PDA

View Full Version : Seventhgear seems to be no more (topic changed by WB)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

G.
02-12-04, 11:44 AM
From Type-S:
"I didn't get any email. Anyone else? Pretty lame."

I got my email notice. The subject was "buy cheep Vi@mgra offshure farmishootikals m@ke w00d". :laugh:

baffle
02-12-04, 12:36 PM
From Type-S:
"I didn't get any email. Anyone else? Pretty lame."

I got my email notice. The subject was "buy cheep Vi@mgra offshure farmishootikals m@ke w00d". :laugh:

bIF was the owner of 7G? :laugh:

RichK
02-12-04, 12:40 PM
I guess I can wear my 7G hat again, it will represent the good years!

Great post, WB.

anait
02-12-04, 12:40 PM
:(

Okay, this may not be a very popular sentiment, but I will miss 7G terribly. Of course it wasn't what it used to be. But it was the first site I found...as others have said, for a long time it was where we went.

It's where I went the Friday morning after I had a horrible nightmare, in which Jeemy had been T-boned during a race, was killed...and many of us were travelling together to attend his funeral...I crawled out of bed and logged in at 7G to confirm that I'd only been dreaming...and then two days later, I was back at 7G for comfort and updates when Zanardi was hurt at Lausitz.

It was where I went for silly season updates, for Overheard at the Track threads, for links to craziness from the Players team, for animated discussions about beer, and for great evenings in chat. :D

'Nuff reminiscing. Onward and upward.

Off Camber is terrific. :) WickerBill, thanks a million. This place is a treat. I look forward to building my post count, chatting with old and new friends, and making arrangements to party down this summer.

Ferdman
02-12-04, 01:06 PM
I registered here a few weeks ago, but this is my first post.

Goodbye 7G. It was nice knowin' you. I guess I'll try to settle in here at OC. A lot of the same people, different place.

Cam
02-12-04, 01:11 PM
It was where I went for silly season updates, for Overheard at the Track threads, for links to craziness from the Players team, for animated discussions about beer, and for great evenings in chat. :D

There is no beer here?!?!?? :saywhat:

Better double check with Warlock! on that! ;)

jcollins28
02-12-04, 01:25 PM
I have taken part in a few political threads over at 7thgear. After awhile though I just could not do it anymore. It was not even a debate it was just the same crap time after time. That being said I do hope to run into a few people from over there. TrueBrit,Zanardi and a host of others that I have enjoyed talking with over the years.

racer2c
02-12-04, 01:36 PM
Although members left 7G for various reasons, some blaming Lemmings, others because they were banned because they couldn't have a grown up discussion without a personal attack. I never heard of anyone who was treated unfair by management, many were given second chances.

Most that left, left because of the ones who were allowed to stay to attack. And those who stayed reveled in it. But that's just semantics. As most here have noted, after laguna left, the place sucked. I am thankfully that 7thGrade did dissolve over the last two years...in a way they helped create some great Champ Car forums.

nrc
02-12-04, 01:43 PM
Hats off to Wickerbill for making the effort to preserve some of what was best about 7G, and also to my darling RaceGrrl for encouraging him to take that step.

Like others I've grown tired of having the same arguments over and over. I recently found a USENET message I posted in 1994 that was not much different from what I've been posting for the entire ten years since. It's no wonder that so many loyal fans have grown tired of the fight and drifted away.

I don't want to fight just for the sake of fighting anymore. Yeah, Tony George is an inbred moron with delusions of granduer who frosted whatever functioning brain cells he had with white powder years ago. He has nearly destroyed a great tradition and a great sport with his idiotic grab for power. But I'm tired of saying it and I'm even tired of reading it. Unless I can say something new, insightful, or reallly funny about about it, why keep repeating it?

I just want to talk about Champ Car racing. I'm glad Offcamber is here for that.

Adder
02-12-04, 01:43 PM
No matter what people say, I'll miss the place, as people have said the place went through a bit of a depression as did the whole series.

But I find it sad the site died on the eve of a potential new dawn for the Champ Car World Series.

The news that SeventhGear had was nice, but I won't be visiting Crash.net to read it, the site is too loud and crowded and full of too many popups and flashing harassments for me to care.

It was more about the community to me, it was like a real part of the Champ Car community where fans, team members, drivers their relatives and broadcasters could all come together and share their opinions.

I enjoyed reading the posts of people like John Kernan, Parker Johnstone, Guy Hobbs, PT's Mom, Paintergeek and other team members.

I've been sort of overseeing a completely different forum for about seven years, although I don't run the place it has become a small part of the industry we discuss and has brought on a lot of interesting people. If it did get into difficulty I'd do whatever I could to save it.

There really at the moment don't seem to be any other forums that truely exhibit that spirit of joining the fans up with the sport in a unique and close fashion.

Crash.net is far too corporate to do anything like that in my opinion.

I hope we see a lot more 7Gers appear here at OC, but there's other Champ Car communities out there that a lot of people will go to that I will not be found at because I don't share what those sites believe, if you know what I mean.

RIP SeventhGear.

anait
02-12-04, 01:51 PM
There is no beer here?!?!?? :saywhat:

Better double check with Warlock! on that! ;)

:p Heheheheh....yeah, I think there's some crossover...

TKGAngel
02-12-04, 02:04 PM
I only posted rarely on 7thG and here, but I still feel kind of sad that 7thG is gone. It was the first place that I ever posted on the Internet. It also had the best gossip about the series, and often knew about things before they happened. I remember the chat there with TK during the Cleveland weekend, and then running into him at the track and thanking him for being there (and him remembering too!).

And Wickerbill was Laguna? You learn something new everyday. But thanks for setting up this site. :)

Racing Truth
02-12-04, 02:04 PM
I still had an old bookmark of an IP address back from when 7G was having DNS issues a year or two ago. Couldn't get to the site via the IP address bookmark. So I think their server has been taken off line.

Well if WickerBill wants to give some of us shelter, It could be nice to hang around. I guess I'll have to do my political ranting over at USPoliticsonline.com or Whistlestopper.com. Seems like both here and crapwagon, the political threads at 7G have been mentioned as a bad thing. I personally think they were in the off forum..and if you wanted to skip the political ones, it was not too hard. But you have to abide by the rules of the house.

I'm already at Whistlestopper.com. Nice site with political discussions from all sides. I recommend it to those who want pol. discussion

IlliniRacer
02-12-04, 02:39 PM
7th Gear and Peter Burke's webiste site were always the first places I checked out. Oh well, time marches on. I met alot of good friends at 7th G. A big thank you to WB for inviting me over here. I don't know about anyone else, but I need a race fix, really really bad! I'm even contemplating watching the Twin 125's today. Then again, I can always watch Surfers from 99 or Laguna from 96

RaceChic
02-12-04, 02:45 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I need a race fix, really really bad! I'm even contemplating watching the Twin 125's today.

FYI, the CART Stars Of Tomorrow is on SPEED right now. :D

:cool:

oddlycalm
02-12-04, 03:21 PM
This has been a nice 7G eulogy, and when this thread dies, the vapors of 7G will wisp away forever. It's prime will always be memorable to me. Thanks to WB both for this site and his work at 7G as well. Those of us that have fought the good fight in defense of cones everywhere will always carry those memories with us.... at least until our next next major hangover or until some new dementia takes hold.

oc

Kiwifan
02-12-04, 03:30 PM
Aye, I'll not bag 7G for what it was but rather what it became.

Big thanks WB, really really appreciate the privilege to be able to hang out with real knowledgeable CART fans in a civilised manner.

Cheers, Rusty.

rabbit
02-12-04, 03:39 PM
..bummer..

Hard Driver
02-12-04, 03:42 PM
:(

Okay, this may not be a very popular sentiment, but I will miss 7G terribly. Of course it wasn't what it used to be. But it was the first site I found...as others have said, for a long time it was where we went.

Well I was loyal to the end. No it wasn't as good as it used to be. Neither are Champcars to be honest. But I still enjoyed 7G and I still enjoy Champcars. But I will miss the site, a pretty much daily part of my life for several years.

But with the closing of one chapter, the beginning of another.

pinniped
02-12-04, 04:12 PM
Jcollins, I am here, pinniped aka ZE...its just a nickname a coworker once gave me...

7th Gear was great most of the time, miserable some of the time, but it served a purpose. I enjoyed it, it made me a bigger fan and I met some very nice people through there. I also met truebrit. :p We had some great times, I prefer to think of the positive, which of course included Laguna's moderation.

Of course I will respect this site's wishes that we not discuss politics...I don't think that caused the downfall of the site though. I think that the owners just decided to sell it.

It doesn't appear anyone knew it would be going offline...certainly not the moderators...

In my opinion, the tough times that CART has had in the last couple of years has had its own effects on the fans. Some simply became discouraged and went away. Others got even more angry, and we now have "crapwagon.com" for that. Hey, it serves a purpose, nothing wrong with that. All I know is that I had more fun when it was less about the tough times and the split and who has the best crystal ball, and more about the racing. I doubt I will ever post 3,000 plus times anywhere, but I'll be around. Hopefully we have some great racing this year to enthuse us all again; that's what we need!

Sean O'Gorman
02-12-04, 04:24 PM
Ahhh!! It's the ghost of ZE! :D

pinniped
02-12-04, 04:42 PM
I categorically deny that I am Anita.

FCYTravis
02-12-04, 04:43 PM
And just HOW are we expected to confirm that?

:rofl:

G.
02-12-04, 04:44 PM
I categorically deny that I am Anita.SounZ likE lawyer-speak...

Hey, for the newly named posters that are so inclined, howzabout a sig line with your old name?? Just an idea...

turn1
02-12-04, 04:50 PM
It was a great site & I enjoyed working with them in Cleveland during the good times....

anait
02-12-04, 04:56 PM
...I doubt I will ever post 3,000 plus times anywhere...

:D Ain't that the truth!!! I didn't scale to the dizzying heights you Champion and Legend fellows did, but I was durn proud of my 823 posts...

Ankf00
02-12-04, 05:05 PM
I worked so hard for that 2389 :( *this* close to being a faux legend!

I guess this 501st should suffice :D

and ya, doubt I'll be reaching 2500 in the next few years

B3RACER1a
02-12-04, 05:08 PM
I guess I'll join in the fun. :)

lone_groover
02-12-04, 05:13 PM
Some of you sentimental fools are gonna start losing it; I can tell. So, before you get too weepy and overwrought, dig the soothing words of Messrs. Hamlisch and Keban:

Kiss today goodbye,
The sweetness and the sorrow.
Wish me luck the same to you
But I can't regret
What I did for love,
What I did for love.
Look, my eyes are dry,
The gift was ours to borrow,
It's as if we always knew,
And I won't forget
What I did for love,
What I did for love.
Gone, love is never gone,
As we travel on,
Love's what we'll remember!
Kiss today goodbye,
And point me t'ward tomorrow.
We did what we had to do--
Won't forget, can't regret
What I did for love,

What I did for love.

What I did for--

Love

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

JT265
02-12-04, 05:45 PM
L_G, that brought a tear to my glass eyeball. :eek: :thumbup:

Mike Kellner
02-12-04, 05:58 PM
I am the poster formerly known as Killner. After I got banned from SpeedNet over the FNS flapadoodle, I rejoined as Cheezewiz, and Yardeau Brix. I also posted there as d'Cliff.

รทรทรท< 4ever

Robstar
02-12-04, 06:24 PM
I only posted rarely on 7thG and here, but I still feel kind of sad that 7thG is gone. It was the first place that I ever posted on the Internet. :)

Same as... :(

But as someone else so elequently put: Onwards & Upwards ! :) :cool:

cartman
02-12-04, 06:33 PM
The only thing I'll miss about 7G is knowing that if I took a day or two off, when I came back I'd have a crapload of new posts to peruse. Sometimes when I take a day or two off of OC, I come back and notice that there's only maybe 5 or 6 new posts all together. Thank you so much WickerBill for providing this excellent outlet for us, but come on people, let's help make all of WickerBill's hard work pay off and get the activity up a little around here. I realize that my meager post count contradicts what I'm saying here, but I will definitely be making OC part of my daily routing from now on and posting more.

My handle here is the same as it was at 7G. Not sure If I've ever been considered as a less than desirable poster (lemming, troll, whatever), but I sure hope not.

racermike
02-12-04, 06:42 PM
Racermike checking in ...

FYI .. I can still post to all the 7G forums, so if you want me to post a goodbye message, send me an IM on here and I will post it in my thread on 7G.

Not much, but at least you can get in one last message before I am not able to get in anymore.

WickerBill
02-12-04, 07:15 PM
Mikey, resolve the IP address for us before it goes away for you...

C:\>ping www.seventhgear.com

Mike Kellner
02-12-04, 07:20 PM
Mikey, resolve the IP address for us before it goes away for you...

C:\>ping www.seventhgear.com

I got 216.127.70.32

I got this message when I entered it in my browser...

The website you requested was not found. Bummer.

mk

ANAYA YATES
02-12-04, 07:31 PM
Thank you Off Camber and WickerBill for opening your doors to some of us "homeless" people.

Not only did 7G shut down, but it was my homepage on my work computer. Screwed up everything this morning. Took me an hour to get myself up and running. I am happy to say that Off Camber is now my homepage.

I've seen quite a few people I used to see post there and quite a few that have just recently moved here. Whoo hoo! Post# 1 for me.

As usual, you won't see me post much except for get togethers at the races, but I read quite a few of the forums everyday.

Thanks again for letting me join your family here.

Anaya Yates
:D

RichK
02-12-04, 07:34 PM
Good to see you, Anaya! It's been a few Long Beaches since we've last talked. Welcome to OC.

rabbit
02-12-04, 07:44 PM
I can still get in using this bookmark http://www.7thgear.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi
It only offers the "Feedback" and "CART at Indy 2002" Forums, complete with the old tan and red color scheme and this logo...
http://www.7thgear.com/ubb/7gforumsusa.jpg :saywhat:

http://www.7thgear.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=8;DaysPrune=20
It says "Moderated by Laguna"
Anybody know who this Laguna guy is? :gomer:

WickerBill
02-12-04, 07:46 PM
Man, I wish I could get there and get the old logos and stuff.

Steve99
02-12-04, 07:47 PM
7G was starting to improve since the the court announcement too. :cry:

Looks like I'll be spending more time here now. Hopefully OC will get a little more activity now.

Steve

rabbit
02-12-04, 07:50 PM
If there is anything I can do, let me know. I'm not an expert like you or Cam or Steve, but maybe you can walk me through what I need to do. (If it's as simple as right click, save, email to WB, I think I can handle that. ;) )

Turn7
02-12-04, 07:52 PM

Check with MaxarRE, he made some 7g member name tags for ID'ing others at races.

RichK
02-12-04, 07:58 PM
The logos should be at www.archive.org.

WickerBill
02-12-04, 08:05 PM
I meant get to the server so I could retrieve my old directory of "work". Not that big a deal. I had a picture on there of a car I wrecked, which was pretty cool. :)

Brian_R
02-12-04, 08:28 PM
Well add me in as another refugee from the land of 7G. Being more of a forum "lurker" than a poster in the forums over there, I think that anyone who attended an "At the Track" event will miss 7G just for that level of interaction and involvement between members of the forum, as well as some acknowledgement around the paddock of what 7G members did as fans of the sport.

The #7thgear chatroom on the XWorld IRC network is the only item left of what was THE premier place to go for CART news / gossip / banter / and interaction that can only dream of being filled by one entity.

I know that I'll be hanging out in #7thgear during raceday, but I plan on making OC my new home. After looking around at the alternatives, this looks like the place I think that has the mindset and moderators to keep things sane and view bashing to a foam pugil stick instead of a sharp mace.

Now about those At the Track meets, who's buying the Molson? ;)

Here's to the passing of a good friend, and the beginning of a great future :)

dando
02-12-04, 08:37 PM

WB:

Give the Wayback Machine (http://www.archive.org/) a whirl. And they said time travel wasn't possible....

-Kevin

theunions
02-12-04, 08:40 PM
Man...right after I hit 1000 posts, too... :(

dando
02-12-04, 08:50 PM
Man...right after I hit 1000 posts, too... :(
Yup. I had just passed 500.

I, too, will miss 7G. Such a curious ending it had.

-Kevin

Winston Wolfe
02-12-04, 08:57 PM
Another 7G "refugee" checking in...
More like abandon, but whatever.... I echo the sentiments of many who have joined in the past day.
Well heck, if it wasnt for the "At the Track" deal, then I never would have had the pleasure to meet Anaya, and several of the other cool folk from the good old days.... Manic, Team Green, Dave99, etc... Looks like there are lots of former "friendlies" here at OC, where I have lurked, but only registered and posted #1 today.
I was herbtea over at 7G, but decided to take the name of one of the characters from one of my favorite movies, Pulp Fiction over here
("That's thirty minutes, I'll be there in ten...." - Winston Wolfe)
Got the good news about March 7-8 at Long Beach. The stands should be going up VERY SOON, as they only have about 8 weeks to get the place ready for racing!
Looking for some good racing company and maybe even meeting a few of you over a beer or two.

pinniped
02-12-04, 09:09 PM
Yup. I had just passed 500.

-Kevin

Nancy boy! :gomer:

Michaelhatesfans
02-12-04, 09:47 PM
Got room for one more in here?

Robstar
02-12-04, 09:50 PM
thought that was you MHF...
Couldn't quite tell with the capital M & all... ;)

Michaelhatesfans
02-12-04, 09:58 PM
Yeah, it's me! :cool:

Kind of an odd reunion, isn't it? Kind of like the reunions that they hold for people who survive airline crashes or something. I'm waiting to be contacted by that guy from Dateline... :saywhat:

RHR_Fan
02-12-04, 10:06 PM
Well with no more 7G, that's the end of FittipaldiNut at a racing site.

4R, if we see you in Toronto, I'm coming out to dinner with you guys! And you'll be paying! :p

~Nicole

fourrunner
02-12-04, 10:16 PM

4R, if we see you in Toronto, I'm coming out to dinner with you guys! And you'll be paying! :p

~Nicole

Well you said Fittinut won't be at a race site, How About RHR Fan???

This is a great site and all the people are friendly .. Hang out & Enjoy the Place!!! They Even have a Chat Room!

I'll be in Toronto for sure... Keep checking in and we'll come up for a meetingplace as we get closer to Race time. :thumbup:

eiregosod
02-12-04, 11:05 PM
I see a lot of familiar names here, I would've liked to have given all my buddies a big hug there before the forums were cut down!

Things will settle down soon enough :)

JT265
02-13-04, 12:23 AM

~Nicole

Okay, RHR Nut, :) , I'll personally chauffer you to the dinner with 4R, 'specially since he's paying!!!!

PS: We know all the cool spots to eat in Toronto, and I'll even take four's cash at par!!!! :D

tomahawk
02-13-04, 01:10 AM
Hi everyone

Wow - seven pages of discussion - I guess I'm the last one to find out - haven't been posting much lately (here at OC nor at 7G) - hope you're all well.

Same people - different tavern :cool: :thumbup:

:tomahawk

JohnHKart
02-13-04, 06:54 AM
God, I gotta stop taking vacations.....I swear everytime I take one......all hell breaks loose.....either at Indy with my two Mexican trips/IRL airborne flips or this time I come back and no Seventh gear. I'm just now finding out about this. Darn shame!

JH

sadams
02-13-04, 09:22 AM
I just passed 500 after being there since the seednut explosion back in '99.
Oh well I'm here and I see a lot of the same names.

Andrew Longman
02-13-04, 10:56 AM
Sad to see 7G go.

It was not without its troubles, just like CART, but I guess I am loyal to the bone.

I've been there from nearly the beginning and learned so much about the sport and the inside over the years.

Fortunately, most of those same folks who educated me are now here. I'm glad I found this months back when 7G was in the depth of their many recent meltdowns.

Thanks WB for serving this sporting community. I like it here, but it just takes some getting used to.

Purple Panic
02-13-04, 11:30 AM
To quote Supertramp: "Goodbye stranger, it's been nice."

Now, on to the important question...

...Does this place have a chatroom?! :p

WickerBill
02-13-04, 11:38 AM

At the bottom of each page, in the green bar, you'll see a link to Chat... that's Java. If you have mIRC or a "fat" client, point it to irc.different.net and to the room #OffCamber .

Love to have new people in there.

Turn7
02-13-04, 11:39 AM
There is a hyperlink at the bottom of each page that will take you to the java applet to chat or bookmark this url.

http://205.214.76.190/ircx/

Cam
02-13-04, 11:40 AM

Linky to chat at the bottom of the page! :gomer: :D

WickerBill
02-13-04, 11:40 AM
There is a hyperlink at the bottom of each page that will take you to the java applet to chat or bookmark this url.

http://205.214.76.190/ircx/

Don't bookmark that URL. It will change.

WB

Purple Panic
02-13-04, 11:47 AM
Love to have new people in there.

Not so new to many people here, just incognito until further notice. :) But thanks for the info.

TrueBrit
02-13-04, 11:53 AM
I have taken part in a few political threads over at 7thgear. After awhile though I just could not do it anymore. It was not even a debate it was just the same crap time after time. That being said I do hope to run into a few people from over there. TrueBrit,Zanardi and a host of others that I have enjoyed talking with over the years.

I am already here mate!!! :)

And I had 6300 posts.....All friggin' gone now!!!! :cry:

Fitti Fan
02-13-04, 12:07 PM

Well Nicole, at least people won't keep getting us confused!!!!

:)

KLang
02-13-04, 12:08 PM
I am already here mate!!! :)

But most were WRONG. ;) :laugh:

aka Type-S

KobySon
02-13-04, 12:09 PM
pop up at crash:

Welcome SeventhGear.com users, to provide a better and more extensive motorsports coverage SeventhGear.com/7thGear.com has joined the Crash.Net family of sites. We have several additional channels at Crash.Net and hope that you'll enjoy the site and our content.
We welcome all Seventhgear.com users to Crash.Net, our friends at Seventhgear have sent e-mails out to their registered users to advise of the takeover, if this has come as a surprise to you then we apologise.

Crash.Net is one of the busiest and most comprehensive motorsport destinations on the internet and we will strive to cover and report on all aspects of motorsport to the point of increasing our coverage of the US championships which you have come to expect at SeventhGear.com

Once again we welcome you all to Crash.Net and hope that you will remain loyal to the site as we have retained the services of the editorial team at SeventhGear. You'll therefore still be able to read and see the excellent written and photographic content generated by the guys at SeventhGear.com.

Hard Driver
02-13-04, 01:07 PM
Not so new to many people here, just incognito until further notice. :) But thanks for the info.

Hmmmm... No location or other info entered in the Bio. But is interested in the Chat room. Just recently registered, so loyal to 7G.... Hmmmmm. Dormant for the winter mentioned in another post.... My guess. Anita

dando
02-13-04, 01:09 PM
pop up at crash:

Welcome SeventhGear.com users, to provide a better and more extensive motorsports coverage SeventhGear.com/7thGear.com has joined the Crash.Net family of sites. We have several additional channels at Crash.Net and hope that you'll enjoy the site and our content.
We welcome all Seventhgear.com users to Crash.Net, our friends at Seventhgear have sent e-mails out to their registered users to advise of the takeover, if this has come as a surprise to you then we apologise.

Crash.Net is one of the busiest and most comprehensive motorsport destinations on the internet and we will strive to cover and report on all aspects of motorsport to the point of increasing our coverage of the US championships which you have come to expect at SeventhGear.com

Once again we welcome you all to Crash.Net and hope that you will remain loyal to the site as we have retained the services of the editorial team at SeventhGear. You'll therefore still be able to read and see the excellent written and photographic content generated by the guys at SeventhGear.com.

Ah, well...thanks for the info. I guess this confirms the demise. Since I use Google's toolbar, the popup is blocked for me. Other folks must not be seeing it either, as a few 7G folks have posted queries on the Champ Car board wondering what's up. What a gawd awful looking site. Absolutely useless from a usability standpoint. :shakehead
-Kevin

Wabbit
02-13-04, 01:11 PM
God, I gotta stop taking vacations.....I swear everytime I take one......all hell breaks loose.....either at Indy with my two Mexican trips/IRL airborne flips or this time I come back and no Seventh gear. I'm just now finding out about this. Darn shame!

JH

So it's all YOUR fault!

Purple Panic
02-13-04, 01:22 PM
Hmmmm... No location or other info entered in the Bio. But is interested in the Chat room. Just recently registered, so loyal to 7G.... Hmmmmm. Dormant for the winter mentioned in another post.... My guess. Anita

Not remotely, but keep guessing. I'll have fun watching you try to figure it out. :D

Doesn't Anita live in Canada? I thought I listed USA....

4wheeldrifter
02-13-04, 01:36 PM
Another 7G'er straggles in (I'm slow-witted, what can I say :gomer: ).

What a surprise to find it "up and vanish like a f@rt in the wind". RIP 7G, it was fun while it lasted. Now onto bigger and better things.

Like I said, I'm slow witted AND a creature of habit, wish I'd have found this place sooner. Good to see familiar names, both recent and past 7G folks.

Back to 1. Bummer.

TrueBrit
02-13-04, 01:42 PM
I'm just curious...why is a site about motor racing called "Crash Net"?? Is it infantile, morbid or just plain dumb??

KLang
02-13-04, 01:44 PM
And why would they think any loyalty we held for 7G would transfer to them? :rolleyes:

4wheeldrifter
02-13-04, 01:49 PM
I'm just curious...why is a site about motor racing called "Crash Net"?? Is it infantile, morbid or just plain dumb??

I thought that a bit odd as well. Saw that the URL had ".uk" at the end, so figured something must have gotten lost in the British-Americano translation :p .

No offense to anyone there, but Crash Net has nothing on this place. The place is like an airplane crash site, way too messy.

WB, just took a tour around this place. Very well done. Looks like a good home. :thumbup:

Mike Kellner
02-13-04, 01:51 PM

Perhaps they are trying to attract NASCAR fans to F1. ;)

It seemed that the pictures of scantily clad young women were larger than the pictures of the racecars. I guess that says something about their dedication to the sport as well. Not that I dislike such pictures, but there is a time and a place for everything.

mk

RichK
02-13-04, 01:54 PM

Dumb, I think. Kind of like Bill Simpson's new safety equipment company: "Impact Racing Products".

Mike Kellner
02-13-04, 01:59 PM
Last year, we took a cruise. The ship had one stairway that looked exactly like the grand strair on the Movie Titanic. (On purpose! They advertised it.) People were getting their photos taken there.

I kept thinking that the Titanic was pretty much the last imagery I would want to invoke if I owned a cruise ship.

mk

JT265
02-13-04, 01:59 PM
Dumb, I think. Kind of like Bill Simpson's new safety equipment company: "Impact Racing Products".

or maybe both of them are sponsored in part and provided technical assistance from the Formula ToeKnee marketing department.

ie: "The Indy 500! Lights! Camera! Traction!

<pan camera to Kenny Brack>

^^^ pure marketing genius that is ^^^
:saywhat:

TravelGal
02-13-04, 02:22 PM
It's a sad day for me, that's for sure. It's taken a while to get here because I was in such shock. Like sod, I would have liked to have given everyone a big group hug. (You KNOW I couldn't read those song lyrics. They really did choke me up.) As Longman said, loyal to the bone.

As you call can tell, I'm a refugee, wandering the limitless halls of cyberspace, looking for my friends, my racing family. A lot of them are here. Tremendous relief to see TrueBrit and many others appearing.

Could we have an OC translator please? Pinniped? Gosh, glad YOU'RE here. Need to keep up the SoCal contingent.

Sorry, WB, if this is too long. I guess it's my own personal, rambling eulogy to 7G and all the great friends I made over there.

Smiling through my tears, I can say that there is one bright side. When I registered here, TravelGal was already taken. That TG abbreviation was getting real old. :-) Now I'm stuck with another bad one though. WB, can I quit and start over with a name that represents the FUTURE?!

goldpanracing
02-13-04, 02:47 PM
fourunner, why do people talk about how you handle prime rib but not the way you handled those Karts at toronto

jcollins28
02-13-04, 03:26 PM

LOL and 6,299 of those post were anti Bush!..lol Since there is no political post here you are right. You will never have that high of a post count. :D BTW Great to see ZE here has anyone seen brickman?

TravelGal
02-13-04, 03:44 PM
LOL and 6,299 of those post were anti Bush!..lol Since there is no political post here you are right. You will never have that high of a post count. :D BTW Great to see ZE here has anyone seen brickman?

Yep, he's here!! :thumbup:

racer2c
02-13-04, 04:28 PM
Last year, we took a cruise. The ship had one stairway that looked exactly like the grand strair on the Movie Titanic. (On purpose! They advertised it.) People were getting their photos taken there.

I kept thinking that the Titanic was pretty much the last imagery I would want to invoke if I owned a cruise ship.

mk

That reminds me of the inflatable "sinking Titanic" slide for children that I saw at a road side carnival. The kids were having a blast, I just thought it was macabre.

dando
02-13-04, 05:06 PM
I almost posted that same reply to TB earlier, but passed on that softball... :rofl:

Brick is around here, too, using the same forum nickname.

-Kevin

PopOffValve
02-13-04, 05:22 PM
:mad: :flame:
I'm stunned and angry. The losers who owned 7th Gear could have IN THE LEAST given a bit of warning. I held my faith and loyalty and this is the bull**** I get from them...

ah well, as CART is gone, so is 7G I suppose.

*raises glass to the old 7G*

lone_groover
02-13-04, 05:30 PM
WIth the 7G diaspora in full effek, it's time to stake my claim as Forum Celebrity (or at least a John Basedow-style Forum Personality).

Watch for lots of posts from yours truly!

:gomer:

Madmaxfan2
02-13-04, 06:36 PM
I guess this is the new place!

mueber
02-13-04, 06:50 PM
Frankly, I miss what 7G used to be, but it wasn't that for quite some time.

It's nice to see so many familiar names found their way here, but I'm sure the, "No one loves OWRS more than me, but..." crowd will find its way here too.

Hope the mods are ready.

The king is dead; long live the king.

SID
02-13-04, 07:19 PM
RIP 7G

Don't you wish that TG went away that fast?

SID
(pulling up a chair and making himself comfortable)

JT265
02-13-04, 07:23 PM
WIth the 7G diaspora in full effek, it's time to stake my claim as Forum Celebrity (or at least a John Basedow-style Forum Personality).

I'M NOT WORTHY!!!!!

I'M NOT WORTHY!!!!!

I'M NOT WORTHY!!!!!

;)

Alanis
02-13-04, 07:30 PM
:)

HOLA!!!!

Well as a Mexican member of 7tGh I'm sorry because that was my first (and almost only) CART forum I used to visit in a daily basis....... I remember everybody treated me very well.

Now it's time to move on... I registered here months ago and now is on my bookmarks.

I recognize some old friends here...

pinniped
02-13-04, 07:57 PM
:mad: :flame:
I'm stunned and angry. The losers who owned 7th Gear could have IN THE LEAST given a bit of warning. I held my faith and loyalty and this is the bull**** I get from them...

ah well, as CART is gone, so is 7G I suppose.

*raises glass to the old 7G*

I guess it wasn't "at the top of their lists"...hey change is good...

A.I.
02-13-04, 08:17 PM
Well......what can I say?

It's GREAT to see that FINALLY those in control of the slow, complete rape and obliteration of something that once WAS amazing have been recognised for what they are.

For too long they hid in a fake air of "we are for the fans". Nothing could be said against the management as they were so squeaky clean and everyone loved them.

Do you love them now?

A great thank you to those who remember a special period of time. Who knows, all may come out in the wash...but what would that achieve now?

A.I.

PS - G'day Rusty ;-)

IlliniRacer
02-13-04, 08:35 PM

Ladies and Gentleman,

May I introduce to you, The One, The Only.....lone_groover:
http://muscleweb.com/john/gallery/3.jpg