PDA

View Full Version : NFL Offseason '13

Pages : 1 [2] 3

nrc
04-28-13, 03:02 PM
Duron Carter - son of Chris - may or may not be signed to the Vikings.

Carter tried five different schools hoping to find some place he could play football without bothering with school.

His former QB at The Coffeyville Community College calls Carter, "the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the NFL has ever seen ... Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165011/article/duron-carter-cris-carters-son-set-to-sign-with-vikings

dando
04-28-13, 03:46 PM
Sporting News eval. Beware the auto-play video, I hate that.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-04-27/nfl-draft-2013-grades-team-by-team-analysis-report-card-steelers-eagles

Nice to see the Clowns rated as a D. :gomer: I'd give the Bungles an A just based on past draft performance. ;) I also see good things coming from Reid Fragel.

I also wish Stoney well with the Packers. He's a tweener, but has a ton of potential in the right system.

-Kevin

dando
04-29-13, 10:20 AM
Teblow cut by J-E-T-S.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9222870/new-york-jets-cut-tim-tebow

Perhaps he'll end up in Cleveburgh next? :gomer:

-Kevin

stroker
04-29-13, 11:14 AM
Watch out for the Vikings this year. I have a bad feeling about this....

Don Quixote
04-29-13, 11:31 AM
Teblow cut by J-E-T-S.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9222870/new-york-jets-cut-tim-tebow

Perhaps he'll end up in Cleveburgh next? :gomer:

-KevinAre you implying that he would be worse than Weeden? I am not so sure. :\

dando
04-29-13, 12:24 PM
Are you implying that he would be worse than Weeden? I am not so sure. :\

You were Pranked earlier today. Don't compel me to do it again. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
05-06-13, 04:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9246386/miami-dolphins-pay-stadium-fixes-ceo-mike-dee

Srsly? Sports prOn is just getting old. Heck, even tOSU didn't sell out The Shoe for a couple of games last season. Heck, they couldn't even fill The Schott for an Obama event last fall. :gomer:

-Kevin

Gnam
05-06-13, 06:44 PM
The refusal of the GOP-controlled Legislature to aid the team wasn't just a defeat for the Dolphins -- it could also sack South Florida's efforts to lure another Super Bowl to the region in the next few years. Miami was expected to vie, along with Santa Clara (home of the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium, opening in 2014) and Houston for Super Bowl L in 2016 and Super Bowl LI in 2017.

Everything's coming up 49ers. ;)

nrc
05-06-13, 09:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9246386/miami-dolphins-pay-stadium-fixes-ceo-mike-dee

Srsly? Sports prOn is just getting old. Heck, even tOSU didn't sell out The Shoe for a couple of games last season. Heck, they couldn't even fill The Schott for an Obama event last fall. :gomer:

-Kevin

Should be interesting to see how that goes. I gotta think that the NFL wouldn't be thrilled to lose the South Florida DMA.

chop456
05-07-13, 04:35 AM
Super Bowl LI in 2017

If the battery industry doesn't jump on that sponsorship, they need to hire me as a marketing consultant. :tony:

dando
05-12-13, 05:36 PM
The epitome of stupid.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9267427/ex-detroit-lions-receiver-titus-young-arrested-third-week

Authorities say former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young has been arrested in California for the third time in a week. Young Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Joe Balicki says the 23-year-old Young was arrested late Friday in San Clemente for allegedly breaking into a home.

:shakehead

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
05-13-13, 10:12 AM
The epitome of stupid.Amazing and tragic to think of the hard work, dedication and dreams of so many young players just trying for a tiny bit of the chance this idiot threw away.

I hope gets help. I suspect he needs something a litter more and different from the jail time he is surely facing.

Gnam
05-21-13, 04:11 PM
Super Bowl L brought to you by the Santa Clara 49ers.
:D

Good times.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2013/05/bay-area-picked-host-super-bowl-2016

Gnam
05-21-13, 07:10 PM
uh-oh. Bad omen.

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh to drive pace car at Indy 500

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/05/21/coach-start-your-pace-car-harbaugh-will-have-ceremonial-role-at-indy-500/

SteveH
05-21-13, 07:22 PM
That Indy Super Bowl tie in is finally paying off. :gomer:

dando
05-22-13, 06:11 AM
Super Bowl L brought to you by the Santa Clara 49ers.
:D

Good times.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2013/05/bay-area-picked-host-super-bowl-2016

I predict much orange and black in your neck of the woods. :D

-Kevin

dando
05-23-13, 08:31 AM
uh-oh. Bad omen.

Worse.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9302082/michael-crabtree-san-francisco-49ers-surgery-torn-achilles

Bring back Randy ASAP.

-Kevin

Gnam
05-28-13, 03:53 PM
Security guard gets knocked out by Maurice Jones-Drew: laughs all the way to the bank.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_23337928/report-maurice-jones-drew-charged-punching-security-guard

dando
06-10-13, 03:22 PM
<George Thorogood>Bad to the bone...</George Thorogood>

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9362043/pacman-jones-cincinnati-bengals-arrested

Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones tweeted Monday that he has been arrested for an incident in which he was "protecting" himself.

Cincinnati City Prosecutor Charlie Rubenstein told the Cincinnati Enquirer that Jones was arrested on one count of assault for punching a female patron outside of a downtown bar.

:saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

Gnam
06-10-13, 06:22 PM
Tebow to Patriots.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210586/article/tim-tebow-to-new-england-patriots

The intensity of the hate focused on the New England Patriots+Tebow should make for a balmy winter. :p

cameraman
06-10-13, 07:24 PM
Third string QB at ripe old age of 25 behind a promising 25 year old second string quarterback. Way to manage a career:rolleyes:

nrc
06-10-13, 11:09 PM
Third string QB at ripe old age of 25 behind a promising 25 year old second string quarterback. Way to manage a career:rolleyes:

Bellichek will work his magic, just like he did with Ocho Cinco.

Meanwhile Chad has been sentenced to 30 days for domestic violence.

It appears a plea deal that called for no jail time could have been reached had Johnson behaved with more respect in court Monday. Broward County Circuit Judge Kathleen McHugh rejected the deal after Johnson slapped his attorney on the butt in a playful manner.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210473/article/chad-johnson-headed-to-jail-for-30-days-after-butt-slap

nrc
06-10-13, 11:21 PM
Jags to London?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/22357154/london-calling-nfl-wants-uk-team-and-soon-jags-look-like-best-fit

SteveH
06-10-13, 11:40 PM
Jags to London?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/22357154/london-calling-nfl-wants-uk-team-and-soon-jags-look-like-best-fit

I can see a London based team happening. I went to the Bear/Bucanneers game at Wembly in 2011. Very impressed with everything. The NFL has been building a fan base there for years, as well as western Europe. The NFL had a huge pep rally in central London the day before. Tons of media coverage. A very knowledgable fan base (they have watched our day games live on Sunday night for years). The only odd thing was no tailgating! Everyone arrived by mass transit. :D

Would I go back to see the Bears play the local home team? Yes, indeed. In a heartbeat.

stroker
06-11-13, 09:11 AM
I could see Canada or Mexico before England.... :confused:

Andrew Longman
06-11-13, 10:17 AM
I expect the NFL will be pay per view before too long.

And it will be a huge mistake.

And I think trying Europe (again) will be a mistake.

But they will continue to think they need to do this crap to keep growing. That's how they wound up with a team in a stupid place like Jacksonville. (it is a fine place just stupid to think it is an NFL city)

dando
06-11-13, 11:37 AM

I seriously doubt that considering the attendance challenges ALL sports face today. Sell outs in many markets are becoming the exception and not the rule. Even tOSU didn't sell out all games last season, and it was a TUN @ home season. NASCAB is stumbling as well. 10 years ago, who woulda thunk Bristol would need to advertise? Also, a move like that would decimate advertising revenues. Don't see it happening, but never say never. They need to address LA first. Beyond m mind that Magic and his group bought the pathetic Dodgers for $2B, yet there is no NFL team in LA. MLB is withering, the NFL is growing. Do the math.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
06-11-13, 12:43 PM
Kevin you might have a point, but the NFL is increasingly a TV product. That's where the money really is (or so they think) and they are making the in person experience more and more like watching it on TV. Cripes, go to a Dallas game and you have a better view of the jumbotron than the field.

At the same time, the networks are getting to the point that they can't spend more (or even what they are spending now) for NFL rights. They lose money on it unless you figure in the promotion they get to do to a big audience for the rest of their lineup (which fewer and fewer people are watching - or at least watching the ads)

Insomniac
06-11-13, 12:43 PM
Tebow to Patriots.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210586/article/tim-tebow-to-new-england-patriots

The intensity of the hate focused on the New England Patriots+Tebow should make for a balmy winter. :p

Tebow is so awesome that Pats haters will buy Pats jerseys with Tebow on the back. Robert Kraft is just seeing $$$ and Belichick is being arrogant.

Andrew Longman
06-11-13, 12:51 PM
My guess is Belicick has convinced Tebow to play TE or Hback and he will score the winning touchdown in their first game against the Jets. Bet on it. :D

Insomniac
06-11-13, 12:55 PM

And it will be a huge mistake.

And I think trying Europe (again) will be a mistake.

But they will continue to think they need to do this crap to keep growing. That's how they wound up with a team in a stupid place like Jacksonville. (it is a fine place just stupid to think it is an NFL city)

I don't see NFL ever going to PPV outside of out-of-market PPV. Their anti-trust exemption would be threatened at the hint of the local team not being on local TV. They must've explored cable as an option, but the networks seem to be the most revenue still.

I agree Europe won't pan out for a permanent team, but it seems like they want to try it. Might be another 10 years away if they're going to move a team. They're trying to establish one team there. They tried with TB, then the Rams and now Jax. Once they can build a fan base for one team, not just the NFL, it has a better chance to succeed. I think scheduling (they have to give each team a bye week following an away game there now) and a lack of desire for free agents to live there may ultimately doom them.

Gnam
06-11-13, 01:11 PM
My guess is Belicick has convinced Tebow to play TE or Hback and he will score the winning touchdown in their first game against the Jets. Bet on it. :D

No No No. The play will be a halfback pass to Tom Brady thrown by Tebow. Tebow beats the Jets as a QB. ;)

WickerBill
06-11-13, 01:33 PM
What's that? I already pay hundreds of dollars a year to DirecTV to see Denver play. You mean not everyone has to do that?

(where's the "I'm a sucker" smiley?)

Andrew Longman
06-11-13, 03:08 PM
No No No. The play will be a halfback pass to Tom Brady thrown by Tebow. Tebow beats the Jets as a QB. ;)I like it!

Andrew Longman
06-11-13, 03:16 PM
I don't see NFL ever going to PPV outside of out-of-market PPV. Their anti-trust exemption would be threatened at the hint of the local team not being on local TV. They must've explored cable as an option, but the networks seem to be the most revenue still.They do cable only games now. Thursday night NFL Network games and Monday ESPN games.

They will continue to search for ways to grow their top line. That's what they've always done. Many owners need to grow out of the debt they've piled up and their business models demands it.

But they are running out of options. Media is changing and so are viewing habits and in many ways people haven't figured out how to make money at it. They've sold about as many PSLs and Swag as they can. They can't possibly charge more or for more things. PPV may be it. But I still think it would be a huge mistake.

And I wouldn't put it past the NFL lawyers and/or lobbyists to get around the local over the air/antitrust thing or just paying Congress to change it.

dando
06-11-13, 04:52 PM
They do cable only games now. Thursday night NFL Network games and Monday ESPN games.

They will continue to search for ways to grow their top line. That's what they've always done. Many owners need to grow out of the debt they've piled up and their business models demands it.

But they are running out of options. Media is changing and so are viewing habits and in many ways people haven't figured out how to make money at it. They've sold about as many PSLs and Swag as they can. They can't possibly charge more or for more things. PPV may be it. But I still think it would be a huge mistake.

And I wouldn't put it past the NFL lawyers and/or lobbyists to get around the local over the air/antitrust thing or just paying Congress to change it.

AL, yes they do, but part of that is a ploy by E$PN to increase costs and pass along higher per user rates to the cable and DBS cos. Note that the Mouse is only a limited partner with the NFL for MNF, some playoff games and one in four SBs. Now, consider NFL Network. How long did it take the NFL to get TWC into the fold. 5 years? The #2 cable co. TWC would not even offer NFLN as a subscription offering. A few of the local cable cos. actually dropped it. Even BTN managed to get onto TWC after one season. Any attempt to move to PPV is 5-10 years out if then. TKG can do a better assessment than me, but this would be fraught with peril and foolish. Heck even Sunday Ticket is not offered on provider other than DirecTV because DTV is foolish enough to pay $4B for the current deal (2009 until 2014). I would see that becoming 'open' for other providers as a subscription service before PPV is even considered. It's a fine line the NFL walks here. Just my $.02....

-Kevin

Gnam
06-11-13, 06:12 PM
But they are running out of options. Media is changing and so are viewing habits and in many ways people haven't figured out how to make money at it. They've sold about as many PSLs and Swag as they can. They can't possibly charge more or for more things.
It wouldn't surprise me to see them start charging the players a fee for uniforms or to rent locker space. If you can't raise prices, shift the costs to other people.

Lease the team gym to 24 hr Fitness or Curves and charge a premium to work out with the NFL players. Of course all active roster players would be offered a 10% team discount on monthly membership fees and a free stainless steel water bottle. No refunds if you get cut in preseason.

Andrew Longman
06-11-13, 06:43 PM
TWC and many cable cos didn't/won't pay NFLN asking price because it was way too much without Sunday Ticket. Without the few games on there it is pretty devoid of compelling content, especially in the off season.

I think we agree it is a bad idea and we agree the NFL would find it difficult to impossible to pull off. Doesn't mean they won't try or even do it before they see how stupid it is.

Look at the NHL. The owners got hooked on selling franchises as a way of growing their top line but it was completely unsustainable and the whole league fell apart and we are still living with strikes and fallout as the owners try to get costs aligned with more realistic revenue expectations. Anyone could have told them it was a bad idea but they were determined to get as many fanchise fees as possible with no end game in sight.

And then there was this thing called the Indy RacingLeague... :tony:

Insomniac
06-12-13, 09:51 AM
They do cable only games now. Thursday night NFL Network games and Monday ESPN games.

I wasn't saying they don't do that, but that the bigger money was in network TV right now. Adding to what dando said, all cable games are simulcast on local TV. In addition, ESPN had the leverage to cover the cost of the package. As the content providers grow in power, some may become viable targets for NFL games. We'll have to see how the TV landscape changes. Content owners are adding and bundling more channels and consumers are seeing annual $4-$5 rate increases now. Content providers are merging with content owners as well. However, I maintain at a minimum, the local team must be on local TV. The ratings on cable don't touch the ratings on network TV. It's the best platform for televising games that are played at the same time. It would be harder for ESPN (not impossible) to broadcast all AFC games and then have providers display what's best for the local market.

Not sure how much debt these guys have. Taxpayers pick up part, or all of, the big bills. The rest is then a loan from the other owners. They get $7B/yr starting in 2014. That's a lot of PPV. Also doesn't encourage much growth, especially if the local team stinks.

dando
06-12-13, 10:16 AM
It would be harder for ESPN (not impossible) to broadcast all AFC games and then have providers display what's best for the local market....Also doesn't encourage much growth, especially if the local team stinks.

E$PN is already doing this regionally for CFB, I can't imagine it would take much to narrow the areas to receive certain games. Although, there are some oddball areas out there. My mom, who lives in Hilton Head, gets a mix a game from Charleston and Savannah stations with either Carolina, Jax, or Hotlanta. Charleston may carry Carolina, Savannah the Jags...they get both CBS/Fox channels on their TWC feed. One wonders how long that will continue, as it's a legacy from Adelphia, which TWC acquired a couple of years ago. I'd be curious to see how much the NFLN needle moved after gaining access to TWC last season. Many, like me, were not aware NFLN was added. TiVo eventually told me a week or so after it was added (IIRC, the first two weeks it was there, but not listed in the guide).

-Kevin

dando
06-12-13, 10:27 AM
Tebow on the cheap:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4744392/tebow-contract-details

No guaranteed jack.

</Rachel Ray $40/day>

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-12-13, 03:20 PM
E$PN is already doing this regionally for CFB, I can't imagine it would take much to narrow the areas to receive certain games. Although, there are some oddball areas out there. My mom, who lives in Hilton Head, gets a mix a game from Charleston and Savannah stations with either Carolina, Jax, or Hotlanta. Charleston may carry Carolina, Savannah the Jags...they get both CBS/Fox channels on their TWC feed. One wonders how long that will continue, as it's a legacy from Adelphia, which TWC acquired a couple of years ago. I'd be curious to see how much the NFLN needle moved after gaining access to TWC last season. Many, like me, were not aware NFLN was added. TiVo eventually told me a week or so after it was added (IIRC, the first two weeks it was there, but not listed in the guide).

-Kevin

Now that you mention it, they could likely use the same bandwidth/satellites they use for ESPN GamePlan on Saturdays. Guess they just have to up the ante for the NFL to take the heat of having only 1 game per week on local TV.

dando
06-12-13, 04:20 PM
Now that you mention it, they could likely use the same bandwidth/satellites they use for ESPN GamePlan on Saturdays. Guess they just have to up the ante for the NFL to take the heat of having only 1 game per week on local TV.

Use or used? Does GamePlan still exist?

-Kevin

dando
06-12-13, 04:35 PM
Speaking of E$PN, E$PN 3D 'tis no more. RIP.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57588983-221/espn-to-drop-3d-channel-in-2013/

Something I predicted when they announced it. About as foolish as the E$PN Mobile service, which died less than a year after launch (7 mos. ?!?). I still think 3D TV is a pipe dream (as in crack pipe) as well.

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2006-10-29/espns-cell-phone-fumble

-Kevin

dando
06-12-13, 07:02 PM
Speaking of E$PN, E$PN 3D 'tis no more. RIP.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57588983-221/espn-to-drop-3d-channel-in-2013/

Something I predicted when they announced it. About as foolish as the E$PN Mobile service, which died less than a year after launch (7 mos. ?!?). I still think 3D TV is a pipe dream (as in crack pipe) as well.

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2006-10-29/espns-cell-phone-fumble

-Kevin

WickerBill
06-12-13, 07:08 PM
Props for making that post in 3D

Insomniac
06-13-13, 02:00 PM
Use or used? Does GamePlan still exist?

-Kevin

I think it does. I never ordered it. I'll watch for it in my guide this fall.

WickerBill
06-15-13, 11:44 AM
Looks like Hard Knocks gets the Bengals again...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22421783/report-bengals-to-be-subject-of-hard-knocks-again

nrc
06-15-13, 01:36 PM
Looks like Hard Knocks gets the Bengals again...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22421783/report-bengals-to-be-subject-of-hard-knocks-again

I hope that's a good thing. Teach these guys how to deal with attention and success. The last time around they won the AFC North.

SteveH
06-15-13, 08:48 PM
Boeing to Launch Stretch 787 in Paris

Boeing Co. is close to formally launching a third version of its 787 Dreamliner and securing its first firm orders for the stretch-bodied jetliner, according to people familiar with the company's plans.

The aerospace company is expected to name at least three customers for the plane, known as the 787-10, at next week's Paris air show, including launch customers from Asia, Europe, and the U.S.

The version of the Dreamliner currently in operation, the 787-8, which has about 240 seats, resumed flights in late April after a three-month grounding triggered by burning lithium-ion batteries, and Boeing is looking to regain its momentum by sparking sales of the new 320-seat 787-10. Boeing also sells an intermediate-sized Dreamliner version, the 787-9, with 270 seats, that it is expected to start delivering next year.

First threee paragraphs, article is behind the pay wall
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323734304578543762260626432.html

WickerBill
06-15-13, 10:27 PM
Is that an indictment of the New York Jets? ;)

Insomniac
06-16-13, 10:07 AM
How about some international incident news:

In particular, Kraft's recollection of a 2005 meeting with Russian president Vladimir Putin were of interest to the Post, as Putin came away from the meeting with Kraft's Super Bowl ring.

“I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,’” Kraft told the crowd, according to the Post. “I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

Kraft released a statement at the time saying that he gave the ring to Putin as a gift.

But on Thursday night, he told the crowd that he "really wanted the 4.94-carat bauble back, admitting he’d gotten a call from the George W. Bush-run White House, saying, 'It would really be in the best interest of US-Soviet relations if you meant to give the ring as a present.'"

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/kraft_putin_stole_bowl_ring_qtB16b5PI0jipYT6tQxUGO

dando
06-16-13, 10:20 AM
How about some international incident news:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/kraft_putin_stole_bowl_ring_qtB16b5PI0jipYT6tQxUGO

No he dint.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/16/world/europe/russia-putin-ring/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

:gomer:

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-16-13, 11:55 AM
No he dint.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/16/world/europe/russia-putin-ring/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

-Kevin

I trust his wife. Her account from 2007: http://www.jrtelegraph.com/2007/03/myra_kraft_puti.html

Although her account says Sandy Weill asked him to let it go.

nrc
06-17-13, 04:16 PM
Adam Jones will speak at the NFL Rookie Symposium again. I guess he's a bit of a subject matter expert on what not to do.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9395761/pacman-jones-cincinnati-bengals-again-talk-nfl-rookies

Insomniac
06-17-13, 04:38 PM
Adam Jones will speak at the NFL Rookie Symposium again. I guess he's a bit of a subject matter expert on what not to do.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9395761/pacman-jones-cincinnati-bengals-again-talk-nfl-rookies

But apparently not on stopping what not to do.

dando
06-19-13, 11:10 PM
Not looking good for Hernandez.

Ted Daniel ‏@TedDanielFOX25 30m
LAW SOURCE: Forensic evidence places vehicle "driven by" Aaron Hernandez at "crime scene". Don't know what scene that is.
Retweeted by Bruce Hooley

-Kevin

dando
06-20-13, 11:33 AM
Pats new TE?

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2013/06/20/will-tebow-be-the-patriots-tight-end-this-season/

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-20-13, 11:51 AM
Don't draft any NE TEs this year for fantasy football.

dando
06-20-13, 05:30 PM
Don't draft any NE TEs this year for fantasy football.

One, well me and nrc, would hope that Gresh finally shows the skillz that were hyped during the draft three years ago.

On Hernandez, the plot thickens:

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19445131&ref=http://t.co/6c4a2whujx

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
06-20-13, 08:14 PM
Pats new TE?Told ya!

dando
06-20-13, 08:41 PM
In addition to what ABC reported earlier, they are also reporting that Hernandez had a massive cleaning crew clean his homizzle Monday. Also, arrest may be imminent. Dumb ass.

UPDATE: arrest warrant issued.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9409826/police-issue-arrest-warrant-aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-reports-abc-news

-Kevin

chop456
06-21-13, 01:27 AM
I keep telling people and nobody seems to listen.

You got to keep it real. :thumbup:

Insomniac
06-21-13, 08:23 AM
In addition to what ABC reported earlier, they are also reporting that Hernandez had a massive cleaning crew clean his homizzle Monday. Also, arrest may be imminent. Dumb ass.

-Kevin

Prediction: Hernandez is NE's Ray Lewis (minus the HoF career).

Insomniac
06-21-13, 12:26 PM
“If it is such a big treasure for Mr. Kraft and the team . . . I have a suggestion," Putin said at the St. Petersburg Economic Forum. "I will ask a jewelry firm to make a really good and big thing, so everyone will see it is a luxury piece, made of quality metal and with a stone, so this piece will be passed from generation to generation in the team whose interests are represented by Mr. Kraft.

"This would be the smartest solution partners can ever achieve while tackling such a complicated international problem," he said.
http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/putin-ill-have-another-ring-made-kraft

Gnam
06-21-13, 03:00 PM
One ring to rule them all...

If Putin weren't so scary, it might be funny.

stroker
06-22-13, 09:36 AM
Anyone want to compare the GNP of the NFL and Russia?

Insomniac
06-22-13, 10:34 AM
Anyone want to compare the GNP of the NFL and Russia?

$9.5B vs $1,522.3B

So the NFL is a rounding error. ;)

SteveH
06-22-13, 10:52 AM
Related to the GNP comparison...

International Monetary Fund Shows Formula One's Combined Wealth Is $3.79T (http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2013/06/20/Finance/F1.aspx)

If F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone's pride and joy was a static country instead of a moveable feast, it would have a GDP figure "to boost it into the top four nations in the world."

Andrew Longman
06-22-13, 09:55 PM
...so this piece will be passed from generation to generation in the team whose interests are represented by Mr. Kraft.Like the Stanley Cup? That's great idea. Wait. Wrong thread.:gomer:

dando
06-22-13, 10:24 PM
Like the Lord Stanley's Urinal? That's great idea. Wait. Wrong thread.:gomer:

Fixerated. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
06-22-13, 11:29 PM
$9.5B vs $1,522.3B

So the NFL is a rounding error. ;)

Does that include the numbers from China? :)

Andrew Longman
06-22-13, 11:44 PM
Fixerated. :gomer:

-Kevinyes it has likely been used as a urinal... And lots of other things including who knows what when it has been misplaced or loaned to individual players to take home. That's the coolest part of the trophy

Insomniac
06-23-13, 08:43 AM
Does that include the numbers from China? :)

That would be a negative number, right? :)

I just used revenue vs. GNP.

dando
06-26-13, 08:51 AM
Hernandez arrested according to Mike & Mike/AP.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
06-26-13, 10:26 AM
Hernandez released by the Pats as well.

dando
06-26-13, 10:34 AM
Hernandez released by the Pats as well.

I sensed that would be next after he was told to leave the Pats' facilities the other day.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-26-13, 10:53 AM
Bengals can pick him up now.

Gnam
06-26-13, 11:20 AM
I sensed that would be next after he was told to leave the Pats' facilities the other day.

-Kevin
It's the Patriots new "Don't murder me, bro." policy.

dando
06-26-13, 11:55 AM
Bengals can pick him up now.

Hello, pot?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9424219/ausar-walcott-cleveland-browns-rookie-arrested-tuesday-charged-attempted-murder

:p

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-26-13, 12:59 PM
Hello, pot?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9424219/ausar-walcott-cleveland-browns-rookie-arrested-tuesday-charged-attempted-murder

:p

-KevinIt was attempted murder. Nothing to see here. Bengals will pick him up. :D

dando
06-26-13, 01:10 PM
It was attempted murder. Nothing to see here. Bengals will pick him up. :D

Word is that he has an airtight defense...everyone knows the Clowns can't hit anything. :p

EDIT:

Tom Reed ‏@treed1919 23m
#Browns release LB Ausar Walcott. Walcott charged w/ attempted murder

-Kevin

dando
06-26-13, 03:03 PM
Redrum is the charge. :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
06-27-13, 09:14 AM
Hernandez's oh ****! moment...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/06/26/gif-the-moment-hernandez-realized-he-was-being-arrested/

The more I read the 'facts' surrounding this, Hernandez is one colossal idiot, and should serve time in the same cell as Rae Carruth. Rae, BTW is now 39 and has been in jail since 2001. No chance for parole for 5 more years.

-Kevin

nrc
06-27-13, 02:53 PM
Now they're looking into possible connections with a double murder from last year. :eek:

His attorneys requested bail saying that he wasn't a flight risk. :laugh:

dando
06-27-13, 03:51 PM
His attorneys requested bail saying that he wasn't a flight risk. :laugh:

I concur with this assessment...from what I've read thus far, Hernandez is dumber than a box of rocks (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/27/aaron-hernandez-gun-photo_n_3506907.html) (no offense to said rocks in a box). There's no way he could flee w/o leaving a trail of popcorn. :gomer: :saywhat: :shakehead

Article on the other murders:

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/06/27/former-patriots-player-aaron-hernandez-probed-two-more-murders-law-enforcement-officials-say/0GPNwDdsU4nguqnB2LADYM/story.html

-Kevin

dando
06-27-13, 04:28 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 43m
Cowboys DT Joh Brent booked into Dallas' Lew Sterrett Justice Center on Thursday after another positive drug test.
Retweeted by Tom Reed

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9429938/josh-brent-dallas-cowboys-jailed-failing-second-drug-test

NFL stupidity is getting outta hand. When the talking heads start using the NBA as a shining light for player behavior, something is VERY wrong. :shakehead :saywhat: IIRC, the stat I heard was 29-6 on arrests be each league, but I hafta think the % is fairly close (more players in the NFL).

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
06-27-13, 06:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9429938/josh-brent-dallas-cowboys-jailed-failing-second-drug-testtalk about dumber than a box of rocks.

Jerry Jones I mean. This guy is still on the roster?

I guess Josh didn't realize that pot shows up in a test even 30 days later. And if they give you a pass after failing one test they aren't likely to do it twice.

Gnam
06-27-13, 07:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9429938/josh-brent-dallas-cowboys-jailed-failing-second-drug-test

NFL stupidity is getting outta hand. When the talking heads start using the NBA as a shining light for player behavior, something is VERY wrong. :shakehead :saywhat: IIRC, the stat I heard was 29-6 on arrests be each league, but I hafta think the % is fairly close (more players in the NFL).

-Kevin
Also, baseball players have to play during the summer. They don't have time for warm weather shenanigans. ;)

dando
06-27-13, 07:52 PM
Also, baseball players have to play during the summer. They don't have time for warm weather shenanigans. ;)

See Rodriguez, Alex. Cross reference with Belle, Albert "Joey", or Cabrera, Miguel. @ least A-Rod finally hit (on) something last season in the playoffs:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/rod_ballgirl_red_hot_bod_xCukvkWEtKsGdycIMse1PM

-Kevin

dando
06-29-13, 07:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9433751/new-england-patriots-offering-aaron-hernandez-jersey-exchange

Free Hernandez jersey exchange offered by Pats.

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-29-13, 12:42 PM
Don't forget Ugi Urbina... machete attacking, attempted murder...

Andrew Longman
06-29-13, 09:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9433751/new-england-patriots-offering-aaron-hernandez-jersey-exchange

Free Hernandez jersey exchange offered by Pats.

-Kevinthat is such a simple and cheap thing to do (for the kids) but too often something like that gets lost on the money grubbing teams. Good show. :thumbup:

dando
07-01-13, 08:30 PM
that is such a simple and cheap thing to do (for the kids) but too often something like that gets lost on the money grubbing teams. Good show. :thumbup:

For every positive, there is a negative....

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/money/aaron-hernandez-jersey-now-a-collectible/-/1637116/20785752/-/lifvxsz/-/index.html

Srsly/!? :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
07-01-13, 09:08 PM
Srsly/!? :shakehead :saywhat:Yeah, but in the end everyone gets what they deserve. If OJs collectables hadn't become more collectable he wouldn't have tried to steal it back and he wouldn't be in jail tonight.

Or something like that. ;)

I guess there will always be a**holes and there will always be other a**holes trying to make money off them. Makes the world go around I suppose. :shakehead

Gnam
07-22-13, 01:23 PM
HGH testing proposed in the NFL ... uh-oh. Mandatory blood tests ... uh-oh.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130722/players-union-nfl-agree-in-principle-on-hgh-population-study/

I wonder if this is more fallout from the ongoing concussion liability discussion. If the NFL makes the players smaller, then they can't hit as hard, and there would be fewer concussions.

Insomniac
07-26-13, 06:57 PM
HGH testing proposed in the NFL ... uh-oh. Mandatory blood tests ... uh-oh.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130722/players-union-nfl-agree-in-principle-on-hgh-population-study/

I wonder if this is more fallout from the ongoing concussion liability discussion. If the NFL makes the players smaller, then they can't hit as hard, and there would be fewer concussions.

They've been wanting this since before the concussion stuff came to the forefront. Gene Upshaw said the NFL would never get the players to give blood for PED testing. Now they've been fighting for over 2 years to get testing in place. First step is a population study. They think they have a statistically higher amount of natural HGH in their bodies so they want a more representative sample. (Kinda like Brian Cushing I guess.) Depending on how many players actually take it, things could be skewed upwards.

Elmo T
08-08-13, 09:08 AM
Computer Simulation Says 49ers Most Likely To Win Super Bowl, Eagles 0.5% Chance (http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/08/07/computer-simulation-says-49ers-most-likely-to-win-super-bowl-eagles-0-5-chance/)

A computer program called The Predictalator created by Prediction Machine simulated the NFL season 50,000 times, says that the 49ers are the most likely team to win the Super Bowl this season, winning in 20.1% of the simulations. The Eagles won the Super Bowl in 0.5% of the simulations.

Eagles with 0.5% chance? Seems about right to me. :rolleyes::rofl:

stroker
08-08-13, 11:18 AM
Computer Simulation Says 49ers Most Likely To Win Super Bowl, Eagles 0.5% Chance (http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/08/07/computer-simulation-says-49ers-most-likely-to-win-super-bowl-eagles-0-5-chance/)

Eagles with 0.5% chance? Seems about right to me. :rolleyes::rofl:

Link?

Elmo T
08-08-13, 01:01 PM
Link?

:confused:

Top line should be link - assuming I didn't break the internet.