PDA

View Full Version : Play Ball!!!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Turn7
05-26-05, 10:23 AM
Astros. :cry:

devilmaster
05-26-05, 10:40 AM
and the batter's eye is a monstrosity that looks like a Sci-Fi relic.
-Kevin

I was wondering about that when we went to see a game last year. I thought it might have been a replica of something that was in one of the older Reds parks. To me, it looked very turn of the century, and totally out of place within the park.

Racing Truth
05-27-05, 01:10 PM
I'd also like to confirm that, among everything else, Aaron Boone also cannot bunt properly, and can no longer play defense.

Other than that, he's an effective MLB player. :shakehead :gomer:

Hey Cork, your boy Zito might pitch well tonight. He's facing that juggernaut Indians offense. :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
05-27-05, 01:12 PM
Hey Cork, your boy Zito might pitch well tonight. He's facing that juggernaut Indians offense. :laugh:More likely he will make the entire Indians lineup look like A-Wad after the 6th. :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
05-28-05, 01:56 AM
More likely he will make the entire Indians lineup look like A-Wad after the 6th. :laugh:I was half-right. Zito pitched himself out of the game by then and the bullpen made sure he lost again. :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
05-28-05, 11:07 AM
Hmm, funny how you constantly bitch about Barry Zito here, but when Keiichi Yabu blows three runs off of two hits, there is no mention of his name...

Is he a cousin or something?

Dr. Corkski
05-28-05, 11:24 AM
Hater. Difference is that Yabu isn't the #1 starter that can't pitch for more than six innings.

Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown:

RTKar
05-28-05, 12:01 PM
Prior on the DL :shakehead and ex Cub, 97 year old Jamie Moyer keeps on pitching.... :saywhat:

chop456
05-28-05, 12:04 PM
Prior on the DL :shakehead and ex Cub, 97 year old Jamie Moyer keeps on pitching.... :saywhat:

What ever happened to that John Garland kid? :D

Looks like Prior will be out for a long time, too. Ouch.

RTKar
05-28-05, 12:06 PM
What ever happened to thet John Garland kid? :D

playing in obscurity... ;)

Racing Truth
05-28-05, 12:23 PM

Cubs fans :laugh: .

Cork: To be fair, the rain delays probably lead to early departures of both Lee and Zito.

RTKar
05-28-05, 12:26 PM

Cork: To be fair, the rain delays probably lead to early departures of both Lee and Zito.

Cub fans!...partying since 1908 :cool:

Dr. Corkski
05-28-05, 08:34 PM

Cork: To be fair, the rain delays probably lead to early departures of both Lee and Zito.Zito was up to 102 pitches by the end of the 6th, no way was Macha going to leave his sorry ass in. They weren't hitting as it was and Zito usually starts completely falling apart at that point.

Mark Prior with a broken elbow can do a better job as closer than anyone in the Cubs bullpen, that's including a healthy (HA! :laugh: )Borkowski.

Racing Truth
05-30-05, 05:10 PM
I think we should play the A's every week. :p

Dr. Corkski
05-30-05, 06:12 PM
I think we should play the A's every week. :pI think the A's should get to play the Indians every week too. The A Adv. Kinston Indians that is. :cry: :laugh:

dando
05-30-05, 08:26 PM
NCAA tourney field set:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2070220

The field is set for the 2005 NCAA Division I baseball tournament. Tulane (50-9) is the top overall seed followed by Georgia Tech (42-16), Nebraska (51-13), Baylor (39-21), Mississippi (44-18), Cal State Fullerton (41-15), Florida (40-20) and Oregon State (41-9).

Did I miss Tex@ss in that list? :gomer:

<rant>Bucks beat U/M and win the Big 10 tourney, and have eerily similiar records overall and in conference, yet the Bucks get seeded #4 vs. U/M #3? :confused: Well, @ least U/M, which has been teh suck in baseball for the past several years, will face the #2 overall seed should they advance to round 2. </rant>

:flame: on, h8ers. (only 3 mos. to foosball season :))

-Kevin

dando
05-30-05, 08:27 PM
I think the A's should get to play the Indians every week too. The A Adv. Kinston Indians that is. :cry: :laugh:
Well, they could have a worse record than the @stros....oh, wait. :gomer:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-30-05, 08:28 PM
Well, they could have a worse record than the @stros....oh, wait. :gomer:

-KevinEven the 'stros have pitching. And those pitchers hit better than the entire A's lineup.

Ankf00
06-12-05, 03:13 PM
NCAA tourney field set:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2070220

Did I miss Tex@ss in that list?

<rant>Bucks beat U/M and win the Big 10 tourney, and have eerily similiar records overall and in conference, yet the Bucks get seeded #4 vs. U/M #3? :confused: Well, @ least U/M, which has been teh suck in baseball for the past several years, will face the #2 overall seed should they advance to round 2. </rant>

:flame: on, h8ers. (only 3 mos. to foosball season :))

-Kevin

#3 RPI, #4/5 rank nationally, sounds like worthy of a national seed to me... the selection commitee gave undue bias to SEC and ACC, *gasp* might LSU already out? say it ain't so!!!! Auburn #2 yet aggy not in the tourney ? Okie St and Tech stayed home too. Crock of ****.

happy now? :p

Tenn slaughtered GT, UF slaughtered FSU, so SEC is doing alright. Clemson has to carry the ACC through Waco which I doubt will happen considering Baylor's arms. Clemson shouldn't have the depth to keep up over the next 2 games... NU will kill Miami... so much for the ACC

Ankf00
06-12-05, 03:14 PM
Astros. :cry:

I know... :(

dando
06-12-05, 11:10 PM
#3 RPI, #4/5 rank nationally, sounds like worthy of a national seed to me... the selection commitee gave undue bias to SEC and ACC, *gasp* might LSU already out? say it ain't so!!!! Auburn #2 yet aggy not in the tourney ? Okie St and Tech stayed home too. Crock of ****.

happy now? :p

Tenn slaughtered GT, UF slaughtered FSU, so SEC is doing alright. Clemson has to carry the ACC through Waco which I doubt will happen considering Baylor's arms. Clemson shouldn't have the depth to keep up over the next 2 games... NU will kill Miami... so much for the ACC
:yawn: :gomer:

Foosball season < 3 mos. away. :cool:

-Kevin

racermike
06-13-05, 09:19 PM
Oregon State makes the World Series!

Only problem is, with another NCAA championship event, Oregon State is getting the shaft with a #8 seed. They are ranked 2nd in all 3 polls before going into the playoffs (regionals, super regionals), yet get seeded 8th.

This means they will have to face Tulane (ranked #1) in their first game in Omaha.

NCAA screws another PacNW team.

Ankf00
06-13-05, 09:29 PM
*blah* *blah* *blah*
http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html

your RPI is 10th, if Rice had to choke away an upset of Tulane IN New Orleans I'm sure Beaver should fare well enough considering they're #2 in the country... oh wait, Beaver warms up against powerhouses like Dallas Baptist :gomer:

we're #2 RPI in the country and top 5/8 rankings and are playing #5 natl seed in supers IN Oxford, Omaha is a neutral site and double elim tourney, it doesn't matter where you're seeded once you're there, nut up and finish it mr. hasn't been to Omaha since '52 :p

and what's with the beaver love? I thought you were a duck. Isn't your rivalry game called "The Civil War?" :p

Ankf00
06-13-05, 10:07 PM
:yawn: :gomer:

Foosball season < 3 mos. away. :cool:

-Kevin

sept 10th has me all giddy inside :D

Racing Truth
06-15-05, 05:46 PM
Oh, the Indians have been quite disappointing so far.

Well, some improvement lately. Now at 32-30. I'm trying to believe its for real. We'll see.

Oh, Astros =teh suck :gomer: :laugh:

dando
06-16-05, 10:11 PM
Well, some improvement lately. Now at 32-30. I'm trying to believe its for real. We'll see.

The Tribe are beating the teams they should = good. The Tribe hasn't solved the ChiSox or Twinkies = bad. Here endeth the lesson. :gomer:

Seriously, kudos on the team ERA....who woulda thunk it?!? However, beating the likes of the Gints, Rockies, Reds, etc. doesn't a good team make. The schedule is what it is, but we'll see where they are in the next couple of weeks when they face the BoSox, Bmore, and the dreaded Yanks.

-Kevin

dando
06-21-05, 09:22 PM
The Tribe are beating the teams they should = good. The Tribe hasn't solved the ChiSox or Twinkies = bad. Here endeth the lesson. :gomer:

Seriously, kudos on the team ERA....who woulda thunk it?!? However, beating the likes of the Gints, Rockies, Reds, etc. doesn't a good team make. The schedule is what it is, but we'll see where they are in the next couple of weeks when they face the BoSox, Bmore, and the dreaded Yanks.

-Kevin
Point made? :(

NL West = AL Central of the past few years. :shakehead

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-21-05, 09:30 PM
ASTROS!

WOOOOO!!

:gomer:

dando
06-21-05, 09:42 PM
[B]ASTROS![/B[

Suck less than...???

:gomer: :p

-Kevin

dando
07-26-05, 11:25 AM
Post All* break update time....

Zito wins again (6 in a row). A's now 9 games over .500 after being 6-20 in May. :eek: Where's the hater now? :gomer:

AL wild card is wide open. Stick a fork in the Tribe.

'stros trying to climb back into the NL race (forget the central, gomaz).

NL West = teh suck. :thumdown:

Trade deadline = 7/31.

-Kevin

Racing Truth
08-04-05, 01:32 PM
I'd also like to confirm that, among everything else, Aaron Boone also cannot bunt properly, and can no longer play defense.

Other than that, he's an effective MLB player. :gomer:

Hey Cork, your boy Zito might pitch well tonight. He's facing that juggernaut Indians offense. :laugh:

Heh. I posted ^ on May 27. By the end of that series, Cork's A's were 17-32, and the Indians were certainly not contending for anything. Now, the A's lead the Wild Card by 3 over the damnyankees and 3 1/2 over my Tribe. :eek: All thanks to Cork's boy Barry Zito :D (and others of course).

Racing Truth
08-04-05, 01:33 PM
Heh. I posted ^ on May 27. By the end of that series, Cork's A's were 17-32, and the Indians were certainly not contending for anything. Now, the A's lead the Wild Card by 3 over the damnyankees and 3 1/2 over my Tribe. :eek: All thanks to Cork's boy Barry Zito :D (and others of course).

I should include Huston Street as well before f00boy comes in and blathers on about it. :gomer:

dando
08-04-05, 03:20 PM
If the A's had won last night, they would have been the first team to go from 15 games under .500 to 15 games over .500 in a season. Just a matter of time b4 they do that.

NL West is still :thumdown: .

The Tribe can't hit, but @ least they are beating the Yanks. :)

-Kevin

Stu
08-04-05, 03:21 PM
Hater. Difference is that Yabu isn't the #1 starter that can't pitch for more than six innings.

Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown:

Hey, so how bout that Barry Zito? Seems to be having a good game?

We are talking about the Barry Zito of Oakland right? The A's? The team that keeps winning? The same Barry Zito that has a record of 6-0 in July, and about to win today? We talking about that guy?

dando
08-04-05, 03:27 PM

We are talking about the Barry Zito of Oakland right? The A's? The team that keeps winning? The same Barry Zito that has a record of 6-0 in July, and about to win today? We talking about that guy?
The H8r can't H8, so he ain't gots nothin' to say, see? Besides, I believe he's busy having a likeness of Katherine Legge tatooed on his bum. ;) :gomer:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
08-04-05, 03:30 PM

What else would you expect from a guy who tried to claim Jeff Garcia is a legend as a way to avoid admitting he misread a quote from Ank? :gomer: :gomer:

Racing Truth
08-04-05, 03:31 PM
The H8r can't H8, so he ain't gots nothin' to say, see? Besides, I believe he's busy having a likeness of Katherine Legge tatooed on his bum. ;) :gomer:

-Kevin

:laugh: :laugh:

Racing Truth
08-04-05, 03:32 PM
What else would you expect from a guy who tried to claim Jeff Garcia is a legend as a way to avoid admitting he misread a quote from Ank? :gomer: :gomer:

Whoa! Corky actually said that? :eek: :laugh:

dando
08-04-05, 03:44 PM
Whoa! Corky actually said that? :eek: :laugh:
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7375&highlight=jeff+garcia

He professed his affection for Garcia in the NFL Draft 2005 thread:

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7375&highlight=jeff+garcia

:laugh:

-Kevin

Stu
08-04-05, 03:51 PM

-Kevin

I thought Ogorman was the only one in love with Katherine Legge

Dr. Corkski
08-04-05, 05:00 PM
Zito has been getting more than 7 runs a game to work with, and is still the only full-time starter without a complete game this season, and hasn't had one in two years. :thumdown:

And Garcia was a pro-bowl QB until he made the mistake of signing with a Cleveland team. :gomer:

indyfan31
08-04-05, 05:08 PM
I thought Ogorman was the only one in love with Katherine Legge

(Whew! Looks like I haven't been outed yet)

dando
08-04-05, 05:24 PM
Zito has been getting more than 7 runs a game to work with, and is still the only full-time starter without a complete game this season, and hasn't had one in two years. :thumdown:

And Garcia was a pro-bowl QB until he made the mistake of signing with a Cleveland team. :gomer:
Uh, he won his 8th straight today 5-2 over the Twinkies...how does that make for >7 runs? During this run, he's given up 1,2,1,2,0,4,5, and 2 runs...plus, he made it through 8 innings three times during that span. Frankly the complete game stat you mentioned is a misnomer this day and age, and may be due in part to a manager's approach. He may have averaged 7 runs of support during his streak, but he definitely dint need it. Further, he was 3-2 in June w/a 3.05 ERA and 6-0 in July w/a 2.65 ERA. Heck, even his stats in May were a respectable 1-2 and 3.49. Since April, he's been pretty solid. Seems like you can't back up the h8 with stats, :gomer:ski. :p

-Kevin

dando
08-04-05, 09:49 PM
Wickman done blowed up in the 9th yet again tonight. :shakehead

-Kevin

Stu
08-04-05, 11:28 PM

OH MY GOSH. NO COMPLETE GAMES????@!?!?!!?!?!??!??@!??!?!??!? HES HORRIBLE! So if Nolan Ryan went out and pitched 8 scoreless innings, and handed the ball over to the closer in the 9th, you would consider it a poor start? Is that what you are saying? I think thats what you are saying?

And Garcia was a pro-bowl QB until he lost T.O. Although, you're probably right. I'm sure he'll make the pro-bowl this year as Detroit's backup.

Dr. Corkski
08-05-05, 12:44 AM
OH MY GOSH. NO COMPLETE GAMES????@!?!?!!?!?!??!??@!??!?!??!? HES HORRIBLE! So if Nolan Ryan went out and pitched 8 scoreless innings, and handed the ball over to the closer in the 9th, you would consider it a poor start? Is that what you are saying? I think thats what you are saying?It helps to have your team on fire offensively and outslug a bunch of pitching oriented teams. Zito can't pitch complete games because he can't be effective after 100 pitches, and he can't pitch effectivly without throwing a ton of pitches. That taxes the thin bullpen that Oakland has.

And Garcia was a pro-bowl QB until he lost T.O. Although, you're probably right. I'm sure he'll make the pro-bowl this year as Detroit's backup.Garcia will have the two Williams' to throw to if they finally decide to ditch Harrington. IIRC he did pretty well under their current coach. :gomer:

Stu
08-05-05, 03:23 PM
It helps to have your team on fire offensively and outslug a bunch of pitching oriented teams. Zito can't pitch complete games because he can't be effective after 100 pitches, and he can't pitch effectivly without throwing a ton of pitches. That taxes the thin bullpen that Oakland has.

Garcia will have the two Williams' to throw to if they finally decide to ditch Harrington. IIRC he did pretty well under their current coach. :gomer:

So since July 1st, Barry Zito has pitched in 7 games. In those 7 starts hes thrown 51 innings. Thats an average of 7 2/3 per start. How does that tax a bullpen? By the way, he won everyone of those games. In fact he hasn't lost since June 17th.

Jeff Garcia is an average quarterback with good speed who played on a great team. He was garbage with the Browns, he won't be good with the Lions, if he even plays. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I just don't see him being an effective quarterback in the NFL.

By the way. In 2003, Tim Couch had a 77.6 qb rating with the Browns. In 2004, Garcia had a 76.7. In 2004, Kelly Holcomb had a QB rating of 96.8.

So if Garcia is pro-bowl material, Couch is too, and Holcomb must be freaking Peyton Manning.

Stu
08-07-05, 10:21 AM
Back to intelligent baseball discussion.

Oakland is now tied with the California Angels for the AL West. This is good for the Indians and Yankees, as the Angels could be the new WC contenders instead of Oakland.

dando
08-07-05, 11:16 AM

Oakland is now tied with the California Angels for the AL West. This is good for the Indians and Yankees, as the Angels could be the new WC contenders instead of Oakland.
Tribe better make hay against the likes of the Tiggers, D-Rays, and KC to have a chance. They've got alotta games against those three on the remaining schedule. However, no more games against LAA (get the L outta LAA) or NYY, but they do have 3 games against the Oakies. Should be an interesting chase down the stretch.

-Kevin

Stu
08-07-05, 01:58 PM
Tribe better make hay against the likes of the Tiggers, D-Rays, and KC to have a chance. They've got alotta games against those three on the remaining schedule. However, no more games against LAA (get the L outta LAA) or NYY, but they do have 3 games against the Oakies. Should be an interesting chase down the stretch.

-Kevin

Biggest thing for us - Oakland and Anaheim play each other 10 times still. If 1 of the two can dominate those 10 games, it will kill the chances for a WC winner from the West. If they go 5-5 in those games, both teams drop in the standings, which also helps.

Ankf00
08-07-05, 02:13 PM
UT > you
Clemens == God.

'STROS!!!! :gomer:

dando
08-07-05, 03:14 PM
UT > you
Clemens == God.

'STROS!!!! :gomer:
f00boy = :gomer:

Figgers you chime into this thread when the 'stros are fixin' to get swept by the Gints. Dork. :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-07-05, 03:24 PM
http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/04/01/08/clemens/ut83.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/baseball/mlb/specials/postseason/2004/10/16/cards.astros.ap/p1_clemens_all.jpg

you can call him, daddy. :gomer:

dando
08-07-05, 03:48 PM
you can call him, daddy. :gomer:

How much longer does he hafta pitch to catch Nolan Ryan's K record? No hitters? That's all I'm sayin', mmmmkay? :gomer:

Daddy:
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/nolan_ryan_autograph.jpg

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
08-07-05, 04:52 PM

Oakland is now tied with the California Angels for the AL West. This is good for the Indians and Yankees, as the Angels could be the new WC contenders instead of Oakland.California Angels? What's this, 1996? :gomer:

Ankf00
08-07-05, 08:33 PM
How much longer does he hafta pitch to catch Nolan Ryan's K record? No hitters? That's all I'm sayin', mmmmkay? :gomer:

Daddy:
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/nolan_ryan_autograph.jpg

-Kevin

wait, you're so pathetic you have to cite texas pitcher vs texas pitcher? show me nolan's rings and nolan's wins and then we'll talk, yankeedando.

dando
08-07-05, 11:07 PM
wait, you're so pathetic you have to cite texas pitcher vs texas pitcher? show me nolan's rings and nolan's wins and then we'll talk, yankeedando.
Angels, Ranger, 'stros...but he ain't from UT/AUS. Besides, if the rocket wasn't traded fer by the Yankees, he wouldn;t have any rings, eh? BTW, Cy Young awards woulda made for a better argument, egit. :gomer:

IMHO, The Daddy of all time is:

http://www.brownsteins.net/Ulpan/Images/SandyKoufax_lg.jpg

:cool: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
08-07-05, 11:45 PM
clemens > *

no argument shall ever trump this.

eat it yankeeboy.

lemme know when OSU finally builds a dome and quits bitching like a 2 cent whore about when the cWS season starts. I've got a tak to re-string and re-tune :gomer:

Stu
08-08-05, 12:34 AM
California Angels? What's this, 1996? :gomer:

Well I'm not about to be a tool and call them the LA Angels of Anaheim.

Racing Truth
08-08-05, 01:15 PM
California Angels? What's this, 1996? :gomer:

Dude, are you that hard up to win some sort of agument here that you to resort to the Anaheim Angels of La Jolla, Santa Monica, Rancho Cucamonga, Orange County, USA card? :gomer:

Enjoy watching your hero Garcia in Detroit h8r. :gomer:

Oh, and Stu is right. The Angels are beatable, I'm not sure the A's are.

Dr. Corkski
08-08-05, 06:38 PM
Up here no one cares about the Anaheim Angels of Orange County of Southern California of California of The United States of America of North America of Earth of the Solar System of the Galaxy. They don't represent California. The only good they have done for baseball is keep Bonds from getting a ring. :gomer:

Both teams are still beatable for the wildcard, although I am not sure if the teams chasing them are good enough. Oakland could easily go into a slump if they catch some bad breaks in the upcoming series with the Angels.

Sean O'Gorman
08-09-05, 11:16 PM
Wow, what a ninth inning for the Indians tonight!

dando
08-10-05, 01:26 PM
Amazing. Never seen anything like it. The Royals are an reason for contraction.

-Kevin

Racing Truth
08-10-05, 01:28 PM

I know! I couldn't believe it as I watched it. :thumbup: But that's why the Royals are, well, the Royals. :gomer:

dando: :laugh: So true.

dando
08-10-05, 01:28 PM
Rogers gets suspension reduced by an arbitrator. WTF? :shakehead :thumdown: I hope he gets his @zz sued big time by the photog. :flame:

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
08-10-05, 02:13 PM
Its time to start the "Dusty Watch." I originally said Monday August 15th that he and Rothchild would be gone. I'm changing it to this Thursday.

Gangrel
08-10-05, 02:57 PM
Out on parole?
Awaiting sentencing?
or, like, Gail & Evelle Snoats - "Out on our own recognisance"

The Center of the Universe is at Clark and Addison. :cool:

Wow...the universe must really be going to hell this year, then...

Come out south sometime when you want to watch some MAJOR leage baseball. :cool:

IlliniRacer
08-10-05, 03:31 PM
Come out south sometime when you want to watch some MAJOR leage baseball. :cool:

Its prohibited by my life insurance policy ;)

Actually, I'm very happy for Ozzie Guillen. He was always one of my favorite non-Cubs and I love his #$%#@^#@$^#$^%^#*&%##$ style of managing :D

I'm dreading a Cardinal - White Sox World Series. Who's a better therapist - Jack Daniel or Captain Morgan?

Gangrel
08-10-05, 03:37 PM
Its prohibited by my life insurance policy ;)

Actually, I'm very happy for Ozzie Guillen. He was always one of my favorite non-Cubs and I love his #$%#@^#@$^#$^%^#*&%##$ style of managing :D

I'm dreading a Cardinal - White Sox World Series. Who's a better therapist - Jack Daniel or Captain Morgan?

Ok, ok...if you can respect Ozzie, than you are ok in my book.

Perhaps a bit....ummm....challenged....being a Cub fan and all, but ok none-the-less. :D

Stu
08-20-05, 03:12 PM
Garcia will have the two Williams' to throw to if they finally decide to ditch Harrington. IIRC he did pretty well under their current coach. :gomer:

Man, You were right. Garcia is a pro-bowler. He lit it up against his former teammates today.

9 for 15 for 99 yards. 1 TD. 2 INT.

You are right. those 2 picks are certainly pro-bowl material. :shakehead

I think he had more completions to Browns players today than he did the 2nd half of last season! :rofl:

Jervis Tetch 1
08-21-05, 01:26 PM
Caught a good game while I was in Cincinnati this weekend (still am until 6 p.m. EST). Arizona wins 6-2 after getting stuffed 17-3 the night before.

That makes me 3-0 while watching the D-Backs in person (caught two games in Phoenix earlier this month).

They should buy me season seats.

:)

Ankf00
08-21-05, 02:07 PM
Man, You were right. Garcia is a pro-bowler. He lit it up against his former teammates today.

9 for 15 for 99 yards. 1 TD. 2 INT.

You are right. those 2 picks are certainly pro-bowl material. :shakehead

I think he had more completions to Browns players today than he did the 2nd half of last season! :rofl:

when the Browns win a real game, you can talk :gomer:

Ankf00
08-21-05, 02:08 PM
f00boy = :gomer:

Figgers you chime into this thread when the 'stros are fixin' to get swept by the Gints. Dork. :p

-Kevin

wildcard, bitches...

GO 'STROS!!!!!!!

Bags needs to go, he's not worth 1/4 the payroll, Roger is, but Bags ain't, no more 'roids == no more Bags

Stu
08-22-05, 09:00 AM
wildcard, bitches...

GO 'STROS!!!!!!!

Bags needs to go, he's not worth 1/4 the payroll, Roger is, but Bags ain't, no more 'roids == no more Bags

Screw the 'Stros I'm cheering for the long shot Brew Crew for the NL WC.

Dr. Corkski
08-22-05, 01:35 PM
Barry Zito: god's gift to the Kansas City Royals. :rofl:

dando
08-22-05, 06:30 PM
Barry Zito: god's gift to the Kansas City Royals. :rofl:
Shiat...the A's 0ffense is what gifter the Royals, etc. the past week. 3-7 in the past 10 included scoring 0, 1, 2 (Zito), 3, 3, 1 (Ziot), and 4 runs in those losses. Hard to win when ya avg 2 runs/game during that span....just ask The Rocket. Go ahead and be a h8r, but back it up with some facts, Cork. :shakehead

-Kevin

Stu
08-22-05, 06:58 PM
Shiat...the A's 0ffense is what gifter the Royals, etc. the past week. 3-7 in the past 10 included scoring 0, 1, 2 (Zito), 3, 3, 1 (Ziot), and 4 runs in those losses. Hard to win when ya avg 2 runs/game during that span....just ask The Rocket. Go ahead and be a h8r, but back it up with some facts, Cork. :shakehead

-Kevin

I guess that means that the entire Yankees team is the worst team in baseball history since they got swept by the Royals.

dando
08-22-05, 07:11 PM
I guess that means that the entire Yankees team is the worst team in baseball history since they got swept by the Royals.
Yanks and my Dodgers got swept by KC. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Stu
08-23-05, 12:55 AM
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball/MLB/CLE_720.gif

Loving life tonight. 11-4 over the D-Rays to tie Oakland and the Yankees. 8 back of Chicago.

Stu
08-23-05, 09:45 PM
Barry Zito lost another game for the A's. No, he didn't play, but he's so bad they couldn't pitch and couldn't get more than a run.

dando
08-23-05, 09:55 PM
Barry Zito lost another game for the A's. No, he didn't play, but he's so bad they couldn't pitch and couldn't get more than a run.
Hey, Cork bashing is my territory. :gomer:

-Kevin

Stu
08-23-05, 10:32 PM
Hey, Cork bashing is my territory. :gomer:

-Kevin

I'll tell you what. You bash him over Barry Zito and I will bash him over Jeff Garcia. Deal? ;)

dando
08-24-05, 12:50 PM
I'll tell you what. You bash him over Barry Zito and I will bash him over Jeff Garcia. Deal? ;)
As long as I get Katherine Legge, 2. ;)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
08-24-05, 02:36 PM
Barry Zito = useless under pressure. :gomer:

Stu
08-25-05, 07:59 AM

I guess we will get to find out tonight as he takes on Mike Maroth and the Detroit Tigers. Honestly Cork, I'm rooting for a Zito loss tonight. Although ideally, it would be one where he goes 8 and the bullpen gives up the losing run.

Dr. Corkski
08-25-05, 11:27 AM
13-3 loss to the D-Rays. Did the tribe claim Zito off waivers? :gomer:

Stu
08-25-05, 07:50 PM
13-3 loss to the D-Rays. Did the tribe claim Zito off waivers? :gomer:

Well Dando isn't here, so I will do it for him.

Barry Zito today:

6 innings pitched. 4 hits. no earned runs.

and before you rip on him for going 6, they had a 9-0 lead at the time, so some rest was fine.

dando
08-25-05, 08:28 PM
Well Dando isn't here, so I will do it for him.

Barry Zito today:

6 innings pitched. 4 hits. no earned runs.

and before you rip on him for going 6, they had a 9-0 lead at the time, so some rest was fine.
Sorry, I was gonna post earlier, but had a meeting or three to attend. Cork will reply that he only pitched 6 innings, gave up 4 hits and 3 walks. Plus, it was against the Tiggers, so the 0 runs and 11 runs scored was expected. :shakehead :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
08-25-05, 08:30 PM
Is this Zito h8 like FTG's vision? It just keeps morphing and morphing and morphing.... :gomer:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
08-26-05, 01:32 PM
They pulled him out after 6 because he had thrown nearly 100 pitches and he usually completely falls apart around that pitch count. Macha had to make their only good setup guy Duchscherer throw another inning. Even Kirk friggin Saarloos was more efficient the day before. :thumdown:

Racing Truth
08-26-05, 03:18 PM
They pulled him out after 6 because he had thrown nearly 100 pitches and he usually completely falls apart around that pitch count. Macha had to make their only good setup guy Duchscherer throw another inning. Even Kirk friggin Saarloos was more efficient the day before. :thumdown:

Man, what did Zito ever do to you?

Three-way tie for AL Wild Card! :cool:

Dr. Corkski
09-05-05, 12:54 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/OAS10409050047.jpg

Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Ankf00
09-05-05, 02:22 AM
when's the last time the cleveland indians won a title?

hell, whens' the last time anyone from cleveland won a title?

stu n OGorman ought to be permanbanned from any and all sports threads. lets do a service to humanity...

Stu
09-05-05, 09:17 AM
Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Oh man how did I miss it. Barry Zito vs. the Angles on 8/30.

9 ip, 1 er, 3 hits

Terrible! How dare he give up that 1 run. And if it would've gone 10 or 11 innings, Zito wouldn't have been able to pitch any further into that game cuz he's so bad after 100 pitches!!!!

Oh and the poor performance against the Yankees last night is the only the 4th time in which he has given up more than 3 runs since APRIL!

Stu
09-05-05, 09:34 AM

stu n OGorman ought to be permanbanned from any and all sports threads. lets do a service to humanity...

Define title, the Indians have a hell of a lot of Divison Title's since 95. Way more than the Texas Rangers and Houston Astros. Don't go rippin on the Browns, cuz the Texans are in the same boat.

Oh and yes I agree with you, that anyone that doesn't live in a city with recent sports teams winning championships, shouldn't be allowed to talk sports. And if you have never won an emmy, you can't talk movies, if you voted for Kerry, you can't talk politics, if you don't have a 30k dollar car, you can't talk about automobiles, if you've never hit a $1000 jackpot on a slot machine, you can't talk about Vegas, if you've never had a hole in one, you can't talk about golf, Etc.

Ankf00
09-05-05, 11:03 AM
Texas: 1970 :D

Dr. Corkski
09-05-05, 04:21 PM

stu n OGorman ought to be permanbanned from any and all sports threads. lets do a service to humanity...Does Major League II count? :gomer:

Barry Zito still sucks. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Ankf00
09-05-05, 06:38 PM
Barry Zito still sucks. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

kinda like BlOwU :gomer:

Stu
09-05-05, 07:11 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/icemanstuewe/MAJOR_LEAGUE_2-2.jpg

Stu
09-05-05, 07:12 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/icemanstuewe/TheseGuysPlayForKeeps.jpg