PDA

View Full Version : Play Ball!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Gangrel
10-26-05, 08:05 AM
If we had won with a closed roof, that's what Chicago would be crying about, much like StL did to the league office, but no we choked harder than Jenna Jameson all on our own, Sox fans will have to find new thngs to cry about for tomorrow, wouldn't be a complete win without some :cry:

:gomer:

Dude! I thought I made it pretty clear that if you guys were going to cry about the fact that the Sox capitalize on the calls that go their way, I was going to be sure to point out the ones that go the 'Stros way, and how they don't capitalize.

Besides, we have plenty of catching up to do in the crying department...between 'Stros fans and Angels fans.... :D

G.
10-26-05, 10:57 AM
I hope that the Sox finish it off in Chicago, not tonight. Yeah, I hope Houston wins tonight. :gomer:

I want to see the south side burn, baby, burn! ;)

Sean O'Gorman
10-26-05, 11:14 AM
http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/9427/choke2kl.jpg

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

(and yes I know who Guillen was directing this at, I don't care)

Gangrel
10-26-05, 11:18 AM
I hope that the Sox finish it off in Chicago, not tonight. Yeah, I hope Houston wins tonight. :gomer:

I want to see the south side burn, baby, burn! ;)

Check your numbers again....they would need to lose tonight AND tomorrow night for that to happen. The series is 2-3-2, not 2-2-1-1-1. :gomer:

Ankf00
10-26-05, 12:13 PM
The 'Stros were trying to manufacture an advantage. As far as I know, the Sox didn't have control over the weather on Sunday, but you'd never know it by the management's whining. Perhaps it was only cold and rainy on the Astros' part of the field. Maybe they can get snuggly electric blankies for the dugout if the series comes back to Chicago. While I agree that the home team should have control of whether the roof is open or not, it still comes off as :cry: when the weather's suitable for leaving it open.

The umpires have been poor. Tonight it went against the Sox. Oh well.

Besides, You still owe Chicago for Jordan's "retirement" allowing the Rockets to win a couple championships. :D

Um, yea, they were trying to manufacture it, so what? Some stadiums are loud, Autzen Stadium was designed to be loud even though it's barely bigger than HS stadium...

anywho, I care not for the Rockets, 'Stros are the only game in town I watch. And I don't call 50 degrees Farenheit "suitable" weather for being outdoors. 72 climate controlled degrees >> 50 degrees.

Ankf00
10-26-05, 12:21 PM

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

(and yes I know who Guillen was directing this at, I don't care)

Drew Carey stole your game. :gomer:

TKGAngel
10-26-05, 12:21 PM
meh, I care not for the Rockets, 'Stros are the only game in town I watch. And I don't call 50 degrees Farenheit "suitable" weather for being outdoors. 72 climate controlled degrees >> 50 degrees.

Wimp. :) 50 degress here and people are wearing shorts to games.

If the Sox win the Series this year, does it mean the Cubbies are due next?

Ankf00
10-26-05, 12:27 PM
Wimp. :) 50 degress here and people are wearing shorts to games.

If the Sox win the Series this year, does it mean the Cubbies are due next?

F that, there's a reason I left upstate NY, and it wasn't for that beautiful 40 degree fall weather :p It damn well better be higher than 60 for me to be going outside in shorts :gomer:

Stu
10-26-05, 12:35 PM
There sure is a lot of :cry: going on in this thread.

waah the roof is open. waah the umps bad call cost us the game. waah i'm SOG and I don't get girls. waah 50 degrees is too cold. waah ratings are down.

didnt tom hanks have some quote about crying in some baseball movie? Oh yea thats it, "Theres no crying in shipping!" hmm maybe thats not right.

Ankf00
10-26-05, 12:39 PM
hah, just wait till summer comes back around and you guys start :cry: about a dollop of humidity with some 90 degree temperatures :p

Sean O'Gorman
10-26-05, 12:42 PM
I like 90 and humid. :)

F that, there's a reason I left upstate NY

Westwood, NJ is in upstate NY?

G.
10-26-05, 12:45 PM
Doh! Thanks Gangrel. Call me on-the-bandwagon, fair-weather fan, Cub fan, etc.

OK, hope they win next game, south side will still burn. Tonight, right?

Gangrel
10-26-05, 01:30 PM
Doh! Thanks Gangrel. Call me on-the-bandwagon, fair-weather fan, Cub fan, etc.

OK, hope they win next game, south side will still burn. Tonight, right?

''I got no one to root for. I sure as heck ain't rooting for the White Sox or Cardinals. But maybe Atlanta since they've won all those divisions but only one championship. The Angels just won it against me, so forget them. Anyway, fishing season starts in November. That's my time.''

''That's OK, we'll see [which team] owns the town now.''

Looks like we're accepting applications for full time fans. Bandwagoners need not apply. Ozzie has done nothing but stand up for Dusty in the media. I don't think we will be having much use for bandwagoners. :saywhat:

Ankf00
10-26-05, 01:36 PM
Westwood, NJ is in upstate NY?

:rolleyes:

get back to striking out vs. Drew Carey :gomer:

eiregosod
10-26-05, 03:41 PM
Lost at Birth?

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/players/action/ph_430586.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/mfingar/Misc/OPPLOOTER.jpg

Stu
10-26-05, 05:12 PM

It's not a choke when since 1983, 14 AL teams have won the World Series, while the NL only has 7. The AL also hasnt lost an All Star game in what, 8 years now? The AL also went 136-116 in interleague play this year. Hmmm.

Moral of the story:

National League Baseball :thumdown:

Sean O'Gorman
10-26-05, 05:16 PM
It's not a choke when since 1983, 14 AL teams have won the World Series, while the NL only has 7. The AL also hasnt lost an All Star game in what, 8 years now? The AL also went 136-116 in interleague play this year. Hmmm.

Moral of the story:

Moral of the story, I was talking about the fifth inning last night.

Stu
10-26-05, 05:35 PM
Moral of the story, I was talking about the fifth inning last night.

Which was a choke by an NL player in the world series.

Gangrel
10-26-05, 05:58 PM
Which was a choke by an NL player in the world series.

Me thinks that was his point, Stu...It's Ozzie signaling the choke, not Ozzie choking.

Stu
10-26-05, 06:30 PM
Me thinks that was his point, Stu...It's Ozzie signaling the choke, not Ozzie choking.

I know what he was saying. I saw the Ozzie choke sign. He gave that to us in C-town. More reason to hate the White Sox.

I'm just saying its not a choke by the Astros, when precedent says the AL is better. On paper the White Sox are better than the Astros. It's not choking when the better team wins, that's supposed to happen. Now, Oswalt may have choked last night, and I know thats why SOG put the pic up, but still, the guy isnt Jesus Oswalt. He can make mistakes.

Gangrel
10-26-05, 08:04 PM
I know what he was saying. I saw the Ozzie choke sign. He gave that to us in C-town. More reason to hate the White Sox.

I'm just saying its not a choke by the Astros, when precedent says the AL is better. On paper the White Sox are better than the Astros. It's not choking when the better team wins, that's supposed to happen. Now, Oswalt may have choked last night, and I know thats why SOG put the pic up, but still, the guy isnt Jesus Oswalt. He can make mistakes.

Under those circumstances, I would say an Oswalt choke is one in the same with an Astros choke.

Sorry if you didn't appreciate the way Ozzie expressed himself back there. Truth be told, I didn't even hear about that until now. But if there is one thing we have learned here about Ozzie, it's that he calls it like he sees it, and he is usually spot-on. I've liked him since he was our shortstop, and personally, I think he is kind of refreshing.

Anyhow...game on!

Dirty Sanchez
10-26-05, 09:47 PM
It damn well better be higher than 60 for me to be going outside in shorts :gomer:yeah, I bet this is capri pants weather for you :laugh:

Ankf00
10-26-05, 10:25 PM
they're called man-pris thank you very much. :gomer:

Gangrel
10-26-05, 10:30 PM
they're called man-pris thank you very much. :gomer:

Don't make me have to go all beer ref on you now... :D

dando
10-26-05, 10:56 PM

Moral of the story:

And two of those 7 beat the Tribe. :laugh: :gomer:
(you walked right into that one, Stu)

7 out of 21 is due to one factor: The @lanta Braves. :D

-Kevin

chop456
10-26-05, 11:07 PM
Just got this from a friend:

The White Sox are on the verge of breaking Bobby Brown's record of beating Houston 4 times in 1 week. :D

dando
10-26-05, 11:10 PM
Just got this from a friend:

The White Sox are on the verge of breaking Bobby Brown's record of beating Houston 4 times in 1 week. :D
:rofl:

(one more post closer to Legend status) ;)

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
10-27-05, 12:01 AM
W.

Chicago, Chicago, ...

sing with me: :cool:

dando
10-27-05, 12:03 AM
Congrats, Sux. Hope it's another 88 years. :D :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-27-05, 12:04 AM
the 'stros lineup needs its own futility thread...

Dr. Corkski
10-27-05, 12:22 AM
the 'stros lineup needs its own futility thread...http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_110385.jpg = teh suck
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_348563.jpg = teh choke
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_276361.jpg = teh troll
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_430586.jpg = teh ugly

Al Czervik
10-27-05, 12:37 AM
W.

Chicago, Chicago, ...

Na na na na

na na na na

hey hey hey

Goodbye!

Gangrel
10-27-05, 12:38 AM
LMFAO

Congrats to the 'Stros for keeping us honest in all 4 games. Tonights was one more to be remembered. What more fitting way to end a series like this than a classic pitchers duel?

Gonna' take me some time to get used to saying this....2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox. :cool:

So glad to see AJ and Bobbie get a chance to celebrate between the mound and home like that!

Never fear, curse chasers....still plenty of that to go around on the North Side! :D

chop456
10-27-05, 01:16 AM
:woot: :thumbup:

Hats off to the Astros fans for not interfering with Uribe.

I will resist the overwhelming temptation to taunt IlliniRacer for his page 1 comments.

For now. :D

Eagle104
10-27-05, 01:38 AM
W.

Chicago, Chicago, ...

...that baseball Champion town!!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thaaaaaaank YOu White Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tllips
10-27-05, 09:38 AM
It's happy time on da sout side :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

White Sox! White Sox! GO GO White Sox!...

Gangrel
10-27-05, 10:08 AM
Na na na na!
Na na na na!
Hey! Hey! Hey!
Goodbye!
:thumbup: :thumbup:

G.
10-27-05, 10:47 AM
http://www.umma.lsa.umich.edu/collections/brooms/images/large/s24200%20broom.jpg

G.
10-27-05, 04:01 PM
So the victory parade is going to be at noon on a Friday (tomorrow, I presume), running up LaSalle street and ending in Grant Park. Boy, the city of Chicago really knows the Sox fan's demographics well. :shakehead

(the sterotypical demo. is Working Man, south side, rather far away from Grant Park) :rolleyes:

Stu
10-27-05, 04:13 PM
So the victory parade is going to be at noon on a Friday (tomorrow, I presume), running up LaSalle street and ending in Grant Park. Boy, the city of Chicago really knows the Sox fan's demographics well. :shakehead

(the sterotypical demo. is Working Man, south side, rather far away from Grant Park) :rolleyes:

Maybe the players are just worried about being shot at.

Opposite Lock
10-27-05, 04:47 PM
3:25 pm CDT UPDATE: The plane carrying the White Sox home to Chicago landed about 3 p.m. at Midway Airport, CLTV reported. Hundreds of fans were lined up on 63rd Street outside the Southwest Side airfield awaiting their returning heroes. Police closed 63rd between Central and Cicero Avenues.

Concerned that many White Sox players may not stick around the weekend for a proposed victory celebration next week, city officials this afternoon said they have moved up the celebration to midday Friday.

Mayor Richard Daley announced the latest plans at a news conference on an unrelated subject at Orr Community Academy High School. More details were to be disclosed at a news conference later this afternoon.

The celebration will begin sometime Friday morning at U.S. Cellular Field at 35th Street and Shields Avenue on the city's South Side, Daley said.

A motorcade carrying players, families and front-office staff of the White Sox will leave from the ballpark. It will wend its way through a number of neighborhoods, including Pilsen, Bridgeport and Chinatown, before ending up in front of the Board of Trade Building at LaSalle and Jackson Streets in the Loop.

There the motorcade will re-form as part of a parade that will head north on LaSalle to Wacker Drive and the Chicago River at the north end of downtown.

There, a victory rally will take place. The event is tentatively scheduled for 11:30 a.m. or noon.

City officials originally planned to hold the event Monday at the Petrillo Music Shell in Grant Park, but learned many Sox players were eager—now that they had wrapped up the World Series in a four-game sweep—to go home to their families.

So, it was uncertain how many Sox would still be around town Monday to take part in the festivities. Also, city crews needed to get Petrillo ready for the event and could not do so by Friday. So, it was moved to LaSalle and Wacker.

The intersection will be closed for the rally, and officials said they were preparing for crowds to extend south along LaSalle.

It was still being worked out early this afternoon exactly how many streets would be closed and what traffic measures would be put in place. Those and other details were to be announced at a City Hall news conference scheduled for this afternoon.

LaSalle & Wacker? Weird - there's not even a plaza there. (On the other hand, it's only 2 blocks from where I live. :cool: ) At least in 1986 for the Bears we had Daley Plaza.

Gangrel
10-27-05, 04:47 PM
I don't know...I think a ticker-tape parade through downtown Chicago is in order. Kind of wish they did it on the weekend, since I won't be able to attend, but I have no problem with that location. They will probably have a rally at Grant Park afterwords, at the Band Shell, as seems customary for sports championships here. Bears, Bulls, Sox...same procedure, and it works well. The working man has no trouble jumping on the el and getting down to LaSalle St. or Grant Park. Better for the parate to take place there than at 63rd and Ashland and end at Jackson Park.

In fact, I am all in favor of the parade starting somewhere up in Rogers Park, comming south on Clark, turning left on Addison, then left on Sheffield, then left again on Waveland, then once again, left on Clark, and then proceeding downtown, down Madison, and left to Grant Park. :rofl: :rofl:

:thumbup:

chop456
10-27-05, 10:36 PM
A block from my office and I can't go. :shakehead

racer2c
10-27-05, 10:39 PM
There was a World Series this week? Seriously, I found out on from CNN's front page a few minutes ago. Man, when the Yankees aren't in it...no one cares. :gomer:

G.
10-28-05, 10:28 PM
I love it. The Sox Theme song is "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey. Check the lyrics. Go'on, check 'em.

It's about teenage runaways turning tricks to survive (this is for YOU, Pressdog! BTW, where's the CC satire?).

I never knew the point of the song, back in the day.

"Streetlight,,, People"= hors.

Ankf00
10-29-05, 12:55 AM
so you mean it's alot like Joe Crede's white trash arse? :gomer:

Gangrel
10-29-05, 10:04 AM
so you mean it's alot like Joe Crede's white trash arse? :gomer:

you really needed to go there, Ank?

Stu
10-29-05, 11:06 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20051027/capt.hta19010270538.world_series__hta190.jpg?x=322&y=345&sig=TyW9RgMgdevI08l9Nyni0Q--

That White Sox fan went all the way to Houston to lay one on his sweetheart Ozzie Guillen after game 4.

dando
10-29-05, 07:42 PM
Dodgers fire Doogie Howser II, GM. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is all. :)

-Kevin

Gangrel
10-29-05, 11:36 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20051027/capt.hta19010270538.world_series__hta190.jpg?x=322&y=345&sig=TyW9RgMgdevI08l9Nyni0Q--

That White Sox fan went all the way to Houston to lay one on his sweetheart Ozzie Guillen after game 4.

Hey...Ozzie's Venezuelan....they're a little.....umm....different. :D