PDA

View Full Version : Gasp! Say it isn't so!

Pages : 1 [2]

racer2c
04-07-05, 03:19 PM
Even when the car's a pig, you need to out-shine your teammate. Especially when you're a WDC and he's pretty green without much buzz around him.

The question that remains IMO is whether the lack of pace is due to the lack of car time or not.

If he gets the car time and still can't consistently beat Massa on the weekends, then he's done. But to date that hasn't happenned, and as long as Peter Sauber says that's the main issue, I'll give Jacques a chance.

jono

Yes, there is no doubt, he needs to at least beat Massa. Mechanical and accident DNF's not counting of course.

Dr. Corkski
04-07-05, 03:36 PM
Zanardi never exactly adapted to a F1 car with slick tires either. :laugh:

Warlock!
04-07-05, 03:40 PM
Whoa... Good thread! Can't believe I missed it for this long.

:D

racer2c
04-07-05, 03:46 PM
Zanardi never exactly adapted to a F1 car with slick tires either. :laugh:

Hilarious! Yeah boy the Lotus was quite the winning car. :rolleyes:
You hate everyone don't you? Lemme guess, you're a Schumacher fan. :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
04-07-05, 03:57 PM
Highlights of Zanardi's 93 season: Punting Damon Hill in the season opener, and not dying from trying to rearrange the armco at Spa. Him being a great guy and champ car driver doesn't change that.

Herbert's 93 season in the same car: Multiple 4th places including a nice battle with one M. Schumacher for 3rd place in Brazil that year.

:gomer:

rabbit
04-07-05, 04:06 PM
Highlights of Zanardi's 93 season: Punting Damon Hill in the season opener, and not dying from trying to rearrange the armco at Spa. ....

:gomer:Thanks for showing everyone once and for all just how stupid you are. :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
04-07-05, 04:08 PM
Thanks for showing everyone once and for all just how stupid you are. :shakeheadAnd trying to defend Newtown with a guy who couldn't even catch up to Ralfie = Genius.

racer2c
04-07-05, 04:12 PM
Highlights of Zanardi's 93 season: Punting Damon Hill in the season opener, and not dying from trying to rearrange the armco at Spa. Him being a great guy and champ car driver doesn't change that.

Herbert's 93 season in the same car: Multiple 4th places including a nice battle with one M. Schumacher for 3rd place in Brazil that year.

:gomer:

Let me get this straight; Villenueve sucks. Zanardi sucks. Who ever wins is god. Got it. F1 according to Corky is simplistic, yet fun! :gomer:

rabbit
04-07-05, 04:12 PM
And trying to defend Newtown with a guy who couldn't even catch up to Ralfie = Genius.At least I'm not making fun of a guy for almost losing his life because of a suspension failure. :rolleyes:

rabbit
04-07-05, 04:13 PM
Let me get this straight; Villenueve sucks. Zanardi sucks. Who ever wins is god. Got it. F1 according to Corky is simplistic, yet fun! :gomer:
You forgot former WDC Johnny Herbet is also god. Oh wait, my bad...

racer2c
04-07-05, 04:14 PM
And trying to defend Newtown with a guy who couldn't even catch up to Ralfie = Genius.

You see, that's where you are wrong, no one is "defending" JV, I chimed in when Crapus and his lackies i.e. you, O'Gorman, and Chop, started taking away his accomplishments just because he's sucking wind now.

Warlock!
04-07-05, 04:23 PM
...(JV)'s sucking wind now.
I think this concludes this thread.

rabbit
04-07-05, 04:25 PM
I think this concludes this thread.
Not yet, I want to hear Corkie's explanation for why Zanardi's suspension failure was so funny.

Warlock!
04-07-05, 04:39 PM
Not yet, I want to hear Corkie's explanation for why Zanardi's suspension failure was so funny.
No one said it was funny, but those two instances were the only reasons Zanardi got himself in the 1993 Year in Review.

TrueBrit
04-07-05, 05:22 PM
Thanks for showing everyone once and for all just how stupid you are. :shakehead

Wow, no kidding!!! :eek: :shakehead

chop456
04-07-05, 05:40 PM
You see, that's where you are wrong, no one is "defending" JV, I chimed in when Crapus and his lackies i.e. you, O'Gorman, and Chop, started taking away his accomplishments just because he's sucking wind now.

Weak beyond belief.

No one is "taking away" his accomplishments (whatever that's supposed to mean). It's been pointed out that Jacques is done and you seem to disagree, either ignoring the truth and relying on his past accomplishments to make it seem like he doesn't suck, or complaining that Massa's no good even though Jacques hasn't beaten him ONCE IN ANY SESSION THIS YEAR. You're the one jumping up and down and holding your breath.

He refuses to admit that he's finished and is embarrassing himself, his team, his family, and to a lesser extent, you, :D by continuing. Should he quit mid-season? No. Unfortunately for him, I don't think he'll have to.

Crapus has lackies? :laugh:

Done.

racer2c
04-07-05, 05:49 PM
Weak beyond belief.

No one is "taking away" his accomplishments (whatever that's supposed to mean). It's been pointed out that Jacques is done and you seem to disagree, either ignoring the truth and relying on his past accomplishments to make it seem like he doesn't suck, or complaining that Massa's no good even though Jacques hasn't beaten him ONCE IN ANY SESSION THIS YEAR. You're the one jumping up and down and holding your breath.

He refuses to admit that he's finished and is embarrassing himself, his team, his family, and to a lesser extent, you, :D by continuing. Should he quit mid-season? No. Unfortunately for him, I don't think he'll have to.

Crapus has lackies? :laugh:

Done.

Here's a tip for ya lackey, go back and read. Show me where I defend his piss poor performance. All I read from the official JV Hater Club is that it's all his fault and that the car is fine because Massa has beaten him all three races. Failing to acknowledge that he's sucking too.
JV landed the ride. So after three bad races, his mother is now embarrassed by him? You are real treat! Is your mom embarrassed by you? :gomer:
Sauber knows the cars a pig and has all but said so. When you hit the brakes and the brakes go to the floor, Houston you have a problem. But through all of the hate, I'm sure the JV Hater Club fails to see that aspect.

You can stop jumping up and down now. Oh, that's right you're already 'done'.

chop456
04-07-05, 05:59 PM
Hmm, name calling, a Mom reference, and obviously you still fail to understand even the most basic principles of F1.

You've been owned even worse than your hero, hero. :laugh:

Maybe you'll be able to sleep tonight if I let you in on a little secret. I was one of Jacques biggest fans until about his 2nd year at BAR.

We're still friends, right? :thumbup:

http://nwlink.com/graphics/pacifier.gif

racer2c
04-07-05, 06:06 PM
Hmm, name calling, a Mom reference, and obviously you still fail to understand even the most basic principles of F1.

You've been owned even worse than your hero, hero. :laugh:

Maybe you'll be able to sleep tonight if I let you in on a little secret. I was one of Jacques biggest fans until about his 2nd year at BAR.

We're still friends, right?

So you can call JV names and claim that his mom is embarrassed but the same cannot be applied to you. Ok. :rolleyes:

Owned? Ganged up on by JV Hater Club with one-sided red mist of pure hate is more like it. Oh, but because you were a fan at one time it's ok. Sweet! I'll have to remember that little backup.

I thought you were "done"? :rofl:

Friend. :rolleyes:

rabbit
04-07-05, 06:11 PM
The words "fair-weather" come to mind.

And I'm still waitin' on Corkie.

Dr. Corkski
04-07-05, 06:36 PM
And I'm still waitin' on Corkie.God forbid if I went off to watch some hockey and eat lunch.

Warlock gets it.

Dr. Corkski
04-07-05, 06:51 PM
Show me where I defend his piss poor performance. All I read from the official JV Hater Club is that it's all his fault and that the car is fine because Massa has beaten him all three races. Failing to acknowledge that he's sucking too.
his car is a pig and Sauber practically acknowledges it. JV has been citing brake problems since Australia. It's hard to have confidence in a race car if the brakes don't work.Now show me where anyone said anything remotely positive about Sauber's pig, which is irrelevent either way, since the JV/Massa comparisons are done with both drivers driving the same car.

nrc
04-07-05, 07:10 PM
So you can call JV names and claim that his mom is embarrassed but the same cannot be applied to you. Ok. :rolleyes:

According to the rules, that's correct.

racer2c
04-07-05, 07:19 PM
Now show me where anyone said anything remotely positive about Sauber's pig, which is irrelevent either way, since the JV/Massa comparisons are done with both drivers driving the same car.

Whew, you're 'special'.

How does saying the car is a pig, relate to Jacques losing his talent, which is the mantra of the JCHC? Hmm?

I haven't read one thing about Massa's brakes, but JV has mentioned his piss poor brakes every race so far. Pointing out that they actually failed in testing this week. Nice car.

"Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in"

racer2c
04-07-05, 07:22 PM
According to the rules, that's correct.

Understood, but in my defense, calling someone a lackey isn't an insult, it's simply an occupational title.

Unlike Chop, Im actually done.

Dr. Corkski
04-07-05, 07:54 PM
:laugh:

"Villeneuve's lap times were very inconsistent. If the lap times are inconsistent it is very difficult to work on aerodynamics and thus the engineers requested Felipe Massa to replace Villeneuve," a Sauber spokesperson explained to F1Racing.net.http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=82373

Ankf00
04-07-05, 08:58 PM

no, you chimed in far before that ;)

the origins of this thread:

rabbit: Massa having brake difficulties?!?! It surely must be JV's fault!

Dr. Corkski: And he still goes half a sec faster than Jesus Villeneuve.

racer2c: Anything past 15 place and it doesn't matter, you suck. They suck. It's gotta be the drivers!

and now Im going back to sleep, so flame away :p

jonovision_man
04-08-05, 10:02 AM
:laugh:
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=82373

Massa didn't finish any higher on the timing sheets... only managed 83 laps and was second last only to Bernoldi in the BAR. Button in a BAR set the lap record for Barca, so Bernoldi's time isn't really representative.

According to the Atlas testing report Jacques was seen "bickering constantly with his engineers before getting into his motorhome and leaving the circuit last night."

What a mess that team is at the moment... and it's made worse by having a driver who garners so much media attention and interest.

jono

jonovision_man
04-08-05, 10:52 AM
Peter Sauber today:

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=motorSportsNews&storyID=8128040&section=news&src=rss/uk/motorSportsNews

"The partnership between Jacques Villeneuve and Sauber Petronas is currently at a difficult point"

Peter Sauber refused to say, however, if he was considering a more permanent change of driver.

"To keep from straining the relationship (with Villeneuve) any further, I prefer not to make any further comments at the moment," he said

Doesn't look good. The team is trying to make the car better and doing whatever they have to, while Jacques is trying to get car time so he can do better in the races and stop taking heat...

jono