PDA

View Full Version : Olympic games thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

B3RACER1a
02-20-06, 11:37 PM
Well, not anymore I guess....lol.

EDwardo
02-21-06, 12:05 AM
I missed the ice dancer toss event last night. I didn't know about the new event where you throw your partner down on the ice. So I had to settle for some video clips........

vancouver
02-21-06, 09:43 AM
Canadian men have actually been scoring the last 2 days.

Really? ;)

My dirty mind going into over drive, damn! ;)

Ankf00
02-21-06, 10:25 AM
SPOILER!!!!

Latvia lost to the Kazakhs so USA Hockey has the distinct privilage of being anally violated by Finland tomorrow... this is to follow our sodomy later today at the hands of the Fighting Putins. :(

KLang
02-21-06, 10:33 AM
I missed the ice dancer toss event last night. I didn't know about the new event where you throw your partner down on the ice. So I had to settle for some video clips........

A bit more drama then usual in the Ice Dancing competition. :laugh: That one gal was even taken out on a stretcher. :eek:

My wife thinks the antics of the Italian team were all for show. Looked real to me.

Congrats to Belbin and Agosto on the silver. :thumbup:

Belbin. :cool:

rabbit
02-21-06, 11:03 AM
:thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
02-21-06, 12:59 PM
Latvia lost to the Kazakhs so USA Hockey has the distinct privilage of being anally violated by Finland tomorrow... this is to follow our sodomy later today at the hands of the Fighting Putins. :(Latvia would have had to score 17 goals on Team Borat to have had any chance of advancing. Stalin would have crushed any such rebellion.

G.
02-21-06, 01:12 PM
Athletic, very pretty and, um, very bendy. What's missing.... hmmm... now if she could sweep the floors like the Curling chicks....

:p

TKGAngel
02-21-06, 01:15 PM
Latvia would have had to score 17 goals on Team Borat to have had any chance of advancing. Stalin would have crushed any such rebellion.

Media pundits have been saying that the Olympics aren't drawing as much attention from the viewing public since the "us v. them" aspect of the games has been removed. In hockey for example, its kind of hard to root against Russia, when it contains your favorite hometown team winger. There's also the loss of the good defection story, where someone leaves mother Russia for the freedom of the west.

My AOL homepage had as their lead story this morning that the Austrian biathlon/x-country ski coach was in a psychiatric ward due to a car chase after the doping raid the other night. Any bets that this will not be mentioned on NBC, since its doesn't fit into their pre-determined coverage template?

anait
02-21-06, 01:20 PM
Good grief, 25-14 shots on goal for the Czechs. Come ON, guys!!! :saywhat:

KLang
02-21-06, 01:22 PM
My AOL homepage had as their lead story this morning that the Austrian biathlon/x-country ski coach was in a psychiatric ward due to a car chase after the doping raid the other night. Any bets that this will not be mentioned on NBC, since its doesn't fit into their pre-determined coverage template?

That story was mentioned last night during the olympics coverage.

Ankf00
02-21-06, 01:27 PM
That story was mentioned last night during the olympics coverage.

yea, but it took all freaking day for them to post it on their website... even the NYTimes had the story up first thing in the morning

Dr. Corkski
02-21-06, 01:28 PM
yea, but it took all freaking day for them to post it on their website... even the NYTimes had the story up first thing in the morningThey were waiting for the spread from Rick Tocchet. :gomer:

Ankf00
02-21-06, 01:50 PM
I wonder how much Janet Jones lost on CAN-SWI & CAN-FIN

Dr. Corkski
02-21-06, 02:53 PM
The IIHF is not too happy because it looks like the Swedes are going to "Waddell" their game against the Slovaks just so they could face Switzerland instead of Canada in the quaterfinals. No word on whether they are bringing Tommy Salo out of retirement to do so.

Ankf00
02-21-06, 03:53 PM
ESCHE?!? :confused: :saywhat:

Waddells: 2 PP's, 0 G's
Fightin' Putins: 2 PK's, 1 G

:flame:

Dr. Corkski
02-21-06, 04:19 PM
ESCHE?!? :confused: :saywhat:

Waddells: 2 PP's, 0 G's
Fightin' Putins: 2 PK's, 1 G

:flame:Gotta rest The Rick for the Finland slaughter tomorrow. Unless you wanted John Grahame, I wouldn't even let that guy start for the women's team.

Night Train
02-22-06, 12:46 AM
Goalie selection was horrible. Miller should be in net, period.

TKGAngel
02-22-06, 09:13 AM
Goalie selection was horrible. Miller should be in net, period.

Yup he should. The selection committee got caught in the what-ifs about Miller's thumb injury. However, the break is probably the best thing for him, considering Lindy Ruff has been known to ride a goalie until he drops. See Hasek, Dominik.

Should we congratulate the Finns now, or wait till the game is over?

Ankf00
02-22-06, 01:10 PM
Can't say anything about Miller, thumb was broken...

as for Martin & Connolly... :shakehead

Ankf00
02-22-06, 02:33 PM
Panziest. Refs. Ever.

Tifosi24
02-22-06, 02:39 PM
Someone needs to start the herpes chant for the US, stay out of the box!!

Ankf00
02-22-06, 03:05 PM
Well this sucks.

Dr. Corkski
02-22-06, 05:00 PM
Scoring 3 goals on the Finns in this tournament should be a moral victory. :rofl:

Dr. Corkski
02-22-06, 05:49 PM
Ovechkin + Nabokov = Crazy Delicious. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

IlliniRacer
02-22-06, 08:17 PM
Scoring 3 goals on the Finns in this tournament should be a moral victory. :rofl:

What color medal do they get for that?

Stu
02-22-06, 08:35 PM
What color medal do they get for that?

pink

TrueBrit
02-25-06, 09:43 PM
Choke-E Miller...

Are we done with this piker now?

dando
02-25-06, 11:37 PM
Choke-E Miller...

Are we done with this piker now?
Let us hope. What a POS, over-hyped, underachieving loser. :thumdown:

But hey, Spicoli likes him, so it's all good. :gomer:

-Kevin

SteveH
02-26-06, 01:03 AM
Bode Miller, the Eddie Cheever of Alpine Skiing :gomer:

Lizzerd
02-26-06, 01:41 AM
Bode Miller, the Eddie Cheever of Alpine Skiing :gomer:

More like a young Paul Tracy. Crash or win.

oddlycalm
02-26-06, 03:26 AM
Incredible play by the Canadian team in the curling final shutting the door on Finland. Team Canada picked up a record 6pts on the sixth end to take the gold. There were so many perfect shots that I was stunned when the skip blew the final rock right through the house and missed scoring a 7th. He came down the ice with a goofy smile and said he couldn't get his pulse under control. :) One of the better Olympic moments.

Helluva match between the UK and US with the match decided by a perfect final rock by the US skip. :thumbup:

oc

KLang
02-26-06, 09:33 AM
Let us hope. What a POS, over-hyped, underachieving loser.

How did the jerk make the team in the first place? :shakehead A national embarrassment.

Great run by Ohno in the 500 meter final :thumbup:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060225/060225_ohno_hmed_1p.h2.jpg

Stu
02-26-06, 09:59 AM
How did the jerk make the team in the first place? :shakehead A national embarrassment.

2 silvers medals in the last winter olympics in 2002 (2004 according Spicoli)
4 time world champ
Alpine World Cup Title

he's got the resume to be there.

TrueBrit
02-26-06, 11:13 AM
I don't question his past acheivements, but as with all things nowadays it's a question of "what have you done for me lately?" and the answer in Chok-E Miller's case is 'bugger-all'...He showed up out of shape, partied too hard and lacked sufficient focus to get the job done.

Contrast that with Anton Ono's preparation and focus and you can see why many people are ready to see the back of Miller's skis...

EVL29
02-26-06, 01:55 PM
Miller has craploads of talent,but little maturity.

He's what,28? High school should have ended about a decade ago but he still acts as if he's "the Dude".

This "I don't really care if I win or lose" attitude is a crock.
I've never seen someone make so much effort to appear nonchalant.

:thumdown:

anait
02-26-06, 03:37 PM
Incredible play by the Canadian team in the curling final shutting the door on Finland. Team Canada picked up a record 6pts on the sixth end to take the gold. There were so many perfect shots that I was stunned when the skip blew the final rock right through the house and missed scoring a 7th. He came down the ice with a goofy smile and said he couldn't get his pulse under control. :) One of the better Olympic moments.

:D He's gonna get teased about that miss for a loooong time!

It was also funny when he was trying to call home to Newfoundland to talk to his mom (she was unable to attend the Games b/c she's undergoing treatment for cancer). He was on his cell, walking away from the crowd (with a camera in his face), listening to the rings...he finally looked up at the camera and said, "Mom! Pick up the phone!" :) So casual, for a second it was like watching the Brier! :D

racermike
02-26-06, 06:34 PM
Choke-E thanks everyone for their support .......

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2276/bodefinger15sq.jpg

RHR_Fan
02-27-06, 12:05 AM
Games are over. :( :cry:

But I'm going to Champions on Ice in June so I'll get to see some skaters and ice dancers soon! :thumbup:

~Nicole

chop456
02-27-06, 03:03 AM
More like a young Paul Tracy. Crash or win.

Young? :D

KLang
02-27-06, 11:39 AM
\

You think bode give's a flyin F? :D

He's worth about 20 million right now - for NOT winning the olympics. :thumbup:

I hope Bode invested it well. I doubt he'll be looking at any more big endorsement contracts in the future. :shakehead

Stu
02-27-06, 08:45 PM
http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/images/barney.jpg

BARNEY'S BLOG

Thursday, February 23, 2006, 4:37pm

WINTER OH! - LYMPICS

Apparently, not many people have been watching the Winter Olympics taking place right now in Torino, Italia. At first I found this disturbing: Whatever happened to patriotism, international camaraderie, or appreciation for unprecedented feats of athleticism? I flipped on the flat-screen, looking for answers and dramatic Alpine shots of hard-bodied snow bunnies slathering one another in full-bodied olive oil.

What I found, however, was a collection of unidentifiable humanoids shuffling around in unflattering space suits, masking their mugs in goofy helmets and competing in events that seem designed to paralyze the presumably-attractive participant from the gazongas down. If these world-class athletes are truly engaging in athletic feats of international camaraderie, as I certainly would be were I bunking down in Olympic Village, then no sign of it whatsoever is making it to air. Hmm, I wonder why ratings are down?

Below are a few proposals that will no doubt increase viewership, improve morale, and add some much-needed heat to these Olympic games.

HOT TUBBING: Like snowboarding, this phenomenon has grown from a pastime to a full-fledged Olympic-caliber event. Today's great hot tubbers are getting naked, getting relaxed and getting it on with the focused energy of professional athletes, as they attempt to pass the torch underwater and avoid embarrassing bubbles.

BOOBSLED: What, besides anything, would be more exciting than watching a four-man bobsled team sliding down the track? How about a topless, eight-milkshake toboggan team that makes every jostle and carom a cause for celebration? I've got a really tasteless chapstick joke that could go right hereā€¦ (HINT: they're topless, it's cold, and they're moving fast).

FIGURE RATING: A sport to determine, once and for all, which nation produces the world's hottest women. An international team of judges using sophisticated computer equipment will award points for technical and aesthetic merit. Unlike Figure Skating, participants MUST be biologically female, fully-developed, and over the age of 18 by the time of the games, or at least within spitting distance if they're like, super hot.

ICE POLE-DANCING: This bastard cousin of figure skating would be re-energized with an infusion of techniques from fine burlesque, introducing a pole in lieu of the "male" "dancer." Extra points awarded to dancers who pull off the difficult "nipple lutz" or, I guess, pull anything off.

IGLOO CONSTRUCTION: How do they make those things?

BIATHALON: Just a shout-out to the one Olympic sport that needs no augmentation. I could watch the bi's athaloning all night long. I do propose, however, widening its scope to include the bi-curious-athletes as they tend to be hotter, pound for pound.

Ankf00
03-02-06, 01:38 PM
meh, Bode has more medals and titles than anyone else on the ski or hockey team

what do we do now, pile onto Jeremy Bloom? making a big deal out of his endorsement money and then not qualifying for the finals? :rolleyes: