PDA

View Full Version : BCS rankings

Pages : 1 [2]

skaven
10-28-05, 05:38 PM
Lay off the 'ole ball coach you haters. :gomer:

How many national titles would UT have won with an innovative coach?

cartman
10-28-05, 05:41 PM

My intense hatred of the "ole ball coach" will never die, never, do you hear me? He's on my same list as TG.

You do have a point about Tennessee though. I can't believe that they win so many games. They have been running the same 6 plays since the great pumpkin took over. Why hasn't everybody figured out how to shut these 6 plays down yet. In case you were wondering, those 6 plays are:

1. Run off right tackle
2. Run off left tackle
3. Run up the middle
4. Screen pass right
5. Screen pass left
6. Occasional deep pass to the fastest wide-out on the team.

skaven
10-28-05, 05:42 PM
:rofl: Maybe you should see a therapist. All this anger towards your daddy can't be healthy. ;)

skaven
10-28-05, 05:47 PM
Actually, I was referring to UT south (Ank's program).

Speaking of UT north, my hatred for the "Great White One" is probably about as solid as your hatred of Steve Superior.

Regardless, should be a great game this weekend. :)

cartman
10-28-05, 05:48 PM
:rofl: Maybe you should see a therapist. All this anger towards your daddy can't be healthy. ;)

I have, unfortunately they were a UGA grad as well and couldn't help me. Around 7:30 to 8:00 tomorrow night you and your Gaytor ilk will be calling big bad Joey T the third your daddy.

cartman
10-28-05, 05:48 PM
Actually, I was referring to UT south (Ank's program).

Speaking of UT north, my hatred for the "Great White One" is probably about as solid as your hatred of Steve Superior.

Regardless, should be a great game this weekend. :)

Sorry, I have a hard time thinking outside the SEC sometimes.

After his NFL debacle and this years SC embarassment I don't think you should be using a moniker such as "Steve Superior" any longer.

Ankf00
10-28-05, 05:51 PM

Hey, like I told you at Gingerman, I liked Florida and Spurrier... but that doesn't mean I don't like laughing at him now and then, like now :laugh:

And well, #2 team in the land, the might Gamecocks of USC, is now visor-boys charge, and I shall laugh some more :laugh:

And fret not over titles, we may tie even with yours after this season, provided we can survive that vaunted South Carolina defense, of course... :gomer:

There is only 1 UT, no school with dayglo prisonb#tch orange with the Great Pumpkin for king deserves such a title.

cartman
10-28-05, 05:56 PM
There is only 1 UT, no school with dayglo prisonb#tch orange with the Great Pumpkin for king deserves such a title.

I like your thinking here, they should change their name to the University of the Pumpkin and the stadium should be called "The Pumpkin Patch"

Ankf00
10-28-05, 05:57 PM
I mean, why else would Neyland be so huge? It needs to be to fit his ginormous arse!!

skaven
10-28-05, 06:07 PM
After his NFL debacle and this years SC embarassment I don't think you should be using a moniker such as "Steve Superior" any longer.

Agreed... I should have put in a ;) .

A good debate (before ole ball coach got his comeuppance in DC) would've been which is bigger, the obc's head or Fulmers arse.

I'll sign off with a big Gay Goters ! ! ! :thumbup:

skaven
10-28-05, 06:11 PM

hookem' :thumbup:

Ankf00
10-28-05, 06:20 PM
speaking of....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2205281

"The Great Pumpkin: Phil Fulmer"

:rofl:

Ankf00
10-28-05, 07:59 PM
anyone here play ncaa '06 on Live?

Ankf00
10-29-05, 03:32 AM
dando: if you want UT victory 09/10/05 lemme know, I've got it d/l'ed... watching the replay for the first time yet... LB's playing D-Line ain't the wisest idea for one... but hey, I'm not one to second guess jim heacock or whatever his name is :gomer:

if you knwo of any UT/OU '05 copies lemme know b/c i can't find ****!!...

dando
10-29-05, 11:57 AM
dando: if you want UT victory 09/10/05 lemme know, I've got it d/l'ed... watching the replay for the first time yet... LB's playing D-Line ain't the wisest idea for one... but hey, I'm not one to second guess jim heacock or whatever his name is :gomer:

if you knwo of any UT/OU '05 copies lemme know b/c i can't find ****!!...
Unfortunately I have the ****ing game on my ReplayTV drive as I type (no idea why I still have it saved...masochist, I guess). ;) I watched it all the way through about a week afterwards, noting all of the stupid ****ing mistakes the Bucks made. :( Carpenter on DL has been a good thing, f00. 12 sacks against MSU? He had 4 of 'em. And he's not playing DL, he lines up as a DL. The problem was not the D. It was coaching and stupid penalties that throttled the Bucks. And yes, the UT D was good, too. However, you've gotta admit that if one FG = TD in the 1st half, the rout is on.

You might get lucky and stumble across a BT site w/UT games, but many of those have dried up due to the networks cracking down on sharing of vids. After the '03 Fiesta Bowl, there were DVDs on eBay, so you might some game action there.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-29-05, 12:54 PM
ya, mine's been sititng on my HD all these months, haven't watched it save a couple of specific plays...

Zwick > Smith... Othern than the 36 yd hookup to San Antonio, Smith had jack going for him, and that hookup was ALL santonios badassery, smith just had to demonstrate basic competency to score that TD...

and yea, been searching the BT's... aggy OU '04 (why in god's name would you...?!?) but no UT...

Ankf00
10-29-05, 04:48 PM
JEEBUS, WHO THE HELL ALLOWED THESE UNIFORMS TO BE WORN?! http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pukey.gif

Goters == teh putrid.

skaven
10-29-05, 06:52 PM
Ugly or not, I'll take the win. Go Auburn (in two weeks). Was pretty ugly though... :D

If USC East can beat UT North, it will have been a mighty fine day indeed. :thumbup:

dando
10-29-05, 07:44 PM
JEEBUS, WHO THE HELL ALLOWED THESE UNIFORMS TO BE WORN?! http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pukey.gif

Goters == teh putrid.
No doubt. The designer of them was either coloro blind or just plain blind. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-29-05, 07:55 PM
f00, we gonna have a repeat of UT/Okie St. from last season? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-29-05, 08:02 PM
f00, we gonna have a repeat of UT/Okie St. from last season? :gomer:

-Kevin

shutout wouldn't be too interesting ya know...

coolhand
10-29-05, 08:03 PM
good game today.

shut down one of the nation's top offenses

dando
10-29-05, 08:22 PM
shutout wouldn't be too interesting ya know...
Hope y'all don't pull and OSU/MSU circa '98. :cry:

EDIT: Nice start to the 2nd half for 'horns.

-Kevin

dando
10-29-05, 09:15 PM
Stanford > UCLA :laugh:

Refer back to my previous post that they would lose big before they play SC. :D

EDIT: Doh! Nice comeback with 8 play down 21.

-Kevin

coolhand
10-29-05, 09:27 PM
forget about UCLa, check out the texas game

Sean O'Gorman
10-29-05, 09:53 PM
I'm actually pulling for Texas to win, because I want them to get their first loss against A&M. :laugh:

coolhand
10-29-05, 09:54 PM
I'm actually pulling for Texas to win, because I want them to get their first loss against A&M. :laugh:

that would be funny, or Baylor :laugh: :laugh:

the cowboys are throwing it

jcollins28
10-29-05, 10:01 PM
Stanford > UCLA :laugh:

Refer back to my previous post that they would lose big before they play SC. :D

-Kevin

http://history.westkingdom.org/Year36/Photos/MFC16.jpg

Here is your crow!!!!

Those nancy boys from SC are going down!!!

"Sons of Westwood"

We are Sons of Westwood
And we hail to Blue and Gold
True to thee our hearts will be
Our love will not grow old,
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
Bruins roam the hills of Westwood
By the blue Pacific shores
And if we chance to see
A man from USC
Every Bruin starts to roar.
U...C...L...A...
UCLA, fight, fight, fight!

"Mighty Bruins"

We are the mighty Bruins
The best team in the west!
We're fighting on to victory
To conquer all the rest.
We are the mighty Bruins,
Triumphant ever more,
And you can hear
From far and near
The mighty Bruins roar!

dando
10-29-05, 10:13 PM
forget about UCLa, check out the texas game
Hence my earlier posts to Ank. I swear this is a rerun of last year's game.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
10-29-05, 10:16 PM
Stanford takes the title of biggest Pac-10 chokers away from UCWestwood. I would pull a coolhand and suggest they threw it but I don't think a team that got dominated by a D1-AA team would actually be good enough to do so. :laugh:

jcollins28
10-29-05, 10:22 PM
Stanford takes the title of biggest Pac-10 chokers away from UCWestwood. I would pull a coolhand and suggest they threw it but I don't think a team that got dominated by a D1-AA team would actually be good enough to do so. :laugh:

UCLA chokers? Say what? Do you know which university has the most NCAA team sports titles? Could it be SC? Nope, they have 83. Stanford? They have 88. Oh yeah, UCLA is number 1 in NCAA team championships with 95.

Dr. Corkski
10-29-05, 10:23 PM
UCLA chokers? Say what? Do you know which university has the most NCAA team sports titles? Could it be SC? Nope, they have 83. Stanford? They have 88. Oh yeah, UCLA is number 1 in NCAA team championships with 95.All those titles did them a lot of good against college sports powerhouse Wyoming in the Las Vegas Bowl last year. :laugh:

jcollins28
10-29-05, 10:32 PM
All those titles did them a lot of good against college sports powerhouse Wyoming in the Las Vegas Bowl last year. :laugh:

Oh brother yeah lets take one game base the whole program on it. :rolleyes:
That team was a bad team period. Every program has bad years. So I suppose being undefeated and ranked in the top 10 does not amount for anything? :shakehead Let me guess your a Cal fan?

coolhand
10-29-05, 10:33 PM
UCLA chokers? Say what? Do you know which university has the most NCAA team sports titles? Could it be SC? Nope, they have 83. Stanford? They have 88. Oh yeah, UCLA is number 1 in NCAA team championships with 95.

sorry dude, but UCLA sucks

coolhand
10-29-05, 10:36 PM

i admit you are better at woman's basket weaving and turd hurling.

but how many national football title do you have?

jcollins28
10-29-05, 10:36 PM
sorry dude, but UCLA sucks

LOL yeah they sure do. Undefeated and ranked in the top 10. Where is your school ranked?

jcollins28
10-29-05, 10:38 PM
i admit you are better at woman's basket weaving and turd hurling.

but how many national football title do you have?

Hmm let me guess SC fan-boy right? Well UCLA has more Football titles then SC has Basketball titles. Best thing about SC fan-boys is you never hear from them once Football season is over. This year though football season well end for SC on Dec 3rd.

Dr. Corkski
10-29-05, 10:52 PM
i admit you are better at woman's basket weaving and turd hurling.Speaking of which, what's Cade McNown doing now? :laugh:

coolhand
10-29-05, 11:00 PM
LOL yeah they sure do. Undefeated and ranked in the top 10. Where is your school ranked?

read this thread dude

jcollins28
10-29-05, 11:01 PM
Speaking of which, what's Cade McNown doing now? :laugh:

Not sure but I know he is not in jail like Todd Marinovich. :D

coolhand
10-29-05, 11:01 PM
Hmm let me guess SC fan-boy right? Well UCLA has more Football titles then SC has Basketball titles. Best thing about SC fan-boys is you never hear from them once Football season is over. This year though football season well end for SC on Dec 3rd.

your right, i am not a fan, i dont travel with our womans vollyball team, and support the fencing program :gomer:

coolhand
10-29-05, 11:02 PM
oh yeah, good job by the bruins tonight, they are now in the esteemed company of UC Davis

jcollins28
10-29-05, 11:06 PM
oh yeah, good job by the bruins tonight, they are now in the esteemed company of UC Davis

?

Dr. Corkski
10-29-05, 11:06 PM
:laugh:

coolhand
10-29-05, 11:13 PM
what type of fan are you? you must know what i am talking about :D

jcollins28
10-29-05, 11:15 PM
what type of fan are you? you must know what i am talking about :D

Nope LOL need another clue on this one? I blame it on me having to many Magners.

coolhand
10-29-05, 11:16 PM
look at stanford's record (i.e. who they lost to)

skaven
10-29-05, 11:23 PM
And in other regional news ;)

Great Pumpkin and Georgia = LOSERS

Ole Ball Coach and Goters = WINNERS

:thumbup: :D

jcollins28
10-29-05, 11:24 PM
look at stanford's record (i.e. who they lost to)

Oh hey dont forget about Oregan now...lol

coolhand
10-29-05, 11:27 PM
Oh hey dont forget about Oregan now...lol

what about Oregan [sic]? the 6-1 team (in division 1-A :laugh: )

Ankf00
10-30-05, 05:08 AM
your right, i am not a fan, i dont travel with our womans vollyball team, and support the fencing program :gomer:

you had never heard of John Robinson, nuff said.

Ankf00
10-30-05, 05:12 AM

his team's ranked #2, it's all a big eastern conspiracy you know, SC is the greatest team ever and could beat half the NFL, Matt Leinert will win 10 super bowls before he's done and SC's defense is the BEST, even if they suck it's ok because they lost guys to injury, so when you really handicap it, they actually come out on top. asu and arkansas are bigger wins than ohio state and boston college, everyone out east sucks. And Tech and Oklahoma State threw the games vs Texas, again, the pentagon is behind this. And despite the fact Tech absolutely ****stomped the Pac-10's #2 trophy child team last year in the Holiday Bowl, Tech's a joke and Texas' win over them was pathetic and manufactured. ACC and Big-10 are just poser conferences, they can't compare to the pac-10 and all its football powerhouses.

they invented football out in Inglewood/Watts ya know...

Ankf00
10-30-05, 05:36 AM
And in other regional news ;)

Great Pumpkin and Georgia = LOSERS

Ole Ball Coach and Goters = WINNERS

:thumbup: :D

werd...

we caught the injury bug today, 5 starters and Charles, mostly on O, went down... and vince and a DB were looking pretty gimpy, not good.

coolhand
10-30-05, 07:19 AM
his team's ranked #2, it's all a big eastern conspiracy you know, SC is the greatest team ever and could beat half the NFL, Matt Leinert will win 10 super bowls before he's done and SC's defense is the BEST, even if they suck it's ok because they lost guys to injury, so when you really handicap it, they actually come out on top. asu and arkansas are bigger wins than ohio state and boston college, everyone out east sucks. And Tech and Oklahoma State threw the games vs Texas, again, the pentagon is behind this. And despite the fact Tech absolutely ****stomped the Pac-10's #2 trophy child team last year in the Holiday Bowl, Tech's a joke and Texas' win over them was pathetic and manufactured. ACC and Big-10 are just poser conferences, they can't compare to the pac-10 and all its football powerhouses.

I thought last year did not matter? hmmmmmmmm cannot ahve it both ways ank

skaven
10-30-05, 11:39 AM
In the less rarified air amongst those teams who won't play in the BCS title game, I'd like to point out spme absplute pwnage -

"Even on a night when Tennessee great Peyton Manning was in attendance to have his No. 16 retired, the Vols (3-4, 2-4) continued their offensive struggles..."

Peyton was 0-4 vs. ole ball coach and again has his big day ruined by Spurrier. That's gotta suck. :laugh:

Also, no visor was worn today, so the "ole drinking game" wouldn't have worked. :gomer:

jcollins28
10-30-05, 12:41 PM

Well mark my words dem SC son a beaches are going down on Dec 3rd.

Ankf00
10-30-05, 02:59 PM
I thought last year did not matter? hmmmmmmmm cannot ahve it both ways ank

coming from you that's gold :laugh: good luck coming back in the 2nd half vs. stanford, or cal, or whatever other bottom-feeder defense you're playing next week

Peyton was 0-4 vs. ole ball coach and again has his big day ruined by Spurrier. That's gotta suck. :laugh:

man, Peyton can never catch a break :rofl: I still can't believe the Great Pumpking got punked by visor-boy at HOME... :rofl: jeebus...

cartman
10-31-05, 01:54 AM
Richt's got 2 rings as an offensive coordinator, I think you guys will be alright on that end :)

You still want to stand by this statement? Running a quarterback draw on 3rd and 10 with just over a minute left and the game on the line is just plain bad play calling. The following 4th down play call was equally as idiotic. Richt is a sissy. He must have brought his "I'm an ultra conservative nancy boy" play book for Saturday's game. Joe T has a good arm, I really don't understand why we didn't put the ball in air more, especially late in the game. If Richt's such an offensive genius, why does our defense consistently outperform our offense? I really don't think that we will ever stand a chance of winning another national championship with Richt calling the plays.

Fun as hell game to watch though. Congrats skaven, should we have the crow cookout at your place or mine? I do have to give kudos to Willie Martinez and the dawgs defense though. After those 2 quick TD's in the first quarter they woke up and shut you guys down completely and gave our offense every opportunity to win the game. But we couldn't capitalize, why?
Well, in case you haven't noticed the theme of this post - we couldn't capitalize because Richt was calling the plays.

Mark Richt - :thumdown: :flame:

skaven
10-31-05, 11:36 AM
It was a good game... we'll save the crow for a blowout. :)

The fake punt that Urban called highlights the aggressive vs. conservative approach that it sometimes takes to win. I'm glad they made that first down and burned that much more time. Had they failed to convert and UGA won, it would've been a different story though.

skaven
10-31-05, 08:22 PM
Screw Ivan Maisel - he's projecting Goters vs. Northwestern in the Gaylords Hotels Music City Bowl. :(

That's taking "Gay Goters" way, way too far. :gomer:

Pat Forde is predicting Ohio State vs. Florida in the Outback Bowl. Uh oh...

I guess if we beat Dando then, it no longer hurts Ank's precious "strength of schedule." :D

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2194032)

[cartman, both are predicting UGA to the Capital One bowl still]

Ankf00
10-31-05, 08:35 PM
If Meyer quits trying to shove this spread option down his team's throat and plays to their strengths, Leak and a trio of badass WR's w/ pretty good TE's, then you can get somewhere other than nashville for new years, otherwise... :gomer:

in other news the Great Pumpkin king is letting his OC go, Mr. off-tackle left, off-tackle right, halfback iso has resigned effective at the end of the year... Tennessee has only been close to 98 form once since Cutliffe quit for Ole Miss...

here's a scary thought: Imagine how badass ND would be if Cutliffe hadn't resigned b/c of heart surgery, Cutliffe + Weis == pwnz j00.

cartman
10-31-05, 10:49 PM
Screw Ivan Maisel - he's projecting Goters vs. Northwestern in the Gaylords Hotels Music City Bowl. :(

That's taking "Gay Goters" way, way too far. :gomer:

I guess if we beat Dando then, it no longer hurts Ank's precious "strength of schedule." :D

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2194032)

[cartman, both are predicting UGA to the Capital One bowl still]

Well, we still have to get by Auburn in two weeks. Richt better fix his playbook by then, Auburn's defense is certainly no slouch. If all goes well it looks like we'll just have to beat the crap out of Wisconsin once again. I think we've played Wisconsin in like what 6 of our last 7 bowls. I'm sure that's not accurate but it does seem like we end up playing Wisconsin in our bowl game a lot.

You know, as much as I detest USC and their sissy boy conference, I have to hand it to Pete Carroll. Calling that qb draw on the last play of the ND game took balls of steel, something our coach Mr. Richt obviously doesn't have.

UCLA, give me a break. They should have beat Stanford (UC Davis :laugh: ) by at least 30.

cartman
10-31-05, 10:58 PM
If Meyer quits trying to shove this spread option down his team's throat and plays to their strengths, Leak and a trio of badass WR's w/ pretty good TE's, then you can get somewhere other than nashville for new years, otherwise... :gomer:

in other news the Great Pumpkin king is letting his OC go, Mr. off-tackle left, off-tackle right, halfback iso has resigned effective at the end of the year... Tennessee has only been close to 98 form once since Cutliffe quit for Ole Miss...

here's a scary thought: Imagine how badass ND would be if Cutliffe hadn't resigned b/c of heart surgery, Cutliffe + Weis == pwnz j00.

I was at the Tennessee/GA game in 2002 when we came back with about 45 seconds left on the clock and took the game. My wife and I were the only Georgia fans in the heart of our Tennessee section. Some rabid Tennessee fans sitting behind us said to me "you just watch, we really only have about 5 or 6 plays in our whole playbook". Sure enough, he was right. They have been calling for Randy Sander's to get the boot for years in Knoxville. I don't know how he lasted as long as he did.

"This isn't a response to criticism. This is a response to what I see on the field," Sanders said.

Yeah right, major bs. Sanders might be the only coach/coordinator in the country that is a worse play caller than Richt.

Ankf00
10-31-05, 11:17 PM
I submit to you, Greg Davis, original pioneer of the vaunted Prevent Offense, circa 2000-2004.

He finally regrew his nutsack in '05 and we're running plays out of sets I haven't seen in 3-4 years.

cartman
10-31-05, 11:32 PM
I submit to you, Greg Davis, original pioneer of the vaunted Prevent Offense, circa 2000-2004.

He finally regrew his nutsack in '05 and we're running plays out of sets I haven't seen in 3-4 years.

I am hoping that Richt regrows his very soon if he ever even had one. When we hired him on, he was touted as being some kind of offensive genius. In his tenure at UGA, I have yet to see any proof of this theory. Our defense has outperformed our offense consistently since Richt got the helm. I think that he is a great head coach and motivator and I would love to have him continue on in that respect, but it might be time to turn the offensive play calling duties over to someone a little more creative and a little less conservative. Someone needs to smack him upside the head and remind him that you generally don't switch into conservative mode until you have a significant lead.

At least one receiver that could catch the friggin ball wouldn't hurt either.

Ankf00
11-01-05, 12:15 AM
At least one receiver that could catch the friggin ball wouldn't hurt either.

perhaps this is why the playcalling is so conservative in the first place, if WR's aren't stepping up to strech the field vertically, there's not much the coach can do but play it close...

however, in other news today, in SI...

Mike Leach on the plug-n-play abilities of his quarterbacks these past 4 years

If just anybody could play quarterback in this system, I'd recruit a girl from the Swedish Bikini Team,

...because she'd be a lot more fun to watch.

the Leach rocks :D

Ankf00
11-01-05, 10:36 AM
one long sleeve? wtf wears ONE long sleeve?!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/10/23/gallery.cfbweek8/03_VT2.jpg

The future of Oregon...

http://a712.g.akamai.net/7/712/225/1d/www.eastbay.com/images/products/zoom/14604896_z.jpg

Nike must be stopped... Where's MacArthur when you need him? :mad:

coolhand
11-01-05, 11:50 PM
are you kidding about those orgegon uni's?? the change them every year. and those are ugly.

i thik the best ones were a few years back when herrington palyed

dando
11-02-05, 12:08 AM
Oh, good Lord no. OSU runs the table, PSU and WI lose, Bucks in Tempe against the domers. :thumbup: :D

Aw, heck. I'd love to beat yer SEC wussies like we did < OSU in the Alamo Bowl last season. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-02-05, 01:21 AM
Oh, good Lord no. OSU runs the table, PSU and WI lose, Bucks in Tempe against the domers. :D

Aw, heck. I'd love to beat yer SEC wussies like we did < OSU in the Alamo Bowl last season. :)

-Kevin

mmm, yeah. only a slight disparity in talent and coaching between okie aggy and floridia (aka: swamp aggy, I tried, but I couldn't really resist, too easy... :gomer: ) :D

Ankf00
11-03-05, 12:49 AM
The World's Biggest Outdoor Cocktail Party

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/TWOPclp/corso.jpg

looks like he's wearing a 'noles shirt...

skaven
11-03-05, 01:13 PM
......floridia (aka: swamp aggy, I tried, but I couldn't really resist, too easy... :gomer: )

Swamp Aggy.... you can do better than that. :shakehead :D