PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Sean O'Gorman
09-21-05, 07:07 PM
And alot less prone to violent behavior...

:p

B3RACER1a
09-21-05, 08:14 PM
898mb now. :eek:

Rob
09-21-05, 08:16 PM
I read at accuweather that people analyzing the Gulf's waters have found that there's a pocket of cooler water about 300 miles from the coastline. Let's hope it's enough to weaken the storm to a slightly more reasonable strength.

Ankf00
09-21-05, 08:33 PM
Texas == FUBAR in 2 days.

Ankf00
09-21-05, 10:00 PM
and for the record this is Oklahoma's fault for sucking Rita away from Florida, the OU Sucks force is infinite in strength, infinite in range, and infinite in existence... F the OU Sucks Force. If Oklahoma didn't suck so immensely this wouldn't be a problem. However, as it stands, Oklahoma sucks more than the sun is hot and the universe is big, therefore TX == FUBAR'ed... F the OUSF

they're leaving tomorrow with my aunt and other family friends, all the morons stayed behind an extra day, they have till 6am before the mandatory evac sends 'em to designated shelters...

backyard's clean but windows aren't boarded, if I'd known he needed help to board up instead and actually wanted to evac instead of just being a geezerly obstinate bastard I'd have driven down last night to help out... oh well, drink on.

SEP 21 - 7:50PM CDT

From NHC:

DROPSONDE DATA FROM AN AIR FORCE RESERVE UNIT RECONNAISSANCE
AIRCRAFT AT 623 PM CDT...2323Z...INDICATED THE CENTRAL PRESSURE HAS
FALLEN TO BELOW 899 MB...OR 26.55 INCHES.

THE DROPSONDE INSTRUMENT MEASURED 32 KT/35 MPH WINDS AT THE SURFACE...WHICH
MEANS IT LIKELY DID NOT RECORD THE LOWEST PRESSURE IN THE EYE OF RITA.
THE CENTRAL PRESSURE IS PROBABLY AT LEAST AS LOW AS 898 MB...AND PERHAPS EVEN
LOWER.

FOR OFFICIAL PURPOSES... A PRESSURE OF 898 MB IS ASSUMED...
WHICH NOW MAKES RITA THE THIRD MOST INTENSE HURRICANE IN TERMS OF
PRESSURE IN THE ATLANTIC BASIN. SOME ADDITIONAL DEEPENING AND
INTENSIFICATION IS POSSIBLE FOR THE NEXT 12 HOURS OR SO.

RITA CURRENTLY RANKS BEHIND HURRICANE GILBERT IN 1988 WITH 888 MB
AND THE 1935 LABOR DAY HURRICANE WITH 892 MB.

__________________________________________________ ___________________
SEP 21, 2005 5:15PM CDT

RECON Report 904mb -- -10mb drop in 1 hour -- that is a record.

Eye 20NM across - (Katrina's lowest pressure was 902mb)
Thermal eyewall; 21°deg / location 24.4N/.86.5W -HEADING 280° 9KTS

my friends == teh win.
Chris2fer (9:01:40 PM): you didn't think texas was gonna let louisiana outdo us did you? :rofl:

FU ****ING BAR'ED!! http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-wv-loop.html

B3RACER1a
09-21-05, 11:35 PM
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 175 MPH...280 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS. RITA IS A POTENTIALLY CATASTROPHIC CATEGORY FIVE HURRICANE ON
THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON SCALE. SOME FLUCTUATIONS IN INTENSITY ARE LIKELY
DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES...110 KM...
FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP
TO 185 MILES...295 KM.

THE ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 897 MB...26.49 INCHES.
THIS MEANS RITA IS THE THIRD MOST INTENSE HURRICANE IN TERMS OF
PRESSURE IN THE ATLANTIC BASIN.

Thats the latest!

Ankf00
09-22-05, 12:19 AM
HOLY ****ING ****, KLANG GET THE **** OUTTA TOWN!!!!!!

I officially have no home if this is where it goes :( Goodbye Moon/Mars Initiative, Johnson Space Center is gonna be flooded the **** out.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT18/refresh/AL1805W_sm2+gif/023809W_sm.gif

http://www.weatherunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=135&tstamp=200509
:cry:

The latest runs of two key computer models, the GFS and GFDL, now indicate that the trough of low pressure that was expected to pick up Rita and pull her rapidly northward through Texas will not be strong enough to do so. Instead, these models forecast that Rita will make landfall near Galveston, penetrate inland between 50 and 200 miles, then slowly drift southwestward for nearly two days, as a high pressure ridge will build in to her north. Finally, a second trough is forecast to lift Rita out of Texas on Tuesday. If this scenario develops, not only will the coast receive catastrophic damage from the storm surge, but interior Texas, including the Dallas/Fort Worth area, might see a deluge of 15 - 30 inches of rain. A huge portion of Texas would be a disaster area. We'll have to wait for the next set of model runs due out by tomorrow morning to know better.

KLang
09-22-05, 07:13 AM
That last update looks like Galveston and the oil refineries will take a direct hit. :( It also means we will be on the left side of the storm which is 'supposed' to be better. I'm supposed to go into work this morning to complete shutting down all the systems but I'm not sure I want to fight my way back out of town again. I do need to make a beer run though. ;)

fourrunner
09-22-05, 08:26 AM
Good Luck Ank & KLang .... Keep Safe !! :thumbup:

Ankf00
09-22-05, 08:43 AM
hey! that ****ing photo changed on me!!! last night I posted it it was going through freeport!! this path is mucho better for Houston in general... still floods the hell out of clear lake though :(

thanks 4r, wonder where wheel-nut and t7 are...

I'm like, clairvoyant and **** ;) Knew to skip the hell outta town 6 mo. in advance :D

This thing needs to go through Vidor, TX and Rita ****s the Grand Dragon's **** up. The G-man don't like klansmen :D

If it hits Freeport as forecast last night, this is the predicted scenario: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3046592

rabbit
09-22-05, 08:45 AM
Good Luck Ank & KLang .... Keep Safe !! :thumbup:
Yep, thoughts and prayers for all of you in SE Tex.

Ankf00
09-22-05, 09:28 AM
Cajun forecasting from LSU:

http://www.esl.lsu.edu/quicklinks/hurricanes/2005/RITA/images/STORM-18-models.gif

Cam
09-22-05, 09:34 AM
That last update looks like Galveston and the oil refineries will take a direct hit. :( It also means we will be on the left side of the storm which is 'supposed' to be better. I'm supposed to go into work this morning to complete shutting down all the systems but I'm not sure I want to fight my way back out of town again. I do need to make a beer run though. ;)

Bee double E double R you en! ;) Gotta get you priorities right! :D

anait
09-22-05, 10:35 AM
http://www.weatherunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=135&tstamp=200509
:cry:

Ank, I read that last night and thought, "Heck, is there any part of Texas this thing won't cover?" Hopefully the latest forecast will carry it farther away from Houston...c'mon, cool waters, suck some power OUT of this witch...

Ed_Severson
09-22-05, 11:15 AM
That last update looks like Galveston and the oil refineries will take a direct hit. :(

Not much fun having somebody you know managing a ride-out crew at one of those joints.

I'm sure there will be some hysteria about gas prices and such, but let's not forget ... there are people in those refineries that have to stay behind.

God bless 'em all. :(

Ankf00
09-22-05, 11:37 AM
hope your pops is alright, he should be fine, the refineries have to be overdesigned for obvious reasons... and the storm keeps heading east, here's to hoping they're not flooded down in league city...

who wants to go down south and get a headstart on some looting with me? I could use a DLP and a SL500... I'm taking requests at this point in time as well. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/jones351/southloot.jpg

KLang
09-22-05, 12:13 PM
What a mess. I went into Katy to pick up a few supplies and all the major roads are gridlocked. Fortunatly I know a few less traveled backroads. Now people are getting tired of sitting on the freeways and driving around the neighborhoods looking for a way out. Disabled cars all over the place. Stopped briefly at a Wal-Mart and it looks like some people have taken up residence in the parking lot. Found beer and water though. :thumbup:

Ankf00
09-22-05, 12:18 PM
consider yourself lucky, last night in Austin people were hoarding water and beer and gas... The HEB in Buda's cleaned out, Buda's officially at defcon 2 :rofl:

my sister, another one of my cousins, my best friend, and some ex-coworkers are amongst the legions of morons you described as driving around katy neighborhoods trying to find 529 or 1043 or whatever... "Ankoor? Yea, can you look on mapquest for me?...." :shakehead

I'm still taking volunteers and requests for my looting expedition, fyi. Departure expected at 6pm :)

KLang
09-22-05, 12:26 PM
529 or 1043

Probably 359 and 1093. Tell them to forget 1093, it's a parking lot. If they can find their way to Fulshear-Katy road (gravel) from 1464, that is the back way into Fulshear and 359. The Grand Parkway (99) northbound is also a parking lot.

dando
09-22-05, 12:46 PM
Probably 359 and 1093. Tell them to forget 1093, it's a parking lot. If they can find their way to Fulshear-Katy road (gravel) from 1464, that is the back way into Fulshear and 359. The Grand Parkway (99) northbound is also a parking lot.
I think it was Cantori on TWC last night that said cars moved 24 miles in 9 hours. What a freakin' mess!

Rita looks far less impressive on satellite today. I'll she weakens below 140 by the end of the day. The latest models have it moving further N, which is right into the heart of the oil platforms.

http://maps.wunderground.com/data/images/at200518_model.gif

Oh, and Stephanie Abrams on the scene in Galveston. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-22-05, 12:54 PM

yea, they were thinking about going 99 south to 1093 then to 36, or to 529 to 36 in bellville to brenham

morons shouldn't have waited so long, I'll let them know about Fulshear-Katy, thanks :)

meh, they finally got onto 529, guess they'll take that to bellville to brenham... I still say they're a buncha morons :p

Napoleon
09-22-05, 01:03 PM
This is I-10 at going out of Houston 1:34 am central time this morning.

http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/306.jpg

Ankf00
09-22-05, 01:30 PM
current transtar map, the camera links aren't functioning right now...

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/data/layers/images/speed_legend.gif
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/data/layers/harris_all_layer_speed.gif

Ed_Severson
09-22-05, 01:40 PM
hope your pops is alright, he should be fine, the refineries have to be overdesigned for obvious reasons... and the storm keeps heading east, here's to hoping they're not flooded down in league city...

I'm sure he'll be fine ... it's just difficult to think about somebody willingly staying behind and knowing that you have no way to contact them once the storm hits. And this isn't a big deal, but they don't even get the luxury of riding out the storm in their own facility. Their office building burned down last fall, so all of the offices are currently in trailers throughout the plant. Fortunately Valero offered to put them up until the storm clears out.

Latest is that stepmom is at Hobby booked on a 1 PM flight, so hopefully she gets out today. And, according to dad, the storm is still heading east, so hopefully it keeps moving that direction. I feel terrible for saying that, like I'm wishing this on somebody else, but I guess it's just instinct to not want family directly in the storm path. :(

anait
09-22-05, 03:01 PM
Wow. On the live feeds from Galveston, the sky is SO dark already, mid-afternoon, Rita still a day and a half away...

anait
09-22-05, 03:10 PM
Latest is that stepmom is at Hobby booked on a 1 PM flight, so hopefully she gets out today. (

Have you heard from her, Ed? I saw on CNN that a whole bunch of employees at the airports didn't show up to work...long, long delays... :(

Napoleon
09-22-05, 03:20 PM
Not to make light of the situation, but I can't pass this one up. This from the NOAA site. Does this mean Texas is f*****?

http://www.andrewsullivan.com/images/145647P_sm.jpg

oddlycalm
09-22-05, 03:45 PM
Not to make light of the situation, but I can't pass this one up. This from the NOAA site. Humor in dire situations is often the only thing that gets people through it.

oc

Ankf00
09-22-05, 04:17 PM
at least we're not taking it in the back door. :p

Ed_Severson
09-22-05, 04:23 PM
Have you heard from her, Ed? I saw on CNN that a whole bunch of employees at the airports didn't show up to work...long, long delays... :(

I have not heard directly from her, but I know she was at the airport at 7 AM, and Delta's website says her flight is boarding right now, so that's a good sign.

Humor in dire situations is often the only thing that gets people through it.

You're not kidding. Here's an excerpt from an e-mail I got from my dad yesterday:

"We are currently shutting down the refinery in preparation for the storm. After that is complete, I am part of a small "ride-out" crew that will remain at the refinery until the storm has passed (I'm pretty sure this was not mentioned in any of my chemical engineering classes)."

He seems to be taking this better than I am. :(

Ankf00
09-22-05, 04:23 PM
on the bright side, it is a chemical plant, maybe some of those fumes are good stuff ;)

Rob
09-22-05, 04:31 PM
There's now speculation that the storm could stall in northeast Texas or eastern Oklahoma. If that happens, that area could get 20-25 inches of rain.

trish
09-22-05, 05:04 PM
Vehicles are running out of gas on the highways. Maybe they should allow them to drive on the opposite side of the road.

Rob
09-22-05, 05:10 PM
Vehicles are running out of gas on the highways. Maybe they should allow them to drive on the opposite side of the rode.
The Weather Channel confirmed this morning that sometime today they'd switch traffic on three of the highways to all-outbound, one highway at a time. I don't know what's taking them so long.

B3RACER1a
09-22-05, 05:11 PM
Winds have slowed a bit, but the last advisory had the pressure dropping agian, and by the looks of the sat. images, its reintensifying.

Lets hope that wrong.

Tifosi24
09-22-05, 05:11 PM
I just took a look at the latest advisory, and Rob looks to be spot on. There is basically no five day track and it looks like this thing is gonna stall over east Texas or western Lousiana. Just this time yesterday the five day track had its remnants near Chicago, which would be welcome news for us with how terrible the drought has been. The forecasted winds up to landfall look to be at 120knots from the advisory. That is still gonna be over 130mph if I am thinking right. Latest track has it a little further east, but it is still gonna be real close to Houston.

Ankf00
09-22-05, 05:14 PM
they initiated counter-flow traffic on I-45 at 9 this morning, dunno about 290 or I-10 last I heard it's still an absolute parking lot

Gnam
09-22-05, 06:24 PM
Is everyone headed north? Why not head west? Exit, stage left, mofo. I tell you what.

KLang
09-22-05, 06:56 PM
Is everyone headed north? Why not head west? Exit, stage left, mofo. I tell you what.

There are people heading west. I-10 west has been a parking lot for two days now. They started using counter-flow on I-10 a couple hours ago.

Found a bag of Pat O'briens Hurricane mix in the back of the liquer cabinet. Rita party with the neighbors tonight. Thawing out the good meat from the freezer. Trying to use up the perishables. Going out in style. :saywhat: ;)

Wheel-Nut
09-22-05, 07:28 PM
Looks like its sliding east of us . . . . I hope that's the case.

Traffic out of Houston has been outrageous . . . . People running out of fuel, cars breaking down, people overheating. First day of fall and it tops 100 degrees hear and with the High sitting over us compressing the atmosphere it feels even hotter.

I don't know what's worse . . . sitting here waiting and hope everything turns out o.k. or the actual storm . . . .guess we will find out.

KLang
09-22-05, 07:35 PM
I don't know what's worse . . . sitting here waiting and hope everything turns out o.k. or the actual storm . . . .guess we will find out.

At this point I'd pick the waiting. This sucks, all hunkered down and still another 24+ hours to wait. I might make a different choice after Saturday though.

Sean O'Gorman
09-22-05, 08:09 PM

:thumbup:

I hope she's one of the few "journalists" who isn't swept up by the storm.

Stu
09-22-05, 08:10 PM
:thumbup:

I hope she's one of the few "journalists" who isn't swept up by the storm.

What "journalists" would you like to see swept up?

dando
09-22-05, 11:00 PM
What "journalists" would you like to see swept up?
Geraldo. 'nuff said.

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
09-22-05, 11:11 PM
Geraldo. 'nuff said.

-Kevin Damn right. :thumbup: Of course that grandstanding ***** won't show up till a couple days after the storm when the hotels and delis are open. Then he'll prance around, talk about danger, sob a bit and do his whole ahole act. In Afganistan he showed up when hostilities were over and drove around in a flak jacket playing war correspondent. What a puke. When he did his fake "around the World sail" I was hoping he would end up at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. ********.

Sean O'Gorman
09-22-05, 11:16 PM
Geraldo. 'nuff said.

-Kevin

Well, that wasn't who I was referring to, but yeah, him too. Nothing like seeing a guy in what are probably $200 jeans with his hair done pleading for water for the evacuees. :rolleyes:

Stu
09-22-05, 11:27 PM
Less than 350 miles til touchdown. Too bad it can't hit in Cleveland, we dont see many touchdowns up here.

Winston Wolfe
09-22-05, 11:41 PM
Less than 350 miles til touchdown. Too bad it can't hit in Cleveland, we dont see many touchdowns up here.

yeah, but according to SOG, you guys score alot with the honeys !

Now what kind of girl would not want to "Boogie with Stu" ???

By the looks of the other team in Cleveland, you aint getting to second base alot either !

Stu
09-22-05, 11:51 PM
yeah, but according to SOG, you guys score alot with the honeys !

By the looks of the other team in Cleveland, you aint getting to second base alot either !

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7124&page=11&pp=25

Cam
09-22-05, 11:56 PM

That would be DISCO with Stu! :D

http://www.eng.usyd.edu.au/~sueua/Stu-Disco.jpg

Stu
09-23-05, 12:04 AM
That would be DISCO with Stu! :D

http://www.eng.usyd.edu.au/~sueua/Stu-Disco.jpg

i think he was referring to the Led Zeppelin song.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.lasso?id=355

Cam
09-23-05, 12:15 AM
i think he was referring to the Led Zeppelin song.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.lasso?id=355

Hmmmm..... Am I old enough to be a Zepp fan???? Yep! OUCH.... I'm not tho....

trish
09-23-05, 09:50 AM
At least twenty people were killed after an evacuee bus caught fire.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20050923/ap_on_re_us/rita_bus_explosion_hk1_7

:(

dando
09-23-05, 11:40 AM

Yummy.

http://blog.jayperkins.com/mt/jayblog/archives/sa091204z05.jpg

http://www.kapturedforyou.com/abrams/abrams.html

:)

-Kevin

Rob
09-23-05, 12:11 PM
New Orleans is flooding. There's a big waterfall gushing over a patched levee.

KLang
09-23-05, 12:25 PM
New Orleans is flooding. There's a big waterfall gushing over a patched levee.

8 foot storm surge according to CNN.

Wind and humidity picking up here. Almost show time.

rabbit
09-23-05, 01:12 PM
It's sounding a little better, but still not great.

RITA HAS WEAKENED SINCE YESTERDAY. THE EYE IS NOT AS DISTINCT AND
THE CONVECTION IS NOT AS INTENSE AS 24 HOURS AGO. THIS IS CONSISTENT
WITH THE CENTRAL PRESSURE WHICH HAS RISEN TO AROUND 927 MB AND
WINDS HAVE DECREASED. THE INITIAL INTENSITY HAS BEEN ADJUSTED DOWN
TO 115 KNOTS. UNLESS ANOTHER EYEWALL CYCLE OCCURS THAT COULD BRING
THE WINDS TEMPORARILY UP A LITTLE BIT...THE OVERALL TENDENCY IS FOR
RITA TO WEAKEN GRADUALLY. SO FAR THE PASSAGE OF RITA OVER THE WARM
EDDY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO HAS NOT RESULTED IN INTENSIFICATION.
HOWEVER...RESEARCH SUGGESTS THERE IS A LAG IN THE ATMOSPHERIC
RESPONSE. NEVERTHERLESS...RITA IS EXPECTED TO MAKE LANDFALL AS
CATEGORY 3 OR...A LITTLE LESS LIKELY...CATEGORY 4 INTENSITY.

dando
09-23-05, 01:34 PM
It's sounding a little better, but still not great.
It's the flooding that's gonna be bad. She's gonna crawl on shore and spend three days raining on LA, TX, and AR. :shakehead Port Arthur is expecting to be flooded. :(

-Kevin

dando
09-23-05, 04:57 PM
Down to cat 3 125mph. :)

-Kevin

dando
09-23-05, 05:44 PM
Here's a plausible explanation for the increased hurricane activity:

http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2005/09/23/news/local/news05.tx

Since Katrina, Stevens has been in newspapers across the country where he was quoted in an Associated Press story as saying the Yakuza Mafia used a Russian-made electromagnetic generator to cause Hurricane Katrina in a bid to avenge the atomic bomb attack on Hiroshima. He was a guest on Coast to Coast, a late night radio show that conducts call-in discussions on everything from bizarre weather patterns to alien abductions. On Wednesday, Stevens was interviewed by Fox News firebrand Bill O'Reilly.

:saywhat:

-Kevin

trish
09-23-05, 05:49 PM
It sounds crazy, but you never know....

chop456
09-23-05, 05:53 PM
:laugh:

Wabbit
09-23-05, 06:03 PM
Tesla's SCALAR technology at work.

G.
09-23-05, 06:39 PM
klang, I know that you will be occupied, but try to post updates, if you have 'net access. You can be our own Stephanie Abrams. And yes, I want you to dress up like her and post pics. :p

Seriously, stay safe, all.

dando
09-23-05, 08:21 PM
klang, I know that you will be occupied, but try to post updates, if you have 'net access. You can be our own Stephanie Abrams. And yes, I want you to dress up like her and post pics. :p

Seriously, stay safe, all.
Somehow I doubt KLang is as hot as Stephanie, tho.

KLang, I hope you remembered ice to keep the beers cold once the power goes out. ;)

Just a few hours until landfall. Hang ten, y'all.

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
09-24-05, 07:39 AM
Cypress, Texas

Well, its several hours after landfall and we still have power!! Actually where I live is on the outer bands of rain and gusty winds. I would guess we had gusts upwards of 60 mph . . . . not the 125 mph I was expecting earlier in the week!! :thumbup:

As far as rainfall, I would guess we have received > 2" total so far . . .

When the sun comes up I will do a recon and try to get some photos of damage, although I don't expect much in my neighborhood.

Lots of beer left!!

P.S. Looks like I will be making a few deals on some cheap plywood!!

dando
09-24-05, 11:13 AM
Lots of beer left!!
Don't say that aloud...that's been know to attract Anks. ;)

Good to hear all is well in Cypress.

-Kevin

KLang
09-24-05, 01:19 PM
Not too bad out here near Fulshear. :)

We had electricity all through the night. Went off this morning about 10:00 for about an hour. Suprisingly, we never lost our satellite TV signal through the whole thing. I don't think we ever got above tropical storm force winds as we were on the extreme western edge of the storm as it turned out. Just took a drive around the subdivision, small branches down but no major damage that I could see. No damage at all to my house. We really didn't even get much rain. We really go lucky the storm went farther east. Now getting gas and groceries is going to be another matter.

Stu
09-24-05, 07:14 PM
Cypress, Texas

Well, its several hours after landfall and we still have power!! Actually where I live is on the outer bands of rain and gusty winds. I would guess we had gusts upwards of 60 mph . . . . not the 125 mph I was expecting earlier in the week!! :thumbup:

As far as rainfall, I would guess we have received > 2" total so far . . .

When the sun comes up I will do a recon and try to get some photos of damage, although I don't expect much in my neighborhood.

Lots of beer left!!

P.S. Looks like I will be making a few deals on some cheap plywood!!

Lots of Beer left? Don't say that too loud. I hear this guy is moving west.

http://graphics2.snopes.com/katrina/graphics/heineken.jpg

devilmaster
09-24-05, 07:17 PM
Glad to hear you guys are ok.... :thumbup:

Ank, give us a report....

dando
09-25-05, 10:05 PM
Damn right. :thumbup: Of course that grandstanding ***** won't show up till a couple days after the storm when the hotels and delis are open. Then he'll prance around, talk about danger, sob a bit and do his whole ahole act. In Afganistan he showed up when hostilities were over and drove around in a flak jacket playing war correspondent. What a puke. When he did his fake "around the World sail" I was hoping he would end up at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. ********.
Sure enuff...that POS shows up on Fox News this evening. :shakehead I did not see him anywhere on Fox Fri PM while the storm was coming ashore. Women were reporting on location during the height of the storm, you worthless POS!!!! :flame:

-Kevin

dando
09-25-05, 10:07 PM
Ank, give us a report....

On what? # of beerz consumed? Rita dint end up anywhere nears AUStown. Now the fact that his homestead in DFW was overrun by evacs from HOU might be newsworthy. :gomer:

-Kevin

anait
09-25-05, 11:21 PM
His parents were evacuating out of Clear Lake, weren't they? I thought they were leaving Houston, but I think I was mistaken... Even though that area got hit less than expected, I hope things went without incident for them.

dando
09-26-05, 12:07 AM
His parents were evacuating out of Clear Lake, weren't they? I thought they were leaving Houston, but I think I was mistaken... Even though that area got hit less than expected, I hope things went without incident for them.
T'was kidding, as usual. ;) Last we heard is they were on the way out, but got caught up in the exodous out of HOU.

Sup w/T7? Haven't heard a peep since b4 Rita appeared.

Ed, any word on your dad?

-Kevin

anait
09-26-05, 12:33 AM
T'was kidding, as usual. ;) Last we heard is they were on the way out, but got caught up in the exodous out of HOU.

:) Hey, how do you suppose Ank would have reacted in a stalled mass evac??

It's just weird not seeing a post from Ank since, what, Thursday??

JLMannin
09-26-05, 10:03 AM
It's not global warming, just "things returning to normal".

See this CNN story (http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/09/23/hurricane.cycle/index.html)

It's an Atlantic Ocean cycle that has been going on since the end of the last ice age. Global warming is expected to increase rainfall amounts and wind speeds by about 5% each over the next 100 years.

Sean O'Gorman
09-26-05, 10:04 AM

It's just weird not seeing a post from Ank since, what, Thursday??

ACLFest

Ankf00
09-26-05, 10:29 PM
Hey, how do you suppose Ank would have reacted in a stalled mass evac??

I woulda had plenty of this for the drive
http://nohatnocattle.com/jibbajabba/St.-Arnold-1.jpg

my redneck buddy was siphoning gas from his cousin's lawnmowers on the drive out :rofl: bloody pig farmer...

http://aclfest.com/Images/Gallery/2/KATE_EARL_DSC_3168a.jpg

Kate said I wasn't her type :( *sniff* Oh well, I still have a house to go home to, so hooray.

Stu
09-26-05, 10:44 PM

See this CNN story (http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/09/23/hurricane.cycle/index.html)

It's an Atlantic Ocean cycle that has been going on since the end of the last ice age. Global warming is expected to increase rainfall amounts and wind speeds by about 5% each over the next 100 years.

SWEET! Global warming is bogus and there is nothing we can do about this returning to normal stuff. Now we can drive our cars more and not worry about anything that may harm the environment. Aerosol cans rule!

dando
09-26-05, 11:00 PM

Not according to Babs in an upcoming ABC interview. Apparently she knows more than William Gray and other so-called experts. :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
09-26-05, 11:01 PM
Bellied up to the bar? :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-27-05, 12:54 PM
silly aggy, the boards go on the outside...

maybe they didn't want the plywood getting wet? :confused:

RichK, you got your M.S. from these guys? :D

http://people.tamu.edu/~andymac67/loupots3.JPG

dando
09-27-05, 12:55 PM

That's to keep the peeps inside. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
09-27-05, 12:59 PM
That's to keep the peeps inside. :gomer:

-Kevin

Hurricane Ditka's inside?

Plate Glass Windows: $5000
Plywood Boards: $200
Hammers and Nails: $50

Making your plywood graffiti proof from Heineken Man: priceless

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/hersavvynessdos/lootieatloupots.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
09-27-05, 01:05 PM
Remember Ank, no matter how dumb the Aggies act, they are still part of your state, not mine. :D

Ankf00
09-27-05, 01:09 PM
Aggy Reality: Truly stranger than fiction. Samuel Clements realized this after visiting Collie Station

devilmaster
09-27-05, 01:11 PM
Remember Ank, no matter how dumb the Aggies act, they are still part of your state, not mine. :D

And besides, Ank - Ohio doesn't need the competition. SeanO is there.

Sean O'Gorman
09-27-05, 01:15 PM
And besides, Ank - Ohio doesn't need the competition. SeanO is there.

Come on dude, that was weak as far as insults against me go.

Where were you this weekend? I was looking for you in the esses on Sat.

Ankf00
09-27-05, 01:16 PM
Come on dude, that was weak as far as insults against me go.

Where were you this weekend? I was looking for you in the esses on Sat.

your retort was weak sauce, his response was timely :gomer:

Stu
09-30-05, 05:27 PM

Ank I thought you were an engineer. Clearly those middle beams couldnt support the force of the wood being hit by 100mph debris. Obviously the store employees felt that broken glass was better than breaking the plywood, the glass, and then having everything inside destroyed. But hey, jokes are funny even if they aren't intelligent.

RichK
09-30-05, 05:39 PM

Yes, I did! And this dumb Aggie knows that's not plywood. :p

RacinM3
09-30-05, 06:17 PM
Clearly those middle beams couldnt support the force of the wood being hit by 100mph debris.

Huh? If they felt the middle supports couldn't withstand it if the wood was on the outside, why would they be able to with the wood on the inside? :confused:

Stu
09-30-05, 06:24 PM
Huh? If they felt the middle supports couldn't withstand it if the wood was on the outside, why would they be able to with the wood on the inside? :confused:

http://www.snopes.com/katrina/photos/aggie.asp

Theres teh link for further info.

Winston Wolfe
10-01-05, 09:08 PM
Hurricane Ditka's inside?

Plate Glass Windows: $5000
Plywood Boards: $200
Hammers and Nails: $50

Making your plywood graffiti proof from Heineken Man: priceless

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/hersavvynessdos/lootieatloupots.jpg

You just gotta love the fact that the basket full of "free" beer wasnt enuff, and he had to pack that last one in his back pocket !!!! :rofl:

dando
10-01-05, 09:13 PM
You just gotta love the fact that the basket full of "free" beer wasnt enuff, and he had to pack that last one in his back pocket !!!! :rofl:
That's Ank for ya.... :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-01-05, 09:13 PM
Ank I thought you were an engineer. Clearly those middle beams couldnt support the force of the wood being hit by 100mph debris. Obviously the store employees felt that broken glass was better than breaking the plywood, the glass, and then having everything inside destroyed. But hey, jokes are funny even if they aren't intelligent.

interesting, everyone else seems to get a good laugh yet the joke's deemed not amusing. Maybe still living with mom and dad destroys one's sense of humour. Perhaps it's the cleveland effect. I'm sure psychologists will be studying this effect for decades to come... :rolleyes:

How does mounting them inside alleviate this problem at all? Then again, you are a marketing guy, so empty double-speak with little substance does register as substance to you. So there's no support so they mount them on the inside? to what?

You're right, I am an engineer, the frames can't handle the mass? MOUNT IT TOUCHING THE GROUND! *GASP* ;)

But this is all inconsequential, it's aggy... and reading anything on Texags is asking to remove 50 iq points instantaneously, it's like crackforum, only worse... in terms of truth, intelligence, and moderator control to name a few...

RichK: meh, particle board, plywood... you still needed overtime to beat Baylor :p

Ankf00
10-01-05, 09:15 PM
That's Ank for ya.... :gomer:

-Kevin

Messing with my beer's like messing with my emotions. :mad:

Stu
10-01-05, 10:07 PM
sorry that I like my humor to be factually based. i posted the reasoning behind it.

Ankf00
10-01-05, 10:31 PM
yes, because non-sensical excuses from Texags is factual :gomer:

Let see, which to hold in higher regard, a post which makes no sense from the aggy equivalent of trackforum... or an article from the Houston Chronicle... :confused: :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
10-03-05, 09:20 AM
I'd like to see the TV news media keep a straight face if this storm ever hit the US:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051002/wl_asia_afp/taiwanweathertyphoon;_ylt=AoECuTnO3exBH85pe_1cuqoB xg8F;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl