PDA

View Full Version : NFL Offseason '16

Pages : 1 [2] 3

chop456
04-20-16, 01:56 AM
I'm gonna guess 9-7 for this bunch...playoffs fitty/fitty. Playoff loss 100%. I could see this bunch going 0-5 to start. Note the @s with home against the Nags D. Pat, I'd like to buy a WR. #wheeloffortune

Josh Gordon. :thumbup:

dando
04-20-16, 12:37 PM
Josh Gordon. :thumbup:

He's headed to do a reality show on MTV with Johnny Nonfootball. #PartyonGarth :gomer: :shakehead:

They have a serious hole at WR...Green, Tate, Eifert, and maybe spread out Gio (assuming the Stealers don't go head hunting again :flaming: :mad: :irked: ) And that's assuming Hill can actually hang onto the ball. :(

dando
04-20-16, 03:34 PM
The Iggles are just nuts.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15280364/cleveland-browns-trade-no-2-pick-draft-philadelphia-eagles-five-picks

dando
04-25-16, 12:08 PM
As the NFL turns...who in the heck would trade for this POS QB? Denver? No way I see that happening. Maybe SF. His stats suck. Injury prone. And now attitude issues. Iggles are the Browns of the NFC.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15353852/sam-bradford-demanding-trade-philadelphia-eagles

Or maybe the Pats. :gomer:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15353950/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-four-game-suspension-deflategate-reinstated-appeals-court

nrc
04-25-16, 12:32 PM
Assuming there's nothing else that might reduce or eliminate the suspension Brady will return in week five at Cleveland. Can we just call that one now?

dando
04-25-16, 12:34 PM
Assuming there's nothing else that might reduce or eliminate the suspension Brady will return in week five at Cleveland. Can we just call that one now?

59-0...as in B1G Title Game in '14. :D

dando
04-25-16, 12:52 PM
IMO, the NFL is going to have a huge mess on its hands in 2021 when the current CBA expires in 2020. The NFLPA more or less sold out for the 2011 CBA, and is paying the price for that. Can you say lockout IF Goodell lasts that long?

dando
04-27-16, 04:07 PM
Johnny B. Football gonna be Johnny B. Inmate. :thumbup:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15413509/judge-sets-bond-1500-johnny-manziel-orders-5-court-appearance

nrc
04-29-16, 01:12 AM
Disappointed that the run on WRs left the cupboard bare for the Bengals but I agree that you can never have too many good corners. Well, I suppose you could, but it's never been a problem.

Sadly, I think the number of high Buckeye picks says something about just how much last year's team under-performed.

dando
04-29-16, 12:08 PM
Disappointed that the run on WRs left the cupboard bare for the Bengals but I agree that you can never have too many good corners. Well, I suppose you could, but it's never been a problem.

Sadly, I think the number of high Buckeye picks says something about just how much last year's team under-performed.

As soon as I saw that run starting, I knew we were screwed, but there aren't true studs at WR in this draft. Hoping Michael Thomas will be there in round 2. The secondary is aging, but not a 1st round need, IMO.

Von Bell should have gone in round 1.

nrc
04-29-16, 01:52 PM
I'm a believer in the "best available" theory. Need weighs in but you should never over-reach, and all the WRs on the board at that point would have been a big reach.

Stupid grade on NFL.com:

Cincinnati Bengals
Draft pick: William Jackson III (No. 24 overall)
Day 1 grade: C
The skinny: I've been high on Jackson for a long time, so the pick could be good. But picking yet another cornerback in the first round is leaving other areas of the team bereft of talent.

Bereft of talent?! They still have some guy named Green. They brought in LaFell who should be at worst a 3rd wide out. They've got a couple of WR projects still in the cooker. They lost WRs that they took in the 3rd and 5th rounds. There's no reason to go reaching.

Meanwhile, Leon Hall fell off the cliff last season, Jones is an ageless wonder but could follow at any time, Kirkpatrick is still inconsistent, and Denard needs snaps but can't seem to stay on the field.

dando
04-29-16, 03:55 PM
I'm a believer in the "best available" theory. Need weighs in but you should never over-reach, and all the WRs on the board at that point would have been a big reach.

Stupid grade on NFL.com:

Bereft of talent?! They still have some guy named Green. They brought in LaFell who should be at worst a 3rd wide out. They've got a couple of WR projects still in the cooker. They lost WRs that they took in the 3rd and 5th rounds. There's no reason to go reaching.

Meanwhile, Leon Hall fell off the cliff last season, Jones is an ageless wonder but could follow at any time, Kirkpatrick is still inconsistent, and Denard needs snaps but can't seem to stay on the field.

The chatter heads on E$PN last night were OK with the pick. And I would take Herman's view over most others. Dude coached him and proved his mettle at tOSU. And bereft of talent? The Who Deys were arguably the deepest team in the NFL last season, and managed to stay healthy with one major exception. :cry:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/A-few-quick-slants-on-Will-Jackson/ff3e7ab2-185d-4cee-b5dd-dfde38804df0?campaign=cin:fanshare:twitter

Never been a fan boi of Hall...could be colored by my disdain for TTUN, tho. :gomer: If Dre is inconsistent, Hall is non-exsistant many times. I keep going back in my mind to T.Smith torching his ass in The Game in '06.

dando
04-29-16, 04:15 PM
In other news...

Clowns lead the way in draft pick trades. Question is how many windmills at which will they tilt? :gomer: They have more holes to fill than swiss cheese.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15425540/a-look-won-draft-trading-game-first-night-nfl-draft

WB, what the heck are Nags doing trading to pick Lynch? That was a head scratcher. Perhaps better off with Cook, but I'm not a big fan, and def not Sackenberg. :confused:

Lastly, that Tunsil shizz was just freaky deaky. :saywhat:

dando
04-29-16, 04:34 PM

Last season's failure is squarely on the offensive coaching staff, specifically Warinner and Beck (see Zeke's 2 carries in the 2nd half against Sparty). :mad: Total dysfunction. Not only replacing the OC, but the QB shuffle, rebuilt WR corps (losing Noah in pre-season didn't help that), that silly wildcat play, and inconsistent OL play (see comments on Decker last night). Of course Coach Meyer should also shoulder some of the blame for not fixing the offensive mess until the final B1G game. Probably moot, as I doubt they would have defeated either Bammy or Clemson (long history of losses to Clemson going back to '78).

EDIT: another take.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/132669/nfl-draft-conjures-question-how-did-ohio-state-not-win-the-2015-national-title

dando
04-29-16, 08:49 PM
Welp, that sucked. Michael Thomas to NOLA. I wanted that size...6' 5", 212. :(

In other news...Johnny B. nonFootball buys 300 shots here in Cbus after the Biebs concert last night. Always smart to do the week before your hearing date. :shakehead:

WickerBill
04-29-16, 09:45 PM
Because they always wanted Lynch and had a feeling he wouldn't make it to 32. Shorter but more mobile version of Osweiler.

By the way, mirror image of 1999. Superstar QB retires after winning super bowl, old below average QB set to take over (Bubby Brister/Mark Sanchez), QB drafted (Brian Griese/Paxton Lynch)... now let's see if the rookie wins the starting job like Griese did.

Not sure why you think a team with Sanchez and a quite awful former Northwestern QB on the roster is a head scratcher for drafting a QB.

dando
04-30-16, 12:28 PM
Because they always wanted Lynch and had a feeling he wouldn't make it to 32. Shorter but more mobile version of Osweiler.

By the way, mirror image of 1999. Superstar QB retires after winning super bowl, old below average QB set to take over (Bubby Brister/Mark Sanchez), QB drafted (Brian Griese/Paxton Lynch)... now let's see if the rookie wins the starting job like Griese did.

Not sure why you think a team with Sanchez and a quite awful former Northwestern QB on the roster is a head scratcher for drafting a QB.

It's a reach. Period. Pretty stats against a meh schedule. I'll wager that much of those stats were built against the likes of Mizzou St, KS, Tulsa and SMU. Only 4 INTs and ~67% completions is good. Memphis had 1 quality W against a good team (Ole Miss), and we now know what a mess that program is, but got smoked against Navy, Temple and Auburn. In those games, the O generated 20, 12 and 10. Griese? Dude couldn't even walk down his driveway without taking a header. :laugh: But hey, even Teblow took the Nags to the playoffs. :gomer:

WickerBill
04-30-16, 12:55 PM
You can't have it both ways. By your methods, Tebow should have been taken #1 because he won a bunch in college, and nobody should have taken Elway because he couldn't even win the Pac 10.

dando
04-30-16, 01:14 PM
You can't have it both ways. By your methods, Tebow should have been taken #1 because he won a bunch in college, and nobody should have taken Elway because he couldn't even win the Pac 10.

Elway had the physical stats as well as playing stats. Back then, USC and UCLA were great, Stanford wasn't what they are today. I saw Elway beat tOSU twice (once in person). He. Was. Great. Prototypical pocket passer with excellent throwing form. Multi-sport stud to boot. He just didn't have the team to surround him. Tebow had a great surrounding cast, but never could throw the ball well. There's a reason Urban put him in on short-yardage situations.

dando
04-30-16, 02:06 PM
Buffalo gets Cardale Jones. tOSU up to 12 selected. :eek:

dando
05-02-16, 12:45 PM
Bengals pick DT Billings (round 6, Baylor) lifted 800 lbs. and holds the Texas record...in HIGH SCHOOL. :eek:

nrc
05-02-16, 01:30 PM
I guess a lot of fans were mad when they took Vigil instead of Billings in the 3rd. I can see why looking at their respective YouTube highlights. Vigil looks fast and fluid but didn't really stand out as a playmaker. Billings looks like a beast. Looks like he can eat up double teams and that should result in a sack-fest for the rest of the line.

Don Quixote
05-02-16, 02:26 PM
I read this quote about the Brown's qb draftee Cody Kessler: "He's as smooth as an $8 bottle of whiskey". :D

Gnam
05-02-16, 03:00 PM
I cheered for Jared Goff at Cal, but I think he's the next Rex Grossman: Big arm, bad decisions, fades under pressure.

IMO, the Chiefs picked up a sleeper in Stanford QB Kevin Hogan (5th round, #162). He's a better QB, and he'll get time to adjust to the NFL as a backup while Goff will be thrown into the deep end.

It will be interesting to see how their careers develop.

Insomniac
05-02-16, 04:39 PM
The draft was pretty meh for me, not sure if it's because the Pats din't pick until the end of round 2 or if the players were just meh. The Pats draft was conservative to say the least, surprised they didn't pick a RB though. Year after year I watch other teams pick players I wish NE would pick. I can't complain though, they obviously know what they're doing.

My guess on Pats W/L:

Sep 11 @ARI L
Sep 18 MIA W
Sep 22 HOU W
Oct 2 BUF W
Oct 9 @CLE W
Oct 16 CIN W
Oct 23 @PIT W
Oct 30 @BUF L
Bye
Nov 13 SEA W
Nov 20 @SF W
Nov 27 @NYJ L
Dec 4 LA W
Dec 12 BAL W
Dec 18 @DEN W
Dec 24 NYJ W
Jan 1 @MIA L

12-4 I think this is the record, but I doubt it shakes out like the above. They'll lose a game they should've won easily.

dando
05-03-16, 07:05 PM
The draft was pretty meh for me, not sure if it's because the Pats din't pick until the end of round 2 or if the players were just meh. The Pats draft was conservative to say the least, surprised they didn't pick a RB though. Year after year I watch other teams pick players I wish NE would pick. I can't complain though, they obviously know what they're doing.

My guess on Pats W/L:

Sep 11 @ARI L
Sep 18 MIA W
Sep 22 HOU W
Oct 2 BUF W
Oct 9 @CLE W
Oct 16 CIN W
Oct 23 @PIT W
Oct 30 @BUF L
Bye
Nov 13 SEA W
Nov 20 @SF W
Nov 27 @NYJ L
Dec 4 LA W
Dec 12 BAL W
Dec 18 @DEN W
Dec 24 NYJ W
Jan 1 @MIA L

12-4 I think this is the record, but I doubt it shakes out like the above. They'll lose a game they should've won easily.

Good luck with that week 6 pick. Unless the Pats significantly fix that OL, Geno & crew will be all over Brady. Especially if Billings is anything like he looks on video. Plus, Tez will be back by then, too. :D

dando
05-03-16, 07:14 PM
GMen kicking the tires on Leon 'Toast' Hall...

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/05/ex-bengals_cornerback_leon_hall_visiting_with_gian.ht ml

Good luck with that, TG. Oh, and enjoy your new Buckeyes. Bosa is a beast, and Perry is a quality kid with great insticts on the field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQgPhE_lNKs

Insomniac
05-04-16, 07:39 AM
Good luck with that week 6 pick. Unless the Pats significantly fix that OL, Geno & crew will be all over Brady. Especially if Billings is anything like he looks on video. Plus, Tez will be back by then, too. :D

When any defense is as good as Denver's last year, I'd be worried. :) +Pats at home, no concerns. :D

dando
05-04-16, 10:18 AM
When any defense is as good as Denver's last year, I'd be worried. :) +Pats at home, no concerns. :D

Meh. Keep in mind it's not under the lights. :gomer: :saywhat:

Napoleon
05-04-16, 12:26 PM

Per 538 the best draft class since the 1970 merger

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ohio-states-draft-class-is-the-most-impressive-in-modern-nfl-history/

Gnam
05-15-16, 02:50 PM
Monday, May 9
49ers Expect Jarryd Hayne Will Make Major Impact in 2016
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_29868710/49ers-expect-jarryd-hayne-will-make-major-impact

Sunday, May 15
Jarryd Hayne Retires from NFL
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_29895897/jarryd-hayne-retires-from-49ers-returns-rugby

:D

dando
05-15-16, 03:28 PM
Monday, May 9
49ers Expect Jarryd Hayne Will Make Major Impact in 2016
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_29868710/49ers-expect-jarryd-hayne-will-make-major-impact

Sunday, May 15
Jarryd Hayne Retires from NFL
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_29895897/jarryd-hayne-retires-from-49ers-returns-rugby

:D

And Crapernick is still yer QB. But hey, Levi's gots WiFi that might actually work (rather than Patsville). :gomer:

In other news, catch the 30 for 30 Believeland. Good watch. I'm betting Best Buy will get a boost in sales after Brownies fans saw Modell's mug on TeeVee. :D :p

dando
07-15-16, 03:22 PM
Inso is weeping....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17083595/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-appeal-suspension-supreme-court

Of course he'll be back to get Tezed in week 6. :gomer: ;)

And of course, letters from Peyton (I think we all need a good chuckle these days)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-56DZ3KROA

EDIT: Bite the hand that feeds, Mr. Kraft.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2016/07/15/robert-kraft-deflategate-tom-brady-roger-goodell/87143898/

Gnam
07-15-16, 04:09 PM
:laugh:

WickerBill
07-16-16, 08:24 AM
The Broncos are now praying for some renegotiation of a TV deal or three to bump up the salary cap after investing $70m guaranteed in one person who is not a quarterback.

dando
07-16-16, 12:30 PM
The Broncos are now praying for some renegotiation of a TV deal or three to bump up the salary cap after investing $70m guaranteed in one person who is not a quarterback.

Nah. I think they are waiting for Papa John's naming rights for Mile High. :gomer:

Insomniac
07-18-16, 01:09 PM
I think they'll still appeal it to the Supreme Court. You could see from all the amicus briefs this is way bigger than PSI now. I think at this point, Brady felt it was best for the team to take the 4 games you can plan for than risk 4 games at another undetermined time.

Credit to the people who saw this coming during Bountygate. Just hope it's not your team next.

dando
07-18-16, 01:21 PM
I think they'll still appeal it to the Supreme Court. You could see from all the amicus briefs this is way bigger than PSI now. I think at this point, Brady felt it was best for the team to take the 4 games you can plan for than risk 4 games at another undetermined time.

Credit to the people who saw this coming during Bountygate. Just hope it's not your team next.

IMHO, Kraft may push it, but that would alienate him from the 'Good Ol' Boys Club'. And the refs are already 'targeting' certain players...see Tez. :saywhat: Just take the hit and be done with this shizz.

Insomniac
07-18-16, 01:40 PM
IMHO, Kraft may push it, but that would alienate him from the 'Good Ol' Boys Club'. And the refs are already 'targeting' certain players...see Tez. :saywhat: Just take the hit and be done with this shizz.

It would be the NFLPA. IMO, they have to. As it stands now, Goodell has secured sweeping power. It's a pretty impressive list.

He does not have to be impartial as an arbitrator. He does not have to allow the accused access to the "evidence" in which he used to make his decision. He can change the discipline during arbitration (a.k.a "move the goal posts") for which there is no appeal. He has full discretion on the punishment for conduct detrimental to the league.

So in summary, legally, he can impose punishment of any kind on any player for any reason under conduct detrimental to the league. He's not going to just go do this randomly, but that is the power the second circuit upheld.

dando
07-18-16, 01:53 PM
It would be the NFLPA. IMO, they have to. As it stands now, Goodell has secured sweeping power. It's a pretty impressive list.

He does not have to be impartial as an arbitrator. He does not have to allow the accused access to the "evidence" in which he used to make his decision. He can change the discipline during arbitration (a.k.a "move the goal posts") for which there is no appeal. He has full discretion on the punishment for conduct detrimental to the league.

So in summary, legally, he can impose punishment of any kind on any player for any reason under conduct detrimental to the league. He's not going to just go do this randomly, but that is the power the second circuit upheld.

This is on the NFLPA. They sold their soul to the devil via the CBA for $$$. I'm not a Goodell fanboi, but they got what they asked for...The Law of Unintended Consequences. I fear another lockout in the future. :(

Insomniac
07-18-16, 03:05 PM
This is on the NFLPA. They sold their soul to the devil via the CBA for $$$. I'm not a Goodell fanboi, but they got what they asked for...The Law of Unintended Consequences. I fear another lockout in the future. :(

There's this lawyer in Houston (Texans fan, Steph Stradley, Blog: http://www.stradleylaw.com/blog/) who has been on this a while. That part of the CBA did not change from the last one to this new one. It's that something in Goodell changed since 2011 in his use of that power. He went from the Sheriff for off field conduct to now on field-ish. Bountygate, salary cap punishment of Cowboys and Redskins, Bullygate, Deflategate and Kansas City tampering. I wouldn't say unintended consequences, maybe more unimaginable actions based on history. The next negotiation could be tough, hard to say what either side will get stuck on though.

dando
07-18-16, 04:17 PM
There's this lawyer in Houston (Texans fan, Steph Stradley, Blog: http://www.stradleylaw.com/blog/) who has been on this a while. That part of the CBA did not change from the last one to this new one. It's that something in Goodell changed since 2011 in his use of that power. He went from the Sheriff for off field conduct to now on field-ish. Bountygate, salary cap punishment of Cowboys and Redskins, Bullygate, Deflategate and Kansas City tampering. I wouldn't say unintended consequences, maybe more unimaginable actions based on history. The next negotiation could be tough, hard to say what either side will get stuck on though.

Didn't change, but it could have. Not a fan of DMo either. See Kenesaw Mountain Landis and the MLB about commish overreach. :\

Insomniac
07-18-16, 04:53 PM

Well worth it. He brought the Lombardi to Denver.

Gnam
07-18-16, 04:59 PM
Good lord. That boy ain't right. :shakehead:

"I’m not saying I’m never drinking again..."
-Johnny Football

http://s31.postimg.org/cqlf34d97/image.png

Insomniac
07-18-16, 05:02 PM
Didn't change, but it could have. Not a fan of DMo either. See Kenesaw Mountain Landis and the MLB about commish overreach. :\

I think that was one area there was no budging, but up to then it wasn't a big problem. You're right, this could be bad. Best outcome for fans may be the Supreme Court hears it and rules for Brady. Then there is room to move. This is probably an example of with power comes great responsibility. The NFL had it, and through Goodell's abuse of it, it may be in danger. If he operated differently (and arguably more fairly) the NFLPA was more likely to leave it be.

DMo?

dando
07-18-16, 05:28 PM
DMo?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeMaurice_Smith

:)

stroker
07-18-16, 08:35 PM
We did our random pool at work and I got the Packers, Texans, Giants and 49'rs. I'm thinking I need to trade either the Giants or the 49'rs for at least one other AFC team within their divisions (e.g. NFC West for AFC West). Which would you keep between NY or SF?

Gnam
07-19-16, 01:13 AM
We did our random pool at work and I got the Packers, Texans, Giants and 49'rs. I'm thinking I need to trade either the Giants or the 49'rs for at least one other AFC team within their divisions (e.g. NFC West for AFC West). Which would you keep between NY or SF?
Not SF.

dando
07-19-16, 02:10 AM

Def not the 9ers (dumpster fire)...but who would trade for them?

Insomniac
07-19-16, 11:10 AM

NY is probably better than SF, but SF is tough to move. I doubt you'd get DEN. Do you want OAK, SD or KC (Andy Reid)? Maybe you can trade NYG for NE (Brady suspension) or NYJ (QB questions).

Gnam
07-19-16, 12:05 PM
NY is probably better than SF, but SF is tough to move. I doubt you'd get DEN. Do you want OAK, SD or KC (Andy Reid)? Maybe you can trade NYG for NE (Brady suspension) or NYJ (QB questions).
OAK will out perform SF this year. If you can make that trade, take it.

When selling SF the key is to highlight the combination of Chip Kelly (offense!) and Kaepernick (moar offense!), which will produce a lot of points. They won't, because it will be 3-and-out all day long, but you're selling the potential.

dando
07-19-16, 04:01 PM

Lots of dogs with fleas teams this season. Heck even the Bungles resorted to signing a CFL WR. :saywhat: I'd take Raiderz over 9ers any day, but that division is going to be a cat fight...aside from the QBless Nags (unless Von Miller can also play QB). :gomer:

dando
07-20-16, 01:43 PM
Zeke the Freak...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17112286/dallas-cowboys-running-back-ezekiel-elliott-tops-nfl-jersey-sales

:)

dando
07-22-16, 03:38 PM
RIP, Coach Green. :(

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17124739/dennis-green-former-minnesota-vikings-arizona-cardinals-coach-dies-age-67

nrc
07-22-16, 07:50 PM
I'm just shocked, shocked I tell you, that anyone would suggest that those nice boys in Pittsburgh are anything but model citizens - true role models to be held up as bastions of good sportsmanship and upstanding behavior. Shame upon any so-called journalist who dares suggest otherwise. Shame, I say!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2653465-leveon-bell-suspension-begs-question-whats-happening-in-pittsburgh

dando
07-22-16, 10:58 PM
I'm just shocked, shocked I tell you, that anyone would suggest that those nice boys in Pittsburgh are anything but model citizens - true role models to be held up as bastions of good sportsmanship and upstanding behavior. Shame upon any so-called journalist who dares suggest otherwise. Shame, I say!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2653465-leveon-bell-suspension-begs-question-whats-happening-in-pittsburgh

Hey, I was hatched in Pburgh...but somehow ended up a Bungles fan. :D :thumbup:

Gnam
07-23-16, 01:44 AM
The [Steelers are] the gold standard in sports.
What? Is the author high?

Their QB is a rapist and their coach tripped a guy running down the sideline.

The Steelers are liked because they hit harder than any other team, except Baltimore.
They are not role models.

dando
07-23-16, 02:22 PM

Perhaps if he is from Denver. :gomer: Might be referencing the 6 SB Championships. :irked: :mad:

nrc
07-25-16, 11:48 AM

I think it's a required disclaimer anytime a journalist suggests that there might be anything bad about the Steelers.

Meanwhile, Peyton Manning is cleared of HGH accusations.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/07/25/peyton-manning-hgh-nfl-investigation/87524690/

Insomniac
07-26-16, 12:55 PM
I think it's a required disclaimer anytime a journalist suggests that there might be anything bad about the Steelers.

Meanwhile, Peyton Manning is cleared of HGH accusations.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/07/25/peyton-manning-hgh-nfl-investigation/87524690/

I'd only believe it if Ted Wells investigated it. :D

dando
07-27-16, 08:32 PM
Fitzy back in the J-E-T-S fold...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17159416/ryan-fitzpatrick-new-york-jets-agree-1-year-deal-worth-12-million

nrc
07-30-16, 11:46 PM
Training camp is here at last. Shorts football is finally underway and live action will be here before we know it!

nrc
08-09-16, 02:53 PM
HOF game cancelled because the logos painted on the field were too slick. Along with the field condition grumbles I also get a sense that there's a growing discontent that the HOF game adds an extra preseason game and an extra chance of getting players hurt. More and more it seems are switching from a "you need live action" approach to preparation to strictly rationing full contract drills.

Insomniac
08-09-16, 03:22 PM
HOF game cancelled because the logos painted on the field were too slick. Along with the field condition grumbles I also get a sense that there's a growing discontent that the HOF game adds an extra preseason game and an extra chance of getting players hurt. More and more it seems are switching from a "you need live action" approach to preparation to strictly rationing full contract drills.

Too sticky is what I heard. They have been that way for a while now. Even during the season they can have something like 14 padded practices. I do get the same sense as you where it seems like if they can't be all in, they're moving toward less than they could do in terms of contact. Maybe the plan is touch football. I'm going to get to work on sensors to detect touch for football. :D

Napoleon
08-09-16, 03:29 PM

The way I understood it that the paint dried as hard as a rock and was uneven.

dando
08-09-16, 04:02 PM
What a fuster cluck. :saywhat: Reports are that fans from Wisky and Indy were there en masse...tix refunded, but time + room and board?!? :irked:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000681448/article/hall-of-fame-game-canceled-due-to-field-concerns

Like the Pro Bowl, just do away with it.

EDIT: side note...tOSU managed to put down grass on top of the Field Turf for the recent footieball friendly here last week. Did so in just a couple of days despite it being bone dry here. :(

dando
08-11-16, 05:25 PM
Rug roh, NFL....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17276634/class-action-lawsuit-seeks-5-million-damages-nfl-hall-fame-game-cancellation

chop456
08-12-16, 01:11 AM
Force majeure! Act of God! Johnny Bench!

dando
08-12-16, 02:36 AM
Force majeure! Act of God! Johnny Bench!

I think you mean Carlton Fisk or Kirk Gibson. ;) Bingles #Phil Simms/Vikes tomorrow night. :thumbup:

Gnam
08-16-16, 04:14 PM
In the offseason, the 49ers did not trade for a QB or draft one because...

Now they are down to just two. Last week, Kaepernick's arm was declared "dead", whatever that means, preventing him from practicing or playing. Today it's the third string QB who is out for the season. He tore his ACL during the first preseason game on a 1-yard run.

As Harbaugh used to say, "Who's got it better than us?" :gomer:

nrc
08-16-16, 04:42 PM
Revolutionizing the NFL! All wildcat all the time!

Gnam
08-16-16, 05:42 PM
The forward pass is just a fad.

dando
08-16-16, 06:12 PM
Meh. You still gots Carlos Hyde. :gomer: Could be worse...you could be a Bears fan. That's another dumpster fire.

stroker
08-17-16, 10:54 AM
Ruh, roh, Packers...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-threatens-four-players-with-suspension-over-al-jazeera-report-on-ped-allegations/

Insomniac
08-17-16, 12:04 PM
And that's why the Brady suspension went well beyond air pressure. I liked the Goodell that was trying to clean-up the off field behavior issues. I didn't mind the Goodell that was slamming teams when it wasn't mine (Patriots had Spygate penalties coming, but I thought they were a bit high). I think every NFL fan base will slowly join the Saints, Cowboys, Redskins, Patriots and Chiefs fans in seeing Goodell and the process is fundamentally unfair and heavy handed.

dando
08-18-16, 09:03 PM
OK, here's stupidity...the Stealers and Pirates are blacked out on NFLN and MLBN in Cbus. Yet, the Stealers/Iggles are on the alternate HD channel for CBS tonight. :saywhat: :shakehead: :confused:

Side note for nrc...Hill 3 carries and no fumbles. :gomer: Me likes Boyd. :thumbup: :thumbup:

dando
08-21-16, 12:02 AM
Gnam...I may need new glasses. :gomer:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400874778

And the Nags need an actual QB. :saywhat:

Gnam
08-28-16, 02:06 AM
QB for sale. One dumbass, broken, dead arm, no talent, one and done, overpaid, over rated, under performing, pain in the ass QB for sale.

No offer refused.

dando
08-28-16, 08:02 AM
QB for sale. One dumbass, broken, dead arm, no talent, one and done, overpaid, over rated, under performing, pain in the ass QB for sale.

No offer refused.

Contact Big D or the Nags. :gomer:

EDIT: Kap is an ass. Dude is lucky to have a JOB, but he is stuck in 9er purgatory. Get ready for a Bengal decade of suckage. 9ers should have dealt him to the Nags for a bag of peanuts...fitting because he is nuts. :shakehead:

stroker
08-28-16, 11:19 AM

No offer refused.

I thought you were referring to Kaepernick...

Gnam
08-28-16, 11:03 PM
I thought you were referring to Kaepernick...

I was.

nrc
08-29-16, 01:53 AM
Humperdink! Humperdink! Humperdink!

Meanwhile in Bengaldom, even in preseason I hate it when the first team dominates and the third string throws the game away.

dando
08-29-16, 08:01 AM
Meanwhile in Bengaldom, even in preseason I hate it when the first team dominates and the third string throws the game away.

Meh, it's just practice by the 4th. By then I was surfing with the game on in background and an occasional peek. Sad the 3rds got Denarded. :irked: Have fun watching a HS game Thur night. :saywhat: The good news is the 1st stringers looked quite good. I was a bit surprised Red Rifle didn't play the full first half, but considering the growing injury list, probably best at 21-3. I cringed when AJ hobbled off, and it sucks about Peerman. As soon as the words 'air cast' were mentioned, I knew it was big trouble. :( That hurts due to the young WR group, and #s 1 and 2 TEs out. We need depth at RB big time. Never heard/saw what ailed Jones, but he was listed as questionable going into the game. Disappointed we didn't see more of Boyd, but they need to see what they have in the others. LaFell looked pretty good in his return. Also disappointing that McCarron couldn't generate points. He played well, tho, with the sloppy 2nds. And Hill held onto the ball. :gomer: Further good...Dre appears to finally be showing the potential he has briefly flashed in the past. We also may have something in Erickson...dual threat like Gio. Core also looked decent. Licata is due for the scout team. QB will be Rifle, AJ and Wenning. Also bad...too many penalties, and get #40 off the kickoff team. :saywhat:

10-6 maybe 11-5 if they get healthy, but the early schedule barrage looks less daunting with the Nags a dumpster fire at QB and Romo out. They'll split with Stealers and Ravens, Ls for Pats, and the 'skins and Texans are interesting. Good news is they have 2 against the Insane Clowns Posse. :D

EDIT: Lastly, I hope Jones enjoys the larger paychecks in Motown. They are full rebuild mode without Megatron, and he'll have new a new coaching come next season. Bank it.

dando
08-29-16, 03:16 PM
Bosa finally signs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17416694/san-diego-chargers-sign-defensive-end-joey-bosa-4-year-deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw

Gnam
08-30-16, 12:51 PM
I hereby apologize to Colin Kaepernick for all my disparaging remarks regarding his recent protest. New info has come to light.

If my muslim, black lives matter activist girlfriend looked liked Nessa Diab, I would be sitting down right beside him.
Dayum! :thumbup:

stroker
08-30-16, 09:36 PM
I was.

I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer... :tony:

dando
08-30-16, 10:03 PM
Bridgewater BIG boo-boo today. :eek: It's the Pack's division for the taking. Lions, Bears, and Vikes...oh my! :gomer:

dando
09-01-16, 03:57 PM
Asshat.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-colin-kaepernick-socks-20160901-snap-htmlstory.html

Gnam
09-01-16, 06:35 PM
Asshat.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-colin-kaepernick-socks-20160901-snap-htmlstory.html
Not guilty by reason of temporary insanity. ;)
https://s13.postimg.org/e7ec0z5mv/E6tgp_K0.jpg

dando
09-01-16, 07:24 PM
Brady starts tonight? Might be the first 4th pre-season game he's ever started.

Don Quixote
09-02-16, 12:49 PM
Speculation in the mile high city is that Sanchez will be cut. I wish you could have heard the homers around here when they first signed him about how he was going to lead the team to the promised land, guaranteed. A few turnovers in preseason later, and he is back on the streets.

dando
09-02-16, 03:36 PM
Insane Clowns Posse plays the first string the entire first half against the BEARS sloppy seconds. Result? An 18-yard TD drive due to a bonehead punt return attempt that bounced off a Bears player's leg. :rofl: 12-7 Bears at the half...likely because Cutler didn't play. :gomer: Final: 21-7

They also need to find a P the week before the opener since they traded top-5 P Lee to make a point for a kid that hadn't punted in a real game game yet. Result? One P shanks one for 24 yards, and the other one for 18 yards. :rofl: Srsly, you can't make this shizz up. :gomer:

I like Jackson after the past two seasons in Cincy. He's proven to be a good OC...WHEN HE HAS THE TOOLS. But the cupboard is bare on the North Coast. In Cleveland, he'll struggle to keep his above water as in Oakland (or Detroit by the Bay as a friend refers to Oakland). And their best player, Joe Thomas, will be done after another two seasons...if not by trade this season. Denver wanted him last season, but the Browns wanted too much in return. Now they have a war chest of picks, but to what end? The 31 starting QBs since '99 speaks volumes.

Insomniac
09-02-16, 06:05 PM
Brady starts tonight? Might be the first 4th pre-season game he's ever started.

He has before, but it's been a while and only happened a couple times since 2001. It's weird, but Brady is who he is because he takes practice and pre-season as serious as games. The 4 games off plus the scissors mishap must've had him pushing for more live reps.

Gnam
09-02-16, 06:59 PM
One of the 49ers' linebackers is suspended for the first four games of the season. Last night, he played all four quarters of the last preseason game because it's the last practice he'll get until October. I'm sure Brady played for the same reason.

nrc
09-02-16, 07:03 PM
The Bengals played no starters in their final preseason game and it seemed like they limited their play calling to about five plays. That was probably the most boring game I've ever watched.

dando
09-02-16, 07:51 PM
The Bengals played no starters in their final preseason game and it seemed like they limited their play calling to about five plays. That was probably the most boring game I've ever watched.

Neither side played starters. I watched one series each. Good to see Boyd get some PT. I told ya to enjoy a HS game. OTOH, Minnie/Left Coast OSU and Dayglo Orange/Appy State were fun to watch on the college side. :)

nrc
09-03-16, 10:01 PM
Colin Humperdink won't be able to afford that stuff much longer at this rate. How long are the 49ers going to pay his salary if he's just a backup and he's creating distractions?

In other stupid news local TV will show the new Cleveland Browns against the Eagles rather than the Bengals at the Jets. :mad: Gotta decide whether to hit the sports bar or go into hiding and wait for it to hit NFL Game Pass. One cool thing is that the NFL Game Pass page says that afternoon games will be available at 8PM. That's interesting because in the past game replays were blacked out if any game was live on TV.

dando
09-03-16, 10:17 PM
Colin Humperdink won't be able to afford that stuff much longer at this rate. How long are the 49ers going to pay his salary if he's just a backup and he's creating distractions?

In other stupid news local TV will show the new Cleveland Browns against the Eagles rather than the Bengals at the Jets. :mad: Gotta decide whether to hit the sports bar or go into hiding and wait for it to hit NFL Game Pass. One cool thing is that the NFL Game Pass page says that afternoon games will be available at 8PM. That's interesting because in the past game replays were blacked out if any game was live on TV.

:shakehead::irked::mad::flaming::shakehead::irked: :mad:

dando
09-03-16, 11:06 PM
Bradford to Vikes?

stroker
09-03-16, 11:11 PM
Bradford to Vikes?

I commend them for acting quickly but I fear a season-ending injury to Bradford in 3, 2,...