PDA

View Full Version : Saturday '12

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Andrew Longman
11-19-12, 06:02 PM
Ed, I'm a Jersey kid and I agree and empathize completely. Very Completely.

DI College football is ****ed. But it has been for a long time. Just look at the BCS.

Only DIII, DII and DIAA seem to be able to crown a proper champion. And those produce thrilling playoffs every year.

But Kevin and Ank thinks me be quaint. :gomer:

I won't argue with reality though. I get the economics driving it in face of what the paying/caring public thinks. As a more practical matter, how is a conference with 14 teams (but sez it only has 10) suppose to crown a conference champion in a 12 game season?

nrc
11-19-12, 07:30 PM
I've actually enjoyed having Penn State and Nebraska in the conference. Two respected teams that some claimed would immediately tilt the conference balance of power have just kind of blended in. Beating up on Indiana and Northwestern can get pretty tiring.

Maryland and Rutgers? Meh.

Andrew Longman
11-19-12, 08:00 PM
Rutgers? Meh.

I'd like to say something but I got nothing.

Except that Schiano did wonders to turn the program around but ultimately the facts are proving the Flood was more capable as a coach in taking it over the top. He is doing more with less than several recent Schiano teams did.

chop456
11-20-12, 12:12 AM
Beating up on Indiana and Northwestern can get pretty tiring.

You mean 8-3, bowl eligible Northwestern? Where the players don't tweet their complaints about having to go to class? :D

Andrew Longman
11-20-12, 02:23 PM
Rutgers makes it official http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/11/politi_rutgers_did_better_than.html

I hadn't really thought about it but RU did probably do way better than any other school in the realignment sweepstakes.

Gnam
11-20-12, 02:28 PM
Cal just fired head coach Jeff Tedford. I guess the alumni had enough.
Won't be cheap though. His contract has $7 million buy out clause.

I remember what Cal games were like before he got there. :cry:

dando
11-20-12, 04:56 PM
Cal just fired head coach Jeff Tedford. I guess the alumni had enough.
Won't be cheap though. His contract has $7 million buy out clause.

I remember what Cal games were like before he got there. :cry:

Wow. Any word on possible replacements?

-Kevin

Gnam
11-20-12, 05:13 PM
waterboy.

dando
11-20-12, 05:19 PM
waterboy.

:gomer:

Perhaps Kiffin once he gets booted? ;)

-Kevin

dando
11-21-12, 07:17 PM
kn14QQsSai8

:D

-Kevin

dando
11-21-12, 07:18 PM
As opposed to this.

0rfbRCx9jXA

:rofl: :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-22-12, 03:38 PM
UOwv_UJjWsY

-Kevin

dando
11-22-12, 03:40 PM
PXwv3JAWCoQ

:thumbup: :)

-Kevin

dando
11-24-12, 08:18 AM
Game day!

WdWolVsKlAI

fenRMl7f1UY

"There's reasons why you do what you do, these kids love this school, they love each other, and you can't forget that ... let's beat the **** out of Michigan."

Urban gets it. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-24-12, 02:58 PM
Wassup with the Pregame lovefest for cheater Tressler who caused this to be the only "meaningful" game of the season and was fired?

dando
11-24-12, 03:12 PM
Wassup with the Pregame lovefest for cheater Tressler who caused this to be the only "meaningful" game of the season and was fired?

Ummm, that was b/w the 1st and 2nd Qs, tard. :gomer: Celebrating the 10th anniversary of the '02 National Championship. I have no issue with it. Too bad they didn't invite Terry Porter. :D

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-24-12, 03:25 PM
Ummm, that was b/w the 1st and 2nd Qs, tard. :gomer: Celebrating the 10th anniversary of the '02 National Championship. I have no issue with it. Too bad they didn't invite Terry Porter. :D

-KevinProbably would not have had a problem if they invited cheater Clarett either.

tOSU might be playing for another national championship this year if not for Tressler.

dando
11-24-12, 03:39 PM
Probably would not have had a problem if they invited cheater Clarett either.

tOSU might be playing for another national championship this year if not for Tressler.

MC13 was there (or was supposed to be). @ least he's not LT. :gomer: This team is not good enough to compete for the NC. Good enough to win the B1G, tho.

Brady Hoke might be the only person to actually sweat in short sleeves and 30 degree temps. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-24-12, 03:40 PM
In other news, John L. Smith out @ Arky and Hope out @ Purdoo. Silly season getting and early start this season. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-24-12, 03:43 PM
11-0 is 11-0. They would be in the conversation... But not if Tressler was still coach. They wouldn't be 11-0. MC13 was there? They throw him out of school for cheating but welcome him back for yhe NC he gave them? Figures.

Hoke and Meyer will produce another bunch of good years of rivalry and purge the memories of bad sweaters and Rich Rodriguez.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121122/SPORTS0201/211220329/Michigan-coach-Brady-Hoke-Ohio-State-s-Urban-Meyer-could-ignite-another-10-Year-War-?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CSports

dando
11-24-12, 04:15 PM
11-0 is 11-0. They would be in the conversation... But not if Tressler was still coach. They wouldn't be 11-0. MC13 was there? They throw him out of school for cheating but welcome him back for yhe NC he gave them? Figures.

Hoke and Meyer will produce another bunch of good years of rivalry and purge the memories of bad sweaters and Rich Rodriguez.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121122/SPORTS0201/211220329/Michigan-coach-Brady-Hoke-Ohio-State-s-Urban-Meyer-could-ignite-another-10-Year-War-?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CSports

Get your facts straight. He was suspended by tOSU for a season....he opted to challenge the NFL on advice from Jim Brown. He lost, sat a year and pulled a boner @ the NFL Combine and then with the Broncos. The rest is history.

-Kevin

dando
11-24-12, 04:42 PM
Say what you want about tOSU, but this was a TEAM achievement. One. Incredible. Season. Sadly it ends, but it ended like a dream come true. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
11-24-12, 05:03 PM
Hope out @ Purdoo.

Source?

I hope to God you're right but I've seen nothing that indicates this.

dando
11-24-12, 05:10 PM
Source?

I hope to God you're right but I've seen nothing that indicates this.

Jeff Rabjohns ‏@JeffRabjohns
Multiple sources tell http://Peegs.com this is Danny Hope's final season as Purdue FB coach, regardless of the outcome of today's game.

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
11-24-12, 05:28 PM
Multiple sources tell http://Peegs.com this is Danny Hope's final season as Purdue FB coach, regardless of the outcome of today's game.

<wonders what in the hell peegs.com is>

<clicks link>

Your source for Indiana Hoosiers coverage

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4iI9iujxwWw/UJKWnR3HIEI/AAAAAAAAA18/S5d6vDQ8FX8/s1600/manabi-why-would-you-do-that.jpg

Great, now I have to buy a new internet. This one's ruined.

Andrew Longman
11-24-12, 06:03 PM
Get your facts straight. He was suspended by tOSU for a season.......for cheating. And he was asked back today because he helped them win a national championship. As I said, figures.

This was a good solid team for tOSU and I think Meyer will produce many solid match ups for UofM for many years and it will likely be a clean program. I am looking forward to it because I think Hoke will too.

Andrew Longman
11-24-12, 06:14 PM
I am still mystified by the cult of hero worship at Penn St. That's what got them into their mess but now they are creating a permanent monument to Mauti and the 2012 team, not because they won a championship but because they chose to stay and play. And Mautis number is honored on everyone's helmet today because he lead the way pleading with others to stay.

Sorry but that's a little weird. It is as if he died or was horribly hurt. He has a bruised knee and will collect millions next year playing in the nfl. Sorry but in the end folks in State College still don't get that it is just football.

Edit: the PSU team and coach have had a great season. I give them credit but they are only doing (though succeeding) what they should have done given their situation. For the fans to enshrine them for that seems to be just more of what got that community into the trouble they got.

The fan community is acting like the program is recovering from some Marshall plane wreck tragedy. They are not the victims. The boys were the victims and the mental illness of their fans that nothing should damage the program is what perpetuated the criminal tragedy as long as it did. It seems to still be in place.

Insomniac
11-24-12, 07:09 PM
Say what you want about tOSU, but this was a TEAM achievement. One. Incredible. Season. Sadly it ends, but it ended like a dream come true. :thumbup:

-Kevin

*throwing gas on the fire*

Did they invite the guy who shredded McGahee's knee? :D

nrc
11-24-12, 07:56 PM

Tressel was a great coach who made some relatively minor mistakes and then lied about what he knew and when. The standard for when that's a fire-able offense seems to depend on the media's mood.

It must be maddening for the haters that in spite of their best efforts tOSU has emerged from the recent unpleasantness none the worse for wear. :tony:

dando
11-24-12, 09:34 PM
*throwing gas on the fire*

Did they invite the guy who shredded McGahee's knee? :D

Will Allen was in town last night, but he's playing Cleveland tomorrow. They were supposed to have 65 members of the team present. Impressive.

-Kevin

dando
11-24-12, 09:39 PM
It must be maddening for the haters that in spite of their best efforts tOSU has emerged from the recent unpleasantness none the worse for wear. :tony:

And to know that this is just the beginning of better things to come. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-24-12, 09:54 PM
It must be maddening for the haters that in spite of their best efforts tOSU has emerged from the recent unpleasantness none the worse for wear. :tony:And Woody's fist just happened to interfere with the time/space continuum of Charlie Bauman's throat. Nothing like that ever happened before... Not.

Tressler was supposed to be all good and buttoned down but he was as weak and unprincipled as many others with far fewer sweater vests.

Sorry but tOSU success this year is on Meyer. He is very good. I have never much liked him but I respect him. I will enjoy hating him for the next ten years. And I doubt he will cut legal corners.

dando
11-24-12, 10:56 PM
...for cheating. And he was asked back today because he helped them win a national championship. As I said, figures.

This was a good solid team for tOSU and I think Meyer will produce many solid match ups for UofM for many years and it will likely be a clean program. I am looking forward to it because I think Hoke will too.

Bitter, table for two. :gomer:

And he was rightfully dismissed from the team once the facts became evident. The past (and present) is littered with stories like this. He was included today because he was part of the TEAM. Ya think tOSU might have repeated if he played in '03? But he didn't. He was suspended and dismissed. EVERY program out there has skeletons in the closet. Get off the high horse. You might hurt yourself falling off. :shakehead

Oh, and tOSU has already self-reported minor infractions by the Meyer staff due to recruiting violations involving contact with recruits. **** happens. Deal with it.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-25-12, 12:06 AM
Bitter, table for two. :gomer:

And he was rightfully dismissed from the team once the facts became evident. The past (and present) is littered with stories like this. He was included today because he was part of the TEAM. Ya think tOSU might have repeated if he played in '03? But he didn't. He was suspended and dismissed. EVERY program out there has skeletons in the closet. Get off the high horse. You might hurt yourself falling off. :shakehead

Oh, and tOSU has already self-reported minor infractions by the Meyer staff due to recruiting violations involving contact with recruits. **** happens. Deal with it.

-KevinIf Tressler had self reported he would still have a job. No high horse just reality.

Actions have consequences. Would tOSU have won without Clarett? Didn't think so. Meyer seems to get that.

BTW I rooted madly for tOSU to win in '02 Because at the time I considered the U to be crooks and cheats. Something their administration has confirmed has confirmed several times

dando
11-25-12, 03:07 PM
CBSSports.com ‏@CBSSports
RT @BFeldmanCBS: Gene Chizik has been told that he is out at Auburn as the Tigers head coach a source just told me.

And on and on it goes....

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-25-12, 04:36 PM
And on and on it goes....

-KevinMaybe he can sleep on Cam Newtons sofa.

dando
11-26-12, 09:03 AM
More heads rolling @ CU and NC State.

Don Quixote
11-26-12, 09:39 AM
More heads rolling @ CU and NC State.

I think CU will be paying three coaches next year. Hawkins, Embree and what ever poor dumb idiot takes the job. Great for a program that has no money, no support from the community, and is hated by the academic side of the university. They should join the mountain west.

Ankf00
11-26-12, 10:02 PM
Tressel was a great coach who made some relatively minor mistakes and then lied about what he knew and when. The standard for when that's a fire-able offense seems to depend on the media's mood.

"relatively minor mistakes" and media witch hunts don't result in 5 year show-cause orders by the NCAA.

Hi TG :D

Ankf00
11-26-12, 10:03 PM
I think CU will be paying three coaches next year. Hawkins, Embree and what ever poor dumb idiot takes the job. Great for a program that has no money, no support from the community, and is hated by the academic side of the university. They should join the mountain west.

:rofl:

WickerBill
11-26-12, 11:23 PM
Ank!!

dando
12-01-12, 08:43 PM
Dawgs vs. Tide is just epic. Great game. :thumbup:

EDIT: should have clocked the ball. :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
12-01-12, 09:06 PM
Next up: Gus Johnson will have a hernia live on air.

EzoZLfhhMZc

He's got gettin' away from the cops speed!

-Kevin

extramundane
12-01-12, 10:08 PM
Dawgs vs. Tide is just epic. Great game. :thumbup:

EDIT: should have clocked the ball. :shakehead

-Kevin

Dang, I turned it off at 21-10 Georgia.

Wisconsin/Nebraska's nuts so far. I love a game like this when I don't have a dog in the fight. :thumbup:

dando
12-01-12, 10:11 PM
Wisconsin/Nebraska's nuts so far. I love a game like this when I don't have a dog in the fight. :thumbup:

My nuts hurt listening to Gus call the game. I think I have a sports hernia after the Martinez TD run. :D

-Kevin

extramundane
12-01-12, 11:23 PM
My nuts hurt listening to Gus call the game. I think I have a sports hernia after the Martinez TD run. :D

At least that one warranted the Gus-gasm.

This thing went from fun to out of hand in a hurry though. Oof.

dando
12-01-12, 11:51 PM
At least that one warranted the Gus-gasm.

This thing went from fun to out of hand in a hurry though. Oof.

Jeebus. I knew Big Red N was overrated, but Jeebus. :eek: So sad the best team in the B1G can't play today. :(

-Kevin

dando
12-02-12, 12:40 AM
Time for Mack Daddy to hang it up. Time for Big Red N to go back to the Big 12. 70 points and 600+ yards. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
12-03-12, 07:27 PM
Rick Reilly eats his crow for his ND take from earlier in the season.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8697904/notre-dame-fooled-us-all

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8264769/notre-dame-irish-relegated-insignificance

-Kevin

chop456
12-04-12, 02:47 AM
Even though Reilly is right about 95% of what's in the article, nobody predicted they'd be that good this year. That makes up for 1% of the times they were rated highly before the season started and went on to be terrible. I think it was 2004 or 2005, Sporting News picked them as the preseason #1 based either on how pretty their uniforms were or Charlie Weis' weight. I believe they were 6-6.

I hope they add extra time to the game so Alabama can beat them by 1,000. :thumbup:

stroker
12-04-12, 08:14 AM
I hope they add extra time to the game so Alabama can beat them by 1,000. :thumbup:

Isn't Spicoli a big Irish fan? He's about due to chime in, I'd expect...

dando
12-04-12, 04:28 PM
AP_Top25 ‏@AP_Top25
BREAKING: Wisconsin's Bret Bielema agrees to become Arkansas coach. Story soon. #hogs #wps #badgers #sec
Retweeted by Bill Rabinowitz

-Kevin

Don Quixote
12-04-12, 04:38 PM

-KevinLOL at the way that guy whines about other coaches' recruiting methods. Wait till he gets a taste of the SEC. :rofl:

dando
12-04-12, 05:18 PM
LOL at the way that guy whines about other coaches' recruiting methods. Wait till he gets a taste of the SEC. :rofl:

What's the old saying? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Who's the fool down in Arky that hired Petrino, then John L. Smith and now Big Boy. :rofl:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
12-04-12, 05:44 PM

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG 93L2xhcmdlL2JodHZrMi5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=5-tfryK0LVihV8ZvVAXMye3nvY03XWdN3HVyZnNGmfc

dando
12-04-12, 05:55 PM

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG 93L2xhcmdlL2JodHZrMi5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=5-tfryK0LVihV8ZvVAXMye3nvY03XWdN3HVyZnNGmfc

I prefer:

http://blog.dreamhost.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/bobs-big-boy.jpg

-Kevin

dando
12-05-12, 11:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8718209/barry-alvarez-coach-wisconsin-badgers-rose-bowl-bret-bielema-says

:rofl: :D

-Kevin

Gnam
12-06-12, 12:00 AM
Cal passes on waterboy, hires new head coach Sonny Dykes from Louisiana Tech instead.

http://blog.sfgate.com/crumpacker/2012/12/05/sonny-dykes-new-cal-coach/

Sounds like he's knows about foosball. Hope he's as good as Coach Klein.

Know your Pac-12 coaches:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Dykes

dando
12-14-12, 09:56 AM
Big lEast about to become the Big 0.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8745235/seven-schools-agree-leave-big-east-debating-process-source-says

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
12-14-12, 02:29 PM
What a mess. The Big East made a lot of sense for basketball back in 1979. It made a lot of money and formalized long rivalries.

For football it has never made sense, especially without Penn St. Now all the traditional football rivalries aren't even getting played and schools with zero ties to the east are joining.

Put a fork in it

dando
12-16-12, 12:10 PM
Fork inserted.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8749700/seven-schools-decide-leave-big-east-pursue-new-basketball-framework

:saywhat:

In other news, great kickoff to the bowl season in the whatever New Mexico Bowl b/w AZ and Nevada. That was one heckuva an ending.

-Kevin

TravelGal
01-05-13, 04:21 PM
Am I the only that's bored out of their skull by the bowl games? I sit down with my favorite beverage (different every night) and by mid-way in the third quarter I'm looking for Lone Ranger re-runs.

dando
01-05-13, 05:58 PM
Am I the only that's bored out of their skull by the bowl games? I sit down with my favorite beverage (different every night) and by mid-way in the third quarter I'm looking for Lone Ranger re-runs.

I've actually fallen asleep during the last couple of BC$ games. Last night looked promising through halftime, but went south quickly in the second half. Only the Rose Bowl and Chik-Fil-A bowls were decent of the major bowls. I fear Monday will be more of the same. I may just have to pull for ND so that I don't have to see Golic wear an ND thong on Mike & Mike if ND loses. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
01-05-13, 06:43 PM
No you are not alone, though the Michigan game was epic and the Rose Bowl was a real old school smash mouth game both teams deserved to win.

As usual the DII and DIII playoffs were a lot of fun.

dando
01-05-13, 07:01 PM
@ least I learned about the 1-point safety if nothing else. Who knew?

-Kevin

TravelGal
01-05-13, 09:02 PM
@ least I learned about the 1-point safety if nothing else. Who knew?

-Kevin

THAT's true. TravelGuy could hardly believe it. I agree about the Rose Bowl. Only game I watched (nearly) all the way through. A real surprise because that's usually the snoozer.

nrc
01-05-13, 09:33 PM
I hate the format since they've spread out the BCS games. I want a ton of bowl games on New Years day. Before and after that I couldn't care less.

dando
01-05-13, 10:20 PM
I hate the format since they've spread out the BCS games. I want a ton of bowl games on New Years day. Before and after that I couldn't care less.

There are just too many bowls, period. E$PN is just trying to catch eyeballs anyway they can. And sprinkling in these WTF bowl games during the 'BC$ week' is just weak sauce. :shakehead Pitt vs. Ole Miss in the BBVA Compass Bowl today. Srsly? :saywhat:

I can remember the days before cable when we were @ my grandparents with a couple of TVs in the family room. I also remember staying up to catch the Orange Bowl halftime show. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-06-13, 12:50 PM

Nope. A lot of poor pairings this year.

Don Quixote
01-07-13, 11:58 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_9U_adCIAIEsxf.jpg:large

dando
01-07-13, 07:18 PM
Picks for tonight? I'm thinking 28-10 Bama. Which would unfortunately mean Golic wears a thong on Mike and Mike tomorrow. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
01-07-13, 10:20 PM
Jeebus. This game should carry and NC-17 rating. :eek: I knew ND was a poser, but not this bad. :shakehead

-Kevin

WickerBill
01-07-13, 10:33 PM
Then you weren't thinking clearly. This team beat Purdue and Pittsburgh in overtime and should have lost both.

dando
01-07-13, 10:39 PM
Then you weren't thinking clearly. This team beat Purdue and Pittsburgh in overtime and should have lost both.

WB, I thought it would be bad, but NOT this bad. I only saw parts of the games against TSUN, Sparty, Trees and U$C.

-Kevin

chop456
01-07-13, 11:53 PM
#1. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Insomniac
01-08-13, 10:23 AM
I may just have to pull for ND so that I don't have to see Golic wear an ND thong on Mike & Mike if ND loses. :saywhat:

Picks for tonight? I'm thinking 28-10 Bama. Which would unfortunately mean Golic wears a thong on Mike and Mike tomorrow. :saywhat:

The dando doth protest too much, methinks :D

dando
01-08-13, 12:47 PM
The dando doth protest too much, methinks :D

Thankfully the thong stunt was aborted. :thumbup: However, it was fun listening to Golic eat crow. :thumbup:

Now on to more important topics like Katherine Webb (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=miss+alabama+webb&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.dmQ&biw=1295&bih=692&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=gY_rUJ7hIpPE0AHm1oGoCA). :D I swear Mooshbooger was leg humping Herbie by the end of the game. :saywhat:

http://deadspin.com/5974000/brent-musburger-is-a-bit-too-infatuated-with-aj-mccarrons-girlfriend-katherine-webb

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/08/katherine-webb-becomes-star-bcs-alabama-game/

But I do gotta say... :eek: :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
01-08-13, 01:52 PM
Athlete dates beautiful woman. In other breaking news, water is wet. :p

From the female POV, I'm stuck on McCarron's ink (photo in the comments on the Deadspin link above). That's a really large intricate design on a really prominent part of his body. Nothing against tats, I'm just puzzled by the locations some people choose to put them in.

dando
01-08-13, 03:14 PM
Nothing against tats, I'm just puzzled by the locations some people choose to put them in.

Tramp stamp? ;) I get tats as well. I had my ear pierced back in '84 when it wasn't the norm (@ least around here), but the whole ink thing cover 90% of the body I don't get (or Mike Tyson for that matter).

And it was more Brent's reaction to her live on air. I gotta think there were a few anxious/uncomfortable moments in Bristol last night, and maybe a phone call or three to step away from the Viagra (does that still exist or is it just Cialis these days? Mebbe Don Q. can confirm that). :gomer: :runs: The Twitterverse blew up over that last night. She apparently went from ~500 followers to ~100K in a couple of hours. :eek:

-Kevin

Racing Truth
01-08-13, 04:15 PM
And it was more Brent's reaction to her live on air. I gotta think there were a few anxious/uncomfortable moments in Bristol last night, and maybe a phone call or three to step away from the Viagra (does that still exist or is it just Cialis these days? Mebbe Don Q. can confirm that). :gomer: :runs: The Twitterverse blew up over that last night. She apparently went from ~500 followers to ~100K in a couple of hours. :eek:

-Kevin

Exactly. I knew as soon as BM "went there" that Twitter would blow up. And this isn't the first time. There's a reason Jenn Sterger inexplicably became a pseudo-celeb. in sports.;):gomer:

Does he get drunk before big games?

dando
01-08-13, 06:40 PM
Does he get drunk before big games?

Well, considering he welcomed the audience to "The Big House" while standing on the field of The Shoe before Texas @ tOSU in 2004, one wonders.

-Kevin

cameraman
01-08-13, 07:42 PM
That's a really bad large intricate design on a really prominent part of his body.

fixed that for you:shakehead

WickerBill
01-08-13, 08:21 PM
ESPN has apologized.... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/espn-apologizes-brent-musberger-intense-focus-katherine-webb-214652095--ncaaf.html

Don Quixote
01-09-13, 11:21 AM
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww335/kevol80/hugitoutb.gif

KaBoom21
01-09-13, 12:16 PM
ESPN has apologized.... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/espn-apologizes-brent-musberger-intense-focus-katherine-webb-214652095--ncaaf.html

Comments seemed harmless enough. Not understanding all the "creepy" comments on news sites and social media.

dando
01-09-13, 01:42 PM
Comments seemed harmless enough. Not understanding all the "creepy" comments on news sites and social media.

They weren't the creepy taken @ face value, IMO, but in the context of covering the BC$ Championship Game (despite how crappy the game was), it was a bit over the top. I've watched thousands of college football games, and I have never heard comments like that on the air. It's one thing if one nut job takes offense or notices it, but it's another when the blogoshpere, etc. take notice and makes it an issue.

-Kevin

chop456
01-09-13, 02:32 PM
I demand that you apologize for using the word blogosphere.

dando
01-09-13, 02:38 PM
I demand that you apologize for using the word blogosphere.

But it wasn't ****** like certain four-letter words. :D ;)

-Kevin

nrc
01-09-13, 03:04 PM

I think folks are just assuming that Brett's enthusiasm reflects the same creepy thoughts that they're having themselves. I just try to stay focused on her horse teeth so I can maintain my cool detachment.

dando
01-09-13, 04:12 PM
I think folks are just assuming that Brett's enthusiasm reflects the same creepy thoughts that they're having themselves.

You mean, 'I'd hit that'? Guilty. :D

-Kevin

KaBoom21
01-09-13, 04:46 PM
They weren't the creepy taken @ face value, IMO, but in the context of covering the BC$ Championship Game (despite how crappy the game was), it was a bit over the top. I've watched thousands of college football games, and I have never heard comments like that on the air. It's one thing if one nut job takes offense or notices it, but it's another when the blogoshpere, etc. take notice and makes it an issue.

-Kevin

Yeah, I just don't have the same perspective. My interest in college sports has waned for the last 15 years. I lived in Indy in the late '90's/early '00's and people would ask me if I rooted for IU or if I rooted for Purdue. My response was something like "I'm from Chicago and went to a directional college, so I really don't care." The response I got was something like :eek:

I followed ND and Michigan as a kid because my mom was from Ireland and my dad was from the U.P. I only watched this year on account of NIU and ND. My Bama Fan college buddy was in a FL bar obnxiously rooting for Alabama and I was texting him in an effort to get him kicked out of the place. I was seeking payback after he got us kicked out of an IRL race in MI. :rofl:

Maybe it's because Musburger doesn't "sound" 73. He still sounds the same as the guy I grew up listening to in the '70's. I had to Google Katherine Webb to see if I am closer in age to her or to Musburger (Webb by a nose...whew!). Google populates her name after I type "kat..."

Weird, wild times.

dando
01-09-13, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I just don't have the same perspective. My interest in college sports has waned for the last 15 years. I lived in Indy in the late '90's/early '00's and people would ask me if I rooted for IU or if I rooted for Purdue. My response was something like "I'm from Chicago and went to a directional college, so I really don't care." The response I got was something like :eek:

I followed ND and Michigan as a kid because my mom was from Ireland and my dad was from the U.P. I only watched this year on account of NIU and ND. My Bama Fan college buddy was in a FL bar obnxiously rooting for Alabama and I was texting him in an effort to get him kicked out of the place. I was seeking payback after he got us kicked out of an IRL race in MI. :rofl:

Maybe it's because Musburger doesn't "sound" 73. He still sounds the same as the guy I grew up listening to in the '70's. I had to Google Katherine Webb to see if I am closer in age to her or to Musburger (Webb by a nose...whew!). Google populates her name after I type "kat..."

Weird, wild times.

Oh, she's making the circus rounds now. I saw her on Today this AM. While I concur with Brent, there's a time and place. :)

-Kevin

dando
01-09-13, 10:18 PM
The other Kelly interviews with the Iggles.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8830219/brian-kelly-notre-dame-fighting-irish-interviews-philadelphia-eagles-coaching-vacancy-sources

Things that make you go hmmmm....

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-10-13, 03:13 PM

It's all about his age. If it was Herbstreet, it wouldn't be described that way.

dando
01-16-13, 09:06 PM
http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

:saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

KaBoom21
01-16-13, 09:15 PM
Manti Te'o is to Lance Armstrong what 9/11 was to Gary Condit.

WickerBill
01-17-13, 07:22 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAxu-yNCQAAXYi-.png:large

chop456
01-17-13, 07:35 AM
:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:

Don Quixote
01-17-13, 09:47 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2028103/teo_medium.gif

dando
01-17-13, 11:10 AM
Absolutely hilarious listening to the talking heads blow up this AM over Kelly and T'eo. :laugh:

-Kevin