PDA

View Full Version : Let's dance, baby!

Pages : 1 [2]

Jervis Tetch 1
03-26-05, 11:44 PM
Both games were truly unbelievable.

Screwyville down by 20, coming back to win in OT.

And the Illini! That game may have been one of the all-time greats. They proved they are champions even if they don't win it all.

Nice to see them back in the Final 4 for the first time since 1989. Maybe they'll win it all.

I look for the Big 10 to keep rolling. Two teams I absolutely hate, UNC and Ken-tuck-y. Hope they both lose.

dando
03-26-05, 11:59 PM
It's not as much fun without a bunch of computers deciding who the best team is. :gomer:
Yeah, it's pure foolishness to think a tourney for foosball would be a good way to decide the 1-A foosball champ. :shakehead

-Kevin

Racing Truth
03-27-05, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it's pure foolishness to think a tourney for foosball would be a good way to decide the 1-A foosball champ. :shakehead

-Kevin

Bah, how would we keep all the $$$ for ourselves?

Sincerely,
Big 10, Big 12, SEC, ACC, Pac-10, Big East commisioners.

:mad:

Racing Truth
03-27-05, 02:57 PM
Illannoy VS Az..........greattest basketball game I have ever seen in 40 years. :eek:

Hell of a day yesterday!

Deron Williams is just a great play. Coaches' dream I would think.

Methanolandbrats
03-27-05, 05:46 PM
First 5 minutes of the game killed Wisconsin. Man, those announcers sucked.....Roy this and Roy that....blah, blah, blah....maybe the three of them are going to get naked in a hot tub later. Go Illinois.

dando
03-27-05, 07:24 PM
First 5 minutes of the game killed Wisconsin. Man, those announcers sucked.....Roy this and Roy that....blah, blah, blah....maybe the three of them are going to get naked in a hot tub later. Go Illinois.
Yeah, Badgers aren't gonna win too many 80+ point games. Good show to get to the Elite 8, tho. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
03-27-05, 08:29 PM
Unbelievable, part 2. Man, I just hope the games next weekend can live up to this weekend's games. Wow!

-Kevin

RHR_Fan
03-27-05, 10:34 PM
Too bad the Badgers lost, but they did get to the Elite 8. Anyone catch that Michigan State game? Wow! I could only listen to it since we were in the car, but I would have loved to have catched the end of regulation and the two overtimes.

~Nicole

dando
03-27-05, 10:36 PM
Too bad the Badgers lost, but they did get to the Elite 8. Anyone catch that Michigan State game? Wow! I could only listen to it since we were in the car, but I would have loved to have catched the end of regulation and the two overtimes.

~Nicole
That's about all I caught of the MSU game, 2, and pretty much none of the Badgers game. :( 2 Big 10 teams in the Final Four! w00t!!! :D

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
03-27-05, 10:42 PM
That's about all I caught of the MSU game, 2, and pretty much none of the Badgers game. :( 2 Big 10 teams in the Final Four! w00t!!! :D

-Kevin Ya, maybe after this year there won't be so much of that ACC asslicking in the National Media :D

dando
03-27-05, 11:01 PM
Ya, maybe after this year there won't be so much of that ACC asslicking in the National Media :D
Ya, but it would help if the Big 10 dint get itz @ss handed to it in the Big 10-ACC challenge for three straight years. :saywhat: :(

So where's the Big 12 and Pac 10? :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
03-27-05, 11:20 PM
Ya, but it would help if the Big 10 dint get itz @ss handed to it in the Big 10-ACC challenge for three straight years. :saywhat: :(

-Kevin Aw, I view the Big10/ACC thing as a pre-season tuneup...like the NFL pre-season.....don't mean ****. March is what matters.

Lizzerd
03-28-05, 12:17 AM
This was the best regional championship weekend in a long time, if not ALL time. Three GREAT games and the other one still in doubt until the waning moments.

Go Big 10!

CART T. Katz
03-28-05, 12:29 AM
jervis, don't be a hater :gomer:

rick pitino said it yesterday: to have a team shoot 10 threes and only be down by 13, you're playing well.

legs didn't just do it. legs and pressure d did it. considering that the score at halftime was 40-27, we scored 66 second half points while west virginia scored 45. let go. give us credit. and don't hold on to the fact that we are playing the overall 1 seed. illiniois has shown me that they can be beaten. i have illinois beating louisville in the final four, but don't be surprised to see the cards in the championship game.

http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gif

RHR_Fan
03-28-05, 12:31 AM
I would love to see Michigan St. and Illinois play each other in NCAA final. That'd be awesome.

~Nicole

CART T. Katz
03-28-05, 12:50 AM
oh yeah, i forgot to mention, current conference teams remaining:
sec- 0 (SUCK THAT UK!!!) :laugh: :rofl:
big 10- 2
acc- 1
big east- 1
c-usa- 0 (louisville is a big east team in the disguise of a c-usa team)

Methanolandbrats
03-28-05, 08:45 AM
I would love to see Michigan St. and Illinois play each other in NCAA final. That'd be awesome.

~Nicole You will.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-28-05, 11:05 AM
jervis, don't be a hater :gomer:

rick pitino said it yesterday: to have a team shoot 10 threes and only be down by 13, you're playing well.

legs didn't just do it. legs and pressure d did it. considering that the score at halftime was 40-27, we scored 66 second half points while west virginia scored 45. let go. give us credit. and don't hold on to the fact that we are playing the overall 1 seed. illiniois has shown me that they can be beaten. i have illinois beating louisville in the final four, but don't be surprised to see the cards in the championship game.

http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gifI'm not a hater CART T. I just like the name "Screwyville" better than Louisville.

Besides, I have friends down there and they would tend to agree with me about the chaos that occasionally happens.

But I've got a lot to talk about coming from Los Angeles :gomer:

G.
03-28-05, 12:27 PM
My MOM was cheering. Go Illini!

'Zona is not a better team than the Illini, but really, they played better.

Need Valium for Friday...

dando
03-28-05, 01:25 PM
Aw, I view the Big10/ACC thing as a pre-season tuneup...like the NFL pre-season.....don't mean ****. March is what matters.
The impact is in the RPI rankings and the perception by the media. It also doesn't help that former powers like Purdue and Michigan are shadows of what they were in the 80s and 90s. IU falls into that categorey outside of their miracle run back in 2002, which was the last time the Big Ten had a team in the Final Four until this year. Frankly, the Big Ten has lived up to the perception the past two tourneys.

-Kevin

Ankf00
03-28-05, 09:07 PM
So where's the Big 12 and Pac 10? :gomer:

-Kevin

where's booster payout state? :gomer:

dando
03-28-05, 09:25 PM
where's booster payout state? :gomer:
Go check the GPAs of your teams, bonehead. :gomer:

Kinda early for you to be posting, f00boy. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
03-29-05, 10:41 PM
ya, too bad we dont have football 301 taught by tressel to inflate their gpa's, or we could be like OU and implement "university studies" as a major :gomer:

and I'm not the one throwing around basketball smack ;)

dando
04-02-05, 06:35 PM
Final Four in >30 minutes! w00t!

Go Big 10! :thumbup:

Where's the Big 12? Oh yeah...watching @ home like Austin Aggy in Big D. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-02-05, 09:23 PM
CBS is playing The Killers. w00t.

time to make my chili, and watch mich state UNC, hrm, I can't decide which is more squad makes me want to http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pukey.gif more

dando
04-02-05, 09:23 PM
ILLini = :thumbup:

(sorry CARTT)

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
04-02-05, 09:33 PM
Much easier to watch than the AZ game. . .but not by much. :thumbup:
The Rev and Luther took over in the second half.

Time to make this a "Big Monday" affair. GO SPARTANS

..My God, I can't believe I just said that! :D

dando
04-03-05, 08:21 PM
Time to make this a "Big Monday" affair. GO SPARTANS

..My God, I can't believe I just said that! :D
Spartans couldn't hit water falling from a boat in the 2nd half last night. That was just plain painful to watch. :( That was the MSU team I saw most of the season. I sure didn't recognize them the past two weeks.

Ah well. The championship tomorrow night should be a classic. Go ILLini. :thumbup:

I can't believe I just said that. :D

-Kevin

dando
04-04-05, 10:43 PM
<gulp>

Despite the big 1/2time deficit, good start to the 2nd half. Good karma, good karma....

Oh, and Billy Packer is an ACC homer. :flame:

-Kevin

dando
04-04-05, 11:09 PM
New ball game w/5 2 go...

-Kevin

dando
04-04-05, 11:17 PM
Booyah!!!! New game w/2.5 2 play....

Hummina, hummina, hummuina....

-Kevin

dando
04-04-05, 11:30 PM
Ah cr@p! Sorry ILLini. :( Good game, tho.

FBP = ACC homer! :flame:

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-04-05, 11:40 PM
awwwww, dando's getting all prissy now :gomer:

man, this is the ****tiest sports year ever... first NHL, then fullerton in the CWS, then milan and ManUre win the scudetto and premiership, then the Sox, then the pats, now the 'heels.... UGH. sis is a dookie, one of my best friends is a wolfette, i've got severe UNC issues since childhood :D

I'd like to also say that Kev just broke OGorman's Offcamber.net record for most replies to one's self :gomer:

Night Train
04-04-05, 11:57 PM
Ank, I hear you. Work tomorrow will not be fun as Charlotte is a UNC haven. Bleech. My feelings towards UNC mirror my feelings towards Tony George.

Signed,
Bitter Night Train

dando
04-05-05, 12:02 AM
f00boy, sorry...I dint realize you were resting up for 2morrow night's womin's championship. :gomer:

GO MSU!!!

(unlike you, I root for other teams w/in my home conference rather than just hate :p )

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-05-05, 12:04 AM
we already knew you were an aggy, you didn't need to explain again. aggieland and columbus OH, home of the moral victory :gomer:

dando
04-05-05, 12:11 AM
Root hard for BU 2morrow, h8r. :shakehead

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
04-05-05, 08:33 AM
They just did have an answer for Sean May. :( Oh, well. In the words of Railbird "Drop the Flag"

Racing Truth
04-05-05, 12:51 PM
They just did have an answer for Sean May. :( Oh, well. In the words of Railbird "Drop the Flag"

Yep. I knew UNC was toying with 'em. Almost backfired on the Heels though. Congrats on a great year, IR. :cool:

G.
04-05-05, 01:38 PM
It was a great run this year. No regrets, no sorrow.

Went to take down my Illini flag from the flagpole last night (delightfully tacky, until the neighbor bought on too :shakehead ). Couldn't.

Respect.

Dirty Sanchez
04-05-05, 01:46 PM
how low does that fat load Maytoya have to drop his shoulder before a charge is called? May, the worst shooting half of the season, defensive breakdowns inside and James Augustine are the reasons why the Illini lost. funny thing is that they still almost got it done... but then I thought that they played like they wanted it more down the stretch. came up a few short. great effort, great season. Illinois still rules... eFF the University of NASCARolina :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
04-05-05, 04:34 PM
fat load Maytoya :rofl:

dando
04-05-05, 10:30 PM
They just did have an answer for Sean May. :(
Ya know, I thought about that long and hard, too....but after watching the game, and as I cogitated over it, and listened to a few other talking heads (to confirm, not whine), I was really troubled by the lack of consistency with the calls inside. :(

-Kevin