PDA

View Full Version : NFL Offseason '16

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Gnam
09-05-16, 02:17 AM
It's interesting that two teams needed a replacement QB but neither contacted The 49ers about Kaepernick. That's a bad sign for his resale value.

Edit: Also, his jersey is now the most popular 49ers jersey and is 5th among all NFL players.

WickerBill
09-05-16, 10:21 AM
To be fair, everyone knows the sale value they placed on Kaep this spring when the Broncos came calling. It was high.

Tifosi24
09-05-16, 10:42 AM
To be fair, everyone knows the sale value they placed on Kaep this spring when the Broncos came calling. It was high.

If I recall, Kaepernick's cap hit is rather large, especially for a player of his "quality." I don't think the 49ers are particularly interested in moving him because, I believe, they already paid him a large roster bonus back in the Spring. At this point, he is a sunk cost with no real value.

stroker
09-05-16, 11:45 AM
Edit: Also, his jersey is now the most popular 49ers jersey and is 5th among all NFL players.

Sounds like his plan is working.

Insomniac
09-05-16, 12:55 PM
Teams probably inquired, but couldn't make a deal between what SF wants and the salary ($12M guaranteed). The Vikings GM said that everyone was trying to take advantage of their circumstance with pretty ridiculous trade offers.

Insomniac
09-05-16, 01:00 PM
Rob Ninkovich suspended 4 games. The old "tainted supplements" excuse. Stupid or liar applies in this case. Year after year (multiple times) a player "learns" this lesson. I doubt there are many (if any) teams that don't educate players on the approved supplements list and probably provides said supplements while keeping a sealed bottle of each lot in case there is a legit tainting case. Same thing for all the players who get busted for Adderall and "realize" they didn't follow the procedure with the league to get it OK'd. All cheaters or really stupid.

SteveH
09-05-16, 02:42 PM
Rob Ninkovich suspended 4 games. The old "tainted supplements" excuse. Stupid or liar applies in this case. Year after year (multiple times) a player "learns" this lesson. I doubt there are many (if any) teams that don't educate players on the approved supplements list and probably provides said supplements while keeping a sealed bottle of each lot in case there is a legit tainting case. Same thing for all the players who get busted for Adderall and "realize" they didn't follow the procedure with the league to get it OK'd. All cheaters or really stupid.

I'm surprised that teams do not mandate that only supplements provided by the team and/or approved by the team are allowed.

Tifosi24
09-05-16, 07:29 PM
Same thing for all the players who get busted for Adderall and "realize" they didn't follow the procedure with the league to get it OK'd. All cheaters or really stupid.

My former coworker swam in college and has friends who compete at the international level, so he has an above average understanding of doping protocols. He was unhappy when the NFL changed the out of season Adderall penalties. According to him, Adderall can be used as a masking agent for HGH. I don't think the NFL has HGH standards yet (complete joke) but he speculated, and I tend to agree, that the guys busted for Adderall in the off season are actually crushing HGH. It makes total sense if your first offense for off season Adderall is a slap on the wrist.

Insomniac
09-05-16, 08:24 PM
My former coworker swam in college and has friends who compete at the international level, so he has an above average understanding of doping protocols. He was unhappy when the NFL changed the out of season Adderall penalties. According to him, Adderall can be used as a masking agent for HGH. I don't think the NFL has HGH standards yet (complete joke) but he speculated, and I tend to agree, that the guys busted for Adderall in the off season are actually crushing HGH. It makes total sense if your first offense for off season Adderall is a slap on the wrist.

Adderall is classified as a PED so the suspension is the same as HGH. The NFL has HGH testing, but it's pretty weak as explained in this article: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11832255/nfl-hgh-blood-testing-setup-flaws

But maybe taking some air out of a football is the same thing as taking PEDs. One they'll be damned if they don't prove, the other they'll look for, but not really all that hard.

Gnam
09-06-16, 12:15 PM
Last offseason, 49ers' fullback Bruce Miller was arrested for domestic violence after knocking down his fiancé at a shopping mall.

Sunday night, he got drunk and attacked an elderly couple in their hotel room and then, covered in blood, went across the street to get a room at the Travelodge. The front desk clerk offered him a towel for the blood and quickly called the cops.

The 49ers fired him Monday morning. :shakehead:

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_30330184/49ers-player-bruce-miller-arrested-assault

Gnam
09-06-16, 12:20 PM
In other 49ers news, Chip Kelly has been cleaning house, removing any vestiges of Harbaugh. When he moved over from Stanford, Jim Harbaugh brought over several players he had coached. None of them were big names, but they filled out the Special Teams squad and filled third string positions. Kelly cut them all after last week's game.

WickerBill
09-06-16, 12:31 PM
In other 49ers news, Chip Kelly has been cleaning house, removing any vestiges of Harbaugh. When he moved over from Stanford, Jim Harbaugh brought over several players he had coached. None of them were big names, but they filled out the Special Teams squad and filled third string positions. Kelly cut them all after last week's game.

Likewise, the Eagles are doing the same with all of the Kelly signings.

TKGAngel
09-07-16, 08:33 PM
Not even the first game and a third Bills player is facing suspension for pot related offenses. :shakehead:

EDwardo
09-08-16, 01:38 PM
NFL misses its' chance.
"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody......."

Tim Tebow signs with New York Mets

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/09/08/tim-tebow-signs-with-new-york-mets/