PDA

View Full Version : Play Ball!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

dando
09-06-05, 12:12 AM
Texas: 1970 :D
Gee f00boy, and here you missed the perfect opp to bring up UT bazeball yet again. :gomer:

Cork, you still can't back up yer opinion on Zito w/stats. Did he date yer sister once er sumthin' like dat? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-06-05, 12:23 AM
Gee f00boy, and here you missed the perfect opp to bring up UT bazeball yet again. :gomer:

Cork, you still can't back up yer opinion on Zito w/stats. Did he date yer sister once er sumthin' like dat? :gomer:

-Kevin

You mean 1949, 1950, 1975, 1983, 2002, 2005?

Texas Baseball >> Cleveland. :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
09-06-05, 12:27 AM
When the A's needed to bounce back from a 7-0 loss to keep up with AL West lead, Zito steps it up with a 3.1IP, 9H, 6ER, 3BB, and 2HR. He got outpitched by a Rockies reject.

Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

dando
09-06-05, 12:49 AM

Darrell Royal = OU player. :gomer:

-Kevin

Stu
09-06-05, 08:30 AM
When the A's needed to bounce back from a 7-0 loss to keep up with AL West lead, Zito steps it up with a 3.1IP, 9H, 6ER, 3BB, and 2HR. He got outpitched by a Rockies reject.

By a Rockies reject who has been out pitching everyone since going to the Yankees. Dude's had one bad game since coming to the Yankees.

Stu
09-06-05, 08:47 AM

WOW Ank, if we are allowed to go all the way back to the 40s.

Then lets match up Cleveland vs. Texas

Cleveland Rams: 1945

Cleveland Browns: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1954, 1955, 1964

vs.

Houston Oilers: 1960, 1961

Dallas Cowboys: 1971, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995

Dallas Texans: 1962

So Cleveland has more pro football championships than the entire state of Texas. 1 city vs. an entire state. WOOT! :rofl:

WINNERS!

http://www.ccauthority.com/images/cleveland.jpg

Stu
09-06-05, 08:53 AM
And another thing.

Cleveland baseball vs. the entire state of Texas baseball.

Cleveland Indians: 1920, 1948

vs.

Houston Astros: 0

Texas Rangers: 0

WOOT CLEVELAND WINS AGAIN!!!!!!

Let's see what team owner Rachele Phelps has to say about this:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/icemanstuewe/MAJORLEAGUE-2.jpg

So if you want to stick to this policy on not talking about sports if you don't win championships. Ank, have fun talking about basketball this NBA offseason, cuz thats the only pro sport you beat us in.

Dr. Corkski
09-06-05, 09:12 AM
By a Rockies reject who has been out pitching everyone since going to the Yankees. Dude's had one bad game since coming to the Yankees.Pitching against Zito helps. :gomer:

Because Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Stu
09-06-05, 09:41 AM
Pitching against Zito helps. :gomer:

Because Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Cork try using some intelligence when formulating and proclaiming your opinions.

Too bad we don't get to see what Garcia will not do this year as he broke his leg.

Ankf00
09-06-05, 09:41 AM
AFL Titles == the Joke. :gomer:

Cleveland == the Joke. :gomer:

it's truly sad when Texas Football has won titles more recently ;)

you may now resume throwing beer bottles from the stands of the Browns' stadium towards Texas.

Stu
09-06-05, 09:48 AM
AFL Titles == the Joke. :gomer:

Cleveland == the Joke. :gomer:

it's truly sad when Texas Football has won titles more recently ;)

you may now resume throwing beer bottles from the stands of the Browns' stadium towards Texas.

Dude you are trying to compare all the teams of an entire state to a single city. How is that fair? Quit hating on Cleveland.

Oh and even though I don't like them:

http://users.frii.com/~nmetro/images/tressel_01.jpg

Ankf00
09-06-05, 11:35 AM
Actually, I only brought up Austin squads ;)

But refresh my memory... how many titles has Cleveburg won since the Eisenhower administration? :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
09-06-05, 11:41 AM
Cork try using some intelligence when formulating and proclaiming your opinions.

Too bad we don't get to see what Garcia will not do this year as he broke his leg.Major League II = the Barry Zito of sequels. :gomer:

Stu
09-06-05, 12:16 PM
Actually, I only brought up Austin squads ;)

But refresh my memory... how many titles has Cleveburg won since the Eisenhower administration? :gomer:

umm. look up at my earlier post. 54, 55, and 64.

and just as many World Series as all of Texas.

Stu
09-06-05, 12:18 PM
Major League II = the Barry Zito of sequels. :gomer:

Cork I seriously have to ask why you hate Barry Zito so much. Are you that high on yourself that you won't admit that after a rocky start to the season, Zito has been a great pitcher for the A's. He is a huge reason why they are as good as they are. Get over yourself.

Edit: Oh and thank you for proving my point that you don't use intelligence when formulating opinions.

Dr. Corkski
09-06-05, 03:35 PM
OK OK Barry Zito is the greatest pitcher ever. In fact I shall refer to him as Cy Zito.

But he still sucks. :gomer:

Stu
09-08-05, 08:18 AM
OK OK Barry Zito is the greatest pitcher ever. In fact I shall refer to him as Cy Zito.

Alright Cork. I need you to be right here. Zito is up for the A's tomorrow in Texas. I need a loss big time. The Indians are ahead of the A's and Angles right now, just need to pass the Yanks. But more losses for the A's sure sounds good.

I still think he is a good pitcher, but damnit, it was better to defend him when his team was out of it.

Ed_Severson
09-08-05, 10:10 PM
Holy crap ... the Tribe now officially have the lead in the AL wild card race with 22 games to play.

http://images.fairmarket.com/images/site1091/members/3456920-IndiansCLE_logo.jpg

Wahoo!

Stu
09-09-05, 12:54 AM

Come on Cork. Let's get a prediction on your boy Zito tonight!

Ankf00
09-09-05, 11:06 AM
[Presidents of the United States of America]

Cleveland sucks.
Cleveland sucks.
Cleveland sucks.

OHIO -IO - IO - IO
[/Presidents of the United States of America]

Stu
09-09-05, 12:16 PM
[Presidents of the United States of America]

Cleveland sucks.
Cleveland sucks.
Cleveland sucks.

OHIO -IO - IO - IO
[/Presidents of the United States of America]

WOW. ANK. Great creativity there man. I get it. You took the song by the President's of the United States that say's "Cleveland Rocks", and you changed it to "Cleveland Sucks." Oh man. I am :rofl: here. I seriously can't contain it. You know, cuz you think Cleveland is a bad city, so you changed the words.

Kudos to you man. So Creative. I seriously can't get over this. I'm gonna be laughing about this one for days. Too bad there isn't a smiley for knee smacking. I'm gonna need to take the rest of the day off from work today that was so funny.

devilmaster
09-09-05, 03:56 PM
I'm gonna need to take the rest of the day off from work today that was so funny.

if you do take the afternoon off, don't drive out of cleveland too far, you'll think yer in West Virginia or something. :rolleyes:

Stu
09-09-05, 04:03 PM
if you do take the afternoon off, don't drive out of cleveland too far, you'll think yer in West Virginia or something. :rolleyes:

Can't leave Cleveland, going straight from work to the Indians game.

Dr. Corkski
09-09-05, 04:07 PM
Zitocitis is a contagious disease that can spread throughout a team's pitching staff causing other pitchers to suck as well. Symptoms can include:

bad pitching
overrated curveball
80mph fastball
high pitch count
complete uselessness after 100 pitches
ineffectiveness during high pressure situations
increased fanbase in ohio

If you or anyone you know maybe exposed to Zitocitis, please have their agent contact their team's GM and request for a trade ASAP. Chronic exposure to Zitocitis can cause a team to blow a 2-0 series lead in the playoffs and in some cases even miss the playoffs entirely.

Stu
09-09-05, 04:30 PM
be nice to see the Yankees get a case of your so called Zitocitis.

Stu
09-10-05, 09:21 AM
Cork. Way to let me down last night.

Zito 7 innings 4 runs but got the win.

Dr. Corkski
09-10-05, 02:57 PM
Zitocitis can be spread by using the same mound as Zito as demostrated by the Texas pitchers last night and the Oakland relievers.

Barry Zito sucks.

Stu
09-10-05, 05:07 PM
Zitocitis can be spread by using the same mound as Zito as demostrated by the Texas pitchers last night and the Oakland relievers.

Barry Zito sucks.

That's funny. Ank you should take notes. It's called creativity.

Sean O'Gorman
09-12-05, 01:17 AM
Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man I can't wait for Wednesday.

Stu, think if we hold up a "CORK LOVES ZITO" sign that it'll get on TV? :D

Stu
09-12-05, 12:18 PM

Let's blow this sign up and hang it on the outfield wall.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/icemanstuewe/corkzito.jpg

Racing Truth
09-12-05, 12:20 PM

:laugh: :laugh: Brilliant.

1 1/2 up in the Wild Card, just 5 1/2 back in the Central. FEAR THE WIGWAM! :cool:

Dr. Corkski
09-12-05, 05:42 PM
Mother****ers. :laugh:

At least it's not as bad as the one O'Gorman did of Ank.

Dr. Corkski
09-13-05, 12:13 AM
Danny Haren. :thumbup:

Anyone named Barry playing for a Bay Area MLB team. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Sean O'Gorman
09-13-05, 12:20 AM
Hey there was someone in the stands tonight with a Zito jersey, are you sure you weren't there? :laugh:

Stu
09-14-05, 12:57 PM
Danny Haren. :thumbup:

Anyone named Barry playing for a Bay Area MLB team. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

CY Zito is on the mound tonight vs. the Wigwammers. I would suppose that Cork is praying for Zito to give up 6 in the first, get pulled, have the bullpen shut the Indians down, and have the A's slowly take back the lead. Otherwise it is lose-lose for El Corko.

Dr. Corkski
09-14-05, 11:02 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/OHTD10509150225.jpg

The Indians should reitre his number. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Stu
09-14-05, 11:25 PM
Zito is pissed off in that pic not because he gave up a 3 run bomb, but because he has a moron for a manager.

Ankf00
09-14-05, 11:28 PM
appears as if CSU degrees give you top notch american industrial chief executive style excuse-making abilities as well as superior senses of humor :gomer:

barry zito of universities :gomer:

Stu
09-15-05, 10:06 AM
Oakland is screwed with their remaining schedule. Down to the Yanks and Indians. Although I still would love to see all of the Wild Card contenders overtake their division leaders.

Ankf00
09-15-05, 11:05 AM
astros finally won.

Wire Service
Houston, TX

The Houston bats however decided to go on strike last night after Clemens received all the credit and are uncertain when they shall return to work.

The players have said they're not worried about the bat strike and that they have all the confidence in the world in Rog, Andy, and Roy.

Drayton McClane couldn't be reached for comment.

:gomer:

Racing Truth
09-15-05, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. Corkski]http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/OHTD10509150225.jpg

The Indians should reitre his number. thumdown:QUOTE]

Well, the fans of the Wigwammers thank you being right on your boy Zito. :gomer: We'd also like to thank Ken Macha for pulling a Grady Little. :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
09-15-05, 04:50 PM
Well, the fans of the Wigwammers thank you being right on your boy Zito. :gomer: We'd also like to thank Ken Macha for pulling a Grady Little. :gomer:Meh. Even Grady Little got out of the first round. Guess who he beat? :gomer:

Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown:

Stu
09-16-05, 12:07 PM
Meh. Even Grady Little got out of the first round. Guess who he beat? :gomer:

Barry Zito sucks. :thumdown:

Well played baseball by the A's last night. Now tied with the Angels. Yanks 1.5 back of Red Sox. White Sox lose 2 out of 3 to KC. I'd laugh, but we got KC this weekend and I'd feel stupid if we lose 2 of 3 to them.

Jervis Tetch 1
09-16-05, 05:16 PM
Chisox are in beeg trouble! :eek:

Stu
09-17-05, 03:18 PM
Chisox are in beeg trouble! :eek:

Sox lose to Santana!

Racing Truth
09-19-05, 01:51 PM
Tribe sweep the hapless Royals. Now 3 1/2 behind the Sox, with a 3-game series on the South Side.

BTW: Who was it 2 months ago who said the Cuyahoga Wigwammers were out of it? :RT looks at dando: :gomer: :D

Ed_Severson
09-19-05, 11:39 PM
http://portfolio.iu.edu/marmbres/sux.gif

Good Guys 7, Bad Guys 5

The Tribe has spoken. :gomer:

Wahoo!

dando
09-20-05, 12:17 AM
Tribe sweep the hapless Royals. Now 3 1/2 behind the Sox, with a 3-game series on the South Side.

BTW: Who was it 2 months ago who said the Cuyahoga Wigwammers were out of it? :RT looks at dando: :gomer: :D
Hey, I can't get 'em all right. :) Since late July the Tribe has gone from ~2 over .500 to 26 over in < 2 mos. Who woulda thunk it? Not even the most staunch Tribe fan would made that call in a million years. It's like Major League Redux! Hats off to 'em. They are by far the best team in the AL @ this point.

But I suspect there are a few jillion Tribe fans who are holding their breath. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-20-05, 12:31 AM
yo Kev.

Go 'Stros

:p

Napoleon
09-20-05, 08:29 AM
Since late July the Tribe has gone from ~2 over .500 to 26 over in < 2 mos. Who woulda thunk it? Not even the most staunch Tribe fan would made that call in a million years.

Not me. In fact I have tickets to the very last game of the season which is home against the Sox. I bought them before the season on the off chance it would come down to between the Tribe and Sox. When we were down 15 games to them I figured the game be meaningless.

Now we are catching them so quick I figure the game may very well be meaningless (although I doubt we will no for sure untill that 3 game series with the Sox gets under way).

I will say I did think at the beginning of the season we had a real chance of getting into the playoff.

Racing Truth
09-20-05, 12:42 PM
Hey, I can't get 'em all right. :) Since late July the Tribe has gone from ~2 over .500 to 26 over in < 2 mos. Who woulda thunk it? Not even the most staunch Tribe fan would made that call in a million years. It's like Major League Redux! Hats off to 'em. They are by far the best team in the AL @ this point.

But I suspect there are a few jillion Tribe fans who are holding their breath. :)

-Kevin

Yeah, what Nappy said. H=ll, I was advocating trading Millwood and/or "Slim" Wickman before the trade deadline. That doesn't mean I still can't give you grief over it. ;)

And yes, we are holding our breath, but having a ton of fun along the way. :cool:

Napoleon
09-20-05, 04:13 PM
H=ll, I was advocating trading Millwood and/or "Slim" Wickman before the trade deadline.

I just want to slap people like you upside the head. Millwood has a sub 3 ERA (his win loss record is not his fault at all) and Wickman, who granted can put you on the edge of your seat sometimes the way he almost losses control of a game, has an ERA of around 2.5-2.6

Unless you were getting Kofax at his prime or someone like that why would anyone trade those guys. Good thing Shapiro doesn't listen to people like you. ;)

dando
09-20-05, 04:24 PM
yo Kev.

Go 'Stros

:p
Nice W last night, 'wad. :D :gomer:

Go Phillies!

-Kevin

dando
09-20-05, 04:30 PM
I just want to slap people like you upside the head. Millwood has a sub 3 ERA (his win loss record is not his fault at all) and Wickman, who granted can put you on the edge of your seat sometimes the way he almost losses control of a game, has an ERA of around 2.5-2.6

Unless you were getting Kofax at his prime or someone like that why would anyone trade those guys. Good thing Shapiro doesn't listen to people like you. ;)
Nap, as someone refreshed me the other day, dint the Tribe get Sizemore and Lee in the Colon deal w/Montreal? Another prospect or two like that could have set them up for the next decade. Like I said, who woulda thunk it? *shrug*

GO Tribe! :cool:

However, the A's still win the prize for best turnaround going from 15 under to 15+ over (I think they topped out @ 19 over).

-Kevin

dando
09-20-05, 04:35 PM
I will say I did think at the beginning of the season we had a real chance of getting into the playoff.
Based on the 2nd half performance and an improved pitching staff, why not? I think most fans thought they could make the playoffs going into the season. The amzing thing is that both the Tribe and the A's were @ the bottom of AL team batting in June with .2teenie team averages. They're now hitting ~.270 (the A's were doing better b4 Cork started h8in' FT again).

-Kevin

Napoleon
09-20-05, 04:36 PM
Nap, as someone refreshed me the other day, dint the Tribe get Sizemore and Lee in the Colon deal w/Montreal?

Yes. That deal was a great deal in retrospect (there was a lot of complaining from fans at the time), but it really appeared the Tribe was not going to go anywhere that year. I think the team this year is a differant story (and since the trading deadline they appear to be proving that right).

Sean O'Gorman
09-20-05, 05:33 PM
However, the A's still win the prize for best turnaround going from 15 under to 15+ over (I think they topped out @ 19 over).

-Kevin

I credit Barry Zito. :thumbup:

Stu
09-20-05, 05:39 PM

-Kevin

Tribe was 6 below .500 on May 8th.

Now they sit 26 above .500.

32 game swing.

A's were 15 below .500 on May 29th.

Now they sit 16 above .500.

31 game swing.

Dr. Corkski
09-20-05, 06:34 PM
Despite Barry Zito. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
09-20-05, 06:45 PM
Barry Zito since May 29th:

13-6
2.25 ERA

hmm...

dando
09-20-05, 09:28 PM
Tough loss tonight for the Tribe. :(

-Kevin

tllips
09-21-05, 09:04 AM
Tough loss tonight for the Tribe. :(

-Kevin

Or.... Big win for the Pale Hose! :D

Racing Truth
09-21-05, 12:03 PM

I know, Nappy, I know. Obviously, I was (am?) an idiot ;) , but my thought was that their wild card, nevermind Central, chances were not very good. Given the market we're in, I was concerned we'd lose Millwood and Slim and get NOTHING in return, all for what I thought was an unrealistic shot at the playoffs.

Glad I was wrong. :cool:

dando
09-21-05, 12:11 PM
Or.... Big win for the Pale Hose! :D

Thhhhppt. :p

-Kevin

Napoleon
09-21-05, 07:01 PM
Bought my division series playoff tickets today

:cool:

dando
09-21-05, 07:05 PM
Bought my division series playoff tickets today

:cool:
You gonna show up this time? :p :D

-Kevin

Napoleon
09-21-05, 07:12 PM
You gonna show up this time? :p :D

-Kevin

I hope so. Actually I got tickets for all 3 potential games. I figure I will not go to all 3 but I ought to be able to get rid of what I do not use.

I am just kicking myself that I did not check my personal e-mail until this evening loosing about 6 1/2 hours of time to get a good seat

Sean O'Gorman
09-21-05, 07:12 PM
I hope so. Actually I got tickets for all 3 potential games. I figure I will not go to all 3 but I ought to be able to get rid of what I do not use.

dibs

I'd rather buy from you than from Stu anyday. :D

Stu
09-21-05, 07:18 PM
dibs

I'd rather buy from you than from Stu anyday. :D

meh,you don't have the money anyway. plus you wouldnt have a woman to take with you for the 2nd seat.

I already got tickets for all 11 potential games. Although now it is looking like it will be 9 at most.

Since only division tickets went on sale today, I'll give you an idea of what further series would cost.

Lower reserved for the division series was 35 bucks a piece. ALCS is 65 a piece, World Series is 150 a piece. Obviously better seats will cost more, worse, less.

dando
09-21-05, 07:29 PM
meh,you don't have the money anyway. plus you wouldnt have a woman to take with you for the 2nd seat.

I already got tickets for all 11 potential games. Although now it is looking like it will be 9 at most.

Since only division tickets went on sale today, I'll give you an idea of what further series would cost.

Lower reserved for the division series was 35 bucks a piece. ALCS is 65 a piece, World Series is 150 a piece. Obviously better seats will cost more, worse, less.
Mmmm....TV is looking good! :D

-Kevin

Napoleon
09-21-05, 07:43 PM
WOW Ank, if we are allowed to go all the way back to the 40s.

Then lets match up Cleveland vs. Texas

Cleveland Rams: 1945

Cleveland Browns: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1954, 1955, 1964

vs.

Houston Oilers: 1960, 1961

Dallas Cowboys: 1971, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995

Dallas Texans: 1962

So Cleveland has more pro football championships than the entire state of Texas. 1 city vs. an entire state. WOOT! :rofl:

WINNERS!

http://www.ccauthority.com/images/cleveland.jpg

:thumbup:

Ed_Severson
09-21-05, 11:19 PM
Tribe takes 2 of 3 from the unmentionables in Chicago ... lead down to 2.5 games with the next 7 against Kansas City and Tampa Bay. :thumbup:

On the flip side, Yanks overtake Red Sox for the lead in the AL East, so now the Yankees are suddenly looking good for the playoffs. :thumdown:

Oh, and did I mention this?

Ankf00
09-21-05, 11:26 PM
:thumbup:

meh, 'boys, 5 super bowls, browns, 0 :p

Ed_Severson
09-23-05, 12:02 AM
Tribe 11, Royals 6
Twinkies 4, Unmentionables 1

Down to 1.5 games. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, and this:

Wahoo!

Racing Truth
09-23-05, 07:44 PM
Heh.

Listening to and reading the bombast of Jay Mariotti has been hilarious! :laugh:

From Tuesday: Choke-job Theater (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay20.html)

Part Deux from Thursday (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay22.html)

Behold teh meltdown! :D

Edit: Tip of the hat goes to local blogger Tim Russo of clevelandscores.com (http://www.clevelandscores.com)

Napoleon
09-24-05, 06:12 PM
On a local (Cleveland) sports talk radio show today they werre playing that song from the 70s "the night Chicago died" to bust on the Sox.

Stu
09-24-05, 07:12 PM
On a local (Cleveland) sports talk radio show today they werre playing that song from the 70s "the night Chicago died" to bust on the Sox.

Yea WTAM has been playing that for the last few nights. It's not likely though to see too many Chicago losses the rest of the year.

Bummer :thumdown:

Napoleon
09-26-05, 10:02 AM
Yea WTAM has been playing that for the last few nights. It's not likely though to see too many Chicago losses the rest of the year.

Bummer :thumdown:

Or for that matter Bos or NY. It is beginning to look like that last game against Chi will really matter. Boston and NY are playing each other the last 3 games (they are tied for first in the east and only ½ game behind in the wild card) so unless one of the 4 teams just falls on its face the next 3 games before the weekend series it is going to be a heck of a shoot out and I don’t think we will know until Sunday afternoon who is going. Just think, someone may sit out the AL playoffs with around 95 wins while in the NL a team will make it with a sub 500 record

Stu
09-27-05, 07:59 AM
Sorry Cork. Looks like the A's are done.

Sean O'Gorman
09-27-05, 08:53 AM
Sorry Cork. Looks like the A's are done.

<insert unfounded Barry Zito criticism here>

Dr. Corkski
09-27-05, 11:18 AM
<insert unfounded Barry Zito criticism here>The wanker didn't even record an out in the game last night. :thumdown:

Stu
09-27-05, 12:00 PM
The wanker didn't even record an out in the game last night. :thumdown:

That lazy bum. I bet he doesnt get any outs tonight either.

Stu
09-28-05, 12:43 AM
That lazy bum. I bet he doesnt get any outs tonight either.

Halos, first team to lock a spot in the playoffs.

dando
09-28-05, 10:08 PM
Cleveland, we have a problem. Tomorrow is a must win for the division crown.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
09-28-05, 11:04 PM
Right on cue, the moment the A's have nothing to play for, Eric Chokevez actually goes out and does something. :laugh: :cry:

dando
09-28-05, 11:21 PM
Right on cue, the moment the A's have nothing to play for, Eric Chokevez actually goes out and does something. :laugh: :cry:
A's? That's so yesterday. Keep up Corky. :gomer:

I'd still trade anyone on the Dawdgers starting staff for Zito. :( Sad state of affairs in LALA land.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
09-28-05, 11:25 PM
A's? That's so yesterday. Keep up Corky. :gomer:

I'd still trade anyone on the Dawdgers starting staff for Zito. :( Sad state of affairs in LALA land.

-KevinIf I was the mayor of LA, I would make them change the name of the team to Anaheim Dodgers of Los Angeles. :gomer:

dando
09-28-05, 11:33 PM
If I was the mayor of LA, I would make them change the name of the team to Anaheim Dodgers of Los Angeles. :gomer:
Nah. But if Brooklyn would take them back.... ;)

-Kevin

dando
09-29-05, 06:13 PM
ChiSox win today, eliminating the Tribe from the AL Central race. Great run by the Tribe falls a bit short, but the WC is still a possibility. It's gonna be a great weekend of baseball.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
09-29-05, 08:09 PM
http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/images/2005/09/29/cr2TweVm.jpg

For the last time this season, BARRY ZITO SUCKS!

Ankf00
09-29-05, 10:18 PM
so what you're trying to say is...

... he's from OU?

dando
09-30-05, 12:49 PM
Gotta root for the Tribe and BoSox to take 2 of 3...result will be two playoff games to decide the AL East and then the AL Wildcard. :cool:

Of course the burning question is will SD finish with a + .500 record. :gomer:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
09-30-05, 01:10 PM
so what you're trying to say is...

... he's from OU?

What the hell does that have to do with baseball?

You know there is more to the world than just Texas. You know, like New Jersey. :gomer:

Gangrel
09-30-05, 01:50 PM
ChiSox win today, eliminating the Tribe from the AL Central race. Great run by the Tribe falls a bit short, but the WC is still a possibility. It's gonna be a great weekend of baseball.

-Kevin

Ok...nightmare scenereo I heard about this morning...

If the Red Sox take 2 of 3 from the Yanks, and Cleveland takes 2 of 3 from the Chisox, we wind up with a 3 way tie for AL East Champ/WC.

If this happens, Monday, there is a one game playoff between the Yanks and Red Sox for the Division Championship, then Tuesday, there's a one game playoff between the loser of that one and Cleveland for the WC. :eek:

dando
09-30-05, 02:26 PM
Ok...nightmare scenereo I heard about this morning...

If the Red Sox take 2 of 3 from the Yanks, and Cleveland takes 2 of 3 from the Chisox, we wind up with a 3 way tie for AL East Champ/WC.

If this happens, Monday, there is a one game playoff between the Yanks and Red Sox for the Division Championship, then Tuesday, there's a one game playoff between the loser of that one and Cleveland for the WC. :eek:
Yup. That would be awesome. I'd love to see the Yankees lose those two and miss the playoffs. :D

-Kevin

Gangrel
09-30-05, 02:44 PM
Yup. That would be awesome. I'd love to see the Yankees lose those two and miss the playoffs. :D

-Kevin

Hmmm....has there ever been a season where two separate one game playoffs have been used to determine playoff seeds?

dando
09-30-05, 02:50 PM
Hmmm....has there ever been a season where two separate one game playoffs have been used to determine playoff seeds?
Nope.

-Kevin

Stu
09-30-05, 02:59 PM
What the hell does that have to do with baseball?

You know there is more to the world than just Texas. You know, like New Jersey. :gomer:

burnnnnnnn

Gangrel
09-30-05, 03:03 PM
So now that the division is wrapped up, can I get a headcount on all the Ozzieball haters out there? Just want to know where the easy money is when I start placing bets... :D

Napoleon
09-30-05, 05:18 PM
I'd love to see the Yankees lose those two . . . .

Huh!!!! Every real Indians fan is rooting for the Yankees right now. Every win is a BoSox loss and one step closer to a Tribe playoff appearance.