second and third periods, but it seemed that they had little to no jump and were essentially going through the motions. Phlyers West vs what we are calling the Red Jackets or Jackets West. I can't tell if the Kings are that good or if the Canucks & Blues were just that bad. Taking out #1 and #2 in the west is quite a resume for a #8. Keep in mind that they are doing this after over paying for Carter, who has 1-3, +3 for them in the playoffs so far. And the Kings gave up Jack Johnson and a #1 for him. Johnson is just a beast on the ice, soon to be the CBJ C (surely to be hit by a meteor while walking on the beach this summer), and has been huge for Team USA in the World Cup. I'm a big fan. :thumbup: Sucks for him to be stuck in Cbus with the Bad Luck Schleprock of sports franchises (makes Buffalo * look like the NYY :gomer:).

More on the CBJ bad luck woes. (http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/stories/2012/05/08/jackets-bad-luck-constant-companions.html)

Moral of the story: never buy a lotto ticket whilst wearing a CBJ sweater. :saywhat: :gomer:

-Kevin

Tifosi24
05-09-12, 10:38 AM
Keep in mind that Marty B. did essentially the same thing in game one, but he gets a pass because he's Marty B. Bryz had no help in front of him. Period. The Phlyers were constantly in firedrill mode, and their O flustered by the D's forecheck, causing dumb turnovers in their own end, the botched line change in game 2 OT, dumb penalties that Pens gifted them in round 1, and on and on an on. They didn't deserve to win the way they played, and they didn't. IMO, NJD gets rolled in the next round in 5 games unless Marty B is the Marty B of old. He didn't need to be in this series with the Phlyers pathetic attack.

-Kevin

I didn't see the Brodeur misplay, but I will agree that he looks very average these days. Getting back to Bryzgalov, I am watching that play, and saying to myself, the best option right now is to freeze the puck, and that was two full seconds before he decides to play it. No matter how you slice it, that was one of the worst mistakes I have seen out of a 'tender in years. Given the amount of money they are paying him and his level of play in the playoffs (granted he isn't getting a great deal of help at times), he has to be unstoppable in net or his contract is a failure.

dando
05-09-12, 11:21 AM
I didn't see the Brodeur misplay, but I will agree that he looks very average these days. Getting back to Bryzgalov, I am watching that play, and saying to myself, the best option right now is to freeze the puck, and that was two full seconds before he decides to play it. No matter how you slice it, that was one of the worst mistakes I have seen out of a 'tender in years. Given the amount of money they are paying him and his level of play in the playoffs (granted he isn't getting a great deal of help at times), he has to be unstoppable in net or his contract is a failure.

You need to watch Steve Mason more for a bad tender highlight reel. :gomer: :saywhat: :mad: I agree 100% on freezing the puck in that situation. I'm watching the b/w periods highlights in disbelief that he didn't cover the puck. It must be tough playing in Hextall's shadow. ;) Unfortunately the NHL is rife with those kind of deals...especially Gs (see Luongo, Robert). No way Bryz is worth the jack he is getting. I'm not sure which is worse, the ghost of Pelle Lindbergh haunting the Plyers or the curse of trading Ronnie in the Lindross trade. :shakehead

The Haunted Flyers (http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7907747/philadelphia-flyers-take-familiar-step-backwards)

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
05-12-12, 11:11 PM
Rangers win!!!

It is going to be a wild whacky two weeks around here.

SteveH
05-13-12, 09:43 AM
Certain taco loving New York Rangers fan should be happy, where ever he is.

dando
05-17-12, 01:47 PM
Both the US and Canuckistan @ the worlds. :saywhat:

In other news, the NHL looks to make changes to the current CBA and notifies the NHLPA:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7939001/in-procedural-move-nhl-provides-notice-nhlpa

Buttman and Fehr....this does not bode well. :shakehead

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-23-12, 09:21 AM
so what's the protocol for scalping tickets at MSG?

Andrew Longman
05-23-12, 10:21 AM
so what's the protocol for scalping tickets at MSG?Stubhub pretty much covers it these days.

Other than that the 8th Ave side usually will get you some action but will not have as many cops around compared to the more crowded other side.

TKGAngel
05-23-12, 04:43 PM
CBC to debut web show targeted to women (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/whilethemenwatch/opinion/2012/05/because-its-the-cup-pt-1-while-the-men-watch-hockey-night.html) forced to watch hockey with their men. :rolleyes: :shakehead

Ankf00
05-24-12, 01:09 AM
Stubhub pretty much covers it these days.

Other than that the 8th Ave side usually will get you some action but will not have as many cops around compared to the more crowded other side.

on to more important questions. which Momofuku restaurant for victory lunch tomorrow? :D

Andrew Longman
05-24-12, 02:47 AM
on to more important questions. which Momofuku restaurant for victory lunch tomorrow? :DOoo tough choice. Several in midtown now though the ones I know best are in the East Village.

But I've liked the Devils play better this playoff. Grittier and more disciplined and persistent. Rangers have had their moments but they've been thuggish too.

Ankf00
05-24-12, 10:25 AM
Ooo tough choice. Several in midtown now though the ones I know best are in the East Village.

But I've liked the Devils play better this playoff. Grittier and more disciplined and persistent.
si, si. and despite the tough play & effort, almost Finn'esque stick handling and passing too.

Andrew Longman
05-24-12, 10:49 AM
si, si. and despite the tough play & effort, almost Finn'esque stick handling and passing too.I grew up a Ranger fan.

The Devils, even in good years, played in the dump of Brendon Byrne Arena (or whatever they call it this week - Izod Center I think) which you couldn't get to by mass transit.

But they've always been a class organization -- much better than the perpetual MSG soap opera -- and they make great personnel decisions. And they've always played tough smart determined hockey. I've always rooted for them... unless they were playing the Rangers

Now they play at The Rock which exactly an hour drive or I can take the train to exactly across the street. And it is a beautiful arena.

It has been weird playoffs. For the first time in my life I have changed allegiances. But it has been made easier by the thuggish play of several Rangers. They haven't been very classy.

And it is easier because this is likely Brodeur's last year. Fun to see the old fart play so well. And he's always been a class act on and off the ice around here.

dando
06-04-12, 10:21 PM
Devils fan is awfully quiet here.... ;)

Jeff Carter == :flame:

Kings screwing over the CBJs == :gomer: :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
06-05-12, 10:43 AM
Devils fan is awfully quiet here.... ;)

Jeff Carter == :flame:

Kings screwing over the CBJs == :gomer: :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

The best comment I've heard so far about these Cup Finals is that Carter & Richards may make Pat Kane look like a teetotaler by summer's end.

And for a really sad look behind the NHL curtain, the NYT (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/sports/hockey/in-hockey-enforcers-descent-a-flood-of-prescription-drugs.html?_r=1&ref=sports) followed the paper trail of Derek Boogard's drug prescriptions. What a fustercluck on so many levels.

Ankf00
06-05-12, 10:44 AM
scoreboarded fan took his sweet time popping up :gomer:

dando
06-05-12, 11:04 AM
scoreboarded fan took his sweet time popping up :gomer:

Scoreboard. :gomer: :p

Kinda difficult to get into the flow of the Cup Finals...the NBA dominates the airwaves now. :irked:

-Kevin

dando
06-05-12, 11:12 AM
The best comment I've heard so far about these Cup Finals is that Carter & Richards may make Pat Kane look like a teetotaler by summer's end.

Hence why they broke them up in Philly. $10 one of them pulls a Danny Heatley before the end of their careers. :saywhat: :shakehead Poor Jeffy Poo missed his drinkin' buddy Mike in Cbus. :irked: :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
06-05-12, 11:21 AM
Meanwhile in CBJland, a help wanted sign has been posted for a G, any G...heck even a rented Phlyer G will do. :saywhat: :shakehead :irked:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2012/06/goalie-reset.html

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-06-04/curtis-sanford-khl-sami-lepisto-yaroslavl-lokomotiv-columbus-blue-jackets-goalie

Other options possibly available via trade are Anders Lindback of the Nashville Predators, Sergei Bobrovsky of the Philadelphia Flyers and Jonathan Bernier of the Los Angeles Kings. Potential free agents that that project better as secondary options: Jonas Gustavsson, (Toronto Maple Leafs); Josh Harding, (Minnesota Wild); Scott Clemmensen, (Florida Panthers); and Martin Biron, (New York Rangers).

-Kevin

Elmo T
06-05-12, 05:14 PM

Funny - I was talking to someone just last weekend. Friend of a friend of a dude who knows someone's cousin - that type of thing - real insider knowledge. :rolleyes::laugh:

Anyhow - they were talking about those Flyers trades. They said not one part of those trades had anything to do with actual playing of hockey. All about "off duty" actions. :shakehead

dando
06-07-12, 11:09 AM
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2012/06/blues-davidson-has-interviewed-with-jackets.html

Interesting. First Craig Patrick and now John Davidson interviews with the CBJ. :thumbup: The Blues new ownership/brain trust was stupid to let Davidson walk away, IMO. Will be even dumberer if they let Hitch walk as well. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
06-07-12, 11:17 AM
Funny - I was talking to someone just last weekend. Friend of a friend of a dude who knows someone's cousin - that type of thing - real insider knowledge. :rolleyes::laugh:

Anyhow - they were talking about those Flyers trades. They said not one part of those trades had anything to do with actual playing of hockey. All about "off duty" actions. :shakehead

There was a lot of talk when the trades went down last summer. Apparently it didn't sit well with Richards & Carter when Lavs had the team go dry towards the end of the '10/'11 season. Then Carter was inaccessible for days after the trade (must have been a good bender). :saywhat: Then his on-ice play left a lot to be desired and his presence in the locker room left even more to be desired. Perhaps they should have greeted him explaining that there is a Bud brewery here in town.... :shakehead :irked:

-Kevin

dando
06-11-12, 09:50 PM
Me thinks the NJD missed their flight to LaLa. :gomer: The only question left here is whether Richards & Carter start the 3rd with a keg on the bench or on the ice. :gomer: :saywhat:

Oh, and Marty B. is getting grumpy in his old age. Time to hang 'em up, Marty.

CBJ...we gots #30. Woohoo! :irked:

-Kevin

dando
06-11-12, 10:58 PM
Dustin Brown: ooops. :gomer: Congrats, Kings. :thumbup:

Tom Reed ‏@treedPD
LA Kings win Cup. Cup has now been lifted by teams from Dallas, Carolina, Tampa, Anaheim, Los Angeles since it's been won by Canadian team

:laugh: :p :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-13-12, 02:56 PM
that ****ing sucked.

Andrew Longman
06-13-12, 06:18 PM
that ****ing sucked.Pretty much. Stupid bad penalty, defended even more poorly.

Ankf00
06-13-12, 10:42 PM
goal #1, fine. good setup and finish. the 2nd and 3rd ones though? jesus.