PDA

View Full Version : New Chassis Announcement Tomorrow?

Pages : 1 [2]

coolhand
10-12-05, 09:44 PM
Coolhand, your rendering presumes a vertically aligned mirror. If it were angled upward it could look backward. Having said that, I tend to agree that the mirrors are a bit optimistic in their size, if you're going to have them at all. The safety merits (and especially the sporting merits) of mirrors isn't necessarily an established fact.

if you angled them up all you would see is the sky. It is impossible to see backward with that perspective. that driver cannot probably see them over the bulkhead.

formulaben
10-12-05, 09:56 PM
if you angled them up all you would see is the sky. It is impossible to see backward with that perspective. that driver cannot probably see them over the bulkhead.

Red=sight line
Blue=mirror angle

http://home.comcast.net/~formulaben/20051011P_0004.jpg

skaven
10-12-05, 09:59 PM
Wow, you guys are really protracting out this debate. ;)

dando
10-12-05, 10:18 PM
Wow, you guys are really protracting out this debate. ;)
Oh, Jeebus that's bad...recovered from shoveling yer driveway, I see? :p

It's a rendering, not a technical drawing. That being siad Shorty is gonna have a real problem seeing them things as they are. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
10-12-05, 10:44 PM
What the hell does it matter? None of those guys use 'em anyway. :gomer:

coolhand
10-13-05, 12:07 AM
Red=sight line
Blue=mirror angle

http://home.comcast.net/~formulaben/20051011P_0004.jpg

The could be possible but the depth they could see behind them would be greatly reduced.

grap a hand mirror, sit in the chair and hold the miror pretty low and see how it affects the view.

But I dont see how the drivers could even see with the high shouldered bulkhead.

rabbit
10-13-05, 12:49 AM
I'm assuming the mirror thing will be rectified before the first race.

Just a hunch.

coolhand
10-13-05, 01:05 AM
I'm assuming the mirror thing will be rectified before the first race.

Just a hunch.

yeah, its details like these that prove that once the car is complete it will look totally different

nz_climber
10-13-05, 01:28 AM
i think everyone is missing the point with the mirror thing, they are just going to run a HUD and display the rear vision camera on that, then they don't need to look at the mirrors :p

JoeBob
10-13-05, 10:27 AM
I think it is safe to say that if width of the car isn't final, the mirror configuration isn't either.

Easy
10-13-05, 11:21 AM
I will reiterate. This is not a car design. It is a concept drawing. For further debate whether or not they should wrap the steering wheels in pink fur or when Michael Schumacher will come to CCWS, please see fantasies, champcar.

Besides, as FormulaBen pointed out, no mirrors=no blocking.

racer2c
10-13-05, 11:23 AM
I will reiterate. This is not a car design. It is a concept drawing. For further debate whether or not they should wrap the steering wheels in pink fur or when Michael Schumacher will come to CCWS, please see fantasies, champcar.

Besides, as FormulaBen pointed out, no mirrors=no blocking.

Shumey's comgin to ChampCar? Whoopie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope that all the cars aren't orange and gray. Yuck!

:gomer: