PDA

View Full Version : Olympic games thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Ankf00
02-16-06, 10:53 PM
If NBC coverage doesn't do a 180 in the next 30 minutes there might very well be a brick through my TV :flame:

Opposite Lock
02-16-06, 11:37 PM
Snowboard Cross = :thumbup:

devilmaster
02-16-06, 11:53 PM
If NBC coverage doesn't do a 180 in the next 30 minutes there might very well be a brick through my TV :flame:

Still got a TV?

SteveH
02-17-06, 12:20 AM

biggie on the :thumbup:

Man, that sport rocks.

Lizzerd
02-17-06, 01:50 AM
Tonight was one of my bowling nights so I barely saw any games tonight, but I caught a bit of the snowboard cross in the bar. I barely glanced at the men figure skaters. As Opposite Lock said about the snowboard cross, :thumbup: and I'd like to add a Freekin Awesome to that. I hope they have some on the late night recap show that I'm going to try to watch some of...

Ankf00
02-17-06, 03:14 AM
I think I watched a whole 100 minutes of NBC olympics today, the most of any day so far... usually it's about 20 then switch channel...

NBC is sucking the life out of the good olympics :mad:

boarder-X is cool, they need to axe the figure skating (what the hell is the diff between ice dancing and doubles figure skating anyways?) and add freeskiing superpipe and skier-X...

while they're at it add slopestyle.

far more entertaining events, and far more sporting than an event where you can fall on your arse, quit for 5 minutes, and STILL medal... figure skating judges would've given kelly clark gold in women's superpipe despite her miscue on her final 900 :rolleyes:

verdict: dick ebersol must go down :mad:

rabbit
02-17-06, 03:53 AM
... they need to axe the figure skating ...What? You didn't enjoy the Johnny Weir(do) meltdown? :laugh:

"I didn't feel my inner peace. I didn't feel my aura. I was black inside."

TKGAngel
02-17-06, 07:28 AM
I think I watched a whole 100 minutes of NBC olympics today, the most of any day so far... usually it's about 20 then switch channel...

boarder-X is cool, they need to axe the figure skating (what the hell is the diff between ice dancing and doubles figure skating anyways?) and add freeskiing superpipe and skier-X...

far more entertaining events, and far more sporting than an event where you can fall on your arse, quit for 5 minutes, and STILL medal... figure skating judges would've given kelly clark gold in women's superpipe despite her miscue on her final 900 :rolleyes:

I'm not an expert by any means, but there is a difference between pairs skating and ice dancing. Pairs skating falls under pretty much the same rules as individual skating, with required jumps, spins and throws. Ice dancing involves taking a ballroom dance to ice. There are rules about contact and lifts. Basically what you see on the ice should be able to be translated to a ballroom with little modification.

The Olympics have consistently gotten their arse whipped by regular network programming this year. Methinks the do or die night for these games is going to be next Thursday, when the ladies skating final goes up against Survivor/CSI, Dancing with the Stars and American Idol.

KLang
02-17-06, 07:45 AM

What's next, Olympic Rollerball? ;)

I think the skating coverage is a ladies thing. My wife appears to like to watch the skating, I prefer the alpine events. Actually I think NBC is doing a pretty good job of mixing up the sports during the evening broadcast.

vancouver
02-17-06, 08:34 AM
Kudos to the BBC. Excellent coverage.

Skating and such like has been demoted to afternoon slots to entertain the bored housewives. Skating is fun to watch when they fall over, I guess.

However, real sports such as snowboarding, skiing - all disciplines, bobsled etc... are aired prime time between 6-9PM! :thumbup:

Spicoli
02-17-06, 08:47 AM
biggie on the :thumbup:

Man, that sport rocks.

Yepper. They git eR Dungy.

No skets in that crowd. :gomer:

:tutu:

Ankf00
02-17-06, 10:44 AM
What's next, Olympic Rollerball? ;)

I think the skating coverage is a ladies thing. My wife appears to like to watch the skating, I prefer the alpine events. Actually I think NBC is doing a pretty good job of mixing up the sports during the evening broadcast.

10 minutes fun sport... 15 minutes retarded human interest stories where John Weir's trying to tell me he's such a hardass (except he's sticking his tongue out at the camera and dancing around in a skirt)... 35 minutes nancies in sequins...

that's nbc... they need one channel for nancies, and another for the sports. and another for hockey :thumbup:

tllips
02-17-06, 10:47 AM
that's nbc... they need one channel for nancies, and another for the sports. and another for hockey :thumbup:

Hockey is on USA and MSNBC/CNBC live. I watched the 3rd period of both US games so far. (not that the Latvia game was worth watching)

Spicoli
02-17-06, 11:17 AM
Bode says - TIME TO PARTY!

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2500/2532278379523172384ek.jpg

:p

KLang
02-17-06, 11:30 AM
10 minutes fun sport... 15 minutes retarded human interest stories where John Weir's trying to tell me he's such a hardass (except he's sticking his tongue out at the camera and dancing around in a skirt)... 35 minutes nancies in sequins...

:laugh: Saw the piece on Weir the other night. He is a rather flamboyant young lad. :laugh:

I guess part of his problem yesterday was he missed the bus to the arena. :cry:

Pretty good commentary on Weir here. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11397282/)

It doesn’t take much to shake up the average figure skater. Takes even less to rattle a self-described “princessy” one who complained the minute he came to the village that there was no room service, the bed was hard and there was dust on the floor of his room.

He wanted a hotel and limo service. He got a twin bed and a bus schedule.

:rofl:

rabbit
02-17-06, 11:47 AM
Pretty good commentary on Weir here. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11397282/)

I read that last night. Pretty good assessment.
Here's another one. (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino2006/figure_skating/news?slug=dw-weir021606&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
He's a national phenomenon because of his flamboyant ways, even if he isn't officially gay. Few people seem to care what he really is; they just like the showmanship that makes Elton John look straight.

It's the dandy outfits. It's the rhinestones. It's the Louis Vuitton bags. It is the prancing ways. It's the fact he describes himself as "princessy," says things such as "I felt like the prettiest flower at the pond" and wears a single red glove.

"I call my glove 'Camille,' " he said at the national championships. "Two Ls."

Know any straight men who would say that? How about admitting Christina Aguilera is their idol? I am less convinced Wilt Chamberlain was straight than I am that Johnny Weir is not. :laugh:

dando
02-17-06, 11:50 AM

A PVR is your friend, holmes. Recording curling, hockey, etc. during the day to watch @ night while recording the NBC prime time highlights is :cool:.

-Kevin

anait
02-17-06, 11:58 AM
I think the skating coverage is a ladies thing.

Ah, no. At least, not for this lady. :thumdown: Give me a hockey game. :thumbup:

Or curling. :p

dando
02-17-06, 11:59 AM
Bode says - TIME TO PARTY!

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2500/2532278379523172384ek.jpg

:p
Is that blonde thing a guy? :eek: :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
02-17-06, 12:23 PM
I'll attest to that. :cool:ness

Anyone who missed the men's event, go watch the video available on NBCOlympics.com. Well worth the watch. Ladies' is underway now and should be on the toob tonight. :thumbup:

-Kevin

rabbit
02-17-06, 12:33 PM
I'll attest to that. :cool:ness

Anyone who missed the men's event, go watch the video available on NBCOlympics.com. Well worth the watch. Ladies' is underway now and should be on the toob tonight. :thumbup:

-Kevin
I'll be watching the women's for sure.
http://www.limaohio.com/story.php?IDnum=22607

RHR_Fan
02-17-06, 01:40 PM
I've been watching a lot of the Olympics. I have the US vs. Sweden game on right now. I've watched a little bit of curling too. I still don't understand it, but it is fascinating to watch. I've watched a lot of the primetime coverage. I do enjoy the skating, but that's as much as I'll say since y'all will make fun of me.

~Nicole

TrueBrit
02-17-06, 02:21 PM
I've been watching a lot of the Olympics. I have the US vs. Sweden game on right now. I've watched a little bit of curling too. I still don't understand it, but it is fascinating to watch. I've watched a lot of the primetime coverage. I do enjoy the skating, but that's as much as I'll say since y'all will make fun of me.

~Nicole

That's alright Nic, Mrs TB and TB Jr are quite fond of poofs on ice as well.... ;)

dando
02-17-06, 02:47 PM
I do enjoy the skating, but that's as much as I'll say since y'all will make fun of me.

~Nicole

Itz a chick thing. :p

Long ago I used to enjoy figure skating, but I just don't get into it anymore.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
02-17-06, 04:45 PM
Itz a chick thing. :p

Long ago I used to enjoy figure skating, but I just don't get into it anymore.

-KevinSo are you saying you used to be a chick? :p

USA Hockey: :rofl:

Spicoli
02-17-06, 05:20 PM
Is that blonde thing a guy? :eek: :saywhat:

-Kevin\

You think bode give's a flyin F? :D

He's worth about 20 million right now - for NOT winning the olympics. :thumbup:

dando
02-17-06, 05:48 PM
So are you saying you used to be a chick? :p

USA Hockey: :rofl:
Just the lady inside the cowboy. :gomer:

Chick with sticks = :thumdown:

I don't see any joy in the loss.

-Kevin

dando
02-17-06, 05:57 PM
\

You think bode give's a flyin F? :D

He's worth about 20 million right now - for NOT winning the olympics. :thumbup:
It's not my fault Phil Knight wipes his ass with $100 bills and throws million$ away on failures. Four years from now Bode will just be a footnote in history just like Dave & Dan. :shakehead Maybe he can start a HIRL team with his jack. :gomer:

-Kevin

Spicoli
02-17-06, 06:24 PM
It's not my fault Phil Knight wipes his ass with $100 bills and throws million$ away on failures. Four years from now Bode will just be a footnote in history just like Dave & Dan. :shakehead Maybe he can start a HIRL team with his jack. :gomer:

-Kevin

Bode was already somebody BEFORE the olympics. :thumbup:

Ankf00
02-17-06, 07:02 PM

-Kevin

uh, Bode didn't earn fame through Phil Knight, he's already World Cup circuit champion...

skiers will never be "famous" in the US, even if he had won 1 or 3 golds. they are however famous in europe regardless of quadrennial games.

by the US standard Raich would be a complete disgrace as well right now. "YOU DIDN'T WIN GOLD, YOU FAILURE!!!!"

Ankf00
02-17-06, 11:28 PM
Official theme of the XXth games:

"How many american standing world cup champions in ski/board events can choke in one week?"

:shakehead

The Doctor
02-17-06, 11:53 PM
Wow.... dumbass move of the year. Comfortable lead and Jacobellis goes and showboats and busts her ass. Smooth. :shakehead :thumdown:

dando
02-18-06, 12:22 AM
skiers will never be "famous" in the US, even if he had won 1 or 3 golds. they are however famous in europe regardless of quadrennial games.

O-V-E-R-R-AT-E-D!

I could care less about what the Euros think about his ***. He's being marketed to USAians. I vote :thumdown:. YMMV

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-18-06, 01:55 AM
O-V-E-R-R-AT-E-D!

I could care less about what the Euros think about his ***. He's being marketed to USAians. I vote :thumdown:. YMMV

-Kevin

and he couldn't care less what you think about his ass.

point being there's an entire world of sport beyond the confines of si/espn.com the country's unaware of and only pick up every 4 years

by your logic jeremy bloom's a tosser too :rolleyes:

just b/c phil knight and others want to hitch their wagons to the american w/ the best chance to medal doesn't mean they're tossers or failures.

"OMG, YOU DIDN'T WIN GOLD, YOU f'ING LOSER!!!"

edit: lindsey jacobellis IS indeed a loser for not winning gold... :shakehead

EDwardo
02-18-06, 12:55 PM
Final. Switzerland 2, Canada 0.

Brutal game.

KLang
02-18-06, 12:59 PM
edit: lindsey jacobellis IS indeed a loser for not winning gold... :shakehead

Yep, can't believe that happened, what a waste. Is this representative of the attitude of the Extreme sports athletes?

In interviews I read earlier in the day yesterday she denied showboating. Last night in the interview with Costas she owned up to it more or less.

dando
02-18-06, 01:10 PM
swiss > canada!

OMFG!!111!! :eek:

-kevin

Ankf00
02-18-06, 01:18 PM
Yep, can't believe that happened, what a waste. Is this representative of the attitude of the Extreme sports athletes?

the crappy thing is that a missed dunk, or fumble, doesn't cost you the win at that very moment...

besides, if you're gonna showboat, showboat! she shoulda pulled a 1080 stalefish :gomer:

Hockey Switzerland :rofl:

skaven
02-18-06, 01:26 PM

As a representative of extreme sports athletes (witness photo previously posted :gomer: ), I can say that this is representative of the attitude of extreme sports athletes.

fourrunner
02-18-06, 01:32 PM
Assuming they come back ... I Bet there won't be any "Hotdogging" in 2010 !!

I can't believe these people don't care if they win !!

I like these extreme sports, and I figure some of the "Cavalier" reactions to "Blowing It" is to cover embarassment, and keep that "rebel" image going, amongst there fellow X Gamers !

But if you don't Respect it .... Why Participate !!!

What's the point ??

Dr. Corkski
02-18-06, 02:30 PM
Martin Gerber > Martin "Homewrecker" Broduer

Russian ref > Rick Nash

KLang
02-18-06, 05:09 PM
SPOILER

At least I assume this will be telecast tonight.
Bode Miller messes up in the super-G. :rolleyes: What is with the US team this year. :(

OTOH Davis golds in 1000 meter speed skating. :thumbup:

Time to get off the internet or I won't have any reason to watch tonight. :gomer:

Ankf00
02-18-06, 05:52 PM
USA Hockey == teh suck.

:(

Dr. Corkski
02-18-06, 06:01 PM
Paul DiPietro > Rick Dipietro

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TKGAngel
02-18-06, 06:45 PM
News from the CBC: In addition to Jose Theodore's positive drug test due to Propecia usage, he also fell down a flight of stairs at his house and fractured his heel. It was a hairline fracture (kid you not), and he will be out 8 weeks. Contuining the injury report, Jagr got his face checked into the boards, but is back in the game after receiving stitches.

It was nice to see the Swiss fans so excited about beating Canada. The CBC announcers couldnt get over the fan enthusiasm, and the sight of the giant Swiss flag being unfurled in the stands.

KLang
02-19-06, 09:39 AM
Bode Miller messes up in the super-G. :rolleyes: What is with the US team this year. :(

OTOH Davis golds in 1000 meter speed skating. :thumbup:

Well, Miller did do an amazing job to not actually fall down.

WTF is the deal between Davis and Hedrick? I guess every olympics needs a bit of drama...

Joelski
02-19-06, 09:42 AM
Well, Miller did do an amazing job to not actually fall down.

WTF is the deal between Davis and Hedrick? I guess every olympics needs a bit of drama...

That dude was a dick on camera. Medal or no medal, he didn't represent the US well.

Spicoli
02-19-06, 10:11 AM
Assuming they come back ... I Bet there won't be any "Hotdogging" in 2010 !!

I can't believe these people don't care if they win !!

I like these extreme sports, and I figure some of the "Cavalier" reactions to "Blowing It" is to cover embarassment, and keep that "rebel" image going, amongst there fellow X Gamers !

But if you don't Respect it .... Why Participate !!!

What's the point ??

Winter Olys are every 2 years Einstein.

racer2c
02-19-06, 10:28 AM

Since when? Vancouver is scheduled for 2010.

nissan gtp
02-19-06, 10:32 AM
curling is on USA right now.

actually kinda cool, and a couple of the gals are cute :thumbup:

Stu
02-19-06, 10:34 AM

Since when? Vancouver is scheduled for 2010.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/atil/forum/haha4.gif

racer2c
02-19-06, 10:37 AM
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/atil/forum/haha4.gif

Stu
02-19-06, 10:44 AM
That dude was a dick on camera. Medal or no medal, he didn't represent the US well.

summary of what was said:

Reporter: Whats it feel like to be the first black medalist in speed skating.

Davis: Its good.

Reporter: Are you angry?

Davis: No I am happy.

Reporter: Well you certainly look happy. :saywhat:

/interview.

That was crazy.

EDwardo
02-19-06, 11:30 AM

tHE dEPARTMENT OF rOCKET sCIENCE dEPARTMENT wishes to inform you that the Winter Olympics are every 4 years. It alternates every 2 years with the Summer Olympics. :D

dando
02-19-06, 11:31 AM

Based on that interview, Davis has more problems than just Hedrick. :shakehead Their next race together should be interesting.

-Kevin

dando
02-19-06, 11:40 AM
curling is on USA right now.

actually kinda cool, and a couple of the gals are cute

The Johnson twins:

http://www.usolympicteam.com/Cassie-Johnson-biomug.jpg http://www.usolympicteam.com/Jamie-Johnson-biomug.jpg

:thumbup:

I like twins! :D

10th end coming up US up 8-6. Must win today against the Swiss and tomorrow against the Brits. EDIT: oh well.

US men face the #1 Brits later today. (I won't spoil the fun for l8r)

-Kevin

dando
02-19-06, 11:53 AM
Bode: "Fifth Place, Disqualified, Did Not Finish."

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/19/sports/olympics/19bode.html?ei=5090&en=7d1438c989db6dee&ex=1298005200&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

:shakehead :gomer:

-Kevin

KLang
02-19-06, 12:20 PM
‘Join Bode’ ... at bar, not slopes. If Miller really can take or leave Games, then he should just go home
(http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11436387/)

Bode Miller is turning into a one-liner. Looks like even the ski gates saw those Nike ads with the slogan, “Join Bode.” They took the campaign seriously. They keep running into him.

Miller is now 0 for 3 in Winter Olympic events, and twice he’s failed to finish the course after becoming entangled in the gates. In the super-G on Saturday, Miller finally got what he wanted: he managed to look like a great athlete without having to compete for a medal.

:laugh:

fourrunner
02-19-06, 12:25 PM

Well that was a warm & fuzzy response !

EDwardo
02-19-06, 12:28 PM
The Johnson twins:

http://www.usolympicteam.com/Cassie-Johnson-biomug.jpg http://www.usolympicteam.com/Jamie-Johnson-biomug.jpg

:thumbup:

I like twins! :D

Cassie and Jamie aren't twins.......

"Now 24 and 25, the Johnson sisters......."
http://www.usolympicteam.com/11569_44308.htm

fourrunner
02-19-06, 12:30 PM
Cassie and Jamie aren't twins.......

"Now 24 and 25, the Johnson sisters......."
http://www.usolympicteam.com/11569_44308.htm

Or a VERY LONG & Painful Delivery !! ;)

Sean O'Gorman
02-19-06, 12:53 PM
Personally I want to see an absolute fatty become an Olympic curling legend so that sport looks as dumb as it should. How unfair is it that curlers get to share the same Olympic village as the real athletes?

Stu
02-19-06, 12:56 PM
Personally I want to see an absolute fatty become an Olympic curling legend so that sport looks as dumb as it should. How unfair is it that curlers get to share the same Olympic village as the real athletes?

The Jimmy Spencer, Tony Stewart, and John Daly of the Olympics?

TrueBrit
02-19-06, 01:01 PM

Only if you're watching re-runs....Einstein... :gomer:

devilmaster
02-19-06, 01:08 PM

Doh!

:laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

Spicoli
02-19-06, 01:45 PM
Doh!

:laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

you just don't know about the other ones.

Loser! :gomer:

Lizzerd
02-19-06, 02:26 PM

nrc
02-19-06, 02:36 PM
My theory is that Spicoli just woke up from 1994, when the Lillehammer games were just two years after Albertville.

EVL29
02-19-06, 02:52 PM
So,is Sweden the new USSR for us? :cry:

fourrunner
02-19-06, 02:52 PM
My theory is that Spicoli just woke up from 1994, when the Lillehammer games were just two years after Albertville.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that done to get this Winter / Summer alternating every other year thing started ?

nrc
02-19-06, 02:59 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that done to get this Winter / Summer alternating every other year thing started ?

That's my understanding.

Ankf00
02-19-06, 03:23 PM

yep.

fourrunner
02-19-06, 03:31 PM
Thanks gentleman !

Back when I was 16, when the remote control was throwing a coaster at your little brother to get him to change the chanel, The Olympics was a big deal, and you had that Bonanza Year when you got both the winter & summer games, then that interminable wait of 4 years for the next one !!

Once more Sports on Cable came about, The Olympics lost some lustre, so that switch to Alternating years helped ...

But then came American Idol !!

I Weep for the Future !

EVL29
02-19-06, 05:54 PM
Bit OT...

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino2006/news?slug=ap-austria-mayer&prov=ap&type=lgns

:gomer:

EVL29
02-19-06, 10:29 PM
Finland-2
Canada-El Zippo

Looking like '98 all over again,eh?

TrueBrit
02-19-06, 11:14 PM
Oh. My. God.

Tonight's coverage is absolutely, bloody awful.....

No skiing due to bad weather, so after we see every, single crappy damn ice-dancing couple we have a Jerome Bettis time-filling interview... :eek:

oh, and I believe four (editted) bobsled runs....

Atrocious...

and Bob Costas's smug grin ain't helpin' either.... :saywhat:

rabbit
02-19-06, 11:35 PM
LOL at the Dan Jansen DHL commercial.

"I know what that feels like." :laugh: :thumbup:

RHR_Fan
02-20-06, 01:16 AM
LOL at the Dan Jansen DHL commercial.

"I know what that feels like." :laugh: :thumbup:

Ditto. :laugh:

And as much as I enjoy the Law and Order shows, I am TIRED of seeing the previews for "Conviction."

~Nicole

nrc
02-20-06, 01:24 AM
I'm boycotting coverage until barrel jumping gets its due and becomes an Olympic sport. :p

Lizzerd
02-20-06, 03:17 AM
Yeah... Whatever happened to barrel jumping?

nrc
02-20-06, 03:32 AM
Yeah... Whatever happened to barrel jumping?
I was wondering the same thing - wondering whether some of these new sports aren't just the modern equivilent. But barrel jumping never made it to the olympics before it died out. Evidently speed skaters just stopped goofing off.

http://www.hickoksports.com/history/barreljumping.shtml

Sean O'Gorman
02-20-06, 08:23 AM
They need to bring back Olympic pigeon shooting and tug-o-war too.

http://www.topendsports.com/events/discontinued/pigeonshooting.htm

SteveH
02-20-06, 10:31 AM
Oh. My. God.

Tonight's coverage is absolutely, bloody awful.....

No skiing due to bad weather, so after we see every, single crappy damn ice-dancing couple we have a Jerome Bettis time-filling interview... :eek:

oh, and I believe four (editted) bobsled runs....

Atrocious...

and Bob Costas's smug grin ain't helpin' either.... :saywhat:

Ice dancing is lame. However, Tanith Belbin is hot. I only watch for the chicks! :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
02-20-06, 10:44 AM
Ice dancing is lame. However, Tanith Belbin is hot. I only watch for the chicks! :gomer:

:thumbup: :thumbup: for Belbin, because she is an autocrosser.

http://www.tankslapperautosport.com/files/html/tanith/tb_civic_sm.jpg

http://www.tankslapperautosport.com/pages.php?pageid=18

Ankf00
02-20-06, 12:40 PM
O'Gorman's counting down the days until Parking Lot Jousting is added to the summer games.

Stu
02-20-06, 01:02 PM
O'Gorman's counting down the days until Parking Lot Jousting is added to the summer games.

Yea like youre not counting down the days til Beer Pong is in. mmhmm.

Ankf00
02-20-06, 02:19 PM
Austrian XC/Biathlon team houses raided by Italian cops for drugs/doping. Used syringes & glucose drips found...

Spicoli
02-20-06, 04:19 PM
The winter Olympics are every TWO years, Einstein. :gomer: :p

that was funny, musta been hungover or gettin a hummer. ;)

Turn7
02-20-06, 04:24 PM
The winter Olympics are every TWO years, Einstein.

not.

rabbit
02-20-06, 05:37 PM
So I'm reading this story (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino2006/nordic_combined/news?slug=ap-nor-nordicblackeye&prov=ap&type=lgns) about all the doping charges hitting the nordic sports this year. It's a very serious issue, the story says, and it's leaving a black eye on the sport. But hey, at least they're cracking down on this very serious issue.

Then I get to this line in the story...

"I think it's good for sports generally," World Anti-Doping Agency chief Dick Pound said, referring to the unprecedented Olympic testing.If that's my name, and I'm the head of a major international agency, I'm going by "Richard" (or at least "R. [insert middle name] Pound"). :rofl:

Lizzerd
02-20-06, 05:45 PM
CONGRATS TO (MOST OF) OUR CANUCKIAN FRIENDS TO THE NORTH FOR THE WOMEN'S HOCKEY GOLD!

anait
02-20-06, 06:22 PM
CONGRATS TO (MOST OF) OUR CANUCKIAN FRIENDS TO THE NORTH FOR THE WOMEN'S HOCKEY GOLD!

w00000t!!!!!!! :thumbup: Glad I was home to see it.

All right, men - let's get it together now. 2 outta 2. :cool:

Dr. Corkski
02-20-06, 06:43 PM
Women's hockey is not real hockey. :D

*ducks*

Ankf00
02-20-06, 07:21 PM
Is Ryan Leaf coaching our alpine ski team? :saywhat:

TKGAngel
02-20-06, 07:35 PM
w00000t!!!!!!! :thumbup: Glad I was home to see it.

All right, men - let's get it together now. 2 outta 2. :cool:

I think if the Canadian men were to be upset in hockey, that would probably be *the* story of the games. I know you can put all the talent in the world on a team and that doesn't mean they will make one cohesive unit, but something just seemed off about the Canadian men during their last 2 games.

Congrats to the Canadian women for winning gold and the US women for winning silver!

Tifosi24
02-20-06, 07:41 PM
US Women won shameful ;) bronze.

Dr. Corkski
02-20-06, 07:58 PM
I think if the Canadian men were to be upset in hockey, that would probably be *the* story of the games. I know you can put all the talent in the world on a team and that doesn't mean they will make one cohesive unit, but something just seemed off about the Canadian men during their last 2 games.Not really. Many people including myself picked the Czechs to win, although they are playing like crap too right now. Sweden, Finland, and Russia were all given an outside shot at the gold as well. Slovakia and Switzerland is playing better than anyone expected as well.

Canadian men have actually been scoring the last 2 days. Trouble is they only counted for Swizterland and Italy.

Sweden couldn't even manage 10 shots in the gold medal game today. :gomer:

Ankf00
02-20-06, 08:14 PM
Gold Medal Game: Finland vs. Slovakia (assuming they don't meet earlier)
Bronze Medal Game: Russia vs. Sweden (same....)

IlliniRacer
02-20-06, 10:57 PM
Rumor is Barry Bonds in filing papers to adopt Shani Davis. :D

B3RACER1a
02-20-06, 11:31 PM
That Italian ice dancer is REALLY mad at her partner! :eek: